[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To toss the pasta with some of the sauce or not? I come from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: pastafucku.jpg (190KB, 700x1040px) Image search: [Google]
pastafucku.jpg
190KB, 700x1040px
To toss the pasta with some of the sauce or not?

I come from a family that used to rinse noodles in water and add some oil to keep the noodles from sticking together. So needless to say, I did not have a strong culinary upbringing. But I notice that many restaurants and food pics do not toss their noodles in sauce to coat them.

Pic related... tossed noodles. Not looking to have my plating or food r8-ed, so if you feel the need to do so, go toss some salad instead.
>>
>>7260157
Don't rinse the noodles. Quickly drain them and throw them in the sauce. You rinse off the starch when you rinse them. Makes it so the sauce doesn't stick to the pasta. Also, enjoy the barrage of shit flinging from europoors for doing everything wrong.
>>
ive literally never had a problem with pasta sticking together.
>>
>>7260157
yes. toss. get the timing right so the pasta goes from the pot to the pan
>>
>>7260157
>rinse noodles in water and add some oil to keep the noodles from sticking together

explain why this is wrong
>>
>>7260157
its really just for looks.

i prefer tossed since every noodle is already covered and saves me a step from mixing shit around when i get the plate.

>rinsing pasta
>putting oil in pasta

god damn
>>
File: 1312794820161.gif (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1312794820161.gif
4KB, 400x400px
>>7260186
is this a trick question?
>>
>>7260157

Only shit restaurants don't mix the sauce with pasta, in terms of photography I believe they do it just for the color contrast and they need that sterile look since most of them are either stock photos or portfolio pieces. Also you should cook your sauce low and slow because it looks watery and like you just heated up a can of chopped tomatoes added some herbs and called it a day.
>>
>>7260182

I do not rinse it, nor do i add oil. My family used to. That is why I mentioned it wasn't a strong culinary background. I drain and toss with some sauce. I'm just curious as to how other people do it and why it doesn't seem that restaurants do it.
>>
>>7260194

Makes sense.

And yes, I did cut some corners. Tomatoes were canned fire roasted chopped tomatoes. Late night dinner, nothing too laborious. Good eye, and thnx for the advice.
>>
>>7260188
it's not a question you mong
>>
File: pastafasta.jpg (167KB, 700x892px) Image search: [Google]
pastafasta.jpg
167KB, 700x892px
>>7260194

The end result was decent. Well, I guess that is a relative term..lol.
>>
>>7260240
please tell me thats not prego

were any fresh ingredients invovled in this
>>
>>7260261
Does my jizz count?
>>
>>7260188
Is it because oil and water don't mix, or because I fucked your mother with my work boots on?
>>
File: 1327718443817.gif (491KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1327718443817.gif
491KB, 500x282px
>>7260283
no bullying please
>>
>>7260261

No prego. Other than the tomatoes, the other veg was fresh.
>>
Drain the pasta, add a bit at a time to the sauce (which should still be heating gently) while mixing thoroughly, stop adding pasta when you like the consistency
>>
>>7260261
With contadina tomato sauce (that's sauce not puree) you don't need any extra vegetables, just a few cups of canola oil and lots of freshly sprinkled dried herbs.
>>
File: 1450858745894.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1450858745894.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>7260336
>>
>boil pasta in normal water
>rinse
>throw into sauce
>let it sit for 10 minutes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.