[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's your secret pasta sauce ingredient? Just made some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: quick-and-savory-pasta-sauce.png (649KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
quick-and-savory-pasta-sauce.png
649KB, 600x450px
what's your secret pasta sauce ingredient? Just made some pasta sauce and threw in brown sugar, it was pretty good.
>>
really good ripe tomatoes and lots of garlic.
>>
Pan roast some peppers garlic and mushrooms before adding sauce
>>
File: DSC_1090.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1090.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>7259964
Oh my bolognese sauce isn't a secret, but it's tedious as FUCK.

1. Oil, butter, soften diced carrot, onions, leek, mushrooms and garlic with salt and pepper.
2. Brown a pound of veal, a pound of beef, a pound of pork and 3/4 pound of pancetta.
3. Turn the heat down to medium/medium low, let the water content from the meat cook off, and let the meat cook in its fat. This should take easily half an hour.
4. Deglaze with white wine.
5. Add tomato puree. Let some more liquid cook off on medium.
6. Add milk, and cook that off.
7. Moderate thickness with water, salt/pepper to taste

I guess if I had one it'd be the milk and white wine, most places don't add milk or add red wine instead. And mushrooms, some people will kill me for adding mushrooms to bolognese but it's my goddamn recipe and I likes it with mushrooms so there.

Couldn't find a picuture of the sauce when done but this was after the meat cooked in its own fat for about 40 ish minutes.
>>
>>7260013
I want it.

Mail it frozen to me.
>>
Baking soda
>>
>>7260026
Ya gotta wait till I got the occasion to make it man, five to six pounds of crap stewed takes time and people to finish.
>>
>>7259964
I've heard instant coffee but I don't remember where or why
>>
Gojujang and brown sugar. I keep garlic on the low because I alsoake garlic bread go dip.
Should I not ?
>>
>>7259964
boogers and cum
>>
>>7259964
A little bit of Pitzman's mustard.
>>
>>7259964
Tradition. I always make my italian sauces to the most pedant old country recipes (recipe deposited in the chamber of commerce) then I add a secret ingredient or two more because otherwise that shit is bland as fuck.
>>
beans
>>
>>7259964
tumeric
>>
>>7260346
No sauce is complete without a helping of Pitzman's. I put some in my Russian dressing.
>>
>>7260013
That's a gigantic potful of sauce alright. It reminds me of Mario Batali's recipe though, which is good.

I myself like to roast bell peppers in the oven, then peel and seed them, and dice them into the sauce whenever I'm doing something other than a traditional recipe. I just like the sweetened pepper. Sometimes I roast the tomatoes too, but I am unsure if this really accomplishes anything.

Another thing is these dried red chili that are similar to piri-piri, but slightly larger, that I buy from my local derka shop. Those and anchovies make a good puttanesca. I recently dragged a bag of shichuan peppers from there, I wonder what kind of a sauce they would make...
>>
File: IMG_20160112.jpg (295KB, 741x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160112.jpg
295KB, 741x1000px
First time making bolognese
>13 cherry tomatoes
>2 regular tomatoes
>1 green bell pepper
>1/2 red pepper
>diced onions
>thai chilli sauce and some tomato sauce

I wanted to add mushrooms but decided against it.

>made it in a rice cooker as my dorm doesn't have much of a kitchen
It looks like crap in the picture I know
>>
lemon juice, desu, it adds a little depth
>>
>>7260686
It's rather green
>>
>>7260013
>mushrooms in Bolognese
>pork and pancetta in Bolognese
>FUCKING WHITE WINE in Bolognese
>MILK IN BOLOGNESE

VAFFANCULO
>>
I like starting my sauce with a slice of smoked bacon. Besides rendering it for fat it adds a nice fond to the bottom of the pot. I give it a fine chop and add it back when the sauce is finished.
>>
>>7260789
might be due to the peppers
doesn't taste bad honestly.
>>
>>7260792
>bacon
I hate you.
>>
>>7259964
Red pepper paste (biber salçası) in fucking everything
>>
>>7260791
nothing wrong with any of those

literally fuck off
>>
File: redpepper_paste.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
redpepper_paste.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>7260982
This. I have a Chinese roommate and I stole some from his cabinet. Dope as fuck.

Curry is also interesting, just don't use too much.
>>
i use tomatoes i canned from my garden

heavenly
>>
>>7261032
>2009-05-05
Dat expiration date!
>>
>>7261060
it's not like I took the picture
>>
>>7261032
>>7261060 cont.
Also, is that fermented chillies? I need to pay a visit to Korean shoppe next time I'm in the big city!
>>
>>7260791
I bet you eat your bolognese over spaghetti too, don't you? Filthy savage.
>>
Pinch of tarragon. Lightens the taste up a bit imo.
>>
>'''''''people'''''''' that don't mix the pasta & sauce before serving

fucking sub-human
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.