[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I prepare these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 14

How do I prepare these?
>>
>>7258495
Is it a filet? Pat dry with a paper towel and sear on both sides. Finish in the oven to 115 and let it rest for 15 minutes.
>>
>>7258511
Why the fucked would you set your oven to 115 to finish a steak? 145 is rare and it would be impossible to reach even that trip when the oven is 30 fucking degrees lower. Easily the most retarded thing I've ever seen on /ck/
>>
Cool it in boiling water (that's why its in an individual bag like that) for roughly an hour
>>
>>7258541
Most of the world uses Celsius.
>>
>>7258541
>Finish in the oven to 115
>to 115
The implication is that the internal temperature of the meat is finished to 115. That's not the oven temperature.

145 is waaaay overcooked, faggot.
>>
>>7258599
145 is just over medium. More than juicy enough.
>>
File: 1434317125538.jpg (17KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
1434317125538.jpg
17KB, 263x263px
>>7258595
this is an american board.
>>
>>7258603
No, this is a cooking board.
>>
>>7258602
>anything past medium rare
Gaaaaayyy
>>
I just seasoned them with a bunch of spices...

...including
>salt
>pepper
>garlic
>onion
>parsley
>basil
>oregano
>paprika
>cinnamon

Did I fuck up already?
>>
>>7258618
>Did I fuck up already?
Yes.
>>
>>7258618
I don't know about the cinnamon, but then again I like weird spice combinations. Report back with how it tasted.
>>
>>7258643
Well, these Omaha steaks were free from work, so why not experiment.

CAST IRON?

CAST IRON.
>>
>>7258618
Kek
>babby's first seasoning blend

Well maybe all the flavors will just meld together into something slightly more than inedible.
>>
>>7258661
I love cast iron, so I will lurk.
>>
OK, they've warmed to room temp now, which is important right guise?

>right?
>guise?

IDK, but they're room temp now.
>>
>>7258671
>>
>>7258671
It doesn't matter. You can search some info on the subject. It's far more important to get the surface dry, sear them on high heat, and finish cooking to temp in an oven.

I've tested this extensively. You'll just have to take my word for it.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>7258671
>he fell for the room temperature meme!
>>
Bake the pan, and prepare the olive oil?

Olive oil guise?
Fuck canola oil since not frying anything.
>>
And start the side dishes while the pan warms.

Just some shitty packaged rice and a can of pre-seasoned Lima beans (which are fucking delicious btw).
>>
>>7258541
>115

Nigga, you best be joking.
>>
...and it is time...

Sear over high flame for about 3min, flip and repeat.
>>
Why do people pretend steak is this sort of holy grail in cooking?
I'd put burgers above steaks, really.
>>
I'd take them out of the plastic first
>>
Annnnd searing is done.

Now to finish them off in the oven, straight in the pan.

Note: my oven only goes down to 170 at the lowest, so oven time will be shortened accordingly.

Also getting the butter out....
>>
And now it comes out the oven.

I will let it rest and simultaneously smear it in butter.

The rice and beans sides have been resting for awhile already.
>>
OK. Coated in butter, and now resting.

And now for a cigarette break because white trash.
>>
>>7258682
Kept in mind for future use.

Momma always said let warm to room temp before cooking, but I saw that thread yesterday contradicting that.
>>
Plated.

Not good at presentation at all but my view is: who gives a fuck as long as it tastes good?

BRB going to eat, /ck/.
>>
>>7258618
Here's a tip for the future OP. Most spices burn in the pan. Salt and pepper are all you should put on a piece of meat to sear it in a pan. Herbs and aromatics should come later with a sauce or otherwise.
>>
>>7258935
Thanks anon.

Shit was delicious either way. only thing would have done differently is perhaps not bake for so long. Don't get me wrong, shit was tender as fuck, but I think I left it in the oven perhaps 30s to a minute too long.

Also I do want to try marinating beef in general. I work an 8hr job like most people, but I barely have time in the mornings to make breakfast, let alone marinate beef for when I get home. I want to change that.

Otherwise a delicious meal.
>>
>>7258495
I'm always intimidated by meat this thick. I just know I'll burn the outside before the inside isn't raw. You cook it too high right off, it'll get the proper outside but burn by the time it's done in the middle. if it's too low, it just "steams" the meat and people tell you not to use steak on a low heat.
>>
>>7258664
BTW,

It turned out great. Didn't overdo it on the cinnamon of course so it really just added a hint of "sweet" to the meat that I really enjoyed eating.

Saving my own thread for future mignons and sirloins.
>>
>>7259134
good job
you don't need to finish in the oven though, just keep them in the pan at a lower heat.
every place i've worked at cranks the ovens for finishing steaks (500F, 270C). just saying that air is a shitty conductor of heat.

make the marinade at night, then before you leave for work in the morning, slip the steaks in the marinade.
>>
>>7259185
This.

WTF do people think is different about finishing in the oven than just turning the heat down on the cooktop?
>>
>>7259274
yeah,

it's faster to finish in the oven IF the oven is cranked up high. that's why restaurants do it.
you can get a better crust on it if you just use a pan IMO. if you use an oven, you might want to flip it half way through. a lot of direct heat coming from the pan, with shitty heat coming from the air in the oven.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.