[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /ck/ use MSG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 8

File: 1452013056165.jpg (258KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452013056165.jpg
258KB, 1280x960px
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-msg-got-a-bad-rap-flawed-science-and-xenophobia/

i mean ive known this forever but nice to see it getting out there to the mainstream
>>
How do you use MSG bro?
>>
>>7255632
I have a bottle of Accent next to my salt and pepper.
>>
File: 1366503889215.gif (1MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1366503889215.gif
1MB, 380x285px
>muh gun
Edgy
>>
MSG is like vaccines, GMOs, gluten, aspartame etc. Once a few crazy people (or just as often people marketing competing products) start spreading rumors about how bad something is, the myth will persist regardless of the utter lack of science and evidence supporting it
>>
>>7255655
Uhh, about 1% of the population legitimately has a gluten sensitivity, and GMO is as much about corporate abuses as it is about food safety. These things aren't "myths' regardless of what penn & teller told you
>>
What's on the plate besides pickles and onions?
>>
>>7255669
>GMO is as much about corporate abuses as it is about food safety.
no it isn't
>>
>>7255673
cured fat called salo, i think
>>
>>7255673
Probably salo. But don't focus on the plate focus on MUH GUN

Remember if I whip out my gun in public and people react unfavorably it's because their libruls who are afraid of an inanimate tool. Definitely not because I am an unhinged batshit crazy sovereign citizen nutjob who legitimately believes chemtrails are controlling my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

typical gun nut
>>
>>7255669
>about 1% of the population legitimately has a gluten sensitivity
Sure, but there are a fucking lot of people who are not celiacs and think avoiding gluten is beneficial to normal people
>and GMO is as much about corporate abuses as it is about food safety
Yeah, all those mythical corporate abuses and damn college professors creating dangerous GMO strains
>These things aren't "myths' regardless of what penn & teller told you
Kind of a dated reference, but they certainly are myths. Its things people who prefer to listen to Jenny McCarthy, Food Babe and Dr. Oz over actual scientists
>>
I use MSG sparingly, normally in vegetarian dishes.

I can't go heavy on the salt due to blood pressure and MSG seems to make it slightly worse but I assume a good portion of that is placebo.
>>
>>7255681
>>7255683
Interesting. I kinda want to try it now.
>>
>>7255685
1% of the population translates to over 3 million americans, which is more than the number of americans with AIDS

I thought you just said they CERTAINLY are myths

Just shut the fuck up, just because some hippies think gluten is poison doesn't mean you have a point
>>
>>7255683

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>7255643
Have you never seen that photo before?
Is this your first day on /ck/?
>>
my friend actually believes that msg goes into your blood stream, crosses the blood brain barrier, and tenderizes your brain

.. which makes you crave more of it
>>
>>7255709
>1% of the population translates to over 3 million americans, which is more than the number of americans with AIDS
Thats entirely unrelated to what I said

The myth is that gluten is bad for normal people. Something a lot of women especially believe. I clearly was not saying Celiacs are a myth.
Of the Americans who have convinced themselves they are intolerant of gluten, 86% are not actual celiacs and can tolerate it just fine
>>
>>7255826
86% of 1% of the population? That sounds like Anchor Man - 60% of the time it works everytime.
>>
>>7255861
Um, no. About 0.8% of americans are Celiacs, but 30% of Americans believe it is beneficial for them to stop eating gluten. (I actually misread my initial source, the percent of people who think they should avoid gluten yet are not actually intolerant to it is actually quite a bit larger than 86%) This is a ridiculous scenario that marketers are actively making worse. You see all the time now labels for things that wouldn't plausibly have gluten, like raw fucking meat, now advertising themselves as gluten free
>>
>>7255797
now that we're on the topic of the picture, what exactly is that sliced stuff on the upper left portion of the plate?
>>
>>7255885
It's cured pig fat.
>>
My grandparents were told by a doctor to use MSG instead of salt because they had high blood pressure. They did tend to eat a shitload of salty foods so their blood pressure actually went down to safe levels for 2 people who are old as fuck.

My GF always says that MSG gives her migraines. I claimed the local chinese takeout was MSG free when you can clearly see giant tubs of the stuff in the restaurant they use in the food. Guess what, no migraines. It's a fucking placebo effect.
>>
You should use Ajinomoto MSG if you're going to use MSG.

It doesn't have that tell-tale aftertaste from MSG by-products.
>>
>>7255674
it's definitely the only reason I care
I'm all for eating modified food but the patent laws surrounding that shit are an abomination
>>
>>7255655
I'm one of the few people in the world with a genetic sensitivity to aspartame, I can't drink or eat anything with aspartame in large amounts. If I do I get huge migraines. For example if I drink 2 diet soda bottles my head gets foggy and if I continue it triggers a migraine.

There's been research done regarding this and linking aspartame to migraines in some people.
It's far from myth, just not very common.
>>
>>7255683
Shut up you pussified cuck.
>>
>>7256391
Sure, a 0.x percentile of people have an intolerance to something the rest of us can eat just fine. The trouble here is when some asshole blows things out of proportion and something is branded as the worst thing to happen to mankind. Try fucking living with my mother's side of the family - all a bunch of pseudo-scientific antivaxxers, who will stop eating a certain food or a compound at the drop of a hat just because they read somewhere that it is bad for you. Aspartame, MSG, gluten, the whole shebang. My grandmother even raves about eggs being bad for your cholesterol from time to time before someone reigns her in.

Even "E's", something americucks wouldn't be familiar with. It stands for Yurop's nomenclature for compounds that are allowed in cooking, most of which are, of course, naturally occurring in food anyway, but morons regard them as legal poisons for some reasons.

>Anon, look at how many E's this food product has! It MUST be bad for you

Yeah, fuck you, grandma. Even plain old apples contain E's because that's how it works.

>But Anon, it's different when it occurs naturally instead of being added in a laboratory!!!

I just hate food myths and the people who perpetuate them.
>>
>>7255643
kill yourself
>>
>>7256391
Don't worry, things are looking up. Some companies are removing aspartame from their diet soda, like diet pepsi.
>>
>>7255826
>I clearly was not saying Celiacs are a myth.

Your actual words:

>MSG is like vaccines, GMOs, gluten, aspartame etc. Once a few crazy people (or just as often people marketing competing products) start spreading rumors about how bad something is, the myth will persist regardless of the utter lack of science and evidence supporting it
>>
>>7255632
Hey, that used to be my desktop background. If you saved it from a comfort food thread, I probably posted it.

But to address your OP, I'm also glad to see that people are waking up to the fact that MSG is just a different type of salt that brings out different tastes than sodium chloride, and it doesn't give you headaches. I've seen people say they can't handles MSG, and then drown their food in soy sauce. It's all bullshit.
>>
>>7255674
It is for rational people who celebrate scientific advancement but are skeptical of the corporate interests behind them.

Another example: I like guns, but I don't like when gun manufacturers sell their guns to third world militia groups/rape gangs. Not everything is as simple as "this thing good, this thing bad, me fight you over it"
>>
>>7255877
Low quality shitmeat often has "enhancements" done, usually involving a vegetable protein injection among other things. Since gluten is a vegetable protein (see: seitan) it's not as unreasonable as you think. It's very rare to use anything other than soy, but if you have a medical condition you probably don't want to take any chances. You're as irrational as the antivaxer crowd, meat is not "just meat" unless you butchered the animal yourself or are reasonably selective about where you buy from.
>>
>>7257328
I gave your mother a protein injection.
>>
>>7257328
Gluten is not a vegetable protein lol
>>
>>7258028
Sure, and celiac isn't a reaction to gluten either. It's a reaction to a component of gluten. Your pedantry doesn't really get you anywhere though.
>>
>>7258028
Wheat is a vegetable
>>
>>7255683
That picture is older than you are.
"Whipping out your gun in public", when not done in the immediate defense of your life or the life of others, is an offense in most cases. Open Carry is allowed in the best of places, though.
Talk about the "food" in the picture, it's /ck/ you utterly pussified asshole.
>>
>>7255683
>I'm scared! Save me from the scaries government!
>>
>>7258391
It was taken with a digital camera you credulous fool.

I'm sure the cops find it heroic when you defend your right to bear arms in the local Starbucks. Thanks for standing up for the only part of the Constitution you've actually read!
>>
>>7258433
Is this you?
Be honest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmI-hGthrwA
>>
>>7256829
Dumb dumb
>>
>>7258229
Not really
>>
>wife is japanese
>always uses MSG because her family always uses MSG because everybody in japan uses MSG
>people tell me MSG is bad for me
>they say this whilst holding a 60oz cancer fuel

MSG is terribly for you desu, everybody in japan is an obese, disease ridden husk that is about to collapse for malnutrition and aids
>>
>>7255641
Add some to your salt shaker
>>
>>7258464
No, unlike you I don't get gigatriggered when I see a minority so I can go outside unarmed without having a complete mental breakdown.
>>
>>7258433
By "older than you" I was implying you're not old enough to use this site, not that it was chiseled into an obelisk in Ancient Egypt.

The starbucks bit was cute, though. Keep trying, eventually you'll be able to grab all the guns, then you can ethnically cleanse all the mean white men and live in a literal utopia.
>>
>>7256829
So how exactly did you interpret that as me saying Celiacs wasn't a thing?

There is a persistent myth that gluten is bad for people in general, and additionally a fucking lot of people who can tolerate gluten just fine have convinced themselves they are gluten sensitive. This is entirely unrelated to the rare celiacs cases
>>
File: future.jpg (53KB, 550x665px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
53KB, 550x665px
>>7258929
>then you can ethnically cleanse all the mean white men and live in a literal utopia
You misspelled "liberal utopia." And don't worry we're coming for the "nice guys" too. It's not your attitude, it's the color of your skin that makes you guilty for slavery and yadda yadda. Time Magazine was right.
>>
>>7258934
Your statement that equated gluten avoidance with the anti-vaccine movement.

So either 0% of people who avoid gluten have a legitimate medical condition, or 1% of children who get vaccinated develop autism. Which of those were you saying was true?
>>
>>7258929
Not that guy but why are you conflating the right to bear arms to white "genocide"?

Do guns only protect white people. Or is it because you, like every other idiot, don't care about the merits of the argument but only if the argument is for "your" side or against it.
>>
>>7258952
What an absurd interpretation of my post
>>
I use sazon packets when I'm making Puerto Rican food and don't have any achiote oil on hand. Those usually have MSG.
>>
>>7258957
Your actual words
>>7255655
>MSG is like vaccines, GMOs, gluten, aspartame etc. Once a few crazy people (or just as often people marketing competing products) start spreading rumors about how bad something is, the myth will persist regardless of the utter lack of science and evidence supporting it
>>
>>7255632
No.
"Umami" (what a horseshit concept) should be brought about through cooking techniques, not additives.
It's the food colouring of tastes, like lard and caramel.
>>
>>7258968
Seriously, please explain how you think that is me saying celiacs doesn't exist?

People with phenylketonuria can have aspartame, but that doesn't make the modern myth that it is bad for people in general any less real
Likewise people with compromised immune systems cannot be vaccinated safely (which is part of why it is so important that everyone who can be safely vaccinated is)

I really do not get where you are coming from
>>
>>7258988
>"Umami" (what a horseshit concept)
its no more horseshit a concept than "salty"
>should be brought about through cooking techniques, not additives
Why? Who cares how a flavor is derived as long as it taste good and is not literally poisonous
>>
>>7258999
Celiac, phenylketonuria, and other medical conditions are significant from a public health perspective. Peanut allergies too. These are things that affect a small % of the population but the numbers add up to millions on a national level. More than a lot of things that you probably worry about on a daily basis, like the nonexistent soccer moms you think are going to steal your precious video games you spend 100+ hours a week on.

By contrast, there is ZERO link between vaccines and autism. ZERO. The whole thing is a fantasy perpetuated by crazy people.

You basically said a known, scientifically accepted gastric disorder is "unscientific" because some people with a completely unrelated mental disorder have latched onto the same stuff that causes a problem for people with the real condition. You are abusing the word "science" to push your shitty rhetoric.
>>
>>7259025
I literally did not say any of that
>>
>>7259039
Your exact words:
>>7255655
>>
>>7258988
>additives

I guess you don't use salt or spices either?
>>
>>7259047
break it down man, how did you possibly interpret my statement as saying any of this? >>7259025
>>
>>7259025
So are you really saying the roughly 30% of americans who think they should avoid gluten despite not being Celiacs are unlike anti-vaxxers?
Or the people who think similar things about MSG, GMOs and Aspartame?
>>
>>7255632
I don't eat it because it really dries out my throat later more than others.

It's tasty but not worth it.
>>
>>7259060
Yes. There are a lot of misconceptions about nutrition, some of them more harmless than others. The idea that gluten is bad for you, for instance, isn't terribly harmful. A lot of unhealthy people hear that gluten is bad, maybe they have a friend who has celiac and they think oh maybe I have that too, and they don't think deep enough to actually consider seeing a doctor since medical care is expensive in this country. So instead they cut wheat out of their diet and wow, they lost weight and feel great. They erroneously attribute their change in health to the gluten, rather than the vegetables they weren't eating before that they substituted for all that bread. Who loses? Maybe the wheat industry? Except not really, 10 years from now everyone will have forgotten the anti-gluten fad.

People make half-assed and largely meaningless diet decisions all the time. Some people chug olive oil under the belief that it will make them healthier. Some people think that putting butter in their coffee will make them perform like a C-level executive. Most of the time these people are just thinking "hey why not". They skimmed an article and they thought they'd try it out. And some companies profit off this. There's no real harm, for the most part.

Whereas people making medical conditions on behalf of their kids do not half-ass it. People take their kids very seriously. Nobody says "hey why not, I'll let this doctor try this random injection on my kid that I saw on some blog". They either accept professional medical advice, or they follow crazy conspiracy theories.

This is why people who eat vegan food are considered silly, but people who make their infants eat vegan food are considered criminals.

Do you get the difference?
>>
>>7259120
Note that I was saying the logic between such groups was analogous, not that the harm was equal (though with the case of GMOs, activists have probably killed more people than the anti-vax movement has, though in the case of GMOs its all third world people so no one cares)
>>
>>7259139
>(though with the case of GMOs, activists have probably killed more people than the anti-vax movement has, though in the case of GMOs its all third world people so no one cares)

This is such bullshit, with the amount of effort it would take to replant all of Asia's rice fields with your shitty "golden rice", you could just carpet-bomb the whole continent with vitamin A lollipops and instantly solve childhood blindness for generations.

We have no shortage of food in the developed world and yet look at how many idiots develop gout or diabetes.
>>
>>7259084
>I don't eat it because it really dries out my throat later more than others.
What are you talking about?
>>
>>7259159
You know how some people drink a lot of water or it makes them thirsty after eating msg?

Like that but more.
>>
>>7259166
But why would you eat it? You use it as a seasoning, and not plain by the spoonful.
>>
>>7259158
>with the amount of effort it would take to replant all of Asia's rice fields with your shitty "golden rice"
First, you don't need to replace all of it. The only real effort involved in this is fighting the anti-science activists like greenpeace. It would be a rather simple proposition otherwise
Also, this goes beyond golden rice, GMOs allow us to improve crops to make them grow better in drought conditions, and be resistant to pests, all of which help people in the 3rd world much more than they help us white people

>We have no shortage of food in the developed world and yet look at how many idiots develop gout or diabetes
Yeah, diabetes is caused by a surplus of food, so of course our availability of food hasn't lessened it. Is gout a common thing even?
>>
>>7259139
But the logic isn't analogous. In one case people are trying out a concept that they casually learned about through informal sources. They aren't asking their doctor. They aren't (generally) going around saying science is bullshit. They're just changing around their diet because they "heard somewhere" that gluten is bad. If a medical doctor came up to them and said "let's get you tested, come back in 2 weeks" and in 2 weeks the doctor says "no it's actually fine here are your test results", they would (in almost all cases) accept it and move on.

Whereas anti-vaxxers are taking an affirmative position that vaccines are bad and doctors are wrong. They will, and this is documented, straight up refuse to have their kids vaccinated, directly contradicting medical advice from their physician.

They are not the same at all.
>>
>>7259047
In other words, you have poor reading comprehension skills and are now relying on semantics to argue with someone by telling them they were trying to make a point that they weren't. Gotcha
>>
>>7259204
In all cases, choosing the side of ignorance and misinformation is bad and should not simply be tolerated just because anti-vaxxers do it worse
>>
File: nrrheum.2015.91-f1.jpg (116KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
nrrheum.2015.91-f1.jpg
116KB, 600x360px
>>7259188
>The only real effort involved in this is fighting the anti-science activists like greenpeace
No, you'd also have to convince people for whom rice is an ancient part of their diet, that they should grow your rice instead of the rice they already know everyone wants. Considering that the IRRI uses terminology like "if it is found to be safe", and most countries where rice is big listen to them and not libertarian neckbeards from 4chan, it appears we're nowhere near being at a point where "anti-science greenpeace activists" are the main obstacle.
>Is gout a common thing even?
Only in places where there's too much food. Giving vitamin pills in the form of GMO rice isn't going to solve malnutrition any more than giving buckets of HFCS and hamburger helper to trailer trash will solve malnutrition.
>>
>>7259223
>choosing the side of ignorance and misinformation is bad and should not simply be tolerated
You're being overly dramatic. I don't give a shit who Kendall Jenner hooked up with this weekend and I choose not to click the headline. Yes, I choose to be ignorant on the matter. It doesn't affect me and I prefer to read about other things.

Individuals make thousands of subtle personal decisions every day based on incomplete information, this isn't unscientific, it's called being efficient. If one guy manages to lose weight because he failed to read the part where there is an actual test for celiac disease, he's not a crusading flat-earther, and it very well should be tolerated because it's his personal choice and he's not making anyone sick.
>>
>>7259244
So you are really arguing that giving nutrients to malnourished people is bad?
>>
>>7259265
Sure, that must be it. You're really a sharp one aren't you.
>>
>>7259273
You literally just compared giving poor people nutrient rich, more healthy crops to giving them buckets of sugar
>>
>>7258946
No, I meant exactly what I typed. It'll be great having no worries at all, won't it?
You'll find no "nice guys" here. Only bitter, jaded, paranoid fucks who are tired of being blamed for shit that happened long before their grandparents came to the country.
And time magazine hasn't been relevant in the past two decades.
>>
>>7258956
See >>7258946
>>
>>7259259
The issue is misinformation and its propogation, not the misinformed. I care about it. It's okay, you don't have to.
>>
>>7259281
Yes, I did.

The human body requires a hell of a lot more than what basically amounts to rice with ground up vitamin pills, never mind your laughable claim that exercising reasonable prudence so that irresponsible multinational agribusiness vultures don't run roughshod over the world's most vulnerable people for the benefit of some PR drones is "killing more poor people than the anti-vax movement".

Poor trailer trash in this country get plenty of ground up vitamin pills in their shitty nutrient-enriched bread and vitamin-powder-coated parboiled rice and they still come out all fucked up. The reason is that feeding billions of people on a massive scale is actually kind of hard, and the kind of monoculture-with-multivitamins approach you GMO shills like to push is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing.
>>
>>7259307
>reasonable prudence
All educated people agree we long passed that stage. You are now at the point of unreasonable obstructionism
>>
File: 1424428985500.jpg (42KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1424428985500.jpg
42KB, 454x453px
>>7258988
>he doesn't like lard or caramel
>>
>>7259182
You eat it when u eat the food
>>
>>7259307
It seems like you fundamentally misunderstand the function of vitamins in addition to this >>7259319
There are actual people going blind and dying in SE Asia because of vitamin A deficiency, A problem that can be combated if not solved completely through better crops

Vitamins are not a cure for diabetes, the fact that poor southerners are fat as shit and have high rates of diabetes is entirely unrelated to the effectiveness of vitamins and obviously related to the intake of too many calories
>>
>>7259307
>generalized, angry black-and white thinking
>unironically using the term "shill"
>speaking with an air of unwarranted authority

back to /pol/
>>
>>7259319
Really? All educated people in the world agree that we should just dig up all the rice planted in Asia and replace it with your shitty shill meme rice? Tell that to the stupid uneducated brown scientists in the Philippines who are performing safety studies on your propaganda bullshit to make sure it's ok first.

Oh sorry I thought everyone was racist but you.
>>
>>7259337
You are the one who misunderstands vitamins.

You're going around saying "real smart science is kewl rational atheists like me believe that the only thing standing in the way of Star Trek being real is these dumb brown filipino scientists and the antivax-greenpeace racist conspiracy, us white people know what's best for the brown masses and they should just take whatever we shove down their throats"

I'm merely suggesting that maybe solving food shortages is actually a little more complicated than cherrypicking vitamins from an alphabetical list. Something that seems to escape you monocultists.
>>
>>7259345
>we should just dig up all the rice planted in Asia
What? no, that we should provide seeds of better strains of rice to these people, no need to dig anything up. There is literally less scientific dissent on this subject than there is on fucking climate change. There are no plausible safety concerns and it has been extensively studied
>>
>>7259359
>There are no plausible safety concerns and it has been extensively studied
No
>>
>>7259357
Keep in mind that it is near entirely white people spreading the anti-GMO fearmongering. They would rather see non-white people go blind or die than allow them or us to use advanced technology simply to try and prove a point that was literally disproven 20 years ago
So your whole scientists are all racist angle is exactly backwards
>>
>>7259361
What the fuck more do they need to prove?
>>
>>7259363
>So your whole scientists are all racist angle is exactly backwards
Le I speak on behalf of all science and anyone who disagrees with me is by definition anti-science maymay
>>
>>7259367
Why don't you call them yourself and find out
+63 2 580 5600

Tell them you're a super smart rational atheist and as a white person they can trust you and not their own work
>>
File: Pew.jpg (179KB, 684x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Pew.jpg
179KB, 684x1108px
>>7259368
If you oppose GM foods in 2016 you are definitively anti-science
It is just as bad as anti-vaxxers and climate deniers and young earth creationists as far as believing things that are blatantly false go
>>
>>7259380
>le if you don't throw caution to the wind and adopt my monoculture garbage ur antivaxer soccer mom christfag maymay
I'm literally riding a dinosaur while reading the bible right now, what now atheist?
>>
>>7259388
>all repuatble scientists agree the research is definitive
>opponents do not even have a plausible mechanism by which it would be bad
>choose to be ridiculously cautious because muh feelings, I know more than people who went to college anyways
>>
File: CountriesThatLabel-1024x662.jpg (144KB, 1024x662px) Image search: [Google]
CountriesThatLabel-1024x662.jpg
144KB, 1024x662px
>>7259394
>the only real science is 'murrikin science
>anyone who disagrees with me is unscience and also racist against brown people, especially those brown people who dare question my rational atheist agenda
What you have to understand is that the philippines is a catholic country and therefore it's very likely that some of those so-called "scientists" are actually christfags in disguise.
>>
>>7259388
what do you think of this?
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2015/07/are_gmos_safe_yes_the_case_against_them_is_full_of_fraud_lies_and_errors.html
>>
>>7259419
>slate.com
Yeah no
>>
>>7259417
>>the only real science is 'murrikin science
Science has no borders. Regardless there is no country in the world where the scientific consensus suggests GMOs should be avoided, definitely not the Philippines
>>
>>7259424
you probably prefer infowars
>>
>>7259424
Yeah, Dr. Oz and Jenny McCarthy are much better sources

The previous link is fully sourced, deal with it
>>
>>7259428
You literally just said that they are anti-science moonbats for exercising reasonable due diligence and that you, anonymous of 4chan, know better than the most prestigious rice research institute in the world.

I guess since it's in the developing world, it doesn't count. See also: racism.
>>
>>7259424
I'm ambivalent about Slate. On the one hand, I really like their politics podcast. On the other, their website is fucking shit. Now that I think about it, though, it's the host of Face the Nation who really keeps me coming back to the podcast.
>>
>>7259429
>>7259434
I actually prefer the Holy Bible, godless fool. It doesn't surprise me that you've never read it, otherwise you'd believe in Him.
>>
>>7259417
Are you one of those people who thinks "chinese medicine" is a viable alternative to actual medicine? Pretty cool of you to write off "murrican" or otherwise known as actual science because it is to mainstream for you though. and surely cool pope is in favor of golden rice, so I don't understand why you would think their Catholicism would get in the way. I'm a confirmed catholic myself.
>>
>>7259439
>reasonable due diligence
Repeating this doesn't make it any less false
>>
>>7259450
No, like I said anyone who doesn't believe in Christ our Saviour has no business telling me what to do for our children. I'm not at all surprised that I have to repeat this. Satan is a clever one.
>>
>>7259453
No, it's the brown people that make it false. And the fact that they disagree with you, which makes it false by definition.
>>
>>7259455
But Lord Baby Jesus literally guided scientists' hands in developing golden rice.
>>
>>7259458
But the "brown people" do not disagree with me. Scientists of all colored skin agree GMOs are safe and effective. The only people not in agreement are those uneducated few that were tricked by Greenpeace-esque propaganda, which scientifically literate people are obviously not susceptible to
>>
>>7259459
No, that was Satan, heathen.

In all seriousness though, Cool Pope pretty much agrees with me on GMO, which is that although it is a promising technology, there are legitimate concerns which should not be dismissed like some of the shills in this thread.
>>
>>7259467
Great, now you speak not just on behalf of all "legitimate scientists" everywhere, but also "all educated brown people".

We've got the voice of the people here.
>>
>>7259472
Scientists speak for themselves. You apparently are just ignoring them
>>
>>7259484
I'm actually reading. You're just spouting off your feelings while peppering every feelings diatribe with "lmao science is sooo kewl"
>>
>>7259489
>I'm actually reading
What exactly are you reading that lead you to believe all non-white scientists oppose GMOs, or that suggests GMOs are dangerous at all?
>>
>>7259493
I never said any of that. You are the one making absolute statements like "the only scientists who are real scientists are the ones who agree with me", and throwing around the racism card. Of course when I called you on your bullshit, the goalpost moving began.
>>
>>7259502
thats a funny way to characterize this thread
>>
>>7259502
>"the only scientists who are real scientists are the ones who agree with me"
You got the cause and effect mixed up. I agree with the scientists because they generate evidence and base their stances off of that
>>
>>7259506
> I agree with the scientists
You mean you agree with the Real Legitimate scientists. Not the other ones.
> because they generate evidence
You mean because they agree with you.
>and base their stances off of that
You mean their stance, and their legitimacy as scientists, is defined by having the same ideology as you.

But we've been over this. You know better than the IRRI and they are not Real Scientists because honestly, what the fuck are they trying to prove? They should just burn their luddite fields and replace it with kewl rational atheist rice.
>>
>>7259513
>You mean you agree with the Real Legitimate scientists. Not the other ones.
I agree with the overwhelming scientific consensus. There is no significant dissent amount scientists
>>
>>7259518
But that's what I said. You agree with a "scientific consensus" among "legitimate scientists".

As defined by you. Which happens to exclude certain brown scientists. Because they are christfags.

There is no need to repeat yourself.
>>
>>7259519
>Which happens to exclude certain brown scientists
where are you getting this idea that "brown people" are opposed to modern "murrican" science?

If anything, East Asians and Indians are very overrepresented amongst scientists in America

The dissent against GMOs comes entirely from white people who clearly care more about marketing the organic crop corporations they lobby for that the well being of none white people
>>
>>7259564
I like how you've been btfo but you keep coming back

It's getting late though, you'll have to share your rational skeptic memes with the Aussies now because I'm going to bed
>>
>>7255673
That's pickled herring
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.