[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into Indian food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: Indian-Food.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Indian-Food.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
How do I into Indian food?
>>
Look up good Indian restaurants in your village and try an assortment of dishes?
>>
If it's cheap, opt for fried stuff like samosas, puri, naan, etc.

If it's high quality, opt for the liquid based dishes.

I hope you like spicy food.
>>
>>7254586
Make it yourself, or be prepared to literally eat shit.
>>
>>7254586
Grab everything with your hands and stuff it into you mouth. That's about it.
>>
>>7254586
Look at the cook first, if he (emphasize on HE) looks dirty, then it's probably good.
>>
you go out, buy it, or make it, and then eat it. it isn't hard.
>>
A.) Get it close to wherever you live

B.) Go to India but try not to get food poisoning
>>
>>7254586

Look up the best Indian restaurants near to where you live.
>>
lol at the one mad as fuck faggot who keeps getting his posts deleted. You sir are a shit tier troll.
>>
>>7254586
throw some habib on the ground and eat it off the ground like an animal you piece of shit
>>
You basically boil a shit ton of onions for hours and combine with oils and a ton of spices. Why do you think indians stink so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x4oIVzfQZ4

That guy shows you how it's done the curry takeout/buffet way.
>>
EAT DA POO POO

POO IN LOO
>>
indian foods the best thing ever and now you can't even discuss it on /ck/ without half the posts in your thread being DESIGNATED thanks to some australian with a VPN on /int/
>>
>>7256919
this. fucks me righ off t b h, /pol/ ruin every indian food thread we have
>>
>>7256921
t. pajeet
>>
File: indian swimming in shit.jpg (112KB, 576x396px) Image search: [Google]
indian swimming in shit.jpg
112KB, 576x396px
D E S I G N A T E D
>>
S H I T T I N G
>>
I've probably tried dozens of different "restaurant" style indian dishes, but they never come out even remotely like the good dishes I've had at some nicer Indian restaurants around here. That said, I do enjoy the more authentic recipes a lot as well, but it would be nice to make some good western style Indian food occasionally. I can only assume that I'm doing something wrong and that other factors like the quantity and cooking times used at restaurants differ a lot from what I do at home.
>>
S T R E E T S
>>
File: 121451622135.jpg (37KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
121451622135.jpg
37KB, 540x360px
>he won't eat some of the world's most delicious food because of racism and memes
>>
>>7256954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAoK0CrO-3s
>>
>>7254586
Tell the restaurant you want a poopie for a rupie
>>
>>7256966
What? I was waiting for her to rub shit or something awful onto the old woman.

But no, all of those substances have ancient and scientifically proven therapeutic values. So what's the point of posting this?
>>
>>7256997
>putting curry powder, flour, milk, and turmeric on someone's skin is somehow beneficial

I enjoy Indian food and all, but are you being serious?
>>
http://www.vahrehvah.com/

Pick recipe. Try to source the best ingredients. Obviously easiest if you have an Indian Market near you, but general Asian Markets will have a lot of the same stuff.

Cook

Enjoy
>>
>>7257005
milk baths hav existed for years, turmeric is proven to be good for your skin, flour too. Not sure about curry powder but I'm sure if their culture has been doing it for generations, they know probably something you don't
>>
>>7257029
>but I'm sure if their culture has been doing it for generations, they know probably something you don't
this is a terrible way of thinking
>>
>>7257032
sos writing off something theyve been doing for generations without having done any research into it yourself. in fact theres no thought involved in such an action.
>>
>>7257034
okay, but blindly accepting it is just as bad. doing something bad to counteract something else that's bad makes no sense.
>>
>>7257047
I'm not blindly accepting it, notice the term "not sure" and word "probably". I'm just too lazy to do the research to confirm it for you.
>>
Boil some rice
Take tumeric, curry, cilantro and corriander
Add to rice
Let rest
fry up some chicken with onions, peppers, carrot, broccoli, whatever.
Then add the spiced rice to the chicken and veggies. Fry that shit up for a good bit.

Rustic as fuck biryani chicken
>>
>>7257175
Forgot ginger and garlic in the chicken w/veggies
>>
it's as simple as curry powder and water with ingredients, fry up the vegetables, meaning ABSOLUTELY onions and garlic and whatever else fits, throw in the curry powder by itself with the veges to cook and get flavor in there, then fry the meat until relatively cooked and add some water then let it simmer for a long time.
>>
>>7257029
>their culture has been doing it for generations

Bullshit argument that makes female circumsicion, stoning women for being raped and tons of other retarded shit, a good idea.
>>
>>7257182
You will never get a good curry using a premixed powder.

Curry powder was the invention of some British colonist in India who asked his manservant to mix up a batch of those delicious spices to take home. It's hardly specific to any dish.

Get a "How to make Indian food" type cookbook, and follow the spice instructions for the specific dish.

Fucking britbongs and their thinking "a Curry" is an actual Indian food item. For fuck's sake, I've seen you assholes put raisins in the shit.
>>
>>7257182
This is the worst bait I have ever seen.
>>
>>7256954
>he won't poo even if all the memes are actually real

their "culture" is the kind that NEEDS to be shunned
>>
>>7257182
Hmm, this post is unbelievably retarded, I wonde...
>flavor
Oh, an American.
>>
>>7257191
grasping at straws. these acts don't survive to the modern era because they are reprehensible, not comparable at all to using curry powder as a type of skin treatment.
>>
>>7257201
>Fucking britbongs and their thinking "a Curry" is an actual Indian food item.
You're both an idiot and a liar.
>>
>>7257248
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry_powder

First sentence.

Curry refers to pretty much anything in Indian cuisine prepared in a sauce. Whether it be Korma, a Garam Masala, or a Vindaloo.

Don't spew shit you don't know.
>>
>>7257243
>these acts don't survive to the modern era because they are reprehensible
>don't survive

Have you literally been living under a rock all of your life?
Shit like that happens daily in african/islamic countries. There's even been several group rape cases in India that made worldnews the last couple years.
>>
>>7257278
does this even have to do with using curry powder as skin treatment anymore? what do you get out of spamming this retarded rhetoric? desperately seeking fight on the internet?
>>
>>7257285
that person said to just accept it because it's been done for generations... things like this shouldn't be said and it can have a bigger effect than you realize. he's right for getting angry about this.
>>
Ginger, garlic, yogurt, fresh or dried curry leaf, tumeric and a nice oil like ghee or olive oil, water and tomatoes.

Chicken and veggies that can be cut into thin strips.

Get the ginger and garlic finely chopped or crushed.

Mix everything in a pan. You dont want more than a cup of yogurt per pound of chicken.

When the chicken is fully coated, cook for 20 minutes on medium high heat, stir once every other minute. Half way, add crushed, diced or whatever tomatoes, mostly drained.

Let it simmer another 10-15 minutes.

Boom, "chicken curry"
>>
>>7257285
>moving the goalposts

It was never about skin treatment, it was about "[X] has done [Y] for [LONGTIME] so it cannot be a bad thing" which is a bullshit argument.
>>
>>7257310
I didn't even say accept it. I just told him not to completely write it off without doing his own research. You're acting as if researching >HARMLESS< folk remedies condones female genitalia mutilation. Get out of here with those crocodile tears.
>>
>>7257317
no what you're doing is moving the goalposts or you obviously misunderstood what I was trying to convey by jumping to conclusions
>>
Do indians milk their cows? I thought since they're sacred cannot be touched
>>
File: 094905_laff (1).jpg (21KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
094905_laff (1).jpg
21KB, 265x300px
>>7257342
>All Indians are Hindu
Retard.
>>
>>7257342
The animal providing a gift in the form of milk is why they are sacred.
>>
>>7257320
>You're acting as if researching >HARMLESS< folk remedies condones female genitalia mutilation.
yeah no, i'm saying that telling people "they've done it for a long time so they know something you don't" is a bad thing to say
>>
>>7257342

Of course they do. There's massive amounts of dairy products in Indian cuisine.

>>7257349
Yep.
>>
>>7257363
you're just taking what I said out of context and applying it to entirely different situations

I'm discussing, again, a PHYSICALLY HARMLESS folk remedy, you're turning it into a blanket statement as if I condone every other reprehensible barbaric Iron Age torture practice.
>>
>>7257379
>PHYSICALLY HARMLESS folk remedy

The subject could be juggling with grizzly bears and it would still be irrelevant. The relevant part here is you all but saying "don't question tradition".
>>
>>7257379

It might be PHYSICALLY harmless, but the idea of trusting it is not. It's psychologically harmful.
>>
>>7257407
>>7257411
The Fedoras are strong in this thread. Will you 2 talk about food already?
>>
>>7257201
>>7257224
>>7257236
sorry for living in college and not wanting to have to stock an entire array of spices, I'll stick to my cheap spice mix I got at an indian place that works perfectly fine, at least I cook meals unlike half the threads on this board asking what people's favorite junk food and precooked ramen is.
>>7257269
while curry isn't a dish, a lot of dishes in india that would be considered curry use similar spices to eachother with a few variations or different additions, it's pure autistic semantics to say you can't refer to a cooked meat stew with spices as a curry. "lol did ya know that salsa means sauce in spanish" yes we fucking do, but I'm going to continue to refer to salsa as a tomato based sauce with onions and cilantro and such, that's what people understand and what most people want when they ask for it.
>>
>>7254586
No poo in loo
>>
These are some pretty solid Indian cooking channels.
https://www.youtube.com/user/vahchef
https://www.youtube.com/user/chefharpalsingh
>>
mods are literally the biggest cock sucking faggots in the galaxy holy shit
>>
>>7260586
>mods are literally the biggest cock sucking faggots in the galaxy holy shit
Can you enlighten me as to why? And why are you posting it in this thread that hasn't been bumped in like 12 hours?
>>
1.go to Indian restaraunt
2.Order butter chicken, chicken korma or naan
3.If any of them are bad, it's a shit place, move on to another Indian restaraunt.
>>
If you're interested in making it yourself: It depends on where you live, but if there's any Indian food shops around you can usually pick up a variety of cheap, interesting spices that'll be a good base.

If you want to make takeaway style curry, look up some recipes for a base sauce. It's basically loads of onions and other vegetables slowly simmered with some spices then blended. It's a quick way to add a lot of flavour to a dish.

Be aware that some of their dishes you'd get in a restaurant will use some food colouring so in some cases your recipes won't look so interesting - will taste as good though.
>>
Look up local Indian food restaurants. Try out some of their stuffs. Indian food is vegetarian heaven, literally. Tons of tasty, healthy, and filling food without needing meat. Of course, there are meat-based Indian dishes, but the abundance of vegetarian diets makes it a very vegetarian friendly place. Even people that eat heavy meat food should find Indian foods to be tasty/filling. Just remember to check how spicy they are. There are spiciness level that should be considered.

Also, don't eat Indian food too much as its too fattening. I usually order Indian food 2x a month.
>>
I do love Indian food, but almost all 'Indian' food in the UK is the same oily, heavy, tomato based curries that aren't at all authentic, and 90% of the chefs actually hail from Bangladesh. Would like a chance to try more authentic regional dishes desu.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.