[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite fancy feel good grape juice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: wine-bottle-wine-glass-6.jpg (124KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
wine-bottle-wine-glass-6.jpg
124KB, 550x600px
What's your favorite fancy feel good grape juice?
>>
Haven't there been studies to prove that thees no difference between gold wine and shit wine and its all placebo effect and all wine is essentially reasonably similar?
>>
File: 164522.jpg (88KB, 463x620px) Image search: [Google]
164522.jpg
88KB, 463x620px
I've been drinking a lot of piedmont reds in the last couple of years, but tonight I'm having priorat. It tastes good.
>>
>>7250853
I looked this dumb glass up and this is the top review on Amazon

Fucking hilarious
>>
>>7250868
No, but it has been shown that no one can actively tell the difference between wines and that wine enthusiasts tend to prefer more expensive wine in blind trials.
>>
>>7250868

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my best to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>7250868
no, there hasn't
>>
>>7250918
Hello there, you seem like you're trying very desperately to fit in, great job quoting those barely related memes (despite them actually originating from reddit-- but don't be embarrassed!)

If you'd like to stick around try and relax a little, don't worry about shouting how "in tune" you are with the "hivemind", you're allowed to have your own opinions and we very much encourage you to share them!
>>
Anything from Australia
>>
File: aussie.png (99KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
aussie.png
99KB, 919x737px
>>7250937
Careful not to fall for it
>>
Port and Madeira are my shit.
>>
There's a big difference between shit whine and decent whine.

There's a small difference between good and great wine.

Buy something palatable from Costco or around that price range. Something like Menage, Apothic, etc. buy something decent in that price range in the style you enjoy.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1961x3058px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1961x3058px
>>7250853
Cognac or brandy, you can get a great brandy for under $20 a liter.
>>
>>7250853
Those bottle/glasses look cute and memey until the bottle is half gone, you lean it back to take a drink and the wine splashes out the thin part, splashes in the bowl, and all over your face and shirt
>>
>>7250955
Mollydooker, u little bewdy, great for degreasing the driveway when the Falcons rear main is acting up
>>
>>7251012
are you speaking from experience?
>>
>>7251026
It's pretty obvious just from looking at it
>>
>>7250979
That's not juice though, that's like calling scotch "beer"
>>
File: 178644.jpg (71KB, 339x620px) Image search: [Google]
178644.jpg
71KB, 339x620px
>>
Right now ive been drinking a lot of Simi Alexander's cabernet. I found it at $18. After trying a bottle i picked up a case.

I love it. Good body, strong back but not an overload of tannin.
>>
>>7250927
It's old pasta used when tripfags show up to ruin everything with their attention-whoring bullshit. If you've been here for more than a month you'd have seen it before.

Of course, posting the stale pasta also makes you an attention-whoring faggot, so the best course of action is always to filter the tripfag and not respond to them.

On topic, I prefer plum wines and once got a very good batch of home-made maple sap wine.
>>
File: 02fm0i7scslct_375x500.jpg (45KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
02fm0i7scslct_375x500.jpg
45KB, 375x500px
America makes some really nice wine if you're willing to spend a lot of money, but nothing beats old world for decent wine on the cheap.

Pic related, $9, and that includes whatever it cost to import it and middlemen.
>>
>>7250979
Seconded. If you know where to look, great brandy and cognac can be had for affordable prices.

My choice is Macieiera brandy which is about 17 USD for a 750ml. its the same recipe allowed by the french government to replace french cognac stock after World War 2.
>>
i like red... and dry

i don't really care about much else

i buy local when i can
>>
>>7254554
Petit Verdot is best grape.

How's the maple sap wine?
>>
>>7250868
Yep. You're right on the money. So-called wine experts can't tell the difference between sherry and port.
>>
>>7250853
Franzia or Carlo Rossi

The best are the bottles I get for free, I prefer porto if I'm buying it.

Drier wines if its free, so I suppose effect aside I like dry wines but I'd stick with cheap hooch to fulfill my needs
>>
File: Beneventano-Aglianico-Epicuro.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Beneventano-Aglianico-Epicuro.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
4.99 at trader joe's, pretty good stuff to me

epicuro also has other good ones for the same price
>>
File: menage-a-trois-red-table-wine.jpg (552KB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
menage-a-trois-red-table-wine.jpg
552KB, 1350x1800px
Fuck you. I like it.
>>
>>7255934
Yeah I'm sure they have a lot of trouble distinguishing fino sherry and port.
>>
>>7256160
As I'm sure you do. I bet you'd claim a tawny was an amontillado.
>>
File: brown bros dolcetto syrah.jpg (39KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
brown bros dolcetto syrah.jpg
39KB, 375x500px
Inexpensive and just the right level of sweet.
>>
>>7250868

you're basically saying all wine taste the same and no one can tell the difference between them and that's isn't true in the least. all wines are different and all wines range in quality, whatever you like is usually the "best" wine.

what is true is not being able to taste the price of a wine. inexpensive wines that are left to breathe can be extraordinarily good and even better than some very expensive bottles of wine.
>>
>>7256129
That's a pretty good table wine, family.
>>
>>7256219
Incorrect. All wine does not taste the same. But the experts who claim to have the ability to discern vineyards between the same grape or similar grapes are so full of shit their eyes are brown.
>>
goon
>>
I really want to try an Italian varietal but it's fucking impossible to find in the US

anybody ever had a sangiovese

I bet it tastes interesting.
>>
>>7256257
No fucking shit, that's just pretentious assholes being pretentious assholes and we all knew that already. But I'm still not wrong.
>>
File: Pity-the-dead.jpg (6KB, 160x180px) Image search: [Google]
Pity-the-dead.jpg
6KB, 160x180px
>I couldn't discern milk from orange juice if blindfolded
>therefore no one else can
>therefore all wine tastes the same

You guys are hilarious.
>>
>>7256164
Dude I can make the difference and I'm not an expert or anything, just a sad mess of an alcoholic.
>>
>>7256325
>>7256325
italian wine is pretty easy to get for me, but then again i live in the wine capital of america.

sangiovese is good stuff. the ones i've had were like a light and fruity cabernet, doesn't stick to your tongue and saturate your palate which made it great for drinking with dinner
>>
>>7256164
Top tier reference
>>
A good $8 pinot gris, my friend told me if there's a bird on the label it's a good wine
>>
>>7256578
We're too busy training our sophisticated palates on the finer nuances of crystal brand hot sauce and ok soda to figure out that moscato and champagne taste different

Nice things are a scam
>>
>>7256129

That is disgusting.
>>
>>7256578
>I like to pretend to be able to tell the difference between wines despite many studies showing experts in wine couldn't even manage that
>>
File: avg_midwest_gf.jpg (35KB, 404x402px) Image search: [Google]
avg_midwest_gf.jpg
35KB, 404x402px
>>7258758
>I like to misquote "scientific studies" that were actually practical jokes set up by and for the amusement of trained sommeliers, thus inadvertently becoming the butt of the joke

And yet I bet you think people can tell the difference between Mountain Dew Code Red and Crystal Pepsi even though they can't
>>
>>7256325
>sangiovese
>impossible to find in the US

This is a joke right? Sangiovese is pretty easy to find in this country...I mean for chrissake, Carraba's has it by the glass.
>>
>>7259354
I assume he means sangiovese grown in the US

It's not unheard of but it's not common, let alone good sangiovese

Cosentino CE2V is pretty good if you can get it
>>
>>7258808
>I'm gonna keep pretending so people on an anonymous image board think I'm (I am also anonymous) cool.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.