[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your excuse for not consuming the purest salt on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: pinksaltb.jpg (3MB, 2576x2340px) Image search: [Google]
pinksaltb.jpg
3MB, 2576x2340px
What's your excuse for not consuming the purest salt on earth? Here's the list of minerals in Pink Himalayan Salt

actinium, aluminum, antimony, arsenic, astatine, barium, beryllium, bismuth, boron, bromine, cadmium, calcium, carbon, cerium, cesium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, dysprosium, erbium, europium, fluorine, francium, gadolinium, gallium, germanium, GOLD, hafnium, holmium, hydrogen, indium, iodine, iridium, iron, lanthanum, lead, lithium, lutetium, magnesium, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, neodymium, neptunium, nickel, niobium, nitrogen, osmium, oxygen, palladium, phosphorus, platinum, plutonium, polonium, potassium, praseodymium, protactinium, radium, rhenium, rhodium, rubidium, ruthenium, samarium, scandium, selenium, silicon, silver, sodium, strontium, sulfur, tantalum, tellurium, terbium, thallium, thorium, thulium, tin, titanium, uranium, vanadium, wolfram, yttrium, ytterbium, zinc and zirconium.

Are you plebs still using table salt? haha enjoy your useless salt. I'll be here consuming literal GOLD and SILVER
>>
Not to mention 3 dozen poisons and radioactive elements... enjoy!
>>
File: salt.jpg (26KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
26KB, 500x441px
I honestly can't believe in 2016 this bullshit exists. You have to a bluepilled retard to use refined table salt.
>>
>>7250818
Are you retarded? they are extremely trace amounts. Not enough to poison you.
>>
>>7250818
Iodine (which pink salt is high in) is fantastic at protecting from radiation
>>
I prefer bath salts.
>>
>>7250838
lol
>>
>>7250802
>product of Pakistan
Gonna have to report you for this, Achmed.
>>
isn't most pink salt you get from supermarkets cut with regular salt though?
>>
>>7250802
Enjoy your cancer
>>
>>7251272

hahahahaha
>>
File: maldon-2.jpg (23KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
maldon-2.jpg
23KB, 196x250px
>>7250802
>>
>>7250802
>the purest salt on earth
If it were pure wouldn't it just be NaCl? rather than being loaded with impurities?
>>
File: saltblock11.jpg (144KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
saltblock11.jpg
144KB, 500x505px
>>7250802
>mfw I remember the shit posting days of the Pink Himalayan salt slab
>>
>>7251272

/ck/ - failing to recognise jokes
>>
>>7250802
most of that stuff is not good for you
>>
Memes aside is there a healthiest salt?
>>
>>7251342
MSG
>>
>>7250802
>Trader Joe's

I've never been in a store where I wanted less things
>>
>>7251342
Best off with regular iodized salt
There is little difference with most meme salts, but you get trace amounts of all sorts of heavy metals with most of them, and dietary sources of iodine are not very common its best to go with the iodized stuff as your body needs some
>>
>>7251342
As long as it has iodine. I'm not aware of any other mineral that is not otherwise easily obtained.
>>
But I do use Himalayan salt, it tastes better.
>>
>>7250802
i dont think you understand what "pure" means
>>
File: 81BowdbccGL._SY679_.jpg (55KB, 359x679px) Image search: [Google]
81BowdbccGL._SY679_.jpg
55KB, 359x679px
People who buy Himalayan salt get ripped off so bad. They pay 5+ dollars for a fancy jar when you can get a whole bag of it for much less at a south Asian store.

Pic related, $3.

They also put all of this "this salt is 10000000 years old" bullshit on them. Because sea salt was created yesterday.
>>
>>7251361
>As long as it has iodine. I'm not aware of any other mineral that is not otherwise easily obtained.
Iodine is easily obtained. It was added to salt to handle what was more of a olden times problem. Fish eating was not common unless you lived on the coast and could actually get it fresh. We have ice now, shipping that takes literal hours by plane or refrigerated truck.

A lack of iodine in the diet results in goiter in the thyroid, but also contributed to retardation (low IQ) regions of the country that lived far from the ocean. Guess they didn't like canned sardines or something :P
>>
>>7251372
you can get stuff like what's in the OP in nearly every supermarket for well under 5 dollars. I prefer the built in grinders too because you can control the grain size really easily.
>>
>>7251387
Yeah, I just wasn't counting seafood as easy obtainability. It's not a regular part of most diets, and many people don't like to eat it at all.
>>
>>7251387
Iodized salt costs the same, an tastes the same, and it is potentially better for your health even if its not necessary in most circumstances. Though if you have thyroid issues you might want to go with the stuff without iodide
>>
>>7251372
Yup. I got a 1kg (2.2lb) bag of solar sal for $3. I was really gassed when I found it. Before I ws paying almost $5 for 1lb.
>>
>>7251306
Return the slab, or suffer my curse
>>
I bought a pink salt lamp once for a present. Also srs what are some good salts to try? I want to try that lava salt
>>
>>7251710
Just play around with different types. Even the expensive stuff is affordable unless you overuse salt. The important thing to remember that the effect on taste comes from the method of crystallization. Different crystals dissolve differently on the tongue. If you're dissolving it in liquid before it even reaches your tongue, you might as well be using the cheap stuff as far as flavor is concerned.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.