[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good Avocado recipes? Never had one before and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: avocado-heart-400x400.jpg (111KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
avocado-heart-400x400.jpg
111KB, 400x400px
What are some good Avocado recipes?
Never had one before and thinking about buying some later today
>>
File: mpw.png (120KB, 241x287px) Image search: [Google]
mpw.png
120KB, 241x287px
>>7248884
> guacamole
> take a ripe avocado
> cut it around like in picrelated
> take out the meat with a spoon
> mash it with a fork in a bowl
> in the same bowl also put:
> brunoised onions and tomatoes
> cilantro chiffonnade
> a Knorr Garlic MiniCube (tm)
> lime juice
then throw the whole fucking vomit-like thing away and go make yourself tzatziki
>>
>>7248950
That recipe could use a bit of sour cream.
>>
>>7248950
guacamole is shit without salt and pepper senpai
>>
>>7249027
Knorr Homestyle Stock PotsĀ® have a better flavor than salt and pepper. You should try it.
>>
>>7248884
>avocado
>shit load of garlic
>salt + pepper
>fresh basil leaves
>blend that shit up
>spaghetti
>mix together and add tomatoes
>cheese

can add chicken if you like killing things, enjoy
>>
>>7249022
or mayo
>>
>>7249072
>add chicken if you like killing things
>suggests cheese.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
>>
>>7249072
>>7248950
thanks, will try them both
>>
>>7248884
>What are some good Avocado recipes?
>Never had one before and thinking about buying some later today
If I was new to avocadoes, I'd slice them on a sandwich like a juicy turkey burger, along with bacon and swiss, or add them to any kind of turkey sub, club or another favorite burger.

The trick is that they must be ripe. Also, buy Hass avocadoes which are richer and more buttery than the other kinds. Simple squeeze of lime, some sliced onion, and maybe salt and pepper and olive oil is how caribbean people enjoy them, marinated a bit in the fridge or room temp, and served as a basic side dish. Guac is great too, but get some really nice chips like Xochitl or bake your own.

Anything mayo-based can take some avocadoes throw in too. So all kinds of pasta salads, dips, salad dressings and more. Great stuffed with seafood or chicken salads.
>>
>>7248884
>thinking about buying some later today
Be patient, anon. Wait, check tomorrow, wait, check again....do NOT rush your recipe plan until the actual moment they're ripe enough. Underripe avocadoes are blander and bitter. Ripe are sweet, soft textured and richly buttery.
Looking for give when you press it, a stem that falls out, maybe darkened peel, but not real bruises or rotten areas. When you open it, scrape away any bruises. If you can't slice it in the peel, or easily scoop with a spoon, it wasn't ripe. Add a ton of hot sauce and lime to make it more palatable, but don't give up on liking avocadoes from one bad experience.
>>
File: jebs guac.png (142KB, 789x562px) Image search: [Google]
jebs guac.png
142KB, 789x562px
>>
Am I the only one surprised that theIr are adults who can afford internet access who have never bought one before?
>>
>>7249057

that stopped being funny the second time you used it
>>
File: 7nYGsPc.jpg (326KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
7nYGsPc.jpg
326KB, 1200x1600px
>>7248950
Like this?
>>
Salt and pepper, and a decent quality, ripe avocado.
>>
>>7249072
Check your human privilege, shit lord
>>
>>7248884
My mother introduced me to avocado when I was I kid by simply giving me half of it, sprinkling a bit of salt and brown sugar on top, and a spritz of lemon. I didn't like it, so she did this next:

- whip heavy cream and powdered sugar
- fold in mashed avocado (I prefer having chunky bits, but mash em to hell or just blend if you prefer)
- stir in other flavorings you want (vanilla, lemon juice, and honey work great)
- freeze the entire thing

There, avocado "ice cream". Still one of my favorite things ever.
>>
Surprised nobody has said,
Bacon and avocado sandwiche with BBQ sauce and Mayo,
Live off this
>>
I'd eat avocado every other day if they were cheaper.
>>
>>7252299
Avocados are cheap as fuck senpai
>>
>>7252318
Not here.
>>
>>7252338
Sucks man, I usually have at least half an avocado a day, sliced up thin with my eggs, or chunked with tomato wedges and a bit of salt and pepper. I get a bag of 6 organic avocados for $5.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.