[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best hot dogs to get?Are these healthier than regular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (151KB, 855x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 855x575px
What are the best hot dogs to get?Are these healthier than regular hot dogs, or am I being scammed?
>>
they are decent quality and cost, (when on sale) Cant go wrong with 100% beef

A better option would be to replace your hotdogs with homemade sausages.
>>
>>7246031

I find all beef hotdogs to be kinda bland. Hotdogs with some pork taste better.

As for those hotdogs being healthier? I don't think so. Just look at that sodium content.
>>
>>7246031
>healthy hot dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLpSY5w6u0
>>
File: japandog.jpg (124KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
japandog.jpg
124KB, 800x532px
>>7246031
the main problem with hot dogs is that they are full of fat. thats how good susages are made and why your burger tastes soft but grainy, and a hot dog tastes smooth but more consise.

Hebrew made some half fat and 98% fat free dogs before, and there is a remarkable difference in texture and taste. but if you are like me and are a little slut adicted to dogs then theyre a healthier alternative. as for the kind you posted, theyre just dogs that don't have shit like sugar added. the no artifical colors is good but the real problem with processed meats is the sodium nitrate, which is why you heard about processed meats causing cancer.

there are some dogs that have no nitrates added but instead use nitrates found in celery or whatever. I have a hard time believing without evidence to go with it that the stuff from celery would be any better for you.

either way, get rid of the fat and you should be eating a healthier dog, assuming they weren't discontinued.
>>
File: ball-park-franks.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ball-park-franks.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
I like the old style franks, you know with miscellaneous turkey, pork, and beef.
>>
>>7246046
this anon speak empirical truths
>>
>>7246031
When you've made the decision to eat hot dogs worrying about what's healthy seems silly. Kosher dogs are all beef, and the classic NYC style is usually flavored with garlic and paprika. Chicago style are usually juicier, but less garlicky. The ones with natural casings are the best, but skinless is usually what you find in the grocery store.

Decent quality hot dogs made from a mix of meats can be good, too, but the vast majority of them are poor quality. Finding good ones usually means finding some small place that takes pride in making their own. But even poor quality hot dogs can taste good, as a Coney in Michigan proves. Hell, I've had delicious Latino style dogs with all kinds of crazy toppings built around the cheapest possible chicken franks.

The best hot dog I've ever had in my life was in Denmark, and it was 100% pork.

Overall 100% beef and a kosher certification does not make a better hot dog, but if your other options are Oscar Meyer or some economy brand I'd go with the kosher ones. And while hot dogs can be occasional indulgences in an overall healthy pattern of eating there's really no way they can be considered a healthy food.
>>
>>7246046
>fat isn't healthy
yes it is
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7246031
senpai
>>
>>7246247
>senpai
faggot.
>>
File: penis.gif (898KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
penis.gif
898KB, 540x400px
>>7246271
>>
>>7246102
how much fat do you think you need chucklefuck? hot dogs are litterally 60% fat most of the time.
sometimes even more, just look at the package

do you really think people sit down to one of these things and call it good? people eat 2-4 of them in a go depending on how big and whats on em. you may as well take the chunk of fat tip they cut off of a prime rib and eat it.
>>
>>7246247
hot dog slut here. those dogs do not look seared kohai. if you truly want the hot dog Rosario you'll have to straighten up and dress a presentable dog.
>>
>>7246378
I assume you mean by calorie, not by weight, and will reply as such.

And buns are 90% carbs. And relish/ketchup/mustard mostly carbs. That soda you drink with it? 100% carbs. Those chips? 50% carbs.

With the average hotdog meal, less than a quarter of your calories will come from fat. If you go with the 97% fat free ones, less than 10% of your calories will be from fat, and almost all of that from the chips.

Most guidelines suggest 20-30% of your calories should come from fat. Which means that the full fat dogs are part of a healthy diet, the low fat dogs are not.
>>
File: zeiglerdog.JPG.jpg (23KB, 320x280px) Image search: [Google]
zeiglerdog.JPG.jpg
23KB, 320x280px
>>7246031
>eating jewdogs

Nah mate you're being scammed. Get you some of picture related. I put these in a pan of water for 10mins and they doubled in size
>>
>>7246031
>Hebrew

You're being scammed.
>>
>>7247150
>boiling a hotdog

Excuse me while I puke and shit at the same time
>>
>>7247150
>boiling hot dogs
>implying doubling in size is a good thing
i'm fuckin triggered
>>
>>7247583
You don't water dog?
>>
>>7247583
No boiling. Just in a pot of lukewarm water for 10 minutes an la you've got a tasty dog
>>
>>7246046
/fit/ here, fats are healthier than carbs m8.
>>
>>7248433

>health and fitness board
>either looking for the best way to get fat or the best way to be anorexic
>call it "bulking" and "cutting" while shooting shark hormones into their scrotum
>>
>>7246031
They are the best brand sold around here in normal supermarkets. They get blown the fuck out by any decent butcher or homemade though.
>>
File: famousfoods-store_2270_3677307.jpg (43KB, 404x350px) Image search: [Google]
famousfoods-store_2270_3677307.jpg
43KB, 404x350px
How many people actually live in a place where there is a local/regional brand?

I lived in RI for a few years and pic related seemed to be the pride of the locals (and I bought them every time, because they were ridiculously good, and I knew that as soon as I moved away I'd never have them again).
>>
File: 458733333.jpg (45KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
458733333.jpg
45KB, 380x380px
People buy these around WNY. Good quality, natural casing so it has a nice snap when you bite in to it. Natural skin gives it a nice crispy texture when you grill or pan fry it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.