[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey I don't watch a lot of cooking stuff or cook a lot on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: handsoap.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
handsoap.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
Hey I don't watch a lot of cooking stuff or cook a lot on my own, but I've got a cleanliness question.

You'll see chefs in shows, like the old Emeril Lagasse on live shows or even the heavily edited Rachel Ray ones, switch between touching raw meat (chicken, pork) and grabbing other containers, seasonings, whatever. Pushing raw meat off a chopping board with their hand and then grabbing the handle to the pan or pot. That kinda stuff.

I can see you doing that in your own home if you're a filthy pile of something distuging, but in cases like Emeril, isn't he cross-contaminating a lot of things by always just wiping his hands "clean" on his towel he keeps on his shoulder? He never actually washes his hands. Then he FEEDS that stuff to people on the show.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm always trying my best to keep my hands clean after touching something like raw chicken.
>>
>>7245656
I've thought about his too. I've seen every episode of Good Eats a million times and AB constantly touts cleanliness but he cross contaminates A LOT. I suspect it's the fault of trying to cram everything into the show's time. They can't waste 5 min showing them washing hands
>>
>>7245656
yeah, i don't get it either. it's definitely contaminating everything, and i guess they do it to save time, but it's a bad habit that people will pick up.

you can see martin yan touch raw chicken, wipe it down with a towel, and then basically touch everything within a 5 foot radius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V37Pc45P4HA

auntie fee also did it in her video where she was washing chicken in her sink, she grabbed a bunch of spice containers without washing her hands

a bunch of people get defensive because they probably do the same thing, and they'll say things like "lol you don't want a strong immune system or something, you're so sheltered!"

i think with emeril, he probably had separate containers of food that's already been prepared so there's no contamination, but it's still not good to do that on a tv show with people watching who will try to imitate him.
>>
>>7245656
I imagine most of the washing and other "boring" part of cooking is left out of the show to make it shorter and more emtertaining.
>>
You are all retarded.
>>
>>7245673
okay. why is washing your hands bad?
>>
It's the pepper mills that really get to me.
They cram the whole thing up a raw chicken's arse and then just put it back on the counter.
>>
>>7245668
>auntie fee also did it in her video where she was washing chicken in her sink, she grabbed a bunch of spice containers without washing her hands
I love that video. Makin sauce in the sink.
>>
>>7245675
That and grabbing the fridge door handle
>>
>>7245656

Cherry blossom? How can you stand that smell in kitchen? It's fucking disgusting.
>>
I honestly can't tell if this is a b8 thread or just genuine autism
>>
>>7245689

tryhard bait by our local genuine autist aka village idiot
>>
>>7245689
>>7245691
Why don't you wash your hands after handling raw meat?
>>
>>7245704
>muh cross contamination

Grow a pair of hairy nuts
>>
>>7245718
Do those come with a complimentary day of pissing out your ass?
>>
>>7245720
With gain comes pain

I wouldn't expect your limp wristed faggot ass to understand that though
>>
>>7245729
>>
A quick rinse under warm water is sufficent, lots of people seem to forget just how long it takes bacteria from one surface to transfer to another, so lets say you grab a chicken titty, cut it in half or something and you have the remaining titty juice on your hand, rinsing it off right away is more then enough to stop the spread of germs, no soap required(though obviously everyone does use soap after handling chicken).

I used to work in a fine dining restaurant, on the protein side, I had duck, short rib, elk meatloaf, venison loin, caribou sirloin, ground beef for a burger, cornish hens, foie gras, skate, wall-eye, and dry aged ribeye, I'd only wash my hands when I went to the pit to clean out my cast irons, rubbing that meat juice off on a rag is perfectly fine, doubly so when you're going to apply a hot exterior heat to it immediately after.
>>
File: 1445838120030.png (168KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
1445838120030.png
168KB, 446x357px
>>7245733
>acting like a redditor ironically
>>
>>7245729
So you admit you like to piss diarrhea out your ass. Everything else you have ever said in your miserable life can be safely disregarded.
>>
>>7245735
I hope I never eat where you worked, you disgusting, corner cutting shithead. Lazy son of a bitch. You are going to kill somebody one day and try and pass it off "it's always been fine before!" no, you just got lucky before. God damn you are disgusting.
>>
File: me.gif (42KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
me.gif
42KB, 633x758px
>preparing chicken breast
>take two out the package with bare hands, wrap loosely in cling film, flatten with the bottom of a cup
>season it, whilst touching all the condiments, taps etc
>drip chicken brine everywhere
>finally, the chicken breast is done
>way undercooked
>eat a medium-rare chicken breast because too lazy to cook it again
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.