[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on kobe beef, /ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: 1024px-4_Kobe_Beef,_Kobe_Japan.jpg (125KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-4_Kobe_Beef,_Kobe_Japan.jpg
125KB, 1024x682px
Redpill me on kobe beef, /ck/
>>
Hanwoo>Kobe
>>
It's tasty
>>
Why redpill yourself? It's legit a cut above amerifat cows and britbong moos, and even if you're just having a fucking patty at lest you can do it while looking bourgeois a.f. It's like the red wine of meats.

Unless you can't afford it, then sure, go on, bitch about how it's just a goddamn cow and muh muh muh carcinogens etc.
>>
Could someone explain the marbling to me? It looks so much more dense, as if the fat was veiny and extensive. This runs contrary to American cuts, which for the most part completely lack it.

Is this what makes kobe taste good? The unique distribution of fat?
>>
>>7244129
WILL THE KOBE BEEF MEME EVER END? CAN MASTER WAGYU AND HIS STUDENTS REPEL THE IMPENDING BARNYARD INVASION? DOES OP REALIZE WHAT A CU/CK/ POST THIS IS?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON DRAGONBALL Z !
>>
>>7244165
they feed the cows beer and massage them on the regular. when i die i want to be re-incarnated as a cow on a kobe beef farm.
>>
>>7244129

Wagyu or Kobe beef in Japan is the real deal. It's the very best beef in the world, and possibly the greatest tasting thing known to mankind. The often reaction with trying the real thing in Japan or flown over is to cry its so good.

Here in America Kobe beef is a lie since there is no strict guidlines to what you can call the beef. What we are eating here is typically Wagyu beef, or cows imported here and grown to some of the same standards as in japan. Mostly in Idaho and California. These steaks and beef are definitely a step above USDA prime meat, and do command hefty prices but are still not as good as the ones in Japan.
>>
>>7244398
>FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON DRAGONBALL Z !

I'll give you lelz/10
>>
>>7244129
Insult it on the internet because you are insecure that it doesn't love you.
>>
>>7244129
Meh, too much fat.

I'd sooner take cheap cut of ribeyes.
>>
>>7244159

It's like a good red wine, which is actually good in a blind taste test ... not very much like red wine at all.
>>
>>7245058
>It's the very best beef in the world

meme meat that just tastes of fat.
>>
>>7244415
>when i die i want to be re-incarnated as a cow on a kobe beef farm.
>not wanting to be brought back to life and made immortal by scientists
shiggy diggy
>>
I've had the real deal all Japanese kobe before, and I can say it was the best cut of meat to ever grace my mouth. It is outstandingly delicious as a burger patty too
>>
It's a shit breed that is kept in poor conditions and they have to do all the shit like massages and beer to get it on par with beef you can find in any western supermarket.

Only hipsters like it because of much scarce very cost
>>
KOBE IS BEST

ANGUS A SHIT
>>
beef fat is so bad for you it should be considered a poison.
>>
>>7245592
After I die and am eaten, I'll come back as another human and be immortal this time
>>
>>7245600
I have to disagree on the burger claim. I worked in a restaurant that served kobe beef burgers and I found them to be overly greasy. Not to mention the massive flare ups they caused on the grill.

Now using it for meatloaf, that was awesome.
>>
>>7245688
>implying what you had was actual Japanese Kobe beef
>>
>>7245153
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>7244129
sharing a fiorentina was tastier that wagyu.
>>
>>7245831
Japanese kobe is from australia most of the time
>>
fiorentina (ciannini)>wagyu
>>
>>7245600
>>7245688

I don;t understand the kobe/waygu burger concept.

The steaks are supposed to be amazing because of the fat, not the flavor. But, grind it all up, and then it's just grease. Flavor stays teh same, but it's just a greasy burger.

Right?
>>
>>7245592
Well I've heard about meat labs that'll use stem cells in the future to grow steaks without having to slaughter animals, so...
I guess just hope ascensionism isn't true and they don't clone your cow self, unable to ascend...
>>
>>7245144
>>7245586

"kobe" beef that you buy from albertsons doesn't count

>inb4 "I WENT TO A STEAKHOUSE IN LONG BEACH AND PAID 60 DOLLARS FOR MY T-BONE WAGYU KONICHIWA STEAK IMPORTED FROM KOREA"

not the same stuff that op is talking about
>>
>>7245688
>>7245847

>japanese kobe

we're obviously using the same phrase to refer to different things here

what the grown-ups are talking about is actual japanese kobe beef which would surely NEVER be ground up into hamburger patties (ROFL) and it is one of the most expensive delicacies in the world

you fucking retarded american
>>
someone got me 2 waygu fillet steaks imported from japan for my birthday, with a marble rating of 9 which i read up on and means marbley as fuck. literally the most terrifying food i've ever cooked cos i knew how expensive it was and really really didn't want to fuck it up. tasted amazing t b h
>>
I've had grass fed allegedly wagyu beef in hamburger form up in Montana before. Whether or not it was true wagyu or not it was fucking delicious. The place had an amazing beer selection too.

10/10 would drive 24 hours to Montana to eat there again
>>
>>7246925

They literally call it American Kobe at most places now, and it's just hamburger that is 40/60.
>>
>>7246925
>kobe beef which would surely NEVER be ground up into hamburger patties (ROFL)
no you're wrong lad, i thought the same til i saw a tv show about this. turns out that waygu production in japan creates tons of offcuts because of how perfect everything should look when you're dealing with steaks of such high quality and price. and some enterprising fellow started buying them up, importing them and making patties out of them. they're still expensive compared to normal burgers, and i've never tried one, but they're definitely not the price you'd think for waygu beef. and they definitely exist.
>>
>>7244145
koreaboo no
>>
>>7246936

What part of "Japanese Kobe" confused you? Was it the "Japanese" part? Obviously, if it's from some other country then it's not Japanese Kobe. Although many countries try to bandwagon on the Kobe name by adding [Country] - style Kobe to fool idiots.
>>
File: 4L_drV0bjTu.gif (4KB, 169x94px) Image search: [Google]
4L_drV0bjTu.gif
4KB, 169x94px
Akaushi or nothing bitch
>>
File: Certified_Kobe_Plaque.0.jpg (205KB, 1000x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Certified_Kobe_Plaque.0.jpg
205KB, 1000x1108px
>>7244129
>>7245058
>>7245600
>>7245838
>>7245688
>>7246936
>>7246925
>>7246932
>>7246933
>>7246942
>>7247015
Many American restaurants like to scam customers into thinking they sell real Japanese wagyu so Japan's beef producers created an association to try to prevent the scam from going further.

Here is a list of every American or foreign restaurant or distributor outside of Japan that serves or sells Kobe Beef (and other Japanese beef) and has gotten certified and authorized by Japan's Wagyu Association.

http://www.kobe-niku.jp/shop/?lang=1

Next time, you buy or eat Wagyu, check this list to see if you didn't get scammed or not.

Also, picture related, any meat distributor or restaurant will now be encouraged to display this Japanese certification plaque as proof to customers that they are selling geniune Japanese beef.

If you still don't believe them, Japan has IDed every amount of Japanese Wagyu they sell to other countries in this list so you can check if you aren't getting scammed or not.

http://www.kobe-niku.jp/en/contents/exported/index.php?y=2015

So yeah, hope this post is helpful to people who want to try real Kobe or Japanese beef in the future.

Just bookmark this official Japanese Kobe Beef Marketing & Distribution Promotion Association website and if you ever have the opportunity to try Kobe Beef, check this site to make sure you didn't get scammed.

http://www.kobe-niku.jp/en/top.html
>>
>>7247047
thanks lad
>>
File: 1354738197802.jpg (24KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1354738197802.jpg
24KB, 512x384px
>These fellow Americans are so ignorant they think we actually have genuine Jap beef
>implying it isn't some half breed variant from stolen Jap embryos

Just stop
>>
>>7247116
Is the "fake" kobe beef sold in many places in America of any higher quality than regular beef?
>>
>>7247123
Most places just call it wagyu, which just means Japanese beef, and it is higher quality than American beef. Even inside Japan, An Aussie or American steak at the grocery store goes for about 7-10 bucks where as an equivalent wagyu steak would be atleast double. The grocery store kind is better but not amazingly better. I'd usually buy imports unless I really wanted a nice However actual A5 Kobe or Matsuzaka is in a completely different class and melts in your mouth like butter. Those are nearly impossible to find in the US.
>>
>>7247047
Nice, a location near me serves it.
>>
>>7247180
Japs are generally racist though, it wouldn't be surprising if the price different had nothing to do with quality.
>>
>>7247251
Most people aren't outright racist, although I had to deal with it especially when trying to get housing.

As for the food, domestic is usually more expensive than imported but its normally because the domestic actually is much better quality. Fruit in Japan is amazing and the steaks are better.

I couldn't tell the difference between domestic chicken and Brazilian chicken but those are almost the same in price as are most other foods where the domestic and imported taste about the same, the market sorts these things out. The only time where it doesn't hold true is when the food is imported from China. A lot of people just outright refuse to buy food from China, so things like ginger and garlic despite tasting the same, are much more expensive for the domestic version.
>>
>>7247269
>Fruit in Japan is amazing

Not really, seems to be worse quality than in America from my experience. And domestic meat is more expensive because there's not much room for livestock so they only raise for high quality.
>>
Listen up niggas, I actually sell this shit to chefs. I'll explain it to you.

Wagyu is a breed of cattle with tons of marbling. Kobe is a place they come from that's known for having lots of Wagyu cattle.

The government of Japan regulates the shit out of it to keep the genetics pure and healthy, but also so companies can't undercut each other and denigrate the reputation. To be exported it must be: fed an entirely grain diet, be at least 2 years old, and be sold in a "primal" boneless cut. The most common exports are Ribeye Strip Loin, and Tenderloin. It's rated on a scale of 1-5 on how much intramuscular fat it has (marbling). Some restaurants like to show off the "Certificate" with the cow's age and nose print and name and birthday and horoscope and shit. That is made up bullshit the importer put together in photoshop. The only thing that designates actual for real Wagyu beef is the USDA import stamp on the box that it came in, which was likely thrown away by the distributor before it ever got to the chef.

They don't massage them, and they don't feed them beer. This is a meme and would be too expensive. Part of their feed is usually spent mash from a brewery, which isn't very alcoholic anyways. They are exclusively penned so they can't move around and let their meat get tough.

THAT SAID: there's also wagyu/angus half breeds. I call it "Wangus"! They still have a good marbling gene, but not as much as full bred. Australia, New Zealand, and USA has several farms that do this, and most call it Kobe because they don't give a fuck, but they usually have to call it "Kobe Style". Some places in NZ do a full grass-fed half breed that is really good. Snake River Farms does all grass fed Wangus and they are some of the best cows in the country, IMO.

When you get something called a "Kobe Burger" or a "Kobe Hotdog" or "Kobe Shortrib" that means all of fucking nothing, usually that they used wagyu/angus beef fat or trim in it MAYBE.
>>
>>7247300
Apples and melons are worlds better than anything I've ever had in the US. Grapes taste the same as high quality grapes but they are massive in Japan. The only time I've ever been disappointed with fruit in Japan was when I bought something without looking and then I go back and find that it was imported from some other country.
>>
File: 4L_EcZwl13l.png (514KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
4L_EcZwl13l.png
514KB, 600x459px
>>7247116
Fucking implying bro. Look up Heartbrand Beef and educate yourself
>>
>>7247047
>buy our golden plaque gaijin
>totally not a scam

yeah... You do realize that is a private company, right? People have to pay to be on that list.

Maybe look at the actual governing body that regulates Wagyu IN JAPAN?

http://www.maff.go.jp/e/export/wagyu/
>>
This guy explains it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR6FyQfwynI
>>
>>7247180
Well at least I know I wasn't getting COMPLETELY ripped off when I ordered so called kobe beef from a restaurant.
>>
I have tasted other types of steaks with high marbling, and while they taste good, just imagine normal steak that tastes like it has more fat. Boring answer, but that's just reality.
>>
>>7247381
Are you pretending to be retarded because the link you gave me shows that they use the same ID number system for Japanese wagyu as the link I provided.

https://www.id.nlbc.go.jp/english

With your retarded logic, hotels around the world like Wynn Las Vegas Hotel are getting scammed when that is clearly not the case.
>>
>>7245688

nigga if you can actually make a meat loaf of kobe beef it wasnt fucking kobe beef. no sane restaurant uses ~500 bucks of meat for a single fucking dish.
>>
>>7246030

don't get it either 2bh

obviously itll taste very much different from a burger where you just add grease, since its a different kind of fat

it also melts better

but still, why not just eat it as a steak? that's how youre supposed to do it

burgers gonna burger man
>>
>>7247047

fuck kobe beef, I want that gold fucking cow pedestal for my living room nigga
>>
>>7247300

???? japan has the best fruit in the fucking world nigga
>>
>>7247494
see
>>7246942
>>
>kobe
>not getting superior motobu beef for 1/3 of the price
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.