[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /meaddrinker/ here? No, it's not a "we wuz vikings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 878993.jpg (58KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
878993.jpg
58KB, 600x1200px
Who /meaddrinker/ here?

No, it's not a "we wuz vikings and sheit" thing, though I am Nordic. I just like the taste, unlike a sweet wine it never gets sickly sweet (for obvious reasons the sweetness is more like the difference between honey and sugar in your tea)

The drier variants do very well with hearty meals as well.
>>
Best combo is mead + black tea
>>
Never had one I like
As far as sickly sweet wine goes, look at the acidity level
A quality wine should have enough to offset the RS
>>
>>7242893

... like, mixed, or as accompanied drinks?

>>7242895

Indeed. I mean, the cheapest "dessert" wines aren't even truly wines, they're underfermented to get the sweetness and then alcohol is added to not make it weaker than light beer. Still, the sweetness you get with mead has a different character to it IMO.
>>
>>7242917
Yeah black tea & mead mixed together. Specifically iced black tea.
>>
>>7242922

Hmm, sounds interesting. Any specific combos, like a specific black tea and a specific kind of mead (I'd assume a sweet one would go well with this?). I only have Russian Earl Grey at home, would that suffice for this?
>>
>>7242867
I used to make mead but I joined a brewing group to go in on larger batches but they all like disgustingly sweet shit so I stopped.
They were also all pretty fucking autistic so it was kinda awkward.
>>
I've only ever had viking blod and Kurts apple pie. Mead is way too expensive. Is any of the b Nektar 5% mead any good?
>>
File: 09_02_03.jpg (393KB, 757x555px) Image search: [Google]
09_02_03.jpg
393KB, 757x555px
>I'd be a lot warmer and happier right now with a belly full of mead
>>
> unlike a sweet wine it never gets sickly sweet

That's because you never had a really good one. They're kinda expensive. Just sayin.
>>
>>7242867
I've had some good mead and much more terrible mead. Given how easy it is to get very good beer, wine and brandy where I live I really have no incentive to seek out mead.
>>
>>7242867
Fuck yeah I drink mead

Don't got any pics atm but I have 3 batches just about ready to bottle up. A blackberry vanilla metheglin, a pear, lavender and juniper metheglin which is dry as fuqq, and a supersweet wildflower show mead.
>>
>>7242917
Yeah, or they just add extra sugar that wasn't in the juice to begin with.
>>
>>7243046
For someone who likes to make beer, is mead worth it? It's a lot harder, right?
>>
>>7243149
No, frankly it's a hell of a lot easier than beer imo.
The only cooking you really have to do with mead is tempering it so that the yeast can grow nicely, but even that can be ignored.
I've found mead to be really forgiving too, you can just forget about a batch for a good long while, have it taste like shit, bottle it anyways and sit on it for 2-3 years and come out with ambrosia.
Search up "Joe's Ancient Orange Mead" for a foolproof starter recipe.

But yeah, if you can brew, you're totally ready to maze.
>>
>>7242930
If the mead isn't very sweet you could make the tea in the southern U.S. style (but with less sugar probably)

In terms of specific tea I'd probably use Assam or Darjeeling
>>
>>7243149
It's so much easier, if you're just making for yourself all you really need to do is pick a flavoring and find good quality honey. You'll have people saying you have to boil the honey to properly mix in or sanitize the ingredients, but I've never found it necessary.
>>
I am really not a drinker, but I do enjoy mead. I've always wanted to make my own, but the price of honey discourages me...

I'd sell my left tit for some blackberry mead right now. As it is I have to drive 45 minutes just to find Chaucer's.
>>
>>7243149
>>7243197
>>7243603
Yeah this †bh. Mead is super simple. Don't need to cook shit just mix honey and water and maybe some tea or whatever other shit you want in there, drop in some yeast then leave it for a few years.
Only problem is it takes a lot longer than beer.
>>
>>7243644
>45 minutes for Chaucer's
Ugh pls tell me you don't actually drink that swill. It's not even really mead.
Honey is kind of expensive, but not bad. If you're going for a drier mead 3lbs/gal is plenty.
>>
>>7243644
If you live in the U.S. you can literally go to Walmart and get the ingredients to make a blackberry mead tonight. Honey is expensive, true, but that's the priciest thing you'll have to get.

>box of raisins
>packet of active dry bread yeast
>2 pints of blackberries
>4 pounds of honey for a sweet mead (if you can find large 32oz jars then two of them is all you need)
>lemon juice
>small balloons and duct tape
>jug of spring water
>pour out 3/4ths of the water, reserve in another container
>pour in the honey, blackberries, 25-30 raisins, tbs of lemon juice, mix together
>pitch in your yeast, replace cap and shake vigorously for 5 full minutes
>replace cap with balloon and duct tape to the jug, poking holes in the top of the balloon with a needle
>sit in a dark area, the balloon will fill up within 24 hours

After that just sit and wait for a few weeks until the balloon deflates, then strain the mead from the leftover yeast into wine bottles. It'll technically be drinkable but it won't actually be good until you've let it sit for a few months.
>>
>>7243787
The balloon will still inflate with holes in it?
>>
>>7242867
No, it's cool, mead DOES make my Asian soul feel pretty Viking.

And my lightweight of a lover who likes gummibear cocktails loves it over the fancy shit I drink because, you know, sweet and drinkable. Just like Moscato d'Asti.
>>
>>7243865
Oh yeah, you're only poking holes the size of a sewing needle in the top, and you're only doing 4 or 5. The gases need to escape with little or no air exposure to the mead.
>>
>relating it to vikings
why? The Ancient Greeks drank mead. A fermented honey and rice drink was popular in Asia way before the vikings were a thing. The first evidence of mead being drank in Europe was by the beaker folk, who originated from the Lower Rhine.
>>
i had tej (ethiopian mead)

i thought it wouldn't be good but i loved it..
>>
>>7242867
Mead always gives me hangovers. It's nice from time to time, but I prefer wine.
>>
>>7243149
Nah just mix water with sugar and tequila
>WA LA
>>
>>7242867
>it's not a "we wuz vikings and sheit" thing

yes it is

just admit it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.