[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's you preferred potato cut shape? Round? Rectangular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2446x2965px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2446x2965px
What's you preferred potato cut shape? Round? Rectangular? Hash browns?
>>
cubed.. big cubes
>>
File: TournePotatoes.jpg (13KB, 434x250px) Image search: [Google]
TournePotatoes.jpg
13KB, 434x250px
>>
I love potatoes enough to not care how they are cut or how they are prepared.
>>
Tiny tetrahedra friend in olive oil with tons of garlic seasoning, served with sour creme of course.
>>
>>7242620

not cut at all desu. small potatoes are da bes.

If I have to though I like potato gratiné
>>
Spheres.
>>
File: tetrahedral friend.jpg (97KB, 1300x977px) Image search: [Google]
tetrahedral friend.jpg
97KB, 1300x977px
>>7242657
> tetrahedra friend
>>
Definitely hashbrowns and their equivalent. They're the sausage of the potato world.

Commercially, potato cakes at Arby's, hashbrowns at McDonald's, tater tots (with chili and cheese please!) at Sonic, the tater rounds on the breakfast menus at Chick-fil-A and Burger King...

At home, a box grater and cast iron griddle.

Protip: shred them the night before and soak them in ice water over night in the fridge. That way you can shave quite a bit of time off your cooking in the morning. Use a potato ricer to squeeze out all the liquid.
>>
>>7242737
Hashbrowns always end up tasting so "meh" to me.
>>
>>7242744

Maybe season them next time?

It's not like it's the shape that makes them taste "meh", and if anything you should be frying them in a flavorful fat.
>>
>>7242737

How? Wouldn't this just rice them? Or would you apply only enough pressure to let the water out?
>>
>>7242620
>dragged to restaurant for breakfast
>order hashbrowns
>it's actually fried diced potatoes
Or even worse
>prepackaged molded patties
>>
>>7242981
i didnt come here for nightmares
>>
>>7242620
"steak fries" ? I think. They're thick and rectangular. Not quite the weird crescents you get from KFC
>>
>>7242971
Well, they're not cooked, so it's not going to rice easily if at all. I don't have any trouble with it. Like you implied, just press less if it becomes a problem.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.