[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme? Moka coffee tastes like shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: moka-bialetti.jpg (10KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
moka-bialetti.jpg
10KB, 330x300px
Is this a meme? Moka coffee tastes like shit.
>>
Kale is a meme.

That's all.
>>
it's decent but i prefer a good espresso
>>
File: 1238060906197.jpg (2KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1238060906197.jpg
2KB, 126x126px
Why do Americans pour water into their coffee?
>>
>>7242593
I use blood oil
>>
>>7242575
I like it for coffee at home. If I want a really good espresso I go out for it.
>>
>>7242664

It's nice for making an okay espresso by low-budget home standards.

If you want a real espresso, you need to go out, though.
>>
i have one, i like it, and both my parents can use it with no trouble

objectively, espresso made with a legit $5000 machine by an autist who knows how not to under/overexpress will be better

by which i mean it will have more good chemicals & less bad chemicals, as standardized by a bunch of snobs in lab coats who clearly need their funding to be reevaluated

tl;dr, buy one on craigslist if you want, it impresses girls & has almost no learning curve
>>
>>7242667
>If you want a real espresso, you need to go out, though.
Not true. I have a Gaggia Classic and a burr grinder, and if I buy really good coffee and get the grind just right I can equal what they're pulling at the good coffee shops near me.

But that shit is so fiddly that it's currently not even set up in my kitchen. For day to day use the Bialetti is fine. Moka is nowhere near as good as real espresso, but it's fine for my morning cup.
>>
>>7242575
Yeah it tastes like shit. Slightly better if you add some water but still pretty awful.
I guess it's OK for people who just want their shot of caffeine in the morning.

Aeropress/Hario V60/Chemex taste a lot better imo. They are also a pain in the ass though.
>>
File: 1393178540901.png (41KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1393178540901.png
41KB, 625x626px
>le ebin shitpost
Do we need to have yet another thread about this? Do we need to have this exact conversation in every fucking coffee thread? I thought the consensus was pretty clear
>Makes better "espresso" than most cheap espresso machine
>Not better than a good espresso machine
>Only makes bad coffee if you're an idiot
>>
No, the meme is using pre-heated water because cooked grounds. (Pre-heated water actually makes the water hot enough for a full extraction.)

Maybe you just prefer immersion extractions, OP.
>>
>>7242575
Common mistake is you heated the water too hot
You have to control the heat so that it doesn't get above boiling
And you need to take it off the heat right when you start brewing
>>
>>7242820
>No, the meme is using pre-heated water because cooked grounds
>Pre-heated water actually makes the water hot enough for a full extraction.

I don't get it. Are you saying preheating the water is a good thing or a bad thing?
>>
>>7242829
You've posted this nonsense before, and it remains as true as searing meat to lock in the juices. As in complete bullshit. Water boils at the same temp no matter how much heat you apply to it. And the water reaching the boiling point is what forces it through the puck in a moka pot. This is why the result is never as good as an espresso machine, which uses a pump to force water that's below the boiling point through the coffee.

The fuck up with a moka pot would be to leave it on the heat after all the coffee has reached the top of the thing, so that coffee starts boiling. But there's no way to get a moka pot to work without the water in the bottom reaching the boiling point.
>>
>>7242936
You're wrong
First off. You don't pack a moka pot into a puck
Second, you use steam to create pressure. You don't need to get water to a boil to cause it to steam
>>
>>7242945
>You don't need to get water to a boil to cause it to steam
Yeah, you do. By definition boiling is the phase change from liquid to gas. And it happens at a set temperature called the boiling point. Learn to physics.
>>
>>7242575
Give up OP
No matter what your prefered method of preparing coffee, /ck/ will shit on it.
>>
>>7242933
A good thing. Just the "MUH BURNT GROUNDS" is wrong.
>>
>>7242933
>I don't get it. Are you saying preheating the water is a good thing or a bad thing?

Yes.
>>
Fuck those pieces of shit. Stopped using mine after I picked up a French press.
>Having to use an oven mitt to make your coffee.
>Involuntarily spilling coffee all over your range as you move the pot to pour it.
>Enjoying a shit-juice machine that tells you your coffee is done by burning it and spitting it all over the place.
shiggy-diggy
>>
>>7242792

>Do we need to have yet another thread about this? Do we need to have this exact conversation in every fucking _____ thread?

How long have you been on 4chan?
>>
File: 1420404925629.jpg (49KB, 605x412px) Image search: [Google]
1420404925629.jpg
49KB, 605x412px
>>7243777
But, it's Italian!!!!!
>>
>>7242792
You forgot
>It's authentic, m'lady
>>
>>7243777
>Involuntarily spilling coffee all over your range as you move the pot to pour it.
Maybe you wouldn't spill it so much if you just used the handle like a normal person :^)
>Enjoying a shit-juice machine that tells you your coffee is done by burning it and spitting it all over the place.
Confirmed for having no idea what you're doing and never bothering to learn. By next week you'll probably come here bitching about how French presses are terrible. Just do us all a favor and get a Keurig. You'll be a lot happier.
>>
>>7242957
So you're saying that when you take a shower, and it's full of steam
That's because you're showering yourself in 212 degree water?
>>
>>7243777
They have handles for a reason
Do you have parkinsons or some sort of nerve damage?
You don't burn it if you're competent
And with proper extraction, it doesn't erupt out the spout but more oozes out
>>
>>7244388
No, atomizing liquid at high temperature differentials or under pressure will cause it to vaporize. This is how engines work. But there's no atomizer nor that much pressure in your moka pot. In fact there is no actual vaporization going on in a moka pot. Steam is not being forced through the grounds. Water expanding because it's at the boiling point is what's being forced through the grounds in a moka pot.
>>
File: I make u good coffee.jpg (55KB, 487x396px) Image search: [Google]
I make u good coffee.jpg
55KB, 487x396px
>>7243777
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.