[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am making White Castle sliders for dinner tonight. I made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: Meat.jpg (96KB, 840x560px) Image search: [Google]
Meat.jpg
96KB, 840x560px
I am making White Castle sliders for dinner tonight.

I made them about a month ago and everyone in the family really liked them. They were raving about how good the sliders were.

So I am going to make them for the second time tonight.

Usually I grill our burgers but its Wintertime in Michigan and we cant do any grilling in the winter which sucks.

Sometimes we use a cast iron flat top griddle to grill inside on the gas stove but it makes alot of smoke in the house. So I dont like to do it.

But if I flip over the griddle it has a flat side instead of the bars for grilling. Usually I make Rubens with it and its great.

So I got the idea to make White Castle instead of grilling for the winter.

I made the burgers and I have some chopped onions to steam the burgers on with the griddle.

And I have little buns to eat the sliders with cheese and pickles.
>>
Pls post updates
>>
>chopped onions

Already doing it wrong anon, White Castle use dehydrated onions that have been soaking in water.
>>
>>7242061
The temp hasn't even really dropped yet there has it? You could grill no problem.
>>
File: IMG_5949.jpg (111KB, 444x296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5949.jpg
111KB, 444x296px
>>7242239

Well that is what I meant, I have chopped and dehydrated onions.

I am going to reconstitute them before I put them on the griddle.

I think that is a really authentic way to do it so yes, I am following the dehydrated onion that are chopped like White Castle does.

Right now I have the patties made and they are outside in the cold firming up because I dont have room in the freezer for them.

Its cold enough outside here with snow on the ground.

I used 1 pound of burger meat and rolled it out on wax paper and scored the size of the burgers.

Its really easy to make the 5 holes.

All I did was take a bamboo skewer and used the blunt end to make the little circles.

The sliders steam on the bed of dehydrated chopped onions and the holes help them to cook evenly.
>>
>>7242061
Sounds good anon. Does anyone else mix a bit of ranch in with their hamburger meat when they fry or grill it? Shits delicious.
>>
>>7242061
>Usually I grill our burgers but its Wintertime in Michigan and we cant do any grilling in the winter which sucks.
Yooper here: you are a faggot god
>>
>>7242257
Liquid or powered ranch mix?
>>
Some of the copycat recipes on youtube say to mix Peanut butter in with the hamburger mix and that makes it taste like White Castle.

But I dont do that.

White Castle says their burgers are 100% beef and that they dont add anything.

But on youtube you see lots of people adding french onion soup mix and peanut butter in with their beef.

I dont do that. Instead I just roll out the beef and then season it well with salt before I steam them on the bed of onions.
>>
>>7242279
>But on youtube you see lots of people adding french onion soup mix and peanut butter in with their beef.

that's retarded.
>>
File: 014.jpg (83KB, 586x480px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
83KB, 586x480px
I cant find any slider buns locally, but we can get Hawaiian Dinner rolls and they seem to work well.
>>
>>7242289
Looks delicious
>>
File: 21030.jpg (323KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
21030.jpg
323KB, 2272x1704px
>>
>>7242270
Liquid. Makes it juicier.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>7242298

That looks like a Diner Copycat of White Castle.

They are using thin sliced white onions.

This image is what real white castle looks like.

They use dehydrated chopped onions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSYlFMylrWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqcpw8qcVDQ
>>
>>7242353
well the place is 75 years old
>>
>>7242061
>literally steamed hams
why are these so popular?
>>
>>7242061
White Castle?
Hell's fucking yeah!
>>
>>7242061
I'm in Chicago and I grill year round, you just have to make sure to let it get up to temp.
>>
What makes them slide?
>>
>>7244179
the grease
>>
>>7242298
God that looks great!
One thing I hated about white castles was how the bun always got soggy, I can never get over that. If that weren't an issue it'd be 10/10.
>>
>>7242061
>its Wintertime in Michigan and we cant do any grilling in the winter

faggot.
ITS ALWAYS FUCKING TIME TO GRILL.
>>
Wait I don't understand, why does it get smokey? You're supposed to steam White Castle sliders, and last I checked steam isn't smoke.
>>
I live in Michigan and I grill all year long. Granted, sometimes my lips start to stick to the beer bottle as I'm standing out there in zero degree weather but that just makes drinking and grilling more interesting.
>>
>>7244571

No, usually I grill burgers inside during winter, but this winter I am steaming them instead.

When I grill burgers in the house inside on the cast iron griddle it makes alot of smoke and a smell in the house.

So this year I am switching to making the white castle because you just steam them on a bed of onions, this way I am getting around the smoke problem and still eating burgers during winter.
>>
>>7244164
A few miles north makes quite the difference anon.

It's not like here where it's raining freezing sleet one day and just slighly cold the next
>>
>>7244625
I understand, thanks for the clarification!
>>
>>7242061
you can grill them outside your just a pussy.
>>
File: tg.png (245KB, 478x267px) Image search: [Google]
tg.png
245KB, 478x267px
>tfw closest White Castle is an hour and a half away
>>
>>7242289
but thats a sweet bread. this is fucking tv food.
>>
Okay but i didn't need to read all that bullshit OP. Post your pics and fuck off.
No one cares you're too much of a pussy to cook out in the snow and can't open windows to cook inside.
>>
Canada here, why are Americans such sheltered pussies?
I can understand if it's -20 or something but from the sound of it OP just sounds like a vaginally raised ball less beta.
What happened to raising men as men America?
>>
>>7245159
No one cares about you faggot. Stupid canadians.
>>
>>7242061
>too much of a pussy to grill in the winter
>>
>>7245159
Go back to being America's hat.
>>
>>7245159
>Canada here, why are Americans such sheltered pussies?
>canada
>the place where americans run to to get away from war
you're a slightly dumber and more british america
>>
>>7245159
Manliness is not cool
>>
>>7245159
I'm from Michigan and I grill outside in the winter all the time.
>>
File: water cat.jpg (35KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
water cat.jpg
35KB, 500x654px
>>7242061
Why can't you do any grilling in winter
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.