[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Matcha tea actually good, or is it just one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: o-MATCHA-TEA-facebook.jpg (303KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-MATCHA-TEA-facebook.jpg
303KB, 2000x1000px
So is Matcha tea actually good, or is it just one of the latest meme drinks?
>>
>>7241888
meme and fad are not interchangeable terms, retard.
>>
File: 090404_h.jpg (931KB, 1401x851px) Image search: [Google]
090404_h.jpg
931KB, 1401x851px
The expensive ones taste nice, but the price doesn't make it suitable for everyday drinking. The cheap ones taste like garbage from my own experiences with it (I've been served stuff like pic related in tea stores)
>>
>>7241894

So if I did want to switch to mainly drinking tea, what would you suggest? I do want to try a nice matcha sometime, but the "ceremonial" blends on Amazon are 30.00 for a small tin.
>>
>>7241888
Matcha is pretty good provided you enjoy vegetal flavors. Lower grade matcha tends to have more bitterness, while higher grade has a more naturally sweet aftertaste. I kinda like the cheaper, more bitter kind in place of coffee sometimes.
>>
>>7241898
If you want to drink cheap green tea, just buy loose leaf instead of the powder unless you like the taste of tannins.
>>
>>7241888
I know this one person that sells the quality kind, is it worth it?
>>
Matcha is expensive is fuck, which is why the green tea frap is the only drink I'll ever get from Starbucks.
>>
Matcha feels like the Japanese equivalent to coffee for me. Apparently, its supposed to be enjoyed plain, but almost everybody I know prefer drinking the sweetened lattes and sweets flavored with it.

Personally, I love the green taste. Apparently drinking too much can clog you up though.
>>
>>7241890
What's the difference?
>>
>>7242175
I first tried it in Taiwan. I really like the taste in general. A little bit of matcha powder is really nice on some sweet bread or pastry.
>>
>>7242175
The best accompaniment to matcha is a touch of sea salt
>>
its like any tea, you can be autistic if you want, but most people wont be able to tell the difference between high & low quality. ive been trying to improve my palate for years, & its still hard to pick up on flavors.

green tea is great to cleanse the palate, and its very inoffensive, great if youre sick. matcha is just another way to obsess, buy it if you want, if you learn you dont like it, then you shouldnt feel compelled to have it in the future
>>
Actual matcha <$20/oz is good, and not that expensive ( you use a gram at a time ) but it is a pain in the ass to prepare since you need the special whisk. It's not really for daily drinking and more intended for special occasions/company

cheap matcha is disgustingly bitter
>>
>>7242213
Fads become fads because they're genuinely good
Memes are popular because frauds hoot and holler about it and plebes start to think they're good.
>>
Matcha is great but expensive.

For an everyday tea, just regular loose-leaf sencha is good. For special occasions get some gyokuro, which is really nice, and still a lot cheaper than matcha.
(Don't ruin it by pouring boiling water over it though, gyokuro is the best around ~65 degrees.)
>>
>>7242865
i think there is a second kind of meme: something that is genuinely good but is exaggerated in use or quality to the point that it ceases to be about how good it is.

bacon is genuinely good. but it's not
>"OMG SO MANLY EAT IT ON EVERYTHING OR YOU'RE A FAG NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT XD"

and that has sadly made bacon less enjoyable on a psychological, not a gustatory, level
>>
File: IMG_20160107_213616.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_213616.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
This stuff is pretty good. I am a tea noob, though.
>>
>>7244125
that brand also does a blend of genmai cha with matcha. it's really good, especially iced.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.