[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post a picture of the best thing you've ever tasted. Pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Sliced_Matsusaka_wagyu_beef.jpg (904KB, 1415x940px) Image search: [Google]
Sliced_Matsusaka_wagyu_beef.jpg
904KB, 1415x940px
Post a picture of the best thing you've ever tasted.

Pic related. Wagyu beef sushi. Was $15 for two pieces, but it was the most insane tasting thing ever.
>>
i didnt like that
cold beef fat is gristly weird

had some bluefin tuna caught off the coast of spain that was $17 for 2 pieces. how they got it to colorado i'll never know
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (569KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
569KB, 1632x1224px
>>7241596
>i didnt like that
>cold beef fat is gristly weird

You didn't have this then. Even cold it's not gristly and weird. They lightly warm it up with a torch to melt the fat into the meat, and then put some goldy sea salt on top.

>>7241596
>had some bluefin tuna caught off the coast of spain that was $17 for 2 pieces. how they got it to colorado i'll never know

Yes I've had that to. They get it there with airplane, just like how they get it to Seattle where I get it. Was only $14 though at the best place in the city. Was previously my #1 choice for best tasting food until the Wagyu beef sushi I had. Pic related.
>>
>>7241610

where in seattle? i'm here, bruv.
>>
>>7241637

Nishino
>>
File: ramsay_3.jpg (68KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ramsay_3.jpg
68KB, 480x360px
This is the best thing I have ever tasted.

Foie gras parfait, peppered madeira helly, smoked duck, apricot and almond crumble.

10/10 dish. Took me to a place in flavour town I never knew existed.
>>
>>7241822
That looks like way too complicated a flavor profile for me to ever love it. All the best things I've ever eaten have been top tier ingredients as fresh as possible prepared in pretty simple, conventional ways.

Flavor profiles that complex always seemed to me like an acquired taste from foodies and critics who eat at 5 star restaurants several times a week. The way some people develop tastes for delicacies like that japanese fish that is left rotting in a box for like 3 years or really aged scotch that is just unbearable to the average guy.
>>
>>7241884
Its essentially just pate and chutney. And the flavours are hardly unconventional combinations.
>>
File: ootoro.jpg (17KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
ootoro.jpg
17KB, 380x285px
fatty tuna nigiri (ootoro)
>>
>>7242002
>Benny Hill theme starts playing
>>
>>7241573
>sushi
why not just...idk order it rare?
I have to cook my wagyu medium-rare, otherwise too much of the fat is unrendered and I have to bite into uncomfortably large chunks. the thing about the crazy fat marbling is that even if you were dumb enough to cook it to medium well, the sheer liquid fat content would keep it fucking juicy.

it's really hard for me to place one thing as the best ever. good yakiniku is always awesome but the flavor isn't shockingly better than most things I've eaten. and while I'm crazy about fresh raw salmon, it doesn't push the envelop towards best.

mostly I enjoy "soul food" from various countries, so it's hard to say there's any one mind-blowing flavor I've ever tasted.
>>
File: 2014-12-27 14.13.57.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-27 14.13.57.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7241573
There is a sichuan restaurant I go to that has this crispy spicy belt fish cold appetizer. It might be the best thing I've ever tasted
>>
>>7241723
Yo, I went there once.

I got the softshell crab, the chirashi, the otoro. The girl I was dating then got the chicken teriyaki and the California roll. Everything was excellent, but the otoro and chirashi were exceptional.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.