[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I make for school lunch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: schoollunch.jpg (804KB, 1050x821px) Image search: [Google]
schoollunch.jpg
804KB, 1050x821px
School is starting next week and I can't stand eating sandwiches or salads anymore.

I was thinking of bulk cooking something like chicken and just eating it in different ways throughout the week. I mostly just want something that I can make beforehand and just stuff in a bag.
I don't have access to a microwave or fridge so it would need to be cold.

>in short, just need some easy cold recipes for school
>>
File: bento7.jpg (174KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
bento7.jpg
174KB, 576x768px
>>7240398
bento boxes do fucking wonders my guy
plus its mostly served cold
>>
>>7240398
Here's one that is around 1000 calories and 50+ grams of protein
4-5 medium potatoes, cut up and roasted
Can of black, pinto, or refried beans. Your choice
A little salsa
Handful of spinach
One cut up bell pepper
Mix it all in a bowl and wa la. It's pretty tasty and cheap. I'll put avocado instead of the pepper in there a lot. I like this recipe for school since I don't have to worry about any meat maybe spoiling before I get to eat
>>
How about a delicious and nutritious smoothy in a flask. They'll love you for it!
>>
Look for suggestions on r/mealprepsunday. They have a lot of recipes and cool tips. I visit frequently. Look up my username poopypanda and friend me.
>>
>>7240398
Wrap instead of sandwich?
>>
Monitoring this thread, my fiancée's kid starts next week
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Make a bunch of cheap frozen pizzas with your own extra toppings.

They're super easy to make, hold up well, and are delicious cold or at room temperature.

I'd recommend anchovies.
>>
>>7240398
Your daily same thread posted again. I'm guessing you don't do very well in school if you keep needing everything repeated to you.
>>
Cookies:
1 cup rolled oats
2 bananas
optional: cinnamon, dark choco chips, chopped dates

mash bananas with a fork, mix it all tgether, put cookies on sheet, bake @ 350 for 15 min
>>
File: 1380685670225.png (86KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1380685670225.png
86KB, 1024x1024px
>>7243630
>>
>>7240398
I never had the language skills or the mental capacities to want or request anything different when I was a kid.
If I was going to make something for my kid it sure as hell wouldn't be a sandwich and a bag of chips though. I think there are options for a healthier lunch that are appealing too.
>>
>>7244413
ZOMG I saw the same thread yesterday too! It even had the same post number and everything! Watz habbening?!
>>
Half the schools in the U.S. have banned kids from bringing their own lunches. They either buy a lunch from the school or they don't eat.
>>
>>7244485
lol, no they haven't.

Stop pulling false claims out of your ass.
>>
>>7240398
I go out and get a bucket of KFC on Sunday. I then have a fried chicken that night with chocolate milk. Then I de-bone the fried chicken, and throw out the fired skin. The chicken is then used in chicken salad, soups, served on beds of rice or stuffing with veggies, or, if you are running out of options just plain old chicken. If you get a big enough bucket of chicken with sides, it should last you the rest of the week lunches. Chicken however you want with sides.
>>
>>7244498
In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7240398
Doesn't this site not allow underage posters?
>>
>>7244533
^^ and just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more retarded.

hide thread mode engaged
>>
>>7244530
I know exactly what I'm talking about. There has been no such ban, particularly not one extended to "half the schools in the U.S."
>>
>>7244724
Schools either ban sack lunches or they are refused millions in federal assistance. School districts like millions of dollars so they ban sack lunches. Citizens like not paying more in taxes to cover those lost millions. Administrators get reelected.

Now you know, sport.
>>
Make a fucking sandwich, chips, and fruit and stop working so hard.
Unless it's already leftovers, why prep? Deli meat sandwiches.
>>
File: 1398012364697.jpg (7KB, 109x130px) Image search: [Google]
1398012364697.jpg
7KB, 109x130px
>>7244777
Can I get a source on that, skippy?
>>
>>7240398
I'm a huge fan of fried chicken and pasta salad personally. They're both excellent cold and the pasta salad can be modified in innumerable ways, plus you can do both in bulk easily.
>>
>>7240398

Nigga I don't know why every white person who doesn't cook daily for themselves thinks chicken is like the low tier cheapest meat.

ground medium pork is your go too, if I went out and bought 1 pound of chicken breast I could get 6 pounds of medium ground pork, and this shit is amazing, you add some fucking cumin, chili, onion and garlic to this shit you got motherfucking taco meat, you add some breaccrumb and egg to this shit with hungarian smoked paprika you got the best beef kofta you've ever had in your life, you add some fucking L@P to this shit with some eggs and pepper put that shit in a fucking terrine tray you got a pork meatloaf, you slip in the shower land on your fuckin straight razor and your small intestine is hanging out, just pipe some ground meat in there with fennel and you got proper fennel seed italian sausage.

chicken is for faggots, pig baby.

pig
>>
>>7244943
While I agree with your post in general, I think I would find it hard to make a beef kofta with pork.
>>
>>7244949

caught me m8
>>
>>7244943
Thanks for the giggle, friend-o
>>
>>7241804
Not both avacado and pepper? Do you have something against high simultaneous flavor contrast?
>>
>>7244943
I got 5lbs of chicken breast for 3 dollars last week. Where can you get ground pork for anywhere close to that?
>>
>>7247496
No I have limited fridge space so I buy one or the other usually
>>
>>7247657
>refrigeration for avocados
wat
>>
I think I ate 20% of my meals in school as toast, another 30% as heated cheese sandwiches, and the rest is a combination of leftovers, greens and different food.
>>
>>7244890
Source: step outside of your basement and crawl around a bit.
>>
>>7247689
I can't do this bc I always forget my avocados in the fridge and they go bad
>>
File: nig.png (304KB, 550x410px) Image search: [Google]
nig.png
304KB, 550x410px
>>7244390
>marrying a woman who has a child that isn't yours
>>
>>7244390
my wife's son is also going back to school next week! What a coincidence.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.