[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple dishes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Alright, here's the story.
I enrolled in a university about six months ago, and I moved out and started living alone as a result. Obviously, this meant having to cook for myself.
Problem is, I'm absolutely terrible in a kitchen, and I've ordered take-out more times than I've actually cooked stuff. My weight's been going up as a result, and I'm getting tired of it.
What are some simple and cheap dishes for a complete cooking retard? Bonus points if it's something I can make large portions of so I can just keep it ready in my fridge.

Pic related. It's just about the extend of my culinary abilities.
>>
pasta with storebought cheese sauce
frozen vegetables
>>
Beans and banquet meals

Also nothing tastes good after eating it for three days in a row no matter how much you think you enjoy it.
>>
>>7239116
>>7239114
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into it.
>>
http://www.budgetbytes.com/

She has a lot of cheap, simple meals.

Bolognese sauce is also something you can easily make in bulk and freeze into portions which keep for months.
>>
>>7239116
You say that, but I once ate the same food day in day out for 6 weeks
>>
>>7239136
I'll give it a look, thanks.
>>
>>7239180
Make soup your best friend, they're quite difficult to fuck up and can be done with virtually anything you have on hand. That being said, I once made a swede soup 90% of which went down the sink
>>
>>7239140
Unless it's something bland and inoffensive like fried eggs, oatmeal, or bachelor chow, it gets old quick. I make some of the best shepherd's pie, but after making two pans for Christmas, let me just say I'm glad I was visiting my family.

Oh, and bachelor chow is pretty great for everyday lunches. Vegetable/protein infused beans and rice --just add your own hot sauce to keep the variety.
>>
>>7239112
Chilli
Stew
Beans and Rice
Pasta sauce
Frozen (or fresh) vegetables can taste pretty good with some garlic, S+P
>>
Get a slow cooker. Great for a huge range of things
>>
Beef wellington
>>
>>7239136
i swear, 60% of the threads that ask for recipes on this board need this link. i check budget bytes every day to see if there's a new post.
no "this is what's going on in my life" bullshit,
simple recipes,
nice-looking step-by-step photos that are easier to remember than just reading the recipe,
realistic prices,
and just a ton of "whole ingredients" with a distinct lack of cream of whatever soup.
my favorite food blog, hands down. i am the biggest budget bytes shill ever.
>>
File: 1414793941446.jpg (76KB, 437x558px) Image search: [Google]
1414793941446.jpg
76KB, 437x558px
>>7239136
I'm sad she changed her hair and ditched the meme sauce shirt.

>blond hair
>shitloads of makeup
>hoop earings

not even worth rating out of ten.
>>
>>7241092
and a boyfriend that's not you
>>
>>7241113
careful, you might hurt my feelings.
>>
Alright, just got back from the store and brought a bunch of ingredients with me. I'll be trying to make this dish: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/07/creamy-tomato-spinach-pasta/
It seemed fairly simple and looks decently healthy and tasty. Gonna try my luck at it either later today or tomorrow.
Wish me luck and thanks for all the help!
>>
>>7241682
good luck! don't forget to eat some protein so you feel fuller for longer!
>>
Since weight is a concern too, you should look at doing some grilling too. Meat isn't the cheapest, but as long as you're flexible on cut and buy on sale it'll be much more reasonable.

You may also want to invest in a slow cooker as well. It is very easy to make a substantial portion on minimal effort by putting a few ingredients in and leaving them to cook for a while.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 600x398px
Well, I'm smart.
Out of all the ingredients to forget, I somehow managed to forget the pasta.
Guess I'll be taking another trip to the store tomorrow.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Ended up making some baked beans instead, added in some bell pepper and garlic.
I'll be going to the store again tomorrow. What are som essentials I should bring back with me.

I really appreciate all the help, sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.
>>
>>7239112
Pro advice, buy a slow cooker
>>
>>7243225
honestly, it can be hard to just start cooking everything, all the time. you're sometimes going to want to not do it because there's prep work and dishes and it takes time and it's late and what is in the pantry again and oh shit i forgot to thaw the chicken... and ah fuck it i'll just order something.

i would suggest getting ~3 frozen cook it in a skillet meals like from bird's eye. around $5 for 2.5 low calorie servings, so 2 actual meal servings.you just dump it in a skillet with a lid and stir every once in a while and then you get a hot, healthy if not low-sodium meal for little effort and little cost.

/ck/ might get high and mighty and throw up but stuff like this:
https://www.birdseye.com/voila
has saved my ass for ordering in subs or picking something up on the way home soooo often.

aaaaaaaaaand i just realized i am making a different version of the alfredo chicken for dinner tonight. son of a bitch.

other than than, yet again, budget bytes:
http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/11/stock-kitchen-pantry-staples/

i wouldn't take this as gospel, though. you know what you like to eat. think of what you like to get for takeout. search for a recipe. google any substitutions you might need to make. use pork instead of chicken, if that's what you have. get messy, make mistakes!
>>
>>7239193
Swede soup?
How much Somali jizz was in it?
SWEDEN YES!
>>
>>7243259
I second this. I have a college apartment and literally all there is to it is throwing spices, protein, veggies, and some stock and you can make all sorts of stuff. Tacos and stuff served over rice is my usual go-to
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.