[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just lost 25 pounds. I went from 160 to 135 in a year during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

I just lost 25 pounds. I went from 160 to 135 in a year during which time I was vegan, though I made no effort to watch calories or do anything different. In fact I also switched from a teaching job to a desk job where I sit 9 hours a day and get little to no exercise because I drive to work.

Do I have cancer or is this natural? I am not ever very hungry, have constant nausea, headaches almost every day and had blood in my stool several times. None of my clothes fit and I look like a scrawny schmuck. How can I get my life back and make my clothes fit without hurting animals? I'm afraid of going to the doctor because I don't want a death sentence and a year ago the doctor (old white guy) laughed at me and condescended me for being vegan.
>>
I don't know but sounds like you should get that checked either way.
>>
I haven't been vegan for very long but I've noticed feeling fuller and less hungry between meals, as well as weight loss.
Everything else you describe sounds alarming, get yourself looked at.
>>
>>7236634
Do you supplement B12? The hard part of being a "healthy" vegan is eating enough. Do you eat lots of food you enjoy? To put it simply, you aren't taking in enough calories. Vegan food is filling, so sometimes you don't want to eat as much.

Blood in your stool has nothing to do with your diet. You need to see a doctor for sure, there could be something else going on.

If you are really concerned about your weight, try adding some dairy and eggs for easy calories. I know it's still cruel, but being even just vegetarian has many great benefits for animals (fish and pork esp.) and the environment.
>>
>>7236648
>>7236642
>>7236641

desu none of my symptoms seem that extreme though and the copay for a doctors visit is 25 dollars. My fever never exceeds like a 100 which is normal for a lot of people and all the sites say not to worry until it hits like 104. I also read that most cases of cancer are diagnosed after a major event like passing out, finding a huge lump, or shitting a massive amount of blood.

I've read that the B12 shots are painful as fuck. I know I probably don't get enough though,and I hear the supplements aren't really the same as getting it from food sources. I might try adding an egg a week from my grans chickens and see if gets better.

Also I know it can't be that bad because I'm still functioning pretty well and can go to work and don't have to miss too many activities and invitations from friends.
>>
>>7236648
>Do you supplement B12?
Probably not the issue. Would more likely manifest as mental confusion and fatigue rather than nausea and lack of appetite from what I know (not an awful lot). Also it generally takes years (plural) to have such noticeable problems.
I'd see a doctor OP
>>
>>7236634
If doctors are laughing at you for being a vegan, maybe that's your first clue that you shouldn't be a fucking vegan.

Animals hurt animals. Humans are animals too, and most of them are pretty fucking smart. That's why they're on top of the food chain, enjoying amazing meats and eggs while you shit blood and look like a skinny schmuck.
>>
>>7236662
Well regardless, you better start supplementing B12 in pill form, like 1,500 mcg twice a week. You have a much higher risk for brain degenerative diseases on a vegan diet with no B12 supplement. Don't wait for symptoms of low b12, because some damage from low b12 is sometimes irreversible.

I don't think you have cancer, you may have some type of inflammatory bowel disease though. Do you ever get stomach pains? See a doctor dude.
>>
I lost ~14 pounds in a month eating microwavable veggies and playing cs.
Your body still uses calories when it's not doing anything. You ate less calories than your body was using
> literally only way to lose fat
Being vegan made you eat less calorie dense foods and made it harder to snack
>>
>>7236634
The weight loss doesn't seem that extreme. I lost about that much when I went full vegan, then put about 5lbs back now that I'm only mostly vegan. But losing weight does lessen your appetite. 60lbs ago I was always hungry to the point of hangry if I went more than six or seven hours without eating something. Now I hardly even notice if I get busy and skip a meal.

B12 is an issue for some people, but your symptoms don't sound like it.

Are you getting enough protein? On a vegan diet you should be eating beans/pulses and/or nuts nearly every day. If you're trying to live on just grains and veggies without any nuts/seeds/beans you could not be getting the protein you need.

Constant low grade fever could be an infection of some sort. Get it checked out if it persists.

You're not supposed to have blood in your stool. There are relatively harmless conditions that can cause it, but usually it's a sign of something wrong. Might it be hemorrhoids?

Also: Fucking lift. No diet is going to make a completely sedentary lifestyle healthy. You're scrawny because you don't lift.
>>
Is B12 an issue even if you drink soya milk?
>>
>>7236901
Yes. A cup of soya milk has ~50% of daily value which is around 6mcg. You should supplement ~100mcg a day, or ~1500mcg twice a week. A good multivitamin can also do the trick, just make sure it has a decent amount of B12. Some vegans also have iodine issues because no milk etc. So a multivitamin with iodine is a good idea.

You can't take too much B12, you will just pee out the excess, so no worry of overdose.

Better safe than sorry and just take a supplement. You wouldn't want to increase your risk of getting Alzheimer's or other brain degenerative diseases would you?
>>
>>7236634
You should definitely go to a doctor, but before you do, please come to my house and cough on me so I can catch whatever you've got.
>>
>>7236648
Aren't meat eaters just as susceptible to B12 deficiencies
>>
>>7236634
m8 you must be seven shades of retarded if you don't realize that there are more calories per ounce of meat than any vegetable by a factor of at least 5 and eating more veggies will cause your stomach to feel fuller when you haven't consumed as many calories. This is basic shit famalam.
>>
>>7236662
>I've read that the B12 shots are painful as fuck
False. I get them. They do hurt more than regular shots, but not very much, and it's quick.

Oh, and the appetite thing could be protein-malnutrition
>>
>>7236634
Not a vegan, and no judgement about your choice of diet, but you need to be taking B12 supplements and make sure you're combining food correctly to get adequate amounts of nutritionally complete proteins. I strongly suggest you make an appointment with a licensed dietician so you don't hurt yourself. If you are unable or unwilling to take these steps, you should go back to vegetarianism and include eggs and dairy back in your diet. You might also consider keeping your own hens for eggs, or buying eggs from neighbors who do.
>>
>>7237618
Some omni's get B12 deficiency, but it is actually very rare.

>>7238091
I agree with this 100%. It's not the easiest thing to have a complete balanced vegan diet.
>>
>>7236634
I'm afraid its either kill animals or slowly kill yourself, if you can't accept that you aren't meant to be a vegan then be my fucking guest.
>>
>>7237126
>>7236901
just eat marmite
>>
>>7239730

marmite does not have B12
>>
>>7236634
Even if you have cancer is better to have a vegan diet, you have to eat more than you use to, also drink enough water, with more fiber you need also more water to absorb all the food nutrients, maybe you need to do some exercise and reduce your stress anon.
>>
You're an idiot.
>>
>>7236634
your body ate your muscle because you never gave it a complete protein chain.
>>
>>7236634
You have an ulcer dumbass.
Go to a doctor.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.