[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to boil some chicken thighs for enchiladas. What can I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: enchichis.jpg (9KB, 246x159px) Image search: [Google]
enchichis.jpg
9KB, 246x159px
Need to boil some chicken thighs for enchiladas.

What can I add to the water to make the chicken taste good? I usually just add bouillon and an onion, but I have a plethora of spices.

What more to add?
>>
I like to add a bit of saffron, the flavour spreads really well and you only need a tiny amount
>>
boiling chicken seems like such a waste to me, makes it look disgusting and not taste too far off either. isnt there a different way you can prepare it that won't drain the flavor?
>>
>>7236625
Add onion, garlic, chiles or chili powder, cumin seed, mexican oregano or epazote, and for the liquid use a combination of stock and the juice from a can of tomatoes.
>>
File: 15361200.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
15361200.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>7236625
Once the chicken has fully boiled, shred chicken and drain so there's just enough water to cover the shredded chicken.
Then add some of pic related to chicken and water, softly boil while frequently stirring for another 10 minutes.
>wa la! God tier mexican chicken
>>
>>7237971
>Once the chicken has fully cooked
>>
>>7237896
>>7237971
What the hell, I'm Mexican and I eat enchiladas all my life and my mom or my grandmother never did any of that crap, they just cook the chicken in water with some salt, onion and pepper.
>>
File: 1429056858194.jpg (24KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1429056858194.jpg
24KB, 385x385px
>>7238122
>tfw when an English/Irish white man btfo the authenticity of your ancestors recipes
>>
>>7238122
Yep, Posting from mexico here, all anyone does to boil chicken for enchiladas, mole, ect. is boil it with salt, some onion, and a green chile. Some will toss in a little garlic if they care to.
>>
>>7237855
Boiling is a waste.
The answer is a pressure cooker.
Put the chicken in with some stock. Add cumin garlic, onion, chili powder, salt and pepper.

Cook for 30 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Remove and shred the chicken. Save some of the juice to store leftovers in. it will keep it from drying out,
>>
>>7238439

owning a pressure cooker is a waste.

boiling takes 90 minutes for the same results.

I bet you own a garlic press too faggot
>>
>>7238452
My pressure cooker turns 6 hour projects into 1 hour projects, and imparts more uniform flavors. No regrets at all. I'm sorry you either can't afford one, or can't afford a home large enough to store one.

It'll be ok, senpai.
>>
>>7237855

You can brown the chicken and then cook it in a pot of enchilada sauce.
>>
>>7238439
Cooking chicken in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes will make mush

Now the best shredded chicken for enchiladas is grilled or roasted, not boiled.
>>
>>7236654
yo, i've literally never used saffron

it seems so precious in that little plastic box.. i'm scared of it or something

i know it's from a flower but how is it used and why?
>>
>>7241125
This.

When I make chicken enchiladas I usually just season and roast a whole chicken or some split breasts, let it cool down (usually in the fridge over night) and then shred it and make enchiladas.
>>
>>7236625
tfw the thumbnail doesn't enlarge
those look delicious
>>
>>7237971
spanish
>>7238428
mexican
>>
>>7238122
>>7238428
Look, we can't help it if your families are shit cooks. Simmered chicken NEEDS FLAVOR, plus it adds more dimension to the finished dish. Ya'll are just as bad as the people on here who argue about the "authenticity" of fucking pizza.
>>
>>7241213
Not for enchiladas dumbass. The flavor comes from the sauce you pour over the tortilla. The half or quarter onion, salt, and little garlic you add to the chicken when you boil it is enough.
Adding a bunch of unnecessary bullshit to the chicken for enchiladas is fucking retarded
>>7236625
Don't use chicken thighs they're a pain in the ass to shred by hand since they are relatively greasy. Bone in chicken breast is best for enchiladas.
>>
>>7236625
You could add a clove or two of garlic. For enchiladas the real focus is the sauce.
You're enchiladas will never be good if you keep adding pre-made sauce. Look on how to make red or green enchilada sauce (they're almost the same except for the use of red or green tomatoes) these are easy to make. You can also add mole poblano. These are probably the most popular type of enchiladas in Mexico but making this sauce from scratch is complicated so it's not a bad idea to get store bought.
>>
File: la costena.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
la costena.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>7237971
Green salsa is superior with chicken in my opinion. Also prefer it with pork dishes.
>>
>>7241400
Chicken breast are shitty in all but a few select dishes. Chicken thighs are actually flavorful. Even if OP doesn't over cook them (which he will since he said boil instead of simmer) the taste will be shittier than if he just used thigh meat
>>
>>7241417
enchilada with mle the most popular in Mexico? not even close. in 15 years in Mexico I have only seen these a couple of times.
I agree that the sauce is paramount with enchilada, the name means "with chile" basically.
Here is a little tidbit. If it is tortilla with chile sauce it is enchilada, if it with white sauce it is encremada, if with bean sauce enfrijolada, with cheese enquesada, ect.ect.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.