[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm on a paleo diet, like the cavemen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

>I'm on a paleo diet, like the cavemen.
>>
so you eat Magnadon?
>>
>carbs are bad for you
>i'm doing keto, it's healthy
>>
>>7236620
Mastodon*
>>
File: 1425367111052.jpg (49KB, 324x299px) Image search: [Google]
1425367111052.jpg
49KB, 324x299px
My Uncle does this shit. He drinks rice beer instead of normal beer and claims that rice isn't a grain so it's okay. I'm also pretty sure that he hasn't lost any weight since starting it.
>>
>>7236733
>drinking alcohol
>trying to lose weight
tell your uncle to put on his big boy pants and get his shit together anon
>>
>>7236753
He's some kind of ungodly hybrid of trendy douchebag and stereotypical redneck. He'll keep doing it whether I tell him or not.
>>
>>7236622
Keto really is pretty good, though. I wouldn't do it full time, but when I spend a couple of months on it I think more clearly and have at least three times as much energy.
>>
>>7236761
That seems to be the new typical breed down here in the south, unfortunately.
>>
>>7236780
I'm in rural PA, which is pretty much the same thing as the south except colder.
>>
>>7236768
moron
>>
>>7236768
placebo
>>
>>7236785
You sound scared to find out for yourself.
>>
>>7236604
Who would pay for this disgusting image?
>>
>>7236604
The ironic thing is that cavemen likely wouldn't have the luxury of eating meat from domesticated animals but wild animals they managed to kill like deer, rabbits, etc
>>
>>7236753
Or actually account for booze in your calorie count.
>>
>>7236830
No, just grow up and lay off the booze if you're a fat pudgy fucker.
>>
>>7236807
:^)
>>
Seeing that picture made me want to stop eating
>>
>>7236862
Or you could just pick up a vegetable.
>>
File: 1388958009392.png (198KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1388958009392.png
198KB, 500x373px
>>7236768
>at least three times as much energy
>>
>>7236885
>My preconceptions are more significant than your experience
>>
>>7236768
that's because you believe in it.
>>
>>7236910
>my energy level is definitely a quantifiable and measurable attribute
>it was three times as many megajoules
>it clearly couldn't have been the result of any other number of variables in my lifestyle
>i'm definitely not retarded
>>
>>7236797
>>7236910
Looks like someone's a little insecure about their fad diet.
>>
>>7236807
Who would take such a disgusting photo in the first place?
>>
I don't approve of any diet that restricts what vegetables you can have. Vegetables!
>>
>>7236622
>>7236768

I've been doing a keto diet since Thanksgiving. Same amount of Calories and exercise as before I started, but I've lost 10 lbs of fat. I feel great. I don't know about this paleo thing. Doesn't seem rooted in logic or science.
>>
>>7236934
Maybe.

But probably not. I've tried out loads of different fads, just out of interest. Five two. Juice. Detox. Most of them made no difference. Some of them made a small amount of difference, but too insignificant to draw a causative link. Keto actually makes a significant difference to what I am capable of. There are plenty of people out there who do keto because they think it means they can subsist entirely on bacon and heavy cream, but that doesn't mean there aren't more sensible approaches. I only aim for low level ketosis so I can get as wide a variety of vegetables as I can.

But, again, I certainly wouldn't risk doing it forever. I suspect you're missing out on micronutrients, which would cause significant problems in the long term.

I just get annoyed when people dismiss things just because they seem different to what is normal. Why not just try it for a bit? It won't hurt. It also won't hurt if you don't, but it does make your objection to it less rational.
>>
>>7238034
>Doesn't seem rooted in logic or science.

I'm an archaeologist, and I can say outright that it isn't rooted in science on my end. The Paleo diet has basically nothing to do with how prehistoric people actually ate (since that would be way too varied to replicate as a prescriptive diet), and is very misleading in it's claims that it's how we're "supposed" to eat. Basically, it's bullshit based on misconceptions about how people ate before agriculture.

I know less about the nutritional implications, but I once had a pretty long discussion with an actual nutritionist about the paleo diet. I don't remember her exact arguments (our talk was mostly her asking me its archaeological validity), but she wasn't a big fan of it, either.
>>
>>7238093
Hm. Everything I've read sounds pretty scammy. Thanks for a professional perspective. My diet has been very low carbs, vegetables, occasional fresh fruits, protein, and fats. I'm not afraid of animal fats, but I've been putting a preference on unsaturated fat, and absolutely no artificial or partially hydrogenated trans fats. So pretty much all processed, pre-packaged food is out. I'd like to see how my cholesterol levels are looking, but I bet they're pretty good. Again, I feel great.
>>
>>7238093
I dunno, early man could eat however he damn well pleased considering what an ordeal hunting/gathering must have been.
>>
>>7238062
The key is low carb as there's science behind it. I don't know if you really need to be ketosis all the time but considering how meat+non starchy vegetables are filling and satisfying, it goes a long way into helping your weight loss and diet.

Also Paleo diet is essentially keto/low carb except with a fashion name. Essentially it boils down to eat more meat, eat more fats, eat lots of vegetables, cut down on pasta/potatoes/rice.
>>
>muh fad diets have duh science!
>>
>>7238093
>I'm an archaeologist
if a tard on cartoon board for losers is an arholiogist then my dad is bill gates and you should pay attention to what i say coz i'm important.
keto is life. dont agree? fuck you and your imaginary archelology bullshit.
>>
>>7238672
>on keto
>calling other people's shit imaginary.
>>
>>7236768
>Keto really is pretty good, though
I would understand if you were born with a defected glucose transport system in your brain.
>>
>>7238583
>eat more meat, eat more fats, eat lots of vegetables, cut down on pasta/potatoes/rice
Good advice if you eat fucking ridiculous amounts of carbohydrate. Cutting them completely is the perfect way to deprive your brain of energy.
>>
>>7239427
This isn't true either.
Your brain can use two molecules for energy, and only one of them comes from carbohydrate.
When in ketosis your liver synthesizes beta Hydroxybutyrate, which the brain uses perfectly for energy.
>>
>>7239427
incorrect. there are no essential carbohydrates while there are essential amino acids and fats. you can literally live without consuming any carbohydrates at all.
>>
>>7238672
This is what dietfags actually believe.
>>
>>7236620
>>7236628
Too much WoW lol
>>
File: 1393104932043.jpg (70KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1393104932043.jpg
70KB, 330x319px
>Sitting in a nutrition class
>Prof is asking the class if we're on any specific kinds of diets
>300 pound nearly gets up out of his seat to raise his hand
>Tells everyone proudly how he's been on an all meat diet for a while
>"And hows that working out for ya?"
>>
>>7236852
Fuck that shit, unless you plan on giving up alcohol for life, or anything in that matter, all abtaining from it will do is make you want it more and potentially lead to binging.
I lost 2lbs a week for 3 months by counting calories and leaving an allowance for alcohol, drank 3or4 nights a week, just not to excess.
>>
>>7240095
not gonna make it
>>
I did the whole keto thing for awhile. Lost like 50lbs. Then I lost my job and got depressed and buying prepackaged shit. Gained all the weight and haven't lost it again because I am a lazy fatass with no self control.
>>
I was putting on too much weight drinking beer. I came up with the bright idea to smoke instead. That didn't work. Smoking made me very hungry and I'd eat a ton of food.
>>
I started the paleo diet, so far I've lost 5 lbs in a month with exercise everyday. I don't care if it's what the caveman eat, if it works in the long run, that's fine.
>>
my sister has been on paleo for like a year or so and now she is pregnant. will it fuck up the baby?

she never shuts up about it
>>
>>7242344
google scholar.
stop asking 4chan like anyone here is a STEM major in the field of biochem/biology/ or in medical field.
>>
>>7238062
I did Keto for about 5 months combined with P90x workouts. Lost about 20-25 lbs. Stopped because it was fucking up my cholesterol and I wasn't seeing anymore results once I hit 180.

My experience has been it helps with energy and gives a good focus for what to eat. Most of my weight loss came from the exercise and looking at what I was eating rather than following keto to the letter.

I don't think its a magic bullet but it works as a good template.
>>
File: Doug001.gif (14KB, 366x500px) Image search: [Google]
Doug001.gif
14KB, 366x500px
>>7236885
Is that the back of Doug Funnie?
>>
>>7238672
You call that a proper trolling, maggot? I've seen x-box live retarded underaged faggots do better. Now I want to see you troll /k/ 100 times before you try the other boards. Dismissed.
>>
File: oldfaghere.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
oldfaghere.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>7245087
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.