[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody have good curry recipes to share? Midly hot prefered.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: morzine-indian-restaurant1.jpg (362KB, 2197x1462px) Image search: [Google]
morzine-indian-restaurant1.jpg
362KB, 2197x1462px
Anybody have good curry recipes to share? Midly hot prefered.
>>
File: archenemy.jpg (134KB, 1129x741px) Image search: [Google]
archenemy.jpg
134KB, 1129x741px
Upon eating curry
to the bathroom
you will hurry!
>>
>>7236220
>some spices other then peppercorns make my tummy feel off
>>
>>7236220
Are they still good? I stopped listening at anthems of rebellion
>>
>>7236213
God, Indian/Paki food is so good.

I may have to go get some tomorrow.
>>
>>7236213
Yea it's called not wasting your meat and vegetables on literal poverty food
>>
>>7236220
Did they get a new singer? This girl looks different
>>
>>7236427
Who cares if it's poverty food. It tastes good, fills you up, looks good. What more do you want, other than social status you narcissistic fuck.
>>
>>7236213
Where are you starting from, do you want to make your own spice mix? I can't remember any exact amounts, but I would say coriander is the usually the largest component, followed by cumin, turmeric, and chilli powder, then varying amounts of a whatever other spices are around.

The actual curry is just a shitload of onion, ginger and garlic and chilli fried in a shitload of oil or ghee, your spices and meat added, and then everything simmered in tomato puree or just water.
>>
>>7236213
Bumo
>>
>>7236427
>refusing one of the tastiest and most interesting cuisines the world has to offer because of memes and snobbery
s m h t b h f a m
>>
File: 1424310328601.png (50KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
1424310328601.png
50KB, 246x246px
>>7236427
>not knowing that poverty food is the tastiest
>>
>>7236427
>Myriad use of spice and huge variety of ingredients

Do you know what poverty means memelord?
>>
I was just about to ask if anyone has a good Chicken Tikka Masala recipe.

I go to this amazing Indian Buffet like once every other week, but I'd like to save money and make that shit myself and just pack it in to work.
>>
Bump, I wanna read some of /ck/'s curry recipes. Surely someone on here has one.
>>
>>7236213
>curry
>good
P O O I N L O O
O N O
O O
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 600x600px
>>7238588
I've used this for a while. Turns out pretty good

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228293/curry-stand-chicken-tikka-masala-sauce/

My only issue is getting the tomato/cream balance right seems to be tricky sometimes
>>
>>7236431
Arch Enemy swapped their singers with The Agonist
>>
I don't understand the curry/poop meme. Is it because Indians shit in the streets? Curry will only upset my stomach if it's really hot, just as all really hot food.
>>
>>7239763
You really fucked that up
>>
File: amitabh-don.jpg (65KB, 636x500px) Image search: [Google]
amitabh-don.jpg
65KB, 636x500px
>>7236573
Good rule of thumb is equal amounts of cumin and coriander powders (1 tsp each per pound of meat).
Basic Method for 1 lb meat:
1. Add 1 large onion, 4-5 cloves of garlic, and one inch of ginger to your blender/food processor. Whiz and add sufficient water to make a paste. Marinate the meat in this for at least half an hour. Two hour is optimal.
*optional step: Remove meat from marinade, scraping the paste off of the meat and reserving the paste for later. Set burner to medium/medium-hot. Sear your meat in ghee, clarified butter, or a neutral vegetable oil (NOT olive oil.) Develop that sear, then remove the meat from pan, leaving the fond on the bottom.
2. Toast coriander pods and 3-4 dried long chilli peppers in that oil. If cooking red meat (beef, lamb, goat), add 3-4 whole cloves and a bay leaf.
3. After 15-20 seconds, add your powdered spices: 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1 teaspoon chili powder (more if you want some real heat), 1 teaspoon tumeric powder. DON"T BURN YOUR SPICES.
4. Add the reserved marinade paste to the pan, along with (optional) one large diced tomato. Cook until the tomato breaks down.
5. Return meat to the pan, along with one fresh habenero (cut in half). Add sufficient water to cover your meat.
6. Braise the fuck out of that shit until that shit is tender.
7. Eat like a champion.

Source: My Brown Ass
>>
File: OC.png (316KB, 776x680px) Image search: [Google]
OC.png
316KB, 776x680px
simply vomit on plate
add a thing
???
profit
>>
File: happy curry.jpg (226KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
happy curry.jpg
226KB, 1024x1024px
>>7239881
Thanks curry anon!
>>
ITT: Indians are the only ones to make a curry

Thai curries are top shit.

Is it considered turbo-pleb tier to use curry bases? I live in Vietnamese central so I have access to actually good curry bases, I'd like to expand to making my own green curry though.
>>
File: baba's.jpg (129KB, 375x469px) Image search: [Google]
baba's.jpg
129KB, 375x469px
>>7240543
Not amongst any of the people I know that most would describe as authentic native cooks, but obviously there's a difference between traditional home cooking and cooking food because you're into it as a process.

Personally I find fresh lemon grass and galangal kinda a ballache, but it's still worth doing once in a while. Otherwise Mae Ploy is good for Thai shit, pic related for Malay.
>>
>>7240543
This. Thai curries are best
>>
>>7240543
Not really, they are very useful. I use maesri or may ploy.
>>
>>7240801
I see lemon grass, galangal, and bamboo shoots in a bunch of green curries but I never put them in mine. I took a quick cooking class in Chiang Mai too and they put none of those in it.
My recipe is this:

Chicken breast
Coconut milk
Curry paste
Thai Eggplant
A Red Pepper
Thai Basil
Palm Sugar
Fish Sauce
>>
>>7236213
Pour ten tons of turmeric and curry powder on some meat then throw it into a pot (the loo is traditionally used in India) with water. Cook for 3 hours. Should taste like overly spiced shit.

Thai curry is good though
>>
>>7239881
saved. many thanks to your ass. would you say this recipe is brown people spicy (aka gonna burn my tender white ring)?
>>
>>7239881
Many thanks brother, I've been trying to crack the masterpiece that's Indian curry for some time. Malay, Thai and other Asian curries seem to boil down to the paste, leaves, lemongrass and coconut milk, while Japanese curry has a roux, but I've always wanted to crack this code.
>>
>>7240455
I really want to eat this. I feel like it would erase my worries.
>>
>>7239785
I think many europs have weak constitutions for heavily spiced food. A possible gentetic disposition from spices being lacking from there diet for so many generations like how native americans cant handle alcohol.
>>
Chicken Tikka Masala
>Combine Cumin,Coriander,Cardamon, Clove,Cinnamon, Chili powder(Kashmiri if possible Chipote will also work) Cayenne pepper garlic powder, Ginger, salt, pepper make more then think you need
>Dice up Chicken thighs coat them with Curry powder let them set for an hour
>Dice an Onion(white or yellow your call I like yellow) cook in butter til clear add chicken, Grated Ginger and garlic.
>slice up three or four big tomatoes or used Canned diced tomatoes toss them in and cook till they become a sauce.
>check seasoning afterwards dice up a red onion and bell pepper add them to the Curry for about five minutes turn off the heat
> Add Yogurt or coconut milk after the curry had cooled down a bit.
> add chopped cliantro and lime surve with Saffon rice and/ or naan

Japanese Curry
>curry powder Turmeric,Powdered Ginger, Garlic Powder Salt, Black pepper,white pepper, Cardamon Clove and Cumin ground star anise Cinnamon make more then you need.
>Start with a roux get it nice and dark golden colored add curry powder, Kethup, soy sauce, Tonkatsu sauce to the roux
>if using meat, dusk the meat with the powder and cook in veg oil
> remove the meat and add in onions,ginger and garlic and cook them til clear.
>add chopped Carrots and Celery and an apple and cook off add back meat and top with water or chicken stock. add potatoes cook for half an hour.
>Add two or three tablespoons of honey check for seasoning add a blended or grated apple
>check if potatoes are tender
>mix some of the soup in with the roux and mix it together.
serve with rice and a breaded deep fried pork chop if you made a pure veggie curry but hey sometimes you need to please the fat ass gods and get that double meat.
>>
Probably not a real proper curry, but what the hell, this is what I often make.

- Chop an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, and a piece of ginger (I go for something slightly larger than thumb-sized).
- Put all of that in a pan, fry in a neutral oil.
- Chop chiili peppers to taste and add them. Dried or flakes are also fine.
- Add the spices: cumin, tumeric in roughly equal amounts and twice as much garam masala powder. Additionally: add some tomato paste.
- Cut chicken breast (thighs are also an option) and sear them in the pan.
- Add one or two diced tomatoes and other veggies you'd like in there. Peppers work quite nicely imho.
- Add enough water to cover the meat. Simmer on a low heat until it has a good consistency.
- If you like, you could at this point add some dairy product like creme fraiche or yoghurt.
>>
>>7239881
Do you remove the cloves?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.