[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a picky eater thread? >A week ago at Christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 33

File: 1377815461503.jpg (117KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1377815461503.jpg
117KB, 400x388px
Can we have a picky eater thread?

>A week ago at Christmas
>Everybody at the house for dinner
>Lots of stuff there, and I made a lasagna
>Several picky eaters coming
>Aunt doesn't eat anything she "doesn't like," particularly those things she's never fucking tried before
>Little brother doesn't eat anything aside from Mcdonalds and the odd reheated shitty soup or microwave chicken
>Get told that he loves lasagna, and figured it would be a safe dish for everyone
>Bring the food out and he doesn't touch anything, just stares at it on his plate
>He takes a piece of lasagna and pokes at it for a while
>"Did you put pepper in this?!"
>"Yeah"
>He stares at it for a while more and then gets this fucking scowl on his face, gets up with his plate, and he throws it right in the garbage
>Takes all my willpower not to get up and strangle him
>Mom later tells me "Oh, he doesn't like black pepper."

Not the first time it happened either.
>>
>Exposure, plain and simple. Scientists tell us that aversions fade away when we eat moderate doses of the hated foods at moderate intervals, especially if the food is complex and new to us. (Don't try this with allergies, but don't cheat either: few of us have genuine food allergies.) Exposure works by overcoming our innate neophobia, the omnivore's fear of new foods that balances the biological urge to explore for them. Did you know that babies who are breast-fed will later have less trouble with novel foods than those who are given formula? The variety of flavors that make their way into breast milk from the mother's diet prepares the infant for the culinary surprises that lie ahead. Most parents give up trying novel foods on their weanlings after two or three attempts and then complain to the pediatrician; this may be the most common cause of fussy eaters and finicky adults--of omnivores manqués. Most babies will accept nearly anything after eight or ten tries.
>>
Was at my girlfriend's house on Christmas Eve. Her sister was making meat pie and roasted broccoli + cauliflower. I noticed their nephew eating Mcnuggets before dinner was ready. He wasn't a lard ass or anything, so I figured he was one of those picky eaters I'd heard about. He just sat infront of an empty plate during dinner. Didn't make a fuss or anything. Shit like that or people who can't drink plain water confuse me though. I can't help but feel like they should just get over it, and I know that's really insensitive to say, but how the fuck could someone who only eats mcnuggets and other boring inoffensive foods, be alive even a few decades ago?
>>
>>7232700
>Putting pepper in Lasagna

I hate pepper and would've thrown that shit out to. Lasagna is supposed to be made with cheese sauce and meat, that's it.
>>
>>7232732
Being autistic about "muh authenticity" is being a picky eater.
>>
>>7232700
I have a family member who is convinced she's allergic to black pepper because it "burns her mouth." So basically she can't eat out at any decent restaurant or anybody else's house, because everyone fucking uses black pepper. But I've seen her unknowingly eat food with black pepper in it, and she doesn't get any kind of allergic reaction. She's just a hypochondriac pain in the ass.

And it really takes a lot to stand out in my family as a fussy eater, given that about half of my relatives have their little lists of Foods They Don't Eat. For some it's onions, others seafood, others nuts, mushrooms or eggplant. But thinking you're allergic to black pepper because it burns your mouth takes the cake.
>>
>>7232732
LOLOLOLOLOL
You must not understand why salt and pepper are used in almost every dish. Pepper helps bring out the natural flavors in each ingredient. You can't even taste it.
>>
>>7232722
>how the fuck could someone who only eats mcnuggets and other boring inoffensive foods, be alive even a few decades ago?
Most food in America was boring and inoffensive a few decades ago unless you lived in a major city. My grandfather pretty much lived on well done meat and potatoes his entire life.
>>
>>7232732
I think you're confusing bell pepper and black pepper. Black pepper is the spice, and it definitely goes in lasagna. Bell pepper would be weird.
>>
Food that doesn't have some kind of "crunch" makes me nauseous.
Its like eating pensioner food.
>>
>>7232732
what the hell are you talking about? pepper is most definitely used in the meat sauce you layer between the cottage cheese and ricotta. cheese sauce?
>>
File: 1390776533376s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1390776533376s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
My roommate is convinced he hates onions. If you tell him something has onions, he won't go near it. So anyway, I cook everything with onions and just tell him I left them out. Idiot.
>>
>>7232732
>cheese sauce
>meat
no tomato?
>>
>>7232782
>cottage cheese
hold the fucking phone
what
>>
>>7232787

I'm with you, wtf is cottage cheese doing in lasagna.

I made some the other day. It was basically ricotta, noodle, and vodka sauce. Shit was delicious. I prefer meatless lasagna myself though.
>>
>>7232787

It happens. I've had it before. It's better than you would think.
>>
>>7232700
>throws it right in the garbage
why throw it away when somebody else could have eaten it? how old were they?
>>
>>7232832
Younger than 12 is the impression I got
>>
>>7232832
Who cares how old that little fucker was. If I had done something like that my parents would have killed me. I don't believe in physically harming children but I'd murder anyone who did that to my food. Fucking little spoiled piece of shit.
>>
>>7232839
I just wondered if they were so young they didn't understand what a cunt they were being
>>
>>7232842
Even so, his parents should have stopped him or at least said something. Sounds like the whole family is shit.
>>
File: 1451950609445.jpg (19KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
1451950609445.jpg
19KB, 510x430px
>Work at Subway because I failed in my life
>Guy comes in
>Real skinny, probably 6'3 and 110lbs
>Leans over the counter
>Orders a footlong spicy Italian on Italian bread
>I start putting it together
>He coughs as I put the meat down
>Tells me 'do it again, but this time, place the meat down, then stroke each piece before putting the next one down'
>do what he says
>he stares at me and nods his head
>ask if he wants it toasted with cheese
>he says yes
>tells me to put my rubber gloves into the toaster next to the sandwich
>say OK
>it comes out smelling like melting rubber
>he sniffs the air and declares it delicious
>makes me arrange his salad into bundles of each type of salad
>pays and leaves
>>
File: 1411592757725.jpg (53KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
1411592757725.jpg
53KB, 640x496px
>>7232851
>>
File: 1424310535991.jpg (80KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1424310535991.jpg
80KB, 400x299px
>>7232757
>I have a family member who is convinced she's allergic to black pepper because it "burns her mouth."

That is the whitest thing I've ever heard in my life.
>>
File: Thomas Ruff.jpg (24KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Ruff.jpg
24KB, 300x350px
>>7232849
what an unfair world we live in
>>
>>7232853
$100 says he's hoverhanding
>>
>>7232867
but hoverhanding what is the question
>>
>>7232712
Huh

My sister was breastfed and I wasn't

Yet I turned out the be the weird vegetarian who likes to experiment with strange shit and she won't eat anything except steak and potatoes
>>
>>7232875

Vegetarianism is a restrictive diet. Just because you try "strange shit" in order to avoid malnourishment doesn't make you weird or adventurous.

It sounds like you're both picky eaters.
>>
>>7232875
maybe there was something in the milk

>>7232887
>meat eater gets angry about the existence of vegetarian
oh how original of you
>>
>>7232867

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to touch that pile of STDs either without protection
>>
>>7232867
He probably caught no less than three diseases being that close to her.
>>
File: hehe.gif (850KB, 245x294px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.gif
850KB, 245x294px
>>7232896
he'd be invisible if he was wearing protection though
>>
>>7232893

>meat eater gets angry about the existence of vegetarian

The fact that your mind could somehow read that into the post you responded to only hurts whatever argument you might be trying to make.

Nobody got angry, you just got defensive. All that was said was that vegetarians and people who only eat meat and potatoes are both equally picky eaters.
>>
>>7232893
>meat eater

How do you know he's a meat eater? Maybe he's vegetarian like you, but doesn't believe "strange shit" is actually "strange" because he understands that it's something you have to do in order to avoid malnourishment. Anon cares about you, Anon.
>>
>>7232896

I'd date her.

She's retired, and assuming she's been tested what's the problem?

>polite sage
>>
>>7232893
>>7232910
>>7232914
fucking told, cunt
>>
>>7232910
>>7232914
DAMAGE
CONTROL
>>
>>7232928

>two posts 33 seconds apart
>damage control

Are you trying to say this is some kind of anti-veg conspiracy now?

Fucking hell, get some brain food into your system before you start blowing shit up.
>>
>>7232928
the fuck are you talking about? jesus christ. just watch the unique posters creep up as more people stop by to tell you that you're stupid.
>>
>>7232910
you don't think what you said was in any way salty? You immediately attacked vegetarianism and accused them of lying, and called them a picky eater for not eating meat, you fucking spaz.

>>7232914
I think you'd know you don't have to eat strange shit just to get proper nourishment if you were a vegetarian.
>>
File: 1451693208216.jpg (113KB, 507x686px) Image search: [Google]
1451693208216.jpg
113KB, 507x686px
>>7232953
Why so angry, mane?
>>
>>7232953

>you immediately attacked vegetarianism and accused them of lying

It sounds like you're responding to the wrong post, because none of that happened.

But yeah, it is true that entirely excluding a specific food from your diet (when you're not allergic to it) is the definition of being a picky eater.
>>
>>7232732
with you on this one, anon. fuck peppers and anyone who ruins dishes with them
>>
>>7232732
Get a load of this faggot, everyone
>>
>>7232780
>pensioner food

>implying you won't be living off a pension when you're of age
>>
>>7232851
Have you considered the option of ending your life yet?
>>
>>7232965
>poster says they like strange shit
>other poster says they don't
seems like calling them a liar

>you have to eat strange shit to get proper nourishment if you're a vegetarian
sounds like they're attacking vegetarianism, unless saying you don't get proper nourishment from something is praising? Is it?

you're a picky eater if you're being unreasonable and irrational, that doesn't hold if you've got a reason, maybe they were allergic who knows, the person who replied didn't ask they just jumped down their throat immediately.
>>
>>7232999

Damn, vegetarians are sensitive.

You should learn to read a little better, and logic a little better, and find the "shift" button on your keyboard.

Nobody is allergic to meat, by the way.
>>
>>7233014
I hope one day the six foot lead pipe falls out of you and you lighten up and stop desperately clambering to be the less angry of two unangry people.
>>
File: IdiotDoesn'tKnowAboutPrtSc.jpg (94KB, 481x496px) Image search: [Google]
IdiotDoesn'tKnowAboutPrtSc.jpg
94KB, 481x496px
>>7232875
>My sister was breastfed and I wasn't
That's pretty odd in and of itself
>>
>>7233048

>a troll post from an anon straight off of /b/
>a decade ago
>>
>>7233014
People can be allergic to meat. Tick bites are actually proven to lead to red meat allergies for some people. Meat allergies like most food allergies aren't very common but still exist. The panel for food allergies at my allergist's office has chicken, beef, and dozens of other things on there that you wouldn't think people "could" be allergic to.
>>
>>7232999
The discussion was on breastfeeding, if I'm not mistaken. Whoever that vegetarian was implied that their unusually varied tastes, despite being bottle fed, contradicted the correlation people were claiming (that breast feeders have wider taste and are less likely to be picky).

It was important for that guy to point out that not eating meat is a pretty restrictive dietary choice, meaning that person's diet was not as adventurous as they thought, hence the correlation still stands.

The point of the first person was that the correlation isn't there, the point of the second is that the correlation might well be there since a vegetarian diet is pretty restrictive, no matter how adventurous you feel you are. Nobody was attacked until that idiot started getting offended and lashed out.
>>
>>7232722
Growing up, my little brother had a friend who would only eat McNuggets, Kraft mac and cheese, and melted popsicles. Parents should just let their kid die if they really refuse to eat anything else at that point.
>>
>>7233056
Allergists are scam artists you dumb faggot
>>
>>7233060
>not eating meat is a pretty restrictive dietary choice, meaning that person's diet was not as adventurous as they thought, hence the correlation still stands.
you're assuming that the vegetarian didn't take that into account, seemed pretty clear that they were saying they ate strange shit and to either blame that on vegetarianism or say that not eating mean cancels that out doesn't really make sense. you can be plenty adventurous and not eat meat.
>>
>>7233038
Maybe one day the dick will fall out of your ass and you'll stop being a faggot
>>
>>7233080
>you can be plenty adventurous and not eat meat.
Not adventurous enough to deny the correlation. If you had an unrestricted and adventurous diet consisting of all types of food, and you were bottle fed, that would be some interesting anecdotal evidence (though obviously not enough by itself to mean anything). Being somewhat adventurous except from almost half of all common food is pretty meaningless even as an anecdote in this context.
>>
>>7232965
When was the last time you drank piss? Ate brains? Testicles? I'm not a vegetarian, but saying avoiding any type of food = steak and potatoes level of picky is retarded.
>>
>>7233108
even if meat was half of all common food which it's really not then not eating that and eating a range of strange shit instead doesn't mean you're less adventurous.

an infinite range of food minus meat is an infinite range of food.

and we're not even talking about the fact that you can be a vegetarian for non-picky reasons.
>>
>>7233113
Piss is not a food.
>>
>>7232757
Take her out for Indian.
>>
>uncle and cousin are visiting
>spaghetti bolognese
>cousin throws a fit, he doesn't like tomatoes
>r-right
>well what do you want then?
>just give me some of the spaghetti
>gets a plate of spaghetti
>everyone looking at him slightly pitifully
>gets up from the table
>marches over to the fridge and retrieves the tomato sauce
>triumphantly squirts it all over his spaghetti
>mixes them together
>eats with a huge smile on his face

[triggering is at maximum intensity]
>>
>>7233080

>you can be plenty adventurous and not eat meat

And you can be just as adventurous, but also eat meat.

Vegetarians have this crazy idea that because they don't eat meat they somehow open themselves up to a wider variety of foods, when in fact everyone eats the same shit they do, but aren't picky about eating animal flesh.
>>
>>7233161
>Vegetarians have this crazy idea that because they don't eat meat they somehow open themselves up to a wider variety of foods
Ah now we get down to it, you have preconceived ideas about vegetarians and you made assumptions about the vegetarian that says they eat adventurously.
>>
File: 1442952787579.jpg (2MB, 1997x2280px) Image search: [Google]
1442952787579.jpg
2MB, 1997x2280px
>>
>>7233113

I've eaten brains and testicles, and even drank piss (though like the other anon said, that's not /ck/ relevant). I don't eat them every day, because they're not common foods where I live.

They are nowhere near common enough to make any sort of analogy with eating any and all meat in general.

Some vegetarians have rationalizations for their food phobia, but most don't. Either way, I'd say exactly the same thing about someone who says they don't eat onions or tomatoes, and that's being generous to vegetarians.
>>
>>7233060
>It was important for that guy to point out that not eating meat is a pretty restrictive dietary choice, meaning that person's diet was not as adventurous as they thought, hence the correlation still stands.
I think a distinction needs to be made between people who don't eat/try things because they dislike new things, or think they'll dislike whatever it is, and people who don't eat things because of personal ethical choices. Many American meat eaters won't eat dogs or cats, or maybe just dogs they know were recently pets, or dogs they see tortured to death to enhance the flavor, or won't eat endangered species they know were illegally poached, or won't eat veal when they know the calf was bound in a cage unable to walk its entire life. These sorts of moral choices are very distinct from "eww it looks gross", or someone who eats a bull's ass, legs, and abdomen, but won't eat a its eyes, brains, tongue, intestines, or testicles.
>>
>>7233184
>Some vegetarians have rationalizations for their food phobia, but most don't.
That's absurd, you're just making shit up, because you can't think of any rational reason to justify your own someone-doesn't-think-like-I-think "phobia".
>>
>>7233173

>now we get down to it

One person eats everything, another person eats everything minus all meat.

One of them has a more restricted diet, but calls themselves an adventurous eater.

There's no preconceived ideas at play; that was literally how this discussion got started.
>>
>>7232700
My friend married a milk-toast engineer autist from Indiana who doesn't drink, and seems to hate the notion of food, fine dining, and anything more than a generic taste of "bland". Mother fucker ignored all the food I made, and which everyone else was ravenously consuming, and proceeded to sit and eat a bowl of M&M's he found leftover from Christmas.

If you're not going to eat almost any of the food I made, why the fuck are you even here? It's like the one fucking reason you bother going to your boyfriend or girlfriend's gatherings; The people are weird, but the food is great. You drink other people's wine and beer, you eat the food they prepared, you avoid saying anything stupid, make people laugh, and have a good time.

Deport Picky People. Make America Great again.
>>
>>7233198

According to your logic all, or at least the majority of, vegetarians are intelligent people who have put lots of thought into their life choices and can produce cogent reasons for leading an alternative lifestyle.

Leave your house once in awhile. It's not true.
>>
>>7233199
>everything
not everything, just an amount.
saying they aren't the adventurous eater they say they are simply because they're a vegetarian and that instead they're a pick eater is bullshit.
>>
>>7233211
you literally have no idea if that's true about the self proclaimed adventurous vegetarian, you're building a straw man to argue about instead of s.p.a.v.
>>
>>7233221

I'm not taking a side in this retarded pissing contest, but let the vegetarian defend himself. What has he eaten that's adventurous?
>>
Fucking vegetarians ruined another thread
>>
>>7233223
That should have been asked at the beginning, but instead they were criticized by a pillar of fucking salt.
>>
>>7233212

Again, a picky eater is someone who obstinately refuses to eat a particular kind of food (and in extreme cases will act like they're going to vomit or otherwise throw a tantrum if you ask them to try a bite).

I'm not a big fan of zucchini. I've had some amazing zucchini, but it usually falls flat for me. I'll still always eat it, especially if someone else is serving it to me. That's called having preferences, but not being a picky eater.

Someone who outright refuses to have zucchini on their plate, let alone touching their other food, is a picky eater.

Vegetarians fall into the latter category.
>>
>>7233227
Asshurt reactionaries ruined the thread
>>
>>7233227
Considering that meatheads ruin literally every single veg thread past, present and future, its really not a big deal if vegfags ruin a thread or two (for you) once in a while.

Also, cry moar.
>>
>>7233233
Yeah. All of them. Every. Single. One. You tell them anon
>>
File: 1450065704613.jpg (731KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450065704613.jpg
731KB, 1920x1080px
I just wanted a picky eater story thread.
>>
>>7233239

What are you even trying to say? That not all vegetarians outright refuse to eat meat?
>>
>Be 5
>Be a picky eater
>Only ate Mcnuggies or Mac n Cheese
>Keep this shit up till I was 7
>All the way up to 15 didn't eat anything green
>Uncle forced me to stop being a bitch and try new food, embarrassed me at a restaurant till I ate a stir fry
>now I eat everything except Raw Tomatoes (fuck those things)
Stop babying picky eaters, simple as that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

I laugh every time she starts gagging on the brussel sprout.
>>
>>7233233
>Someone who outright refuses to have zucchini on their plate, let alone touching their other food, is a picky eater.
>Vegetarians fall into the latter category.

Again, you're not considering the reason behind the refusal. Say someone is deathly allergic to peanuts. By your reasoning, they are a picky eater, because they outright refuse to eat peanuts. Picky eaters refuse to eat because they don't like or think they won't like something. Vegetarians may be picky or not, but for most their reasons are independent of whether they like meat or not.
>>
>>7233233
You don't know if they refuse meat dishes, a lot of vegetarians don't, I don't refuse them, I don't give a shit if meat's touched my food either. If you've got duck fat to roast potatoes in then why not, the duck's already dead. This is rational, you're assuming s.p.a.v. is irrational without proof.
>>
>>7232700
>he doesn't like pepper

kill him, he is an alien
>>
File: 1437018644101.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1437018644101.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>7233250

>not liking raw tomatoes

I can't really relate, but I hate shit that tastes very heavily of oregano. I don't mind it if it's subtle, but as a kid my grandma thought good cooking was saturating food in a fuckload of oregano and everything else in the spicerack. She was actually a picky eater too. She never tasted what she made, and if you asked her she'd say "I don't eat that."
>>
>>7233263

Being allergic was already mentioned as an obvious exception in an earlier post, despite the fact that many picky eaters just use that as an excuse.
>>
>>7232968
pepper* talking about black pepper

fuckin' americans are so dumb when it comes to naming food. why make it hard for yourselves?
>>
>>7233247
Not all vegetarians outright refuse to eat meat. If it has to go in the bin instead then it's better to eat it, if it's rude to decline it then it's better to eat it, meat's fucking tasty if you're not adding demand to the meat industry then why the fuck now.
>>
File: 1418487806232.jpg (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1418487806232.jpg
74KB, 400x400px
>>7233266
>You don't know if they refuse meat dishes, a lot of vegetarians don't, I don't refuse them,

Shouldn't a vegetarian by definition refuse meat dishes?
>>
Dont eet da poor aneemullz guise
>>
File: spav.png (67KB, 442x377px) Image search: [Google]
spav.png
67KB, 442x377px
>>7233221
>>7233266

>s.p.a.v.
>>
>>7233278
No
>>
File: 1445587125729.jpg (9KB, 244x315px) Image search: [Google]
1445587125729.jpg
9KB, 244x315px
>>7233287

Then what the fuck is the point?
>>
>>7232960
malnourishment
>>
>>7233287
Can't call yourself a vegetarian if you eat meat.
>>
>Just because you have become a perfect omnivore does not mean that you must flaunt it. Intoxicated with my own accomplishment, I began to misbehave, especially at dinner parties. When seated next to an especially finicky eater, I would often amuse myself by going straight for the jugular. Sometimes I began slyly by staring slightly too long at the food remaining on her plate and then inquiring whether she would like to borrow my fork. Sometimes I launched a direct assault by asking how long she had had her terror of bread. Sometimes I tricked her by striking up an abstract conversation about allergies. And then I would sit back and complacently listen to her neurotic jumble of excuses and explanations: advice from a personal trainer, intolerance to wheat gluten, a pathetic faith in Dean Ornish, the exquisite--even painful--sensitivity of her taste buds, hints of childhood abuse. And then I would tell her the truth.
>>
Daily reminder you're literally dooming your sons to be manlets if you prevent them from drinking milk and eating meat.
>>
>>7233314

>manlets

Fuck off, nobody cares.
>>
>>7233317

My sensors are picking something up, captain!
>>
>>7233295
Not being the cause of the slaughter of an animal.

>>7233311
Sure can. It's not a fundamentalist religion.
>>
>>7233295
>>7233311
Simply refusing a meal isn't the same as throwing a fit like that guy said. In about ninety percent of cases, you can decline to eat meat at a meal and remain perfectly civil
>>
File: 1451083817655.jpg (111KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451083817655.jpg
111KB, 1080x1080px
>>7233317
What's wrong little man?
>>
>>7233321
>Sure can. It's not a fundamentalist religion.

Vegetarians by definition don't eat meat.
>>
>>7233321
So i guess im a vegetarian then
>>
>>7233321
>Not being the cause of the slaughter of an animal.

So if you eat meat without killing it, you're technically a vegetarian? I guess I better tell 90% of the world's population that they're actually vegetarian.
>>
>>7233278
>Shouldn't a vegetarian by definition refuse meat dishes?
People (vegetarians or not) draw different distinctions over what they'll eat and under what circumstances. I consider myself a vegetarian, but if meat was my only option to meet my caloric or nutritional needs, I'd eat it. This sort of question sometimes arises with prisoners, and the same reasoning for exceptions is used for many religious food rules (e.g. people who are weak & ill don't have to fast for Ramadan).
>>
>>7233340
>The cause of the slaughter of an animal, not the animal you eat. When you buy meat more meat replaces it, you add a demand to the industry and an animal is slaughtered in your name.

Let me get this straight. If I have you over for dinner, and I made chicken or beef or some other animal, it's okay for you to eat it as long as you didn't pay for it? Isn't that really fucking hypocritical?
>>
>>7233321

So you're just someone who tries to avoid eating meat as much as possible.

You were getting defensive and calling everyone ignorant because you represent 1% of vegetarians, and most people in your situation (which I understand as an ethical one, and probably also has something to do with having issues with the state of industrial agriculture, which most omnivores also have issues with...) wouldn't even self-identify as vegetarian.
>>
>>7233340
>a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, or, in some cases, any food derived from animals, as eggs or cheese, but subsists on vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc.
>>
As long as you aren't hurting anyone, eat what you want. Non-human animals don't count as "anyone", by the way.
>>
>>7233175
>kebabs for immediate removal
heh
>>
>>7233345
What difference does it make if I eat it or throw it away to the meat industry? We can't get that chicken back, it would be a waste with no benefit not to eat it.

>>7233348
I feel like I'm in the majority to be honest, I don't know anybody that doesn't think in a similar way who identifies as a vegetarian.

>>7233351
What the fuck do I call myself then?
We can't have a new word for every person, this isn't tumblr.
>>
>>7233364

>this window will close in 3 seconds
>>
>>7233364
>What difference does it make if I eat it or throw it away to the meat industry? We can't get that chicken back, it would be a waste with no benefit not to eat it.

That is some top-tier mental gymnastics.
>>
>>7233364
Are you 16? A retard? Don't know what words mean? Why is summer here so early?
>>
>>7233369
How is it mental gymnastics? What good does dumping it in the bin do? At least if you eat it then there was some reason in its death.
>>
>>7233364
If nobody buys it from the store the store just throws it in the dumpster and orders some more. You aren't saving a single animal. But if it makes you feel good...
>>
>>7233375
For what reason am I being called these things?

>>7233379
If nobody buys it from the store then the store orders less meat.
>>
File: 1450909337060.jpg (10KB, 225x255px) Image search: [Google]
1450909337060.jpg
10KB, 225x255px
>>7233376
So then it's okay to eat meat? Because otherwise the animals will have died for no reason.
>>
>>7233385
No because you'd be creating demand. If you're not creating demand then there's no harm, but that only happens when the alternative is it's going in the bin.
>>
>>7233383
>If nobody buys it from the store then the store orders less meat.

Nah, grocery stores throw away tons of meat and still keep ordering it. There will never be enough vegetarians in the world to make any difference whatsoever.
>>
>>7232991
pensioner means old person in British slang
>>
>>7233364

>i don't know anybody that doesn't eat already dead animal flesh when it's offered to them while identifying themselves as vegetarians

So you're just a troll, just like in every other veg thread. There's a reason anons are hostile to people like you on /ck/.
>>
>>7233393

So it's okay to let them die for no reason, unless someone else pays for it, in which case they're a horrible immoral killing monster and you're the moral white knight saving the animal carcass from a destiny of oblivion. Do you really wonder why no one takes vegetarians seriously?
>>
>>7233395
I think we do make a difference to how much meat supermarkets order

>>7233402
but it's fucking logical

>>7233403
I'm not ok for them to die for no reason, I don't understand where you're getting this from.

Above all else I try not to create a demand for animals to be slaughtered, that's it, that's the one thing. If I didn't want to fund coca cola but I was given a bottle (and I didn't have the choice to give it away) then I'd drink it, throwing it away makes nothing better.
>>
>>7232700
Why is your little brother a stranger to you?
>>
>>7233417
Then find another word, because you're using "vegetarian" incorrectly.
>>
>>7233421
You're going to go nuts when you find out that some vegetarians eat fish.
>>
>>7233422

Not him, but I knew that one. I don't understand the disconnect between fish and meat that they and catholics have. I had one try to explain to me why fish is okay but other meat isn't and it just sounded like a retarded justification.
>>
>>7233417

>it's fucking logical

It's reasonable, sure.

Just stop saying you're representative of the majority of vegetarians, because you aren't.

I've been eating less and less meat, simply because I don't always feel the need to have it, and there's plenty of other things I like eating. I wouldn't call myself a vegetarian though, even if I had strong enough feelings about killing animals and factory farming to push me further in that direction or to just use as a justification if it ever came up in conversation. I eat what I want, and someone who needs to have a slab of meat on their plate is just as ridiculous as someone who refuses to.
>>
>>7233422

Those are pescatarians .

Not everyone with a restrictive diet is a vegetarian.
>>
Shit I found what I am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_vegetarianism
>the Buddha allowed his monks to eat pork, chicken and fish if the monk was aware that the animal was not killed on their behalf.
You have to be careful people don't start buying meat for you though, it's got to be an unpreventable eat it or bin it situation

>>7233430
It's about how far you're willing to go. You balance the guilt you're willing to feel with how convenient or tasty the animal is. Fish are pretty stupid, insects might not even feel pain or really be aware what's happening. If you wanted to be perfect you'd have to immediately kill yourself.

>>7233433
Fine ok I thought I was but if you're so sure I'm not then I guess I'm a special snowflake.

>>7233440
That is the technical term but most seem to call themselves vegetarians.
>>
>>7233450

>i found what I am

Once again, /ck/ turns another lonely soul into a Buddhist.

Pack it up, boys, our work here is done!
>>
>>7233461
How did you know I was lonely?
>>
File: welcome home.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
welcome home.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>7233468
You're on /ck/.
>>
>>7233468

It's probably either because you claimed to represent most vegetarians, which was an immediate sign that you don't actually know anybody, let alone other vegetarians, or that you've been posting in this thread for the past three hours.
>>
>>7233326
Sauce please.
>>
>>7233490
>immediate sign that you don't actually know anybody
>past three hours

oh god
>>
>>7233321
What's wrong with supporting the trade of free-range meat, thus encouraging the breeding of animals who live long, healthy lives? I guess you're going to tell us people who eat free-range are vegetarians now too.
>>
>>7233145
I dont understand. He wont eat the tomato, but he WILL eat the tomato?
>>
>>7233500
yeah it's better than factory farmed animals alright
but please
spare me I'm spent
>>
>>7233500

I've talked to vegetarians I think even zoos should be abolished.

I asked what will happen to the chickens when the meat industry is gone and there are no more zoos to protect endangered species.

I was told something along the lines of, "nature finds a way".
>>
>>7233507
Presumably "tomato sauce" means ketchup, and ketchup basically tastes like vinegar and sugar.
>>
>>7233512

*who think
>>
>>7233512
Did this man have an athletic black daughter?
>>
>>7233515
Fucking gross
>>
>>7233525

I hate you for making me type this out, but that was actually his wife's daughter.
>>
A vegetarian relative once tried to gross me out of my meal by going on about where the meat came from. Like I'm not going to win that fight, I'm the one slicing it up and putting it in my face.
>>
File: no more no more.jpg (29KB, 375x266px) Image search: [Google]
no more no more.jpg
29KB, 375x266px
>>7233545
>>
>>7233511

>spare me I'm spent

Leave it to the vegetarian to have to go lay down after responding to a dozen posts on a mongolian grill flat top board.
>>
>>7232700
>Have a friend that will only eat chicken nuggets, corn dog and fries
>Throw a bitchfit every time we go out to eat because we don't invite him.
I mean what does he want us to do? We can only eat so much McDonald and corner fast food joint food before wanting something else.
>>
>>7233563
Asl?
>>
>>7232784
Same here.
>>
>>7233511
You could argue it's more ethical than not eating meat. You are supporting their survival as a species and their health as individuals, something of which they would have guarantee in the wild, and which improves the quality of the end product.
>>
>>7233610

I got a friend like that. Whenever we go out it's either a "plain burger" with only the meat on bread or a well-done steak. My aunt is the same way. I even asked her what would happen if there was no food to eat aside from stuff she hated and her response was legitimately "I would rather starve."
>>
This fucking thread fuck off veg and anti-veg autists. Anyway.

>Be in an American airport
>In the queue to get a sandwich
>Listening to a guy ordering
>"Ah I'll just have the turkey on whitebread"
>"Ok sir any salad with that?"
>"No, it's for a kid"
>Gestures at little fatling that was at least 10 yo

no hope for Americans when people perpetuate a "salad is for adults" meme.
>>
>>7233721

We don't have "queues" in America, and nobody tries to upgrade you to a side salad at a fucking sandwich stand, even in bong land.
>>
>>7233721
Shit that never happened II: Eccentric Hulahoop
>>
>>7232757
>hypochondriac pain in the ass
"retard" is the word you're looking for
>>
>>7233734
What do you fucking call them then? He meant salad in the sandwich. The guy bought just a bit of turkey in between two piece of whitebread.
>>
>>7233837

>he meant salad in the sandwich

No, he didn't.
>>
>>7233837
>He meant salad in the sandwich

No one in the US asks if you want "salad" in your sandwich.

This entire story is clearly fictitious.
>>
>>7232796
It's kinda weird but a lot of people use cottage cheese in lasagna because it's cheaper than ricotta
>>
>>7233873
>>7233867
>>7233784
>>7233734

>I'm a meme expert and no one can stop me
>>
My younger sister doesn't like mint because its "too spicy".

She's eaten actual spicy food just fine.

Because of this, she's 14 years old and still using the shitty pink "cupcake" flavored toothpaste that tastes like flavored lip gloss
>>
>>7233933

YOU TAKE THAT BACK THAT TOOTHPASTE IS AMAZING
>>
>>7232712
Wait wait, how would I use this? I want to like olives buf they taste like ass to me every single time. Do I have to have like a schedule set up for eating them? Every day at 3 or something along those lines??? Please anon help
>>
>>7232854
blackest*
Black people are fucking terrible at handling spice
>>
>>7233917

>i made up a story where everyone in america is fat and stupid, just like they told me on off hours /ck/, except that everyone speaks bong
>i'm not lying, you're just spouting memes!
>>
>>7232700
>Went to taco bell one time
>Order a quesadilla
>Loaded with very bad black pepper
>So much so that my stomach turned up with knots after one bite
>Pain was unbearable

That experience ruined black pepper or me forever
>>
Ejaculated my semen to my wifes mouth, she puked it all out. What a fucking spoiled bitch
>>
File: 1449470844059.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449470844059.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>7233246
Me too anon
>>
>>7233959
For foods I don't like, I took a gradual process of introduction.

Eg mushrooms.

Started eating oriental ramen (basically mushroom flavoured), eg the base flavour. incorporating it more and more into food.

Then moved on to finely chopped/minced mushrooms incorporated more and more predominantly as I got used to it

work my way up until now I can nearly eat all whole mushrooms. Still working on raw and still working on preparing them myself, I have to buy cut ones because they still skeeve me.

I hope this helps.
>>
>>7232784
Funny how onions work isn't it? Don't like them in bug, raw chunks but they're good otherwise
>>
>>7234541
Raw onions are pretty good on burgers senpai. Sliced against the root, so it's in circles.
>>
>>7232784
I'm the same way with mushrooms. If I don't know it has mushrooms I'll eat it but if I can see them or I know they're in there I won't touch it.
>>
>>7232851
>make it your way

Bit of an extreme example.
>>
>>7232968
>>7232732
Why fuck wouldn't you just call "bell peppers" paprikas and the powder paprika powder instead of coming up with retarded shit so stuff like this happens
>>
>>7234631
Because they're chili peppers, it's just that their chili level is 0
>>
>>7233364
>What the fuck do I call myself then?
A picky eater :^)
>>
>>7234525
Any tips on how to incorporate olives into my food? I can handle small slices on pizza or a salad, but a big slice or a whole one always fucks me up. It's been years, too. Are they just too strong? Is that what's making it take its sweet ass time?
>>
>>7233837
That's called a "dressed sandwich."
>>
Just stopped in to say that vegetarians are definitely picky eaters, and it's funny that he's all butthurt about it.
>>
>Aunt doesn't eat anything she "doesn't like," particularly those things she's never fucking tried before

This literally triggers me like no other. I usually hate faggots that are too picky, but being picky for something you've never tried is retarded.
>>
Am I a picky eater for not liking reheated food from the microwave?

It just...doesn't taste the same.
>>
>>7235527
Only if you would refuse it from someone or throw your leftovers away because you don't want to reheat them.

Being picky is about being intolerant to things which aren't your favourite.
>>
>>7234635
Oh what great reasoning, let's just call all chili peppers pepper.
>>
>>7233326
sauce?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 444x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 444x337px
I'll post one from a dinner I made before New Years

>decide to make Sheperds Pie for a dinner
>all my ingredients are fresh
>make the pie and it comes out perfect
>dinner being served
>everyone loves it
>then my dad chimes in
>"anon does this have lamb?"
>I laugh and say yes because it's a SHEPERDS PIE
>pushes dish away and says to me "why would you put lamb in a sheperds pie!"
>mfw
>>
>>7235575
>sheperds
>shepherds
Choose one you absolute belter.
>>
>>7235580
Typo anon my bad. Don't turn this around you cunt waffle.
>>
>>7232700
dont fucking feed them
make it a potluck
>>
whenever a picky eater asks if you used a certain ingredient, always say no. even it's really obvious that you did use it.
>>
>>7235589
3 times is not a typo.
>>
>>7235699
>he doesn't know about autocorrects retarded "fixes"

Are you seriously an undiagnosed retarded person?
>>
>>7235742

>mobile user

Confirmed for teenager bored in high school class.

Pay attention to your work you future furniture salesman.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 265x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 265x355px
>>7235766
>nobody ever browses the web on phones

I love your logic.
>>
>>7235742
>i got called out and now i'm changing the subject to safe face

yah nah ur a cunt m8
>>
File: 198854444709.jpg (289KB, 1080x525px) Image search: [Google]
198854444709.jpg
289KB, 1080x525px
>>7235785

Not an adult with access to a computer, no.

Pay attention or you'll get suspended.
>>
>>7232875

>likes to experiment with strange shit
>vegetarian

pick one

your sister is cooler than you
>>
>>7233971

Creole and southern cooking don't exist then?
>>
>>7235795
Im an adult with three laptops and a tablet and I am at home right now on my phone,does this bover yoo?
>>
>>7235804

>candied cactus
>mystery ass-smelling asian fruit
>natto
>>
>>7235853
If staring into a tiny screen floats your boat, so be it. I can't use anything with just a single screen, can't get enough work done with just one or a 50+ inch monitor.
>>
>>7235853

>I'm an adult
>here's all the expensive shit I own to prove it

Pay attention to your teacher.
>>
>>7232700
It's funny OP, how unintentionally pertinent your pic is to what the thread actually become.
>>
>>7233262
desu, they are the least tasty vegetable possible.
this pig still belongs in a stable.
>>
>>7232700
>MFW I exclusively hate peppers and onions but love tons of other vegetables
>People bit cheaper about me not liking onions but then turn around and love it when I eat new dishes they shit out of their imagination
>>
>>7236004
Fucking auto correct about *people bitch about me
>>
>>7233266
>s.p.a.v.
I don't know what kind of hugbox you come from but I kindly suggest that you remain there and don't come out and bother us normal decent people who are used to a more normal people, especially if you're trying to force a meme of some sort.
>>
>>7232918
Problem is, she's a picky eater. Are you even paying attention?
>>
>>7236150

>she's a picky eater

Well that would be the deal breaker.
>>
>>7232732
This post is so retarded it has to be bait, but il bite.

1. He ment Black Pepper, not the vegitable paprika/bell pepper.
2. Lasagne is NOT meant to be made with cheese sauce you retarded fucking numbskull of domestic breeding, you use Béchamel sauce. Then you put a layer of cheese on top of the lasagne.

3. Becaus of point 1 and 2 you have lost ALL your rights to complain about "muh authentic".

4. Its spelled LasagnE, not LasagnA, you fucking retarded faggot.
>>
File: 1430191066018.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1430191066018.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>7232851
>>
>>7232893
They are both picky eaters. The either one doesnt want to eat meat, the other doesnt want to eat veggies. It has nothing to do with anyone being a vegitarian nor a meat-eater, its about them actively choosing not to eat something becaus they dont want too. Its their right to do so, but its also our right to call them Picky eaters for doing so. Stop trying to make this into a "hurr durr muh vegan-hate-debate!", becaus it only makes you look butthurt and retarded.
>>
>>7232851
>tells me to put my rubber gloves into the toaster next to the sandwich
>say OK
>it comes out smelling like melting rubber
>he sniffs the air and declares it delicious

I'm picturing this scene in my head it's just so god damned funny lol
>>
>>7232896
I'm pretty sure porn actresses are cleaner than typical sexually active adults, considering the amount of testing they have to get to play parts. Also the fact that people are embarrassed when they have an std and don't go to the doctor
>>
>>7232999
>>you have to eat strange shit to get proper nourishment if you're a vegetarian
>sounds like they're attacking vegetarianism, unless saying you don't get proper nourishment from something is praising? Is it?

I know I'm late to the party, but holy shit calm down. He wasn't praising OR attacking vegetarianism, he was making a fucking statement. Stop seeing things in black and white. You're being ridiculous. THIS is why people hate vegetarians and vegans; it's not because you don't eat meat, it's because so many of you have this completely unwarranted victim complex. Meat eaters are not out to get you. We wouldn't complain if you would just leave us the fuck alone.
>>
>>7233492
>>7235565
Looks more like a dry rub.
>>
>>7232893

>implying he only eats meat

die
>>
>be me
>fat
>go to buffet with family
>eat all the foods, try new things
>enjoy the muscles, crab, sushi, etc
>brothers only eat chicken balls, pizza, and fries
>cry inside

a buffet is an invitation to try new things, man
>>
>>7232893
>>gets angry
What is it with people on this site mistaking counter arguments for anger?
I can understand if you're unable to discuss anything without getting emotionally upset over different points of view, but that doesn't hold true for everyone else.
>>
>>7236495
It's nothing to get upset about, man.
>>
>>7234378
I know that feel. Seriously, what the shit?
>>
>>7234906
have you tried different varieties? I always used to hate the taste but like the idea, started eating kalamata black ones not in brine, and now I like black olives enough to eat them straight out the jar. Still not too fussed about green but I don't mind them
>>
>>7232784
onions are a culinary crutch imo. 90% of the time the just cover up a lack of flavor in the dish rather than complementing it.
>>
>>7236616

When 90% of the world disagrees with you it should be apparent that you are just making rationalizations for being a picky eater.
>>
>>7234573
I always know if something has mushrooms or not. Shit feels like meat, but wrong. Almost as bad as tofu. I love mushroom sauces, flavors, all that shit. Just don't put chunks of it in my food.
>>
>>7236616
You're retarded man.
>>
>>7236649
>Shit feels like meat, but wrong.
I remember my sister trying to go vegetarian for a bit, got a portabello "steak" and complained about the texture being wrong. At the time I found it funny because I hated mushrooms for the same reason. Now I like them.

>Almost as bad as tofu.
I've never had tofu that was trying to be meat, but I like me some tofu.

And now a story of someone I know.
>Family going to chinese restaurant
>Everyone orders dishes to share around, family style
>Younger cousin comes with because she and my sister are friends
>Refuses to eat anything besides white rice
That being said, she might still have had the most authentic Chinese meal.
>>
>>7233688
>I would rather starve
People say that now, but hunger is a funny fellow. I think a lot of people just haven't experienced hunger enough to know how they would act. It really bothers me because if you make them hungry enough, people will straight up eat sawdust, dirt, and OTHER PEOPLE. I figure somewhere around the 3-5 day mark those mustard greens or grilled crickets or whatever would probably look real fucking tasty.
>>
>>7232712
>most babies will accept anything after 8 or 9 tries

>anything
>>
>>7232851
I feel for ya, but thats hilarious
>>
>>7236616
>Salt is a crutch, It covers up lack of flavor instead of complementing it
>>
>>7235941
>can't get enough work done
>on 4chan
What are you, a janitor? Do you do it for free?
>>
>>7232732
>sauce
What do you think goes in the sauce, shitdick? Get back to your fast food threads.
>>
>>7236616
Check out this fucking hipster
>>
>>7233321
You're a self serving egotist who likes to have his cake and eat it too.
>the animal is already dead so who cares why waste it?
What kind of ass backward logic is that? You clearly benefit from the death of the animal and are doing fuck all to stand in the way of meat industry standards backsliding into inhumane farming practices. Your justifying logic is that it's too late.
>>7233383
That's cute. No it doesn't work that way. A bad week or hell even a bad month won't stop the store from investing in the highest profit seller they have. It's vital to everyone's diet, and can even equate to a status symbol or treat. They'll toss it or put it on special and it will sell at a reduced price likely still turning a profit.

>>7233417
>I'm not ok for them to die for no reason, I don't understand where you're getting this from.

>Above all else I try not to create a demand for animals to be slaughtered, that's it, that's the one thing.

Then don't eat it at all you tit. Eating meat as you explained you do is a violation of the basic meaning of vegetarian especially one who feels the need to present a moral high ground. You're an activist and a piss poor one at that.

>I eat meat processed in the same places I deride because I also won't waste.

You have likely never starved to a point of needing to eat the thing you lambaste, but do it anyway because, why not? Hypocrite
>>
File: 1401141699272.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1401141699272.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>7232732

>Lasagna is suppsoed to be made with cheese sauce and meat, that's it.

Guaranteed replies.
>>
>>7233207
>milk-toast
>>
>>7237669
Shh, don't tell him. It's funnier if they go their entire lives not knowing.
>>
I hate birthday cake and cupcakes.
And the last two times I had ice cream I puked my brains out so I'm done with that.
>>
>>7232918
http://www.4chan.org/faq

>announcing that you've saged a thread may result in a ban.
>>
>>7237695

Replying to, or making a post that is off-topic is the entire point of sage, stupid...
>>
File: 1451032235078.jpg (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451032235078.jpg
128KB, 800x600px
I shit you not, my little sister's friend absolutely refuses to drink water. She only drinks apple juice.
>>
>>7237716
I only started drinking water when I started drinking alcohol and doing drugs. I'm clean now and drink only water, so I guess it turned out alright.
>>
>>7237716
We really need to learn that sometimes it is appropriate to spank our children.
>>
>>7237724
Good job, anon.
>>
>>7236483

this is what I don't get when I go to buffets with people. Most don't try anything and don't decide to go out of their norms at all.

What really grinds my gears though is the people who stack one food on their plate and do that for one round. That's not the point of the buffet, go to mcdonalds for fuck sake and stack the fries on.
>>
The only things I won't eat are eggplant, black coffee, and kale. The bitter gets to me. Makes my back shiver. I think I might actually be autistic.
>>
>tfw I'm a picky eater
I don't mean to be but so many foods seem really disgusting to me
>>
>>7238002
Grab yourself by the balls and overcome that bullshit. It's pathetic.
>>
>>7232765
tfw actually allergic to pepper and everyone tries to kill me with it because 'it brings out the flavor'
>>
>>7233418
Maybe there was a big enough age difference that OP left before his brother was off breast milk?

My dad has cousins that are old enough to be his father, my mom's 20 years younger than her oldest sister. She was still working on the alphabet when her sister graduated from college.
>>
>>7233552
Philosophy prof told me about milk fed veal. I told him that the suffering tastes better than any spice.
>>
>>7238033
Now that's what I call edgy.
>>
File: AC022838l.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
AC022838l.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>7237716
I refused most liquids when I was little (like four) until my parents made liquids amusing (put it in a clean syringe and let me have a grand ol' time)

pic related
>>
>>7237976
You should try fish fragrant eggplant. It's not bitter at all.
>>
>>7236252
You're a fucking retard.

Singular: lasagna
Plural: lasagne

Basic Italian you pretentious in
/b/red.
>>
>>7238309
Pasta types are not usually referred to in the singular, though, since we rarely eat just one of them. Spaghetti, penne etc.
>>
>>7232796
>>7232798

Proper lasagna is bechemel and meat sauce not ricotta that is a wierd invention i have not heard of it in europe..
>>
>>7232784
I want to like onions, but goddamn, I just have ridiculous amount of aversion to the texture. Like when I cook something that absolutely requires onions, I tend to simply quarter an onion and remove it.

How to like more onions?
>>
File: tobadsosad.jpg (24KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
tobadsosad.jpg
24KB, 639x480px
>>7233069
tell that to a dying man who's going into anaphylactic shock, im sure he'll perk right up cunt
>>
>>7238410
mince as finely as possible or put them in a food processor/blender. if you're sauteing them, they probably need more time than you think. start them on medium high heat and lower once you notice them starting to brown, because they have a lot of water trapped inside.

i love onions, i eat them with pretty much every meal but if they aren't prepared properly they can be terrible. if they're sliced too big in a salad it ruins the salad, but thin sliced onion is amazing in salad and sandwiches.

if you don't have a good knife and cutting board, and you just chop up onions with a steak knife on a dinner plate you won't be able to mince them finely.
>>
>>7232712
>>7232875
>>7233959
>>7236919
yes, it works that way. let's say, i don't like olives. i try one, a year later i try another, few weeks later i eat another one or even few maybe. then i realise they are not so bad with cheese and wine or as a pizza topping or something. and then i can say, i like olives.

kids usually like sweet or even bland things, maybe a feew salty or greasy like potato chips or fries, but when you get older and you're not a freakin' faggot, you try new food, new tastes, new things, and if you're not a stupid american kid like op's brother or his >>7232875 sister, you would prefer healthy tasty food, no just a steak, fries, burgers, pizza or china.

and if you don't like sth, like pepper or onion, you just pick those things up and leave them on a plate, don't throw everyfuckinthing away to the garbage, it's a waste of time, money and environment, do i have to explain that to you, really?
>>
I'll try anything once. Literally anything. I'll try pufferfish I don't even give a fuck.

Give me raw octopus, or the dreaded durian.

What I want to try the most however, are spicy insects, Thai market stall style. Something that is savoury, crispy and scorching hot. Like crickets.

God, fuck yes. All this picky eater bullshit is just autism, I really can not wrap my head around it. Why not experience everything life has to offer you? Not liking something is fine, but if you don't try it at least once (preferably a couple of times) then you're an irredeemable autist and I have little respect for you.
>>
it's a fucking bechamel sauce

butter, flour, milk and plenty of italian cheese

get the fuck out of here with your cottage cheese, what's wrong with you
>>
>>7238489
jestes Polakiem?
>>
>>7238492
bechamel suace isn't made of cheese, it's made of butter, flour, milk, salt, black pepper and nutmeg.

you lay a bit of bechamel sauce or olive oil first, then lasagne pasta shits, ragu sauce, bechamel sauce, some cheese - preferably mozzarella or parmigiano regiano or grana padano or even freakin' ricotta, but NOT the cottage cheese. next you go the same - pasta, ragu, bechamel, cheese. the top layer is pasta, bechamel and cheese. it's not difficult, you just don't put anything american in it.

watch gennaro contaldo on yt or antonio carlucci and you'll learn.
>>
>>7238309
No you fucking retarded hatebreeding shitfucker. Lasagna is singular in NON-italian languages, basic fucking english.
>>
>>7233933
My boyfriend is 19 and uses Bubble Guppy toothpaste.
>>
>>7238926
Ha what a fag
>>
>>7238476
I did that with olives. I didn't like them, so I forced myself to have one every time they showed up until I got used to it, and now I have an additional thing I enjoy.
>>
>>7232722
i noticed that my nephew was one of those kids who didnt like the taste of plain old water, which seemed utterly retarded at first. but i noticed the water from their sink tasted chemically/thick, so i couldnt downright blame him.

i also took a sip from his lunchables waterbottle before he added the koolaid powder and it had that same chemical thickness to it. im worried for kids who live in shit areas who get addicted to soda and flavorings because their water is really nasty
>>
>>7238926

Have you considered not preying on younger men?
>>
>>7232851
Having to go through that would send me into a dark, dark place.
>>
>>7234525

My favourite mushroom. You should try it.
>>
>>7232784
you're an asshole
>>
>>7234541

I can eat em like apples. Love em
>>
File: 1428678101253.jpg (112KB, 700x844px) Image search: [Google]
1428678101253.jpg
112KB, 700x844px
ITT: Human garbage dumpsters brag about the garbage they eat
>>
>>7232722
I had a bad home lif growing up, add shit food all the time because of a bad mother. When I went over my dads he would try to feed me good food as much as possible. He's a great cook and my step mom is good too. I didn't like a lot of fruits, fish, nuts, and veg because almost zero exposure to it.

They let me sit at the dinner table with broc on my plate and basically limited desserts and other way to at least get me to try things.

When I passed 11 i lived with them full time and things were way better. I still just cant eat some stuff but at the very least I can count those individual things on my hand.

My cousin is 16 and only eats garbage, he reminds me of me when I was 9 and it makes me furious. The mother is an enabler and the father yells at him and her and just ends up pushing him to eat more.
>>
File: roasted-vegetables[1].jpg (177KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
roasted-vegetables[1].jpg
177KB, 1600x1067px
Former picky eater here, don't give up on us. Some of us will turn around. How I got over it was that I would eat a piece of meat/whatever food I liked and then eat a small piece of whatever veggie was with it so I wouldn't "feel" it in my mouth. Over time I decreased the amount of meat/whatever food I liked and increased the veggie until I would eat it by itself.

BTW roasted veggies in olive oil are GOAT.
>>
>>7232780
I get this, soft food with no flavour like rice and boiled/mashed potatoes aren't good.

Similarly rice and bananas make me gag, I do try eating them occasionally though.
>>
>>7233276
Sorry, but your not a vegetarian if you will eat meat.
>>
>>7232700
>Not the first time it happened either

So how do you manage to make the same mistake twice?
>>
>>7238410
I also hate onions in food, and I used to be phobic towards it earlier in my life. It was only because of the texture, not the taste though ..so here is what I did/ do:
I used a grater/shredder to shred the onions in to a fine squishy mash, and then put it in a small cloth above the pot with the food in it, and press the juices down

or

I would cut the onions into small bits, put them in a garlic press and press the juices directly into the cooking pot. (slower process than the above)

or

Make 2 cross cuts on an onion, but don't cut through ...so the onion can basically hold its shape. Put the large onion into the pot you intend to cook in, and let it stay till the food is done, then you can take the onion out of the pot with a spoon.

or

If you plan to fry something, make 2 cuts on one large onion, so it slices into 4 pieces ...peel off the large layers and remove the thin skin on them. Place the onions on the frying pan and cook whatever you want on them, and when the food is done, remove the onions pieces.
----------------------

I am aware that there are more advanced kitchen tools for pressing out onion juice, but I like to keep mine simple...
>>
I'm fussy. I can't drink wine. I try it every time I eat a meal, but the aftertaste doesn't agree with me.

I wish I liked wine, but I don't :( I'll keep trying though
>>
So what's the deal with picky eaters?

They've never been in situations where they have to be less picky?
>>
>>7232780
so you can't eat soup?
>>
>>7232700
I'll be honest and say I'm kind of a faggot because I can't stand raisins but I like all the other dried fruit I've tasted. Also, I can't stand regular sweet fruits. Tart fruits, like strawberries and granny smith apples, however, I love.
My older brother is another case. He orders the same pizza nearly every day and only likes two vegetables: potatoes and corn.
>>
>>7242530
>>7242530
There's a difference between not liking wine (reasonable) and refusing to eat anything cooked with wine in (kill yourself) the former is just a personal taste.
>>
>>7237716

is...is she okay? that sounds really unhealthy, like, morbidly unhealthy
>>
>>7242339
bite and chew the banana and that won't happen.
>>
>>7233326
>>7233492
>>7235565

Mia Sand, she's only 5'6"
>>
>>7243749
Your brother is a faggot. You have decent taste. I'm sure you could find a way to like sweeter fruits, if they were cooked in the right way. I dislike dried fruits myself, I've never enjoyed them in a dish but I imagine I could.
>>
>>7243838
This needs to be reiterated and stated more strongly, because a lot of people don't seem to be getting it.

There is nothing wrong with not liking the taste/texture of something, and avoiding it (Ex. I don't like apples, so I tend to avoid them; but if I'm a guest and someone offers one to me, I'll eat it).

The autism kicks in when you're fucking ridiculous about it.
>>
>>7232700
Putting black pepper on a dish that doesn't call for it.
Waaaa why can't people like my cooking.
>>
>>7238926
How are you not embarrassed?

>>7240592
I love making tea out of these niggas. Take it in a thermos to the park with my girl.
>>
>>7238504
Nein
>>
Grew up being told I'm a picky eater. Once I moved out, I continually tried different things, now I enjoy most foods. Turns out, some kids go picky because their parents can't into cooking decently.

>dad barbequed steaks once
>entire outside is covered in at least 1mm of carbon char
>slice that shit off
>"Jesus anon, what are you gonna do when you get older? Gonna be a picky fuck forever?"
>could never tell if it was just me who found the taste of thick carbon deposit absolutely puke-inducing
>>
>>7244540
>Putting black pepper on a dish that doesn't call for it.

Black pepper can go on virtually everything you faggot. Do you even cook or are you part of le epin reddit migration?
>>
>>7244507
>>7233326
>she's only 5'6
What a tiny kitchen
>>
>>7244640
>not appreciating the subtle flavors of thick carbon deposit
You keep telling yourself that, Mr. Picky.
>>
>>7244640
1mm sounds very thin
>>
File: 6.jpg (124KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
124KB, 500x667px
>>7238926
>he's a bubble guppy fag

Who /thomasthetankengine/ here?

>select all images of pizza
>vacuum cleaner
>>
>>7246617
Not with burnt food it's not.
>>
>>7244640

you're like the people who blot pizza with paper napkins

it's logical, it makes sense, and there's no reason for anyone to get upset over it

but people like me do

and we're very much not okay with it. Deal with it.
>>
File: 1447315140541.jpg (38KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1447315140541.jpg
38KB, 604x437px
>>7246797

>Implying a steak with a good sear should be completely charred on the outside
>>
>>7232875
That's a simple explanation, since you're vegetarian you have the full on gay gene. Gays are known to put strange shit in their mouths.
>>
>>7232918
straight up cuck
>>
>>7233266
>Attention seeking vegetarian (that eats meat?)
>persecution complex
>" s.p.a.v. " ??

I think it's time for you to leave.
>>
>>7233321
>vegetarian for animal rights reasons
God damn you are the worst type of person.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.