[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poaching eggs in baked beans. Just invented this today. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 4353473.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
4353473.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Poaching eggs in baked beans. Just invented this today. What do you lads think? :v)
>>
>>7231909
I'm thinking good idea, m8.
How'd they turn out?
>>
Looks like poverty shakshuka
>>
literally why
>>
eww
>>
>>7231909
Been doing it for years m9, welcome to the club

Btw try sautéing some onions and maybe bacon before heating up he beans, also mix in some worcestershire and molasses, tastes way fucking better than plain beans.
>>
/ck/ is poverty
>>
>>7231909
i just throw in a ton of spices. mate at uni would whisk in an egg and it was revolting so no thank you, i'll cook my eggs separately
>>
File: creasserole.jpg (94KB, 638x426px) Image search: [Google]
creasserole.jpg
94KB, 638x426px
>>7231931
this? poverty? mate you haven't seen my "creole casserole"
>>
File: 1421946965352.jpg (31KB, 288x316px) Image search: [Google]
1421946965352.jpg
31KB, 288x316px
>>7231909

You goddamn dirty animal....
>>
>>7231990
Hey my dog made a creole casserole on floor last week.
>>
>>7231990
That looks like what my cat threw up on the patio yesterday.
What the FUCK is in there?
>>
>>7231909
Cooking is experimenting - even though I prefere other dishes I find it great you tried something out!
>>
>>7232021

Get out Racheal Ray.
>>
>>7232008
>>7232009
button mushrooms (0.50$ for the box)
cheap pasta (1$ for 200g)
frozen green beans (1.50$ for 750g bag)
a lot of butter, canola oil and discount cooking cream

that's enough to feed me for a couple of days
>>
>>7231916
That's basically what inspired me.
>>7231926
No results on Google basically, we DaVinci
>>7231915
Beans cook slightly too much by the time eggs are completed, I think I could fix this by using a smaller pan, perhaps adding liquid or external tomato sauce.
>>
>>7232355
>Beans cook slightly too much by the time eggs are completed

How is that possible? Beans take ages to soak and cook. Eggs cook in just a few minutes. You're not using canned beans are you?
>>
>>7232357
>>
>>7232357
Of course he's using canned beans.
>>
>>7232357
>You're not using canned beans are you?
Oh no! Somebody is using canned beans. Call the food police!
>>
>>7231909
No final photo?
>>
>>7231909

its looks like a proper english breakfast.
>>
>>7232429
Didn't think that far. It looked decent though, sauce switches in color and reduces just before the egg is done (still very soft yolk at that point) It was good, though. I wonder what could be used to make it look less disgusting once finished.
>>
>>7231909
holy shit I've done this occasionally

(though I fry some onions in the pan first with a bit of garlic and some chili powder)
>>
>>7232455
Was thinking about garlic for sure, but wanted a plain first test run. Good to hear others have been pioneering the eggs in beans/tomato sauce game.
>>
protip: make sure you put the lid on the pot or pan

it'll cook the tops of the egg whites faster so you don't have to worry as much about overcooking the yolks
>>
>>7232620
That will definitely reduce the beans/sauce from being cooked too agressively while still finishing the eggs.
>>
>>7231909
fookin mint bruv
>>
>>7231909
It seems so wrong but somewhere deep in your gut, you know it's going to be right!
>>
>>7232454
You could sprinkle some chopped chives or parsley as garnish, serve with a hunk of crusty bread. Sounds mint bruv. I think cooking on lower heat should fix your bean problem, but then it sounds like you may be over cooking your egg if you don't want soft yolks
>>
>>7232355
>british poverty shakshuka
call it chavshuka, OP
>>
>>7231909

>just invented this today
>>
>>7233865
I was watching a britbong standup comedian. He was ripping on audience members. He called one guy a chav but apologized and said he was just joking. He didn't apologize for any other insult - not even to the woman he called a slut.
>>
>>7232355
>external tomato sauce.
what
>>
>>7233892
dang. maybe its like our version of cunt. other anglosphere people seem to use it interchangeably with bastard but in the US it literally makes women clap their hands to their mouths and become misty eyed
>>
>>7231990
GAAAAAAG ME WITH A FUCKING SPOON

HOLY FUCK THAT IS DISGUSTING
>>
Fuck thats a good idea op. Something i came up with was to cook your rice in chicken broth (not the dry mix shit) cream or milk, and butter. Delicious plain with some salt on top.
>>
>>7234398
nigga thats halfway to a risotto
>>
>>7234398
Odd... All I've done specially with drive is to put a recently used green tea bag into the water before I start to boil it. It doesn't add that much flavor, but green tea can go damn near anywhere (not just in food and drink) and help out. Or at least not fuck everything up.
>>
Oh hell, I'm going to do this in tomato sauce now. Probably buy a tomato paste so I can play with the thickness of the sauce to keep the eggs in place better. Put that shit on a pasta and fucking forget about it, outta this world.
>>
>>7234398
did you use Knorr Chicken Stock Pot?
>>
>>7234438
Kek

No I used Campbells chicken broth.
>>
>>7231926
>molasses

But then the beans would be sweet. That's just wrong.
>>
>>7232041
there's nothing creole about this shit
>>
>>7231990

So what is it, anon?
>>
>>7234897
>>7234848
>>
>>7232041
Jesus christ, what did you use, like 3 sticks of butter? I thought that was cheese
>>
>>7231909
pretty much eggs in purgatory.
>>
>>7234085
dude, you're on the internet. google it

>Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav

sounds like a lower form of what we call a wigger
>>
>>7231909
>1909 [Reply]▶>>7234931
>Poaching eggs in baked beans.

S/b eggs in refried beans... I think that's called Eggs Veracruz...
>>
>>7234998
never attempt to post again
>>
>>7231916
I love that stuff
>>
File: 1451915170050.jpg (59KB, 513x510px) Image search: [Google]
1451915170050.jpg
59KB, 513x510px
>>7232008
>>
>>7231990

Dude I want to eat that shit, looks delicious.

I'm guessing green beans (could be green peppers), fried onion, cheese, and mushrooms (tho could be beef).

Either way looks like 10/10 philly guts
>>
>>7231909
just vomited in my mouth
>>
>>7234958
you just know that this urbandictionary post was written by some edgy emo faggot in a fedora
>>
>>7234958
i know what it means i was surprised that it was more offensive to someone in an audience than slut. calling someone in the US a wigger or redneck is literally babby's first bantz its not even on the radar. that's why chav being offensive surprises me
>>
>>7231990

I love food that looks like shit but tastes like heaven. This is why I enjoy balkan cuisine.
>>
>>7237933
Agreed. There was a cheap and dirty balkan grill close to where I live that was absolutely delicious, despite the food looking awful.

Was sad when they closed down. Guess not everyone can appreciate inner foodie.
>>
>>7236568
Found the chav.
>>
>>7234958
Britbong here, yeah they're basically that. Most often associated with poor areas with alot of council housing back in the day. Don't here the term too much anymore, but wigga seems to fit for the most part.
>>
>>7231909
OP that is fucking disgusting and gross ...100% would eat again.

Yea my dad invented that 20 years ago too, and eat it a lot for a while. I used to eat a little of it, whenever he made it .... but not too much, because I didn't want to piss off my mom any further..
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.