[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make these tasty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: bella.jpg (11KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
bella.jpg
11KB, 300x199px
How to make these tasty?
>>
Risotto with lotsa butta.
>>
>>6006759
I made cheat's mushroom risotto for dinner tonight.
Quite delicious for minimal time and effort. All of five to eight minutes.
>>
Sauté until most of the water has evaporated. Add soy sauce and garlic. Also you can mince them if you have trouble with the texture.
>>
>>6006746
Remove the stems, chop, mix with chives, shredded parm, some herbs of your choosing, refill, spritz with olive oil, and bake.

Usually what I do when I got them lying around and I need an appetizer.
>>
>>6006778
>any risotto
>5-8 minutes
Either you didn't use arborio rice, you cooked and froze the rice, or you ate a damned crunchy dinner.
>>
File: oysters.jpg (34KB, 425x353px) Image search: [Google]
oysters.jpg
34KB, 425x353px
Mushrooms are already delicious. Clean them and eat them raw. Or prepare them simply, fry them in a bit of butter or oil and sprinkle on some salt and pepper.

Bumble Bee smoked oysters have a recipe for stuffed mushrooms on the package. I use it regularly. People like it.
>>
>>6006787
>chives

Besides these green devils, I like this.

I can't make risotto to save my life :/

also I fucking hate soy sauce.
>>
>>6006800
scallions, or garlic, something mincable and good for saute.
>>
>In some qt girls
>We are discussing what to get on our pizza from justeat
>Mention mushrooms
>She hates them
>Ask why
>She blushes then says they smell like cum
>I completely agree with her
>She's still completely right

Fucking mushrooms, if they weren't so fucking delicious they would be the weirdest food in the world.

Also, remove the stems, slice thin, saute with unsalted butter, add garlic and chive (or mint if you're feeling like a mad cunt) and a little bit of onion. Wait for the fom to form on the onions and then throw some hot water in, then mix it altogether and add no more water
>>
>>6006814
They smell like dirt?
>>
>>6006788
That's why it's cheat's risotto!

Have you ever been to Autogrill? Do they even have them in your country, actually?

Autogrill is a fast-casual restaurant chain similar to the American Chipotle chain. It is common throughout Italy and most of Western Europe.

One of the things they offer is a cheat's risotto, sorta-kinda made to order. It uses already-cooked-then-cooled rice, so it's prepared in a manner similar to Chinese fried rice wherein the aromatics and ingredients are sautéed or stir-fried (in the case of mine this evening, minced onion and sliced mushrooms) first in butter or OO, then a bit of milk and/or stock is added then the cooked-then-cooled rice. I used milk and half a boletus stock cube in mine tonight.
The heat is lowered and the rice is tossed about until it re-absorbs the liquid and turns creamy, after which, it is mixed with the final ingredients (in my case, a bunch of parmigiano, some peas and some pepper and parsley).
While Autogrill uses arborio, I don't. Another reason I call it "cheat's risotto." Of course, a properly made risotto is much better, but for the quickness and convenience of it, this is not at all a bad option.
>>
File: 1388834085217.gif (2MB, 412x229px) Image search: [Google]
1388834085217.gif
2MB, 412x229px
>>6006817
No mate, no
>>
File: 1413575280081.jpg (190KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1413575280081.jpg
190KB, 1600x1067px
>>6006746
Fry in garlic butter, thyme or parsley and serve on sourdough toast
>>
>>6006800
>also I fucking hate soy sauce
Beef broth or chicken stock.

Last time I made mushrooms, I had seared a roast (so the pan had a little fat from that and meat goodness on the pan), and tossed broken up chunks of mushroom in the pan and let them cook down. When they were half cooked, I added a ladle of chicken stock. When that was gone, I added another. I might have done that a third time. Stirred occasionally. Was delicious, ate them plain and in my omelets.
>>
>>6006823
Personally I can't eat them because the smell and taste reminds me of a bad trip I had on shrooms.
>>
>>6006825

oh man that sounds great

Store had a sale on these so I'll try a few things from this thread
>>
i just shower it with salts, and then fry it on pan
but usually i ate those as a side dish tho
>>
>>6006828
>mushrooms
>smelling like psilocybin mushrooms

gg no re
>>
>>6006828
Was it a bad trip because you mistook a bridal shower for a bukkake party?
>>
>>6006788
>Cheat's risotto
Learn to read and Google. I did.
>>
>>6006836
...kinda
>>
>>6006835
They do when you make shroom tea.
>>
File: 1415774244679.gif (1MB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1415774244679.gif
1MB, 180x180px
>>6006838
We all know that feel
>>
>>6006814
>>6006817
It's funny as hell because mushrooms are the genitals of underground plants.
>>
>>6006837
So what I can tell from google, you're making fuckawful risotto by soaking arborio for hours and then baking it and letting it sit?

How the fuck is that 5 minutes and how the fuck is that risotto?
>>
>>6006853
Reverse genitals sure

Mushrooms are actually kinda cool in that respect, one of the species of mushroom is the fastest organism on the planet
>>
>>6006853
mushrooms aren't plants
>>
>>6006864
No. I'm doing as I already explained earlier ITT.
That Googler is not me.
>>
>>6006871
He's right though.

Although your point is right too; we're related more closely to mushrooms than we are plants
>>
>>6006871
Debatable. But you know damned well that the creatures are usually symbiotic and below ground. The individual mushrooms are not separate creatures, but part of the same 'plant'.

>>6006878
Not seeing it, and not honestly sure I care. The most accepted procedure is to cook onions, and sometimes other vegetables, in a fuckton of butter, then add the risotto and stir until the grains are coated with fat, then start adding water (not stock, though stock will work), until done. Then add more fucking butter. Other techniques are usually just rice pudding.
>>
>>6006899
That's nice, but that's a proper risotto and not a cheat's risotto.
>>
>>6006906
I really don't know how to respond to that. I've taken shortcuts before, especially in emergencies. But if I'm cooking for myself I usually go at it as best as can be done.

It may be because google adapts to the user, but I see a bunch of results that are nearly as laborious as actual risotto. What is so damned hard about pouring in liquid every few minutes and stirring for for like ten seconds? Pretty sure I can watch and retain most of a tv show while I cook risotto, switching back and forth.
>>
>>6006921
Or it could be because you didn't read the thread and the part that explains how Anon made cheat's risotto.
>>
>>6006746
Brush with oil. Salt and pepper to taste then grill them over pecan or hickory.
>>
>>6006746
I enjoy them best no stem, chopped and in salad.

You could put them in ravioli minced + cheese and deep fry it
>>
>>6006746
them fuckers are tasty raw
>>
>>6006853
Yeah, the mushroom tip
>>
>>6006899
>mushrooms aren't plants
>Debatable
lol no, not debatable at all. There is literally no argument here.
>>
>>6006746
they already are
>>
>>6006921
No one cares that you know how to cook normal risotto, now fuck off
>>
File: mushroom.jpg (177KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom.jpg
177KB, 1600x1062px
mushroom pie
>>
File: 468u.jpg (258KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
468u.jpg
258KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>6009130
I've never even considered it, but now, I will make one sometime in the near future.
Allow me to present my plan and you tell me if it's total shit or glorious:
Bechamel made from milk flavoured with boletus mushroom stock cube used as a gravy for sliced mushrooms, flavoured with onions and dill, shoved into a hot water crust pastry and baked until delicious.
Thoughts?
>>
>>6006789

my fucking friend brings your pic related over to my house and eats them here all the time. I dont mind the smell, but oysters are gross af.
>>
>>6009157
>boletus mushroom stock cube

total shit.

Instead: Make a roux. Deglaze with stock: Ideally a meat stock for the texture from the gelatin, but mushroom or veggie stock would work. Add wine and reduce. This makes your gravy. Then proceed with your pie
>>
>>6009704
And how would you make your mushroom stock, faggot?
>>
>>6009724

Chop up some mushrooms as well as mirepoix. If you're feeling fancy you can add herbs like thyme and/or rosemary. Sweat in a little oil in the bottom of your pot. When the veggies are soft, splash in a little marsala or sherry. Cook off the alcohol. Add water, simmer for about two hours or so. Strain. Taste it and reduce if needed.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.