[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A thread for discussing what used to be the biggest event at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

A thread for discussing what used to be the biggest event at the con!

what kinda skits do you like to see? what kinda costumes do you like to see? what are you working on? what cons are fun for this even which aren't? etc.
>>
Anime Expo now charges tickets to see their masquerade. Why charge extra for an already dying event?
>>
>>9272914
>A thread for discussing what used to be the biggest event at the con!

What is the biggest event at the con now?
>>
>>9272914
I was at AX that year. That Kamen Rider group was the best. So glad they won BiS.
>>
>>9273606
The Cosplay competition

And for some conventions, the opening ceremony is pretty important
>>
>>9273403
not many if any other cons do that right? (i've only seen AX do it)

>>9273606
GOH,Concerts pretty much anything else depending on the con really.
>>
No cons I attend hold a masquerade, which sucks since I'm a theatre person and would love to put something quality together.
>>
>>9273403
I was at AX's this year, it was a travesty. Though we didn't have to pay extra, we just had to stand in line to get a ticket and then find our seats (not sure about next year though, I wouldn't be surprised. Greedy bastards.)
Wondercon on the other hand usually has some great skits. I generally like comedic performances, fight scenes can be cool. Walk ons to music are okay but some people don't realize that 1 minute is a really long time when all you're doing it walking back and forth across the stage and striking the same few poses.
>>
>>9274779
Wait, what's the difference between à masquerade and a cosplay competition ?
>>
>>9275349
Masquerades require a skit/performance of some sort to accompany the cosplay, while a regular cosplay competition just has the person walk out of stage, strike poses, walk off. I think masquerades are usually held at larger conventions only
>>
>>9275351
In my country it's common that cosplay competitions have a performance part too. You'll often have three parts. The pre-judging, where the cosplayer meets the judges and shows off and explains their cosplay. This is not done in front of an audience. Then you have the catwalk, where everyone goes up on the scene, shows off their cosplay and then goes down again, and last, you have the finals, where the people who were good enough before end up and have to do a performance. The competition is judged based on both costume and performance.
>>
>>9275351
>, while a regular cosplay competition just has the person walk out of stage, strike poses, walk off.

What you described are walk on entries for a masquerade. Many cons do their masques in this fashion. Sometimes they'll be asked questions of the costume.
>>
Isn't masquerade an older word for cosplay?
>>
>>9273403
AX has free tickets for a lot of events.
They do it to keep attendance under capacity for whatever room it's in, but then people start getting more tickets than they need for friends or whatever and it ends up turning into a mess.
>>
>>9275351
Ah, I see ! In my country most, if not all cosplay contests include a performance (but people can just strike poses if they want to). The judges see the cosplayers individually first so they can check their costume, and then they see the performance
>>
>what kinda costumes do you like to see?

I just like to see variety, period. If five Kiritos walk across the stage, I'm gonna have a bad time.
>>
I've entered in two, one at the now dead Anime California in it's second year (during the whole MTV thing) then i was in AX's this past year, despite the film crew messing up the schedule i felt AC's was better run, AX's felt rushed and not well thought out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.