[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Anonymous Online Trash Topic" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 20

File: who_died.jpg (612KB, 1128x1556px) Image search: [Google]
who_died.jpg
612KB, 1128x1556px
Previously, on Dutch Thread:
>Crafting advice and some fresh WIP shots
>Terracon predictions
>Beatrix_Doll_The_Nightmare.jpg
>OP images dumped for me by a friendly Anon
>(post-)MGC talk
>Fabric armours vs Foam armours: which are harder to pull off?
>Bulge of Igor Part 2: MGC Boogaloo!
>Drama, artificial drama, a poor attempt to reignite drama and then some
>"Amazing cosplayers", their bikini/boudoir shoots and where we stand on this subject.
>Upcoming photographers or those you just like
>Return of the Instagram filter rant
>The importance of networking
>Dynamic Con talk
>Off topic late night talk

Next five major events:
>TerraCon (November 27th, Houten UT), the best place to do a photoshoot of you in a Pikachu gijinka cuddling with a real Ekans.
>Retrocon (November 27th, Rotterdam ZH), a retro gaming fair with lots of dealers, artists and more.
>Midwinter Fantasy Fair (December 10th & 11th, Alphen aan den Rijn ZH), the only place you can roam middle Earth in winter.
>Dutch Comic Con Xmas Edition (December 17th & 18th, Utrecht UT), the Christmas themed edition of DCC.
>TomoFair Amsterdam (January 7th, Amsterdam NH), will it be their first edition without a bouncy castle?
The full /cgl/ con calendar can be found at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=17gim9nkndjpvpnhp1pr64l410%40group.calendar.google.com

Friendly reminders
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. Best is to not take things posted here seriously and just move on just like we do after a day.
>Posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed.
>Nagging is okay, but if you want change you might want to contact the party involved and offer them some feedback.
>Posting pictures of (WIP) /cgl/ items is encouraged

This thread's relevant Strawpoll: Will you be going to Retrocon, Terracon or just staying at home?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11710879
>>
Alright gulls, to start this one off allow me to ask you a question: "how would you describe your perfect convention and which events would you consider a must?".
>>
>>9264334

wait, but can you still participate in march if you're not going in december? because if not that's fucked up.....
>>
>>9264749
Winning during the Xmas competition gives you a guaranteed place in the finals. While they didn't put it on their site (or maybe I'm just too sleep deprived to notice), I'd assumd there will be another round at the March edition of DCC to land you a spot in the finals.
>>
Dutch Comic con isn't even a big con, why would it need a preliminary round additional for the finals? It's not like a lot of people enter or something.
>>
>>9264822
it's just a catwalk aswell during dutch xmas con, not something to look forward to watching
>>
>>9264828
Exactly what I mean. Although the Magnum act was great at dutch comic con this year, the rest of the acts pretty much were just catwalks compared to that. If Animecon had preliminaries it would make much more sense than DCC having preliminaries...

No I'm not saying animecon should have preliminaries, I'm just saying it would make more sense than DCC atm
>>
File: IMG_8851.jpg (767KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8851.jpg
767KB, 900x1200px
I promised I'd update y'all. 37% done according to cosplanner, though I kind of guess the percentages on the pieces Anyway, what you see here is 3 days of work: 1 day planning & calculating proportions, 2 days of building. It's not 100% accurately scaled because my bodily proportions are a little different from the night-elf model (hey ho), but getting as close as I can.
>>
>>9264637
So far I understood he has a full time job next to his photography.
>>
>>9264334 #
I'm competing! My cosplay isn't impressive/big/sexy but I want some experience/get rid of stagefright.
(Didn't notice thread was in auto-sage)
>>
Arduwan is baaaaaack
>>
>>9264999
Who?
>>
>>9265005
Attention whore
>>
>>9265005
Hime Doll? Was at MGC if I'm correct?
>>
At least she looks better as nidalee than bregje
>>
Who the fuck is Bregje?
>>
>>9264852
no, thats not even what I meant, during the xmas con, you CANT participate with an act, it's catwalk ONLY. I actually enjoyed a lot of the DCC acts to be quite honest with you....
>>
>>9265052
someone isnt following cosplaynl
>>
>>9265052
Wasn't she the one who complained about it being unfair that cosplayers with actual costume making experience have a better shot at winning competitions?
>>
>>9264999
And in
>bittersweet
no less

I wish she'd just stick to shitting up the cosplay community and leave us alone. Weren't we all supposed to be evil transphobic bully AIDS-faces anyway? Arduwan pls go and stay go.
>>
>>9265098
my eyes hurt
>>
>>9265090
Yeah she said it's unfair that she can't compete with her bought costume this bitch is delusional. Caps were posted here but I don't have them
>>
>>9265130
And then she sold the costume
>>
>>9265227
and bought a different costume
>>
>>9265244
Nothing wrong with it, as long as she doesn't want to compete or complain about not being able to compete with it.
>>
>>9265244

Lol she bought new once and sold her old.. Oke?.. Nothing wrong with that, but she still can't compete with those so wtf? Haha
>>
She's not the only one complaining though. There are many other cosplayers complaining they can't compete in commissioned or bought clothes.

Little advice: you'll gain a lot of haters if you compete in a commissioned costume claiming you made it yourself. Winning a competition while claiming the above gains you even more haters. So don't even try.
>>
>>9265392
Not only haters, but there was a Swedish (? not sure anymore) convention were it was found out that their first place winner had commissioned a major part of her costume, and they ended up revoking her prize. IIRC she also got banned from the competition. In any case, save yourself the trouble: don't lie about what you made yourself and compete in act competitions if you want to wear a bought costume. It's not that hard.
>>
File: unfair.png (2MB, 2701x740px) Image search: [Google]
unfair.png
2MB, 2701x740px
>>9265130
>Caps were posted here but I don't have them
I do, although judging by the other posts nothing ever came from her "Alright CosplayNL teach me to make a cosplay" post.
>>
CosplayNL is straight up cancer.

If you ask there for help, you get the cheapest most awful info.
Someone wanted to make a Hanzo costume and someone replied using a bathrobe might work and OP agreed.

God fucking hell.
>>
>>9265488
hahahah. Well people might think this place is a hellhole fromt ime to time, but I get better advice here than on cosplayNL
>>
>>9265488
Holy shit.
>>9265491
Agreed. The thing is, this isn't a hellhole. It only becomes a hellhole the moment someone starts stirring shit or drama. We were having quite a good time before all hell broke loose in the last thread.
>>
>>9265471
Gosh, I wonder why....
>>
>>9264745
Ignoring all reality and costs...
>Con would be held in a central location with plenty of alternative sleeping accommodations nearby.
>Workshops and lectures have different courses for beginners/newcomers and advanced/veterans.
>Cosplay competition would be split in two; one for beginners and one for the experienced. Hopefully this would motivate more people to compete as their competition is on the same level as them, while possibly making things more challenging for the experienced.
>All basic events would be present, but at least two events would be replaced each year to keep things fresh.
>Also let's get some voice actors so people can go WTF when they see the faces behind the voices of their favourite (kid) shows
>Game room will keep their lights on because eye safety, focus on both retro and current mutiplayer titles with at least few "forgotten games" mixed in. Also I would bring back Parodius on the MAME cabinet for reasons.
>Hotel bar would be ran by a maid cafe because it just feels right, with security personal of course as drunken neck beards and maids don't go well together.
>Con would have a 18+ section in the dealer room separated by black screens and a low profile opening. Here you can buy your strong alcohol (whiskey, sake and such), hentai DVD's and manga, adult toys and other content that might be considered questionable or unsuitable for family viewing.
>Also no bootlegs and artists will receive a good place in the dealer room as I feel like they are often neglected or stowed away somewhere nobody goes.
>Two stages on Saturday night; one with Deshima (or something similar) and one with live alternative/rock music because not everybody is into dance. Also badges for underaged visitors have a fluorescent blue <18 in it, making them stand out under all the blacklights.
>Outdoors would have a nice location for photography, and indoors there would be a "studio"
>>
>>9264887
Things are taking shape nicely I see. Also you can't post a picture with a cat basket and litter box in the background without including your cat. Please be a red lazy "jeweetwel" cat...
>>
File: IMG_8845.jpg (790KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8845.jpg
790KB, 3264x2448px
>>9265522
unfortunately, mine's not red. (if she was, I would've tried to change her name to redcat because memories)
>>
Anyone here got experience with artist alleys at Dutch cons?
>>
>>9265786
Yes, not all of them are good. Animecon tried it a few times, second try better than the first. Tsuna's AA this year was okay, but very quiet.
I'd like to see an AA like they have at Connichi or Dokomi. Right in the middle of the event, well lit (especially Dokomi) and wide paths.
>>
>>9265800
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if it's worth booking a table at a Dutch con in general? I'm not sure how popular fan merchandise is here compared to US and other countries.
>>
>>9265818
To be quite honest with you; it isn't. You can always try and see if peoplr are interested because I think it also depends on what you're selling (prints, posters, self-made art aren't very populair unless you're really good).
>>
>>9265518
>Game room will keep their lights on because eye safety, focus on both retro and current mutiplayer titles with at least few "forgotten games" mixed in. Also I would bring back Parodius on the MAME cabinet for reasons.

what forgotten games are you aiming at? and would you like to have more japan-only arcade games? I'm not in charge of the gameroom but I can arrange some things...
>>
>>9265488

WTF HAHAHAHAHA,
>>
>>9265471
lol people that get into cosplay nowadays seem to be so spoiled by ready made costumes.
>>
>>9265931
More like self-entitled if you ask me. Especially that post afterwards where she pretty much demands someone to teach her all the basics. Go attend a workshop or watch some tutorials already.
>>
>>9265818
Sadly seconding >>9265828
Our cons are MUCH smaller than USA cons and people don't tend to spend a lot on fan-merch or any merch to begin with (there are expections of course).
The money some artists earn at USA cons is unheard of at Dutch cons.

Table placement makes a world of difference... It is devastating to be seated somewhere with zero traffic.

Make sure you only need to sell 30% or less of what you made for it to become profitable.
Less quantity, more quality.
Keep a mix of populair and classics.
Keep smiling!
>>
>>9265933
I think that attitude is exactly why no one helped her.
>>
>>9265786
As in artist alleys specifically? Or just tabling as an artist, even if you're in the dealer room?
It's definitely not what it is in the US, but a lot of people have said it's impossible to make money off of it in this country and that's just not true. I started this year and can already turn a profit at every con I'm at. Doesn't compare to the four-figure sums I enviously read about in the AA threads, but hey, at least we don't have to hold a prayer circle to even get into a con over here.
>>
Does anyone have experience with the PVA primer from minque? The product doesnt list any ingredients, and that makes me get the feeling its just overpriced wood glue... Am i correct? Will i be better of just to continue using the wood glue from Pattex thet have at Action?
>>
>>9266020
Yes. PVA is just PVA. PVA = Woodglue. Honestly, Minque is overpriced in almost everything.
>>
>>9266020
White wood glue works fine, just mix it down with a bit of water and apply several layers. Also don't forget to brush in a different direction on each layer unless you like visible brush marks.

>>9266020
Agreed, even their Duracell glue is just contact glue in a tin. Honestly if it isn't on sale I would buy it there. Best deal I've had so far was 1cm thick dark blue EVA foam for nearly half the price. But even then it's cheaper to buy floor mats on Ali Express, the only benefit with Monique is that you get your supplies a lot sooner.
>>
>>9266047
If you want good, cheap foam; Poly-props is the supplier you seek.
>>
>>9266047
>monique

lol
>>
>>9266047
floor mats on Ali? Is it good quality? please explain
>>
>>9266092
I bought a pack of floor mats from ali once, they are firm and compact, much more than the ones at action, but also smaller. Sometimes there are mats with bubble holes on the smooth surface side though. Shipping took long. I'd rather buy the floow mats in an actual store in NL.

I did buy 2mm foam from Ali and I like it a lot, im covering it with worbla. On its own it rips easily.
>>
>>9266062
Will check them out, thanks! Come to think of it some Anon suggested making a list of /cgl/ approved dealers and stores, so any more suggestions are welcome (or I'll just make a Google form for convenience).

>>9266092
Foam floor tiles (pic related), yoga mats and some other items are usually made out of EVA foam and available in different thicknesses. Sets of floor 30x30cm or 50x50cm cost less than a single sheet while offering more material to work with (€15~25 for 1.5m2 worth of 0.8cm thick tiles vs >€40 for a 1m2 sheet). The only downside is that some of these sets are less dense (softer) than the sheets at cosplay supply stores, or have a texture on one or both side. Also air bubbles and long shipping like >>9266131 said, but considering the relatively low price I can't really complain. Although I too usually stick to sheets of foam, I don't have the patience not deal with long shipping times.
>>
Just wondering: Has anyone ever committed suicide because of anything they read on 4chan?
>>
>>9266062
Going to buy foam from that site soon, if I finish my other cosplay first, I've been informed that it is indeed a good site?
>>
>>9266343
Because of 4chan ..no...?
>>
>>9266344
I've ordered my foam from there. They've got a nice package deal of 12m for about (depending on currency exchange) 40 euros. It's various thicknesses and density. I just went with 3 sheets of 5mm foam myself. They're larger than expected. They ship fast too.
>>
>>9266343
Yes, but not from /cgl/ I think.
>>
>>9266343
Maybe not from this thread, but shit would go down on /b/ several years ago. It was in the US and i believe he shot himself, and short before that he told people he wanted to "go out in style" which was, at that time, a way to commit suicide. Just like "becoming an hero"

I have been around for too long.
>>
File: foambundle.png (344KB, 978x741px) Image search: [Google]
foambundle.png
344KB, 978x741px
>>9266373
>Poly-Props pack
>3x 1m x 2m x 10mm
>2x 1m x 2m x 5mm
>1x 1m x 2m x 2mm
>€40.09 at current exchange rate, excluding shipping to NL starting at €16,50
I want to have your babies glorious UK Anon.
>>
>>9266343
Not within the Dutch community, although I wouldn't be surprised if some mentally unstable gender-fluid tumblrina with self-diagnosed PTSD, social anxiety and ADD ends up killing herself over some drama. After all, with 1 suicide for every 10.000 Dutchmen every year someone in the community is bound to end up becoming an hero over drama.
Why, are you planning something?
>>
>>9266386
>has IUD
No babies for me man. I don't like having permanent STD's, but you can pretend the foam are my babies.
>>
>>9266423
Hahahahaha amazing, or make a foam baby? Lol
>>
>>9266413
Not really, but i can imagine that some people would.
>>
>>9266423
>No babies for me man. I don't like having permanent STD's
Good point, I for one value my sleep and having that little hell spawn next door keeping me up all night is bad enough as it is.

>>9266428
>Foam baby
Or even better, a baby King Willem doll!
>>
>>9266428
Funfact: I once got to say "I went to London and made three babies."
That gave me some funny looks. But yeah I had to make 3 baby 'dolls' for a play.

>>9266436
I lol'd out loud and forgot my housemate is sleeping.
>>
>>9266436
>Good point, I for one value my sleep and having that little hell spawn next door keeping me up all night is bad enough as it is.

Amen.
Although he shut up quickly after the last time I complained.
Maybe I just have to create a gloomy enough aura to shut him up.
Or maybe it was a coincidence and the headache makes me crazy.
Probably the last one.

"The two weeks of nails-on-schoolbord-and-drill-noise renovation is going to make us more soundproof" they sad, "you'll hear him less" they said, "It's not going to take long" they sad.

BULLSHIT you get subsidy from the municipality to renovated certain things here which has nothing to do with your little kid. Everybody in the damn billding knows this.
We're happy for you, but hire a team to do the whole apartment in one week instead of one guy to do one room for two weeks, every 3 months.
And don't lie about the sound, I still hear him.

Worst part is that I can't wast me sleep usefull by working on my sewing or craft skills, thanks to the headache. And all my leftover energy goes to school/work, so I don't do it during the day either.
>>
>>9266047
>the only benefit with Monique is that you get your supplies a lot sooner.

Idk. I've received stuff from Ali way sooner than stuff from Minque
>>
Stuff from Proptimum is cheaper and faster anyways. Minque however does make their products look more appealing (website and colour/print on materials).

But in the end practicality goes over vanity when it comes to crafting materials, also more friendly for more wallet.
>>
>>9266786
excuse you, but since a while now their thermoplastics are exactly the same prices as Minque's
>>
>>9266786
the materials are similar but definitely not the same. I've worked with blue(mesh) and grey(""smooth"") thibra and I've had bad experience with both. The materials are super damn sticky, blue's mesh was pretty much peel off and didn't stretch at all so going around corners wasn't convenient and grey, although decent for claying/sculpting, is so sensitive it even shows finger prints.
I've been using black worbla recently and it's the perfect mix of sticky and sturdy and I'd happily pay a euro more if it saves me the amount of frustration I've had with thibra.
>>
>>9266786
I really hated Proptimum's thermoplastic. It didn't hold its shape at all and it was really inconvenient to work with. I'll take Worbla any day
>>
>>9266433
If you are that unstable it's just stupid to visit sites as 4chan
>>
>>9266786
Tbh the proptimum owner could sell me anything.
>>
>>9266846
You mean Florent? He's single so if you want to make a move, now is your best time.
>>
>>9266855
Nom nom Florent
>>
I actually love he blue mesh thermoplastics!
The Thibra is slightly tricky, best used in combination with some craft foam or the blue mesh, but I love it for details and jewelry.
>>
>>9266786
I still find proptimum rather expensive, but I'm spoiled with Poly-Props and living in the UK so shipping is cheaper. But basically I recommend Poly-Props & Proptimum to people when it comes to foam.

TIPTIME: If you want to seal your foam with more durable stuff than PVA glue; go for Latex that's 60% rubber solids, you can thin it down with distilled water and it basically becomes LARP-quality sealed. 5 liters of the stuff is £31(I have supplier link somewhere)

PVA glue is, of course, a lot cheaper, so if you want to keep it budget; simple PVA glue will do (no need for it to be woodglue, they'll charge you more for 'woodglue' than simple 'white glue' which is PVA).

That was my tip for today.
>>
>>9266868
Isn't latex something that requires maintenance or otherwise it starts to disintegrate?
>>
File: IMG_8877.jpg (665KB, 1200x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8877.jpg
665KB, 1200x770px
>>9266927
Pure latex; yes. This is why you've got the 60% rubber solids in there and you thin it down with distilled water. But you'll also paint on top of it and it is super durable. Don't forget the foam sucks it in too. If you paint over it and clearcoat it, it should be able to hold up for a few years. If not, then I guess my Cordana will not last long.

>Cordana Felsong
I did a tryout with the woodburner today on how to achieve the skull effect on the foam. I am satisfied. Currently drawing on all the skulls on the armour and burn it tomorrow.
>>
Is team MDMA aware that they're called after ecstasy (XTC)?
>>
>>9266940
Wait thats an actual team name? Bunch of silly fucks.
>>
>>9266940
I believe they are. "We bring joy"
... alright then.
>>
>>9266952
Oh man.
>>
>>9266940
With a name like that their act better includes the use of glow sticks.

>>9266942
I know right? They should had went with team Tetrahydrocannabinol, that stuff at least doesn't burn through your serotonin making you feel like shit all week.
>>
>>9266940
Cosplay "teams" are popping up everywhere all of a sudden. I must admit that Team Chaos started something. Seems like people became aware that working together works better than working alone.
I wonder what other cosplay teams will turn up in the future.
>>
>>9266960
Actually, Clueless Vision and Paraluna started it. Teams were always popping up but they're only noticed now because Team Chaos started a team as well.
>>
My team will be called Toxic Mega-Cunts
>>
>>9266980
Mine will be called LCD-creative because I'm not original and calling your team after drugs is apparently a thing.
>>
>>9266991
Teenjuwel?
>>
>>9266991
>>9266993

Could you not? We don't need another drama source.
>>
All I see is file deleted.
>>
>>9267003
Comment below the file deleted says enough I think.
>>
File: RU2345633-850x1024.jpg (400KB, 850x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RU2345633-850x1024.jpg
400KB, 850x1024px
>TFW /cgl/ narrowly escapes drama
>>
Based on the previous picture, name a ship that sails itself.
>>
>>9266960
Stop trying to make it look like Team Chaos started everything. They didn't and they're not important.
>>
>>9266960
Luckily teams like Paraluna, Clueless vision, PRISM, MMMC, Picobello and SugoiCos just started this year. Not even mentioning the many cosplayers with regular partners..
Seriously, stop promoting yourself so much.
>>
>>9267065
But anon, they're the ones putting the Netherlands on the map!
>>
>>9267056
De Vliegende Hollander
>>
>>9266960
It is this guy again. Why don't you just start a Team Chaos fanclub and talk about it there.
>>
Now I'm curious which is actually the 'oldest' cosplay group. Is there a list somewhere with when they all started? Or do I need to make my own?
>>
>>9267104
I think Paraluna and MMMC(?) are quite...'old'. As in; they've been around for quite a while.

>>9267076
>kek
>>
>>9266990
rly? am I missing out on some team names? name some haha
>>
>>9267171
do you even read the threads you post in
>>9266940
>>9266952
>>
>>9267174
beside only MDMA....

>calling your team after drugs is apparently a thing.

can't rly call it a thing if it's just one team which letters just happen to also be a drug .... but sure i'm blind
>>
Speaking of MDMA, is it often used at the Deshima events? I have strong suspicions that some weebs are just a little too unnaturally giddy during the Saturday nights.
>>
>>9267201
Some people do, but in overal to a lesser extend than you would see in your average club.
>>
>>9267201
There definitely are some people on drugs during Deshima, but I wouldn't say it's considered "normal". Weed is the most common at cons, but most stoners will follow the stoner etiquette and make sure not to bother anyone with it. MDMA is done by some and they are really easy to spot. Just look for people being overly happy/cuddly looking hot, glow sticks, finger lights, party/sunglasses, barely drinking (as in no excessive amounts of alcohol), locked/stiff jaws an/or people chewing bubble gum like there is no tomorrow. Finally I've seen people sniffing speed (ritalin) in the restrooms, sometimes even offering me a line as I walk by.
So yes, it happens although I don't mind it as long as they are being responsible users. Knowledge is key with drugs, and I know my head is messed up enough as it is.
>>
A friend of mine was offered alcohol in the mens bathroom at animecon 2/3 years ago which he thought might have drugs in it. I called him an idiot for accepting a drink in a bathroom. I think he was 15 or 16 at the time.
>>
>>9267500
Did anything happen?
>>
>>9267237
> looking hot, glow sticks, finger lights, party/sunglasses, barely drinking

don't get me wrong, but there are enough people that do this who are just normal sober people. Me and my group of friends alway buy glowsticks, lights and other "party-ish" things for deshima and we sweat our asses off, because omfg the amount of people there, no airco (during Abunai atleast) and dancing.... and some of us don't drink, so can't really agree with those, those are very common at deshima you know.
>>
>>9267237
Jesus Christ, I have been attending Dutch cons for 12 years now, and I never noticed any of that. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a thing in the previous decade when cons were less known and smaller, so imma take a guess that the growth of cons also brought in more shady visitors.
>>
>>9266960
They were already popping up before Team Chaos. In fact, Team Chaos was one of those teams popping up all of a sudden.
>>
>>9267569
I find it hard to explain, but it's mostly a combination between the typical behaviour and the other stuff. Basically if you've ever used it or have been with someone who has you will know exactly what to look for.

>>9267500
>Accepting a drink from strangers in the bathroom
I'm sorry to say this, but your friend is a retard.

>>9267654
Both MDMA and speed were things I only noticed in recent years. Weed however has been around ever since my first visit to Animecon back in Almelo, but at least that stuff is pretty harmless. Luckily it's anything but wide-spread and I also noticed fewer stoners at the cons this year.
>>
File: letsgoNOW.jpg (64KB, 1273x418px) Image search: [Google]
letsgoNOW.jpg
64KB, 1273x418px
Terra-con program is ready! How many visitors will come? 10? 20? Maybe 30?
>>
>>9267734
>Footloos
>Bekent
>Schming & Facepaint. That's the same thing.
>Schattig

What the fuck
>>
>>9267739
>points terracon on spelling mistakes
>makes one herself
>>
>>9267679

Don't get me wrong but there is also a group of people who can do MDMA and other recreational drugs just fine without looking like a totally wacked out druggo.

Whenever you gather groups of people together you are going to get drugs. It should not be so surprising.
>>
>>9267734
>Only three actual events, one that has nothing to do with anime or j-culture
>Announcing the winner is an event, karaoke is on there twice to make it appear like there is more shit to do
>Game room is one arcade cabinet and Nintendo OG Wii
>5 dealers
>Various animals to take pictures with
How does this qualify as an anime convention?!
How did nobody on their staff realised what a shitty idea this is?!
HOW DID THEY THOUGH PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO SPEND €10 ON THIS?!
>>
>>9267679
Yeah weed is OK (apart from that horrible smell), my reaction was especially targeted towards MDMA and speed. I'm quite shocked people use hard drugs at cons so casually.
>>
>>9266960
I must admit that Team Chaos also invented the iPhone. And water. iPhones and water did not exist before Team Chaos.
>>
>>9267763
I agree. I always get annoyed by the smell of weed at con entrances. Why do they have to smoke directly at the entrance? They can smoke weed, but keep in mind you are spreading a horrible smell please .
>>
I think the con rules as in no drugs should apply to the weed smokers as well, as they are 'under the influence'
>>
>>9267803
Then you might as well ban alcohol as well. In case you haven't noticed, weed smokers tend be a lot chiller than fed up drunks.
>>
>>9267815
Agree. Personally i think the drunks are way worse than the stoners.
>>
>>9267783
They certainly reinvented chaos looking at how much people get triggered by their bullshit. What's so great about them anyway?
>>
>>9267237
Do people bring their own drugs? Or do people deal at cons?
>>
>>9267893
Most people bring their own, also knew a few dealers selling either weed or mdma at abunai
>>
>>9267902
Today in the underworld of Dutch Cosplay: Druglords in cosplay
>>
>>9267924
Cosplaying a druglord.
>>
>>9267763

Drugs are done casually everywhere. There is no somewhat large scale party in the world where drugs aren't used.
Sure your buddy Michaels birthday bash is big but shit like that don't count.
>>
>>9267949
I've never felt the need to use drugs in my life. I drink alcohol, but never to the point where I lose control. I enjoy things as they are. I'm easily amused so I guess that helps.
>>
>>9267893
People bring their own harder drugs like MDMA and speed. Nobody is gonna sell hard drugs at an event where the main audience is <18, at least for now.

If anything it's sold at the hotel rooms to responsible people and friends.

Also I just want to mention that being the only person on MDMA makes you feel really out of place and that's one of the reasons not many people use it at cons.

Still gonna do it though. Gonna hug those 'free hugs' guys to death, they won't be prepared for xtc fueled powerhugs.
>>
>>9267949
Except it's a convention, not a party.
>>
So is anyone else working on a cosplay or am I the only one? Is everyone going to start in the last few weeks/months before the con and go "OH FUCK STRESS"???
>>
I freak out before cons because I have nothing new to wear.
>>
>>9268006
Deshima definitely is a party though
>>
>>9268006
Deshima sounds and the ilk are parties though
>>
>>9268011
>or am I the only one
no, you are never the only one
>>
>>9268053
True. Forgive my ignorance.
>>
>>9268011
working on cosplays for next year, im only going to dcc's xmas con and after that i have a 4 month cosplay break, so perfect time to work on cosplays on my own lazy pace
>>
>>9268116
I'm currently just working for AnimeCon 2017.
>>
>>9268011
Working on my cosplays for Anime- and AbunaiCon 2017, which will be the only cons I'll attend probably.

Who else is slowly going to less and less cons for various reasons? What are yours?
>>
>>9268176
I thought I'd go to more cons now I live in the UK but the opposite has happened. AnimeCon is the only con I really visit because that's where everyone goes and it's a good quality con. It's the only con I can justify going back for.

Less cons for me due to time and money restrictions, but I also feel like some cons are losing quality over quantity. Like MCM London. I don't know if it was just the May version versus October, but I just felt out of place in May, despite being rather popular.

I think I just don't like the huge amount of people and basically a dealer hall. I like AnimeCon because it's got a variety of rooms and activities.

Maybe I'm just getting old (Ok I'm not that old.), or maybe it's because I'm more interested in cosplay, craft, how-to's, competitions, workshops and lectures. I find that I have an innate need to share my knowledge with people because I just want to help people become better cosplayers. Hence the lecture last year and it apparently left people feel good. I feel like AnimeCon has most to offer for me as a cosplayer and propmaker so I guess that's another reason why I keep coming back for more.
>>
>>9268176
me, I've been to cons every month since februari with tons of dissapointments and now I'm like "whats the point?" rather spend more time and money on a few good conventions thn stressing almost every month.and I already stopped going no new conventions.
>>
>>9268586
This is exactly how I feel.
>>
>>9266436
Haha fuck yes, make a royal doll family
>>
>>9267011
WTF HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that face
>>
>>9267935
Reminds me of New kids lol
>>
So about Retrocon;
I didn't expect anything and I was still disappointed. Anyone else feel the same way?
>>
File: How about no copy.jpg (163KB, 895x720px) Image search: [Google]
How about no copy.jpg
163KB, 895x720px
>>9268705
>pic related

>>9268710
That's on my list but I can assure you I'm not a druglord.
>>
>>9268861
Please elaborate anon. Didn't go.
>>
>>9268861
It felt like a sloppy yardsale, sorry... Could be because it was too much of the same? (old toys get old fast)
Didn't hear too much good news from artists tho.
>>
Promotion of terracon was mostly on their Facebook page and not in their facebook event. I was curious and saw pictures and a livestream. Also every 100th visitor could get in for free. Announced 10 hours ago. So the bagpipe player didn't any audience, becauseo f the birds and some runaway cosplayers (or maybe that was the staff?). Kind of sad. For the birds.
>>
>>9269033
>Every 100th visitor could get in for free
So nobody got in for free?
>>
>>9269066
I didn't see many visitors. So I guess no.
>>
>>9267071
PRISM and MMMC are didn't just started this year PRISM was started in 2013 (according to their FB page) and MMMC was even started in 2007.

So yeah Team chaos is BS they haven't started anything.
>>
>>9266960
Are you even serious ? if you know the community and have been long enough in the community then you should know that if anything Team chaos is actually the youngest team.

They havent " started" anything ! so stop bullshitting and promoting them.
>>
File: DSC_0015.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0015.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
I actually went to Terracon and left after about 15 minutes and left for Retrocon.
There were more DDR pads than guests.
I talked with the guy organizing it and he told me that some weebs were supposed to help him set everything up but ended up skipping.
>>
>>9269174
>doesn't get sarcasm
>>
btw Terracon itself didn't really have anything.
Although for some reason there was a stand selling Scottish stuff like canned Haggis, a stand with ferrets, and somebody with a few terrariums.
At least I can say that I survived Terracon.
>>
>>9269243
Congrats! You want a sticker?
>>
>>9269190
>I talked with the guy organizing it and he told me that some weebs were supposed to help him set everything up but ended up skipping.
Good thing then he had plenty of time to set things up himself while waiting for all 15 visitors to arrive. /jk
>>
>>9269243
They had a nice stage?
>>
>>9268011
I would love to continue work on my costume but I'm currently recovering from a medical treatment. Luckily I'm recovering a lot faster than anticipated so with a bit of luck I'll be back at it in a week or two. Not that I mind, Animecon is still far away.
>>
>>9269190
>>9269288

Oh for fuck sake, it's one of those sportgames/game2move setups again where everybody watches the same set of arrows.
The problem with these setups is that you can't really decide your own difficulty and speed. instead you have to vote for it, which will end up in some experts having to play level 2 and some weebs will be forced to play 13....
>>
>>9269835
lol as if the so called "experts" aren't weebs as well
>>
>>9269836
yeah but it still sucks...
>>
>>9269248
Yes
>>
Sakuraflor is trying to explain the ongoing negative rumors about her and team chaos on cosplaynl by doing a q&a on askfm.
>>
>>9269880
Kek we all know its just her selfposting here with all the team chaos promotion
>>
>>9269880
>>9269886
um anons pls they are cosplaying PIONEERS and they deserve the recognition for being so influential in the cosplay scene, a scene that hadn't been established until this very year might i add, at least when it comes to the netherlands
>>
>>9269920
>Can't tell if sarcasm or genuinely dense
>>
>>9267734
Holy shit on a stick. Owls are anything but cute. They are predators with very simple minds: if you're smaller than it, you're food. If you're larger that it and it isn't familiar with you, it assumes that you're going to eat it. This is animal abuse.

I went to Retrocon, by the way. Wasn't much, the staff and crew need to learn a lot about communication and friendliness.
The MC was practically the only one with a grip. Food was ranging from OK to why-am-i-paying-3-bucks-for-a-roll-with-one-slice-of-cheese, half of the assortment was gone before lunch and leftover coins could not be refunded, so we grabbed some last snacks before heading out again. A lot of bootlegs being sold too: of the sellers who did not have retro stuff, about 50% had junk from China.
Fabion, Lychee Tea, Think Pink, Otaku Shoppu, Silver Dice... A shame, really.
>>
>>9269365
Take care!
>>
>>9269190
anyone having more pictures of "terriblecon"?
>>
>>9269944
Just look at the facebook page of the convention itself.
>>
>>9269920
Kek give us one example of where they paved the road for dutch cosplay in general did any charity work or gave any good advice to anyone. They are just a bunch of spotlight whores. How much overwatch bullshit can someone shove down your throat? I wish they'd stop it already.
>>
>>9269930
I've been training owls and other bird of prey for 4 years now and what you say is bullshit.
>>
File: k.png (346KB, 720x575px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
346KB, 720x575px
>>9269949
>mfw anon are taking my presumably obvious shitposting serious
>>
>>9269880
putting askfm on the map

>>9269949
putting overwatch on the map

>>9269964
putting shitposting on the map
>>
Hahahahahahahahaah!
>>
File: DSC_0017.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0017.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
>>9269944
Only this one.
>>
>>9270010
needs a ball pit
>>
File: a1632d88d879e99746b5ba05641bb72c.jpg (680KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a1632d88d879e99746b5ba05641bb72c.jpg
680KB, 2048x1024px
>>9269190
>>9270010
Getting some heavy Dashcon flashbacks
>>
>>9270010
It seems the only thing having fun is the cardboard box at the stage
>>
>>9270014
Eeey, high five for same thoughts.
>>
>>9270020
http://youtu.be/WhSCCeM6MQM
>>
>>9270014
>>9270020
ballpit x cardboard box OTP
>>
so how many pedos are there around the cons nowadays?
>>
I think there are plenty of creepers around, but 'kids' sexualize themselves like do fanservice /flash panties for pictures. Also getting neckbeards with loli fetishes together is never a good idea. This dude who goes to many cons said to me 'that miku is so cute too bad shes 15'and talks about his fetishes out loud (which too many weebs do, like they don't know how to act in public)
>>
>>9269880
Did i miss something?
>>
>>9270134
some even start maid cafe's for underaged girls.
>>
>>9269880
If anyone is interested/bored enough to watch it please post a summary here.
>>
>>9270159
Oh god don't get me started on that cringefest. A friend flashed my boobs at that guy by pulling my zipper down.
>>
>>9270165
some friend
>>
>>9270159
You mean specifically for underage girls? What the hell
>>
>>9270165
what >>9270167 said... jesus
>>
>>9270173
He wanted to hire young 'looking' girls for the kawaii factor.
>>
>>9270187
and he's in love with all of them. While they're 15 to 17 and he's 29 or something.
>>
>>9270165
You need new friends.
>>
So I got wind of a charity thing with joker and harley calenders. Any thoughts on that?
>>
>>9270015
Dashcon at least got a whole crowd; felt good making fun of it and ridiculing it when it went haywire.
Seeing the pictures of Terracon is just painfuly sad and I actually feel bad for the dealers and other participants.
>>
>>9270245
yeah, sympathy for the dealers there.
>>
>>9270238
Again? I remember a cringy call for Dutch jokers to do a calendar earlier this year. Is this the same guy trying to pull it off?
>>
>>9270251
Yeah i think it's the same thing
>>
>>9270238
I think it's great! Using cosplay for a charity thing is always good ;) tho personally I wouldn't buy it for the cosplayers, no offense, there's only a few dutch joker and harley cosplayers that i like. But I'd buy it for the charity they do it for
>>
>>9270188
We are talking about a certain maid cafe, with a certain guy who wants his maids to actually sit in his lap? :)
>>
File: IMG_20161128_210008.jpg (134KB, 502x741px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161128_210008.jpg
134KB, 502x741px
>>9270251
Found the pic. I really should clean up my folders.

>>9270261
It really depends on the charity they are going for. A lot of them are corrupt and give only a small percentage not what they collect to their actual cause. The Pink Ribbon scandal really opened my eyes when it comes to "charities".
>>
>>9270274
Wel, I guess there's just one way to find out
>>
>>9270270
I think we are.
>>
>>9270162
does anyone have a link to this?
>>
>>9270187
>>9270188
I think he first stated 20 as the maximum age, and then changed it to 22 (which is still 5 years younger than himself). I'm not gonna call him pedophile, but I am gonna call him ageist for that.
>>
>>9270261
I wonder which cosplayers participated in the calender tho. Any ideas?
>>
>>9269979
Kek
>>
>>9270274
No idea why I would want a calender of those guys in my house. Putting a lot skimpy harley's in it is their best bet
>>
>>9270261
>>9270276
>De opbrengst van de Kalenders gaan naar de Cliniclowns en de Make-a-wish foundation.
>Cliniclowns raised €13,346,663 in 2015 and spend €10,460,774 (78% of all income) in 2015 on their cause. All of their staff (they don't have volunteers) receives a full salary, which together were paid €4,642,794 excluding pension and travel fees. €131,387 went to the directer Hellendoorn-Mineur, granting him a €10,949 monthly salary and a lease car.
>The Dutch Make-a-Wish Foundation raised €5,165,357 between September 2014 and August 2015 (most recent public numbers) and spend €3,185,562 on their cause (62% of all income) in this time period. A total €1,246,912 (excluding travel fees, schooling/training and car leases) went to salaries. €137,434 went to the director Douwes, granting him a €11,453 monthly salary.
>Calendars will be sold through Dirtees, but no price has been given as far as I know, nor do I know if Dirtees takes a cut for handling logistics. But for the sake of convenience, let's say Dirtees handles logistics out of the kindness of free advertising for their store. Also let's hope these cosplayers won't take a cut like the charities they are doing it for do.
>The average price to print 100 calendars (full colour with cover and ring binding) is around €270, or €2.70 each. If they would charge €10 per calendar this means €7.30 (73% of what you pay) would be split between the two charities. Of this only €5.11 (51% of what you paid or 70% of what is split) will be used for their causes.
It might be wiser to just donate directly. That way more money actually ends up at these causes and you're not stuck with a shitty calendar that probably hasn't got any space to mark Birthdays or major appointments on anyway. Or don't donate at all, I know I won't.
>>
File: harleys.jpg (145KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
harleys.jpg
145KB, 640x960px
>>9270449
>Putting a lot skimpy harley's in it is their best bet
If only, instead we get this.
>>
It had karaoke, ddr, games, animals and a green screen. Besides that there was a cosplay competition-ish. So in fact as you claim they had several things ready to go
>>
File: jokers.jpg (390KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
jokers.jpg
390KB, 2048x1536px
>>9270449
>>9270460
But maybe one of the girls here like one of these Jokers...
>>
>>9269243
It had karaoke, ddr, games, animals and a green screen. Besides that there was a cosplay competition-ish. So in fact as you claim they had several things ready to go
>>
>>9270467
I don't know why but joker cosplayers always look and behave like they have severe autism.
>>
>>9270482
99% chance they actually have it
>>
>>9270482
Very true! I mean do they really don't see how cringy their "in-character" act is? Not once have I met a Joker cosplayer who didn't continuously dropped his spaghetti.
But no, what really grinds my gears is how at least three of them on the middle row failed to properly apply their face paint. I'm no good with the stuff myself, but at a shoot you'd imagine someone would point out how you missed/forgot to do your ears, hairline, forehead or neck. Then again considering all the wrinkles and poor fitting of most their costumes I'm probably just expecting too much.
>>
The fake chin though
>>
>>9270467
The guy in the front on the far left, should be cosplaying the penguin instead
>>
>>9270500
I hate pretty much everything DC and fail to see the attraction in Batman and Joker, but Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger were pretty good in their roles as Joker.
The Dutch Joker cosplayers are annoying, loathesome, cringy and generally not funny, with JK being slightly less annoying than the rest of them. The Dutch Harley cosplayers are equally annoying and while I generally don't mind seeing a woman in hotpants or similar short shorts, the Suicide Squad-version is a big turn-off.
>>
>>9270460
have you sene some of the calendar pictures? because these girls are slowly posting some of them and desu they don't look half bad actually. Then again, I do love Harley
>>
>>9270910
I agree but I never had the guts to tell him.
>>
>>9270460
>fattest one wearing a skin tight bodysuit
why
>>
>>9270933
Yeah I've seen some too. Really like some of them!
>>
How do you talk to people at cons? I'm kinda social in "real life", but at cons it's way harder for me to talk to people. Everybody is already in groups and it feels like nobody wants to talk to people outside of their group.
It makes me not want to go to cons anymore, but I do love making cosplays.
I feel like a lot of people to to cons to just "let loose" (run around, act childish, talk too loud) and that's just not my thing. Am I too normie for cons?
>>
>>9270974
You're fine to talk to me Anon. I've got loads of friends but I'm never in a group. Hence always doing solo cosplays (or almost always). In fact, last time at MCM, despite having friends there, I felt a little lonely. I never feel that way at AnimeCon, but if you're there and would like to have someone to talk to; I'm all ears.
>>
File: HARLEY.jpg (299KB, 1194x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HARLEY.jpg
299KB, 1194x1600px
>>9270955
Because she took her cosplay too serious.
>>
>>9270974
If you see a cosplayer from your fandom, compliment them. If you are genuinely excited about the character it shows and most of the people love to have a little chat.
>>
>>9270974
>people to to cons to just "let loose" (run around, act childish, talk too loud)

well, don't worry, there are more normies thn yolu think. It's just that the 1% weirdo's are show more thn the normies. I'm always open to talk to new people, and only had a few times that someone looks arrogant at me for giving them a compliment...
>>
>>9271022
Unless they don't actually know anything about the fandom they're cosplaying from, which has happened to me several times...
>>
>>9271055
This question was already asked in this thread >>9266020
>>
>>9271060
Son of a bitch, colour me embarrassed. Thanks!
>>
>>9271094
bruh pls
>>
>>9271098
whaddup?
>>
anyone got the sakuraflor ask.fm link? I coudn't find it on CosplayNL
>>
>>9271100
Nope, I too couldn't find it anywhere. It's not linked on her nor team Chaos' Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, site or Google. It's almost as if nobody should be able to see if in the first place.
>>
>>9271100
Shes not on Ask.fm. She said that if people wanted to ask her they could but she didn't say anything about opening askfm. I think she did say something about answering questions in the livestreams but then again aint nobody got time to be waiting on a livestream
>>
>>9271154
>She's not on ask.fm
Damnit >>9269880, you lied to us!
>>
>>9271179
Lol hate to break it to you but almost 90% of the things that are said in here are complete BS so no surprise there.
>>
>>9271180
You don't say.
>>
You can tell when it's a newfag when they're taking things being said here too seriously.
>>
>>9271001
she was being seriously autistic with her joker at the retrocon cosplay competition
>>
>>9271223
oh my god, this so much. That fake, overdone squeeky voice made my ears bleed. She would be better off cosplaying Sindel with that Banshee scream. And lay off the puddin while she's at it...
>>
>>9271025
Yeah, too bad there's people like that too. Even worse than having your character mistaken for another, lol.
>>
>>9271223
Isnt that like... the thing Harley Quin does?
>>
>>9270974
You're about 10 years too late. It used to be very easy to meet new people at cons, but now you'll mostly get introduced to new people through friends or don't meet anyone new at all.
>>
>>9271269
Sort of, which is why this character attracts the most annoying obnoxious cosplayers. Just like the Joker. Are there any Joker cosplayers who aren't assholes both in and out of character?
>>
>>9271277
I find that the two most well-known jokers are actually really nice guys out of character. I don't really get why people call them assholes? Did I miss something on that? Or is it the how-stuff-was-dealt-with-once-and-now-they're-forever-assholes-because-of-that-one-thing?
>>
>>9271271
Agreed, these days it seems the only place to meet new people is at workshops or through mutual friends. Well that or the older you get the more closed off people/groups are to outsiders. Even the smokers no longer gather around for random talks which really shocked me. At least I'm not missing out in anything now that I've quit...
>>
>>9271269
yes but in the comics and btas it's cute and funny and the jokes are, well, good. These girls, they already think they get a cute-pass but pleale, no silly voices if you cant put on a good accent and don't fucking overdo it...
>>
>>9271277
True.. name one harley quinn cosplayer who isnt obnoxious
>>
>>9271325
I'm cosplaying her for the first (and probably last) time this X-mascon, and I can safely say I'm not obnoxious.
>>
>>9271343
>I'm not obnoxious
I'll be the judge on that thank you very much.
>>
>>9271343
> Is not obnoxious however has to point out how she/he is a special snowflake on the internet.

Everybody has different standards of being obnoxious, imho most cosplayers are obnoxious.
>>
>>9271385
Name a cosplayer that you consider not obnoxious. I'd like to know where your bar is.
>>
>>9271325
Again, black44angel.
>>
>>9271409
second that
>>
>>9271409
Meaning she's not obnoxious?
>>
>>9271461
yes.... that was the question
>>
File: flash.jpg (290KB, 1000x747px) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
290KB, 1000x747px
>>9270930
>I hate pretty much everything DC
What did Barry ever do to you?!

No but seriously, I can really recommend the CW series if you want to get into DC without having to deal with yet another incarnation of Batman or Superman. They're not as good or deep as the Marvel series on Netflix, but especially the Flash (villain of the week and arc plot) and Legends of Tomorrow grew on me up to the point where I started reading the comics.
>>
>>9271409
Who's that?
>>
>>9271495
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=black44angel
>>
>>9271499
Thanks anon!
>>
>>9271409
Any more non-obnoxious cosplayers, or do we really just have one of them in our community of hundreds if not thousands?
>>
>>9271587
Realllly hard for me to come up with names. So just one sounds about right.
>>
>>9271587
Pretzl, non stop props, sakuraflor, Raven star Cosplay. I personally don't think any of them is obnoxious just very true to how they really are. Honestly the Dutch Cosplayers aren't all that bad.
>>
>>9271587
95% of all cosplayers I would say.
>>
>>9271669
Then who are the most obnoxious dutch cosplayers we know?
>>
>>9271669

This list 2 out of 5 are definitely one of the most obnoxious ones out there.
>>
>>9270482
>>9270499
anybody attending cons has autism, even I have it.
>>
>>9272118
uhm no, you might have it but i know i dont have it and neither do my close friends
>>
>>9272126
>taking hyperbole literally
>>
>>9272126
Hate to burst your bubble, but everyone has Autistic tendencies. However, probably not enough to go over the threshold and be 'labeled'. Also; it's a spectrum. But there's nothing wrong with Autism l in the low numbers 'normal' people have. Like stretchmarks; everyone has them, but with some it's more prominent than others.
>>
>>9272060
So what's the defintion of obnoxious, because to me obnoxious is; loud, attentionwhoring, making sure he/she is heard by everyone, over-acting, running around like an idiot basically. And with that definition; I'd go for most of the weebs that go kyaa~~ and nyaa~~ all the time.

I'm not sure if people here use that definition, but instead use the amount of exposure someone gets to call them obnoxious. That said; I don't know Pretzl and Raven Star.
>>
>>9272133
Here we go...
>>
>>9272134
The definition of obnoxious in that case is Siasity.
>>
>>9272133
can we just not?
>>
>>9272133
I second this. It's widely known that every human being has at least one form of autism, whether it's obvious or not depends on the person. The "labeled" autists are more obvious than the regular human and that is what we call "autism".
>>
>>9272134
I agree it's easy to call people who are gaining more attention obnoxious while they're just actually being themselves and they're just being heard or recognized for their hard work. I would definitely agree with the definition of obnoxious that you just described.

Having said that >>9272022 to me obnoxious cosplayers are people like InuNeko, or that dude that always talks down on people I forgot his name but they did that whole snorlax Pokémon Cosplay. Or people like Arduwan. But then again I guess it's all about personal taste and what one finds irritating or annoying. But there you have it those or examples of people I find obnoxious.
>>
>>9272175
To be honest, I can't name obnoxious cosplayers at all, except be extremely generalising and go with the 'young, new, weebs'. They often cosplay the 'popular' anime of the year, naruto or hetalia... but name them? I can't.
>>
>>9272175
I gotta agree with you here. InuNeko is starting to annoy me. I'd add Ilunaneko to that list too... maybe it's the name?
>>
>>9272155
Here we go again... Could you leave Siasity out of this please?
>>
>>9272181
Why? People are allowed to have opinions. If anon thinks this person is obnoxious, that's that. In your opinion she's nice.

Who do you think is more obnoxious, then?
>>
>>9272180
Lol probably

>>9272181
And alright what is your definition of obnoxious? Because the way I see it they are the perfect example.
>>
>>9271587
Any young weeb that thinks it is a good idea to bring a basket/foot/volley/etc ball to an indoors convention. They are making me hate sports anime with a burning passion.
>>
>>9272187
Haha ok I can kinda agree on that one as well.
>>
>>9272187
I can't wait what they'll try for Yuri on Ice....rollerskates? Good luck with the stairs at Animecon.
>>
>>9272192
seen a roller derby Harley at DCC past year, she wasn't annoying though, just had to mention i thought that was pretty cool
>>
>>9272187

I wonder what Keijou cosplayers will bring..
>>
>>9272192
Maybe platforms with skates drawn on them.
>>
The ones that claim they should have won a competition, the ones yelling and running around, obvious creeps, attention whores (more on facebook instead of irl) people that are in character all the time and unattractive cosplayers doing fanservice. Oh and those who dont know how to behave in public (like on trains and meets)
>>
>>9272022
RiriCos.
>>
>>9272186
>186▶
>>>9272180

They should just rename the question to which cosplayers do you personally have an issue wit? Obnoxious or not, asking people to name other people is kind of a non point.
You will have pro and anti Siasity.

People could just as well say they want to gas the Jews and have the exact same amount of input. It's just shitposting again.
>>
>>9272186
>>9272242
>>9272184

No don't get me wrong. I don't like Siasity either. I asked her something about her super Sonico cosplay and she couldn't even tell me something about it... I felt like she was changing the subject.

That aside, what I really mean is that this whole Siasity thing is getting tiring. If anon doesn't have something new to tell about Siasity, don't come up with her.
>>
>>9272192
The stairs might be a problem, but for that they have elevators. More likely is that Security and staff will simply not allow it.
>>
>>9272250
I figured yeah. Skates on a convention will be dangerous. Same for lucio (overwatch) cosplayers I guess.
>>
>>9272022
I find some couple cosplayers deadly obnoxious..
>>
>>9272281
Name a few I would say. I'm curious to whom you're referring to.
>>
Searched for the deffinition. You're welcome anons.

obnoxious (bijv.naamw.)

stotend (bijv.naamw.) ; afschuwelijk (bijv.naamw.) ; walgelijk (bijv.naamw.) ; afstotend (bijv.naamw.) ; weerzinwekkend (bijv.naamw.) ; afstotelijk (bijv.naamw.) ; misselijkmakend (bijv.naamw.) ; huiveringwekkend (bijv.naamw.) ; ijzingwekkend (bijv.naamw.) ; ijselijk (bijv.naamw.)
obnoxious vervelend ; onuitstaanbaar ; onaangenaam
>>
>>9272281
oh? who? kinda curious
>>
>>9272022
Team Chaos
InuNeko
Raven Star cosplay
Arduwan
Ilunaneko
The snorlax people

Basicly every cosplayer that thinks they don't have to follow the rules of the dutch cosplay world.
>>
>>9272302
Wait there are rules?
>>
>>9272022
all iron man cosplayers
>>
>>9272022
X I M E N A
>>
File: 1470771246939.jpg (21KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
1470771246939.jpg
21KB, 626x417px
Well, would you look at the post-count. This thread has reached it's bump limit and is currently on auto-sage.
A new thread can be found at >>9272321
>>
For archival purposes, the previous thread was at >>9256884.
>>
>>9272132
Hit a nerve, probably.
>>
>>9272302
Wauw since when does the Dutch Cosplay world have rules? I'm so curious as to what rules you think they didn't follow. I mean don't get me wrong I find some of them obnoxious AF but I'm just curious as to what your idea of the rules is
>>
>>9272435
>>9272394
The new thread is at >>9272321. This one has reached its post limit and will be deleted sooner or later.
>>
>>9272242
Come on 4chan is all about shitposting.. I mean that's all it is so why suddenly say we shouldn't when it comes to naming people one thinks are obnoxious.
>>
>>9272449
Oh ok Thanks
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.