[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bottom of the barrel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: mallfinds.jpg (247KB, 714x899px) Image search: [Google]
mallfinds.jpg
247KB, 714x899px
Lolita/J-Fashion mall finds:
>>
Don't do this...any of this. Just...no
>>
M-maybe this is for menhera?
>>
Not even going to lie; I'm so thirsty for a local source of loliable things I'd buy this in a heartbeat. K-kill me.
>>
>>8856739
none of these are even loliable
>>
>>8856689
>have at least 3 things from this picture

There were a lot of good finds out there last halloween. I will always love tacky halloween stuff without shame.
>>
>>8856739
99% of loliables and cheap local finds are low quality trash, why waste your money. Getting 1-2 better things from TaoBao is so much better. I understand being on a budget but these kind of loliables/"fashion finds" usually just become a waste of money that you could have saved for something better.
>>
>>8856766
There's nothing wrong with that either, lots of people love and wear it and it can be cute

...but it is NOT Lolita/J-fash.
>>
>>8856754
lace crown is kind of cute.
>>
I've found some nice things for strega at various stores through the mall but that's really not jfash I guess.
>>
The thing about mall shopping though, is that it's fun to be able to look at stuff in person and make a day out of it and whatever, but you always spend more than necessary on stuff you don't really want. Like a cute shirt at Forever 21 is around $18, you could buy 3 similar shirts of ebay for that price. Cheap shoes from H&M are like $30, you could get similar for $15 of ali. Especially all the cheap garbage in the OP pic, probably run around $6 each when you could get it on ebay for $1.
If you really want to go to the mall, go to Sephora and get nice makeup or skincare products you can use everyday for months instead of a shitty dress that you'll wear twice. For clothes, go thrifting. The same things you see in the fast fashion stores end up in the goodwill soon after. Don't encouraging the mass consumption and discard of clothes by partaking in it. I have lots of "quirky" H&M brand clothes that I've gotten at goodwill, but also some slightly nicer mall brands like Banana Republic for sweaters and the like.
It's just as fun to go thrifting with friends as it is to go to the mall. In fact, it's probably more fun because of all the weird things you'll find. And if you really want the fucking cat ears just buy them on ebay.
>>
>>8856900
right? Shopping online has really made me realize how overpriced everything you see in the stores is.
And the whole 'Support local Industry' thing is redundant when the shit they sell is all made in China/Bangladesh
>>
>>8856711
No this is definitely not menhera appropriate. Menhera isn't about being "creepy".
>>
>>8856925
This
Save the money by cutting out the middle man in your cheap chinese shit, then use that money to buy the "overpriced" small business items. Maybe then, small business owners can finally set prices that fairly pay themselves for their work.
I feel like everyone complains about how big and unfair industries are becoming, and then spend money at Claire's (looking at you OP), H&M, PF Changs because they believe they're entitled to every single thing they want at that very moment at a decent price. Some stuff is unavoidable, but if you can minimize the damage you do by making smarter and more concise purchases, you can use your own money that you save to help smaller businesses. Technology provides lots of opportunities to trade shit from anywhere quickly, now it's just time for the world to realize it. And that's something that only individuals can control, not the government.
>see "Bernie Sanders will save us by giving us rich people's money" shit on my Facebook everyday
>yes I'm mad
>>
I do use normal shops to buy jfashion accessories, but I mostly buy stuff from the kids section for fairy kei. I've found a lot of plain sparkly bracelets, or necklaces with coloured chains, but I usually try and remove charms or rework them to look more unique. I hate the fairy kei trend of just buying kids jewellery and wearing it straight up, it looks stupid as most of those necklaces aren't made well and already look cheesy.
>>
>>8857086
>And that's something that only individuals can control, not the government.

They can, it's called import taxes and anti-dumping laws.
>>
>>8856925
I support local industries if they're actually local, which at this point basically means farms and the occasional stall at a craft fair that isn't flooded with eBay crap. It's so much easier to get things direct from China, and as long as you have some common sense you're gonna get a good product. I think people spend so much on shit from Claire's because they honestly don't know where else to get cutesy crap. Once you learn the art of P+P lowest-highest you just don't see the point of paying £12 for a £2 bracelet with free shipping.
There's the treasure hunting aspect, too. I've seen so much cute yet painfully overpriced jewellery there amid the shitty paperclip earrings and ratty fake bangs that I'm convinced they just buy whatever factory surplus China has and call it a day. Coming across an adorable headband after digging through wonky Fimo fruit earrings for hours makes you feel like you've discovered something worth taking home, no matter the price tag.
And some people are just very, very thick. 'If you buy from China you're gonna get stuff that's terrible' seems to be a common mantra among people who are perfectly happy to shell out £10 for a shitty plastic band with bad lace hotglued on.
>>
>>8857320
I think anon was referring more to cutting down the size of super-corporations and leveling the economy out more. We have laissez faire here in the US, the government is limited in how much it can interfere in market prices and amount of goods available. Yes they can tax what is coming in, but with few exceptions they can't ban it so long as its with a non-embargo'ed country.
>>
>>8857086
I like you.
>Fuck Berniefags
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.