[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whyy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

i wanted to buy myself a stormtrooper costume but they are so expensive
can someone explain why, i mean its just a few pieces of plastic
>>
Not sure if bait, but there's an awful lot of money and work that goes into making a full suit of armor. Unless you want some cheap Spirit Halloween tier costume, expect to pay a lot.
>>
You must be 18+ to be here, OP. Go ask your parents for a raise in your allowance.
>>
>>8845976
if it's just a few pieces of plastic then why don't you do it yourself? sounds simple enough

10/10 mad eme reply
>>
Not op but honestly stormtrooper armor just looks like vacuum formed plastic over a black bodysuit- its not like they don't still have the molds and aren't mass producing them for 40$ a suit?
>>
Man you missed about the deal of a lifetime a year ago. Anovos was selling a full kit for about 350. Wont ever see something like that come up again anytime soon.

But yeah, there so expensive because of low supply vs very demanding demanders. SW fans are the ones who will bitch at other fans because the screw is a mm off in size or the wrong rivets are used.
>>
>>8845997
Yes and no actually.

Yes, the plastic is vac formed, and yes there are molds around. But plastic is a bit more expensive than you'd think. For it to be any form of survivable it needs to be at least 1 to 2 mm and your using at least 24x24 inch sheets of it to make all the pieces. Your looking at at least 15 to 20 sheets of plastic each kit which can get up there in price.

Then there is time to make, maintenance on the molds, workers to get paid, shipping etc. This is all just for a kit mind you. To get it assembled you can tack on at least another 500 to 1000 dollars to get it built with no promise that it would fit you.

So yeah, bit more than 40 bucks a suit.
>>
>>8846014
/thread
Thank you anon
>>
File: CDx5874.jpg (105KB, 443x596px) Image search: [Google]
CDx5874.jpg
105KB, 443x596px
If you want a good set of armor you're going to have to suck it up and pay for it both in cash and in time because it won't be cheap to buy and it won't be quick to arrive to your house and put together right.

>>8846007
Is right. A year ago you would've had the deal of the century. Now the least you could get that same armor for is at least $650. Bad news is that they're sold out and won't go back on sale any time soon. Sup Anovosfriend.
>>
>>8845976
Get a job
>>
>>8846007
>>8846101
I just had 2 suits of anovos classic trilogy stormtrooper arrive at my door last night finally.

Any recommendations or things to look for when setting it up? Tips and advice overall would be greatly appreciated. I want to take the time and do them right.
>>
>>8846391
Go to the 501st forum and look up which detachment has classic stormtroopers in it. Google their message board. (You have to be a member of the 501st to get onto the main 501st message board, but you don't have to be a member to get onto most of the detachment-specific boards.) Someone on those boards must have done "Anovos for Dummies" by now.
>>
>>8846391

You're going to be doing the A New Hope Stormtrooper - Stunt version.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Those are guidelines to follow if you wanted to join the 501st.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDunMes3e0wQn8_ns-ma4g

This guy also videos going step by step through building a kit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.