[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 26

File: 1452385543496.jpg (106KB, 491x577px) Image search: [Google]
1452385543496.jpg
106KB, 491x577px
Old thread >>8837594

Bodyline >>8814807
Closet of Frills >>8843282
Dream dress >>8807220
EGL wardrobes >>8794401
Oldschool >>8816742
Online comms >>8809159
Plus size Lolita >>8822201
Price check >>8822178
Skirts >>8814784
Social media >>8836853

Ouji >>8761165
EGA/Aristocrat >>8729403
BST >>8821001

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
sorry if any threads are missing, I tried.

what's your comm planning for Valentine's?
>>
>>8843746
We're going to have a cute little meet up at a cafe and exchange valentine's. I'm excited..One of my good friends is throwing it. Hopefully none of the annoying girls show up.
>>
>>8843746
Potluck tea party. There was a gift exchange that was going to happen, but only two people signed up for that part since the host said it wasn't mandatory, so I'm not even sure that part's going to happen. Too bad.
>>
File: 14.png (1MB, 1092x513px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
1MB, 1092x513px
Which releases are the most hyped? I barely check Lolita Updates, but it seems that AP will releases some boring lumious sanctuary-like stuff that looks the same and a few BTSSB-OTT knock-offs. I doubt there will be any bloodbaths
>>
>>8843796
>doubt there will be any bloodbaths
I will kill you and everyone you love for any of the marine prints.
>>
any gulls who have been burned by Lockshop, I'm going to collect the complaints and send them to the Federation of German Consumer Organisations. >>8843804 for more information, email is dropped for your complaints and screencaps.
>>
>>8843796
Nah I can sense a lot of bloodbaths, especially for Holy Theater and the sky print
>>
>>8843822

I turn into a rabid beast for any sky theme print
>>
>>8843798
But weren't the marine prints pretty 'meh' in popularity? I don't see this dream marine print going for much.

>>8843822
Maybe I'm biased, because all the pastel spring collections look the same to me, but I hope for some interesting chocolate release or Mistyk Sky rerelease.
>>
>>8843832
>But weren't the marine prints pretty 'meh' in popularity?
You say that as if that will stop me from lusting over them or killing anyone who gets in my way
>>
>>8843838
Sure, if you want, but I'm mostly interested if any of the upcoming prints will be a bloodbath. I'd like to know if I should buy them on release or not. I'd be so mad if I ended up liking one after release and buying it with a mark-up. I'd rather sell it if I don't like it.
>>
>>8843294
Anon are you still around? Wanted to know your shoulder measurements.

If they're not around, does anyone here have like, a little over 34cm shoulder width that can wear OPs? I wrote off wearing OPs because my shoulders are always like 3 or 4 cm over the listed measurements. This means they won't fit but that anon was talking about having big shoulders but still wearing OPs?

Some of my dream dresses are OP cuts. I'd love to wear them but if they don't fit I can't. I might buy one some day to try on, but I'd love to know if there is something I can do besides tailoring.
>>
>>8844250
I'm 36cm shoulder and have fit into OPs ok so far, my dream dress is actually an OP so I better fit into that shit.
>>
>>8843796
How can anyone tell at this point? You can't even see the freaking print in any of these pictures. I can't judge based on something I can't see.
>>
>>8843808
isn't Choke Dutch?
>>
>>8843841
>>8843832

You're forgetting that AP's main clientele doesn't even speak English. Don't go by what's "hyped up" unless you're also on weibo and mixi doing this same discussion there as well. Case in point, cgl shits on AP's berry prints every year and every year they sell out anyway to chinese/japanese lolitas.

I'd operate on the basis that whatever you like will likely be a bloodbath. Even if it's not a bloodbath, at least you got your dress. Unfortunately this seems to be AP's marketing tactic, they rely on girls buying dresses just in case the dress becomes sought after and gets scalped. Above all else, remember that it's just frilly dresses, the world isn't going to end if you don't have a particular print, which you will likely no longer love in two years' time anyway. Plus whatever is popular is likely to come back either as an MTO/special set/re-release, or gets rehashed as a repeat theme next year.
>>
can people please stop using the term high tea for afternoon tea? High tea= dinner for commonfolk, it sound so ridiculous when they try to be fancy calling it high tea
>>
>>8844288
the company is registered in Germany as per their T&C page
>>
>>8844405
Shut up.
>>
>>8844405
>muh folk etymology

>>In Australia any short break for tea in the afternoon is referred to as "afternoon tea". As a result, the term "high tea" is used to describe the more formal affair that the English would call "afternoon tea"

terms vary by region, imagine that
>>
>>8844250
I have 40cm shoulders and I just only just fit into Misty Sky OP. However I feel like if flexed, I'd bust out of that bad bitch.
It's fine if I'm not doing anything extreme though.
>>
There's no worn thread and I think it's more than likely a bit redundant to make a new thread for a dress that's only just come out.
But are there any worn pictures of Magic Princess yet? I know there's some with RinRin wearing them. Anybody got those? I just want to see a clear shot of the keys on a worn image. The gold looks a bit greenish to me from the stock images, yet the background image on the AP site makes the gold look nicer.
>>
>>8844288
yup, but she moved to Germany a while ago
>>
>>8843796
Cecilia Cross will be a bloodbath for sure, I'm thinking Celestial-level insanity
>>
>>8843796
I see a bloodbath for all of these. Is there any better picture of Jewel Marine and Melty Sky, though?
>that melty moon bag is what I want the most t b h
>>
>>8844434
Shoot. That is exactly what I was afraid of. Well thank you for the helpful comparison.

What really blows is that I've lost a ton of weight - got 15 inches off my waist, but my arms are still fucking huge. Oh well.
>>
>>8844548
I remember scalpers selling Melty moon for 300+. I'm terrified
>>
>>8844433
>>8844432
Everyone has excuses. Afraid of losing face because you've been doing things wrong?
>>
>>8844470
My pink JSK and headbow arrived at Tenso yesterday and it's being sent via EMS. I can post worn pics once it arrives by next week if that's not too long of a wait for you.
>>
>>8844686
Arms are the fucking worst, so I feel you. It seems like no matter how much you lose elsewhere, or you much you work on developing muscle instead, there's always that fucking chicken wing left behind.
>>
File: teaffani-high-tea-set[1].jpg (159KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
teaffani-high-tea-set[1].jpg
159KB, 500x750px
>>8844405
>>8844925

Some of us really can't. Some other clueless person named the menu English High Tea Set.
>>
>>8844250
Hi there, anon! I'm sorry, I didn't see your response to my question in the earlier thread.

I have 35 cm shoulders. I don't like wearing short sleeved OPs because (tmi) I sweat a lot and the sleeves dig into my pits, but I find that I usually have no problem with long sleeved AP OPs.

However, I have to check the shoulder measurements for S sized Innovent world OPs. Because I'm too much of a linebacker to wear a lot of Classic dresses. Good luck to you!
>>
>>8844686
Same anon. I have huge arms, so I feel your pain. Unfortunately, to me, it just seems like I have to ask for measurements and pray that it fits. Good luck to you again!
>>
>>8844943
>tfw will never have beautiful skinny arms

Why even live
>>
>>8844976
Cardigans, m8. Cardigans.

I can't wear OPs or short-sleeved blouses for my arms, but JSKs, and long-sleeved blouses almost always fit, and most cardigans have enough room to still look cute.

I have no idea how bigger girls fit into AP OPs without cutting off the circulation in their arms, though. I always cringe a little bit seeing that.
>>
>>8844250
Your shoulders are pretty normal width, you'll fit fine. Mine are 38cm and I buy OPs all the time.
>>
Most AP releases are bloodbaths, but how about Baby releases? I never hear much about them.
>>
>>8844996
Varies. Most people I know report not having an issue, but I always seem to be interested in the bloodbath releases. I've only managed to get in on reservations from Baby three times, out of the dozen or so times I've tried.
>>
>>8845004
I'm just excited for The Grace, but some of the release dates on various items are different, so I'm a little confused. It would be my first attempt at buying directly from brand, and I always hear about AP releases, but never Baby's, so I'm not sure how much different it is in that regard. I'm glad to hear it's not usually Too Bad, but I'm always worried that The Grace is just a more popular series.
>>
>>8843808

Whats going on with lockshop? I was about to order from her...
>>
>>8845024
I reckon it'll be pretty popular. It shares things in common with other series that were likewise popular/hard to get (Masquerade Theater or Tea Time Nostalgia for example).
>>
>>8844995
Really? Man I feel like my arms are fucking huge tho. And like I said, no matter how much weight I lose, they don't get smaller and I don't get why.
>>
>>8844980
I feel like cardigans just showcase my dumb fat arms even more. Especially if the arm sleeve ends up being tight, because then you can see the shape.

I want to cut my arms off and get robotic ones. Like hurry up technology.
>>
>>8845030
I know there are a bunch of personal issues happening for choke that is leading to why this is happening, but it seems like there is issue with some people getting their stuff and then shitty shitty customer service. It doesnt help that she is deleting comments that are negative, isnt that reachable via email on her site and seems overall just to not care.
>>
>>8843808
What was your issue anon?
>>
According to Lolita Updates, Luminous Sanctuary is being rereleased - bloodbath time
>>
For anyone who uses Lolita Sales Worldwide on FB, there's a vote going on now to ban or keep replicas in the group.

I'm not here to start any long-over done replica debate, but you should really vote them out so the group doesn't get shut down on the grounds of being a marketplace for counterfeit goods.

Can't link cuz 4chan thinks spam
>>
>>8845075

Ah ok, thanks for the info, anon!
>>
>>8845199
Just to further deter you, I've seen a couple of their wigs irl, and the fibres are really thin/wispy and the unnatural sheen is pretty noticeable.
>>
>>8845225
i have a Lockshop wig and it is gorgeous. i did get it from Lolita Collective so i did not deal with shitty customer service or anything. but the wigs are popular for a reason, they tend to look and feel great.
>>
>>8845225
My sweetheart wig is really nice, I get a ton of compliments on it. It's very good quality - looks natural and is easy to take care of. However, I also own the sylph and it gets tangled incredibly easily. A couple of members of my comm have also had negative opinions on the mermaid wigs.
>>
>>8845092
>bloodbath time
except there's a bunch of Luminous Sanctuarys available secondhand still
such bloodbath
>>
>>8845225
Basically, LS wigs are a complete shot in the dark as far as quality and you might get a great one and you might get a rat's nest that's not worth half of what you paid. Not worth the gamble imo.
>>
>>8845337
Yeah they waited too long for a rerelease and nobody cares anymore
>>
>>8845060
AP tends to be a bit larger than their minimum measurements, so you should go for it. I bought a blouse once from a store that said 34cm and while I could put it on I could tell it would burst at the seams once I moved. AP on the other hand has been quite comfortable, though long sleeve is better than short sleeves.
>>
>>8845083
I don't personally have an issue with her, but lots of people have been complaining and no one's taken action. I just want us to have a quality European wig seller, and I'm enough of a nobody to not give a shit if she flips out and tries to smear or dox me

>>8845075
there is no email/means of contact listed on her site and she removed the option to post to the facebook page.

the current action plan is to gather complaints, go to her first and if she doesn't take any action, escalate to VZBV/any other appropriate authorities. I'm not out for blood, I just want everyone to get their wigs or their money and choke to realise that she's fucked up and needs to stop making it worse
>>
>>8844925
I'm not afraid of 'losing face' because some autstic fuck has a winge about what people call their gatherings.
Noone cares, everyone understands what they mean, stop trying make it a big deal, it's not.
>>
>>8844925
Try not to embarrassing yourself any further with this cringey nonsense.
>>
>>8845474
>there is no email/means of contact listed on her site and she removed the option to post to the facebook page

I don't have a horse in this race but damn this is shady af
>>
>>8845060
>mfw I abandoned wearing OPs for the same reason
>>
File: 4Epn3Gf-FDU.jpg (137KB, 540x809px) Image search: [Google]
4Epn3Gf-FDU.jpg
137KB, 540x809px
what is the main piece here? It became my dreamdress
>>
Anybody else from the UK and feel really weird about prints with the union jack on? I really love the idea of British bear but wearing it would make me feel awkward. Is it a common feeling or am I over reacting?
>>
>>8845591
Juliette et justine, fancy french name. Use lolibrary to search, im too lazy
>>
>>8845773
I get you. I wouldn't wear them. I feel like everyone would assume I was either an American tourist or UKIP and it would be really uncomfortable.
>>
How dark of a grey is Nameless Poem in real life? When I Google it, it's either a really dark grey or light grey, so I can't really tell.
>>
>>8845773
Same. I think they're tacky, esp that IW one. Makes anyone look like a teaboo
>>
>>8845337
Proof that AP is completely fucking clueless about the secondhand market. Who even requested a rerelease?
>mfw i'm just salty that the upcoming prints are getting pushed back
>>
>>8843808
Do you still need a translator? I'm natively german.
>>
>>8845813
Uh... a lot of people did actually.
>>
>>8845337
Like the other anon said, they were really stupid when it came to timing these re-releases/MTOs. MTOs are best right after the release, I think, when everyone is still hyped and salty that they didn't get their items. For most releases, the hype dies down a bit after a while and the secondhand market evens out, so fewer people will buy the item. I'm surprised HL did as well as it has done, but I guess it's not all that surprising given how consistently popular it was.
>>
>>8845813

It was promised when the print was popular. AP doesn't really have a choice now except to go ahead with it since it's already been announced.

Bet they're now wishing they'd pushed up the release while the print was hot.
>>
>>8845813
I wonder how long it'll take for this to sell out, kek.
it definitely won't be a bloodbath at any rate, I'd be absolutely amazed if it was.
>sometimes I wonder if AP stares at their existing shit stock (including unnecessary rereleases) that still hasn't sold begging it to "please sell out already"!!
>meanwhile we're all begging for MTOs of shit we'd actually buy multiple pieces of and they're denying us
>>
Oh god... they won't release the same special set for Luminous Sanctuary, right? I spent $500 on that thing with shipping.
>>
>>8845898

They've never re-released a set, it's only leftovers that get resold on the online shop if it doesn't sell out. You're probably safe.
>>
I'm honestly really surprised how poorly Magic Princess sold. I'm not complaining, because hopefully this means I'll be able to pick up the round JSK for relatively cheap later, but I thought people were hype for it and magical girl coords.

Has anyone seen closeups of chocolate rosette in pink?
>>
File: 3_47.jpg (76KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
3_47.jpg
76KB, 300x400px
>>8845591
JetJ L'etoile du Soir JSK:
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/letoile-du-soir-jsk
>>
>>8845813
I know someone who has it, it's a beautiful dress. Still, there's a lot more worthy contenders than it, in my mind.
>>
>>8845911
Personally, I find it really meh for a magical girl themed dress. When I think magical girl I'm not usually thinking Castle Mirage + Wands.

I mean I'll get it later if I can get it cheap probably, but it's not a priority to me.
>>
>>8845911

That's why I told the other anon above not to go by the amount of hype or chatter only on Western comms. It looks like Magical Princess wasn't a hit with the Chinese and Japanese lolitas after all, which can determine how much of a bloodbath a release is going to be.
>>
>>8845830
someone did already offer themselves but feel free to e-mail just in case, I dropped it earlier!

>>8845911
it's magic girl, but it's shit magic girl.. unkawaii as fuck imo

is there any plane/aviation related dresses besides the meta flight attendant one? it's a weird question but..
>>
>>8845915
it's a very beautiful dress, but the point is there's more supply (at reasonable secondhand prices, even, compared to some other heavily scalped pieces) than there is demand for a rerelease. it's just an odd choice for the timeframe, and a matter of AP waiting far too long to rerelease.
>>
>>8845409
Thanks. Most OPS I'm after have longer sleeves. I can definitely never wear short puffy sleeves, I know that for sure now. So all those dresses have gone to the bottom of my dream dress list.
I think I'll eventually go for a Holy Lantern OP.
It's a damn good thing that I actually like AP because they seem to make the biggest dresses.
>>
>>8845911
I bought it when it came out. I don't care if it isn't as popular as I thought it would have been because I genuinely liked the print and the cuts they made for Magic Princess. I'm hyped for the other upcoming prints too (esp those Lavender Label dresses, god damn) and if they end up being unpopular as well, nbd to me.
>>
>>8845939
Speaking of which, is there a rocket themed dress? Space isn't enough for me, I want a fucking spaceship dress. Lolibrary doesn't show anything like what I want
>>
>>8846265
but anon, rockets aren't kawaii enough
>unless (in AP's/Baby's view) you add kawaii animals like cats/bears/rabbits/mice to them
>...mfw I'd buy a kawaii rocketship print where the rockets are piloted by kittens
>>
>>8845773
Definitely feel the same. Even worse, Jane Marple prints with the queen on. Like Royal stamp or their anniversary museum dress that I can never wear because it has her portrait on it.
>>
>>8846282
It's kawaii but like fairy key kawaii. I could definitely see an AP release like that though.
>>
Does anyone know how Royal Princess Alice's quality is? Also, do they take international orders or should I get a shopping service ready?
>>
Do you gulls ever buy a dress that's just a few cm below your waist size in the hopes that some kind of miracle will happen? I'm currently at 72 and this dress size is exactly a 72, I don't feel like I'll ever get any smaller, but I want this dress so bad.
>>
>>8846470
Get shapewear! If it's just a matter of a couple of cm, a girdle or waist cincher will give you enough reduction not to damage the dress.
>>
I need that victorian maiden hat in black or something like this. It's a pretty simple design but everyone on etsy just sells weird colors with tons of shit slapped on. Does anyone know historic reenactment stores that sell Edwardian style hats?
>>
Does AP always take money out of your account then put it back in or something? I've never checked in the past until I ordered some stuff this weekend, got the notification from my bank I spent X amount, but when I checked the following days, it's still there?
>>
>>8846460

Sorry if I ramble. I own 3 dresses from Royal Princess Alice.

It varies a lot it seems. Their Ghost Marie set is very nice and has a lot of little detailed trims on the edges of the fabric that you couldn't see in the stock pic. A lot different from their Sweet/Dark Grave Collection, which is pretty basic (no trim, lace, etc). Fabric wise, the prints are very detailed and are all on a soft light-weight polyester kind of fabric. No pockets on any of them but I'm happy to say that the prints match up seamlessly and the bows are made of their own fabric with a smaller version of the print (as opposed to the bows being made of scraps of fabric).
>>
>>8846575
they do a hold or w/e to make sure the money is in the account but they don't actually take the money until a certain time of the month (i have no idea when, other anons know)
>>
Do buyee bid on mbok?
>>
Hey guys! I bought this DoL skirt when I was a babby lolita. At some point forever ago, it got a stain, and it's been sitting in my closet since. I want to get rid of it, but I need to get the stain out - I think I spilled tea on it or something, but I don't really remember. It's some like... Weird ass velveteen material, and I'm not sure of how to go about getting the stain out without damaging it completely. I just want it out of my closet desu.
>>
>>8845911
I'm not that surprised when you think about how many prints and rereleases they've been pumping out, a lot of girls are probably saving for something they want more (that donut print) plus a combo of being hit during the holidays with all the releases and lucky packs. Personally I'm excited to get mine because all of the possible coord ideas, but I could see why a lot of lolitas in the states wouldnt be able to dish for as many releases as they want. (Some people really do have to let you know how much money they dont have for some reason)
>>
>>8846575
I came here to post about this. Normally when I make a purchase from AP, the payment shows as Pending and the money is withdrawn from my account. I checked my CC and my recent AP purchase wasn't listed at all and the funds seem to have been replaced. It's the first time this has happened to me.
>>
>>8846710
take it to a cleaner if google offers no solution
>>
>>8846818
This is normal, happens every time for me! Don't touch the money, it's not really there. They'll actually charge it in a couple days!
>>
>>8846710

It's a replica, not really a popular one at that, so even without stain I'm not sure it'll sell for a lot. You might want to consider that before taking it to the cleaners.

At worst you could sell it stained, but price it at like $10 for people to use as craft materials, or just give it away.
>>
>>8846470

I've done it for bust measurements on jsks, but never waists. Like other anon says, if you just need a couple of cm, some shapewear (in my case a sports bra) can easily help you fit into the dress.

I don't do it for waist measurements because I generally have the most fit problems with busts, shoulders and bodice length. Anytime a waist measurement is too small for me the bodice is also usually cut too short for me. If you don't have these kinds of fit issues then you don't need to worry about them, though.
>>
>>8846848
>>8846869
Yeah, I'm not really looking to make money, but to just get rid of it, haha. I was considering tea-dying it, but I've heard you're not supposed to put velveteen in water, so I'm not really sure if that would be okay.
>>
>>8846470
Like the other anons said, shapewear is my savior. Though I usually don't try to squeeze into small waist sizes, for me it's just the bust. I wear a binder for small busted dresses.
>>
>>8845225
Seems like different batches vary wildly in quality, and I don't think the new stuff looks as good. I have two of the older mermaid styles and they're really nice.
>>
>>8845773
I don't mind British Bear because the flags are small, but I wouldn't wear that IW union jack print if you paid me. I'm really not patriotic but I'll overlook excessive Britishness if it's a fairly unobtrusive part of the design.
>>
>>8846928
What brands would you recommend?
>>
>>8845911
I'm going to buy it as soon as they put it up on AP USA. I think it's pretty underrated! I saw up close photos of it and I was sold. I'm hoping for the pink Napoleon JSK, pink headbow, and the pink wristcuffs. I think it's gorgeous!
>>
File: Emily_optimized-300x400.jpg (36KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Emily_optimized-300x400.jpg
36KB, 300x400px
So I asked Shueisha English Edition on Facebook 3 weeks ago if there was any way I could still get a copy of Emily after the previous publisher shut down, or if they had any updates on finding a new publisher. Still no answer. I might never be able to read this book...
>>
File: 1408567909337.gif (452KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1408567909337.gif
452KB, 500x246px
>>8847015
Woah, what is this? What's it about? Since when did Novala become relevant and start publishing shit again?
>>
>>8847006
Seconding this. I bought shape wear off ebay and it's only kind of good. Are the more expensive ones better?
>>
File: feelsbadmayng.png (205KB, 431x417px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadmayng.png
205KB, 431x417px
>>8847095
Oh, I'm fucking dumb. I didn't realize it's been out for a while.

According to the website, it looks like they haven't found a retailer. They should sell them in Kinokuniya, but knowing how it is, they're still going to look for a Japanese seller first.

They should just release them as MTO or something.
>>
>>8846584
You weren't rambling at all. Thank you for all the details!
>>
>>8847006
>>8847101
Not that anon but I love Vedette's extra firm shapers - I'm quite petite but still get pooch on my lower belly, so for fitted dresses I like to hold things in as much as possible. The only issue is that the ones I have contain latex for strength so get quite sweaty - that being said, I've worn them for full days without issues. The cheaper uniqlo ones are ok as well, but won't really reduce overall measurements just smooth out lumps.
>>
>>8847095
>>8847107
it's digital only though anon, no physical copies. iirc they posted a while back (maybe a couple years now lol) not to send inquiries on some of their titles because the english team doesn't have control over distribution.
>>
>>8847126
Boo. Keep us updated. In retrospect, his stories are cheesy and the writing reminds me of rpg board posts (not to mention that they're basically novelized ads for niche fashion brands), but it's nice to know that he's still kicking.
>>
it was ages ago but I remember some anon trying to find these http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m134091314
>>
File: 2_19_8.jpg (135KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
2_19_8.jpg
135KB, 480x720px
>>8846282
What about pumpkin cat's planet

>even though it is out of stock
>>
>>8847465
that print is adorable, but the bodice/shirring reminds me of those "instant sundress" fabrics you can buy for little girls.
>>
>>8847465
Oh wow. I hate front shirring since I'm average sized and it looks weird but that print is exactly what I want. I'll put that on the list of sold out pumpkin cat and haenuli things I want lol
>>
>>8846507
can't you just check on Wunderwelt? they have a lot of VM hats I believe
>>
>>8847590
They don't.
>>
>>8846710
Why don't you make a cute cushion?
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 600x799px
Might seem like an odd question, but does anyone know if those moon bags with clouds are a replica? I've seen a lot of taobao resellers stocking them?? Pic related
>>
>>8847729
They're replicas of APs moon bags.
>>
>>8847729
>>8847743
dropped pic
>>
>>8847729
>>8847743
This may sound like an even dumber question, but are replica bags more widely accepted as being "okay?" I see them quite frequently, and really not called out as much as a replica dress. Same goes for shoes and accessories.
>>
>>8847750
They're pretty much fine. Some people on the internet might give you shit from time to time, but most people don't care at all because design replicas are not illegal like print replicas.
Also this bag in particular always struck me as "inspired by" rather than a replica because it's so different.
>>
>>8847750

Print replica hate mostly centres around the fact that the artwork is stolen, and the fact that most lolitas can recognise the really popular prints the are often replicated. There's no way two random people can accidentally paint the exact same picture, line for line, so a print replica is always definitely stolen artwork.

Non print replicas tend not to be called out because (a) two people can coincidentally come up with the same design, most of lolita is just the same elements mixed together in different ways, and (b)most lolitas don't actually recognise the non print stuff as easily as the print stuff. Easiest case in point are all the shoes with more than one strap that everyone calls tea parties. There are so many Mary Jane-like designs from both btssb and ap, including several variations from ap themselves, most girls don't remember what they look like exactly, let alone what is a replica of what.

With regards to the moon bag, though, the one with the cloud is not a replica because it's not 100% the same design. You can certainly say they were copying AP, but usually the point of a replica is to fool people that you're carrying the original, and without the same shape it becomes really obvious that the cloud-moon bag is not AP. (whether the taobao shops are making replicas of each other's bags is a whole other story, though)
>>
>>8847750
Like the anons above said, bags are more accepted than prints. Same goes for shoes.
>>
>>8847750
>are replica bags more widely accepted as being "okay?"
unless it's something like Moitie's bat bag, yes.
>>
>>8847818
I've seen people wear those and no one giving a fuck too.
>>
>>8845225
I have a newer Sylph one and while it gets tangly it's really manageable and easy to style. The fibers are pretty thick and it get mistaken for my natural hair fairly often since it matches my natural color so well (I sometimes wear it as a half wig)
>>
>>8845788
I used to own it, mine was quite dark grey. If I´m not mistaken, they´ve re-released it several times, so it´s possible some releases were lighter than the others.
>>
>>8845225
I have A LOT of their wigs and I will say that all of them have combed easy. I've had a few come with a thin bang area but that is my only gripe. My oldest and most worn wig is about 2 years old now and it's just starting to show some wear on the ends.
>>
Lolibrary's been doing this thing to me where it takes 5x longer to load than any other website. Is anyone else having that problem?
>>
>>8847910
Yup.
>>
>>8847743
Sounds like all the moon-shaped bags are AP replicas
>>
>>8847910
>>8847910
I'm having the same issue with yahoo auctions. Sometimes, it takes 2 minutes for a page to load, and sometimes it doesn't load at all and I have to refresh 10 times until the page finally loads. All other pages load just fine. And I have this issue for a week already.
>>
>>8847896
>Worn Thread
anon the namefield is not the subject line, fyi
>>
>>8847750
Honestly, this position sounds kinda hypocritical to me. If one can tell the origin of particular pair of shoes or a bag, it's definitely a replica and should be treated the same way as a print knock-off, same goes for non-printed dresses. I mean, any random flat mary janes can not be recognized as a replica of AP tea parties, but some shoes with a plenty of same elements like shape, wood-like sole, crossed straps around the ankle and scalloped inner hem obviously can.
>>
>>8847973
Why is it hypocritical. One is legal, one is not. Knock offs are legal and result in more creativity in the industry.
>>
>>8847966
I see now, thank you anon.
>>
File: shoes.jpg (84KB, 799x346px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
84KB, 799x346px
>>8847973

>>8847973

I always thought it's because no one wants to deal with the hassle of getting nitpicky with the non prints. I mean, look at the anon up above who thinks all moon-shaped bags are now replicas of AP's melty bag. Now just imagine dealing with a whole bunch of newbies like that who simply don't see what's in front of them, and having to explain that just because a pair of shoes has a bow in front, multiple ankle straps and scallops does not mean IW is now replicating AP, we aren't going to shame IW sandals because the bow and shoe type are different, but we are going to shame some other shoes even though the straps are a different width and the bow looks different because the differences in the other pair of shoes is just the shop being sloppy copying tea party shoes while IW is purposefully making a different design, and how you arrived at this conclusion, and how to apply this logic to other pairs of shoes they find.

I mean, if you want to do it, you have my full support, I just don't want to be the one who sits there patiently explaining to newbies, "here is the difference, this is not a replica" and "here is the difference, this is a sloppy replica".
>>
>>8847988
Producing of replicas is illegal, but buying is not. For customers it's more a moral issue and from this point there is no difference between supporting legal replication and illegal one.
>>
>want to buy petti from melikestea bc she makes them very nice, they get here within reasonable times, and they're affordable
>January slots got eaten
>said she was reopening commissions in February
>lol jk she actually opened again on the 31st
>commission slots got eaten again by some faggot with a group order

Should I email and beg? It's not that I don't have money, it's just that I can't be glued to social media all the time checking for commission releases.
>>
>>8848154
Why don't you just get one from bunny house
>>
>>8848169
They look a bit cheap to me. What's the average shipping time to US, do you know?
>>
Gulls, I'm curious. Have you ever traded multiple (popular/expensive, say from AP and/or Baby) dresses for a more expensive holy grail dream dress? I've been slowly expanding my closet of burando, and I'm wondering now if this is a thing. I'd rather trade a few existing dresses I have for a more expensive one (say Cat's Tea Party) than dump $1,300+ more in cash on a super expensive dress, without having to go through sales the second those expensive/rare dresses actually pop up.
>>
Has anyone ever bought the chess story raincoat? Does it even work?
>>
>>8848213
Yes, it works well. I have had it on in a pretty hard rain and it didn't leak in the seams. I only wore it for a pretty short time (~15 minutes at a time).
>>
>>8848196
My friend owns one and she loves it. And she's a self-admitted brandwhore so, very picky about quality

She said that from the time she ordered to the time it arrived at her door, it took about 2 months... not sure if that's better or worse than MLT?
>>
>>8848266
>>8848238

That's great news,

where did your friend order it from?
>>
Can anyone recommend some other japanese shopping services besides Chibi Tenshi? I've only had good experiences with her in the past, but she seems very busy these days.
>>
>>8848309
Tokyo Pirates have always been reliable. But note that her fees are more than Chibi Tenshi.
>>
>>8848266
>2 months
..cripes. My orders from MLT takes less than a week if I buy something premade, two and a half weeks if commission.
>>
>>8848266
How long has she had it for? I loved mine initially but it deflated to a modest, medium poof within about 4 months of light use.
>>
I don't actually own any, but what is the typical length of the maxipad headdresses?
>>
>>8847590

Different anon, but no they dont. Stop espousing things you don't know.
>>
>>8848154
Get one from The Black Ribbon. It's more pricey than your average indie petticoat but soft and poofy as hell.
>>
>>8847750
I think they're tacky as fuck. Not only are they knock offs, they always look terrible and you can always tell. I feel like all the people who say no one cares are those with these bags.
>>
File: 1401231267822.png (232KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
1401231267822.png
232KB, 500x525px
Buyee won't let me purchase an item because the seller has 32 bad feedbacks, but they have almost 3000 feedback over all, that's only 3% genitive but they don't have a button to let me ask them to review it, how would be the best way for me to ask them to let me buy it anyway.
>>
>>8849076
and in addition, sorry I should have added this to that post, do I have to pay the payment fee of 200 yen for each auction, is there no way to pay together. Sorry for all the questions but I usually use fromjapan and all these hidden fees seem over abundant.
>>
>>8847750
>>8847746
>>8847729
Everyone knows AP's bags are sourced from Chinese factories anyway. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. The problem is these factories don't have the same kind of quality control, and sellers don't give a fuck about dicking over individual buyers.
>>
>>8849081
Why are you using buyee in the first place if you normally use fj?
>>
>>8849088
Because I already have a tenso account I got a coupon for up to 10000yen for international shipping.
>>
>>8848213
I bought it, haven't worn it in rain yet but it's made out of the same sort of material as normal rain coats so I'd assume it works?
>>
>>8849088
Is fj actually better though? I'm so sick of their double corrugated cardboard that spikes the s+h fee, even when I tell them not to touch anything, it doesn't seem to help no matter what I do.
>>
>>8849085

Not really. China's not one big factory where everything gets on the same factory floor. I've owned some replica bags so dodgy, the pleather on one peeled for no reason, after just being removed from packaging and left on a shelf, untouched. The bag itself had a sort of yumi king hotglued-together look, too. It's so different from real burando, I don't think it was even made the same way, and the material is obviously miles below anything acceptable for burando.

Taobao quality doesn't vary because there's no quality control. Taobao quality varies because it's several hundreds of different shops and factories. And AP probably only hires one or two factories, so the hundred other factories churning out replicas are making up their own thing as they go along.Not really. China's not one big factory where everything gets on the same factory floor. I've owned some replica bags so dodgy, the pleather on one peeled for no reason, after just being removed from packaging and left on a shelf, untouched. The bag itself had a sort of yumi king hotglued-together look, too. It's so different from real burando, I don't think it was even made the same way, and the material is obviously miles below anything acceptable for burando.

Taobao quality doesn't vary because there's no quality control. Taobao quality varies because it's several hundreds of different shops and factories. And AP probably only hires one or two factories, so the hundred other factories churning out replicas are making up their own thing as they go along.
>>
>>8849257

whoa. no idea why the text repeats. Please ignore and sorry.
>>
How old is Lor ? I need to settle a bet
>>
>>8849338
why don't you ask her?
she's in her twenties, that much is obvious
>>
File: marieantoinette.jpg (46KB, 600x220px) Image search: [Google]
marieantoinette.jpg
46KB, 600x220px
Thoughts about BTSSB's Marie Antoinette and Marie Antoinette Lace series?
>>
>>8849338
She's like 24 or something.
>>
>>8849341
>>8849497
Shit what? She looks like she's in her forties.
Damn girl drink more water and use sunblock or something.
>>
How low is too low for an offer?
Someone's selling something that regularly goes for around $100, but for $220. I'd feel bad for asking her to bring it down to even $150, but it still just feels like too much.
>>
>>8849676
I say wait until the dress pops up somewhere else, anon. If she's trying to scalp you that hard, the chances of her being even vaguely reasonable during the transaction are slim to none.
>>
>>8849477
I might spring for this if I can't get the AP release. Is it just me or is it stupid of them not to have a sax blue option for the Rococo OP?
>>
Why must AP USA charge nearly $200 for a goddamn blouse... ugh. I want it so bad, too.
>>
>>8849529
Lmao. I think she just got dealt a weird genetic hand - she looks like felicity Huffman most of the time or that chick from nurse jackie. Some women just have that kind of face.
>>
>>8849784
Buy it from AP Japan?
>>
File: marieantoinette-mint.jpg (87KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
marieantoinette-mint.jpg
87KB, 480x640px
>>8849748
The Rococo OP looks nice, but I'm not going to buy that. I prefer the JSK II version with chiffon running down the middle in either ivory or mint. I'm going have to get an underskirt commissioned.

When anything lolita that is Versailles/Marie Antoinette/rococo related, it piques my interest 1000%.
>>
>>8849477
i'm kind of in love with this oh no
>>
>>8849852
Sold out weeks ago.
>>
I just got invoiced by maiden for an op and am starting to have second thoughts, if I decide not to go through with it will they blacklist me?
>>
>>8849529
her info page on tumblr says she's a 20-something so it's her 20s, not 40s.
>>
File: tumblr_lyhf3klasN1ro91bjo1_250.gif (305KB, 245x154px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyhf3klasN1ro91bjo1_250.gif
305KB, 245x154px
Luminous Sanctuary didn't need a re-release. Stock is just sitting there. Any hype for this is long dead.
>>
Secrets
>>
>>8850474
Wow. Really glad I didn't go to the meetup at Ohayo now. I'm scared I would've shown up in those secrets.
>>
>>8850357
>topkek
we told you so
>>
>>8850520
i haven't even looked there yet but shit like this makes me not want to go to any meetup ever just for the sake of my own sanity
you salty bitches
>>
>>8847746
What is the name of the one with the cloud?
>>
>>8850474
My secret wasn't posted even though all names and faces were obscured and it wasn't over the image limit. Odd.
>>
>>8849497
Given how long she's been making videos and how she looked in her 20s in the early ones, maybe 26? IDK. A lot of girls in my comm are around that age now.
>>
>>8850672
Post here?
>>
First time buying from clobba, how long do they usually take to reply to an order form?
Are they in China, cause I know that holiday shut down my taobao orders until mid Feb.
>>
>>8851073
I sent an inquiry yesterday and they already replied to me. It says give them 24 hours to respond. I emailed though, I didn't use the web application. Note that EMS is the only immediate shipping option available due to the holiday.
>>
>>8851079
That's why I asked, cause it's been 24hrs since I sent in a form.
Their contact thing on their site doesn't work so I just emailed them a form as an attachment. Their form was all over the place tho, and I kind of fixed it, so I'm a bit worried they won't understand what I did...
>>
>>8848584
Bumping for this, I made one and it looks odd
>>
>>8849893
Even if they do, who cares? Their selection sucks. Why is there no baby on the mobile page? Do they not carry it or just put a broken link button
>>
>>8850474
Whats the one about venus? Did her husbando realize she was using him as a free ride to live in glorious nippon? LJ hates me and crashed half way through loading the page and now when i refresh it won't load at all
>>
>>8844405
Just do it right yourself, quit trying to police what others do. Lead by example because it just makes you look petty when you cry about what others 'are doing wrong'.
>>
>>8849676
Why not just buy it elsewhere if it 'regularly goes for' so much less? Or set out a wtb for the going rate. I did that once and someone who was offering the item high met my price so I got it for the more reasonable price. We compromised on shipping and it was a good transaction. Try it.
>>
>>8851196
According to her ig she and her boyfriend/husband/whatever left her mom in Korea and returned to Japan. Now mom is posting lots of horrible crap in the ig comments because she's mad her daughter left. Poor girl. I hope she returns to making videos after they get settled in though, I always thought her vids were cute if a little awkward.
>>
>>8848584
>>8851107
I own a few from BABY, they're around 24-25 cm long with about 2 cm of lace.
>>
>>8851210
oh damn. well I hope this means at least she's escaped her mother? I don't like venus but it wasn't hard to see her mom was batshit and was at least 50% the reason behind all the stuff venus did.
>>
>>8851196
Venus finally ran away from her crazy mom, who controls her too much and manipulates Venus since she became famous and longer than that. Her husband just helped her realize that Margo is just a bad influence on her life who cares nothing but fame and fortune that Venus brings in and helped her run away from the crazy bitch.

Margo is currently trying to ruin Venus' image by posting how Venus bullied her and controlled her, blah blah blah, and posting things and images to ruin Venus' image. And for some reason Margo is really heavily concerned on Venus' virginity as well according to comments she made on IG. She is also wants to walk to a river to kill herself and is looking for Venus in Japan. On lolcow you can find the current information for the drama but it looks like Venus finally became free from her mom's deadly grip and a lot of fans are damn proud of her.
>>
>>8851109
are you an idiot? of course they have a page for baby, check it without mobile.
>>
>>8851210
>Now mom is posting lots of horrible crap in the ig comments because she's mad her daughter left.
one of the ways social media can really screw people up.
>>
Is it possible to make mohawk and lolita work? Or is it doomed to fail?
>>
>>8851266
>She is also wants to walk to a river to kill herself and is looking for Venus in Japan
what the absolute fuck
does Japan have restraining orders because Venus sounds like she really needs one stat
>>
>>8851321
Yeah it's pretty much doomed...and this is coming from someone who has a secret dream to make white girl dreads work. Mohawks are just too uncute, even for punk lolita. They're spiky and stiff, when hairstyles that work with lolita are fluffy or smooth.
>>
>>8851322
Another thing is that Margo has all of Venus's money and won't give her the PIN to her account and also locked her out of the gmail associated with her YouTube channel.
>>
>>8851361
Holy shit! What a crazy bitch! Im glad venus is free of her, but i wonder if she can get her email and password changed if she messages youtube? Or i guess worse comes to worse, she can start a new youtube. She has enough of a following i think that her fans would subscribe to a new channel for her so any revenue would go to a new account. Im not really sure of the legality of it all but surely they could do something?
>>
>>8851321
as someone who used to have a mohawk, no. If you really want a mohawk get used to wearing wigs with lolita.
>>
>>8851321
I know Kinki Kitty sported a mohawk hairstyle a few years ago when she was in lolita.
>>
>>8851266
>Margo is really heavily concerned on Venus' virginity
We all kind of figured that one out when she sent Venus to model for Mr. Yan. Alone. That woman sees her daughter as nothing but a commodity.

I've never liked Venus' stuff, but her mother is legitimately a terrifying fucking monster.
>>
>>8851353
>>8851321
>they're spiky and stiff
I'm not a proponent for mohawks in lolita, but stereotypical punk rock liberty spikes aren't the only way to do a mohawk. I've seen lots of mohawks done in cute ways.
That being said, don't do mohawks in lolita. Iirc a girl did it before but that was a while ago. Styles and rules change, and if you do that today in 2016 you'll be 99% certain to be ripped apart for it.
>>
So I desperately need to get rid of a never worn ita dress I've had for a number of years. How did you former ita gulls get rid of your crap? I don't think it will fly on LM because there is so much nice stuff in comparison and I don't want to be known as "that girl" who sells ita shit on LM/FB. I know we all hate to see itas but how can I still sell it to a sucker for cheap? I don't care about profit, just want it gone with like $25.
>>
>>8851480
deposit it directly in the garbage can
>>
>>8851480

eBay brah.
>>
>>8851480
ebay or a cosplay sales group on FB.
>>
>>8851480
I know there's an anon that buys ita dresses for a "what not to do" kind of panel - maybe post something in the BST thread to find her? I forget what her email is. she may even be lurking in this thread.
>>
>that post in rc...
>>
>>8851538
WHY do they keep CAPITALIZING shit like THIS
>can't tell if TROLLING
>mfw they deny that they're TROLLING and are HURT by the ACCUSATION
>>
>>8851585
If a privately owned place wants to turn you away because they don't want your presence or your business for whatever reason, they have every right to providing they are not violating any anti-discrimination laws. It's really that simple. Businesses have the right to refuse admittance or service.
>>
>>8851480
Anime sales groups. Especially those with younger members because they won't give a fuck if it's ita or not. If it's reasonably priced in their eyes (less than the cosplay ita shit on ebay) they'll buy it
>>
>>8851655
pls
They obviously just got kicked out and thought it was funny. If they were actually upset, they wouldn't have taken that picture or made a whole topic about it on RC. I think they're overdoing it, but the fact that so many people can't tell it's a joke makes it kind of funny still.
>>
>>8851707
I'm a bit concerned about them desu. It's like looking at a group of autists who can't tell when a joke is running too far. Bit cringey, familia.
>>
>>8851707
Right.
But some of those rage-y comments...not so funny maybe.

(Select images with 'cactus')...yep!
>>
>>8851538
>No caps
What are you all even talking about.
>>
>>8851266
Holy fucking shit. Man Venus has always seemed like such a troll but I really do wish her the best, her mom always seemed so controlling during their interviews
>>
>>8851361
Isn't she legal age now? Can't she sue for that shit?
>>
At my comm's last meet they were discussing having a pot luck again. Does anybody else have a community that is FILLED with picky eaters/allergies/specific dietary choices which makes potluck events more of a 'bring your own food to eat so you don't get hungry'?

I have so many cute recipes but every single one of them at least one person will have a complaint about it.
>>
>>8851266
Good for her. I hope things work out.
>>
>>8851929
What about a nabemono gather, with something like hotpot or sukiyaki? That way people can just pick what they want to cook and eat. You could also keep things separated in each pot for allergies and have little sauces like ponzu and peanut, would be very fun.
>>
>>8851926
Maybe she can but problem is, the way she has been raised by a nutcase, it could be her mom never let her see or have her personal legal information making it impossible for Venus to show proof or evidence that it is her bank account and it also could be under both person's names if the account was opened when Venus was still a minor.

And yes Venus is legal now but her mom wants Venus to be a child forever who makes her money and famous.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 439x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 439x750px
Is there any reason why Moitie doesn't do re-releases? Has it ever been tried to ask for a re-release AP style? The future of the brand looks pretty grim..
>>
>>8851929
honestly if you can cater to the majority anyone with more obscure allergies/dietary needs will probably be used to taking care of their own needs and won't expect everyone to cater for them. i'm a picky eater personally so i always eat before going to meets, just because it's easier for me and i would never expect everyone to cater specifically for me.
>>
>>8851585
Obvious troll is obvious.
>>
>>8848459
different anon, but i've had my bunny house petti since 2014 and with pretty regular wear it's still a monster. i got the medium size one as well.
>>
Can I wear teased (backcombed) hair with lolita? Yoy know, messy hair like goths do
>>
>>8852021
no
>>
When you're staring at something on cc trying to decide if you should buy it and you know if you don't decide someone else will get it, but you still can't decide till eventually it does get bought, probly for the best anyway.
>>
>>8852021
You can wear 2 backcombed pigtail. I believe I saw Mana-sama with them.
>>
>>8852021
Yes. But try to wear something gothic or saccharine sweet with it.
>>
>>8852042
Will old school work?
>>
File: lolita_1.jpg (187KB, 517x800px) Image search: [Google]
lolita_1.jpg
187KB, 517x800px
>>8852093
Absolutely. But you might need bangs though.
>>
File: tumblr_lk1kmdTeZm1qij2iyo1_1280.jpg (95KB, 791x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lk1kmdTeZm1qij2iyo1_1280.jpg
95KB, 791x1100px
>>8852104
>>
>>8852104
I used to have bangs when I was about 14. It's not my thing at all. Doesn't suit me.
>>
Does anyone know where to find oldish jetj, victorian maiden and moitie? lolibrary isn't working for me again.
>>
>>8851929
My comm is like that but people still share stuff, it's just people with the allergies who stick to their own stuff more.
>>
>>8852106
Try a clip-in. You might be surprised. I avoided bangs for years because I had them as a kid and they didn't look good, but your face changes as you age. I got bangs recently and I really wish I'd done it before, it's so much better with lolita.
>>
File: lazyaf.jpg (132KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
lazyaf.jpg
132KB, 480x640px
>>8849477
this is really lazy af especially at that price
>>
>>8852106
Literally anyone can look good in bangs, you just have to figure out what kind work best for your face. I have a long face but round cheeks, so I have blunt bangs that go to my eyebrows to shorten to my face. I also look like a chipmunk with my eyebrows covered, so I use a flat iron to flip the ends a bit to the side, so you can see my eyebrow a bit, and it looks a lot better.
You can try bangs that are mid-forehead, long cheek-length bangs that you push all to one side, wide cuts, narrow cuts, deep cuts, shallow cuts.
My biggest pet peeve is that no one these days has bangs. You only think they look bad because you had them once when you were 12.
End 5heads in Lolita fashion.
>>
>>8852253
Same. Marie Antoinette Lace is not great while AP's non-print is better.
>>
>>8852113
Not anymore but have you found a site that has old j et j? I really like a lot of their very old stuff but it seems like CC and all those places just have the ugly new painting prints
>>
>>8851986
I would buy the fuck out of this if they did a rerelease, what's a good email for moitie?
>>
>>8851721
This. I get that they're joking, but who gives a fuck and why are they spamming every group? They even posted individually in CoF, like get over yourselves
>>8851929
Its a damn potluck, people can bring their own gluten, nut, fat, love free food if they "need" to. They should be grateful you brought anything instead of mooching. Make whatever you want
>>
How do you tell if something is made from a cutsew material or not? Want to buy a dress, but can't tell 100%..
>>
my friend got posted and torn apart on cgl, i feel pretty bad about what happened because she's a pretty nice person. would it be distasteful to bring up some of the criticisms to her so maybe she can improve? or should i just keep my mouth shut?

my worst fear is her finding this stuff later and thinking i contributed or something.
>>
>>8852402
Can you see the stitching at all? Knit fabrics will have two lines of stitching.
>>
>>8852409
Thanks anon, but I can't. Any other ideas? ;_;
>>
>>8852426
There are pleats and a lining (not sure where it's located).
>>
Any NYC lolitas with good feedback willing to do a an in person SS run? The item is not lolita related and is fragile.
>>
>>8852407
I've been thinking how I'd want my friends to react or what I'd like them to say to me if(when) I get posted and still not 100% sure. I'd know that none of them contributed but I don't think I'd want any of them to come running to tell me either.
I only read here when I think there will be some interesting info though so they know I don't follow cgl as anything serious for me or anyone else 'getting posted' but more for news or out of occasional boredom.
I'd probably rather they did not tell me. I know I am not an ita in general and if one of my coords got ripped, I'd be more like 'oh, well, kk, guess they did not like THAT much'.
But you almost sound like you already wanted to give her concrit though and would use this as your opportunity. Not sure I'd appreciate that at all if I hadn't already asked for concrit from you. More kind of like a double punch.
>>
>>8851929
the people in my comm can't cook to save their soul. I love them but honestly, I'd be afraid to eat what they brought...judging by lolita recipe, cooking and photo threads, lolita potluck is NOT a good idea to me at all. ever.
>>
>>8851929
maybe have a bento lunch event where everyone DOES bring their own cute lunch.
>>
>>8852370
I only saw the thread in RC and 1 coord pic in CoF, did they post anywhere else?
>>
>>8852402
ask. at minimum they can take a photo of the fabric up close or a photo of the tag and you can translate it.
>>
>>8852407
>would it be distasteful to bring up some of the criticisms to her so maybe she can improve? or should i just keep my mouth shut?
only critique if she asks for it.
>>
>>8852449
NYC lolita here! I have more feedback shipping LUSH stuff (bath bombs and other things that can break easily in transit) than fragile lolita things. Email me and I'll give you my LM feedback and feedback from LUSH fb group sales.
>>
>>8852366
Moitie does not re-release and good luck communicating or requesting anything anywhere if you can't even find an email for a company jeez. They do not speak English at the company site either nor sell direct to anywhere outside Japan. Second hand sales are your best bet and be prepared to look a bit. Also are you familiar with the fit? Lastly, be prepared to pay because many people hang on to their MnM and it often holds the resale value well. That's my best advice.
>>
>>8852409
>>8852447

not that anon, but usually stretch fabric (what most cutsews are made of) have an overlock stitch at the hem, aka a double stitch. this is to keep the stitch stretchy. most cotton or lining fabrics are hemmed with an invisible stitch or regular stitch, depending on the brand and design.
>>
>>8852113
no such convenient site, you have to post a wtb, with name and photo of the item. then pray.
>>
>>8852402
what dress is it? is there nothing on lolibrary about it? post a pic? I've only ever seen very specific dresses made from cutsew material - usually they're sack type dresses if that helps at all (I don't think I've ever seen a regular JSK or OP with a skirt+bodice that was made of jersey/cutsew fabric)
>>
>>8852021
try it with a test coord and ask a few people you trust to be honest, that's the only way to know.
>>
>>8851986
moitie,..re-release...iron gate...my sides...
is it noob/troll week on here or whaaaaat?
>>
File: 1440542291867.jpg (35KB, 291x288px) Image search: [Google]
1440542291867.jpg
35KB, 291x288px
>>8852494
>>
>>8851929
potluck events are not my favorite for several reasons. I flat out won't go unless there's something planned afterwards so I can show up later for it.
>>
>>8852407
I personally would not mention it until she brings it up herself (like if she whines about in on facebook, or to you). You can tell her that while you are sorry she got posted, it's not the end of your life if one bad photo is posted on cgl. Also, the ita threads alone do not reflect cgl's value to lolita fashion -- there are help threads like coord help, sewing, resin, general crafting, etc.

It sounds like you are a very nice friend to worry about her like this. Generally, though, unless she's shown signs in general conversation that she's open to blunt-but-constructive feedback in buying or selecting clothing to wear (think of the terrible stereotype "sassy gay friend" who tells you what or what not to wear and why), I would count on group photos to show her how terrible she looks compared to other people. Keep wearing lolita well on your own, and she may decide to amp up her game, either out of admiration or competitiveness or both.
>>
>>8852262
I just don't like the upkeep of bangs, they get oily much quicker than the rest of my hair and require attention to ever look good. I'd considered them at one point but am afraid I'd instantly regret it. Bang grow out is the worst.
>>
>>8851986
If you're worried about the future of Moitie, I think it'd be better to find the e-mail related to GLB so they can stay in it.
>>
>>8852550
>Bang grow out is the worst.
Especially when you have a full time job and you can only get a hair cut on your day off.
>>
>>8852550
>>8852956
Try clip-in bangs, they're great. Cheaper than a haircut and require minimal wrangling after they've been trimmed to fit your face. Kanekalon is easy to color-match with your own hair, the colors are all numbered and you can probably find a swatch ring at a local beauty supply store to check the match with your hair.
>>
>>8852956
I usually trim my own bangs. I went to the salon and had my stylist show me how to do it so I wasn't making a ton of trips in between regular hair cuts.
>>
>>8852956
Pls it is so easy. Put a trash can on your sink, gather your bangs together, and trim vertically with scissors. Do a few mm at a time so you can even it out if necessary.
It takes me like 3 minutes tops. I can do it morning of.
>>
>>8853065
i have thick blunt bangs, it takes forever to get them even! i wish i could do this.
>>
>>8853072

I have thick blunt bangs too and I can trim them in like 2 minutes, get a good pair of scissors and go at it. I think they even make bang holders that help you guide the scissors
>>
>>8852625
Moitie might stay in it, it may be they just do not want Mana to model in it.

the best way to support Moitie right now is to buy it new.
>>
>>8852463
I think RC:U and one other place but can't remember, I just saw it like 4 places and it was irritating
>>
>>8852475
Calm the fuck down, I know how to buy moitie secondhand but am wanting to support them directly. A lot of gulls are worried that they haven't been releasing much lately and are hoping they stay in business
>>
>>8852494
I've actually been a lolita long enough to remember a time when AP didn't re-release stuff all the time
>>
Has anyone else had terrible loading times with Metas site.
It's been on lacemarket level terrible.

I don't if it has to do with the over haul of their site or what.
I've been wanting to browse but get so frustrated and forget even going for new releases.
>>
>>8853234
Then you must simply be a bit slow? Because both their contact information and how to purchase overseas are right on the front page of their website, like most retail websites.
>>
Something crossed my feed about a friend of mine who wants to raise money to help its family. Why can't the lolita sell off part of their lolita wardrobe?

It irks me that the lolita in question is a total bitch too.
>>
>>8853353
I saw that too and was thinking the same thing. Iirc, there's a video of David/Akira showing off his room and wardrobe with a lot of pieces that can be easily resold.
>>
>>8853330
I've had nothing but problems since the change over. I did manage to get what I wanted from the Dozing Cat release, which was a huge surprise to me since usually I have trouble just getting the site to load. It also switches from Eng to Jap to Eng nearly every time I load a new page. One day, all I could get was a server error page.

It's a shame, too. The old site worked so well.
>>
Souffle Song just posted this. Now I'm not saying it's a replica or anything...
>>
>>8853420
...But I feel like they definitely were a bit inspired when they made that design.
>>
>>8853088
I'm sick of doing it myself. I get fucking tiny hairs in my eyes and it's fucking awful.
No thank you.
>>
>>8853420
It looks like an ugly, cheap knock-off.
>>
>>8844686
That's odd you got so much off your waist but your arms remained large unless you aren't exercising or are on medication? When I lose, I lose all over minus just a little bit extra that clings in a few trouble spots.
>>
I can't stop buying dresses, this month is particularly bad, I just want more casual type stuff to wear so a lot of it is around and available and cheaper than usual. I tell myself I'll just sell some stuff off, but I feel it's a bad excuse. I can afford my purchases but I still feel sick inside that I'm paying this much for a dumb dress. I grew up lower middle class so that's always been my frame of reference.
>>
>>8852262
There aren't that many kinds of bangs and some people just look awful with all of them, or way better with other hairstyles.
Bangs aren't convenient for exercising, need a lot of care as other anons stated (and it's not even just cutting them when they need it, people without extra straight hair will need to iron them, etc.), but yes, I guess you can buy clip-in-bangs. But that won't look that great on everyone (and finding the right shade is awful. My hair is getting darker and darker as the time flows so if I bought some I probably couldn't keep them more than a year.)
It's not because you love bangs that everyone has to have them.
>>
>>8852025
wtf are you on about? Mana backcombs and teases his hair in photos all the time.
>>
>>8853475

For every dress you buy, put an equal amount into long-term savings. That way every dress you bought represents an equal amount in your long-term savings. If you cannot afford both dress and savings, forego the dress.

Once a year, corral up all the long term savings and reinvest it into something else (stocks, bonds, fixed deposits, etc). This money never goes back into your "fun funds", it goes into investing into interest-bearing/dividend-paying stuff so you can retire early and still continue buying lolita.

That should cut down on your purchases, or at least make you think twice since you'll have to put an equal amount into your long term savings. Plus you'll feel better because every dress now represents an equal amount you put into your wealth instead of taking away from it.
>>
>>8853330
I've been lurking on their site for the past few days (Trying to decide on buying a JSK from the sale.) and it's been fine for me. Only time I've had issues was when the last LPs came out. If you just want to browse you can also go on their Rakuten- http://www.rakuten.co.jp/metamoonline/
>>
>>8853475
Try bookmarking the item or keeping the tab open so you don't feel like you're "losing" the item by not buying it right then. Give yourself a few days to think about if you really want the item. I do this and it doesn't always stop me from buying, but it does help me buy less. Sometimes I'll decide that I actually don't want it or I'll forget about the item. And sometimes it's sold out by the time I decide to buy it anyway, so I can't waste my money.

I've found there's only been a few cases of regret from not buying and I can't even remember most of the things I wanted but didn't buy.
>>
>>8853420
maybe. But for the price I actually like SS, if you could sew you could customize it a bit. Some of their prints are really nice.

imo the JetJ dress looks like the bottom got bleached
>>
File: 1420150733785.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1420150733785.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
>>8853413
Here's the page: gofundme 6cnqd9e4

I'm so angry especially to someone who is ~30 years old. You're basically passing the buck to your friends and sympathizers while you can continue to buy all the burando needlessly. You avoided paying your student loan debt so you can live in the Fantasyland called Japan.

Goddamn, sell your brand to support your family back home.
>>
>>8853791
Yea....I constantly see their new dress purchases posted to instagram.
I agree anon. It's ridiculous that they are using the yen conversion rate as a reason not to help family back home.
>>
>>8853920
Every little bit helps so he doesn't have to sell his precious brand. It's disturbing. He could liquidate his VW wardrobe, but nope. What frustrates me more is how he will end up getting his student loans discharged as The Art Institutes are about to go belly up. He has horrid personal finance issues and completely irresponsible to his family's needs.

I feel like I want to vent this to RC:U, but I'll end up getting scorned by the number of his supporters.
>>
>>8853791
wow, i didn't realize he was doing this.. i'm so disappointed in him to prey on the sympathy of others instead of taking action himself. my family is going through something similar, but if things got to this point i would gladly sell off my wardrobe first before i beg others to help. there's nothing stopping him from selling some dresses in USD and sending that to his family..

is it me, or do we see a lot more of this kind of behavior within the lolita community? there have been multiple instances where people have asked me for money/donations because they think i'm a cash cow.
>>
>>8854106
what's even worse is that kidneychan just donated $20 for the cause
>>
New thread >>8854522
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.