[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's in Your Bag: Con Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 24

File: swiggity swag.png (346KB, 706x451px) Image search: [Google]
swiggity swag.png
346KB, 706x451px
What are your must haves for con going?
Mine looks something like pic related, post photos of what you like to carry and what its use is.
>>
File: download.jpg (210KB, 1280x921px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
210KB, 1280x921px
I am going to my first convention so I am getting all my stuff ready. I tend to go to video game and art events but nothing as massive as this. Pic related will be pretty much what I will bring since I know my friends will bring nothing at all and I will be the first aid kit person with everything on hand.
>>
>>8829084
>hello kitty first aid kit
Aww

>kotex
Kek i thought of our ol' kotex (KotaKoti)
>>
>>8829084
OP here, I have the same first aid kit, forgot to put it in my pic! DS is a good addition.
>>
>>8829059
I carry at least 5 of these items in my regular everyday bag. Those tiny sewing kits come in handy.
>>
File: con bag.jpg (2MB, 2751x1500px) Image search: [Google]
con bag.jpg
2MB, 2751x1500px
I love these threads, they're so interesting.
>>
File: con bag.png (2MB, 1734x1092px) Image search: [Google]
con bag.png
2MB, 1734x1092px
some of you guys have good ideas - I might add some stuff to my bag.

anyways I don't generally carry around an actual makeup bag in my bag, I usually just carry a few useful things for whatever I'm wearing at the time (usually mascara, eyeliner, some concealer, eyelash glue if I need it). I try to carry a roomy bag too since will inevitably add stuff to it, maybe extra snacks or things my friends want me to hold.
>>
File: consurvivalkit.png (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
consurvivalkit.png
1MB, 1200x800px
The document binder and carbiner are for prints and keychains I buy.
>>
>>8829396
I don't know knife laws but are you really allowed to walk around cons with it? My main con has a bag check and I feel like they wouldn't let that in. This question comes off as sounding more judgemental than I mean it to be, I'm just genuinely curious
>>
File: basics.png (1MB, 1290x1298px) Image search: [Google]
basics.png
1MB, 1290x1298px
This is most of my basic stuff,though I feel like I'm missing some stuff. Phone and wallet are a given.
>>
>>8829396
>document binder and carbiner for prints

You are a damn genuis. Where did you buy yours anon and how big is it?
>>
>>8829408
I go to cons in Tennessee and walk around with a knife clipped in my pocket. I carry it everyday. I've never been asked about it.

But yes you should check the laws on knives in your state and whichever you visit. Especially the length allowed. That can catch a lot of people.
>>
File: 2016-01-23 23.01.19.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-23 23.01.19.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Carried in one of those motorcycle drop-bag things.

I feel so useless compared to how prepared everyone else is.

This is technically EDC, not just cons. I usually also carry some Ibuprofen, superglue, lipstick+lipliner, chapstick, Fox Labs pepper spray, hand sanitizer, some sort of snack, alcohol wipes, bandaids, phone, keys (with another knife), hairties, bobby pins, OB tampons if necessary. I carry eyelash glue with certain cosplays but not all.
>>
>>8829084

Damn, perfume and condoms.
>>
File: bag.png (897KB, 1533x1201px) Image search: [Google]
bag.png
897KB, 1533x1201px
Just the bear essentials I bring to every convention.
>>
>>8829436
I got mine from Daiso, but your local dollar store should also have them. I carry an 8x11 binder with me since I use a large purse for cons.

>>8829408
I live in Texas, so I don't know if I can comment on laws where you live since here it's no man's land as far as weapons are concerned. I always carry the knife around and have never been stopped by security for it.
>>
>>8829435
may I ask what that keychain is? It looks like its' for protection possibly and I'd love to have one
>>
Usually I go to local con so I go back home to sleep. I can't post pictures right now, but the most important things I carry are my phone, my 3DS (for the streetpass), snacks and a small bottle of water, and a lot of money because a lot of booths can't let you pay by card. These photos make me think that I'm not carrying enough things, a first aid kit could very useful, I'll keep all of this in mind.

By the way, I'm not a cosplayer, but I take photos with my phone, and the camera isn't so good. I was thinking about saving money and buying a small camera, kind of like the one here >>8829059. I don't think I'll only use it for cons, so do you think it's a good investment or a waste of money?

I also carry everything in my handbag, which is pretty big, but not very practical. I buy a lot of thing in cons, like food, prints and figurines. All these things don't always fit in my bag or are fragile so I don't know if I should switch for a backpack or just something bigger in general.
>>
File: conventionbag.png (1MB, 1238x794px) Image search: [Google]
conventionbag.png
1MB, 1238x794px
Here's mine! I carry extra eyelash glue in my makeup bag 24/7 now (whether or not i'm wearing any) ever since a girl at the BtSSB booth came to my rescue last year. Also if I'm commuting I usually bring a cheapo mp3 player too, not pictured, and always make a con cheat-sheet of the times/locations of my favourite events so i don't have to keep flipping through the paper or mobile guide
>>
>>8829385
You use one of those period cup things? They seem rather... inconvenient and unsanitary.
>>
>>8830108
>>8830108
different anon chipping in here, but they're wonderful. never any gross waste thrown in a bin, easy to use, and for me it was a huge difference since tampons gave me huge cramps and the cup is completely painless.
>>
>>8829879
Diff anon, they're all over Amazon (as some variant of cat self protection keychain) and they're exactly that: a cutesy keychain you can slip your fingers through to use like brass knuckles if you find yourself in a bad situation. The ears are pretty sharp and meant to be a weapon, so they couldn't be shipped to certain places for a while iirc.
>>
>>8829880
I'd say a little point and shoot like OP pictured is worth it to have. However I'm a stickler for quality so I'm adverse to them. You could go for something more expensive like the sony a6000 that's small and simple but really nice quality.
>>
File: conbag.png (953KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
conbag.png
953KB, 1000x1000px
None of my shit is this cute. But please always if you're wearing lenses bring your case + solution and glasses if you need them, I always bring spares because my friends no doubt fuck up, get tired of their lenses and would throw them away unless I offered a spare case, because they forgot theirs. I forgot headphones and a book if I'm travelling in. I always bring flat comfy shoes in case of an emergency.
>>
>>8830143
Thank you! I've ordered one so here's hoping it arrives!
>>
>>8829435
>>8830143
I'm going to chime in here to tell you guys that those cat knuckle key chains are illegal. They're cute but classify as brass knuckles. You can order it online, but depending on the state you can't get it shipped to you. The states where you can, it's still illegal to actually have one in that if you were to use it in actual self defense you'd still get taken in for having a weapon.

Sucks, doesn't it? At risk of sounding tumblr, it's just an example of how people don't take women's self defense seriously. Just slip your keys between your fingers if you feel the need to. Honeslty though, buy mace instead. You're more likely to use that when it has a 10 foot spread than to get up in close and punch someone.
>>
>>8830217
Oh yeah my school told us about that when campus safety gave us a lecture once. They mentioned seeing a few girls have it on their keychain and told them to buy pepper spray instead.
>>
>>8830186
Anon it's like you read my mind. I'm making a list of what to carry in my bag next con and half of it is in your pic
>Japanese school bag
>Pink instax
>Comb for wigs
>Makeup for retouching
>Cute notepad and first aid things
>>
>>8829585
Good thing on my way to the con there is a Daiso. Thanks anon, you saved any prints from being crushed.
>>
>>8830108
I'm OP of that post you replied to. They're actually 100% more convenient and sanitary than pads and tampons IMO. Just wondering but what makes you think that?

The cups are made of medical grade silicone. When I take it out to empty it I wash it with hot water and unscented soap and at the end of every cycle I sterilize it in boiled water. There is no TSS risk like there is with tampons and I dunno about other ladies but sometimes pads gave me UTI's even if I changed them regularly and quickly throughout the day (mine isn't even that heavy either). Tampons are also a pain in the ass and can leak if you don't change them in time. The cups don't leak at all for me and I know this will be TMI but I've literally gone commando with the cup and had no spillage whatsoever. With tampons I always had to wear panty liners because they always leaked a little.

They are also far more convenient - again there is no TSS risk so you do not need to worry about changing them that often and honestly once I saw how much blood is in the cup during a 12 hour period vs how many tampons or pads I would've used I found that the other two were a waste of time and money. I can keep my cup in safely for 12+ hours with no spills. I generally take it out and put it back in just all at one time in my own house (generally at the end of the day in the shower). It isn't very often that you find yourself needing to clean your cup in the middle of the day. Tampons are annoying and let's be real, pads are just gross. If you want to talk unsanitary, those things seem more so to me than cups due to the risk of infection. (TSS or UTI's)

TLDR Cups actually are not inconvenient and unsanitary at all. I can put it in, leave it in there and forget I'm even on my period and they are easy to wash and sterilize between uses.
>>
>>8829084
Kinda surprised not more people carry condoms with them to be honest.
>>
File: ddd.jpg (470KB, 2057x960px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
470KB, 2057x960px
My bag looks more put together than my life
also can you sense i have a favorite color
>>
>>8829480

You gotta be smelling pretty when it's time to get down.

>>8830543
>Kinda surprised not more people carry condoms with them to be honest

I am surprised not many people don't either especially if they like to party and get hook ups.
>>
>>8830543
Not everybody likes hooking up with strangers anon.
>>
>>8830582
Not that anon but I'm the type who'd probably bring some for roomies who might end up needing them, if I still roomed with other people these days. And you'd want to have them if your SO was with you too. Better prepared than pregnant even if you aren't planning on stranger hookups, really. It's not a bad idea.
>>
>>8830534
>>8830108
Ok, different anon, but from what I've read my biggest contention about these cup things is the whole heavy period vs. light period.
Mine is EXTREMELY heavy. As in, go through 2 heavy flow/overnight Always Infinity pads in the span of 4-5 hours on my feet at work on the first day.
From other accounts I've read about these cups, if your flow is extremely heavy, you will have to empty it during the day, which is generally difficult (especially at first) without creating a huge mess.
Then there's the issue I'd have with emptying (or changing, if you carry more than one) in a public washroom if you had to wash the thing. Besides that, you'll probably have bloody hands from emptying it unless you get really good at doing it properly (I'm sure there's a method to it).
Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that they aren't as great as some people say they are (better than tampons, I can't use those things anyways), especially if you have super heavy flow.
>>
File: 134149.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
134149.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
>>8829497
Are you this person?
>>
File: welp.jpg (127KB, 953x896px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
127KB, 953x896px
I wish my bag content was cute, too.
>>
File: mb.png (1MB, 1692x676px) Image search: [Google]
mb.png
1MB, 1692x676px
Gadda cover all the basses. Especially if hotel room keys aren't a sure thing.
>>
>>8830641
Can I ask what's the Downy for?
>>
File: inmypurse.jpg (358KB, 752x630px) Image search: [Google]
inmypurse.jpg
358KB, 752x630px
>>8829059
I always make sure to have first-aid on hand in case someone gets hurt. Bandaids can always come in handy. Cartoon ones can be cute.
>>
>>8830630
I wish we had 7/11s where I'm from.
>>
>>8830641
I'm curious about the downy as well. Is it for washing your underwear or something?
>>
>>8830601
sage for OT, sorry to bring all this up guys, didn't know my post would do that

I can't speak from personal experience because I do not have a heavy flow but there are definitely positive stories out there of women with heavy flows using the cup. Of the stories I've read some women are changing theirs every 2-4 hours which would absolutely be inconvenient/annoying for some I imagine (but this doesn't mean the cup is inherently inconvenient - changing your pad or tampon every 2-4 or 4-5 hours is just as such) but in the posts I've read they like it because of the big money saving and waste reduction aspects of it, in spite of having to empty cups often.

I did not mean to say in my post that everything else is disgusting and useless and that there is nothing wrong and cups are 100% perfect, but that the other anon came off as misinformed and making assumptions. From my own admittedly biased POV, they're definitely not anymore unsanitary than pads or tampons if touching blood is a big deal for you, and not any more inconvenient than pads or tampons. Periods are inconvenient in general, but you do bring up a point that they can be inconvenient if you have a heavy flow and must empty them out more often.

1/2
>>
>>8830642
>>8830704
I wanna assume that the Downy is wig-related. If it is, I feel like it would be of better use in the hotel room.
>>
>>8830711
2/2
As for emptying your cup out in a public restroom, it's really not *that* daunting of a task. Certain variables can change the experience but I wouldn't write it off as difficult or impossible. For women who find that they need to empty the cup in a public restroom they will often damp a paper towel or two before going into the stall, bring additional paper towels, bring moistened wipes, or even a water bottle (useful for washing out the cup well + getting any blood off your hands). As for blood on your hands though, unless you make a big "oops" - which I agree is entirely possible - even the times where I didn't pull the cup out as nicely it's not like my hands were ever dripping in blood...if I were in a bathroom stall and this happened I would simply wipe the blood off with a paper towel or TP, take some of the paper and open the stall, and then go the sink to wash my hands. Washing your hands is something you're supposed to do with tampons and pads too BTW, and you risk touching blood with tampons just the same - when I used tampons it wasn't rare for some blood to drip out when I was removing it and I almost always had some blood soaking part of or sometimes all of the string.

If you remove your cup carefully and using the correct removal method (which really is the only way) the mess made should be minimal - if your cup is more full it might spill a bit but the majority of blood will more likely than not spill on the floor or toilet due to where your hands have to be on the cup to remove it.

Cups are certainly not for everyone and I understand we all have different bodies, so you should choose whatever method you desire. I admit that I can't help but get asspained when people make assumptions that they inherently X Y or Z, probably because there's a lot of weird fucking ideas about cups that I don't know where people get them from.

Again, sage for OT, I didn't mean for a mini-debate/discussion to come up.
>>
>>8830718
>>8830711
not that anon but i always keep a mini bottle of water in my bag to clean it/my hands off with.
>>
>>8830593
Oh for sure, but i'd probably just leave them decently accessible in the hotel room. My SO usually comes with me to cons, but even if that weren't the case, I feel like there's no use carrying them around with me in my purse where they'll just get lost or mangled (and even though i logically know nothing disastrous is gonna happen in combination with the safety pins in my purse, i'm still gonna be paranoid about it after the number of times i've stabbed my fingers with them when even just digging through for snacks). But that said, it's usually just him and I to the room, so no room stuffing/worrying about being able to get in/the room being otherwise occupied, etc, so i'm sure it might be a very different situation for other people
>>
>>8830718
How is swimming with it in? I feel like wearing it in water would cause it to leak.

How big are they? I'm ridiculously small to the point where exes have made fun of me for it and I'm worried something like this wouldn't correctly fit inside me and would cause problems.
>>
File: conitems.jpg (541KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
conitems.jpg
541KB, 1000x1000px
I honestly usually carry most of this stuff anyways. Things like this are just good to have on hand at any time but are especially nice to have at conventions.
>>
>>8830642
>>8830704
It detangles wigs. I put it in a little spray bottle tho.
>>
>>8830681
just don't give anyone your disgusting ayds
>>
>>8830817
i hope you're diluting that...
>>
>>8830826
Nah. I don't generally drench the wig. It's fine.
>>
>>8830791
I'm also small, and they come in different sizes. Different brands come in different sizes as well, so a MeLuna S isn't gonna be the same as a Divacup S. It doesn't leak (much), or it does as much as a tampon would. I've worn the tampon while swimming and I've worn the cup, there wasn't any leakage to my knowledge. It was a lake though so it's not like anyone cared to begin with.

I use a LadyCup and it's okay. I've also used other brands but they leaked more. The LadyCup leaks as well but not as much. I honestly find the cups a lot of unnecessary hassle and actually prefer biodegradable pads to this, but there are times when pads just don't cut it (hiking, for example - since you disinfect these by boiling them it's pretty neat for when you're innawoods)
>>
>>8830791
Swimming in it is pretty much like swimming with a tampon, a little bit different though because the cup actually forms a seal with your body. so the water shouldn't cause it to like, get knocked out or leak or whatever unless it hasn't been properly inserted.

there's many different cup brands but all of them (or most of them at least) come in 2 sizes - basicaly women who have not given birth, and women who have. I have the same problem as you though admittedly I am a virgin but according to both my own understandings and my gyno I am somewhat small down there. I was afraid the cup would be too big but if you get the correct size and insert it properly (in the instructions they tell you to line it up a certain way) you should have minimal issue. To insert the cup there are a variety of folds you use to make the cup smaller and then you insert it it will open up to its full size, however it's soft flexible silicone so it's not like it's gonna be some hard piece of plastic stuck up your cooch. Once it's opened and has been inserted properly you shouldn't feel anything at all. I prefer the punch-down fold as I feel that it's easy while making the cup sufficiently small.

some cups also change depending on how high or low your cervix sits. Since cups are kind of a different ball game from tampons I would definitely take an afternoon or two to just read and do research on which cup you might like best, for me personally I just went with the diva cup and it's been fine for me. I know there's an LJ with some useful information up but idk how active it is so if you're wanting quick responses to questions you might want to check out /r/menstrualcups. Everyones bodies are different so you might find that one cup doesn't feel nice and so you may want to try another. I think most people just start with diva cup cause that's the main/biggest brand.
>>
>>8830562
Does that hangover helper stuff actually work?
>>
>poop freeze
I've heard of rooming with people that behave like animals, but damn anon.
>>
>>8829477
Your bag must weigh a ton. Do you use all the stuff in it regularly?
>>
>>8829880
Maybe carry a spare bag in your handbag? I have a few sturdy fabric ones tucked into the side of my usual bag, and it's really useful to have some Ziploc bags you can blow up to protect anything big, awkward, and fragile you get at the con.
Also, don't buy con food. Just take some food with you, you'll save so much money. I understand eating on site if you want something hot but for snacks it's just not worth the price.
>>
>>8830582
It's just something I would rather have and not need than need and not have. It's not like it takes up much space or anything. Combined with what the other anon said it just seems like a safe bet to bring along.

If I meet a hottie who is actually into me I mean why the fuck not?
>>
Canvas tote bags. I know Steve Madden and Urban Outfitters actually hand them out as their shopping bags. I always fold 4-5 of them since someone I'm with is bound to buy something with an absurd box.
>>
Vitamin fucking c
>>
>>8830681
>ayds
>>
File: drugs bc i am chronically ill.png (708KB, 936x864px) Image search: [Google]
drugs bc i am chronically ill.png
708KB, 936x864px
I am surprised by how many people carry deodorant with them. After I put on deodorant in the morning I just don't sweat? I am sorry for your smelly lives.
>>
>>8832388
i use alternative deodorant personally, so it doesn't work in the same way(sodium alum allergy), but i have to use it through out the day and wipe my underarms too. (not speaking for everyone) but a lot of people use it as a preventative thing and then for emergencies.
>>
>>8832388
>After I put on deodorant in the morning I just don't sweat?
That's what you think, anon. At cons, it's best to reapply every few hours or so just because you're walking around a lot. If you are wearing a cosplay or in a heavy lolita co-ord and you think you're not sweating, it's just because you can't smell yourself.
>>
>>8830217
Yeah, I was scrolling through the thread and saw a few anons with the cat knucles in their bag and am wondering why they have them? Because they are illegal. Glad to see I'm not the only one who knows this.
>>
>>8830630
Your pic reminded me of one time when my asshole sister stuck my still-hot glue gun in my bag and melted the fucking water bottle, which happened to still have water in. It wasn't even the bag I kept my glue gun in.
Your bag contents seem pretty good, I like the DS. I can never remember to bring games to pass the time.
>>
>>8832404
I'm not a 12 year old boy so I have a pretty good idea of when I am sweating vs when I am not. I don't sweat strolling around a convention center, but I'd probably sweat if I ran around outside it in high humidity. I'm sickly and underweight so I am probably just colder than most people.
>>
>>8832407
they probably see the "self defense" thing and think it's good to have but if it comes down to it they probably won't be able to use it effectively unless they actually trained with it
>>
>>8832388
>I am surprised by how many people carry deodorant with them.
If I'm with a person that smells or is sweating excessively I wouldn't mind giving them a travel size to use. It might seem like an assholish thing to call someone out on it but I've had the unfortunate experience of working in close quarters with a person who had these issues and god a bit of deodorant would've made it a much more pleasant 10-hour shift.

I also live in an area with high humidity during con season so yes it is also a necessity to check on the arm region every once in a while.
>>
>>8832167
Everything is pretty light, and I use one of those motorcycle hip/thigh bag things so I don't even feel the weight.

>>8832388
Its sometimes good to carry some in case you forget it or someone else needs it. I mean, you don't want to associate with people who are consciously opposed to hygiene but there have been times where I or people I know are half asleep/hung over/etc and completely forget to put on deodorant before stepping out. Its rare but it does happen.

>>8830217
>Just slip your keys between your fingers if you feel the need to. Honeslty though, buy mace instead. You're more likely to use that when it has a 10 foot spread than to get up in close and punch someone.

Most of the stuff people use for self defense is utterly worthless or illegal. Those dumb blogs keep fucking lauding this crap because its cute and pink. Its basically treating women's self defense like its about nothing more than cute accessories. Like these girls are going to end up in a real situation and they're just going to hurt themselves more or escalate it because they have no idea what they're doing because some dumbass with a blog told them to pick up a pointy pink catface instead of actually learning the common sense, awareness, and tactics needed for real self defense.

Mace- I just wanted to add that its best to get the direct stream stuff so you don't run the risk of it blowing back in your own face. Fox Labs is one of the best brands imo and they have this stuff that actually paints your attacker green. People seem to cheap out on OC spray a lot or fall for the pink trend.

http://www.foxlabs.com/products/pepper-spray/MEAN-GREEN_AE7.html
>>
>>8829408

I go to cons with a pistol. No one is gonna say shit if they don't know you have it.
>>
File: stuff.jpg (255KB, 1448x776px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
255KB, 1448x776px
We don't usually have cons with overnight stay like you guys, so there's no room to keep stuff on.

If I can catch a ride to the con I'll wear my cosplay and carry a change of normie clothes, if I'm going by public transportation I'll carry the cosplay ones on my bag.

>1,5L water bottle
>wide tooth comb for wigs
>my sony alpha a7 with case and accessories
>make up bag with extra make up to help people
>contact lens case with solution
>bunch of meds (pain pills, stomach acidity pills, etc)
>my cellphone
>my wallet
>chocolate bars and breath mints
>cute band-aids
>hand sanitizer
>sewing kit for emergencies
>extra wig cap for helping people out
>hand mirror

I usually bring everything extra because I always end up helping people at the dressing rooms.

Sorry for shitty collage.
>>
>>8832519
i'm pretty much always carrying a knife
no gun because lol california no ccw in all the populated counties
>>
>>8832530

Eww commiefornia. Every one should carry a knife with them, or at least a multi tool with a cutting instrument.
>>
>>8832519
>>8832557
Don't rely on knives for self defense, pretty much their only purpose in that regards is to provide a false sense of security.

You'd only pull one in a worst case scenario, -only-. If you pull it on a whim, you risk escalating the situation and turning your struggle into life or death. You also risk some hefty charges for assault with a deadly weapon.

On top of that, you have to be in close range to use them, and at that point they could be dropped or removed from you in another way and used against you.

If its not a fixed blade (which are illegal in most places), you're fucking yourself over. If it is a fixed blade and you can't quickdraw it, you're fucking yourself over. Basically just carrying a knife thinking of it as your go-to self defense tool, you're fucking yourself over.

If you need something for close-range situations and don't feel confident in solely using your own body, get something else like a kubotan. Just, anything but a knife.

It sucks you can't CCW in CA, but tasers (the shooty kind, not useless close range cheapo stun guns from Amazon) might be an option if you really, really feel you need it? I'm not 100% clear on the laws in Cali.

If you want something that's 99% effective, won't get you in trouble, and won't escalate the situation, OC spray>tactical flashlight>Kubotan.

Self defense isn't about looking threatening to your attacker, its about using common sense and awareness to either A. Not end up in a bad situation, or B. Get the fuck out without putting yourself at greater risk.
>>
>>8832622
Meant to quote >>8832530 not >>8832519 obvs.
>>
>>8832459
>but if it comes down to it they probably won't be able to use it effectively unless they actually trained with it
This. People don't realize that self-defense isn't just having a weapon with you, you still need to find/put on the things before your attacker gets a good hit. Imo the most important thing is to not panic and react very quickly, because whether you do something expected like shove your knee in their crotch or something slightly more unusual like jab the kitty ears into their eye, it's going to hurt and it's probably going to slow them down a little. You can then fuck off asap.
It's amazing how many people I've met still think that the proper way to defend yourself is to adopt a Karate Kid pose and flail.
Not a bad thing to bring to a con, especially as there are people in this thread bringing goddamn guns with them (wtf, seriously), but you still need to know how to throw a punch before you try them out.
>>
>>8832622
i use the knife more for its tool purposes than self defense
but if it came down to it i could stab someone with it. most people, at the end of the day, do not want to get cut
everyone should have a knife
>>
I drink a freaking lot of water.
>>
At work and the computer sucks so I cant make a pic but

>charger
>cigarettes
>alcohol money
>lighters
>extra camera
>hair product
>Laptop just in case I ever have down time
>>
>>8832511
I got a pink can of mace that shoots up to 15 feet of direct stream and has UV dye in it. It also looks like a travel thing of perfume until you take the cap off of it.
>>
>>8832777
Honeslty though, with the kitty knuckles, I've noticed a lot of people attach them to their key ring. So they'll have this heavy ass thing of keys, cute keychains, pepper spray, and kitty knuckles all on this one lanyard or ring. How the fuck are you going to defend yourself with that if you can barely fit your keys let alone other keychains and shit inbetween your fist for the kitty knuckles?
I've gotten grabbed before, and I didn't even think to slip on my kawaii brass knuckles (which I don't actually own) and throw punches. I elbowed the guy real hard and ran the fuck away without looking back. If anything I've found wearing heavy boots to kick people in the shins with is more helpful than fucking brass knuckles. There is no way I, a 115 lb girl is going to down some huge ass man with a punch.
>>
>>8833402
I completely agree.

Also, I was under the impression that it's a bad idea to try to use something close rage with someone who could overpower you.

I don't have any self defense stuff, but the only thing I've ever considered as practical was mace/pepperspray. And even then, it might be hard to get to if you were surprised. I think tips on how to escape, disable, and evade are more useful than buying something. Wtf do I know though?
>>
>inb4 too many pens/notebooks
Drawing shit is the best.

Not pictured: Drinking straws, wallet, keys.
I cosplay pretty basic and comfortable stuff most of the time, so usually a con-repair kit isn't necessary to me. Nor are extra shoes. Anything else I can just keep in the sleeping halls, or get help with at the infarmary or cosplay touchups room.

If you recognize me from my bagpost then holler at me lmao.

>>8830217
Assuming it's legit - most people buy cheap knockoffs which just break instead and don't do shit to defend you.

>>8832622
I used to carry a cheap plastic boxcutter knife for utility reasons (sharpening pens, cutting loose threads, tape, packaging, etc.), but it's a shit personal defense tool.
>>
File: bagggs.png (761KB, 1004x808px) Image search: [Google]
bagggs.png
761KB, 1004x808px
I'm the idiot at cons who never brings food or water
>>
>>8830217
that actually depends on the state. it's not illegal nation wide, and some are okay to have for defense.
>>
File: bag.jpg (367KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
bag.jpg
367KB, 1366x768px
>>8833606
>>8833606
I'm a moron.

I don't even get periods, but if you can offer a tampon to someone in need you'll automatically score +5 friendship.
>>
File: bag.png (450KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bag.png
450KB, 800x800px
Getting so many good ideas from this thread.
>>
>>8833634
What perfume is that above the E600?
>>
>>8833775
Rihanna Nude
((the shape of the bottle is the best for tiny bags))
>>
>>8830816
>carrying a gun at a con
This is why every convention needs to have bag checks.
>>
File: constuff.jpg (2MB, 3865x2400px) Image search: [Google]
constuff.jpg
2MB, 3865x2400px
this is pretty much all i bring. but honestly, most of the time i dont even bring this much. i pack pretty light. also forgot to list my phone charger!
>pantsu
i like to swap out my panties from time to time at cons.
>make up
i bring powder and lip gloss for touch ups.
>panty liners
if my period came and left right before the con i wont bring these, but if its been a while ill bring a few just in case. i dont bring full pads though.
>sanitizer, glue, and pain killers
all self explaining. a small tube of krazy glue is my favorite glue to bring to cons because its super small and has a helpful brush applicator built into it. the strength is okay, but its perfect for super quick temporary prop fixes.
>>
I one saved a guy from attempting to superglue his fake beard onto his face before a contest by having spirit gum in my emergency bag. The spirit gum never leaves my bag now, out of the fear that I'll need to save another retard
>>
>>8831804
I'd say so. I pop that stuff like candy. Its just extra b12.
I also destroyed with stomach lining, so I there was a while I couldn't have a beer with puking. I took a break from drinking and that helped so now I just use it to avoid puking all the next day if I'm drinking a lot of liquors.
If there were over the counter nausea suppressants, I'd die from happiness.

moral of the story don't binge drink and you won't need these lol
>>
>>8833807
If she's licensed to carry it (and she should be to carry in a bag) she should be allowed. Law abiding citizens are not the ones you need to worry about its the crazies. I have a CCDW permit but I don't carry anything more than a knife to cons. If any shit goes down at cons I may start to carry more.
>>
>>8829270
what is the pink thing in the lower right?
>>
>>8833706
Oops, forgot to include earbuds.
>>
>>8833807
Spoiler: I carry at conventions with bag checks. Bag checks are security theater, pure and simple. At most they are a minor deterrence and anyone who has a mind to can foil them. At the end of the day the bag checker doesn't actually give a fuck and only wants to appear to his supervisor that he does. He's going to miss a lot. Even the ones that are gung-ho and check everything are going to miss things towards the end of their shift when they get tired and stop caring too. Not to mention every convention center has holes through their security and all you have to do is find them and you can skip bag check period.
>>
>>8833807
I carry a gun with me everywhere that it is legal to. And guess what? In my state it's legal to carry to a con. It doesn't matter what kind of rules the con or hotel has about firearms I am legally allowed to carry there. The only thing that could happen is if they ask me to leave because of my firearm and I refuse then I can be charged with trespassing. Also most people carry on their bodies and not in their bags so unless if they're going over you with a metal detector or something they're not gonna catch the gun in a simple bag check. Also what is wrong with me legally carrying a firearm for self defense? I'm not going to shoot up the damn con. I do not like having to depend on others for my safety. I don't want to have to travel in groups and shit everywhere after dark for my own safety. I depend solely on myself for my personal safety and the most effective way to do that is with a gun.
>>
>>8834263
Looks like mace
>>
>>8829084
>>8833634
...Why condoms to the con? I don't want to fuck in a overused small loudly bathroom
>>
>>8834797
hotel rooms
>>
>>8834774
Alright but as an eurofag:
Why the fuck would you bring a gun, which is a tool any goddamn lunatic could use, to a con? If you don't want to depend on other people for safety, learn a tool only you could use, such as martial arts. Same thing as with knives too. If you got jumped, would you really fucking shoot someone? What if tey got hold if the gun before you did? Why wouldn't you having a gun just escalate the conflict?

What part about more lethal weapons anyone could use being in a con makes it more safe? I'm sorry, but I genuinely do not understand this logic.
>>
>>8834803
I think the point anon was trying to make is why bring them on your person when you could leave them in the hotel room/wherever you're planning on banging?
>>
File: CONBAG.png (710KB, 972x813px) Image search: [Google]
CONBAG.png
710KB, 972x813px
I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
>>
>>8834774
I don't care if it's legal for you to carry one and you do so for self defense. The last thing this world needs is everyone carrying a gun. At the very least you own a pistol though, absolutely no civillian needs to own a semi-automatic. I can't even finish whatever the hell I was going to say because I am so disgusted with the garbage gun control in this country, and people who feel the need to carry a gun. Let alone escalate situations by whipping one out "in self defense".
>>
>>8834944
That water bottle (I'm presuming) is pretty cute. How big is it?
>>
>>8834863
If you were attacking someone with your fists and they pulled out a gun on you would you keep attacking them? Fuck no you would stop unless if you want to get shot. I am a small female. I do not have the strength to fight off some large strong male so is trying to attack me. I would not immediately shoot someone if I got jumped but i sure as hell would pull out my gun and fire a warning shot. The only situation where I would immediately shoot would be if they are threatening me with a gun. And how the fuck would they get to the gun before me? I conceal it. They aren't going to know that I'm carrying a gun and I keep it on my body not in a bag.
>>8834959
>at the very least you own a pistol though
>absolutely no civilian needs to own a semi-automatic
anon...most pistols are semi-auto. It is very rare to find one that isn't. Why the fuck do you retards keep saying that a gun "escalates" the situation? Nobody in their right mind is going to keep attacking if they see you pull a gun out on them. Very rarely do people actually have to shoot their attackers.
>>
>>8835068
I'm so in the middle on this. I also am a small female who doesn't have much hope of outrunning or over powering someone larger than me and I kind of want a gun, but all the gun toting people I know are "rah rah 2nd amendment, background checks are evil" idiots. I would pass a bg check no problem and I'd totally submit to a psych eval, too. It's too easy to get a gun in the US right now im my opinion, but I'm not against civilians carrying provided they are screened.

Sage for ot.
>>
>>8835068
Why the fuck would the potential attacker have a gun?
Oh right, because America.
>I'll bring my gun to the con it will make the con a safer place
>>
>>8835003
Yeah it's a water bottle that's glass (but thick), it's from onevessel and it's 22oz. They have a bunch of designs, strongly recommend them.
>>
>>8834867
I am >>8829084 and never thought bringing condoms on me would cause such a fuzz here on why in your bag not in your room and all the other stuff but I carry them personally on me because what if my friends need one in the moment because the hotel room isn't close by? What if someone forgot their's? What if I go to someone's else room instead and they have no condoms? There are so many situations where carrying a condom could of been helpful especially when you know that at cons, anything can happen in a moment.

Also carrying condoms in a bag is literally no different than a guy carrying condoms in his wallet.
>>
>>8834797
People don't carry condoms all the time?? I'm a dyke and I do
>>
>>8834797
Also people will fuck in anything, I've had at least two incidents where I walked in on a friend fucking in a bathroom at a gig. And a "friend" who has bragged about fucking in every disabled bathroom in my town. People are gross anon, people have always been gross but they're better off being safe
>>
>>8834959
Yes I'll just ask a group of potential attackers to stop while I reload my black powder muzzle loading flint lock. I'll just be about 2 minutes.
>>
>>8835181
It's not, they're just being an idiot. I halve plenty of female friends who carry comdoms in their wallet or a seperate compartment of their purse too.
>>
>>8835360
Or you could just spray them with mace. Or run away, both of which are better options than whipping out a gun when someone also has a gun or knife held to you. Learn how to de-escalate a situation rather than fanning the flames, which is all guns do.
>>
>>8835377
You can have fun trying to talk down the people who are about to kill or rape you I'm sure they want to hear your persuasive argument. I'll stick with my gun.
>>
>>8835394
What kind of conventions are you going where you have to worry about being killed or raped?
>>
>>8835122
The gun is to put things in your favor. It is the great equalizer. Especially when you're female.

>>8835455
Better to have and not need than need and not have. Nothing worse than the thought of "if only I had..."
>>
>>8835462
>muh bullet will stop their bullet
Last I checked, bullets weren't shields. I don't understand where untrained civilians get the idea that they would last 2 seconds in a gunfight. More than likely, even more innocent bystanders would be hurt.
>>
>>8835512
You're getting the wrong idea. 100 pound girl vs a 180 pound male goes a lot better for the female when she has a gun. Both have guns? It's push. That's how it is an equalizer. Old, young, small, male, female, outnumbered. You now have a fighting chance.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.