[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valentine's Day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 28

What are you guys doing for Valentine's day?
I'm hoping to have a Valentine's Day themed meet/photoshoot with some friends, but I'm kind of stuck on ideas. Can we post co-ords and inspo?
>>
>>8825306

I'm working.

Shit sucks because it's CNY too. That'll teach me to look more closely at my work schedule next year.
>>
File: _DSC0160_mr1447802315111.jpg (2MB, 909x1620px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0160_mr1447802315111.jpg
2MB, 909x1620px
>>8825306
I'll be lucky if I can just pull a regular meet with some card exchanging and candy at a local spot.
>>
I bought tickets for a Feb 14th showing of a Ghibli film for a surprise date with bf, but actually I just had the ulterior motive that he has to come if I buy him a ticket, and maybe I can brainwash him into liking anime if I make him watch enough of it.
I only realised recently it's Valentines day that day; our Valentines is me being sneaky and I'm an idiot.
Excited for them Ghibli aesthetics tho and there will probably be cosplayers there
>>
Going to a cat cafe and a nice dinner with my boyfriend for valentines. I can't have any pets where I live so it'd be really nice to pet a lot of kitties for a day.

On the topic of valentine's day, what's everyone planning on wearing that day? And does anyone know any cute brands good for that? I'm considering wearing these heart overalls from Candy Rain, they are pretty cute: http://www.yesstyle.ca/en/candy-rain-bow-accent-jumper-pants/info.html/pid.1048095340
>>
I'll be at Katsucon, trying to not think about the guy I like and how he'll probably be getting asked for dates.

Want to dress in something cute and valentines themed though. And debating making some of these cookies to bring with me to con.
>>
My comm is split, we have 2 things going on at the same time. Only 1 Valentines-ish though.
>>
I'll hopefully be dressing up and doing something with my SO. Where I live, the weather in early February is still cold and shitty, and there aren't many nice museums or anything, either, so I don't know what we'll do. I kind of wish I wasn't always the one planning things.
I would like to make chocolates or cookies, at least.
>wanted to buy sugar hearts to wear but prioritized a dream dress instead
>>
Working. Valentines is the busiest day of a Florists year.
>>
My bf and I are in a ldr so we won't be doing anything significant besides opening gifts together on skype. He's visiting me a month later so I guess we'll celebrate then! There's a food making event meet the week before Valentines day so I'll likely wear Chocoberry. It'll fit the theme with the chocolate covered strawberries and I have heart tights and accessories to call out that valentine's day theme heh.
>>
Going to dinner with my gf weaing lolita. Then make out at home and strip off our clothes until we're in our undies then passionately cuddle rubbing sweet smelly oil all over ourselves. I've bought special lingerie for the occasion too.
>>
>>8825426
A cat cafe sounds good! We're going to the theatre (his shout, my choice of production) then dinner (my shout, his choice of venue).
Those overalls are cute and seem really practical for cats! I am not planning on wearing anything particularly exciting unless my CNY dress arrives in record time, otherwise it'll be a normal evening dress.
What sort of cute brands are you looking for? Generic cute things or Valentine's themed?
>>
>>8825610
this sounds like some neckbeard posting his bad self insert fanfiction.
>>
File: 1363564317625.jpg (42KB, 461x433px) Image search: [Google]
1363564317625.jpg
42KB, 461x433px
>>8825656
>>
>>8825368
Same. I've requested that weekend off about two weeks ago and I'm scared that I won't get it off because we're supposed to be busy.

If it works out, I'm helping out a friend to do a Valentine's themed meetup and going to see my alma mater play some b-ball.
>>
I'm glad someone made this thread because I've been thinking about planning a Valentines Day themed meet for my comm, but I have no idea what kind of activity to plan besides going to a chocolate shop or cafe.

Chocolate coords would be super cute for that too.
>>
File: tumblr_ndy21yFsfg1twoeuzo4_1280.jpg (394KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndy21yFsfg1twoeuzo4_1280.jpg
394KB, 960x1280px
>tfw just broke up with bf of 3 years a few weeks ago
>we were gonna match and go to comms valentine's meet together
>can't even cry anymore, just feel dull pain
Welp part of me doesn't even want to go anymore, but meets are so rare that I still do.

I think this would be an awesome occasion for all these damn AP chocolate prints, but I've never really been one for chocolate myself.
Non-chocolate valentines lolita would be awesome. I'm also thinking of just coording red with a solid pink dress.
>>
I'm going to be having a tea party with my boyfriend, and hopefully we'll be able to go to some coastal town to look at some sea life.
>>
I'm going to dress up in a pretty red dress and go watch Deadpool with my husband. I'm probably going to arrange to have a professional MUA do my makeup that day and I think he has someplace fancy for dinner in mind. Regardless, definitely seeing Deadpool.
>>
My boyfriend uses his cancer as an excuse to put absolutely zero effort into our relationship so i guess i wont be doing anything valentines day. Hopefully my comm will have a nice meet around then or ill just go out for tea with my friends.
>>
My boyfriend hates most holidays and especially valentines day... I really wanted to go out on a date somewhere since we never do anymore, I wanted to go ice skating and make cinnamon buns and hot chocolate to bring but he hates ice skating as well so I guess we're not doing anything. At least nothing special, and guess who's not getting any flowers or chocolate or gifts.. I love my bf, but sometimes I hate how I'm such a romantic and he's really not.
Will be working so no chance to wear lolita to cheer myself up either. The girls in my comm will be out with their boyfriends so nobody to go to tea with or anything. I hope next year will be better..
>>
>>8826170
Wow, you sound bitter. As if cancer isn't a life changing illness.
>>
>>8826188
Just because you have a disease doesn't mean you have a free pass to be a dick, anon. I don't know the details of anon's situation but having dealt with seriously ill family before, I just have to say that having cancer doesn't justify treating your close ones as shit. Being decent is not hard.
>>
>>8826206
They didn't say he was being a dick though. They said he wasn't putting in effort. Which is completely understandable, I wouldn't blame anyone with cancer for wanting to do nothing. They're going through enough crap without having to force a smile on their face and sit through something they don't want to.
>>
File: DSCN3117.jpg (95KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3117.jpg
95KB, 480x640px
>>
File: 123.jpg (249KB, 760x1120px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
249KB, 760x1120px
>>8826229
>>
File: 8586111328_664a55f2e1.jpg (171KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
8586111328_664a55f2e1.jpg
171KB, 400x500px
>>8826234
>>
File: 25547_original.jpg (149KB, 749x500px) Image search: [Google]
25547_original.jpg
149KB, 749x500px
>>8826237
>>
File: tumblr_nws8rdijop1s071muo2_500.jpg (391KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nws8rdijop1s071muo2_500.jpg
391KB, 500x750px
>>8826241
>>
File: tumblr_n92isjC8Mm1qc5mq5o2_1280.jpg (698KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n92isjC8Mm1qc5mq5o2_1280.jpg
698KB, 600x900px
some nonsweet requested, preferably more gothic. pic related is the closest i have.

come on, goths, where's your coords? the sweets and classics are stealing one of your most established themes: eternal love, passion and roses and all that. gimme some bampire romance.
>>
>>8825694
Im doing a potluck tea, with a gift exchange for my comm - like secret Santa except in February. But i dunno if the latter will get off the ground because no one's expressed real interest yet on that and i was gonna assign recipients in a few days. Either way I'm excited to plan the party.
>>
File: 1437895072162.jpg (70KB, 540x413px) Image search: [Google]
1437895072162.jpg
70KB, 540x413px
>>8826254
This might work. I'm just recently getting into Gothic after wearing a lot of sweet so please excuse me if I'm not a good judge of coords.
>>
File: 2802b613c38e13cb2a17edea35d61041.jpg (159KB, 736x1106px) Image search: [Google]
2802b613c38e13cb2a17edea35d61041.jpg
159KB, 736x1106px
>>8826329
>>
File: 0f8848095896a6f47575e26684ee8173.jpg (111KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0f8848095896a6f47575e26684ee8173.jpg
111KB, 682x1024px
>>8826332
>>
File: 3589904_LBRoseLady.jpg (199KB, 740x543px) Image search: [Google]
3589904_LBRoseLady.jpg
199KB, 740x543px
>>8826334
>>
File: 021_zpsd5732a98.jpg (255KB, 494x700px) Image search: [Google]
021_zpsd5732a98.jpg
255KB, 494x700px
>>8826337
This is just devolving into red and black coords now so I'm gonna stop posting.
>>
I'd say I'm going to do something romantic with my bf but were both straight up broke and can't afford to really do anything on Valentine's day unless if I can get my tax returns before then but I haven't even gotten my w2s yet so I'm not being hopeful.
>>
>>8826346
You could always cook dinner together at home, light some candles and watch a movie. Sometimes staying in is nicer than going out to a fancy restaurant. It's more personal and relaxed.
>>
All you girls are dating these fuckboys who don't give a shit about you or your relationships. And here I am, dying to find a Valentine. What's wrong with you?

Also, long distance relationships are for 12 year olds.
>>
>>8825306
Gonna cry and masturbate.
Cry more afterwards.

Just kidding,
I'll be going to some silly mixer arranged by some Facebook group and see what happens there. I might still be irritated, but it's better than staying at home all day.
>>8826450
This. What the fuck is wrong with everyone?
>>
>>8826450
>Also, long distance relationships are for 12 year olds.

At least they have somebody who cares about them. Sorry you can't get a boyfriend/girlfriend online or otherwise, but you just sound like a salty bitch or a "nice guy" douchebag.
>>
File: 1449406450957.png (624KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449406450957.png
624KB, 919x720px
>>8826170
>told today my grandpa's cancer is stage 4
>decide to distract myself
>"oh this looks like a cute thread"
>see this
>>
>>8826450
>Also, long distance relationships are for 12 year olds.
My long distance relationship has been going strong for over six years, but hey whatever you say buddy.
But, yeah chances are I'll be in for Valentine's. I'll probably stream something cute for us to watch and just chill.
>>
>>8826340
I like the posts anon! I love the red-and-black color combo, but I've seen so many fuckups it in ita threads. Photos of good coords are a breath of fresh air.

Is anybody planning to do a Galentine's Day? It might be super cute for lolitas with or without dates on Valentine's.
>>
>>8825652
That sounds fun, what production is it? An evening dress is still really pretty, and sexy too (good for your man!). Kind of both, I love cute things and Valentines, I guess really anything that could tie up with this holiday.
>>
My boyfriend and I will be attending the Chinese New Year festival going on in my city. I'll be dressing probably otome or pretty much motekei (haven't decided, we have family members accompanying too).
>>
Me and my bf have been 2 years together in Valentine's day so we are probably going to have a dinner together. We are also planning to get secretly engaged and announce it after we have been engaged a year. We live together and take care of my little brother so it's nice enough and engaging him would be so important to me. He also loves lolita so I can feel cute and be my best that day. I'm seriously super excited.
>>
Requesting pictures with interesting backgrounds or props please and thanks
>>
>>8825326
same. First Valentine's with someone and I'm working. Grr.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 467x700px
I'll be at katsu with my girlfriend doing a couple cos~

I'm a Lolita, but never celebrated Valentines with other lolis or went to a holiday meet up before. Honestly it sounds like fun being with a group of people since I've always liked this holiday even when I was single.
>>
>>8826835
Pls don't do that. If you have to secretly get engaged it means you aren't mature enough to do so. 2 years isn't that long either.
>>
lone ouji, no plans. will probably babysit friends' child so they can have a nice dinner out.

i would like to do silly romantic lolita things, but have no desire for a relationship and no friends who would want to play pretend.
>>
>>8826450
I was in a long distance relationship for a year and now we've been living together for almost four years. I hope you find someone anon but long distance relationships are serious for a lot of people, I've known quite a few couples who are now living together or married who started as LDRs.
>>
>>8826170
>can't tell if trolling or just a shitty human being...
>>
File: 1429589655525.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1429589655525.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>wishing I could spend it with my partner
>tfw LDR
>>
>>8825326
Oh god, you know that the first day of the new year will mirror your entire year right? Src: my superstitious Vietnamese mom
>>
>>8826921
I can agree with your concerns and I acknowledge I'm not an adult and may be naiive. However, after 1,5 years living together I'm pretty sure there will be no big surprises in future. Altought 2 years is not long time, we have had it pretty hard. It's not gonna change the fact that we both will still grow for the rest of our lives and situations in life change but I'm willing to work for this relationship and do my best. And so is he. We have put thought into it and it wasn't a sudden idea to do this. We both know we are still young and have everything ahead of us but we want to experience it all together. Both of our parents are also kinda expecting it already so it wouldn't be a problem to air it but we kinda want to keep it ourselves first. This is hard to explain (English isn't obviously my first language) and I'm not gonna hide that I'm rather young. It holds so much value to us since we have both put ourselves into this fully. I really can't explain it any better. It's a promise we will once get married (not in horry to do that) and I admit it's a huge promise. I know I don't probably sound very mature and I try to always focus on what I still don't know and haven't yet experienced to not assume too much of myself.
>>
>>8826974
The fact that you think there will be no surprises shows you aren't ready. The chance you will be together in a year or two? Small. From experience at 18 I was with a guy for years and I thought we would get married. Planned it out a lot; delayed it for school. I was with him for 5 years, then he cheated. I had another boyfriend for 3 years since that point. But I never would have thought in my mid 20s I wouldn't be in touch with the guy I thought I would be with forever. But it happened. And it will happen to you. I hope it doesn't but don't fuck it up by trying to grow up too fast. Go to school. Get a job. Stop living with your parents. Be an adult then get married.
>>
>>8827001

>promise ring at 17
>engaged at 19
>married at 20

I'm 25 now, been with the same guy I was dating in my late teens, there are problems, but there's a big difference between working through them and just quitting.

Don't project your bitterness on others, you don't know anything about their relationship, and just because your life was fucked up b/c of some guy doesn't mean everyone's will be.
>>
>>8826974
Honestly, most marriages these days fail. It's kind of a joke, so, if you feel like getting married- go ahead and do it. Everyone else does.
>>
Tfw in long distance relationship
Tfw they're married to someone else anyway
Have fun with your wife
>>
>>8825699
Go to the meet anyways! You'll feel worse if you stay at home, trust me.
>>
File: HDY5hPw.gif (2MB, 474x264px) Image search: [Google]
HDY5hPw.gif
2MB, 474x264px
>>8827035

Haha oh fuck you, you deserve to be unhappy along with your ~LDR honeybuns~.
>>
>>8826678
If it makes you feel any better
>grandma has late stage cancer, sent home with hospice cause quality over quantity last week
> flying to see her monday in state in snow emergency
> already anxious about seeing her, I rarely make trips home and I'm scared af to see how bad she is

I checked this thread right after I was talking to aunt about seeing my nana basicially as soon as my plane lands.
>>
My and my SO of six years are just going to chill out the house. Taking a trip the first week of March so saving money. Unfortunately I have a shitty roommate, so I don't want to cook a dinner with candles and junk. I was thinking about getting a fondue maker and stuff to cook in our room, but that's as expensive as going out to eat. So WOW and netflix I guess.

Comm wise- having a meetup beforehand with small valentines exchange. I don't have anything remotely valentines like, so gothic it is. I'm kind of new so I'm worried about it but I'm just going to go anyways and stress eat lots of chocolate.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 877x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 877x741px
>>8825306
Not sure yet, commless, so it will be with SO. We usually compromise between some pampering and roughing it, so I'll need "real shoes" and nothing delicate. We might do hiking and stay at a themed resort this year, so I'll wear sensible gear and then his favorite OP and sturdy mary janes and we'll probably get stopped for photos and "adopted" by and old couple again. Looking forward to it, and also trying out pic related hairstyle.
>>
>>8827009
I am happy for you but dont be so stupid. You are the exception not the rule. I am not bitter at all about my situation and I am in a far better relationship. Yet when I was 18 I thought I knew everything and knew my life.

It isnt just about working through issues, some issues are flat out you are not the person you were when you got with them, and that will be a big factor during the early 20s. It is why so many highschool relationships fail. It is why so many relationships end when people go to college. The stats are there and there are reasons why this is likely to happen. Dont delude yourself into thinking that just because your relationship is now a marriage that it means most end up.
>>
>>8825431
Ask him out on a date, anon! Beat all the other wenches to the punch!
>>
>>8826450
Oh shut up. My husband is in the military right now and I can't live with him until after I finish school. ldr's aren't just catfishing or whatever. There's different situations and many have a possibility to work. You're the one acting like a 12 year old.
>>
File: valentines day coord.jpg (387KB, 1900x982px) Image search: [Google]
valentines day coord.jpg
387KB, 1900x982px
I'm hosting a meetup this year and I'm pretty excited! We'll be doing tea and then seeing a play. I'm also taking my friend to the BABY store since she's never been. She's hoping to buy her first brand piece, so I'm excited for her.

Here's the coord I'm thinking about wearing. I'm still a little unsure about which shoes to wear.
>>
>>8826188
I'm not saying cancer isn't a life changing illness, it definitely is. I've watched him go through treatment, it seems like the most miserable thing and i can't even imagine having to go through it myself.
>>8826227
Well yea he is being a dick. He's flaked on me last minute for the last 3 months yet goes out with his friends every week. I've seen him twice since October, not because he hasn't been feeling well, but because he can't be bothered. We did nothing for Christmas, nothing for my birthday and nothing for new years but he instead chose to watch the fireworks with his friends whilst i stayed home.
>>8826206
Thank you for being understanding, anon
>>8826678
>>8827181
I hope it goes well anons, my grandma died last year after being ill for a few years so i know how it feels.
>>
>>8827372
Oooh that sounds really exciting! Are you in SF?
>>
>>8825306
I'll be in the Philippines. I don't think lolita is as popular there so there prolly isn't a comm. My bf was supposed to come with me, but unexpected money troubles came up so he wasn't able to buy his ticket whilst mine is non refundable. Which sucks because this was supposed to be the trip where he introduces me to his family. He had also planned a super romantic date but that's cancelled too. My birthday is a week after Valentines which is when I would introduce him to my family so we can't be together then too.

We're planning on going on a Skype date for each occasion, during which I'll wear his favourite magic tea party jsk at least. I set up a money transfer so that a day after I leave, 3/4 of my vacation budget will be wired to his account and he won't be there to stop me. Hopefully I can help at least a little.

At least my cousin is inviting me to go to a con with her during that month so I'll bring a simple Cosplay with me.
>>
>>8827565
>yea
*yeah

"yea" is a different word, it rhymes with stay
>>
>>8827586
No, I'm in New York! I keep forgetting there's another shop in SF
>>
Bf's taking me out to dinner to a surprise venue and I'm going to bake him some valentine's treats, make a cute card, and pack it all together with a gift I just bought him. Plus I have some cute lingerie for the evening: I'm very excited!
>>
>>8827565
OK, well that does sound a lot worse than what I was thinking. I'm sorry anon, I didn't mean to be bitchy, I just hate seeing people in relationships with sick people and seeing them complaining constantly because their life isn't going on like normal because their partner can't do normal things. But if he's able to go out with friends then he should be able to go out with you. Why not talk to him and tell him you're feeling neglected?
>>
I plan on sleeping until almost 4pm, and then blowing the rest of the day on the internet.
>>
>>8827996
Are you me?
>>
I'm almost certain I'll have to work that day, but my girlfriend won't and will spend the first part of the day prettying up and getting together all her Valentine's day treats for me (I've already taken care of mine for her), and once I get off work we'll be going to dinner and maybe a movie. After that we're going to head home and either have fantastic sex with scented candles around the room or immediately fall asleep holding each other in our warm bed, which happened last valentine's day when we thought we were going home to have sex. We'll see. No matter what the outcome, I'm happy and excited.
>>
I think there's a Valentine's cosplay meet in LT I might go to. But I'll probably end up buying a bunch of chocolates for myself and wallow in my singleness at home. Watch some shitty chick flicks or something

>tfw you were going to be a loser and set up a fake dinner date with husbando but your body pillow won't be here til after Valentine's
>>
>>8829490
Sounds like you guys dont have fantastic sex or anything close if your last valentine's day plans led to none.
>>
I dont work all day so im going to dress up and take myself out to see Deadpool
>>
>>8829949
treat yoself anon
>>
>>8829490
Oh anon. We both got up at 7am that day because we had things to do in the morning before our plans, and we had to do a lot of running around during our plans because of really bad weather ruining all the transportation. We were exhausted by the time we were home. Rest assured we had our fantastic sex the next day when we were fully caught up on sleep.
>>
>>8830675
Whoops, meant to be a reply to >>8829749
>>
My comm hasn't planned anything, yet, but we usually have a Valentine's Day meetup. Lately they've been so slow to plan anything, and it's really only two mods who are allowed to make events... I wish they'd give more than a week's notice...
>>
>>8826812
Hmm, I guess aside from the Japanese accessory brands and taobao brands like To Alice that do soft sister/cute stuff, i can't really think of any other brands that specifically do cute/Valentine's things.
I do like looking at "not on the high street" which is a UK based site, but it tends to be overpriced for some stuff compared to ali/ebay sellers.
We're going to a local production of Phantom of the Opera which I'm really excited about - it'll be my third time seeing it and his first time
>>
>>8827565
Seeing someone twice in 3 months isnt a relationship, don't let him guilt you because he is ill.
>>
>>8826874

Keep strong! Hopefully your valentine's date will go well at least.

>>8826958

I know the next year will suck because I'm in training for the next 2.5 years, so jokes on you! Ha. Ha. Haha.

I'll try to keep optimistic as CNY draws near though. Hopefully the change in speed next month will even let me clean my house. Goodness knows it needs a good one. At least bf is coming that weekend. Transport costs were kind of prohibitive for the 14th so we'll probably end up doing something low key for Valentine's day early.
>>
What are some nice valentines meetup activity ideas?
>>
>>8831116

I think tea is always a good bet, anything with sweets. I'd love to see a card exchange or a card making meet (everyone brings their own supplies or it's like a $5 charge to cover paper and glue, scrapbooking stuff, etc). A "treat yo self" meet would be nice, getting mani pedis and having a nice dinner.
>>
Baby is having a Valentines coordinate contest. Too bad it's not international.
>>
>>8827372
I like the heeled ones, it gives it a more romantic feel
>>
>>8831018
Aw thank you! I wish you a happy valentine's too!
>>
>>8825306
draw erotic fanart of my husbando to fill the void in my heart
>>
>>8833824
this
>>
>>8825378
Which film is it? Also, Ghibli is how I got my dad to watch anime and cartoons when I was youger, lol. He fell in love with Howl's Moving Castle.
As for Valentine's, I'm single this year and will therefore be the support-and-wine dispenser for my best friend, who is in a relationship with a man who has the emotional range and brain functionality of a brick. I'm going to spend the day wearing lolita and making cute cookies and giving out sweets and making caramel popcorn for the inevitable Netflix marathon in the evening.
>>
>>8825516
At least you have a very cgl profession, anon. It sounds fun.
>>8825694
Do something CNY themed! Or have a Valentine's themed gift swap.
>>8825699
Go and have fun. Don't mope thinking about how much better/happier/more magical it would be if your bf was there. Just focus on the moment.
>>
File: Large-Candy-Box_large.png (393KB, 483x483px) Image search: [Google]
Large-Candy-Box_large.png
393KB, 483x483px
Probably going to a movie and or dinner depends on schedules and money really

I found the gift I want more than anything but I don't know how to drop hints that I want it (or justify a 60 dollar box of chocolates)
>>
>>8830770
Ooh Phantom of The Opera, I loved the movie. Is the play good? I imagine it is since it's your third time seeing it, is the singing as heavenly in person?

Secretly I want my bf to cosplay as the phantom.
>>
>>8834364
It really depends on the cast to be honest, but when it's good it's amazing.

I want my boyfriend to cosplay as Violet from Tekken.
>>
>>8826170
>>8826188
>>8826946
playing devil's advocate, I knew someone who had cancer and used it as a free pass to be a complete asshole, and it was unbearable. Like to the point where I was like "go the fuck ahead and die, then I won't have to be around you" and meant every word and still do to this day.

inb4
>shitty human being
>but they're in pain
>but you don't understand
>you just never have had cancer
>>
I'm not going anything comm related, but I'm actually excited! I'm going to go to the movies with a friend I have a crush on.
>>
>>8835058

Nah, I totally know. Can vouch because I've seen good people who were unlucky, and then assholes who used the fuck out of their diagnosis.

Cancer is hard on people. But a dick with cancer is still a dick.
>>
File: 1448962870628.jpg (284KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1448962870628.jpg
284KB, 1000x1500px
>>
File: WMJ0006-1.jpg (358KB, 430x646px) Image search: [Google]
WMJ0006-1.jpg
358KB, 430x646px
>>
I'll probably be super depressed on valentine's day as my husband severely lacks in the romance department. It usually starts with me feeling incredibly optimistic, I make him a nice breakfast and give him a handmade valentine, sometimes a silly gift. He goes to work and I expect him to surprise me with flowers or lunch on his break, but I find out he grabbed a burger with his brother. I pout, go on about my day and with much delusion, believe he'll make up for it after work. Nope. If he can even be bothered to make reservations for a restaurant, we usually argue because I mention how my friend's boyfriend did this or that. He tends to despise holidays, especially the kind that seemingly exist for corporate profits. He also says he loves me every day of the year, why does he need one day to show it? Roflmao. I don't care if he buys me $5 flowers from Walmart or $30 flowers from a local florist, I'd like to see him make some effort once in a while!
>>
>>8835565
There are two weeks until Valentines. How about telling him ahead of time that you want a really special day, especially since this year it's a sunday, not a weekday. Tell him like 3 or 4 times before the day. On the 13th say how excited you are for tomorrow. If he doesn't do anything again, then I have no idea what's wrong with him.
>>
>tfw trying to buy socks online to coordinate with rest of outfit
>can't figure out if they are pure white or cream
>fuck you stock images
>>
>>8835099
I wish I felt bad and I can't bring myself to, it's like anon said, cancer doesn't mean you don't have to be decent to people anymore. like it's fine if you want to lash out in everyway possible but I'm not going to stand there and take shitty behaviour over and over.

It's a case by case scenario I guess.
>>
>>8835565
definitely make it super clear what you would like to do/what you expect out of valentine's day on his end

>I'll be your valentine
>>
My bf and I aren't super into Valentines Day. I think I'll get some flowers for the dining room table and we'll go out to dinner.

I think I'll get him some candy and a card too, he likes candy.

I don't have high hopes because I know he doesn't really love me anymore. But I'll keep trying to pretend I don't see that.

Otherwise, my comm is organizing a meetup. Hopefully that will be fun.
>>
I just found out that the guy I have a huge crush on (and have been swooning over for like, a year now) got a girlfriend over the new year. So I'll probably just spend Valentine's day crying about that.

Otherwise, my comm is having a meetup where we get to exchange valentines! I'm actually pretty excited about it. At least my comm loves me... </3
>>
valentines day will be really weird for me this year. its always been my favorite holiday single or not, i just fucking love hearts and all the heart shit i can buy around that time of year. for the last three years my boyfriend has been so fuckin sweet and every year it's been a really sweet holiday for us. He had a traumatic brain injury and has been recovering for the last four months. i feel like i have to be really annoying to his mother in order to get him out of the house right now. it took weeks of practically begging to get him to come over my house for christmas for a few hours. i dunno, im really happy to be able to spend time with him but this shit is rough and I think i might just mentally completely break down when valentines day rolls around.
>>
I'll be attending my first meet (valentines day themed) the week after valentines day, I'm super excited! I hope my hair accessories get in in time, besides that it's all set. It's very muted pinks, purples, and creams with lots of flowers.

As for romance stuff, my and my boyfriend's anniversary is the 12th so we'll be going out to dinner then. Or maybe lunch or something because I think I work that night. Then on valentines day we'll probably laze around the apartment, watch our favorite movies, and bake muffins and order takeout. we're considering buying a new mattress and bedset instead of getting each other gifts because we love to sleep and a full size mattress isnt' cutting it anymore lol
>>
>>8826184
Anon I would say that you and I should go ice skating and make cinnamon buns together. Last year my bf went to a Yugioh tournament on Valentine's. He also thinks valentines is a holiday for businesses to make money. So I don't expect anything this year. He's a good boyfriend in every other aspect though.
>>
>>8835565
This sounds a lot like what I've gone thru with my partner, as he didn't get the whole "why do we have to make a big deal out of one day??" thing.
I agree with the >>8835643 anon especially just let him know that even if he thinks it's stupid it means something to YOU.
It doesn't matter if it's a "corporate cash in", if you mean something to him it shouldn't be that big of a burden to have a cliche sappy day celebrating your love! Cause even tho you say it everyday, you don't get to go all out! Valentine's day is (at least my) excuse for going over board just because you care!

If nothing else you can come join us anon! I'll be baking all day so you can come snack with us!
>>
>>8825652
Yesstyle is a trap desu
>>
No bf this year so i'll probably have a lazy sunday with my cat instead. Drink wine, have fancy bath, maybe bake something for shits and giggles.
>>
bump to save from oblivion
pretty sure my comm is gonna have a valentines day meetup but i have nothing to wear
>>
>>8825306
>>8825306
I'm going to eat a bunch of junk food and then throw it up and sulk about how I'm too quiet and shy to have friends, let alone a boyfriend

also, probably shitpost
>>
My SO of a few years and I are in a long distance relationship now since they moved, so I'm really depressed over Valentine's day ngl.

SO is busy often so communicating is difficult and we hardly call, I feel like at this point I won't be surprised if I don't get flowers or a letter etc. Is there a way to hint about these things without sounding selfish?
>>
I was initially planning a valentines specific lolita coord but I don't think the stuff I ordered for it will all arrive in time. Might just do a pink larme or otome type coord instead.

My bf was recently in a car accident and although he was ok, his car was not, so we haven't been able to see each other much lately (i'm a no car poorfag student) and don't even know if we can spend valentine's day together.
If we do we'll probably do something dumb like go to the mall and watch Zoolander 2 and eat cinnabon. Peak romance.
>>
Probably work but I plan to spoil myself with flowers, candy and other shit so I don't feel sorry for myself.

My comm had a meetup last year but I'm not sure if anything is going to happen this year.
>>
>>8827626
There is a comm! We'll be having a Valentine's meet but it'll be on the 27th (to coincide with the launch of a photobook we made). Fair warning though, the comm has a ton of itas. Everyone's pretty nice though so it's not too bad.
>>
>>8827236
I'm glad your commless so they don't have to be embarrassed by that fugly OP and your "sturdy" Mary Janes....
>>
Nothing romantic. Boyfriend and I are hosting a get-together with friends because one of them is visiting from abroad, and it's her only day free. We never really do anything on Valentine's anyway, because it's so close to our anniversary anyway.

Lolita comm is kind of putting together a meet, but I haven't a clue what's going on there, and haven't been to any meets lately. So. Yep.
>>
I recently met my ldr girlfriend for the first time in real life at ALA last weekend and it went really well! I was really worried that there would be an awkward disconnect by actually being together in real life. We're back to being ldr, but since I'm in school and she's working, I get the three day weekend off. So I'm taking a boltbus down to visit her on a whim and she's super excited too. We'll probably just watching a dumb movie since that was our plan before I decided to get bus tickets, but it'll be nice to do it in person I think.
>>
>>8849345
This reminds me of myself back in the day, before i became smart.

LDRs are for faggets. Date a girl near you, anon.
>>
>>8849345
I'm so happy for you anon! Ldr's are pretty worth it if it's the perfect partner for you. I hope you have a fun time together!

My bf is going to visit me in March but I'll be breaking the news to my parents (student living at home still) on Valentine's day since it's technically my personal gift from him. Praying everything goes well!
>>
>>8827012
They fail because they found the wrong person or the "lust" phase ended or marry someone just to not be alone. I can wait for love and being less bitter and bitchy about that instead to go for any relationship to fill my void. Marry when you have the REAL person you are in love, not abusive and that respect you. A friend of mine tried something with me but for reason of distance, preferred to with a horrible girl that bitches at everything treating him like shit and walking in eggshell, unfortunately many many due to a distorted vision of love and themselves, they go always with the damaged people to fill their void and broken self, they think to save that person but it's useless because they will end desperate and more bitter. I used to be like this and it's awful, you end always in abusive relationship to be "a white knight". When you are damaged and find a good person you won't notice it because you would feel unworthy of him/her. And now i stop my rant.
>>8827035
Uhm if they are already married that isn't a true relationship you have, it's an affair!!!!
>>8827996
My life in a nutshell lol. I should organize a Valentine lolita meet instead to be sad that day.
>>
I want to plan a meet since it seems like nobody else has for it yet but I can't really think of any good ideas to do for our meet. I think the last big meet the comm had was a tea party so I dunno if people would want to do another so soon or not and I just don't know what else we could do
>>
Gonna be at Katsu, couple cosplay with a few friends, cuddle my friend I like to sleep, and have a dinner date Sunday on the way home. I'm pretty excited and hope I don't have some huge let down.
>>
>>8826450
>>8826620
This type of bitching is exactly why you're alone.
>>
Our comm had a really nice Valentines day meet today in a local park.
We played games, ate sweets, and exchanged valentine's cards.
Pretty much everyone was well dressed and the normies were almost all at home watching football.
9/10
>>
No plans...bf will be at Katsu, and will probably be too busy to remember Valentine's, even though it's kind of an anniversary of sorts for us. I see him the week after for MAGfest, at least. Maybe I can guilt him into a ride on the ferris wheel.
>>
>>8826827
So will I! Haven't decided on my coord just yet but it's going to have to match my wellies if this rain keeps up
>>
Going to be couples cosplaying a certain prominent Umineko ship with the gf at Katsu. Was p salty about Valentines Day falling ON katsu last year bc single pleb but now it's aaight.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.