[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 110

File: help.jpg (22KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
22KB, 236x314px
New help thread? Old one is beginning to autosage >>8766423 .

Please help out your fellow gulls.
>>
>>8806487
Get some sock glue and attach some black ribbon or fabric to your legs in the right spot.

>>8806808
A petticoat will solve a multitude of problems.

>>8806623
They make silver square labels that you could cut into smaller shapes and glue on. Just sticking them probably won't last long. Or you could get some metallic silver fabric, add heat n' bond paper to it, and cut it into tiny squares.
>>
File: darts.jpg (227KB, 1865x619px) Image search: [Google]
darts.jpg
227KB, 1865x619px
Which would be the best way to do the seams/darts on this dress? Options I've thought of are (seam lines in red):
>A) Seam down the middle front of bodice
>B) Princess seams
>C) Shoulder princess seams
>D) Bust darts + lower dress darts
The dress will be made out of bottomweight poly/spandex, if that helps. It needs to be extremely form-fitting around the torso.
>>
>>8806924
B or C are your best bets since they'll match the leg cuts
>>
>>8806924
I think B will be easiest and look nicest. The center front seam would be a disaster.
>>
>>8806924
B, definitely, will give the slits a nicer look too
>>
Is there any other makeup brand I can mix with ben nye? I need to make a light blue color. I have a container of clown white. If there's something a little easier to buy to mix with it, I'd like to know. Otherwise I can order a container online or find a physical shop that sells it in my area.
>>
>>8806936
>>8806940
>>8806992
Thanks! I will try making the mock-up like that and see how it goes. My main concern is that the bodice won't stick to the middle of the chest between the breast in that configuration, which is normal for clothing but the cartoon art show clear separation of mounds.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1452470196592.jpg (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1452470196592.jpg
2MB, 1920x1920px
I guess this can go here. I'm trying to paint this design on a skirt and I'm having an ass of a time mixing a color that is just a shade off of the fabric (there's more contrast irl than is photographing).

I went to the store and bought this color in a fit of rage and I'm not sure if I should just keep trying to mix a color closer or keep going with what I have. Folks on twitter and Facebook said to go with it, but I know good ol /cgl/ would be brutally honest with me if this is looking shit.
>>
>>8807185
If possible, try to emboss the design rather than painting it. If that's not an option just go with that you're already doing, it's not too bad.
>>
>>8807208
Thanks anon. I have never consider embossing as an option for fabric at all and it doesn't look like I have the means to make that work right now. But I'm going to keep that in mind for future projects and possibly remaking the skirt after ALA.
>>
>Cosplaying with a bald cap and designs/tattoos along the backside of the head
>Makeup took five hours the first time I wore it and the tattoos still looked wobbly as heck

For a future convention, I'm planning on painting the design onto the bald cap ahead of time so 1) it will be more precise and 2) I can spend less time on makeup. How can I "preserve" the design to make sure it won't smudge (I'm flying out to the con)?
>>
>>8801058
Re-asking here since I didn't get any suggestions in the previous thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 1334x750px
Where can i find these kind ir simaler led string lights. The ones in pic related glowed on and off too.
>>
>>8807549
It looks like LED tape strips. Try searching LED strip lights or Flexible LED strip lights.
>>
>>8807419
All I know is rubber prosthetics are painted with grease paint the sealed with castor oil. I think it's pseudo permanent
>>
>>8807419
>>8807593
Whoops, should have included more detail in my question.

The first time wearing it to a con, I used Mehron and Ben Nye creme paints to paint onto the bald cap. The paints were sealed with setting powder and hairspray (instead of Final Seal, since it was just latex and not real skin). I was thinking of covering ithe design in plastic wrap (kind of like a cling film) when transporting it.

But thank you for the tip on castor oil! I hadn't known about that and am looking it up right now!
>"If make-up is applied without castor sealer the latex will slowly break down."
>THIS LOOKS IMPORTANT
>>
Please help me choose an arda wig color for princess daisy.

Last thread I was told that Dark Copper Red is a no.
>>
>>8808075
I have the color ring so I flipped through it and dark copper red was actually the first one I grabbed. What did anon not like about it? My second pick would be Pumpkin since it looks like Daisy's hair is pretty far into the orange tones for this design (I had always interpreted it as brown?) and a more orange color might fit well with the rest of the bright colors in the outfit anyways
>>
File: Daisy_3.png (372KB, 760x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Daisy_3.png
372KB, 760x1013px
>>8808079

That's the same thing I though. I was looking through their flickr album and this was the color that mostly resembled her hair to me. At least in those 3d models I guess.
>>
>>8806764

Pls
>>
>>8808075
you could always dye the a dark brown wig cherry red.
>>
>>8808178
I have zero experience doing this. How much can I fuck up? I guess I can look up some tutorials. Do I have to use a special dye or will any dye do? Any recommended brands?
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 640x414px
Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this wig? I've been looking for tutorials and helpful things everywhere but I haven't had any luck.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 500x750px
I asked some other stuff in the last thread about this dress, thank you to those/that anon who helped me on the fabric at the back of the dress. Now I'm wondering how would I get the shape right like this? I have a pretty small chest so I don't know if cups would be necessary but in terms of shape how would I make it look nice? Pic related
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Ok so the biggest things I'm at a loss for is how to get more orange tipped spikes for the hair (as well as which arda wig would fit best), as well as getting the tail to be thinner (I've made a tail before for another cosplay but it was pretty thick). Also any general tips for smaller details?
>>
Does anyone have any ideas or know of any tutorials for body suits like shock-tress/sephygoth does?

I've been looking high and low because I want to do padding underneath costumes without looking like an unflattering lumpy nark.
>>
>>8807054
What are you trying to do? Paint your face or body blue?

You'll need to find some other cream based make-up to mix it up with.

Personally, I'd find some liquid paint since you could create an entire little bottle that's all the same color, rather than trying to mix it on the clown white cake, but your way can work too.
>>
>>8808167
Do you need real ones or are you just using them as a prop?

I would try asking >>>/k/ if you need real ones (they'd know better than us) or you could just make your own if you need them as props. There's a lot of different ways you could make them.
>>
>>8808936
It's the face and neck. The rest is covered up. I actually messaged a more experienced friend who said i should be able to mix with another cream based makeup.
>>
>>8808258
it's pretty easy, just make sure you get some extra fiber to do tests before you dunk the whole wig. RIT dye is your best bet and arda has a whole section on their site for this. Personally I would start with a wig that's too bright and use the dye to tone it down, that'll be a lot easier than trying to make a brown wig more orange/red.

You'll need a stove, a large pot, and some tongs to get the wig out. You boil the water, add a little bit of the dye, and then throw in a little swatch for about 30 seconds to a minute. The dye goes in pretty fast but you can leave it in longer or add more dye if you want to adjust. Also once you've dyed the whole wig, it's gonna look kinda fucked up because the heat of the boiling water crimps all the fibers. It's not damaged though, once it's dry it just needs to be straightened with a flat iron and it'll be good as new.
>>
>>8807468
N-nobody has any suggestions?

>>8808274
I don't know Arda well enough to help you there, but the tips can be done with Sharpie dying. As for the tail, did you stuff your other tail with something?
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 640x384px
Best place to order something like this?
Toywiz? Orrrrr?
>>
>>8808947
I don't think they would let real ones in cons? What's an easy way to make them? My resources here are kinda low. The craft foam only comes in small sheets so that's not an option. Maybe cardboard? How can I make them not look shitty?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-06-18-59.png (329KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-06-18-59.png
329KB, 1440x2560px
>>8809090
OK so do you recommend I buy the light brown wig then dye it cherry red? Which base color wig would be best? Thanks for the help so far.
>>
>>8810995
Look up tuts for the Demon Wind Shuriken from Naruto. It's a giant throwing star. This will help you out.
>>
>>8811008
I actually found a smaller plastic replica of this. Maybe I can buy it and use some bondo to shape it like the one I'm making. If all else fails maybe I can just make one out of bonds from scratch. Thanks for the help anon.
>>
Does anyone know of any lashes that are good for characters that just have a higher volume of lash on the corners of the eyes? Pinky paradise is kinda sold out.
>>
>>8810999
nah like I said I don't think a brown wig would really take on the color like that. I would get a wig that's Pumpkin (the dark orange color) and then mix brown and red dye to just deepen the color of the wig a little. Start small with the amount of dye you use, sometimes a little can go a long way and if you have too much you'll basically have to dump it and start over (seriously like, no more than 1/4 tsp at a time)

And no worries! I'm pretty picky about colors myself so I end up dyeing something for every project and I've learned a lot.
>>
File: 6299.jpg (43KB, 349x502px) Image search: [Google]
6299.jpg
43KB, 349x502px
>>8808273
they're called princess seams. Use a pattern like this, sew a mockup, and then make adjustments as needed.
>>
File: image.jpg (251KB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 3000x1687px
>>8810995
You weren't very specific as to what you needed them for haha.

You can make them out of wood, foam, resin, even paper.
>>
>>8811050
Will do this. Thanks so much.
>>
How are arda wigs shipped? How big is the box usually?
>>
File: 1452655067051.jpg (21KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1452655067051.jpg
21KB, 500x282px
Is there a type of clay I can lay over foam, which I smooth out and then apply worbla?
>>
File: IMG_0992.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0992.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Whats the best way to remove the residue from masking tape from leather. I masked these boots and it left a sticky film. I dont want to accidentally ruin the leather trying to get it off.
>>
File: 212705[1].jpg (15KB, 349x270px) Image search: [Google]
212705[1].jpg
15KB, 349x270px
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I'd have to shape the ridge running along the front part of Godot's mask?
>>
>>8811476
Ive read that gentlly scrubbing with mild dishsoap can help, as well as olive oil or baby oil (leave the oil in the spot for a few minutes, then wipe off). I dont have personal experience with this though.

>>8811225
Pretty sure theyre all shipped in plastic envelopes. Ive never gotten one in a box. The envelopes are maybe, 12 in x 14in? depends on the size of the wig. Ive never had them come tangled or messed up though.
>>
File: s529-2.jpg (137KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s529-2.jpg
137KB, 700x1200px
Does anyone know where to find shoes like these in larger sizes? The biggest I'm finding is 25.5 but I'm doing a pair cosplay with a friend and she needs a 26.5.
Thank you very much!
>>
I'm not able to order a kore wa zombie chainsaw online, does anyone have any tips or tutorials on making one at home? I tried looking for other characters who also use a chainsaw but I had no luck.

thanks in advance.
>>
>>8811476
Dishsoap does nothing. Try olive oil or cooking spray. Like the other anon said, leave it on for a few minutes, they wipe it off/gently scrub. I do this for plastic, books, etc. that all has sticky residue from price tags and tape. I've never done it on leather before, though.
>>
>>8811054
Thank you!
>>
>>8811225
Mine come in a box. Maybe the size of an a4 book opened? Though I usually order a few at a time
>>
File: vierrajumpsuit.jpg (45KB, 458x424px) Image search: [Google]
vierrajumpsuit.jpg
45KB, 458x424px
I'm about to start work on a Viera Assassin from the FF Tactics series, but I'm making my own pattern for the jumpsuit and want to ask for an opinion before I actually cut it out. I'm doing it like this tutorial: https://youtu.be/-82yKSucMMk Only thing is, I don't want side seams so I was just going to lay the shirt out fully so half both the back and front would show then flip the bottoms so the front and back are the right size (pic is what I'm talking about).

Question is, will I still be able to get that poof like in the picture? The shirt I have in the pic is a bigger than the one I'm actually using for the pattern, but the pants are the same.
>>
File: femme pengu.jpg (120KB, 891x537px) Image search: [Google]
femme pengu.jpg
120KB, 891x537px
If this question isn't allowed I will delete it. But I would like opinions on this genderbend concept I have going. I know the colors are off and the vest is ugly. But I put it there for the sake of having it there so it wouldn't look like I forgot. But the rest of it is pretty solid in the direction I wanna take it. Thoughts please?
>>
File: Jareth.jpg (34KB, 450x586px) Image search: [Google]
Jareth.jpg
34KB, 450x586px
I'd like to do a Jareth cosplay in honor of our sweet prince. What would be the best way to achieve the infamous crotch bulge? I don't have a penis.
>>
>>8811572
Bodyline does large sizes
Kinda confused because that is a bodyline pic
>>
>>8812638
the best way would probably be to get a packer, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would drop that much money for something they'll use for one cosplay... maybe just get a 10 buck purple wang off amazon and stuff it in there?
>>
>>8812638
Get a sports cup of a dancer's belt.
>>
What would be the best wig to get for pic related? How would I go about styling it as well?
>>
File: Araragi.Koyomi.full.911970.jpg (127KB, 880x560px) Image search: [Google]
Araragi.Koyomi.full.911970.jpg
127KB, 880x560px
>>8812783
Here's the picture...
>>
File: 1423254271216.jpg (45KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1423254271216.jpg
45KB, 224x224px
lady anons with wide feet, where do you get shoes? i want to get into fashion and maybe cosplaying but so little ever fits me. i am uk based if it helps.
>>
File: ariel hair.png (373KB, 966x376px) Image search: [Google]
ariel hair.png
373KB, 966x376px
Trying to decide on a wig for Ariel and I've run into some snags... and I'm obsessing over this because she's been my favorite character since I was a little girl and I'd like to represent her in the best way I can.

I'm stuck on where to order from... I've been looking into Arda's new Silky collection (the Luthien) but I'm worried about how shiny the unnatural colors look after watching some Youtube reviews. I wasn't going to be going very dark or light -- a nice in between (see picture) -- but I don't know if that would still end up being shiny. I know in general the consensus is that you pay for shiny quality in exchange for less tangles, which is another problem I have, because lately my long wigs have been tangling like a bitch. Additionally, I wanted to really tease and fluff up her bangs and I feel as though the Silky fiber quality might be too soft to do so?

The alternate would be picking the Classic Luthien but, again, how badly would that tangle? I think at the very least the fiber quality of the bangs would stand up to teasing + style and the fiber color would look way more natural.

My other choice was Epic Cosplay. The last Epic wig I bought (usually I love their long wigs) quickly became a tangled nightmare that I only just managed to fix with spray and hours of combing. I was looking at their Hera wig but I'm worried it will turn into just what I've already dealt with.

If you've owned any of these wigs I could really use your input! My last ditch effort is to get some cheap Ebay wigs and just put them together for volume.
>>
Does anyone have a good rec for 3"-6" platform cosplaying boots or shoes? My friends all bought them years ago from sites don't exist anymore, and I'm having a tough time finding reviews of ones that turn up on google.
>>
>>8808260
maybe you could modify an oiran wig tutorial like http://itchy-hands.deviantart.com/journal/Oiran-hair-piece-tutorial-280073586

>>8812837
What character is it for?
>>
File: 2brender.jpg (1MB, 1551x3116px) Image search: [Google]
2brender.jpg
1MB, 1551x3116px
What would be a good choice of fabric to make this out of?
It almost looks like it'd be velvet or some sort of satin like material.

Also because I'm new to sewing how would I do the sleeves and the waves on the skirt?
Any ideas on how I could make the blindfold and but still see out of it?
>>
>>8811476
lighter fluid. Just dap a bit on a paper towel and rub it. It comes off easily.
>>
>>8812901
I'm crossplaying a few tall guys this con season, so it varies. For one the shoes are completely hidden under robes, for a second, the boots are visible and black. I've looked at elevator lifts but since I'm only 5ft4 I want something a little taller. I also plan on painting side of the shoe a little to mask the solid height of the platform.
>>
>>8812931
definitely velvet
>>
>>8812837
Literally anything by Pleaser or its offshoots (Demonia, Funtasma, Bordello, Pin Up Couture). They can go up to 8" in some styles, and they're durable and don't cost an arm and a leg. I swear by this brand.
>>
File: ending rin.jpg (207KB, 1153x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ending rin.jpg
207KB, 1153x1000px
So I'm doing this ending version of Rin from Free! for a group cosplay and I'm not sure what fabric to use for his outer cape (the black one). I'll be painting the gold details on.

I'd like the fabric to have a little bit of a shine so it looks more like an arabian prince I guess. But I can't afford actual silk and I'm not touching satin because that would be too shiny and look absolutely horrible in photos.

Do you have any suggestions for fabric or should I just go with something matte?
>>
>>8813057
Sorry should be clearer. Platform or lift shoes suitable for crossplay, so no noticeable sexy heel.
>>
>>8813128
Decent matte satin does exist.
You can also try a suiting. Best bet is to see the fabric in person in the store and check for the sheen and drape.
>>
>>8812530
>>
>>8812931
Since you said you're a beginner, I recommend making mock-ups for costumes if you care about accuracy and a good fit.

>What would be a good choice of fabric to make this out of?
Velvet. If it's too expensive or difficult, you can try peachskin or velour, or basically something with a short pile and "fuzzy" feel. The texture on the bust reminds me of flocked fabrics.

>how would I do the sleeves and the waves on the skirt?
Look for puffed sleeves. The "wave" in the skirt can be done by incorporating horsehair braid, unless you mean the flocked details.

>Any ideas on how I could make the blindfold and but still see out of it?
Thin black fabric with only a single layer over the eye holes. As long as light doesn't shine directly into your eyes, people can't see in, but you can see out.
>>
File: Eureka Ref.png (3MB, 2397x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka Ref.png
3MB, 2397x1050px
Okay what the hell is going on with Eureka's design? I'm going to split up the outfit into 3 different pieces but I'm a little stuck on her bodysuit.

I'm thinking of using a zentai pattern like some Anemone cosplayers have used for her flight suit but how exactly do I compensate for the extra room at Eureka's legs without fucking up the actual pattern? They never explain when you ask them.

Also which way should I go for fabric? My group suggested lycra spandex then covering it in liquid latex or doing straight vinyl - which do you think would end up better?
>>
>>8813182
Foam might be your best bet for the leg shape.

For fabric, vinyl would have weird folds at the joints. Lame might be a better option. You still have the folds but they're minor in comparison. I mean, latex would be better but you'd have to learn how to work with it and wear it.
>>
>>8813128
I really think you should at least consider getting a decent linen or cotton that doesn't wrinkle much and attempt sewing machine embroidery. It's just a bunch of straight lines. You can get white sewing chalk that disappears when you wash or iron it and you can easily draw out the pattern. If you put the needle into the fabric at the end if every line it can be easy to pivot the fabric into the next line.
>>
>>8812825
Get the classic luthien from Arda. There's really no such thing as a wig that doesn't tangle and out of the three that one will be the least shiny and have the right texture for styling the bangs. Also I'd recommend getting a pack of wefts to sew in as well for even more volume, the longer wigs tend to not look as full because of all the weight.
Also for the tangling, if you spray the fibers that would be rubbing against the back of your neck with hairspray, that should at least fend off that rats nest that tends to build up back there.
>>
>>8813153
>>8813279
Thanks! I'll just check my local fabric stores and see what I can find.

I'd really like to try embroidery, but I'm not sure if it'd turn out too great because my sewing machine is ancient (from the 50s/60s). I have done appliques with a satin stitch before though, so I guess it might work out?
>>
>>8813288
Thank you! I truly appreciate it!
>>
>>8813261
I thought so. Would adding inches onto the pattern to accommodate that be fine or would that actually screw up the whole leg shape?

And you're right, I'm not too familiar with latex and I'd hate to buy everything then fuck it up. But isn't lamé worse than vinyl? It looks to only come in tissue and metallic.
>>
File: Love hunter boots.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Love hunter boots.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
Does anybody know where I can find boots similar to pic related but in a 23cm?
>>
Is there some kind of app I could use to record progress on projects? I've been kind of manic lately and started work on several cosplays and small projects but I've having a hard time keeping myself organized with what I've already purchased, what needs to be bought, what work I've finished, and what work I have left to do.
I'm writing this all out on paper right now but I always lose or fuck up paper notes.
>>
>>8814843
I'm using Cosplanner. Set alarms to tell you when to go to the store. Put your reference photos in there. Remind yourself which con you plan to wear it at. Etc etc. Its pretty good.
>>
File: Lon'qu_(FE13_Artwork).png (349KB, 624x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Lon'qu_(FE13_Artwork).png
349KB, 624x1005px
Sorry, i read through the thread but have nothing to offer.

Starting with nothing, id like to make as few purchases as possible for this costume. What do I need?

Fur seems to only sell by the yard, and EVA foam for some pieces seems wasted as theyre so small. Fabric is whatever I think i know what to get.
>>
>>8812540
woooooahhhhh where are you doing this cosplay? I plan on cosplaying Luso and Marche very soon!
>>
>>8815469
right let's see. you're going to need 5 or 6 fabrics I believe (blue, red, white, fur and I can see 2 kinds of black on the 'gloves', but you could maybe get away with one), plus a bit of leather and gold ribbon for trims (or just cheat it with a fabric marker, especially if you're taller and no one sees the top close up). the blacks issue - it looks to me like the inner part of the 'glove' is the only part using this second woolly black fabric, so honestly you could probably cheat it with one fabric for cost-effectiveness. or check the fabric scraps in your local store.
over here fabric stores stock 'fabric by weight', where there's basically random sizes of maybe lower quality fabrics. the furs there look quite nice usually, I think you should see if anyone is offering something like that/scraps near you. if you're lucky you could get all of the necessary fabric from there but if not, I'd say the fur, black and red could come from there
I have no experience with propmaking but for the sword, I guess you could try using the boffer method, get some pvc tube for the core and some tube insulation (or cut up a sleeping mat) for the outside, apply duct tape, decorate. you could also just bite the bullet and get some EVA and use it on later cosplays. I can't help you on the sheath but remember to get a bit of extra red fabric for the wrapping (I'd probably overlook that on the first try myself so just pointing it out)
boots are usually easier to buy than make.
you will also very likely need a wig, and I'm sure the lovely people at the wig thread could recommend one if you went and asked nicely.
>>
>>8811347
It doesn't make much sense what you are saying. Why don't you just apply the worbla over the foam?
You can apply plaster and Sand it if you want, tho.
>>
>>8815488
That's cool. Not enough love for Tactics Advance. I'm planning to debut it at this small college event in Chicago, but I'm taking it to Naka in Kansas afterwards. Then, who knows after. When are you doing yours?

Speaking of the costume, I just want to know is >>8812540 a good idea or bad idea?
>>
File: FZ_Thompson_closeup.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FZ_Thompson_closeup.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
What's the best way to make a hexagonal barrel like in pic related?
>>
>>8815657
Thank you, that covers all the costumes materials. I was also wondering what id need besides a sewing needle to put it together. I really am starting with nothing but a needle and basic threads for fixing clothes.

I do have patterns however.

>>8815906
Make it out of a churro

Or take a nut (tool) and draw lines from it. Actually I think you could get some food weight of you line up the nuts and mold something thin around them. Be sure its balanced though.
>>
>>8815926
you'll want a sewing machine, or a lot of time. the sewing thread can tell you about sewing machines, a basic one will run you around $80 or so. second handers are pretty good too.
when starting out be easy on the pedal - don't go too fast, play around with tensions to get a feel of them and practice making both straight and curved lines on some sort of scrap fabric. fur you will most likely have to handsew, I'm not really sure what stitch is the best (don't have too much experience myself).
>>
File: PAArtbook.jpg (936KB, 1000x1580px) Image search: [Google]
PAArtbook.jpg
936KB, 1000x1580px
I am planning to cosplay as Pandora's Actor from Overlord. I'm new to cosplay in general so I'm having most of it being commissioned. I'm wondering how I should go about creating the hands and face. His hands have elongated fingers so I'll probably need to address that too.

Also, for the chains on his blazer and trench coat, are those chains or military cords? I can't really tell after checking several sources of him (both from anime and light novel).
>>
>>8815893
Why would you apply worbla at all is my question
>>
>>8816053
they look like braided cords to me
>>
File: tumblr_npn1shiIh81rvaww0o1_500.gif (691KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npn1shiIh81rvaww0o1_500.gif
691KB, 488x488px
A little help. Ive got a Splatoon group and for the life of us we cant find anything apropriate for the tanks.

A large sheet of acetate to roll or clear piping would be great, but alot of us are in the garbage budget area and I'm valuing group consistancy over individual quality,

Can anyone think of something to make the glass part of the tank out of?
>>
>>8817571
2-liter soda bottle with the top/bottom cut off. I don't know off the top of my head how you'd get the label residue off but I'm sure there's SOMETHING that would work. Just keep in mind that shit like acetone might melt the plastic too, so test it on the bits you don't need first.
>>
>>8817588
We're currently working with 3 litres and A. theyre too small, and B. look like utter crap.
>>
>>8817591
Look for a clear plastic pitcher and see what you can do with that? S'not going to be much larger than a 2-liter, though. I don't know how big you plan on making the tanks but your odds of finding something pre-made to use as a tube drop exponentially the larger you go.

Your best bet really is clear plastic that you roll yourself, but as you've noticed that gets expensive VERY fast as the size of the sheets go up.
>>
>>8817571
I was at walmart and there were some thicker plastic vase that would be almost perfect. They might be a bit too small and had neck but those can be cut off easily. Maybe your local walmart would have those too
>>
File: 2016-01-17 10.22.37.png (3MB, 1397x1354px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17 10.22.37.png
3MB, 1397x1354px
This is a 100% rayon dress from Old Navy that has ripped in the wash. I tried handstitching the holes but they don't do much justice imo. Are there any techniques I could do to better fix them? The shell is lined so I have 2 layers to work with.

I have underlined in black all I've fixed.
>>
Hey- I'm not new to making armour or working with worbla, but I'm at a loss how to do a double-sided chestplate. I've only ever done armour with open backs- any suggestions?
>>
>>8817701
Breastplates connect at the shoulders and sides of the abdomen. Velcro should be fine. Hooks and clasps is all you need... or can do sides with a belt type thing
>>
>>8817654
I would cover the holes in a patch or make some applique that matches the flowers.

If not, I would do a satin stitch on my sm to cover all the holes.
>>
>>8817728
I'll try the satin stitch! If I can find the right color I'm thinking I can just cover the entire flower the hole is on to make it look like an embroidered patch. Thanks anon.
>>
Ive been working on a Purple Guy FNAF cosplay, Ive got the Zentai, dyed Security Guard pants and shirt, a badge, workshoes and Flashlught, but for the life of me I cant find a template to make a Security Guard hat. All that comes up are 2D ones for Preschool Crafts. Im a total sewing noob but Ill stab my hands dry making it if I can get a template. Ive looked into dying the fabric insert but theyre almost all a waterproof composition or extremely dark. Any help?
>>
>>8818108
If you can't dye one. You could use fabric paint. Brands like tulip make brushable type. Mix the color until you get one that's a decent match to the suit.
>>
I'm a big of a chubby male and I only have 3 months before a con, any suggestions for costume ideas? I was suggested hellboy but I don't have the physique to rock it
>>
File: Good!.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Good!.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
Planning a cosplay of this character, what is a good thing to use to create the makeup on the side of his face? I don't want to completely fuck up with the makeup, I noticed a lot of crappy Mettaton cosplays with a similar type of makeup, and I don't want to end up like that.
>>
File: Josuke.jpg (166KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Josuke.jpg
166KB, 1024x683px
How would I go about making a pomp wig for my Josuke Cosplay?
>>
File: shirayuki.png (2MB, 841x1142px) Image search: [Google]
shirayuki.png
2MB, 841x1142px
I am interested in cosplaying as shirayuki, specifically this outfit. I'm wondering what kind of fabric would be best to use for the longer dress-like part of it. If this is the wrong place to ask, let me know and I'll shut up.
>>
What's the best way to go about these two's masks? I've looked at examples of paint and foam masks and can't really decide what would be better. When I tried a foam mask for myself it just... didn't really look flattering around my eyes. But with paint you have to cover your eyebrows, so I'm not sure what the better option is, or maybe there's a trick to making your eyes look less bland and more normal with a mask on?
>>
>>8819125
Try looking into tutorials for making domino masks. NsomniaksDream has a tutorial for making one with liquid latex that doesn't look too difficult.
>>
>>8816268
Because that's what that anon wanted to do. There are a lot of coaplayera that do that tho, but I don't do it.
>>
File: bo yo.png (180KB, 302x540px) Image search: [Google]
bo yo.png
180KB, 302x540px
So I'm doing a cosplay of the game LISA, and I was considering Bo (pic related) or buddy, but I'm not super experienced with cosplay and I wanted some input on which might be a bit easier.
>>
File: 1450136072266.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450136072266.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>8819725
This is the other character I was considering, Buddy. I'm not sure which of them, if either, would be easier since this is really one of the first times I've seriously wanted to cosplay.
>>
>>8819730
This one would be much easier anon, the other costumes head looks a little difficult and stressful for a beginner! Since these are pretty simple though make sure you try to get as many of the fine details into this costume as you can. Good luck :D
>>
File: Red Robin.jpg (47KB, 423x750px) Image search: [Google]
Red Robin.jpg
47KB, 423x750px
I'm thinking about trying to cosplay Reb Robin for AX, but I'm a real skinny guy so I wanted opinions on this: Should I create fake muscles that go under the costume, and if so how? I understand the possibility of it looking cheesy but I'm afraid I'll look less like Red Robin and more like a geeky fanboy in Red Robins costume if I don't somehow have the muscles.
>>
File: 1449617883928.png (267KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449617883928.png
267KB, 900x900px
>>8819815
Thanks! Yeah, I think the details would be what makes or breaks it. I don't suppose you would know what material I could use for the cloak that isn't to expensive?
>>
>>8818683
its actually quite simple, i wish i had progress pics of my pomp to help you but the easiest way i found to make it was get a medium length wig from arda, with one pack of short wefts (i bought two to be safe and only ended up using one to make the pomp). I followed this tutorial
http://bar-code-cat.tumblr.com/post/53041684362/how-i-made-my-wig-for-josuke-pompadour-wig

But rather than use the wire/masking tape combo i used 2 in thick green foam with black felt glued around it for the wefts to adhere to. and after spraying and gluing the wefts around the pomp i glued the pomp to the top of the base wig and blended the wig into the pomp to make it look uniform.

I was really intimidated by making the pomp but as soon as i got started it kinda put itself together, you just cant be afraid of throwing it all together.
>>
So im working on Kindred's mask from lol and i just finished making the mask from eva foam, detailing it and currently plasti-dipping the sucker. its my first time doing a project with eva foam so what kind of paints would you guys recommend for making the mask look like wood? I found lots of tutorials for metal and weathering for metalic parts but im not having as much luck for a wood-like appearence
>>
I made the mock-up of a skirt in muslin. Now I am wondering if it would be alright to just use that as a lining instead of another material?

Holding the two together it doesn't seem to be affecting the outer material with any creases or bumps or anything. But I don't have the experience to tell whether it will turn out okay or like rubbish.

Can anyone offer some advice?
>>
File: bldbrn.png (608KB, 935x768px) Image search: [Google]
bldbrn.png
608KB, 935x768px
Any thoughts on what fabric I could use for the coat? I'm thinking a heavy canvas.

I'm going with the Yharnam tricorn. If i can't find a decent costume one that I like could I make one by folding the brim of a wide, flat brim like shown?
>>
>>8820219
Have you considered denim?
>>
>>8820222
I did see some black bull denim that I thought might work. While it was far from a "blue jean jacket" material I'm still kind of hesitant to use it.
>>
File: 24118240841_d1fcd83761_z.jpg (81KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
24118240841_d1fcd83761_z.jpg
81KB, 640x422px
>>8820219
For our coats we used a heavier 100% cotton twill. Sanding it down creates the worn look it does in the game. Also baby powder the shit out of it.
>>
>>8820219
It looks like it should be leather, but bottomweight twill (like denim) or select suedecloths can be an appropriate and more budget-friendly substitute. Just gotta weather the fabric to achieve a similar appearance.
My top concern about canvas is that it might be too stiff to drape in the same manner and a pain to sew by machine.
>>
File: 24174777736_204a11cf61_k.jpg (636KB, 1394x2048px) Image search: [Google]
24174777736_204a11cf61_k.jpg
636KB, 1394x2048px
>>8820422
This use a heavy bottomweight twill and sand the fuck out of it. Although to be honest I do think the Hunter A coat is leather.
>>
For Princess Peach should I use something like casa satin or just cotton? Her dress doesn't have any shine in the least but it's a princess gown.
>>
>>8820785
I'd say something with a low sheen would look nice. You could go with a nice bridal satin. You'll want something a little on the heavier side then a basic cotton.
>>
I didn't see where else to post this.. But does anyone have any information on this site?

cosplaydiy.ecrater.com

Looking for a custommade costume and most of their products are nice-- just can't find any feedback.
>>
I'm trying to figure out how to do Sidon Ithano from the Star Wars movie. How should I go about making the mask? Also what types of fabrics should I use for the cape and shirt?
>>
>>8820922
HA no picture cause I'm fucking amazing.
>>
File: DC_-_Elf_-_02.png (676KB, 772x1241px) Image search: [Google]
DC_-_Elf_-_02.png
676KB, 772x1241px
I'm stuck on boots for pic related. Any ideas?
>>
>>8812931
If you're new to sewing I'd start with something simpler
>>
My sisters and I want to cosplay to a con, but I don't have the slightest clue on how to make a cosplay (last year was a nightmare) and I don't really want to invest years into learning how to sew. Are there any good sites to buy cosplays? I probably could style a wig, that's all. It can even be a bit price-y and we'd even commission someone, but where should I look?
>>
File: 2brenderskirt.jpg (470KB, 1502x781px) Image search: [Google]
2brenderskirt.jpg
470KB, 1502x781px
so another dress question.
what would be the best way to put the design on this? I've been told that painting or embroidering would be the best options and would look the best.
I'm not too concerned about the pattern on the underside since no one will see it.

I've thought embossing could work. But making a stamp and everything by hand would be a bit too much for something like this.
>>
>>8821156
I'm not new to sewing. I know how to sew basic things. But I feel this is a good step up from where I'm at.
>>
>>8821216
I've generally found cosplayholic to be good.
>>
File: 0020.6-016.jpg (369KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0020.6-016.jpg
369KB, 1066x1600px
I'll be cosplaying Tatsumaki and plan to put some wire on her dress flap things.

Any ideas on how to secure it? The wire would be between two layers off fabric, so it's okay if looks shoddy.
What about hot glue? Would the hardness be visible on the fabric's outside?
>>
>>8821506
Sew it to the seam allowance with a zizzag going over the wire. Jfc do not use glue. Better yet sew a channel with tye seam allowance. Think if it like a kite.
>>
>>8821516
The thing is, I can't sew for shit. A friend made the dress for me and I don't wanna bother her again with this.

I'll look into this tho! Maybe it's simple enough I can try.
>>
>>8821506
>>8821526
I really don't recommend hot gluing the wire onto fabric. The glue will cling to the fabric but have a harder time with the metal wire, and the wire will quickly pop off since it's at the bottom of a long dress, which will experience a lot of springing motion and knocking into people/things at a con. Hot glue would also look awful in photos. Nothing says "I put this together in the hotel room 5 minutes ago" like that.

If you can't machine-sew, hand sewing stitches every inch apart will still be better than gluing. Look up a YouTube tutorial, it doesn't take more than 10 minutes to learn the basics.

Hope you can do the character well! I'm also going to be cosplaying her.
>>
The biggest thing stopping me from getting into this is my social anxiety, it's pretty bad on it's own but I'm afraid cosplaying would make it worse.
how do you guys cope with it?
>>
File: 2ffa86f8faf261130fa8300f72c26d53.jpg (127KB, 736x1105px) Image search: [Google]
2ffa86f8faf261130fa8300f72c26d53.jpg
127KB, 736x1105px
I'd like to cosplay Miku (not box outfit) but I'm not sure how to do the wig. Most Miku wigs suck, but I think that this wig used with the kigurumi for promotion looks pretty good. Any ideas on how to style the twintails like this? I'm at a loss.
>>
File: CV0GNQdUYAA9h5G.png (218KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CV0GNQdUYAA9h5G.png
218KB, 599x337px
Help wanted. So I was thinking of doing a cloister wraith from the series 9 finally of doctor who. The face in the show is digitally imposed on green screen most likely but does anyone know a way I can get a similar effect of darkness and then a face randomly appearing every so many seconds? I thought I might be able to get a similar affect with an lcd screen and a driver to flash the screen on with different faces. But I can't think of anyway to make it look completely black and like there isn't a face. I could then build the costume up a little so my actual head and eye sight is below the screen of course.

Any ideas or if you know of any guides for similar ideas please let me know. Thanks
>>
>>8822255
Lots of wefts and lots of teasing.

>>8822185
Use the feels thread for this.

>>8820816
They look like a Taobao reseller. Save yourself some money and get the costumes straight from Taobao.
For comparison, that Krul costume is $50-60 on Taobao compared to $109 on their site.
>>
>>8822721
I'm proud of you for posting in the right thread, anon.
>>
File: Garnet-ffix-field-long.png (69KB, 178x403px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet-ffix-field-long.png
69KB, 178x403px
So I'm planning on cosplaying Garnet from ffix. I have all her other pieces figured out but the orange jumpsuit is giving me some trouble since I've never made anything like it before.
Which would be the best method: make it from scratch or buy a zentai and modify it?
I feel like if I made it from scratch it would probably fit better but modding a zentai would be less work.. Are there any other things I should keep in mind when working with lycra, other than pattern scaling to adjust for stretch?
>>
>>8822724

Ohh I see, thank you.
>>
>>8819125
I'm going to be making mine out of latex when I cosplay Chat Noir. I think latex + bodypaint around the eyes could be good since the masks move with their faces, so something like foam or worbla mask wouldn't work as well.
just painting it on could also be an idea
>>
File: Sidon_Ithano_CT.png (584KB, 512x741px) Image search: [Google]
Sidon_Ithano_CT.png
584KB, 512x741px
>>8820922
>>8820938
I've been interested in making this too (eventually....) so here's what I can come up with:

The ideal way to do the cape would be to hand weave it, but you could just get a loosely woven fabric and weave grey and red wool or something into it.
The shirt looks quilted, a medium-thick cotton could do the job, and you'd have to at least quilt the lines into it and then hand sew and cut the bright red stitching like it looks in the picture. there also seems to be a red leather or vinyl trim around the bottom of the shirt.

The helmet is a whole 'nother story. If you have absolutely no experience making similar things you're going to have a hard time with this. As far as I can tell scratchbuilding is the only option right now, and with the somewhat organic shape of the mask, sculpting and casting it would be the best way to do it. You could also try to make it out of foam or worbla or something but there's too many ways to do that for me to explain here. Your other option is to wait for someone to make pepakura files or to start selling kits but the kit WILL be expensive and it may be a while before someone makes one. (I did search for examples of building this already but there's only one finished build I could find and it didn't turn out that great unfortunately)

Anyway I've written a lot and I'm sure searching for ways people have made similar helmets could help you out a lot more (and also people with more armor experience than me). Good luck if you decide to go through with this.
>>
No contact/lens thread up. Looking for a pair of nice sea foam green and black lenses. I have blue eyes and wondering what would be a nice match.
>>
Bumping for newfag idiots
>>
I'm thinking about cosplaying as Rose Quartz, but having some trouble because I wear mastectomy bras which don't really work strapless and I'm not sure sewing pockets into the chest area of the dress would work as they'd likely be weighed down. Any ideas or am I just going to have to wear the Mr. Universe shirt if I want to do this?
>>
File: jhartbodice.jpg (38KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
jhartbodice.jpg
38KB, 720x960px
>>8823387
There are sewing techniques that create very strong, distinctive shapes in clothing. You could try and get some ideas from J.Hart's Cinderella bodice, he posted a fair amount of progress pictures on his Facebook that give you a good idea of how he did it. I'm not sure how much your prosthesis weighs, but if you give the bodice enough structure it should be able to handle it.
>>
File: Irisviel_alchemy.jpg (80KB, 250x400px) Image search: [Google]
Irisviel_alchemy.jpg
80KB, 250x400px
This is almost certainly a stupid idea, but I want to make Iri's alchemy falcon/eagle thing. I have no experience making props, though. First thoughts were to find a statue of a falcon and use wire of some sort to sculpt around it, or possibly transparent worbla, or some kind of light up wire. However I can't find a falcon or eagle that doesn't cost a fortune, so I suppose I have to go for it freehand? Any ideas - how would you go about making it? There's a better reference about 7 minutes in here:http://www.watchcartoondaily.com/fatezero-episode-8-english-dubbed/
>>
>>8822999
Do you think you could post a pic when you're done anon? My friend is determined to the idea that latex won't look good but maybe he'll change his mind if he sees a well executed example.
>>
File: 2016-01-20 16.53.34.jpg (4MB, 3238x1913px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20 16.53.34.jpg
4MB, 3238x1913px
So I'm cosplaying as shimakaze from kancolle and I got this to make the bow/knot that goes around her sailor out fit but I have no clue to fold and tie it to look nice.
>>
>>8823558
>shimakaze from kancolle

Try this?
https://youtu.be/ahLXU82l2sA?t=4m55s
>>
File: howtotieakneckerchief[1].jpg (159KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
howtotieakneckerchief[1].jpg
159KB, 847x1200px
>>8823558
5 secs googling "how to tie a sailor tie"
>>
>>8823573
>NOTE: Iron neckerchief only when completely unfolded

This amused me a lot more than it should have
>>
File: full-render (2).jpg (69KB, 420x518px) Image search: [Google]
full-render (2).jpg
69KB, 420x518px
I'm about to lose my god damn mind with this torn sleeve. Can any of you help me figure out how to do it best? I know how to make it stand, the issue is no matter how I've cut the "tears" when I go to flare them up they don't behave like the picture.
Do I need to be making the sleeve a lot wider than the other initially to achieve that look? Right now its the same size as the other.
Any help would be great because I'm about ready to set this jacket on fire.
>>
>>8823916
what did you make it out of. did you try stiff interfacing?
>>
>>8823916
Are you talking about the parts that stick up or the parts on her arm? For the parts that stick up. You most likely will want to put something really stiff in them. Like a heavy duty interfacing. Think like building armor rather as torn fabric.

For the bits on the skin. You're most likely going to have to spirit gum them to your skin, or sew them onto a flesh toned sleeve to keep them in place. Either one looks like it's pretty thick so you may have to treat them like bits of armor rather then just torn fabric.
>>
>>8823933
Yeah, I'm using pretty thick interfacing. I just think I'm not cutting it out right or something.
>>
>>8820159
Use a wood burner or thin soldering iron to lightly create the creases maybe? Then sand off the burnt edges and put some darker paint in the crevices. Definitely test it first to see if you can get it to look subtle enough because it's difficult to fix it if you make the lines too deep.
For painting the finer texture, there's a big variety of tutorials for this kind of stuff if you just look up "how to make prop look like wood." You'll have to do some drybrushing techniques with bristly brushes.

>>8822821
I would make it myself personally, but if you do zentai I would definitely stay away from the shinier, more synthetic-looking spandexes.

Also be aware that you'll need to do something to make it so the shirt doesn't bunch up weirdly under the clingy spandex- probably either by making the shirt have some sort of leotard attachment, making it extremely fitted at the bottom, and/or having some sort of lining on the suit to make it thicker.

>>8819730
Bless you for cosplaying Lisa, anon. Buddy would definitely be both easier and more recognizable. The patterns, helmet, and body shape of Bo seem a bit too frustrating for a beginner.

>>8818961
Maybe a poly cotton matte sateen or poplin with a bit of stretch to it (like 5-10%)?
>>
>>8823970
that could be it, you want atleast some of it to be in the seam(on the inside) sorry if that doesn't make sense, i'm a bit tipsy now.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 321x155px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 321x155px
Basic question: how would one go about disguising hairy arms on cosplay with short/no sleeves, aside from shaving/waxing/generally removing?

I've made a couple attempts already, but nothing's really been successful. If anyone has experience with stage makeup or any other tricks they may have, I'd be interested.
>>
>>8824169
stop being a fucking pussy and just wax your arms lmao
>>
>>8824164
So sew the sleeve on and then make the cuts? Huh, hadn't thought of that.
>>
>>8824171
it's like I'm really on /g/
>>
File: Licenseless.jpg (100KB, 770x700px) Image search: [Google]
Licenseless.jpg
100KB, 770x700px
Hello everyone! Can someone please tell me what kind of fabric i should use for Licenseless Rider's under armor? Also, it would be really helpful if someone tells me about a good way to keep his armor in place (since the only visible straps are on his shoulders)
>>
>>8824223
looks to me like it's supposed to be leather or something similar; somewhat glossy, heavy folds.

I would just attach the armor without straps right to the rest of the costume.
>>
>>8824169
What's preventing you from waxing your hair off? Maybe we can help you with whatever's scaring you away from it. It would be a lot easier and cleaner looking than other solutions.
>>
>>8824228
Waxing itself isn't a concern. I just don't feel like dealing with a gorillion questions of "did you shave your arms?" for however long for the sake of one weekend, basically. I have coworkers that are the intensely irritating type (notice something, and then bring it up every 15 minutes), and I don't need to give them something to work with.

As an example of how long it would take to come back, I lost some hair on my arm from stray flame two months ago, and it's still visible.
>>
>>8824245
as a dude thats done this many times before, everyone will annoy you once, laugh at you behind your back and forget about it. now i make fun of my friends that used to rag on me for shaving my arms and legs cuz they dont have the balls to try it and it shuts them up everytime. i wouldnt worry about it and go the easiest route or go the cheap route get some Nair and burn the hair off
>>
So I was redirected from another thread, so I'll ask it here:

I was thinking of putting together Batman's League of Shadows costume as seen in this picture.

The only problem is, I have no idea what combination is used on the top portion of the costume. It looks like a Japanese tunic of some sort plus some undergarment, but I'm not completely sure.

Can someone help this idiot out?
>>
I've been searching for decent looking lightsaber replicas/toys that i can use, however all of them seem to cost far too much, do you guys know of any place I can get quality lightsabers (I live in New Zealand btw
>>
>>8824169
suck it up and shave. Girls have to do it all the time in even more places.
Unless you're cosplaying a recognizable hairy character like Bigby Wolf or something, you have no excuse not to shave those nasty things.
>>
File: tumblr_nyghnpzl7S1qmlmyuo3_500.jpg (77KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyghnpzl7S1qmlmyuo3_500.jpg
77KB, 500x353px
I need some help on my friends dress. We sewed it like the pattern said, but whenever she lifts her arm, the entire piece pulls up with her. I tried making the arm holes deeper but that didn't fix the raising problem.

The front of the sleeve is the same shape as the back of the sleeves where you have the armholes. I noticed most other sleeve patterns have a slight curve angle difference between the two. Is this what normally prevents the ride up? I
>>
>>8824268
S'cuse me for the shitty paint job and bad terminology but this is what I think

The blue is the japanese gi is all one pice with more visible seams. The orange can be another gi. But the red is like a zip up turtle neck plus a red scarf I think.

Hope this helps.
>>
File: 1453354266669.jpg (134KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453354266669.jpg
134KB, 600x800px
>>8824344
>>
>>8824334
It's normal for the dress to lift a little bit when she lifts her arm. If it's lifting more than like 3/4 inch, then it needs to get fixed. If you have time to remake it, try making it longer. I'm not a patternmaking expert so I'm not sure about the curve part.
>>
>>8824379
I have time, just not her body for her to try on.

Its lifting by 3 inches or so.
>>
>>8824347
>>8824344

Thanks a lot. Would you happen know what the belt is?
>>
>>8824399
a japanese obi. But you can probably bullshit that too.
>>
So my little bro wants to cosplay Weregarurumon for the local college con this year, and came to me for help with his belts. I remember seeing tutorial pictures on here in the past regarding taking craft foam and making it appear like leather, and I happen to have those pictures... on my dead laptop.

Can anyone hook a brother up and point me in the direction of those tutorials?
>>
>>8824245
In that case, I would just shave your arms instead of waxing them. It'll grow back a lot faster since the hair follicle isn't being stripped out. It should be less noticeable since all of the hairs will be the same length rather than a single patch.

Unless you're in the southern hemisphere, it's also pretty cold in most places now so you could just pass off wearing long sleeves for the duration it takes to grow back to a reasonable length.
>>
>>8824024
Garnet anon here, thanks for the input! I think Ill do it from scrath then, that way Ill have more control over the material choice.
As for the shirt I was thinking of making it really fitted and tucking it inside the shapewear bottoms I will definitely be wearing.. gotta make sure I dont look like a lumpy sausage in that bodysuit lol. Or if that doesnt work, leotard bottom.
>>
Hi Seagulls, I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction.

I've doodled up a few ideas for different Kigurumi (the big pajama type- mostly of Pokémon, Yo Kai, and/or cute animals) but I am absolutely hopeless at sewing.

Can anyone let me know if there are good people or seamstresses out there that I can contact about Commission ing them? Like, if I send all my reference pictures to them and pay they'll whip up my designs for me?

Sorry if its a dumb question, I'm pretty new to this. Thanks for your time!!
>>
File: Lux_1.jpg (189KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Lux_1.jpg
189KB, 1215x717px
Okay so I'm doing pic related and I have a few questions, and I'll be happy to get any of them answered
First, what material would look best to use for jacket+skirt? I'm using something stretchy for boot covers (and maybe the hat? idk), but I don't think it'll look good for the rest of it..
Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm awful at fabrics
Also, how do you make a hat like this? Like, how do you make it not just a big saggy lump of fabric on your head?
Lastly, how would I make the small silver details on the fabric? Like, fabric paint feels like it'll be too smushy?
Thanks in advance, and sorry again for the stupid questions haha
>>
File: tipsyGnostalgic1450599353.jpg (244KB, 1002x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tipsyGnostalgic1450599353.jpg
244KB, 1002x1280px
Does anyone have suggestions or tips/tricks for how to make an open front top/jacket?

I'm going to try to bust out pic related for Sakuracon, and while I already know it's going to need more structure and usage of something like clear bra straps and lots of fashion tape, I'm fairly busty at a 30G and am more than happy for any advice!
>>
>>8824831
honestly just go to your local fabric store and see if there's something with sheen and maybe very slight stretch (a lot of stretch is a nightmare to sew, do not try on larger scale). it kinda looks like velvet/een to me from the picture because of the sheen?
for the hat you'll prob need either interfacing or just cardboard in it, someone else will probably be able to help more than me.
on silver details - I honestly think a fabric marker with a stencil will be fine (just make sure the stencil is thick enough to avoid bleed). you better be making the shoulders as prop though.
>>
>>8824965
I think instead of relying on tape and straps, you should use a continuous underwire bra as your base layer (something like https://www.etsy.com/listing/203057540/vintage-cream-38b-underwire-bra-by, you could gut this one for its underwire and attach more structured foam cups to it). An underwire under your cleavage will show less than clear straps smooshed across your boobs, and you can cut the cups away for an open front. Then you can fashion-tape yourself into the bra to prevent nip slips, and use velcro or snaps to attach the coat to the bra so it stays wrapped around your bust.
>>
File: Namnlös.png (377KB, 608x980px) Image search: [Google]
Namnlös.png
377KB, 608x980px
>>8824989
Thanks a bunch anon! My biggest problem is that the only fabric store that I know of that's close by, only sells shitty fabrics, like curtain tier, and no selection of real clothing fabrics
I'll have to find a better store...
I'm not sure if I'll go for a shiny fabric, since I know that it can look pretty bad on camera. And I have like zero sewing experience so if its hard to sew with it's not really a good idea
I'll google around some about witch hats, hopefully I'll find something about it...
And about stenciling, I'm not sure if I'm patient enough to make that look good.. I might just be lazy and do the in-game version (pic related) without the silver details.

Lastly, yes, I'm gonna (try to) make the shoulders, bracers and scale armor on the arms out of foam. I've never actually worked with foam, but it's a pretty simple design so I hope I can do a decent job
>>
I'm doing Sniper Wolf as my first serious cosplay. Just wondering about one thing, how do I get that mega-cleavage with an open-front jacket?? I have small B-cups with literally no cleavage naturally and that would just look sad. What do? Is there a special method that might work?
>>
The character I want to cosplay 6'3" tall. I'm pretty much a manlet, height-wise. In fact, I have trouble finding any characters to cosplay that aren't Wolverine because of my height.

Would it be a good idea to cosplay a character that is much taller than me, or should I just give up my dream of being Guts?
>>
>>8825308

I'm a 5'8" girl and have the opposite problem. I'm often way too tall to be any anime or video game character, or at least any female one.

You know what I do?

COSPLAY THEM ANYWAY.

You can do whatever you want, Anon. Put effort into your costume, look your damn best, and own the fuck out of it. Rock yourself. Nobody will care how tall you are. Just have a fantastic time in-costume and a fantastic time at the Con.
>>
Need a large petticoat to smooth out my ankle length hoop skirt trying to find something cheap smoothing petticoat. Ebay looks promising but how about gathering 12 yards of netting?
>>
>>8825545
Bridal petticoat anon. I used one to go over a 5 tier hoopskirt and it worked out fine. I've lucked out and found them at goodwill.
>>
>>8825030
I never knew continuous underwires existed, and a quick google search has already netted a couple sources on just the wire, so I may give modding an bra I need to replace anyway a shot first

Thank you!
>>
This is a strange request.

I'm going to a cyber punk/goth larp in a few months, and I'm looking for a flashy, colourful and bold eye makeup tutorial for it.
My colour theme will be (hot/UV) pink, silver, black and white, so anything super showy yet elegant with pink is appreciated.

I can't really ask this in the larp thread since all they talk about is armor, so I thought this would be a better place to ask.

There's one problem though. I have small eyes and the distance from my eyes to my eyebrows is really small, so tutorials with girls with super high eyebrows probably won't translate as well on me.
>>
File: tumblr_nxhd8eQYrg1sfo1z9o1_1280.jpg (83KB, 835x753px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxhd8eQYrg1sfo1z9o1_1280.jpg
83KB, 835x753px
Starting out researching this cosplay. I haven't done anything armour-like before, nor have I used any kind of lighting.

I'm thinking of using a zentai suit as a base, and layered craft foam for the armour parts and helmet. (please tell me if this is an idiot move).

Any suggestions on how to go about the veiny stuff on top of the suit, and the small lights?

I spoke to a spiderman cosplayer once who had manually applied the web texture to his suit using something like puff paint, so could something like that be applicable here?

I'm considering something like these for the lights- http://www.fairylight.com.au/product/battery-seed-fairy-lights-warm/
>>
File: Yang_by_montyoum-d67l7j3.gif (2MB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Yang_by_montyoum-d67l7j3.gif
2MB, 600x1000px
It would be nice to know how to make the jacket but more to a male
>>
>>8826567
Yellow button-down, lengthen the sleeves to elbow-length, make sure you use shoulder pads in the jacket to give it volume at the shoulder without needing to be "puffy".
>>
File: ret.png (189KB, 391x438px) Image search: [Google]
ret.png
189KB, 391x438px
Is there a simple way to make a soft glowing effect on parts of this bass guitar? I've looked into LEDs but it seems a bit much for such a tiny detail (those bits aren't always glowing anyway, it's just small extra I'd like to add without too much faff)
>>
>>8826776
Get reflective tape it will light up in flash photos or the right lighting.
>>
>>8826302
are you familiar with Kawaii Pateen (youtube channel)? they have a lot of tutorials, including some cyber and other forms of bright makeup. the faces are usually asian though.
>>
Is there a pattern for a simple bandolier? Is it just a slightly curved belt?
>>
>>8826778
Brilliant idea, thank you!
>>
Would it be too weird to put a bulge on a crossplay that wears tight spandex? If no, what could I use that won't look ridiculous?
>>
>>8828864
Consider a sports cup. It'll give you a bit of a bulge without looking awkward.
>>
I have a question about ordering with Rakuten...

I ordered something through the dreamv rakuten store last night and im kinda confused. they never asked me to input any payment info. I know that they message you later about shipping, but I would assume you'd need to put in payment info to get your purchase paid for and then pay for shipping separately....the rakuten tutorials i've looked at seem to suggest this

They emailed me an order number and said to wait a while for shipping info, and they also gave me a thank you for purchasing coupon...

I was really tired while ordering but I don't remember putting in payment info at all, and i have never ordered from rakuten before so they can't have it stored .
>>
>>8828884
Thanks. Do cups come in different sizes? I'm going to try sports authority for them. Is there any other place to get them cheaper?
>>
>>8829103

I haven't used rakuten before, but it it's anything like mandarake, they should send you your order cost+shipping cost as one combined invoice. No reason to split up the transaction and have rakuten pay fees twice. I would expect you'll get an invoice for the full amount.
>>
>>8829112
Walmart sells them.
>>
>>8829242
I'm hoping that's the case. I checked out in Japanese because i thought it was pretty intuitive and I wanted to practice my Japanese reading but doing this in English would have been a little less troublesome...

I tried to order again In English just to see what the process was like in my native language and there was a tab for payment in the checkout process so I'm kinda confused.
>>
>>8827299
No, but thank you! I'm gonna check it out right away.
>>
File: 550122-6177-2016-01-04469535.png (447KB, 555x673px) Image search: [Google]
550122-6177-2016-01-04469535.png
447KB, 555x673px
Hey gulls. I just bought pic related and as it turns out there's a little layer of crinoline underneath the skirt. Being somewhat tall (5'7") I need to wear an underskirt with it, but when I do I get a mushroom-y effect. What can I do?
>>
>>8829811
aren't AP's built-in pettis and layery things usually removable?
maybe try layering it in a different way, like petti < dress layer < underskirt < dress skirt and see if it looks any better
>>
I know there's a material/way of making the tray but I can't for the life of me think what to use. It needs to be really light. Any other tutorials/advice on making the rest of the pieces would be much appreciated, I'm going through many decoden tutorials as we speak.
>>
File: maxfactory_kotobuki_tsumugi07.jpg (36KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
maxfactory_kotobuki_tsumugi07.jpg
36KB, 350x350px
>>8829971
Fuck, dropped pic.
>>
File: polyethylene_foam_roll.jpg (57KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
polyethylene_foam_roll.jpg
57KB, 640x479px
I'm stumped this afternoon, CGL. I need a solid piece of 3mm (1/8th") foam for a breastplate and the jumbo sized sheets of craft foam at the hobby store aren't going to make it. And all of the EVA foam mats on rolls are clocking in too thick. Can I buy the following? Is it the same sort of foam? Does anyone have another product to suggest?
Has anyone used Volara foam?
http://www.foambymail.com/VA/polyethylene-foam-roll.html
>>
>>8829971
are you wanting a full sized tray/foods set?
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 500x769px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 500x769px
Pic related, there any tutorials/guidelines to build plushie wings like that? If there's a link to purchase I don't mind having a look too as I cannot find it on Taobao. Thanks!
>>
>>8830295
Yup, I want to make all 4 of her plates/trays. I want to make them as light as possible and have the salad/meat ones strapped to my arms. I can't find a tray like that anywhere online so if I can make one and have it be really light that would be a bonus.
>>
>>8830315
I would use something simple like sintra for the tray, the shape is super easy to mold by hand. then you could probably just get plastic cups for the ice cream and tea set. As for the sweets themselves, maybe commission someone to make them? I know styrofoam is easy to use for big sweets and stuff. You'd use it as a base and cover with paper clay probably. I make sweets deco but not too familiar with large scale work.
>>
>>8830319
Sintra sounds perfect, exactly what I was looking for. I was planning on using those silicone molds for the cups and a plastic teapot, paper clay for most of the sweets and sponge for the cakes covered in various deco shit.Thank you very much. Do you have a recommended type/brand of the whipped cream?
>>
>>8830325
I never thought of silicon molds but that's a good plan! (i was more concerned over the clear ice cream container) but was thinking more along the lines of children's toys. Atleast for the big cake slice I'd recommend using styrofoam with paper clay over it to keep costs lower(it also gets heavy) as far as whipped cream, I just don't like modgepodge. You can also make it yourself by adding a bit of water and elmers glue to the paper clay until it reaches the right consistency, which again keeps costs down a bit, and since you're not selling it, you're probably fine to improvise a bit too.

I hope I could be helpful, I am terrible at explaining this kind of thing.
>>
>>8812638
buy a Mr. Limpy packer (probably the cheapest option for packers) and a harness
>>
>>8830330
I'm looking for a toy sundae glass that's going to be big enough, but I'm struggling. I'll keep looking for a plastic one. I might even try buying a glass one and making a mold of it from transparent worbla if I can't find anything. Thank you for the advice, I think I understand most of it and it's really helpful!
>>
I have a super old lollipop (received around 6-7 years ago) that I never touched and would like to use as a cosplay prop. Would it be safe to coat it in epoxy? Is there a specific process I should follow so it doesn't dissolve or break or something?
>>
File: 1453393108705.png (18KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1453393108705.png
18KB, 259x224px
so, i've been getting into cosplay, but not going to conventions, and id really like to.
my only problem is that i have to wear glasses, and contacts aren't an option due to medical problems
is it like.. a horrible thing to wear glasses with cosplay? i figured i could just take them off for pictures, but id have to wear them if i wasnt getting a picture taken.
is it forbidden or something? or would i be able to get away with it?
>>
>>8830578
I wear glasses and have even done about two or three characters with glasses. And they were all different glasses models between them.

It would've been expensive to have prescription lens with every frame so I just switched them during the con. Would put my real glasses when walking around or reading something and the costume ones for pictures. Sometimes I got lazy and didn't feel like taking the costume ones off, so I'd stack my real glasses on top of them.

Anyway, my point is: it's no big deal, just take them off for pics.
>>
File: whodresseduchild.jpg (25KB, 352x614px) Image search: [Google]
whodresseduchild.jpg
25KB, 352x614px
I'm doing Allen from dgm 219's color cover and debating what to do about his belts since they go the opposite direction of how belts normally do. It's not too hard to get it to go that way but the prong keeps wanting to stand straight up. Wondering if I should just go fuck it and use super glue to keep the thing down while in it or screw accuracy for common sense.

Also is there a good way to put fake nails on a tights armsleeve without risking it getting perma-stuck to yourself and not just the sleeve? I tried using oil/lotion and almost panicked when the thing wouldn't peel off (eventually it did).
>>
For Chat Noir's suit, he has this obvious seam around his shoulders, and what appears to be a "lifted" armor piece on his forearms as well.

What's the best way of doing this? For his shoulder seams I want to make it a bit more visible than just a seam since it appears thick and black, would anyone have any idea what I could do there? And does anyone with sewing experience know what the best way to sew that would be, since it clearly looks like one piece and there is no clear seam between the torso and arm. Should I just do an arm seam as usual and forget the idea of the panel looking like one piece?

For the one on his lower arm, would it look strange to use craft foam with the fabric stretched ontop? Or should I just follow the same method being used on his shoulders to give the effect of a separate shape on the lower arms and forget about the "raised" aspect.

I'm kinda stumped here. I've sewn three bodysuits before but these panels are confusing me quiet a bit.
>>
What would the best kind of interfacing be for various skirts and collars? The fabric is mostly made up of cotton.
>>
File: image.jpg (403KB, 1600x2071px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403KB, 1600x2071px
I am going to Kami-Con in Birmingham in March and I needed help with my cosplay. I've already got the shirt and obviously pants but I need help with the jacket and the top part of the boots since I have some black combat boots. Also I'm really bad at making stuff but if I have help I could do it so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 2016-01-25 17.33.53.jpg (1MB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-25 17.33.53.jpg
1MB, 1060x1883px
I'm at my wit's end /cgl/. I'm trying to make gloves, I've read all tutorials on it and I've bettering my pattern but it keeps looking awful.
Is there anyone here that sees what I'm doing wrong, or has some tips?
>>
>>8831472
Jesus Christ what are clipping curves and fabric choice?

What are you trying to make specifically? What style of glove?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-24-16-12-19.png (440KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-24-16-12-19.png
440KB, 1080x1920px
>>8831476
It's just a cheap fabric that I had lying around to practise on.
I'm trying to make these.
>>
>>8831496
You might want to try this tutorial (if you haven't already) if you want to get gloves like the one pictured http://eightohsixtythird.deviantart.com/art/Gloves-Tutorial-Part-I-Making-a-Pattern-325404354 the technique it looks like you're using now is better for thin, stretchy fabric
>>
File: ACS15801.jpg (74KB, 327x400px) Image search: [Google]
ACS15801.jpg
74KB, 327x400px
I'm trying to make pic related, but I'm having trouble just conceptualizing the best way to go about it. It's obviously a one-piece suit kind of like footie pajamas. Do I want to then use those to base my pattern off of? Would it be better/easier to make a separate shirt and pants, then cover their junction at the belt line to make it seem like they're one? I'm just trying to figure out where to start here.
>>
File: gloves.png (117KB, 596x362px) Image search: [Google]
gloves.png
117KB, 596x362px
>>8831496
Did you try to use a tutorial like the one on the right hand side of my picture? If so, that's the start of where you went wrong. Tuts where you trace your hand and sew two identical shapes together only works for fabrics with tons of stretch. It works because the stretch compensates for the lack of fitting. If you want to make gloves with more weight and structure, you need a real glove pattern like the image on the left.

Also, that fabric is horrible. It's fraying, you didn't stabilize it with anything, etc. I think this is above your skill level to be quite honest. Buy the gloves or have them commissioned.

You didn't clip the seam allowance on any of your curves which is why they are bunching up and looking like shit. This is a basic mistake which shows you don't know anything about sewing. If you want to learn, watch some basic sewing tutorials, get some how-to-sew books, practice, maybe take a class.
>>
>>8831517
I'd go with making the pants and shirt two separate pieces. It might end up being both easier to sew and to put on and take off that way, instead of having to strip down completely like just to use the toilet. Maybe include a fake zipper at the back to keep with accuracy. The gloves I would also make separate. I saw someone do it that way with a stiff cuff and it looked pretty awesome. Also bless you for doing samflam.
>>
>>8831532
Samurai Flamenco has been my dream for a while now, and I've been gathering materials towards making it for about a year. Would it be a better idea to make the shirt a red base layer with the other colors on top of it, or just sew all the different pieces together with none being on top of the others?
>>
File: image.jpg (595KB, 2244x2526px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
595KB, 2244x2526px
>>8831541
I'd go with the former. It'd be a lot easier to layer them. You can cut the pieces in the proper shapes, add an extra inch to the bottom layer, then sew the top pattern on top. Excuse the poor drawing it's a little hard to describe. Just fold the edges or use some trim to cover the raw fabric edge.
>>
>>8831552
Awesome, that's what I'll do then. Thanks for the help, and enjoy your JUSTICE!
>>
>>8831516
>>8831523
Thank you!! I'm an ambitious person but this may be a bit too ambitious without good tutorials. I'm definitely using both those tutorials, I think they'll really help me!
>>
>>8831449
Most basic types should be fine for stiffening a skirt waistband or a collar. It's more important to simply feel the interfacing in your hands to tell what weight you need. If you need something more flexible, get the woven kind, which is generally more expensive than basic non-woven interfacing.
>>
Like a lot of Help Thread-ers I'm doing an original game Cloud and I'm stumped on the ring-shaped piece at the back of his belt arrangement. Obviously it needs to be solid enough to support my EVA foam belts, but not uncomfortable to wear, and I also want to put neodymium magnets in it to support the sword.
>>
File: tullefire.png (1MB, 844x702px) Image search: [Google]
tullefire.png
1MB, 844x702px
I'm planning out some "flaming" limbs by attaching strips of tulle (and maybe cellophane) to a lycra suit. I was thinking to stretch the fabric into the shape of the limbs and hand sew each strip on to build up the fire. Is this the right direction or am I completely off base?
>>
What is the general opinion of Spreepicky?
>>
>>8832252
They're ripping you off. Get the same shit on taobao or AE without paying their middleman markup.
>>
>>8832256
really dumb question...what's AE?
>>
>>8832256
>>8832271
NVM just clicked
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Anybody have experience with elf ears? I'm looking at ones from aradani costumes at the moment but if anyone has any alternatives I'd appreciate it.
Pic related btw
>>
File: elf ear.jpg (33KB, 282x368px) Image search: [Google]
elf ear.jpg
33KB, 282x368px
>>8832307
A lot of those ears have really noticeable seams halfway down the shell which is why there are those stupid rings in the product photos.

I got my elf ears off Etsy from a seller called MadhouseFXstudio. Their ears go all the way down and around your lobe, so as long as you paint them correctly, they blend really well.

Sorry for crappy quality pic, but you can see there aren't seams on the outer shell of my ear here.

(I used spirit gum to attach them.)
>>
File: fuck.gif (991KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
991KB, 500x375px
Trying to do a Spike Spiegel cosplay, I'm the worst when it comes to sewing and all I need is the suit jacket, so any commission recommendations or decent quality stores?
>>
>>8832322
Oh nice. I'll check those out. I'm glad you mentioned those dumb ear cuff things. That was a big reason I was hesitant to buy from aradani. Thanks!
>>
>>8832536
Yeah. Aradani has some good painting tutorials, but I just don't like their actual ears.
>>
File: 1445974100496.jpg (524KB, 1000x674px) Image search: [Google]
1445974100496.jpg
524KB, 1000x674px
I'll be making a cosplay and I need to make a school uniform for the character (the one pictured if anyone recognizes her/cares) I've been "blessed" with a rather large bust and a small waist which makes creating garments all the more challenging.
But my question is, relating to the picture attached, would a fitted top be more flattering or would a looser top be more accurate? Which would be the better way to go?
>>
>>8806851
Posting it here now, stupidly made a new thread for this.
Possibly starting my first cosplay, my English is bad and I can't seem to find the things I need in my native language.

Does anyone know what the thing is called that is wrapped around the neck and head? The shawl type thing. Also, what fabric should I look at for that type of thing? Thanks for all advice. I have also received the advice to make it a medium heavy fabric. they also said it is a cowl! any ideas on where to get the fabric or the thing itself? I do not shy away from buying things.
>>
>>8832751
Ushio from Kancolle, right? Do you play the game, too? My advice would be to go with whichever makes you the most comfortable. From the game's CG, she looks like she's wearing a loose top, so what I would do would be create one of those but make it long enough to tuck into your skirt if need be without having to worry about it pulling out while walking. You can take this with a grain of salt, though, since I'm not an "experienced" cosplayer by any means.
>>
File: lady hunk.png (907KB, 1000x1350px) Image search: [Google]
lady hunk.png
907KB, 1000x1350px
Absolute beginner here. Would this be too challenging for a first time cosplay?
>>
Is there ANY good shapewear for men? Women have Spanx and shit. Must be something to hide a man's paunch.

I'm not fat. I just eat too many tacos.
>>
File: Dark Souls - Gwyndolin 1.png (553KB, 674x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls - Gwyndolin 1.png
553KB, 674x720px
How would I go about making a Gwyndolin from Dark souls mask/helmet? I'm wondering if I should get a cap and build off of it or measure my head in thick paper and start from there? I was also wondering how to do the detailing on it; would I use clay or something of the sort? Thanks for any help.
>>
>>8832930
I mean you can buy most of those items at an army store if you have one in your town or just even online. If you want to make most of it, then I would choose something simpler. Don't bite off more than you can chew dude
>>
>>8832935
Spanx do a men's range.
>>
File: DYL-DYE[0].jpg (17KB, 340x282px) Image search: [Google]
DYL-DYE[0].jpg
17KB, 340x282px
Any tips for shoe coloring?
I am looking into leather paint and this in the picture. I can't for the life of me find a color chart.
Also, I need to paint the soles. Would it be better to paint that with acrylic and a sealer since it is hard?
>>
File: Glasses-Rabbit.jpg (21KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
Glasses-Rabbit.jpg
21KB, 500x329px
Can anyone recommend a place to get good costume glasses (as in, frames with lenses that don't have any magnification/corrective properties)? To clarify- I'm looking for a pair that could conceivably be worn everyday. Not really looking for super thick frames or anything.

The only place I can think to look would be Claire's, but is there anywhere else I should check? Or for that matter, any term/name I should search under? "Costume glasses" turns up with mostly horned glasses and nerd glasses...
>>
File: latest.jpg (903KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
903KB, 1200x1200px
So i've been working on pic related for a while, and finally happy with the size and shape of the skirt, hemmed all the layers to the right length and all was going well... until it came time to attach the red ribbon, the part i thought would be pretty straightforward.

Problem is, the flat wide ribbon and circle skirt do not want to make friends. How on earth do i attach it and have it still lay flat all the way around? Do I need to buy a stretchy ribbon, or is there a special technique? Is it even possible to do? Should I resort to faking it and painting it on? I've seen ribbon trim attached to the bottom of a circle skirt and never thought twice about it, but move it a foot up and I'm utterly perplexed.
>>
>>8833113
http://www.zennioptical.com/
https://www.eyebuydirect.com/?source=CJ
http://www.goggles4u.com/

Got you, girl.
>>
>>8833126
> Site even includes a virtual "try it on" feature
Bless you anon. Thanks a bunch!
>>
File: tumblr_nwusfpWLsC1u5numio2_1280.jpg (103KB, 960x520px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwusfpWLsC1u5numio2_1280.jpg
103KB, 960x520px
Does anybody know the name of these neckties or where to locate one for purchase online?
I see them a lot in Japanese school dramas so they're definitely a "thing".
>>
>>8833122
Use bias tape.
>>
>>8833318
i'd say that's a genius idea, but I also somehow doubt it's physically possible to find 8 yards of continuous bias tape without those obvious diagonal seams (though i'd be beyond happy if i'm wrong on that front), unfortunately, and on a skirt like mine there's no way to really make sure those spots all stay hidden either...
>>
>>8833395
I'd try either hand sewing it on (as painful an ordeal as that would be) or running it through the machine on the slowest setting if you have one. A lot of times I find its the machine's speed that fucks things up. That or yeah, try a more flexible ribbon.
>>
>>8833405
fair enough, might be worth a shot trying that, i'll test it out on a smaller scale/test fabric and see if i fuck it up too badly
Worse comes to worst i can probably try stencilling it with fabric paint/screenprinting ink, since i'll likely be doing that for the tabard designs too anyways. thanks!
>>
>>8832751
I would go with a fitted top but make it out of regular uniform/shirting material instead of a super stretchy knit to wrap around boobs on purpose. A looser top is more likely to result in a potato sack look. If you have time and/or the skills, try cutting the bodice front on the bias to allow that give you a subtle drape over the chest and see how that goes.
>>
File: a0TOnHX.png (800KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
a0TOnHX.png
800KB, 1024x766px
>>8833305
similar but not really questio - what the fuck do you call the katawa shoujo neckties? pic related
>>
>>8833434
It's just a ribbon or a bow.
>>
File: 8cd2dd70a4026a3cbf08de3e707970c9.jpg (942KB, 800x1125px) Image search: [Google]
8cd2dd70a4026a3cbf08de3e707970c9.jpg
942KB, 800x1125px
What would be the best thing to make a giant egg out of? I've been looking up giant plastic easter eggs/egg shaped containers but unless my googlefu is failing me, I can't find one in a large enough size - is there another clear material I can get or use to make it?

I was also planning on filling it with metallic crinkle (like you would for a Sailor Cosmos staff) and small LEDs but if I can't use a clear container, what would be good to give it that glowing appearance?
>>
I just realised the reason the acrylic paint I was using to paint my EVA foam belt smelled strange because it was actually oil paint. Have I fucked up completely?
>>
File: Capture.png (443KB, 618x475px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
443KB, 618x475px
>>8833499
quite possibly. i'd be surprised if it's covering/staying at all really (the material itself is literally made to be oil-resistant for use in workshops, etc). if i were you i'd probably try sanding it down a bit and repriming/painting; hopefully you haven't lost too much time with that
>>
File: clover field.png (171KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
clover field.png
171KB, 400x600px
Can anyone help me find a wig that would be suitable for Clover from 999? I've looked around myself but had little luck, other than Arda which I would rather avoid if possible because shipping is pretty expensive.
>>
>>8832929
Base Ushio has a long loose top. Kai 2 Ushio has a short loose top. It's easy to tell which Ushio is which based on the gun.

Personally I think >>8832751 should either go for a short loose top (if Kai 2), long loose top (if not) or whichever is more comfortable.
>Kancolle
>small c
>>
>>8833422
update: needs another all-over ironing and my feet are utterly cramped up from inching my machine along with the foot pedal, but it worked! First attempt on scraps turned out all wrinkly, but somehow putting it on upside down , flipping/ironing it down the right way and then topstitching makes it look really nice
thanks for the help!
>>
File: Admiral Piett.jpg (21KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Admiral Piett.jpg
21KB, 400x500px
Hi /cgl/, a friend and I are going to be checking out Toronto Comic Con in March, we wanted to go as Imperial Officers. Neither one of us has ever done any legitimate cosplay, just some half assed Halloween gigs, so I figure our best bet is just to buy a pair of costumes.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Ximperial+officer+uniform.TRS0&_nkw=imperial+officer+uniform&_sacat=0

What do you guys think of these ones? The prices seem to range from 120-200, which we don't think is too bad, but what do you guys think? Any tips? Experience buying cosplay from ebay? etc. For example can we do of the accessories ourselves? Like the rank insignia squares, belts, could two possibly retarded alcoholic slavs figure that stuff out?
>>
>>8833736
Dear god, has that meme spread out of /jp/ now?
>>
File: 41r8iQ2.jpg (39KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
41r8iQ2.jpg
39KB, 378x378px
Im shit at slicing at 45° on eva foam, i am too much of a poorfag to buy one of the beveling edge slicers. Is there another way? Like taping an exacto to a protractor or something.
>>
>>8833490
I don't have an answer, but God speed. Best cat is best PAD girl.
>>
>>8833947
Thank you, anon - I'm glad someone knows her. Still holding out for best cat.
>>
>>8833490
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231773206932?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
There's handles that can be taken off and the seam is unsightly but you can position your arm in front of it for pictures
>>
>>8834062
I don't know how I didn't see this. It looks like it'll be great, thank you!
>>
File: tomoko2.jpg (24KB, 480x373px) Image search: [Google]
tomoko2.jpg
24KB, 480x373px
I need a suggestion for a Tomoko Kuroki wig. I saw a few things on Arda Wigs but I can't settle for a particular one.

It's difficult getting a wig at the right length for this.
>>
>>8833567
What's your image from?
>>
>>8834636
I bought this one on Ali and it's perfect, anon! Needs a bit of styling but it's pretty good, right length, etc.

http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/wholesale-jewelry-wig-Watamote-Kuroki-Tomoko-Black-Short-Straight-Anime-Cosplay-Wig-hairnet/32253652210.html

I think it's the same one every seller have on Ali.
>>
>>8834714
Thanks. I'm always really wary on finding wigs. I'm afraid buying fairly cheap ones on ebay and stuff will leave me with something party city-tier.
>>
What is this dial under my machine's faceplate? I messed with it while I was trying to fix a needle alignment problem, and now I'm wondering if I broke it even more by doing that.
>>
>>8834809
for reference where it is located on my machine
>>
File: dreamvsizechart.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
dreamvsizechart.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
>>8806851
I'm going to be ordering a pair of heels for the first time from DreamV. I wear a size US 7 or Chinese 38. My feet measure 24.0cm. I usually order a size up with any shoes (US 7.5 or Chinese 39 with taobao) to make sure my feet won't be rubbing up the very top and giving me blisters.

Here's what I know from past shoes:

Secret Shop M (23.5cm) is way too small.

Bodyline 240 is way too big.

Angelic Pretty L feels like a size 7.5-8

Pic attached I'm not sure what it says about sizing. Should I order 24.0 or 24.5? Please help. I'm about to drop $60 on these and probably won't be able to get anywhere close to that if they don't fit and I resell.
>>
>>8834914
DreamV sizing always varies depending on the specific shoe. I'm usually a S with their shoes, sometimes an M, and once I bought 23.5 and they were too small.
The sizing chart listed on each product is usually pretty accurate. If the pic you posted is from the pair you want, I would say order the 24.0 because it says that measures 24.5 inside. They might be a touch too big, but insoles would solve that if necessary.
>>
>>8834921
Are you sure the sizing chart says it measures 0.5cm bigger inside? Thank you so much.
>>
>>8834946
Yes, the fourth row down says what the inside length is for each size.
>>
>>8832909
bump this
>>
okay so, i'm looking for some boots that'd be suitable for an AoT cosplay, mikasa in particular. the only problem is that i've got thick calves/ankles and been striking out everywhere because of them. i've been trying to find some with with a subtle elastic back to them, but no such luck.

any advice? guidance?
>>
>>8834811
Coming from a complete guess it might be the tension? I'd suggest just googling your machine model and see if any guides or schematics come up
>>
>>8835055
it's definitely not the top or bottom bobbin tension, the top bobbin tension is a knob on the outside of the machine, and the bottom bobbin tension is controlled in the bobbin holder itself.

All of the manuals and schematics that I can find for my machine you have to pay to view, it's a Necchi 4595. When I look up things like "dial inside sewing machine faceplate" nothing comes up, and in other machines I can't even find anything like it. I'm obviously googling the wrong thing.
>>
>>8833013
$70 for a tank top... Are they amazing, at least? I only know about Spanx because of Liz Lemon.
>>
File: CZx495aWQAQ2eyl.jpg (81KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CZx495aWQAQ2eyl.jpg
81KB, 600x800px
hey gulls! So I'm making the roses for my gf and I's Ib and Garry cosplays and I wanted to play off of the description of the roses looking "too beautiful to be real." I interpreted that as the roses look painted some roses to look like they came from a "painting world" but I'm not sure if people will find the look intentional. Do y'all think this rose looks like it came out of a painting, or like it came out of a night of bad painting decisions?
>>
>>8835665
wow, please excuse my piss poor writing; it's kinda late here. I meant to write "I interpreted that as the roses being unrealistic-looking, so I painted some roses to look like they came from a "painting world" but I'm not sure if people will find the look intentional."
>>
>>8835671
I think that rose looks beautiful and it does look like it came out of a painting. I love Ib.
>>
>>8835053
What's AoT?
>>
>>8835893
>What's AoT?

Attack on Titan

>>8835053
You could hunker down and do book covers.

http://valdrein.deviantart.com/art/Attack-on-Titan-Boot-Cover-Tutorial-405463439
>>
New thread >>8836148
>>
File: japanese thin bow tie.jpg (371KB, 1640x892px) Image search: [Google]
japanese thin bow tie.jpg
371KB, 1640x892px
>>8833305
I Googled "Japanese thin bow tie" and they're everywhere.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 110

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.