[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAX SOUTH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: pax-south-banner.png (340KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
pax-south-banner.png
340KB, 620x300px
What? No PAX thread?

Badges just got mailed out! Whos hype? Who's cosplaying what!
>>
Got my badge yesterday, ive got a week of classes then ill be up there as Shay Cormac from AC: Rogue. Shits gonna be fun.
>>
>>8807218
Finally have full weekend tickets this year, get hype.
>>
>>8806046
I wish they'd release the Exhibitor list. I have a hard time getting hyped when I have no idea what is going to be there.

The panel list is lackluster.
>>
>>8807796
I was hoping for that too. I wanted to see the XCOM panel, but $35 for one panel and a "meh" exhibition like they had last year is too much for me to come in from out of town.
>>
https://guidebook.com/guide/54720/map/59705/
they have the exhibitor list up.
>>
>>8807828
oh wow, this is even worse than I expected.
>>
>>8808272
>complaining about the first adult tier party con in San Antonio in years
>2016

Shiggy Diggy
>>
Really wanted to go this year but didn't see many interesting things scheduled.
>>
>>8809194
>Having to depend on shit yo come to shitty San Antonio to have a good time.

I'm so sorry, anon.
>>
>>8810252
*shit to come
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
Super hype about it. First time going and I'm planning on cosplaying Red Ridding Annie from LoL. Got a lot of work to do but super excite
>>
>>8810282
PAX really isn't like your typical anime/comic convention so don't expect to see a lot of cosplay.
It is more an Expo for developers to show if their new games than a standard con.
>>
>>8810839
Prime has a shit ton of cosplay, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>8810839
I went as biker and ran into 3 other bikers.

We all got free shit from the devs. It was based.
>>
>>8810841
Not saying that their won't be cosplay at all, just that it isn't nearly as common as at other types of conventions, in my experience.
>>
>>8810841
>>8810839
What kind of tier is their cosplays?
>>
>>8811973
More often than not? Closet.

What little "detailed" stuff there is is usually pretty good, but PAX events are usually packed shoulder-to-shoulder, so you typically won't find them on the show floor, and usually they don't go too complex when you do find them there out of breakage concerns.
>>
>>8811973
Usually low/closet tier.
People need to be able to play the demo games and check out the Expo so anything large/impressive isn't really functional.

Most people attending aren't really heavy cosplayers anyway so the serious cosplayers don't really have a reason to go all out when their are just semi-normies to impress.
>>
I'm going but no cosplay this year for me. Gonna be really low key mini vacation.
>>
>>8812451
>>8812491
Ok thanks guys helps out a bunch
>>
What seems interesting to go to this year?
>>
>>8809194
But Pax South was around last year anon. The parties were mildly fun but all of the bigger gaming companies backed out because it was so shit.
Even though its newer it doesn't have the traction other Pax cons have which is why companies bailed.
>>
>>8816001
>bigger gaming companies backed out

I was wondering why the Exhibitor list is so garbage so that would explain it.

>>8814713
I didn't see anything that was absolutely essential for me to attend. I wish i could sell my passes but my SO wants to go.
>>
Is wearing Lolita a thing at PAX? Curious if I should bring a dress with me
>>
>>8820318
Would not recommend.
>>
>>8819013
I would say that you'd get good free shit but that was because bigger gaming companies were there. Expect some booths with freebies and the rest of the exhibitors longingly staring at you and begging you to play their shit indie game.
>>
>>8820318
It's not a big thing at all but pax south is like the strange child of the pax family and had a good amount of Lolita's last year. You'll be more comfortable in norm clothes though
>>
>>8807828
Can anyone else see this link to the exhibitor's anymore?
I read it when it was posted but I can't pull it up now to show a friend.
>>
Anyone know any youtubers attending?
>>
>>8824235
I had the same question, though I'd rather know which twitch streamers are going.
>>
>>8824235
AngryJoe, PrestonPlayz, Direwolf20, StacyPlays, LDShadowlady,Aureylian, YammyXOX, Dodger, Octopimp, ProJared
There might be others but that's what's on the guide. Don't really know them desu
>>
>>8824836
I know Octopimp made the Free abridged series 50% Off. Might be interested in meeting him
>>
>>8824235
>>8824836
Pretty sure LordMinion777 is going to be there too.
>>
>>8824836
>>8824860
Are these youtubers really that well known?
Most these seem like "literally who"s.
>>
>>8824961
Pretty sure Octopimp is the most well known out of them for making 50% Off. I would be suprised if all of them just contacted PAX saying to add their name for publicity.
>>
>>8825143
Ah, okay, that makes more sense.

Octopimp was the only one I sort of recognized and that's only due to homestuck bullshit from 2012.
>>
>>8820318
Did it last year, saw misslilith, made a friend with another lolita. You will be more comfortable in normal clothes and walking shoes, half my friends in cosplay switched to jeans halfway through the day.
>>
One week left!

How are there already A-kon threads and this one is about to die?
>>
>>8829359
Maybe most gulls learned their lesson last year and realized there where better cons, more cosplay suited, to focus on instead of bothering with PAX?

Honestly no idea but, yeah, this thread is dead.
>>
So CLOSE!

Anyone working on an last minute costumes?
>>
What's the best parking in the area?
>>
>>8833529
Still working on the Annie, feeling good tho man
>>
>>8834961
I work at the mall right across and all parking sucks. There is a spot by an art supplies store called Herwecks that's $5 for all day parking, but it's a 15 min walk to the convention center. There is also a spot under the i-37 bridge and it's $3. Again it's a bit of a walk.
>>
only able to attend sunday, first pax as well, hope its worth the $35
>>
Please be on the lookout for a Lucina cosplayer. She has been known to ask for money/food without paying back and will stalk photographers and cosplayers until you follow her on whatever social media she has (aka efame hungry). She is known to get very violent as well and is here today alongside a male carrying a tan backpack. Please be careful and report any suspicious behavor
>>
File: 2016-01-31_14.39.05.jpg (358KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-31_14.39.05.jpg
358KB, 690x690px
>>8835497
3 days of work and little sleep is how this happened.
Whatcha thing gulls?
Also so many cute annies swarming the area
>>
>>8841095
There really was a lot. I went as Youmu from 2hu and I kinda want to do a League character now seeing as how popular it seemed at the cons
>>
>>8841844
Nice! and yeah jump on in man it'll be great
>>
>>8841922
idk who to do tho. I want to do a female champ but they all have Size D titties, and I'm but a small fuckboy.
>>
>>8842129
Yeah I know that feel. Maybe try making those fake boobs or try doing a skin with closed chest?
>>
>>8841095
Your costumed turned out very cute!
>>
>>8839226
Is this Aria?
>>
>>8842925
Thank you so much! I really wish I could have done better but for a 3-dayer it turned out pretty cool
>>
Did anyone see any cool cosplay?
>>
>>8841844
There was a girl who cosplayed Marisa on Friday and Reimu on Sunday. I even saw a TouhouVania Reimu on saturday. I'm glad the 2hu fandom somewhat exist down here. I wish I could have gotten your picture..
>>
>>8841095
Oh hey I saw you walking around with 3 guys on Saturday. Some Bara dude, a twink, and a crossdresser.

All 3 were hot af. You lucky girl.
>>
>>8841095
The Annie cosplayer with the fake squeaky voice and acne all over kept following me and my boyfriend. Annie cosplayers are no longer cute after that experience.
>>
>>8841095
Well fuck. Now I actually know someone else who posts here. Guess I have to tone my shitposting down or risk being caught.

It was cool meeting you though
>>
Is this better or worse than PAX east?
>>
>>8848830
PAX East is the bigger better version of this.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.