[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling yourself a profeserssial at cosplaying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Some people don't give enough credit to the people who actually put alot of effort into making there own cosplay, and seeing disappointment like this on my wall, sicks me... this girl just buys her shit online, and ask for sponsor ship.... while some off us works our ass of to make a damn dollar just to make amazing cosplay for this scum like this to say shit about our cosplays
>>
>>8802334
>can't even spell professional correctly
I didn't even read what you wrote but I already don't take you seriously at all.
>>
File: 1445490232531.jpg (134KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445490232531.jpg
134KB, 433x480px
>Calling yourself a professional
>At cosplaying
>>
There actually seems to be a lot more of this going around than people think. In my community there is one girl who is literally trying to make a living by being a guest at local conventions.

She got super pissed when some con apparently decided they weren't going to pay their Cosplay guests and went on a rant about it. Now she's making a big fuss about how cosplayers should stick up for themselves and get proper respect.
>>
well sorry!!! my computer didn't auto correct. but anyways!!!! this girl trying to get paid for cosplaying, or other words get free money to more cosplay so she can say she made them, which clearly she hasnt
>>
>>8802334
>"sicks me"
>can't even grammar
>>
>>8802444
>relying on auto correct
>vendetta-chan
>obvious newfag
>>
>>8802430
Where are you? I book cosplay guests for cons in the US and it is an extreme rarity to pay them an appearance fee. Usually we cover travel, room and some food.
>>
>>8802588
I wonder why you guys would do that at all.
>>
>>8802797
What? Give them rooms and travel? Because they provide between 10-15 hours of programing for the event. Between panels, pre-judging and the cosplay show they are non stop working all weekend. If you ask someone for that much free labor the least you can do if give them a place to sleep and feed them.
>>
>>8802797
"Hi! We want you to come to this con in another country because loads of people have asked for you. We'd like you to do a panel each day, pre-judge, host and judge the cosplay show. But you have to pay for your plain tickets, hotel room and everything else!"

Lol. Okay.
>>
>>8802334
To be honest, if you can't become more popular than a girl who puts out this kind ofterrible work, you don't deserve to be popular in cosplay.
>>
>>8802588
That's why cosplay guest are a think. They are filler guests. The cost next to nothing and you get to work them death.
>>
File: CYMERA_20160109_100842.jpg (530KB, 2048x2728px) Image search: [Google]
CYMERA_20160109_100842.jpg
530KB, 2048x2728px
>>8802334
As poor as this post is, I can understand the feelings behind it.

I shit you not, this girl was at one of the conventions I attended last year.. dropping off her "professional cosplayer" business cards at all the cosplay guest and voice actor guest tables.

She came to my artist alley booth as well, and then proceeded to explain how she didn't even know anything about Power Girl and just cosplayed her because she has big tits, and that her mom made the costume.

Bonus points, the "voice actor" portion, is because she makes shit tier fandubs on her YouTube channel.

>made business cards
>comic sans on business cards
>didn't make own costume or know character she's cosplaying
>promoting herself as a professional VA and cosplayer to actual VA and cosplay guests

I've seen shit like this before from other cosplayers, but this was the worst. I don't know where this "I wear a costume therefore I am a professional cosplayer" mindset comes from.
>>
>>8804723
>I don't know where this I wear a costume therefore I'm a professional cosplayer mindset comes from

JNig
>>
File: 1437863473755.jpg (406KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437863473755.jpg
406KB, 664x1000px
>>8804723
>business cards
>creepyrainbowpasta

Shit, i know, the first mail has a sentimental value, but if you want to pretend you're a professional at least try to make it realistic.
>>
>>8804748
apparently that's her YouTube channel name
>>
>>8804723

I'm confused as to if you don't know anythinf about the character why don't you do your reseach so you can at least pretend.

You know there's a problem when she didn't even want to take that step
>>
>>8804804
i LOATHE the "I have big titties so I can get away with cosplaying any big titty character even if i don't know who it is" thing

i knew a girl like this a few years ago

fucking landwhales think they should cosplay characters that have big boobs, but what they don't consider is that the characters aren't fucking fat.
>>
>>8802334
>profeserssial
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.