[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 22

Old thread is falling fast

Upcoming cons for 2016:

G-Anime Winter - Jan 22-24 (Gatineau)
Anime Shogatsu - Jan 30 (Toronto)
AniRevo: Winter - Feb 7-8 (Vancouver)
Tsukino-con - Feb 12-14 (Victoria)
FanExpo Regina - April 23-24 (Regina)
Anime North - May 27-29 (Toronto)
YetiCon - June 10-12 (Blue Mountain)
Atomic Lollipop - TBA (Toronto)
Otafest - Jul 1-3 (Calgary)
Otaku Palooza - Jul 2-3 (Regina)
G-Anime Summer - Jul 15-16 (Gatineau)
ConBravo! - Jul 29-31 (Hamilton)
Otakuthon - Aug 7-8 (Montreal)
FanExpo Toronto - Sep 1-4 (Toronto)
Animara Con - Sep 17-18 (Sherbrooke)
FanExpo Vancouver - Nov 11-13 (Vancouver)

Who's going to what? Cosplays? Who sucked which dick and is gonna be a lil bitch about it at what gathering?

How fucking bad is AniRevo gonna be this year?

Add picnics, skates, etc if you like.
>>
>>8799756
>what is the catalog
>>
>>8801156
>old thread is falling fast.
Can you read?
>>
>>8801156
>>8801348
OP here
I didn't see the other thread, mostly because if you ctrl+f "Canada" it doesn't come up and I'm not wading through a mess of thumbnails.

Funny that we used the same image though.
>>
>>8801348
OP is referring to >>8762576, not >>8799756. Can you?
>>
File: Edmonton-Expo-2-1024x681.jpg (285KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Edmonton-Expo-2-1024x681.jpg
285KB, 1024x681px
How are the various Alberta cons?

I've only been to Animethon and Calgary Expo. I'm sick of the casual hang out feel of Animethon with nothing to do and Calgary Expo is just too crazy now.
>>
Continuing discussion of potential train wreck of "lolita-themed" tea party at Animethon.

Comm has rumoured they want to boycott the event.

Con staff hasn't appeared to do anything despite backlash. Also spelt Misako's name wrong in event description. Tsk.
>>
Are any gulls confirmed going to Shogatsu?
>>
>>8800706
No mention of CCEE?
>>
>>8801758
Comm hasn't said shit about boycotting the event. Maybe a few people whispering around outside of the comm, but I know a lot of girls are excited for it. It's definitely a selective opinion of some, not the group as a whole.

It will definitely be a trainwreck though. There is no way it can't be with lolita fashion not being mandatory for the tea party.
>>
>>8801787
>Daaaamn I've been looking for some Suntory in Canada but it's no where to be found.

IIRC I've seen the unaged Suntory Hibiki in the larger LCBOs for about $100+tax a bottle.

Currently there's a frenzy over Crown Royal Northern Harvest being named the best Whiskey in the world. I've tried it and didn't think it was that particularly good, even compared with the low end Japanese whiskey I've sampled while on vacation.
http://lcboexplore.com/lcbo/product/crown-royal-northern-harvest-rye/434092.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/crown-royal-world-whisky-of-the-year-1.3328260
>>
>>8801939
J is definitely mad, she's posted the most about it as far as I've seen. That may seem like a major boycott if you've been seeing all of her posts.
The active and older members are staying quiet about it, and some of them are looking to get tickets if possible. A lot of the bad feelings are from the con staff not including the comm in something that would have brought the comm a lot closer to the con for the future. I know K had an apology for not being able to persuade staff to include the comm, so there was an attempt as far as I understand.
I don't think I'll be able to make the tea party, even though I would have liked to.
>>
>>8801772
I am, just got my confirmation into the Artist Alley tonight.

Are there any gulls that don't have a Toronto Seagulls pin? I don't want to make more than I need to this time around. I'm running low on button parts again.
>>
I'm an American visiting Anime North for the first time. What should I expect?
>>
>>8802442
A lot of shitty staffers (the Doll North and Doubletree Panels people are literally the only good ones around), a bunch of whiny manchildren complaining about nothing to do (and too many SJW panels), a whole fuckton of programming no one cares about, and some room parties that may or may not include Hestia-kun showing his fanny.
>>
>>8802442
>dont expect to see toronto
unless you're willing to take an hour and a half ttc commute to anything worthwhile/touristy in the city. anime north and the congress centre are barely in the city desu
>the outside areas are the best places for cosplay spotting/pics/showing off
but resign yourself to the fact that there will probably be planes in the background of a third of your photos
>dont freak out about prices
remember that our dollar is shit and it's probably much less than you think
>feel free to freak out about our money
i swear every con you can spot the americans by how excited they get about how colourful our bills are and instagramming their wallets; it's pretty hilarious
>under no circumstances eat at the harveys
they give everyone food poisoning every year without fail
>dont buy things theyll give you shit about at the border
>dont block traffic in the entryway of the Int Plaza, it's badly designed enough as is

and finally
>sorry in advance about the goddamn wrestlers
>>
>>8802442
also fyi the Doubletree=the International Plaza hotel, it changed names a year or so ago and a lot if us still instinctively call it the doubletree
>>
>>8802348
I'd like one please! Do you know where your table will be yet?
>>
>>8802487
>i swear every con you can spot the americans by how excited they get about how colourful our bills are

I once traded somebody 5 CAD for 5 USD while at AX, best trade ever
>>
>i swear every con you can spot the americans by how excited they get about how colourful our bills are

Wwhhaattt?? No. It's not like one of the ways i hyped my friends up to go to Canada con what your colorful maple syrup scented money. Haha

Maybe a dumb question. Room stuffing is a thing at AN right? AN is the only con i know that has a clause in their program about room stuffing.
>>
>>8802263
That makes a lot more sense now. If I didn't know any better, J probably posted >>8801758. She seems to think her opinion reflects the entire comm most of the time.

I think it's understandable people are upset, but this comm usually can't organize shit. Its good that K realized the error. Hopefully the organizers will learn from this experience and maybe even just communicate with the comm next time.
>>
>>8802905
yeah it still happens, as much as the con tries to stop it/warn people. diff hotels are more strict than others about it tho from what i hear
>>
>>8802348
I still need one please!
>>
>>8802487
>and finally
>sorry in advance about the goddamn wrestlers

THIS. The worst part of AN is selling in the AA and dealing with this all weekend.

>>8802581
>>8802958
Cool, I'll make up some more then. Not sure about my table yet, just paid for it this morning though, so I *hope* AnimeSho lets me know before I get to the con.
>>
>>8802954
Ok. I only have 2 additional so it'a not like im trying to get a clown car full of people in. I'll just make sure not everyone shows up at the same time.

Is there any kind of night life or is it one of those cons where you just kind of reitre for the evening?
>>
>>8803134
Pretty sure AN has good quantity of room parties... not that I've ever been to any them. ;_;
>>
>>8800706
thank you for not mentioning Tricon. The people who run it are retards from what i hear
>>
>>8803209
the con chair the first year was good, but she got replaced and the next year the new staff ran the con into the ground, its sad too because it was a promising convention that was outside the GTA
>>
>>8802348
I don't have one!

Hey Corky, were you approved for a table off the bat or were you wait-listed?

>>8801772
I applied for a table and was waitlisted.
Shogatsu staff told me that they aren't sure how much space they can have for artists and need to double check tonight so I'm really nervous. I hope I can get in.

I sent in my application like when they opened AA applications so I'm nervous that it's my art skills not being good enough.
>>
>>8803257
As far as I'm aware I was approved off the bat, there was no mention of wait-listing in the e-mail. I hope you get in though!

>>8803257
>Shogatsu staff told me that they aren't sure how much space they can have for artists and need to double check tonight

this makes me so nervous about selling. I'm not making any new merch (I still have a bit left over from Otakuthon that I think will suffice for a small 1 day con) so I only need to make the $50 table cost to break even.

...Please come visit me to comfort me that I'm not wasting my time...
>>
>>8803278
Sure! Of course I will!

And I mean I think they're going to check to see if they can add more tables to the area to have more artists. It's possible they got more artist applications than they expected.
>>
>>8803314
that makes sense. I'm glad a lot of artists were interested if that's the case. I hope attendees will be just as interested.

Also, got a payment received response from AnimeSho and they said "We will be mailing out a floor plan two weeks prior to the event so you know where you are seated." so we'll know by the 16th what the final count/table locations will be.
>>
>>8801455
You're better off saving your money and going to a different Province's cons.

The AB scene is getting worse every year with both general drama and the kind of people that infest it.
>>
>>8802953
I don't think J has been posting here. The post you linked is too proficient in English for it to be her, kek.
I also know that Mel has been very close to the con as a panelist/programmer with the fashion show, but she didn't have a lot to do with this con since there won't be a fashion show at it. Now that we have Misako, I'm a bit disappointed that we don't have more lolita-centric programming for it.
We really couldn't have known that lolita would be a focus for the con this year, and that's something I'm holding against the con staff.
>>
>>8803610
Who knows if the con is trying to be Lolita centric or just doing it because other cons are too. Animethon knows they can't compete with other cons so they might just be trying to at par at least.
>>
Talked recently to an AnimeSho staffer. It's pretty much just the Unplugged people trying to run undercover because they're afraid their name will taint an event. That's super weird.
>>
>>8803462
General drama? Honestly I don't see that much drama around AB cons?
>>
>>8801758

Just FYI, as far as I know most active people in the comm are attending. I haven't heard anything about boycotting.
>>
Anyone going to Calgary Expo this year? I'm really excited for it.

>>8801455
>calgary expo is just too crazy now

how?
>>
>>8809561
Oh gosh I am! I'm so excited! I went for the first time in like 6 years last year and I had a blast!

I had stuck with otafest for so long I didn't realise a con could actually be... fun haha

Looking forward to seeing who the guests are this year!
>>
>>8807875
Yeah I haven't heard anything either. They even made a scrapbook to give Misako
>>
>>8809564
I hope they start announcing better guests soon, the lineup so far is extremely lacklustre and a big let down.
>>
>>8809568
They didn't anounce my golden ticket actor until the week before hand haha so I'm not worried! There will be a ton of actors and artists - plus the staff were just on holidays. I think announcements start up again tomorrow?
>>
Anyone going to A Taste of Animethon in Edmonton?

I'm looking for someone to go with me during the loli panel.
>>
Tri-con is also this weekend. I plan on going, it's always pretty small though.
>>
>>8803134
>>8803138
The problem with room parties at AN is the neighbors. There's a lot of normal people just spending a night between flights from the airport and don't know what they're getting into.

That said, if you make enough friends you'll be able to find something to do, even if is just finding a field or something to chill hang out. The dances are fun when you're drunk enough.
>>
>>8809974
all you need to do is hang with the cgl crew when the meet ups happen and a party happens right after
>>
Bought my AN ticket and thinking of going to shogatsu.

What is everyone planning so far?

For AN I'm deciding which 3 to do:
Laevateinn (pic related)
Kamui from feif
Aqua from feif
Yang xiao long (hunter uniform)
Florina from fe7
Haseo from .hackgu

I have to have at least one fire emblem one and I want to try out a competition, perhaps.
>>
>>8809995
I regret not doing this last year. Ended up having to babysit an asshole friend for the most of the weekend.
>>
>>8809561
Yup I'll be going but probably only one day sadly. I think it's a p good con overall and they get decent guests usually.
>>
> this CAD-USD currency exchange
Someone kill me now.
>>
So Anime Shogatsu.

Anyone planning to go?
>>
>>8810196
I'll be there in the AA, but I'm sure everyone knows that by now.
Thinking of just wearing a kigu since it's so cold out and I'll be hauling all of my stuff to the centre.
Today's weather sucks. Took me an hour and a half to get to work today. I live 15 min away...
>>
>>8810057
make up for it this year!
>>
>>8810191
oh god same here I am not even buying things right now with our dollar the way it is.
>>
>>8809891
have fun supporting a con run by bullies
>>
>>8810196
Nope, going to the free event that same day as I'm a cheap-ass cosplayer and saving up for Katsu
>>
Is Shogatsu going to be worth it?
I can't really afford AN this year but I can swing the 10 bucks if the panels aren't going to be trash.
And definitely get a gull button
>>
>>8810256
Snow storm was pretty bad. Thank god for being a work from homer.
>>
Taste of Animethon.

Anyone going?
>>
>>8810655
I'd say to skip it and save your money for AN or March Comic Con
>>
>>8810904
Save your money? It's only 10 fucking bucks.
>>
I need to find better friends when I go to Anime shogatsu. I feel like this event will be a start.
>>
>>8810923
Is there a gull meetup planned? I'm kind of in the same situation because I've ended up befriending too many creeps and jackasses in the con world.
>>
File: Oshogatsu_16e.jpg (984KB, 900x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Oshogatsu_16e.jpg
984KB, 900x1286px
>>8810923
>>8810978
Not anime/cosplay related, but there's the Oshogatsu Kai (New Year's Festival) at the JCCC on Sunday January 24th you can check out and meet new people.
>>
>>8810978
I have no idea how many gulls are attending, but maybe we can plan a dinner afterwards at a local bar? (I'd need a gull willing to keep my AA luggage in their car or something while we're eating...)

There's lots of restaurant choices nearby, not sure what to pick in the bathurst/bloor area though. Any recommendations?
>>
>>8811113
I would be up for something like that. I missed every cgl meetup at any con I've been to, so it would be nice to finally see you guys in person.
>>
File: final.png (330KB, 815x301px) Image search: [Google]
final.png
330KB, 815x301px
anyone planning to go to this? it's on the same weekend as MTAC
>>
>>8810913
Free or staying at home beats spending anything. Also the con looks like shit
>>
>>8811075

I've never been to any events at the JCCC before, does anyone think it would be appropriate to wear kimono to the New Years festival when I'm white? I don't want them to think I'm super weird/a weeb or something. I don't think it's cultural appropriation or anything offensive, but I don't want to wear it if it's inappropriate in that situation.

For the record I've been wearing kimono for 10 months now and practicing often, so I'm not so bad at it, and my kitsuke is pretty neat.
>>
>>8811113
Thats right near warehouse.
4.95 for everything on the menu, besides alcohol.
Good food too
>>
>>8811391
fucking 10 bucks. You can't get AN quality with 10 bucks. At least it is something that may grow if we support it.
>>
>>8810923
How do you plan to get better friends?
>>
File: 1452639311145.png (117KB, 935x391px) Image search: [Google]
1452639311145.png
117KB, 935x391px
>>8811436
>For the record I've been wearing kimono for 10 months now and practicing often
>>
>>8811436
If you look good, wear it.
You are going to seem slightly out of place because the majority of people will be in civies.
But y'know, whatever. Have fun.
>>
File: 1450050909384.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450050909384.gif
3MB, 320x240px
Out of curiosity, was anyone at the Akame ga Kill panel last year at AN?
>>
File: image1 (37).jpg (752KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (37).jpg
752KB, 2048x2048px
>>8811577

I mentioned that because women's kimono takes time and practice to wear properly.

Pic related, it's me. (excuse my bad hair and no make up face) Still not exactly perfect but good enough to wear out without being an embarrassment to myself.
>>
>>8811645
I don't think you look bad at all. I say go for it! But keep in mind the weather and how much salt and snow is on the ground, otherwise you might ruin your kimono.
>>
>>8800706
I'll be at Anime Shogatsu. Probably will be cosplaying Mikaela from owari no seraph, looking forward to the meetup too

>>8802348
I'd love to get one!
>>
>>8810913
it's 15 bucks now
likely going to be 20 at the door
>>
>>8812944
It might be a shit show, since they planned it in less then 2-3 months.
>>
>>8812944
$15-$20 is not worth it for a one day first year convention. Fore sure now just going to skip it and stay home.
>>
>>8811645
Do you want to be my waifu?
>>
>>8810649
I thought that was Emiko's? What's with Tri-Con?
>>
>>8813018
Yeah. I'm inclined to agree. I've actually once attended an event at the same venue Anime Shogatsu is using. It was a shopping event called the "Bazaar of the Bizarre" and ran from something like 11 am to 8pm. It used quite a few rooms of the place, had live music, food being served, etc. The cost was FREE. So far nothing Anime Shogatsu has announced justifies paying that much for the privilege to be able to do some shopping.
>>
>>8811113
Winterlicious
>>
>>8814463
It's literally run by the same fucks as Unplugged guys. AnimeSho is just a bid to do another con and try to make back their losses on Unplugged.
>>
>>8814542
>It's literally run by the same fucks as Unplugged guys

I don't know if it really is.
Sure the main guy himself works for Unplugged, but I don't see the conchair of Unplugged involved in this and I am a staff member of Unplugged yet hadn't heard a thing until I was suddenly invited to it. Let alone considering how big Unplugged's staff pool is, if they were Unplugged, I don't think they would have trouble finding volunteers as it may appear on their page.
>>
Location change for Anime SHITatsu
>>
>>8815359
Uh, James (the head of Unplugged) is literally booking the tea party people for the event. He even tried to shop that one around and screw over the group he's working with.
>>
>>8815359
> unplugged
> big staff pool

okay.jpg
>>
>>8815480
Same anon, but I didn't know that. Maybe he is assisting them in getting started up??

>>8815483
They usually are well off on volunteers for their events.
>>
>>8815532
Maybe. I don't trust that though.

> Well off on volunteers
Their volunteers maybe, but their actual staff are awful. I've volunteered for them and did it two years in a row. Their staff always vanish on you and then James comes around to apologize, does nothing of value and leaves again.
>>
>>8815373
In case anyone was curious where AniSho was moving, its:
The Michener Institute at 222 St. Patrick’s Street.

So now that we're in this area, any new ideas on where to possibly eat for dinner if people are still interested in a seagull meetup?
>>
>>8815373
Why'd they move?
>>
>>8816943
They said it was for size reasons. I'm guessing the Bathurst place would be too small with how many tickets they've sold so far?

This place is easier for me to get to so I'm all for a location change. Plus this is where AN used to be it's first 2 years so it can't be too bad, right?
>>
idk if i wanna cosplay for shogatsu.. it's so much work dressing up and putting on makeup

my group is bringing in rhythm games from the bemani series, check it out if you like that sort of thing (no ddr for sure tho)
>>
For all the people here who keeps whining and nitpicking about how their anime convention sucks, please go fuck yourself.

You have no right to complain and trash talk about how "Convention X" is to expensive, unorganized, or even how the staff are rude. Countless of people are putting their time and effort into making the event happen and don't need your negative attitude to weigh them down. If you don't like the convention then don't go. Simple as that.
>>
File: 1421104730491.gif (452KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1421104730491.gif
452KB, 500x246px
>>8817209
>>
>>8815912
It's at my school lmao. I'm there for medtech
>>
File: logo.png (6KB, 227x128px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
6KB, 227x128px
There's 100 days exactly until Calgary expo.
I hope they start announcing better guests soon...
>>
>>8818104

I'm excited to just buy merch! Saves money from needing things signed lmao
>>
>>8817209
You have no right to a good reputation if your event is too focused on earning profit, unorganized, and ran by assholes. Simple as that.
>>
Animethon posts update on page about x many days till con, meet the guests, etc.
One comment "yay I finished my lolita coaplay can't wait!"

The ita has begun...
>>
File: 1406564326262.png (1001KB, 955x957px) Image search: [Google]
1406564326262.png
1001KB, 955x957px
>>8817209
>>
>>8801455
Fuck Animethon, seriously. Staff are all the worst assholes. CCE staff are super helpful and friendly compared to them, and the merch is way better.
>>
>>8817209
I think you're kind of overestimating how noble the intentions of a lot of con runners and staff are anon.

AN doesn't care because they know everyone will come anyways. FanExpo is more or less the same plus it being a glorified shopping. A lot of younger cons are just people bandwagoning as well. You're pretty much saying anyone with evem the slightest understanding of how business works should fuck themselves? Bruh.
>>
>>8818777
What's ita?
>>
>>8803462
What kind of people?

The furries? Bronies? Betas? Fedora wearing people? The creepy type people? The NEET? The weeaboos? The loli lovers?

What kind of people are you expecting?
>>
>>8803314
hey anon, not sure if you're still here,but looks like AniSho is doing another round of artist approvals (probably because the location is bigger now)

From their FB page: "[Artist Announcement] Attention Artists Round 2 Selection will be announced this Thursday. Please be sure to check your email to see if you have been confirmed. If you have any questions please email [email protected]"
>>
>>8817209
So just because people put effort into something that doesn't give anyone the right to criticize? what the fuck planet did you come from?
>>
>>8819118
An uneducated guess.

When an outfit/coordinate is so bad that it hurts the eyes, from the japanese word for ouch, 'itai!'
Most likely to happen when someone has no idea what lolita is/needs, tries to 'cosplay' a lolita, or decides to disregard the basics of the fashion in order to be their own special snowflake.
>>
So Taste of Animethon is coming up and I was wondering if anyone wanted to go with me. I'll pay for food and drinks!
>>
>>8817209
So, which shitty con is it that you're staff at?
>>
>>8811645
>good enough to wear out without being an embarrassment to myself
Is this bait?
In ten years you'll cringe so hard that you will implode.
>>
>>8820946
Only AN or Frostcon staff have their heads that far up their asses.
>>
>>8821177
Frostcon still exists?
>>
>>8800706
I'm boycotting anime revolution. Though it'll only be 2 people and honestly it won't make any difference.
>>
>>8821177 I think you mean AN and Emiko's Mini Con. As FrostCon does like to hear back from it's attendees and make the needed changes to what people had a problem with at the show
>>
>>8821262 Yes of course it does. If you actually talked with their core staff members you'd know that it's coming back next year. But people just wanna hate
>>
>>8821262
>>8821465

Sure is Frostcon staff in here.

Please don't come back. You guys are awful.
>>
>>8821589
I'm actually a dealer that has tabled each year at FrostCon and always look forward to it. So the only people whom seem to hate on them is you all. But I can say that there are more supporters of FrostCon than haters of FrostCon.
>>
>>8821600
> more supporters of FrostCon than haters of FrostCon.
top kek
>>
>>8821465
>>8821589
>>8821600

Anyone trying to white knight FrostCon should keep in mind it began because Antonio got kicked out of other cons and got butthurt about it. I don't buy that the events he runs are for the sake of contributing to the community, seems more like an elaborate ploy for attention.
>>
>>8824802
Not a Frostcon fan but note that Antonio made peace with that very con again.
>>
>>8824984
Seems more like the conrunners forgave him for not causing more shit. So I guess that's an improvement
>>
So uh what happened to the AN facebook group? It just suddenly...disappeared? Completely? Is it like this for everyone else too?
>>
>>8825293
Which one? I can access them just fine.
>>
>>8824802 >>8825178
I wouldn't speak about things you have no business in being involved with. That problem has been buried by both Mark and Antonio since like 2014.

But guess whatever makes Antonio look bad is best for business here
>>
>>8825293
You probably got banned like 99% of the fun people on that group. Fuck the offical AN group.
>>
>>8825178
Bigmclargehuge mistake of the con runners imo. Makes them look beta. Guy gave me the creeps.

>>8825872
Not sure losing the AN group is a big loss. Seemed like massive b8 for arguments all the time to the point of making this board seem chill by comparison.
>>
I'm just hearing about Shogatsu for the first time ever right now. Is it worth going to? I've had loads'a fun at AN, Otakuthon, and others in the past
>>
>>8825872
....but i've never posted, commented or even so much as liked a post yet, wtf
i literally just joined last week
>>
>>8826246
It's a new con that just started this yr. So no one has any previous experience with the con before. Some people are willing to bite the bullet since the entrance fee is only $10-15. Others have reservations about the con due to it being put together really last minute and are giving it a pass.
>>
>>8826246
Pretty much what >>8826393 said. Since it's a first year con don't expect AN or Otakuthon quality/numbers. Looks like there will be a decent dealers room since it was announced full. So if you need to do any weeb shopping or want a reason to hang out with friends I don't see why $10-$15 would be disappointing.
>>
>>8826246
My money is on no. Unplugged is fucking awful and it's basically being run by the same people with a new frontman.
>>
I'm so peeved with Anime shogatsu right now. I was wait listed for the AA and they kept on delaying when they'd send out emails for round 2. It's less than a week before the con and k missed my chance to order acrylic charms because I wasn't sure if I would get in or not since they left it to the week before the con
>>
>>8826548
man, good thing you're not used to US cons. I've had 2 days before the con acceptance e-mails more than once.

I feel you though, that is really shitty
>>
>>8826556
This is a normal thing? This is my first con, so should I expect this from other cons in the GTA too?
>>
>>8826693
I don't know about US cons, but the GTA ones are usually pretty good about letting you know ahead of time any sort of AA info. Unless you're on a waitlist, and then it's up in the air when/if you get into a cons AA.

Anime North and Otakuthon are excellent in giving overall information for their AA (I say overall information, I've had trouble before getting specific info from AN staff by e-mail in the past).

Atomic Lollipop as far as I've heard isn't as great for info, but I haven't sold there before so hopefully another GTA seagull can chime in on that for me.

But again, if you're on any waitlist you essentially have to have your stock ready to sell in case there's an opening. In which case that can happen weeks or even days before the con depending on when a table opens up and how far down on the list you are. I've known artists who were waitlisted for AN receive a table a couple days before the con because another artist drops out last minute and they were next on the list.

TL;DR If you're waitlisted, be prepared regardless in case you get a last minute acceptance. Bigger cons are better at managing tables/artists than smaller cons.
>>
>>8826556
>>8826693
>>8826708
> USA
> One of largest and most diverse countries in the world
> All of USA treats fandom same way

okay.jpg

But srsly, this isn't a "US Con" vs "Canadian Con" thing. That's so retarded I can't even. Individual conventions are better/worse about this shit.

For example: Apop? FUCKING AWFUL. Do not sell there. Everything is awful. The con is great, but the AA is god damned useless to artists. It's not a market con, plain and simple.

Anime North? Good, esp Crafter's Corner, but FUCK THE STAFF. Fucking awful ridiculous people in charge of the AA. I was trading art with a fellow vendor and they came over and were like "YOU CAN'T DO THAT UNTIL WE OPEN OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BOOTH"

It. was. an. art. trade. we. had. arranged. ahead. of. time.

Wasn't reducing my stock. Wasn't trading money for wares (but who tf cares if I was?). Just some bitch needed to get her rocks off telling me what to do.

Otakuthon? Great info, good staff overall, dismal layout. They need to fix that shit. It results in way poorer sales because the aisles are way too large (like ten fat people can pass between booth rows).

Frostcon? Fucking bullshit. Everyone is useless there and the staff basically disappear whenever a problem happens. They're super apologetic but never actually fix anything. I'm glad they're dead. Unplugged? EVEN WORSE. You will NEVER MAKE A SALE. It was bad in 3rd year, and even worse in 4th. Fuck that con so hard. And the con organizer is a prick to guests, dealers, etc. IDGAF if you're stressed, don't be a dickhole to the people who've paid you money.

Otakon? Great AA. Fucking outstanding communication. Layout is "interesting" but not bad. Super competitive though so be ready to bring your AAA game.

Anime Boston? Site staff is good. Email is unresponsive. If you have questions you are basically fucked. Good layout last time I went though (which was like 3 years ago).

etc etc etc

everyone is different.
>>
>>8826783
>I was trading art with a fellow vendor and they came over and were like "YOU CAN'T DO THAT UNTIL WE OPEN OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BOOTH"

Holy shit.

I've never personally had a shitty experience with staff, but I know some power trip a lot. As soon as the Comic Market/Crafters Corner is closed for the day they will walk around and SCREAM until customers leave. And don't let your friends stick around to help, (even if it's just to carry a couple things for you) they don't like that either.
>>
>>8826708
Oh it's not a matter of waiting for someone to drop out. Anime Shogatsu has been posting dates when they will announce people who get past round 2 of artist review because they got a new venue and that meant more spaces. But every time they post a date, they end up changing the date they're going to announce the round 2 people and it's really annoying because I'm anxious enough waiting for a specific date, tbut then to have to wait extra is even more anxious. I would prefer if they didn't post to notify when wait listed people will be informed instead of being put in anxiety over and over because they can't decide on a date to send out emails.
>>
>>8826797
ah, ok. I gotcha. Hopefully they'll get on that soon for you and all the other artists. Sucks you can't get the charms you mentioned though if you do get in :/
>>
>>8826783
Whats anime boston like?
i'm going for the first time this year.
>>
>>8826904
It's okay, nothing special but nothing bad. Their Masquerade is some kinda special bullshit though. It's like a Cattlecon got drafted into just one event. Get on stage, get off, and don't fucking expect anyone to be polite, nice, or helpful. Also the MC will make fun of you.
>>
I'm attending Calgary Comic Expo for the first time this year.
What Hotel do you guys recommend staying at from the list on the website?
>>
>>8826783
FrostCon isn't dead. Don't know where you people keep hearing that, but their new staff team are currently working on year 4
>>
File: collage.jpg (329KB, 1200x396px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
329KB, 1200x396px
So who's attending what this weekend?
- Toronto Tea Festival
- Winter Wonderland skate
- Anime Shogatsu(SHITgatsu)
>>
>>8833862
I'll be attending the skate, as I'm saving up to finally attend a US con and it's free
>>
>>8833862
Tea Festival and Winter Wonderland
>>
>>8826808
Corky! I mentioned in a previous thread that my friend is looking for a new LSP DS cover. She is confirmed for going to Anime Shogatsu with me, so this is a friendly reminder to have it in stock please.
>>
>>8833862
>SHITgatsu

Is it really gonna be that bad?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-27-03-58-36.png (285KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-27-03-58-36.png
285KB, 540x960px
Is it just me or does this seem kinda salty?
>>
>>8833852
I think we all just wish it was dead.

New Staff Team? Is it actual new staff, or new babysitters for Antonio? Or maybe they're looking into finding people who aren't absolute nutjobs to run the badge booth?

Better yet, how about someone new in charge of inviting 'cosplay guests', since apparently the criteria is you have to be friends with Jax, or suck Antonio's dick one time. Though, maybe no one else wants to be listed as a Frost Con guest because its fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>8834268
Sure thing! Was it a 3DS or 3DSXL case? Couldn't remember. I made an extra of each already for your friend, heh

>>8834400
we won't know until the shows over. There's always a risk of going to a first year con and being disappointed. Just make the most of it and I'm sure you'll have a great time
>>
>>8833852
> working
Tell me more lies anon

>>8833862
I'll be at Tea Festival because it's a real event managed by humans with functioning brains.
>>
>>8834400
It's being run by staff from Unplugged Expo, so that should be enough of a warning
>>
Anyone know anything about the upcoming YetiCon? It looks like a Canadian ColossalCon.
>>
>>8834792
YetiCon actually looks like it could be fun. With the CAD in the shitter, it's definitely a good alternative to Colossal, provided Blue Mountain is welcoming to cosplayers and junk. Guess we'll find out.
>>
>>8834444
If you think Jax is one of that conventions problematic staff, then your just as stupid as Antonio is. But seeing as you think all of FrostCon's guests have sucked him off you are just as stupid as he is.

Maybe try volunteering for a cons guest department and learn how things work behind the scenes before you throw things like that out there.

But as >>8833852 said, I really hope that whomever took over FrostCon is going to be changing it for the better and got rid of all the useless staffers
>>
>>8834801
Isn't it a first year con though? And first year cons are never really any good
>>
>>8834843
It looks more promising then other first year cons, and sometime the first year is the best and the rest is down hill like Tri-con
>>
>>8834810
Gab. Gab is the problematic staffer. Antonio is stupid and Jax throws some tantrums, but Gab is the one with her head up her ass and throws all the pity parties.
>>
>>8834792
I might consider it for next year. I really appreciated the bus from Yorkdale option to get there as I don't have a car.
>>
>>8834810
>>8834854

The 'sucked his dick' was in regards to Arilla. Fucking Arilla as a cosplay guest.

Nut jobs is in regards to Marcus and Axel being the ones at badge pickup. The fact that the one kid, who cosplays Axel from Kingdom Hearts, literally changed their legal name to Axel, should be enough of a hint.

Jax throws tantrums any time anyone tells her not to do something, but mostly is just spacey as hell and owes people favours. I know she owed at least on of the cosplay guests last year a good sum of money.

Gabby has the intelligence of a rock, and is the living embodiment of the Graphic Design is My Passion meme. She's fucking useless, full of herself, and constantly whines about how people don't like her cosplay. She signs herself up to run a bunch of shit, then blames it on other people when she halfasses everything.

And how did all these idiots end up working together? Every single one of them was in the Kingdom Hearts Fandom about 5 years ago. Weird, but true.

I've tabled at Frostcon twice, and both years it was a disorganized mess. Last year I was barred from AA because Jax thought no one would notice her bringing her personal issues into the mess.

I've got more details, but hey, I think I've said enough.
>>
>>8834851
First year cons are shit bc no one will give them a shot. I'll be hitting up Yeti to help boost it to good con status rather than let it sink into the toilet like most others do.
>>
why don't we just have a toronto general thread, that's all anyone ever talks about anyway. until otakuthon rolls around, i guess
>>
>>8833862
none of these frankly, all my cosplays are half finished at best rn and i've still got too many assignments/midterns to fight through between now and reading week.

Just a heads up though, Malabar's big annual sale is scheduled for the saturday after (Feb 6) if you need to stock up on costume makeup, etc!
>>
>going to anime shogatsu alone
i'm sure it will at least be worth the admission anyways. i'd like to try and meet some people but i always figured it would be awkward to try and tag along with people, i don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. i'm nervous to meet anyone from this spooky place
>>
>>8835518
Who are you going to cosplay as, anon?
>>
>>8835518
I'm going alone too. Mainly because I want a seagull pin, missed my chance at North last year
>>
>>8835201
To be fair, Arila sucks dick pretty well. She's kinda gotten chubby but still pretty nice. Dunno what she ever saw in a goon like Antonio.
>>
>>8835334
that's because the GTA is easily the best canadian area for shit like this, not really a valid complaint you got there family
>>
>>8835773
You clearly don't know her all that well. She is one of the most crazy and unstable people you could ever meet and I wouldn't even wish her upon my worst enemies.

Stay away from her as best you can and you'll be better off.
>>
>>8835773 >>8835851
I agree, she's a big mental case. Saying she doesn't popularity or attention. Yet cries when people don't notice her page or want to cosplay with her or be friends with her.

Glad I stopped following and knowing her a few years ago. Nothing but drama and an attention whore
>>
>>8835851
>>8835854
What else has she done? I've heard she's.... not well, but I don't know specifics.
>>
>>8836313
Its hard to pinpoint all her insanity, but i know she (at frostcon last year i believe) got upset and yelled in the dealer's room when she found out Doc Holocaust was in a relationship, yelling about how she slept with him and how it wasn't right/fair.
>>
>>8835854

I follow her for pure lulz.
I love watching her cycle through fandoms like nobody's business and literally asking to buy everything on the GTA BST group.
Does anybody have any juicy stories about her?
>>
>>8835842
>>8835854
Oh I don't mean she's a nice person. I mean she gave good face and is kind of attractive (physically). She's total crybaby I agree.
>>
>>8836391
Kind of attractive? Maybe before she gained all that weight, to me she looks like a sausage, her face isn't horrible though, that i can agree with
>>
>>8836339
> be late night at a con
> go around with douche friends checking for unlocked rooms
> burst in on her riding some guy's D and babbling about trying to "ahegao" or some shit
> freak them out and run
> watch her avoid us the rest of the con
>>
>>8836339
> be at one-day con in hamilton
> she decides to costume change
> strips down to her thong behind a dealer's table without covering up or ducking down
> gives everyone a show
> well-defined cameltoe
> dealer horribly embarassed
>>
>>8836397
> burst in on her riding some guy's D and babbling about trying to "ahegao" or some shit
That is generally part of having sex, not sure why she felt the need to clarify when it should have been super obvious.
>>
>>8836493
I think she was trying to be "hentai" or some shit. I don't remember her exact words but it was like "I'm gonna ahegao!" or something ridiculous
>>
>>8813241
I had the dude who ran/runs emiko/tricity on fb. Huge obese guy that looks sickly and posts creepy shif like "come with me to the theatre and ill buy you sushi" but hes like idk something is definitely off with him. He also run the AN fb page (or one with 32k likes)

Stay away from anything with rcehoppe on it(his name if i recall)

Dudes a huge wrestling fan too, take that as you will
>>
>>8836493
> Used to fuck Arila a lot
> Constantly tried to be more like that bitch from Danganronpa by flashing peace signs and sticking her tongue out
> Wasn't hot, just stupid
>>
>>8836529
Ron Hoppe. Tried to run Kitchener Comic Con and was a total dick to attendees. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>8836534
it's really fucking sad, Kitchener ComicCon was fun, but his public relations fucking ruined it! We were so fucking close
>>
>>8836548
I'm sure someone competent will start something. Better we aren't giving money to a turd.
>>
So where/when is the meetup? Shogatsu is in two days.
Its my first con so i hope you niggas can ease me into it
>>
>>8835854
Back at Bravo she "cosplayed" Ahri, and by "cosplay" I mean she wore just her bra and panties, a tail and fox ears. Whenever someone gave her any kind of wrong look, she would glare back.

Later that night she started walking around being bootyguarded by 3 guys, probably banged them for their services
>>
>>8809891 >>8810649 >>8813241 >>8836529 >>8836534 >>8836548 >>8836553
Or you know, just avoid everything Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge that is geek related. City is a literal black hole of shit
>>
>>8836598
you make this point, and it's a good one.... guess i just really want something outside the GTA...just have to stick with Bravo for that
>>
>>8836587
You could totally see her nips too. She forgot to tape the top down.
>>
>>8836610
I wish they had more anime content?? I'm going to suggest it this year at their feedback panel if I can
>>
>>8836587
Is this the one your talking about?
>>
>>8836623
yeah, they're content i think needs a little more verity that's for sure
>>
>>8836637
Yeah that one.
>>
>>8836610
Bravo is currently the only worthwhile con to attend outside of Toronto. Now that Con-G is gone.

>>8836623
Cons like hearing before, during and after what their community would like to see done during their show. So if you want something, just suggest it or volunteer to hosting stuff
>>
>>8836641
tbf it's also the only con that focuses a lot on gaming and youtube so there's that. i'm kind of sick of cons that only do anime and raving which is like 90% of them so it's nice to have that choice.
>>
>>8836665
Glad that cons like Bravo, Frost Lollipop are giving scenes different then the norm a chance. Just wish there was giving it a shot, so that we had more to choose from than 3
>>
>>8836680
I don't think you can count Frost in there. Apop is diff but like peak anirave nostalgia trip. Frostcon is just another bullshit anime con run by morons
>>
>>8836681
I do count them because they are a cosplay con. Which differs only a little from a pure anime con.

My main point is that I wish there would be more cons like Bravo, Frost and Lollipop representing the lesser con scenes
>>
>>8836681
Don't get why so many people here hate on FrostCon. I've always enjoyed myself there, but I just go to cons to be with friends and shop. Like what is the main reason for all the hate towards it?
>>
>>8836704
run by morons and run poorly
>>
>>8836335
I lold
>>
>>8836733
>>8836335
Which is funny b/c she immediately found another guy to fuck and spent the night telling everyone how much better the new guy was and "he tastes better and he went longer and he was bigger" etc etc. Vindictive and trashy!
>>
>>8836871
didn't know that, this makes the story so much better!
>>
>>8836871
Can confirm that a friend of a friend who used to fuck her found her notebook listing every guy she's fucked. Allegedly it was over 200, but that number was quoted about a year and a half ago.
>>
>>8836876
>>8836896
As someone who's nutted in her mouth pretty frequently at cons, confirmed. Last Con-G she gave a lot of head at a room party. Like five different guys including me.
>>
>>8836959
Hope you got yourself checked out
>>
damn I'm sad I missed out on Con-G now.
>>
>>8836959
>>8836984

rip Con-G
>>
>>8836960
I did and one hundo p clean. She doesn't seem to have anything and mostly just gives head but you never know

>>8836987
amen
>>
>>8835610
some sort of lolita stuff

>>8836896
jesus christ what
>>
>>8836335
Isn't the guy a p hella manwhore & shit disturber in his own rite though. I avoid since I kept hearing Tom/Everage whiteknighting out of him. I guess the influx of cosplayers means chicks who don't know better and fall for it?
>>
>>8837514
Eh, Doc's got his flaws but he's overall a good guy. I've hung out with him a bunch and he's a lot less of a prick than his character. He was unattached for a few years so IDGAF who he was banging but he seems pretty happy with his situation now.
>>
>>8836335
>>8837514
>>8837605
He's fucked everyone and their mom in the local con scene and is currently in a poly relationship with two teenaged girls. He's in his 30s. Dude's a dirtbag.
>>
lol doc holocaust is in his 30s?

wow. just wow.
>>
>>8836586
I know originally we were supposed to go to some restaurant, but then the venue changed so no idea what's happening now
>>
I'm at uvic this year, so the coming tsukinocon will be my first. how's it usually?
>>
Are we still going to do a dinner meet up and if so what is around that is good?
>>
>>8837982
>>8838205
I wanna say that he just turned 30?? And I know Trauma just turned 20, and that other girl is a bit younger. Either way, still kind of odd. I heard that it's still an open scenario too, so hopefully these girls are getting themselves regularly checked because God knows what other con-whores Doc is banging on the side. They all seem to be pretty happy with their situation, though, so I guess there's nothing /wrong/ with it. Like I said, it's just kind of strange if anything and Trauma especially can do way better in my opinion.
>>
>>8837605
>>8837982

I can't get into detail without completely awkwardly outing myself but he's nice/chill, to your face. Weird ass inferiority complex going on so girls fighting over him is practically done on purpose. More people would notice the frankly huge and delicate ego situation were it another girl cosplayer doing it imo.
>>
>>8838384
>>8838230
>>8836586
I have a non-/cgl/ friend that I haven't seen in forever who wants to hang out after the con, so unfortunately I'm out for the meetup. Sorry guys.

There are a million food places around, unlike AN so the world is your oyster!
>>
anyone going to animaritime?
>>
anyone going to animaritime in Fredricton?
>>
>>8838499
That's perfectly fine. Normies needlove too.

Have you found out where your table will be in the AA?
>>
>>8838397
AFAIK he's in a commitment with the two of them so I don't think he's sleeping with anyone else now.
>>
>>8836665
Yeah, I agree. Even though I'm not particularly a fan of gaming and twitch and stuff, it's cool to see them making an identity for their con based on that.
>>
>>8838703
table 27. Literally the back right corner when you enter the vendor/artist room ;_;

I'll be in a sloth kigu or a purple t-shirt with a golden totoro on it with my boyfriend.

Secret phrase for a Seagull pin is "The canadian dollaroo sure sucks eh?"
Even if you don't remember it just ask. It's more fun to see how many people can remember the random phrases/words
>>
File: AniSho_tableLayout.jpg (139KB, 1000x744px) Image search: [Google]
AniSho_tableLayout.jpg
139KB, 1000x744px
>>8838754
derp, here's a map of it. Entrance is on the right there.
>>
Turns out I can't make it to anime shitgatsu. Post here about how it goes family, really curious as to whether I should go next year
>>
>>8838849
i'll make sure to have hourly updates in the style of vodka-san
>>
Anyone going to anime shigatsu early or should I wait until mid after noon to go?
>>
>>8838971
I'm heading there around noon
>>
>>8838971
I'm heading around noon
>>
File: 14541776730732107776802.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14541776730732107776802.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Anyone here yet cause I'm the remilia scarlet walking around
>>
>>8839252
Never change /cgl/...
Never change.
>>
>>8839252
Hestia-chan is that you?
>>
>>8839331
Actual name is hestia-kun and yes it is.
>>
>>8839252
>>8839331
>>8839350
Is that really hestiakun? I thought he was bigger than this.
>>
this party is sick anime shogatsu is my new favourite con
>>
>>8838863
I have a style?

>>8839612
It's him, he's just lost a lot of weight.
>>
>>8839642
Dunno what con you were at. I was bored to tears.
>>
My shogatsu experience:

>hr1
Arrive late, volunteer chan by the door was helpful. Bf and I scout the convention areas

>hr2
Bf rushes to sale at a store nearby, am left alone to wander maid café. Food decent

>hr3
Go to karaeoke, have an amazing time

>hr?
Bf returns, go to masquerade and miss out on free tickets, am stopped for pics and I play my prop for entertainment

>hr??
Go to cosplay hangout panel, become part of team pantsu , we wreck the scavenger hunt

Then after a while, we migrated home. Small con is small but ton of fun, will go agaib
>>
File: IMG_20160116_171429.jpg (310KB, 1363x1455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_171429.jpg
310KB, 1363x1455px
>>8839612
>>8839674
Yeah its me,I lost a shit ton of weight and have been working out so I can cosplay as shimakaze at anime north.
>>
>>8839862
>hr3
>Go to karaeoke, have an amazing time

This. Karaoke was actually alot of fun, was not expecting it to be. Careless whisper will now be stuck in my head again
>>
>all this gossip

Girls are fucking vicious holy shit
>>
>>8840055
> girls
> implying it's not just Torontonians
>>
>>8833862
Winter Wonderland was shit
Anime Shogatsu was even SHITTIER
Loved the Toronto Tea Festival
>>
>>8838343
Small, filled with loads of really young people. The cosplay contests, fashion show, and swimsuit contests are pretty cringe. The dealer's hall is generally pretty tiny and bad. There are some decent artist's that come for artist alley though. The other content can be pretty good though. I've been to some interesting panels there, but there's also been a lot of horror show stuff put on by underage cancer. Since you're a UVic student, you get in free which is nice. If you're pretty relaxed about the bad stuff you can have an ok time.
>>
>>8840124

Different anon here, good to know the swimsuit contest is nothing special, I was entertaining the idea of participating.
>>
>>8840060
It's not just Toronto. People in Baltimore do this too. Take it from an anon who was from that comm and left because of how vicious it got. There was a plot to rape a cosplayer at one point because she was "too popular". Shit's fucked.
>>
Shogatsu experience for me

> PROS:
> volunteers actually really friendly & knew their shit
> Dealers/AA okay, saw some unique & new vendors
> People chilling, noticeable lack of dramu
> lots of good food places around
> good area for costography

CONS:
> gaming room pretty lacking
> masquerade could be better organized. MC was meh, some sort of gaming event in same place as masq greenroom???
> a lot of con funk smell in the air around venue
>>
>>8839916
Dang dude looking good.
Also not trying to kill the the thread with drama but is it true you hooked up with truffle chan at fanexpo. I see why now. Either way I'm mirin plus jelly.
>>
>>8840523
I only offered to let her stay in my room because the person I was going with bailed on me leaving me with an empty room with two beds in it. We both had busy schedules so we didn't even really interact with each other during the con so I can assure you that we didnt hook up. Where did you hear this from anyway because its not nice to spread rumors.

Also gone back to my old /a/ trip seeing as i've change my name like three times since posting on /cgl and im no longer going to cosplay as hestia.
>>
>>8840426
Anime Shogatsu for me

>PROS
>Friends attended
>Nothing else

>CONS
>Waste of money
>Shitty programming
>God awful guests
>>
Anime Shogatsu

PROS
> Giving away tickets at the masquerade was cool and unexpected
> Hung out with people in the hallways
> Got some cool things in the dealers' room
> Free lollipop, stickers and nuka cola caps
> The magician guy who was doing card tricks

CONS
> Con Funk areas
> Maid Cafe needed to up their food game
> Programming was lacking

Pretty decent for a small, one-day, anime con but the people trumped the programming.
>>
>>8840794
>magician guy

What magician guy?
>>
>>8840796
Were you at the masquerade? He was the guy that put the prince of tennis scene to buy time.

Speaking of the masquerade, am I the only one confused as hell by the winners?
The only one I agreed with was the starlord dude for best performance since he kept his cool even when his gun fell off.
>>
>>8840843
The furry dude should have gotten more than honorable mention i think.
>>
File: IMG_20160130_140903.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160130_140903.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
The con at Anime shogatsu was alright. No expectations and I'm pleased how good it was.
>>
>>8840159
Please spare yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heJa6ukC-nU
>>
>>8840796
Some guy who had a deck of cards and was doing card tricks, he was really skilled.

>>8840971
She didn't make her full costume, only parts and was honest with her entry. Her costume was definitely killer, but I can see how it only got an honorable mention over something that was entirely made by the wearer.
>>
Shogatsu experience
PROS:
> volunteers were extremely nice and helpful
> venue had a lot great food places in the area
> everyone was friendly and even met some new friends

CONS:
> maid cafe was garbage
> programming was very questionable (why was lolita 101 in the main room and other events like karaoke in the small room)

All in all it was nice to go to con while waiting for con season to start up, still unsure if it was worth the drive up there from the Falls.
>>
did anyone attend the skating event?
>>
>>8843215
Nope.
>>
>>8843215
nope. something like 20 people showed up?
antonio should've taken my advice in the last thread and moved the date.
>>
Thinking about maybe going to the comic con in march on either the friday or sat with my mum. How is it?
>>
>>8843422
Have you been to Fan Expo? It's basically a smaller scale version. Long lines, famous guests, mostly dealers room and expensive food inside the venue,
>>
>>8844200
Haven't had the chance to be at Fan Expo either. Too much horror stories warned me away from that.I'll probably skip that then. I can practically hear my mum's bitching about the lines already.
>>
>>8821407
>>8800706
> How fucking bad is AniRevo gonna be this year?

What's wrong with anirevo? I haven't been there but thinking of going.
>>
Outside of the tea party that sold out already, is there anything else worth wearing lolita to at Anime North? I just found out that I'll be in Toronto that weekend and was wondering if packing my frills would be worth it.
>>
>>8809561
I'm really hoping my friend and I can go.
Won't find out until March though.

I just love big cons and I'm really excited.
>>
>>8844596
Definitely! Depending on who the special guests end up being this year, there are usually a decent number of panels and stuff, as well as the fashion show and fashion swap, and i wouldnt be surprised if there were some sort of mini comm-meetup somewhere along the line too
>>
For all those interested in traveling to Asia (HK, Taiwan and Japan), there's a really good promotion going on:
http://yyzdeals.com/the-3-in-1-trip-to-asia-is-back-toronto-to-hong-kong-taiwan-and-japan-for-801-cad-roundtrip-including-taxes
>>
>>8845087
lets go together?
>>
>>8809693
I went last year and found the whole thing pretty lame. Not worth it unless you are super autistic or everyone from your high school is going.
>>
>>8845087
I'm planning on going in October so this is going to be useful, thanks man.
>>
>>8845147
Sorry, but I may or may not have the opportunity to grab this deal and go this yr cause of work. It is a great deal though, so don't be afraid of going solo.

>>8845755
No problem. If you have any questions about traveling to Japan, please feel free to ask. I've been twice to the country already and have visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Kobe, Hiroshima and Yokohama. Enjoy your trip!
>>
>>8838397
>>8838426
>>8838713
Pretty sure he's at least 32-33 now. His younger girlfriend of the two graduated from high school LAST YEAR, which is gross as fuck. Besides those two, I can think of at least 7 or 8 others he's slept with and they just get younger over the years. He was the "other man" with whom one girl cheated on her bf a few years back and he knew it.

The local scene is straight up revolting with how normalized it's become for older guys to be dating teenage girls. They're in completely different stages of life and abusive, shitty patterns of behaviour will be imprinted on the younger ones who have no real experience with relationships. Anyone born before 1992 has no business dating a teenager and even that's stretching it.
>>
>>8846363
>found the SJW
also he's like 30, not 33
>>
>>8846673
>like that's the major thing that makes all the difference
>>
>>8840124
UVic anon here. I've had friends tell me it's an alright con, but some of the panels this year seem pretty bad already. can't complain about free admission and Ono though.
>>8840159
wanna go watch anyway?
>>
>>8846363
If its the girl I'm thinking of I am pretty sure she kept him in the dark for a while and lied about her relationship status so I wouldn't put the blame 100% on one guy there. Regardless some of those chicks are hard to feel bad for because they can be beta, psycho or just worse in general.
>>
Does anyone know if Fabricland is going to be getting Yaya's fabric in stock or should I resign myself to ordering from Joann and dealing with shipping costs? I'm curious about the quality.
>>
Anyone going to Yeticon?
>>
>>8836339

I have deep suspicion she blows all the photographers she does private shoots with.
>>
>>8847550
I'll be going into work tomorrow so I'll check our receiving list. We've been getting a TON of brand new shit so it may be. If you check the new JoAnn's thread though theyre saying it's overpriced and not worth it.. But to each their own .
>>
>>8848275
considering it desu. It's a week after colossalcon so I may cheap out and only go for a day
>>
>>8848275
I'll be attending it with some friends
>>
>>8836339
You guys are disgusting. Saying this sort of personal stuff can make someone truly hurt. She saw all of this you asswipes.
>>
File: 1449191189011.png (211KB, 517x614px) Image search: [Google]
1449191189011.png
211KB, 517x614px
Any cons in the US/Canada near to Windsor, aside from Youmacon?
>>
>>8848312
I'm sort of in the same boat. I kinda want to go to both but I'm not made of money.

Although people probably already have made plans for ColossalCon and I have no idea who to join with so I'm most likely gonna aim for YetiCon instead.
>>
>>8848385
Shutocon is in Lansing. It's late March
>>
>>8848370
She's going to see it one way or another. Lmao, she essentially asks for gossip, from the stories told and demonstrated by her . And now shes getting people to try and white knight her, HERE of all places, while she throws a massive pity party all over facebook?
>>
>>8847501

Ehh it's on at the same time as the cringey fanfic readings. Maybe.

Also I completely forgot about the Shrekening. 10/10 best panel.
>>
>>8849074
what uh
happens at the shrekening (I mean I'm going, but)
>>
File: BurntOnions.jpg (20KB, 209x45px) Image search: [Google]
BurntOnions.jpg
20KB, 209x45px
>>8849086
You accept Shrek into your body.
>>
File: 1408161144667.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1408161144667.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>8849098
a-alright
>>
>>8849106

It's kind of a gag panel. 2 years ago Tsukino had exactly 99 panels so one of the staff members made the shrekening as the one hundredth. Dude stands on stage for an hour and gives a shrek themed sermon accompanied by a powerpoint presentation with a straight face. The panel ends with mountain dew and wafer cookie communion.

Last year they baptized one of the con guests (takahata).
>>
File: 20150807231458_aRecG.png (52KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
20150807231458_aRecG.png
52KB, 450x500px
>>8849129
that honestly sounds like an incredible experience.
I'll be Nageki on shrekday so if you wanna meet up---
>>
>>8848385
ConBravo is like 2 hrs by car so it's close-ish.
>>
>>8848298
I wonder if any of them, or anyone else, have some good photos or video of her?
>>
>>8849452
it's literally double that from Windsor
>>
>>8850915
What do you mean by good photos?
>>
>>8851115
their probably implying nude or candid photos
>>
>>8851027
I don't mind that distance
I'd be doing that for Anime North anyway
>>
>>8847550
>>8848311
I'm back, sorry for the late response. Doesn't look like we'll be recieving it, I'm sorry ; ;
>>
>>8848298
Then this weekend she must be sucking tons of cock. Seeing as she's having a photoshoot weekend with several photographers.

>>8851115 >>8851318
None of her photos are good, they're just all candid desu

>>8848370
Shut up and take your white knighted ass outta here
>>
I am so excited for Calgary Expo. I don't know how to contain myself.

Really loving the lineup of creators thus far. Also, Lucy Lawless. I can't wait.
>>
Has there been any news on Apop?
>>
>>8844596
I'll probably be wearing lolita to the majority of the con, too. Might as well!
>>
>>8852812
it's still pretty early for any news to pop up. i think the more pressing matter would be AN and their lack of guests announcements?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.