[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you go to cons? What are your favorite parts about them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: cl05.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cl05.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
Why do you go to cons? What are your favorite parts about them?
>>
>>8799816
Board games and cosplay that breaks on stage.
>>
>>8799816
Panels mostly. And the hopes of making awesome friends
>>
Hang out with friends, vacation, cosplay for the hell of it.

I'm not into what's commonly popular in cosplay, AA, Dealers Room, and Panels these days so "con stuff" very rarely grabs me.
>>
Panels, people watching, shopping.
>>
I honestly only go to cons as a reason for myself to make all the cosplays I want to, because I wouldn't have a reason to wear them otherwise.
I also fucking love seeing other good cosplayers which motivates me to improve, and I love dealers rooms and artist alleys.
>>
Hanging out with friends, parties, and getting attention in cosplay.
>>
>>8799816
Hang out and make friends knowing I don't need to hide my hobby.

Hoping to get into cosplay this year as well.
>>
>>8799878
>people watching
mah nigga
>>
I used to find cons boring after a certain age, but now I cover cons for my online webzine and it's fun again. it's a different experience, where you meet other photographers and reporters, and you interact with sellers and such in a different way.
not to mention you get to interview guests, which is awesome, and it's also great when you post a cosplay picture you've taken and the cosplayer thank you for it.
>>
File: 1451011123414.png (466KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451011123414.png
466KB, 1280x720px
Panels, being with people that are autistic like you, alcohol, and because you rationalize prepping for a con as the excuse for why you don't go outside more often.
>>
>>8799816
Why seems like such a strange question now. I've been going to them for awhile now. It's were the people at?
>>
>>8799878
>people watching
This, pretty much. I always meet potentially cool people, but I make no attempt to stay in contact with them. I should work on that.
>>
Attention whoring and feeling superior to the people around me.
>>
Panels.
People-watching.
The dealers room.
And I like the whole vibe of being around a bunch of people into the same shit as I am.

Also, taking pictures of cosplayers. It's slowly becoming my favorite thing about cons.
>>
>>8800115
What's your webzine? I love looking at con review type things
>>
>>8800479
Yes, this. Thank you.
>>
sex with cosplay sloots
>>
File: 1428551099662.gif (204KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1428551099662.gif
204KB, 500x312px
To wear my cosplays somewhere other than my house and not get tons of weird stares.

I also really enjoy staying in nice hotels and meeting new friends. Cons other than that are kinda meh, at least for me. I guess I've outgrown spending a whole paycheck on kawaii stuff in the dealer's room and artists alley.
>>
I go because I am a male attention whore who likes to dress up in slutty cosplays. I also like the parties and meeting qt azn grills
>>
>>8800479
>>8801315
I love people like this! They are always the first to get drunk and fuck after the con!
>>
Cosplaying, meeting with out of state friends, and just being in an environment where I can be myself
>>
I mainly go for the photoshoots, the dealers room, and the one that I go to has a comedian that goes every year who is incredibly funny. I'm going to start going just to sell stuff in artist alley and see the comedian next year.
>>
They add brightness to my dull life and they're chances to actually meet new people on the off chance that I'm lucky.

Also it's motivation for me to cosplay more and learn cosplay related skills like sewing.
>>
for at least having social contact once in a year
>>
Because so many lolitas cosplay that it feels like I'm left out if I don't go. FOMO and all that.
If there was more jfashion I'd enjoy them more, but I'm older than most congoers and I don't cosplay so I often have moments when I feel I'm living a lie by being there. The big hotel cons look more social but it doesn't seem worth the money when I don't know if I'd enjoy it.
>>
Mostly for lolita panels/programming (fashion shows, tea parties) and booths. Also love people watching, catching up with friends, meeting new people, and doing the whole room party thing. I've made some really dorky friends this last year thanks to cons and I love 'em.
>>
File: 2013-09-14 17.53.56.jpg (1MB, 5841x1135px) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-14 17.53.56.jpg
1MB, 5841x1135px
>>8799816
The atmosphere, the cosplay, and the sense of belonging that you're with your kind for three to four days.
>>
>>8799816
It becomes the whole goal of the journey. My friends and I like participating in the masquerades and getting new ideas and group stuff to work on, and cons are the best place to set goals to wear new stuff we've made. We only go to a few cons a year so it's a chance to see our friends who come from all places, have sewing parties with set goals, and really be creative. All of us also are studying an array of majors, but it's fun to go be silly and creative with other likeminded people.

I also love people-watching and finding people to talk about anime with, going to the Dealer's Room, and sometimes finding hidden gem panels or chill people to just kickback and watch anime with. And mostly, my fashion sense and makeup are pretty potato due to my current job and school schedule, so it's a chance for me to spend time on my makeup and sewing and all other fun things I practice on but have a chance to share.
>>
>>8807205
This is it 100%. Just feeling like I'm with my kind makes me happy. I need more nerdy friends.
>>
>>8799816
Formal Dances
Raves
Maid Cafes
Girls hitting on me, but typically I'm too dense to realize it until after the fact.

>>8801341
>>8800479
True that
>>
Meeting people who like the same things as me, meeting basically all my friends at the same place and time, people with cool cosplays/fashion. Cons over here usually have some fun stage shows so I watch those as well.
Usually don't but any merch since its overpriced as fuck but homemade jewelry and second hand stuff, maybe a poster or something the last day when everything is like at least 50%
>>
>>8810233
>Girls hitting on me, but typically I'm too dense to realize it until after the fact.
Literally realized this happened to me about 5 minutes after the fact. I am completely clueless.

I usually go for panels and cosplay and to people watch especially to check out the costumes. I also like to walk around the dealer room and check stuff out. I usually only buy candy but if I run into something like an old game or something small I like I might pick it up (only spent like $20-30 on dealers the last few cons) Its usually stuff to small to deal with haggling for.
>>
>>8810390
Friendship acquired.
>>
Seeing great cosplay. Getting streetpasses galore. Fun panels and events. Watching game tournaments. Also seeing people more awkward than me.

Pretty much the entire thing. There's not a single part of a con I would call bad (usually).
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.