[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All Things Katsucon: Now with less vendetta and racism!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 24

File: gaylord.jpg (349KB, 1280x733px) Image search: [Google]
gaylord.jpg
349KB, 1280x733px
It's my first Katsucon, and I'm really looking forward to it! Tell me everything I can expect when I get there; all my friends are tired of me talking about it. :( Also, post lineups, favorite stories, etc., but pls don't shit up the thread with vendettas or racism, thx.
>>
>>8799519
Good luck with that Anon. Please shower daily, and if you stink/sweat, deodorant please! Avoid eating thing stat make you fart, includes beans, beef, onions, garlic, and granola bars
>>
>>8799544
>granola bars
What? But all I eat at conventions are granola bars.
>>
i had a weird nightmare about katsucon last night. hopefully the actual con isn't as much of a shitshow as it was in my dream!!

anyways i really hope i can finish my saria cosplay in time!! i just need to buy the fabric and remake the romper because the first two (kill me) came out looking and fitting like shit
>>
How anal is Katsu about their weapons policy? I have a Yoko rifle that uses a water pistol wedged in the "clip" as the grip+trigger. It has an orange tip, but the entire barrel is covered by the clip so you can't tell from a distance. It can't fire anymore, and looks clearly fake, but I don't want to run into any issues.

Also last thread said no microwaves in the rooms. Are there mini fridges?
>>
>>8800062
yes there are small fridges. It's behind a cabinet.
>>
>>8800062
Inside the cabinet I mean....under the TV.
>>
>>8800062
two years ago i carried a fake ak-47 (painted grey save for the orange tip) with me an entire day of the con, never brought it to weapons check, and no one said a single word. unless they upped the security since then i think you'll be okay.
>>
>>8800062
Carried around a sword I bought from the dealers, just never took it out of the sheath. Didn't bother taking it to weapons check, no one stopped me at any point.
So if your rifle clearly looks fake, you're good to go.
>>
>>8800062
I walked around with a MAC-10 prop with no problems last katsu. They're not really that anal about weapon policies as long as it's not too realistic.
>>
>>8800112
how about hot water? Do they have kettles?
>>
>>8800702
They have coffee makers. An anon last thread regaled us with a tale of weeping while trying to make Easy Mac with one.
>>
>>8801070
And I can still almost taste the despair. I imagine it tasted like hotel tap water.
>>
>>8800062
Hahaha that's funny. katsu doesn't police cosplayers. I saw a Beat from Jet Set Radio rolling around the con with actual roller blades and a spray can and no one even raised an eyebrow. As long as you dont cause an incident staff would do anything.
>>
>>8801070
>>8801080

ah yes, i'm glad my story was poignant enough to stick with you all. it actually just tasted like really soupy mac and cheese, although it was hard to tell because i was burning my mouth and fingers by trying to eat it while it was still too hot

HOWEVER, it is possible to actually make it successfully with the coffee maker, i've done it before. my main problem was not having a spoon so i couldn't really stir it properly. and i also put too much water in. but if you put just enough water to cover all the pasta, stir it (with an actual spoon, so you don't have to burn your fingers and cry), let it sit for a minute or two, then add the cheese (dump out excess water first if there is any) it should be just fine.

this has been your quick cooking lesson for fast meals in katsu hotel rooms. don't repeat my mistakes, anons.
>>
If you have a mini fridge, some parchment paper and the room iron makes good grilled cheese.
>>
>>8801470
Have you been to prison hommie?
>>
Since we're talking about food.

There is only one pizza place open very late, so order somewhere else early if you think pizza sounds like a good time Saturday night.

We called around midnight while fairly drunk at the Homestuck Draw Party, they took a room number but never gave us a total or a wait time. Went up to said room for more drinks, and two hours later, no pizza still? And no call? And now the place isn't picking up the phone?

Okay, whatever, those who aren't staying in the room we ordered the pizza to head back to our actual room, I drunkenly make scrambled eggs for about 6 people, and we get a call.

Pizza showed up to the other room. At nearly 3 hours after we ordered.
>>
>>8801538
Domino's I assume? A friend told me there's both a Dominos and Subway nearby.
>>
>>8801538
>>8801572
i missed the draw party last year because we were waiting for the fucking pizza to get there. it took something like four hours, it didn't come until nearly 3 in the morning. never again. (idk about other anon but yes this was domino's)
>>
>>8801572
>>8801581

I actually can't remember now if it was domino's or not. The girl calling had to ask front desk. They gave her a list, and only one of the places on the list was open past 12pm for some reason.
>>
>>8801631
*12am, you know what I meant. Fuckin midnight.
>>
>>8801535
Whut. Poor bitches been doing iron grilled cheese for years. Not hard to clean up either.
>>
>>8801923
Damn. When did you get that big, Adam?
>>
>>8802069
What is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1427056869899.gif (120KB, 281x199px) Image search: [Google]
1427056869899.gif
120KB, 281x199px
>>8802069
A-anon, this doesn't really help keep the thread clean.

Lets go back to talking about the hotel's lack of microwaves, making mac and cheese with a coffee pot, and ironing a grilled cheese sandwich.

I read the elevators are a pain to get onto. Is the stairwell usually crowded because of this?
>>
>>8802092
You might pass someone on the stairwell or run into people doing shoots in the stairwells, but I wouldn't call them crowded. Ain't nobody wants to walk 15 flights of stairs.
>>
>>8802104
You're Too Mad over nothing.
Chill yourself.
>>
>>8801956
That's what she said
>>
>>8802106
Behold the reason why the elevators are crowded. Humans are lazy
>>
>>8802092
Elevators can get pretty crowded but its okay for the most part. My room was on the 14th floor last year i think but I still climbed the stairs 90% of the time cause it only took like a minute to get up and I never ran into anyone.
>>
Who are your favorite photogs? This will be my buddy's and my first Katsu and we want at least one shoot with someone who's going to give us at least 5 pictures. We got suckered the last time.
>>
>>8802106
>Ain't nobody wants to walk 15 flights of stairs.

I always prefer the stairs over the elevators, even at cons where the elevators are often empty or close to it. If I'm with friends taking the elevators, I will race them to our floor via the stairwell.

I don't know, I think there's something wrong with me.

>>8802254
>it only took like a minute to get up and I never ran into anyone.

Good, I can do my stair sprints unhindered.
>>
>>8802280
who suckered you?

check out white specs. he got mad skills
>>
>>8802280
Sateriale will give you 20 photos for $80.
>>
>>8801538
Not Katsu but what is it in general with pizza places and conventions?

>friend and I order pizza and fries from place nearby con center
>over a hour wait
>pizza is lukewarm, fries are cold
>friend calls them back to complain
>place promises to deliver hot food for free
>wait around with our now completely cold and untouched food for another hour or two
>new food comes, it's only pizzas and no fries
>new delivery guy refuses to take cold food back
>tote six boxes back up to room
>friend complains because half our food is missing
>place tries to coax us into driving out there to get replacement fries
>grumble and eat our food, fries are inedible by then
>go to bed after midnight
>super late, room phone rings
>roomie answers and then hangs up, figure it's no big deal since she doesn't say anything
>both of us go back to sleep
>find out next morning it was a front desk call
>pizza place showed up at like 1am with more food for us
>>
>>8802508
Damn niggah would have heated that shit up had a fucking feast
>>
>>8802538
How would you have done that in a hotel room? Microwaves can't heat fries for shit, unless you like soggy fries, and not all hotel rooms have microwaves.
>>
>>8802538
We tried since our room had a microwave but it was pretty much hunger that made us devour what would have otherwise been terrible food. Never trusting food from menus shoved under our door again but by the time we got to the hotel the mall nearby had closed its food court so we had no where else to turn for dinner except delivery and the hotel food.
>>
Just checking to see if anyone has a spare room? The person who'd booked my room at the Wyndham hasn't responded in about 2 weeks now, and I have a feeling me and 7 others are about to get ditched a month before a con.
We booked and paid for part of the room in July, so we'd not exactly been budgeting to have to rebook something last minute.

Somewhere with a kitchen suite would be lovely, seeing as two of our group members have brutal food allergies and prefer to just cook their own meals.
Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
> katsu facebook pages
Cosplay line-ups, photogs shilling for work

>katsu /cgl/ thread
Food discussions
>>
>>8802092
The Gaylord is strangely set up. Find the nearest hotel to your room and only use that elevator. The place can honestly be a maze
>>
>>8802644
If you can't find a place with a kitchen suite bring an electric griddle it's my plan for the weekend.
>>
>>8802303
Some shit in Georgia, I forgot his name. It's been a few years, I just stepped away.

Thanks for the rec, to you and >>8802328. I'm checking them both out.
>>
>8802508
Your food was cold, because they probably waited for all the orders that half-hour/hour before deliver the food to help save fuel cost
>>
>>8803922
Take your crybaby bullshit elsewhere. No need to shit up this thread and risk it getting deleted again.
>>
>>8803064
Don't recommend Sateriale, but White Specs is solid. I really like Chez too.
>>
Don't shoot with AssB unless you are part of the BLF or cosfamous
>>
First timer here. I'm doing a few photoshoots this weekend but I'm not sure where my meeting location would be. What's a good, easy to get to spot that isn't too crowded so I can find the person I'm supposed to work with? I know there are some landmarks but I'm guessing it gets kind of hectic around the gazebo and other popular areas.
>>
>>8803973
chez > Satellite? care to explain?
>>
>>8803983
The cafe tables by the upper part of the fountains are usually a good bet.
>>
Sateriale has a no fatties policy
>>
>>8804033
As we all should
Suffer fatties not to live
>>
>>8804033
code word "selective" means no fatties allowed
>>
>>8803987
I don't know any drama behind him or anything, but I received photos back from Chez and White Specs and none from Sateriale after a fuckton of excuses. I actually booked Sateriale after seeing a few people vouch for him/his work on cgl a few months back, so it was an extra big disappointment.
>>
>>8803987
Chez, that the girl that moved from Boston to Denver? She's alright, but her shit is blurred to hell, not a fan of most of her work, plus she spams the FB groups like hell
>>
>>8804351
i think chez's editing is shit, but its better to have photos back then not. lawl.
>>
>>8804362
Tbh anyone who spams the fb groups to me is just really hungry. Like guys we talk to each other we know you have cool photos we don't need three different fb groups spammed in the course of five minutes. Chill.
>>
>>8804810
Katsucon's FB group isn't as bad as NYCC's one when the con rolls around. It's nothing but people asking for pictures of themselves and posting their pages in that shit. At least on Katsu's one people actually try to talk about other shit.
>>
>>8804810
Another con I attend has a separate group for cosplay and photog stuff with a "no spam" policy. All cons should do this once they get big enough imo.
>>
>>8805061
Nearly most of these groups arent official groups for the cons though, just fan-run ones
>>
>>8801923
Jesus help all the minors.
>>
>>8805090
Yeah like cosplay & photographer group and then the other is like cosplay something something etc. and then if you follow them they fucking post there too. Like dudes stop being thirsty I'm a Cosplayer and I don't go posting my shit except on my ig and my fb. Maybe that's why I don't have that many likes but at least I'm not looking desperate af. And we all know who the main photogs are that do this shit. Lol
>>
>>8804810
I hope a lot of great photographers take photos of you that never find their way back to you because the photographers didn't feel like spamming them around on facebook and all you ever find are shitty out of focus camera phone photos of you.
>>
>>8805363
Awww are you one that posts alot? Don't be crunchy. It's just you don't have to post ten times because we all follow the same fb pages we don't need to see it ten times. I literally follow three pages like those listed and guess what I see it posted at least four times because the photogs page, then those separate boards. It's just kinda redundant.

I find my photos because those I work with send them to me specifically. Hall shots generally don't get edited by the people who self post on those fb pages those are shots they worked with cosplayers they chose. So keep being salty but you'd say the same thing if it were a Cosplayer doing it.
>>
>>8805486
#triggered

crunchy sprat is one of the worst photographers. his photos hurt me in the face
>>
So are any cosplayers doing anything special with their cosplay on Sunday (valentine's day)? Like handing out flowers or cards or something?
>>
Is there a rave this year? I haven't seen anything posted online about one...
>>
>>8805628
http://www.katsucon.org/programming/dance/
>>
>>8801535

I don't see how a criminal criminal record has anything to do with my ability to offer decent advise.

I'm totally kidding. I actually learned it from a friend at Katsu, because I am a weak stick who cannot STAND the cold, but I really wanted a sandwich. They did it straight on the sandwich and cleaned it before and after, but

1. I don't want to risk a roomate's cosplay
2. I have no idea what that thing touched

so I bring parchment paper now. I still reccomend cleaning the iron, because I am always paranoid about grease getting on the iron and transferring to someone's clothes.
>>
>>8805629
yeah, but those pages are usually updated with DJs by now. Guess I'll just have to keep checking.
>>
Has anyone stayed in a hotel besides the Gaylord, like the nearby cluster that includes the Hampton? Any tips?
>>
>>8805627
I thought of making little Valentine business cards on Vistaprint and giving those out on Sunday instead of my regular ones, but that seems even more attention whorish than usual for me. Then again, if I give them out already, having them themed for a day can't be worse?

I may also just make some anime valentines and give them out.
>>
>>8802508
Order from Pizza Boli's, which is right down the street from the harbor and they're damn good plus they deliver on time.
>>
>>8805636
wear a jacket when you walk from the hotel to gaylord.

can you be any more specific?
>>
>>8805627
Dick in a heart shaped box of chocolates. #ExpectMe
>>
>>8805197
Nah, those aren;t even trying to pass themselves off as conventions though. I mean groups like New York Comic, SDCC, and shit. Groups using the con's name
>>
>>8805197
Cosplay Photography Discussion Group is the other one your probably thinking of. That's Cosplay Photographers official group, but that group is full of too many assholes. I'd rather deal with the people at Cosplayers & Photographers. They at least delete the frequent spammers and multiple posts.

>>8805363

I don't mind people posting that they're looking for shoots or check out their newest gallery but not when they post multiple times a day. Hey I'm having breakfast, here's photos from so and so! Hey I'm having lunch, here's more photos! Hey I'm tired, but here's photos! Fuck that! I hate it when photographers and cosplayers do the same shit on their own pages, so I'll just quickly unfollow them. I know you like your newest or old reposts, but I don't need to see 7 posts from you in the span of 5 minutes.
>>
>>8805636
Hampton Inn is nice. Their free breakfast is on point.

You ever notice how 2 and 3 star hotels offer up more free amenities like wifi and breakfast while 4 star and hotels up nickel and dime you?
>>
>>8806027
You are my favorite. <3
>>
>>8805690
I mean, is the markup of the Gaylord worth the convenience? I've heard of the con center getting closed down (no one in or out), has anyone ever had experience with that? How bad is the walk actually? Is there a coat check at the Gaylord?
>>
File: DSC003162.jpg (706KB, 2156x1100px) Image search: [Google]
DSC003162.jpg
706KB, 2156x1100px
>>8806150
Over the years I visited the area be it katsu, mag, or any other event. I've roomed in the Aloft once and the Westin a few times.
The convenience of having everything within the con's hotel is well worth the price. With that being said, if you're really looking to save a few bucks the hotels within the harbor are not bad at all. Sense the area is nothing more than a tourist trap, the walk during night is pretty safe aside from the bitter cold. You'll also be closer to the restaurants so there's that. Keep in mind some of these hotels' (Can confirm for Westin) elevators require a key to operate.

>>8799519
>That one AoT cosplayer that jumped from the gazebo floor a few years ago.
I wish I saw that one.

>>8805627
Not really something related to my cosplays. But I started buying fancy expensive chocolate from the store down the street and pass it out during the meet up. V-day being on a Sunday where a good portion of the people are more focused on hauling ass out, eh maybe something will come to mind during eventually.
>>
>>8805527

I'm still trying to figure out what is so triggering and important?
>>
>>8806165
Never heard about the AoT cosplayer, wtf happened?
>>
File: disgust.gif (83KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
83KB, 395x281px
>>8806027
Cosplayers and Photographers are the biggest group of whiteknighting faggots in history.

I got kicked out of there after going off on some slore in an argument, even though I was completely right.

Luckily, no one in that group has any kind of skill, so nothing of value was lost. If you go into Cosplayers and Photographers looking for a photographer, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>8803922
Cry more piss baby
>>
>>8806627

I can definitely see why you were kicked out. Good on them.
>>
>>8806646
You support women using racist language without any repercussions?

Cool. You just proved every point I made about Cosplayers and Photographers.
>>
>>8806741
You're a sadfag
>>
Reign Ave now has cosplayers advertising for her in her spam. this person knows no shame.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 490x276px
Would anybody be interested in an ita bag meetup/charm swap? Perhaps Saturday or Friday night?

Thought this might be cool. I'd love to meet fellow ita bag lovers and swap some buttons or charms? Talk about husbandos and waifus?
>>
>>8806096
Yep not just hotels nice restaurants are always a la carte.
>>
>>8806741
> uses faggot and slore
> is offended at some chick using racist language

ok
>>
>>8806952
>scrolling dash
>see this
>can't afford Katsu this year
>cry
>>
Any word on the /cgl/ meetup?
>>
>>8806351
Seconding this.
>>
>>8806980
>doesn't use faggot on 4chan
>>>/out/
>>
>>8807111
Faggot may as well be a nongender specific pronoun on this site
>>
>>8807111
There were 13 words in my entire comment and one of them was faggot. Calling your fcking autist hypocrisy out then getting accused of 'doesn't use faggot on 4chan'. kek.
>>
>>8806949
A few people have this going on. You know what's pissing me off now that I've seen a few more cosplay photogs posting as Katsu gets closer? Fucking asshates are charging based on natural light and using lights. Sorry but you should just give good pictures and not focus on raising prices by how many lights are used in shoots
>>
>>8806627
the only one I remember being kicked out after an argument was EMCP and that was after he harassed a cosplayer and went onto her private profile and pulled her photos ragging about her appearance and how she wasn't a model, which she was by the way for a few fetish sites, and after his ass was kicked, she posted a PM from him months earlier trying to help her build her career. Cry harder Eugene. You were kicked for harassing and stalking and the mods made the right choice
>>
File: animore.png (10KB, 800x150px) Image search: [Google]
animore.png
10KB, 800x150px
What the fuck is this? Should I go?
>>
>>8807695
I'm going. Mite b cool.
>>
>>8807544
cosplayers probably think the more lights = better photos.
>>
>>8807554
More and more i hear of him he sounds like a total shit bag and I know he lurks here and shit posts people he shoots. I kinda never want to meet him plus his photos are shit.
>>
>>8807544
>>8807764
More lights means more work/effort on the photographer's part. More equipment to carry around and setup. If the photographer knows what they're doing they can come up with something much better than a photographer working with only ambient light. If he wants to be lazy/greedy and charge extra per light, then that's his prerogative. Also, I assume he's shooting outside the convention center? Because I'm pretty sure Katsucon has a no tripod/monopod/light stand policy.
>>
>>8807695
>>8807698
I've never heard of it before. I'm assuming this is their first year? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>8806627
Long Thai is the biggest whore of them all with his post
>>
>>8807111
>doesn't understand their own contradiction
>>
>>8807801
Iirc the first couple days they tried enforcing it and then stopped because everyone, security included, stopped giving a shit. All it was was staff saying hey no setup, people complying momentarily to move elsewhere or wait til the staff wandered off, and then resuming the use of lights
>>
File: Cat-Laugh (1).jpg (18KB, 340x234px) Image search: [Google]
Cat-Laugh (1).jpg
18KB, 340x234px
>>8807544
LOL.

I call bullshit.

Show me a photographer's ad where he charges by the light.
>>
>>8807806
It's a first year convention. I think it's run by one of those bigger groups that run multiple conventions, they might also do Star City Anime?

We'll see. It has the potential to be something, so I usually like to go to a first year con for that reason.
>>
This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone have any recs for photogs who are taking bookings? (price doesn't matter as long as it's reasonable) My normal photographer bailed, and I've tried checking a few social media groups but nobody seems better than average tier so I feel like I must be looking in the wrong places.
>>
Anyone still need a room?
I'm across the street from the Gaylord and need two or three roomates that aren't screaming drunk children.
>>
File: lazycat.png (90KB, 483x720px) Image search: [Google]
lazycat.png
90KB, 483x720px
>>8808217
Lazy Cat

>>8808259
EMCP offers professional photos for cheap prices
>>
>>8808293
oh for Magfest, but she's also doing Katsu
>>
>>8808293
Wow... photographers are really charging by the light now. Interesting.

I mean, I thought lights were part of the gear set. Like, they were part of the tools you use to get the shots. That's the way I work, anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I checked her page out and her work isn't bad. I just don't understand her charging scheme.

Now all we need is for photographers to charge by the lens.
>>
>>8808353
>Now all we need is for photographers to charge by the lens.
You can be the first to beat them to the punch!
>>
>>8808393
lol. Portraits with the 85mm 1.4 are $50, and wide angle shots with the 24-70 are $100.
>>
>>8808293

Is this what's considered "professional photos" now? Do people really charge for this?
>>
>>8808414
I dunno. If ugly people paid me to photograph them I probably wouldn't even try either.
>>
>>8808417

The ones of pretty people really aren't much better. Although desu I don't know if this person just takes horrible angles or what, but I had to scroll pretty far back to find someone who looked conventionally attractive.
>>
File: raindrop.jpg (418KB, 1974x2048px) Image search: [Google]
raindrop.jpg
418KB, 1974x2048px
>>8808217
>>
>>8806952
yes please!!!!
>>
This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know if there are any lolita centric events or panels going on for Katsucon? I'm not a part of the DC comm and I'll be in lolita all weekend, so I really want to know. I did hear about a luncheon, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>8808539
the panel schedule still hasn't been announced (which as someone who submitted a panel is an unending source of frustration for me katsu please get your shit together) but i'm sure there will be some lolita ones
>>
>>8808447
What's wrong with this photo? Lighting could be better but overall it's a decent photo
>>
>>8808635
It's okay but nowhere near professional quality.
>>
Anyone been to previous cgl meetups at Katsu? Is it always sausagefest bc crossboarders?
>>
>>8808500
I'll set up an event or something tonight or tomorrow for it. I'll have to figure out the details! Obviously charm and button swapping is optional, but I thought it would be cute. Also a good way to get rid of some merch we may have sitting around.
>>
>>8808707
It won't be this year, a large group is going with a good mix of people.

It was in the past because all of the girls were too shy.
>>
>>8808635
Two words, white balance. Too much blue
>>
>>8808447
I like this.
>>
>>8809237
isn't this called color grading?
>>
>>8808447
is that face thing photoshopped on??
>>
Apologies if this has already been asked, I tried ctrl-f searching but found nothing related. First time going, is a badge required? Like if I don't care all that much about panels and stuff like that do I need to spend the money on a badge? I would like to dip into the artist alley at some point but other than that I plan on going to random photoshoots with friends.
>>
>>8809325
It's required for panels, AA, the dealers' room, and the dance.

It isn't required for the hallways or the hotel area.

Katsucon is a great con to ghost.
>>
>>8809329
That's all I needed to know! I have some friends who are getting badges so I'll borrow one of theirs to hit up AA/dealers. Thanks!
>>
>>8808353
I fucking loled at this... charging by number of lights is the new scam.
>>
>>8809260
If you do it in post, which could've been avoided with a proper white balance
>>
>>8809260
>>8809402

Color grading isn't a post technique so much as it's a theme for the entire shoot.

You select the color palette beforehand, and then shoot with gels or creative color temperature to achieve the desired effect. Anything done in post is enhancing the effect, not creating it.
>>
so are the photographers charging by number of lights? lazy cat, and???
>>
File: 1452533379981-2.jpg (189KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452533379981-2.jpg
189KB, 960x640px
>>8809237
even with an attempt to wb it still looks a bit bland
>>
>>8809462
You just kinda made her green and sickly looking.
>>
>>8808897
Sweet, thanks. Planning on going in cosplay with my gf and I wanted to know whether I'd have to fend off thirsty plebs. How do you know about this large group that's going?
>>
>>8808217
Do you not have fucking eyes?
>>
>>8809427
Not really, if anything White balance is part of Color Balance, which is after all what it is. You're aiming to get the resulting colors as their actual color, which is primarily aimed at reference colors. This is why you see some photographers using a color wheel or slate before taking photos of their subject.

Color Correction is the altering of the color of light. While it can easily be confused with color grading, because they have the same results, they are both done different. CC is normally done on-set through gels, it's why if you buy gels a lot, many will have the term Color Correcting, or even CC (followed by the name, such as Bastard Amber), on them, despite different brands.

Color Grading is altering or enhancing the color of a light through a process of digital, although originally chemical means. It's a part of Color Correction, as your goal in the CG process is to create complimenting colors, whereas CC that's not always the case, such as if you're doing something psychedelic. When you hear someone say they're editing a photo or video to be more cinematic, then they're CG.

Of course today I'm sure most new photographers are mainly digital, not film nor developing your own film stock, so the terminology is probably used interchangeably out in the field and/or the classrooms. It may seem like a trivial detail, but depending on what line of work, it can be an important one.

If you're dealing with archival photos for stock houses, like Getty Images, you'll have to know the differences in the terminology for when you need to pull stock from their archives, as well as shooting stock for them.
>>
>>8808455

These samples are at least a whole lot better than those charging more for shit quality.
>>
>>8808293
lol shut up eugene your photos are shit and you're unprofessional as fuck
>>
>>8808635
Mediocre and why is it shopped heavily to the point where it's now entirely fake looking and the eyepatch looks like it was cut and pasted out from somewhere else instead of being there in the first place.
There's a line between reasonably natural and disguising minor flaws to completely changing the entire person.
>>
>>8808293
>EMCP offers professional photos for cheap prices

You got jokes!
>>
>>8809467
check your calibration. looks fine to me.
>>
>>8808293
EMCP is staffing Katsucon. no way he's charging for photos. sauce?
>>
>>8809487
EMCP, is this why all of your photos look so blue? Are your monitor colors off?
>>
>>8808293
>>8808447
>>8808455
>>8809477
>>8809483
>Now with less vendetta

LESS means LESS. If you don't like a girl or a guy, don't work with them. Stop shitting up these threads with "I H8 X FOTOGRAFIEEEEE!1!!!1ONE!"

>>8808414
This is not vendetta. This is just bad work.

Now on a positive note, I look forward to working with some really pretty cosplayers this Katsu. I've never been before, so can anyone tell me where some good areas to take photos are? If there are outdoor areas with grass / trees, that'll be PERFECT.
>>
>>8809845
Pointing out piss poor color balancing isn't vendetta.

>can anyone tell me where some good areas to take photos are? If there are outdoor areas with grass / trees, that'll be PERFECT.
I'm guessing you didn't even try the most basic of google searches, did you?
>>
>>8809851
Nope. :)

I would rather someone with firsthand experience tell me than looking at pictures on Google.
>>
>>8809854
I meant more that this topic has been covered many a time by many a person. Literally type in "katsucon photoshoot locations" and be amazed.
>>
File: purblind tharja.jpg (77KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
purblind tharja.jpg
77KB, 736x1104px
>>8809855
FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

On another note, are there any cosplayers you're really excited to see in person? A major one of mine is pic related.
>>
>tfw the entire thread is photographer nonsense and you don't care about photoshoots

So the panel schedule still isn't up. I'm getting antsy.

I'm hoping it isn't balls freezing with lots of snow like it apparently was last year. I usually don't go to winter cons.
>>
>>8809868

This is /cgl/ talking about a con in one of the nicest hotels of course cosplayers are going to care about photography.

Who the fuck goes to panels at Katsu, their programming sucks
>>
>>8809868
>and you don't care about photoshoots

fatty detected.
>>
>>8809868
you sound like some fatty that can't get shoots. katsucon is known for having a really nice building and surrounding photoshoot locations
>>
>>8809865
Cosbaes will be there! Can't wait to see them again! They're a cosplay group that's been dominating the Northeast scene for the past 2 years now.
>>
>>8809818
Not EMCP. Photo doesn't look green to me. It looks green to you? I'm talking about the 2nd photo
>>
>>8809922
I'm going to calibrate my monitor before katsucon anyway just incase >>8809467 is right

>>8809868
It was just cold last year but i don't remember any snow, if you can survive off snacks you won't need to go outside anyway.
Not like there is much to do around National harbor anyway except Peeps i guess
>>
Alright we are gonna do a /cgl/ meetup at some point Thursday night and get some people together. Get your badges and shit early and expect to get drunk Thursday going into Friday.
>>
>>8809872
I've never been to Katsu before. I usually don't do panels anyway because I can't sit still long enough, but I'm interested in seeing what's available.

>>8809879
>>8809880
Nah, I just cosplay for personal reasons and never really got into the photoshoots thing. Plus I don't really cosplay anything worth shooting.

>katsucon is known for having a really nice building and surrounding photoshoot locations
Yeah I was looking at pictures of the Gaylord atrium when I found out I was going, and it looks amazing. I like the Opryland Gaylord's atrium a bit better though. Its a shame cons are banned from that one.
>>
Im going to ask a really weak question. How hawkish is the gaylord about room stuffing? Do i have tell them who my guests are and all that like at youmacon?
>>
>>8810136

Not really no. As long as your room isn't raising noise complaints I don't think hotel staff would care.
>>
>>8809467

Looking at the photo on my phone I see a *little* smidge of green but I had to put effort to see green. Calibrate your monitor, anon. It would suck if your photos were too purple because of this.

Not that it would save the original emcp pic anyway since it's still pretty bland.
>>
>>8810104
>cons are banned from that one
They are? why?
>>
>>8810171
I don't know the full details, so I'll just state what I know for certain. A con was hosted there, apparently did something to piss off the hotel owners, and now they won't allow any cons to be hosted there.
>>
>>8809915
Ew
>>
>>8809968
where? when? id try to plan it myself but ive never been to katsu before
>>
File: 1436583382491.jpg (33KB, 424x394px) Image search: [Google]
1436583382491.jpg
33KB, 424x394px
>>8808263
I might! I've attached my email just in case you're still looking.
>>
>>8809872
Their culture workshops are pretty interesting, at least to me. Learned a bit about sewing and got free kimono shots.
>>
Forgot to add it to #8810419 but I want to get good pictures of the Kamui I commissioned but I don't want to be that ugly guy no one puts efforts into the pictures. Ah well, also I guess I'd lose points since I didn't make it myself. I still want a couple of good shots though.
>>
>>8808455
god I'm so glad I'm west coast
>>
Good to know the weapon policy isn't too harsh. I plan to go as Hasegawa from Gintama for at least the first day with a group. Then i have a Secret Wars ver of Star-Lord. I painted the barrels of his SMGs bright orange as precaution on top of having caps. I just hope it isn't cold as hell
>>
Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING regarding panels/scheduling?

They're never this late with the release.
>>
File: image.png (108KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108KB, 640x1136px
>>8811367
all i've heard is receiving this exact email twice now. got all excited to see i had an email from katsu only to see it's this nonsense. thanks for the nothing.
>>
>>8810844

My brother went as Star-Lord last year and the staff didn't care about his guns, though he wore his winter coat over the duster and boiled alive for a bit. Told him to leave in our room but he didn't listen.
>>
File: IG Star Lord.jpg (581KB, 687x809px) Image search: [Google]
IG Star Lord.jpg
581KB, 687x809px
>>8811532

Sounds like he went as the movie version, so he most likely had the blasters depicted in said film so they're not realistic looking at all. The version i'm going as is from the recent Infinity Gauntlet series, which is basically a loose combination of the movie and comic costumes. The guns are actually real looking as a result.

I've been on edge about this sort of thing since last year at Comikaze where a friend of mine forgot to cap his guns (he went as the Punisher). They were obviously just props, but apparently a guy there told staff when he was nervous.
>>
>>8811503

I've gotten three of those damn emails after sending one in a week or so ago. This shit really irks me. I would prefer they not email me at all

>>8811547

Two years ago I went to Anime Expo for the first time as Gene from Outlaw Star, and had a pal make me a replica of his bigger silver gun/grenade launcher and the Caster, but only ended up bringing the Caster because it doesn't look real. I understand the aversion, but when in doubt just ask staff when you see them.
>>
>>8810368 again, my room has definitely fallen through so if anyone's looking for roommates at kind of a cheapish price (I'm traveling from MA and transportation has beat the piss out of me) my email is attached and we can talk and exchange info and such!
>>
>>8809865
God bless wherever she's from.
>>
I saw people saying con staff is chill. Tbh. They really are. I've never had to have a "weapon" checked or anything.
But last year we had an issue over a costume.

There is a large woman who was staff last year and she was horrible. CON STAFF. NOT HOTEL.
Con rules state you need an inch of coverage on everything. Okay fine.
So basically thongs aren't permitted per say.
My friend wore bikini cut bottoms (they're a little cheeky but not a thong)
This woman interrupted a shoot to tell my friend she had to change or would be kicked out of the con.
Fun thing. My friend never purchased a badge. So instantly woman says. Let me see your badge. Awks. Don't have one.
Woman goes off. And I started arguing with her about the bottoms. Like. Her entire ass isn't out. She just has some cheek showing.

We had three con goers stop and one somehow had rules handy and showed the one inch rule, that's it. They all were trying to help my case because I was really getting irritated with this woman.

Woman said "no this underwear is thong and not covering appropriately".

Obviously bitch didn't know shit. We had to go back to our hotel room and change.
And then go buy a badge. Lol.

I addressed it with another staffer the next day and she was really shaky with an answer. So we just said whatever
>>
>>8812664
>a large woman
Heh. You know she was mad.
>>
>>8812664

I would've just not bought the badge and still fuck around.
>>
Let me put my two cents in from last year:

I met a very eccentric and happy cosplayer. They seemed very kind and sincere at first. But like all things, after the con passed, they became distant. As if they had gotten what they wanted and left.

Careful with the cosplayers at this con. Their hidden agendas may not be clear at first glance. Don't be swindled by fake smiles and sincerity.
>>
>>8812763
What are you even getting at?
A lot of people don't necessarily want to stay besties with people they just hung out with one weekend that one time
>>
>>8812779
It's not a matter of besties.
It's a matter of manipulating someone and seeing through the bullshit they feed you.
>>
>>8812763
Your story is so cryptic it's hard to tell what you're even implying.

Katsucon is a huge cosplay convention... anyone with a good costume is going to meet a ton of people and do a ton of networking. Unless you guys hit it off and hung out all con or made future plans together, it's pretty conceited to expect that every cosplayer who was nice to you is going to stay your bestest friend forever. If I made an effort to keep chatting with every person I engaged for a few minutes in the hall, it'd be my new day job. Get over it or make the effort yourself if your ass is so rashed about it.
>>
>>8812789
>manipulating someone
By..... swapping contact info and then not messaging you all the time? Oh no, you poor manipulated darling, the horror!
>>
>>8812794
>>8812790
Utilizing my room, my camera, my cosplay, and my time?
The fact is, i've noticed a pattern and i'm sick of people playing others just to use their tools/stuff.
>>
>>8812813
Either post the full story or take this vaguebooking shit to fb or the feels thread
The way you come across hardly inspires sympathy
>>
>>8812813
Nobody is going to have any idea what you're bitching about unless you actually post the details of your story. "Growing distant" is still not manipulation even if you took some photos of them. Cosplayers don't have to pay you in time for friendly favors, so unless there's something else you aren't telling us, you still sound like an unreasonable whiner.
>>
>>8812817
A person came up to me, asking if I was a photographer. I told them yes. They asked if could do a quick shoot for them and their friends. I said sure. I asked If they could pay me or at least tip me. They said "I'll give you the amount through Paypal". They requested a private area, and suggested like someones room. I offered mine.

After the shoot in my room, they asked if they could drink in my room. I told them no. After a while they gave me their contact information and told me how kind i was to help them out. Then they left, I never saw them again.

I was stupid enough to agree to their requests and what makes me the angriest is that they acted sincere and they still had the nerve to leave small messages like "oh we'll get right on that"
>>
>>8812860
Well, at least you got to shoot. Enjoy that for what it's worth.

Cosplayers should report any photographers wearing press credentials to the con if they charge you to shoot.
>>
>>8812893
Seen at least four photogs saying they are going as press and charging for shoots
>>
>>8808875
im interested for sure
>>
>>8808897
When are the meets? Also locations?
>>
>>8812899
>>8812893
Sad thing was, I wasn't there as press. I just wanted to expand my portfolio and improve my shots. But, all in all, lesson learned. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>8812860
>agree to shoot before you get paid
>give back photos before you get paid
>get mad when you don't get paid
Your own fault for being a retard m8.
>>
>>8812664
Fuck off, Pridemore. No one in their right mind wants anything to do with your ass hanging out or not.
>>
>>8812664
>This woman interrupted a shoot to tell my friend she had to change or would be kicked out of the con.
>Fun thing. My friend never purchased a badge. So instantly woman says. Let me see your badge. Awks. Don't have one.

Whines about possibly being kicked out of con. Doesn't have a badge. Yeah, what little pity I might have had for you is negated. Support the con or GTFO!

>>8812893
>>8812899
Report their asses for sure! Press shouldn't be charging people for photos period!
>>
>>8812940
So were you there to improve and expand your portfolio, or were you there to make money? Because your ass is only out of wack about one of these.
>>
>>8809471
Because they are my friends.

If you're with us no one will hit on your gf.

Hope you guys are cool, all of the couples I have met via /cgl/ meetups are always good people.

That is how our current group was formed, always love meeting new people.

>>8812928

Maybe the Bar, or the fountains at the bottom.

We will probably meet at like 8 or 9 pm, get drink have fun.

Also come out Thursday night people, if we know each other from the first day it will make the rest of the con that much better.
>>
File: 1452621038368.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452621038368.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
>been on Katsucon 21+ a few months now but never really post or look on it
>check it out today out of boredom

What the fuck is up with this group? Wasn't like this last year.
>>
So what do we think? Pre-reg or reg? Or are both lines gonna be as fucked as they were last year?
>>
Vendor list went up not long ago, but still no panel list it seems?

http://www.katsucon.org/exhibits/merchants/merchantlist/
>>
>>8812763
What exactly was it that she "wanted"?

Were you a photographer? A "cosfamous" she wanted to be seen with? Just someone to hang out with so we wouldn't be alone? Need more details.
>>
>>8812860
You had cosplayers in your room...

You had cosplayers who wanted to get drunk in your room...

And you told them no.

I don't blame them at all. You fucked that package up. I don't blame them for leaving. You're a fucking ultra-nerd. I bet you tipped your fedora to them on their way out.
>>
>>8813695
To be fair some people don't want their room to be the one that gets fucked up and have to be cleaned up after. I prefer messing with other people's rooms (not that I fuck shit up intentionally) and I keep my room pretty quiet.
>>
>>8812893
must be laboy or manning
>>
>>8812899
EMCP being one
>>
Y'all kept talking about Laboy and EMCP but if nobody is going to report them then there is no point.

I don't follow these cosplay or photography groups so I don't see them posting (thank god) but if I did I'd report them if it is against Katsucon staff rules.

Come on, guys.
>>
>>8814012
if you report them and they get removed then how are you going to bitch about them?

that's why they don't actually do anything.
a) they don't actually care
b) they want someone to bitch about
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 610x407px
>>8808500
>>8812916
Awesome! I was going to do it probably sometime on Saturday. I don't know a time and location until I see a schedule. Does anybody have any good ideas for a location? I was just going to pick outside a ballroom or something lol.
>>
>>8807695
AniMore is run by Black Materia....its part of the Ryan Kopf umbrella of cons. If you know who Ryan is...he's known as the Sephiroth creeper from Midwest cons who has sexual assault charges against him. Google his name and/or Black Materia conventions and you will find all the information about him online.
>>
>>8813949
>>8813980
>>8814012
>>8814208

You guys. Why shit talk people who are trying to make the most of their con experience? You whine about photographers and other cosplayers, you spread lies and fear about men who go to and organize conventions. Why?

You complain about other people so much. But do you really think Laboy or EMCP give a shit? They're going to the con, and will be paid to shoot great cosplayers. Do you think Kopf gives a shit? He's making bank organizing cons for a living. You're sitting on an anonymous imageboard, complaining. You don't even have the balls to attach your name to your complaint.

I only wrote this to laugh at you.
>>
>>8814243
>Guys stop harshing my squee - if someone's breaking the rules don't be a tattle tale, just let them have fun!!
>THINK OF THE MENS
>I totally don't caaaaaaaaaaare let me write this big reply to show how much I don't careeee
>>
>>8814243
Fite me 1on1 in rl mate
>>
>>8807695
It's a Kofp con. I wouldn't. Ignoring the man for a minute, all if his cons are really lame bare bones cons.
>>
>>8813549
Eh, it's a 21+ group what do you expect? And the folks who run it have this magical ability of creating garbage groups.
>>
>>8814199
cool!! i do have a photoshoot saturday 3-4 so it'd be nice if it could be. not during that time. but obviously you're the one planning so don't feel like you have to work around my schedule lmao

as for location i know there's this area with a bunch of tables that's hardly ever crowded, it's on the other end of that mirror hallway near where the bag check is? if that makes any sense...
>>
>>8814243

I'm >>8814012 and I have no idea why you're adding me to your little rant there. I'd literally say the same thing for anyone else that a board would complain about and do nothing about. Hell, you're even saying what I am saying at the end, albeit a little shortsighted.

Do you really think these anons would have the tits to call out these photographers on Facebook? No fucking way. None of these anons actually care once it comes to putting their name down.

And that's the dumb part. They're talking, complaining, and there seems to be no point to it all.

But whatever... I'll suck your dick anon for some fabric.
>>
>>8814243
Still living with parents is making bank these days? Sounds more like pathetic scraping by. Con runners don't make much money, look how bad every con is in the hole with each year.
>>
>>8814012
Stop force meme this idiot.
>>
>>8814750
Apparently. I've seen cosplay photographers talking about how successful they are while collecting unemployment and charging for shoots. Begging people for money to shoot, while living at home.
>>
>>8814890
only one i know fit that description is laruen pihl and she was driven .
>>
>>8815442
Driven to lie and steal.
>>
>>8814890
>Charging for shoots
>Not being successful

What world do you live in where people get successful by not charging for their work?
>>
>>8815943
Don't call youself successful if you're living at home with your parents or lying to the government, especially if you can't live on your own.
>>
Haven't been to Katsu in a few years and all of a sudden ALL of the hotels in the National Harbor are sold out.

When did Katsu get so popular to the point of everything selling out hotel wise?
>>
>>8814346
It will probably have to be at night! I work in the dealer's room during the day, and I just need to know dealer hours and if I'll have an employee that day before I make any plans doing stuff for fun. But I don't think they will interfere!
>>
So with the entire Gaylord, does security care if a tripod or a stand would be used outside convention area at a place with low foot traffic?

Curious if the security cares for light stands/tripods at all times or only when it isn't safe (during the day).
>>
>>8816625
all time
>>
>>8816438
since 2010, where the heck you been?
>>
>>8816625
You can use them outside, but not inside, ever at all. They have cameras in many areas, so even if you don't see someone, expect them to show up in a few minutes.
>>
>>8817136
Actually, in 2010 you could get one of the outlying hotels at the harbor a day before the con with no issues.
>>
>>8816438
It became a regional community con. It helped that the Katsucon curse was broken, thus they don't have to move every two years.
>>
why do people buy shoots? don't they have photos who offer to shoot them or photog friends?
>>
>>8818049
I don't personally do shoots but from what I understand its a promotional/networking thing? Like they advertise themselves through well known photographers. Kinda like the freelance modeling world.

Cosplayers who have been around longer or don't care to promo themselves through well known photographers usually have friends who are willing to take quality photos for free.

I don't know. I'm probably talking out of my ass but this is the impression I get from it.
>>
Conchair had their eye on the Gaylord ever since it was being built. The year it was at a hotel in Baltimore near the inner harbor the hotel canceled the contract because too many attendees damaged hotel property. A hotel the con was at for a while, late 90s/early 2000s when the contract ended they didn't renew as the con got too big for the space. Then they went to the Omni but that hotel had a lot of problems and never seemed able to prepare themselves for the con, plus where they had the con put the vendors hall was abysmal. Not so much a "curse" as just waiting for the right hotel in the area to be available.
>>
>>8818172

>Cosplayers who have been around longer or don't care to promo themselves through well known photographers usually have friends who are willing to take quality photos for free.

I mean if you're not looking to model on the side or sell prints there's not much reason to do shoots unless you want to share them with friends.

For example my boyfriend and I went to Katsu last year with a bunch of our friends as several of the lieutenants from Bleach after one of our friends had a birthday the week prior and as a result we let him choose our theme in advance. He got his cousin to do a shoot for a discount in order to give each of us photos in case we kept albums from Cons. It was a sweet gesture, but otherwise I don't really do anything like that.
>>
>>8818236

I feel like that's something you would do for him since it was his birthday? As in getting photos to share the memory.
>>
>>8816889
>>8817186

Thanks guys. Saddening news but oh well. Human lightstands it is then.
>>
>>8816889
>>8817186

Actually, second question. Do they care about flashes standing on their own on the floor? No lightstands or tripods, just flashes out and about on the floors.
>>
>>8818242

I mean he only paid his cousin because he felt bad for making him miss out on going with us for most of the con. We were told he wasn't able to make it at all, so it was a surprise for us. He joined up with us on the last day as Iba, so it worked out
>>
File: Raptor mask1.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Raptor mask1.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
So where's that guy who said he was gonna buy me a shot if he saw me this year?
>>
>>8818251
Secruity will bitch still, but you can get away with it if you stay mobile.
>>
>>8818488

I can't blame security for being tough but gosh...

... that sucks lol
>>
slots are open though ...
>>
>>8818049
Why do people bother with paying someone else to cook when you can cook for yourself or eat your friends food for free?

Convenience, quality and preference.

>>8818662

Not as many people cosplay at MAGfest so less shoots mean less profit which means the con doesn't pay for itself through shoots like other cosplay heavy conventions do.
>>
>>8818662
and they said cosplay photographers can't make money. who's laughing now?
>>
>>8818662
if you're going to MAGfest for cosplay or cosplay photography, then you're doing MAGFest for the wrong fcking reason.
>>
>>8818976
Yeah, those $30-50 a shoot are going to help them pay their rent for the year
>>
>>8819204
$30-$50. Lol you have no idea how much she charges
>>
>>8819101
How come I got a lot of cosplay hall photographery in? I've gotten plenty of cosplay photos from MAGFest last year and the year before.
>>
>>8818049
You would take advantage of your friends like that? If your friend went out and spent 500-2000 dollars on a camera, you'd tell them to work for you for free?

This is why there's a plague of shit photographers in the scene.
>>
>>8819358
there still is cosplay, and some really good ones, but that's like enjoying the side dish to a delicious drunken music meal of greatness. Sure it was good, but it wasn't the point.
>>
>>8818887
>>8819413
but the few photogs reccomended by cgl do free shoots and offer them to good cosplayers all the time, just have a decent cosplay and don't be hideous
>>
>>8819510
You mean the few photogs that jerk themselves off all over these boards?

C'mon now.
>>
>>8819101
Because people can't go to a con for multiple reasons and those reasons have to coincide with everyone else's reasons to be valid?

Pipe down anon. Everyone can enjoy the event in different ways. It'll be okay I promise.
>>
This will be my first year at this convention. Anyone know who does the game room?
>>
>>8819627
nah the ones that actually get suggested every now and then, it's pretty easy to tell
>>
Hey guys my uncle owns a boat. Who ready for some #BOATsukon?
>>
>>8820215
Lmao. I dunno why I find that name so amusing. In a funny way! Sounds cool even though it's going to be freezing.
>>
If anyone needs a room for Katsu/Mag. I still have space. Left a temp email if interested.
>>
Pretty late to this thread so excuse me if it's already been touched on, but are there any lolita meetups/events going on during Katsu? The one I heard of got cancelled. I'll be dressed in sweet all weekend and wanted to meet other lolitas.
>>
>>8820562
I only know of the swapmeet on Saturday at 3p. Not sure if anything else is going on?
Search on FB for "Katsucon Lolita Swap Meet".
>>
>>8820562
There is a swap meet and a Lunvheon. Neither are associated wit the convention at all. They can both be found on fb by searching Katsucon Lolita Swap Meet and Starcrossed Lolita Luncheon.

Also I am 99% sure there will be a Fashion Show associated with the con. I know Belladonna has started looking for models.
>>
>>8820562
there was a Katsucon Lolita meetup hosted by some guy named antonio but he deleted it when i went looking for the event. sorry anon
>>
>>8800062
Hi, I've staffed security at Katsucon for the past 5 years now. So long as the weapon doesn't look too realistic and can't fire projectiles it is fine. We really only have an issue if the hotel worries, (i.e. calls the police over fake police). Also no metal bladed weapons are allowed.
>>
>>8816625
Tripods are a no no. Personally I don't care but it has to do with blocking traffic, fire safety and yada yada
>>
>>8821377
What about flash hold by my assistant?
>>
>>8821500

That's handheld and is a-ok according to Katsu policy.
>>
>>8821370
are Katsucon staff photographers allowed to charge for shoots, as it looks like at least one is currently going to
>>
>>8821822
Are anons allowed to excessively bitch?

It looks like quite a few are currently doing this.
>>
>>8821830
So that's either Jason or Eugene, good job outing yourself!
>>
>>8818662
Somebitch doesn't know about doing shit for fun
>>
>>8821830

You're really making yourself look bad, Eugene.
>>
Still no word on a /cgl/ meet up?
>>
>>8807695
bought a ticket but might not go because BLIZZARD HELL this weekend
>>
>>8821377
What's your policy on parties? And boats? And parties on boats?
>>
>>8821970
Yeah look up in the thread.

Honestly for the fine details just watch the thread i don't want to set anything in stone and fuck it up.
>>
This is my first con ever. I have no idea what's gonna be there all I know is it's in driving distance and I want to cosplay. I want to go as sub-zero from Mortal Kombat. Is this a poor choice? Like out of theme you know? I am too scared to do an anime cosplay.
>>
>>8822224
Just cosplay whatever you want. People at all cons are usually extremely accepting of anything you might wear. If you want to do anime, so anime. If you want to do Mortal Kombat, do Mortal Kombat. Just make sure you like what you're wearing, you'll have way more fun.
>>
>Has open slots in the room my friends and I are sharing for Katsu
>Sees person's ad

"Anybody got a room for Katsu? Me and my boyfriend really need one!"

>Continues scrolling

Hey, if you got a boyfriend, or you're a lesbian, you should have been on your game from the beginning.
>>
>>8822000
>first year con
>questionable organizer
>middle of a snow storm
So. How much of a disaster is this going to be?
>>
I'm really late to this party, but I've never been to this con before and I'm coming from SoCal. This might seem like a really stupid question, but what sorts of "winter" wear should I bring to keep my weak west coast ass warm? Unfortunately the only cosplay I can easily bring is one that has my arms and torso exposed, so I've just reasoned to layer where I can and drink my way through the rest of the discomfort if the people I'm rooming with insist on taking frequent outdoor trips.
>>
>>8822850
Bring your a heavy winter coat and check it in the coat check. They keep the hotel and indoor areas well heated to the point where you can wear a t shirt and shorts and still be perfectly fine. But once you walk out that door, the wind chill will tear your ass up something fierce.
>>
>>8822903
Listen to this guy

Last year I decided to walk down to the CVS near the hotel with my friend. I was in a cosplay that just consisted of a hoodie, vest and jeans. I was freezing my ass off the entire walk and it was a short damn walk. What makes the hotel area colder is the fact it's close to the water so you better bring a heavy ass coat or wear thermals.
>>
>>8822850
Depends on the weather that year. I've walked around National Harbor at night with bare arms and legs, and I've walked around National Harbor in the middle of the day in a peacoat. I'm from Michigan though.
>>
>>8822850
I'm from Socal too and last year was my first Katsu; all the winter wear you have probably won't keep you warm enough at all if you decide to go outside. Not even the one you take to go skiing in the mountains. Unless you for some reason have an actual winter coat, which is unlikely since the weather doesn't really get cold enough in socal to warrant one, just bring your warmest shit and hide inside the hotel all weekend
>>
This is my first Katsucon. Where do they typically post photoshoot times and locations? Does the con have a hand in organizing them or are they purely fan run?
>>
>>8823665
Purely fan run, and managed through Coscom because of tradition or something.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=356545
>>
anyone still hunting for a room? need one or two people for my room at the gaylord.
>>
>>8822848
I'm still going but I'm so excited to see this unfold. I want to watch the disappointment in the organizers and hysteria when we are all snowed in. I'M SO EXCITED
>>
>>8823692
Coscom? You easterns are old school, huh? Kek
>>
>>8823998
Not sure if I'll be able to make it to the con, but I'm curious as to what the price would be
>>
Odd question but do the Gaylord rooms have fans in the bathroom? Literally the worst is listening to hung over people throw up in the bathroom because there's no fans to drown out the noise.
>>
>>8822848
Second time not going and second time major blizzard. Well, then.
>>
>>8822850

20 layers.
Your nose and ears will be the first immediate cold areas.
Thermal leggings under pants, thick socks, belly warmer, scarf, beanie that covers the ears or earmuffs, THICK ASS snow gloves, or hell even a ski mask.

MOST IMPORTANT. If you're getting a coat, make sure it's LONG enough to cover your butt. Trust me.
No hoodies as the wind will blow into them and fuck all.

LIP BALM.
>>
>>8822903
>>8823116
>>8822905
>>8824342
Thanks for the tips guys. I overheat very easily and I'm usually the furnace my friends cling to to stay warm over here, so it'll be strange to actually feel cold for once. That aside, I'm hoping my grandma or my aunt still have fur coats laying around from when they lived in Jersey. Otherwise I guess my ass is stuck wearing 6 layers of thermal tights and cut up tops under my cosplay.
>>
>>8822903

Most of the time cons seem warmer because of the number of people. I mean i'm going to Katsu as Shinjiro from P3, so i'm worried i might bake in my coat.
>>
>>8822224

I was like that too at one point. Katsu two years ago was my first con. Despite being labled as "anime cons" they won't throw you out for cosplaying video games or comic books. I went as Setzer from FF6 and it was great.
>>
>>8824305
i'm pretty sure they do but don't quote me on that
>>
>>8824749
>>8824305
There are two areas to the bathrooms. The toilet and shower with a door to them and the sinks. There is no fan in either of these rooms.
>>
File: 59SIN2g.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
59SIN2g.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Is anyone coming from SE Michigan?

My ride bailed on me so I'm looking for new options.
>>
Last year I had the time of my life MST3King a late-night marathon of School Days with some dudes, but after I left I realized I should've asked them to hang out or get drinks or something and I didn't.

Such is the life of a wizard :/
>>
File: IMG_0387.png (211KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.png
211KB, 600x300px
>>8809865
>tfw all you want in life is to spit roast Purblind with another anon

I wish I was going to Katsucon this year.
>>
>>8824198
About 180 from Thursday to Sunday. If you're a bit more interested I'll give you a throwaway email we can talk more over
>>
File: 43.jpg (37KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
37KB, 540x540px
>>8824452
>fur coats

Jesus anon, you're not going on an arctic expedition. National Harbor in February is typically low of 30F, high of 50F, with outlier lows of 10F and outlier highs of 65F. There's usually wind chill.

Just throwing a ski jacket or heavy wool peacoat on over a t-shirt will not keep you warm. You need a closer fitting layer (long-sleeve shirt, sweater, sweatshirt, fleece if it's really cold or you're a pussy) between you and the overcoat. If you remember to put a close-fitting layer under your ski jacket or heavy wool coat, and you're wearing jeans on the bottom, you'll be perfectly fine making a run to CVS or Elevation Burger. If you don't have a ski jacket or heavy wool coat, you need at least one layer that's warm and dense and one layer that's windproof, and to layer with all the fleece and wool you own. Cotton is worthless in this struggle.

If you plan to spend a lot of time outside, add 1) a hat that covers your ears (cold ears in the wind hurt, and you lose a lot of body heat through your head), 2) thick socks and/or decent boots (people forget about this, but the cold will seep through thin-soled shoes), 3) gloves (unless you want to keep your hands in your pockets the whole time you're outside), and 4) a scarf or something to to tuck between your neck and your jacket. The gloves and hat can't be shitty loose-knit things, they have to be something dense like fleece. If you have all these things, plus a windproof ski jacket or heavy wool coat over a close-fitting layer, you should be able to stay outside indefinitely. The name of the game is minimizing the amount of skin exposed to the cold, and plugging up places that wind could get into your jacket.

If you're cosplaying and can't wear pants, wear thigh-high socks (easy to take on and off, minimizes exposed skin) or warm-weather tights (sweater tights, fleece lined tights). Earmuffs aren't as warm as hats, but they'll fuck your wig up less.
>>
New thread since we're in auto sage

>>8825330
>>8825330
>>
>>8822136
Personally I love them. Big thing to watch out for is underage drinking and illicit drugs. We have a medical department who usually covers that department. But you'll see badges pulled and police involved with everyone in a room if you have someone underage near alcohol.
>>
>>8821822
Yes they are allowed to charge when not working on their shift.
>>
File: they-mad-they-stay-mad.jpg (27KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
they-mad-they-stay-mad.jpg
27KB, 500x348px
>>8826570
Don't even bother responding. I love the taste of their tears.

All they do is bitch and bitch, to no effect. :)
>>
>>8826570
Press are allowed to charge too
>>
Would Katsu still go on if a snowstorm like this came through during con weekend?
>no metro running
>canceled flights
>snow emergencies
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.