[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ikkicon Thread #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 20

File: ikkiconlogo16.png (187KB, 800x239px) Image search: [Google]
ikkiconlogo16.png
187KB, 800x239px
Katherine Mary vs Hioshi Jackson edition.

First one his bump limit.
>>
*Hit bump limit

My bad
>>
Hioshi Jackson the lying fraudster who just got BTFO on Twitter by ProJared and Sheena Oum?
>>
i think this shit is hilarious to be honest. I went on one of his "Interviews" and he says he quote. "Has his agent make all of his props." Im pretty sure he just had one of his friends ask him some random questions nothing really pertaining to current projects or workshops like the description. He deleted me off facebook before he could beat me to it.I really hope hioshi is reading every single one of these because he literally doesnt fool anyone.
>>
Been watching the whole thing unfold over the last 12 hours. The samuraititans feed is like a car crash.
>>
>>8795642
Did they delete their Facebook page?
>>
>>8795650
nah they probably blocked you.
>>
>>8795653
Pages can only block you if you have their page liked first. They can't do anything if you don't have their page liked.
>>
>>8795671
I don't think pages can be private either right?
>>
Hey /cgl/
I'm not a poster or lurker here ever but I'm getting kind of pissed about this and was wondering if people knew anything about Ikkicon's past history of General Financial Skeeviness and The Great Kira Kira Moe Debacle of 2012.
I mean, If these things are common knowledge, please at least take a moment to reflect on them. I love people hating on Ikkicon.
>>
I heard he inspired god to make Jesus
>>
Requesting video of the cosplay contest. pls respond
>>
>>8795702
Seconding that
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-04-06-48-20.jpg (2MB, 1080x5544px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-04-06-48-20.jpg
2MB, 1080x5544px
>>8795631
Sheena has no room to fucking talk since she is still accepting funds for Montys death while she is riding some guys cock.

Also I have never meet someone so obsessed with this bullshit
>>
Aaaaand he's been dropped by samurai titans
>>
>>8795819
What, is she meant to become a nun now or some shit? She's allowed to find someone else.
>>
>>8795826
Of course, but turn the gofundme off.
I think 260k in one year was more then enough to cover montys hospital bill from her killing him.
>>
>>8795846
Did she at least get the cat? Be a shame if he died for nothing.
>>
>>8795819
lol why are you friends with the guy if you're gonna whine later about his posts? just unfriend him dude

that being said, this thread isnt about sheena or the guy who posted it, its about hioshi/ikkicon and the girl who said she was assaulted. Idk who katherine mary is but the only time i saw hioshi was during his weird award presentation at the contest. this is all so boring desu
>>
>>8795853
>totally clueless

Yeah it is about Sheena. It's scam artist vs scam artist. The irony here is one murdered thier and the other is some autistic black kid being used by some cosplay of heros wannabe trying jump start his waning efame. The autistic kid is the one you all freak out about but you defend the cunt that is still raking in money off her dead husbands death fund a year later.
>>
>>8795849
Better have been one of those hybrid serval cats
>>
>>8795869
*their spouse*
>>
>>8795853
Katherine Mary is the girl who said she was assaulted. Keep up desu senpai

>>8795869
Truu
>>
>>8795869
You're still deflecting though. All autism aside, he's still lying and buying his way onto cosplay guest lists, and that's a load of horseshit, I don't care about the RWBY shit and that Carl is the one who posted all the info we were already talking about in the last thread into a master post. He's a liar. That some of the people calling him out are less than perfect should have no bearing.
And as much as I disliked both Sheena and Monty, what the fuck are you on about saying she killed him?
>>
>>8796011
He died because he had a bad reaction to an allergy test she made him get because she wanted a cat
>>
>>8796051
While that's tragic, I still don't see how it's her "fault." And it's not relevant to Ikkicon or Hioshi Jackson.
>>
>>8795631
Why did it take so long to out his lies? He's had the same bio for a long time now.
>>
>>8796102
You haven't been reading what's going on lately, have you?
>>
>>8796105
ProJared stepped up, everything went downhill from there.
>>
>>8796011
Hi Carl. Still a nobody trying to grasp on the last of your artificial Yaya fame still?
>>
>>8796114
Who the fuck cares who is posting it. The liar is being outed. It's hilarious how much you are defending Hioshi.
>>
>>8795683
What is the Kira Kira drama? I know the gist through the archives and was wondering if there were more details?
>>
>>8796105
What cons has he actually legitimately been a "guest" at.
>>
>>8796105
>>8796113
Clearly it needed a washed up e-celeb to point it out
>>
>>8796113

This exactly. I know a few people who have tried to call him out, but got no where because they aren't efamous. It took longer than it should have to stop the guy, but at least something was done.
>>
>>8796147

On his own merits? None that I know. If SamuraiTitans was there then he got guest status through them "sponsoring" the con.
>>
>>8795683
I know everything about the kira kira moe debacle.
the maids were being idiots and then got butthurt when it backfired, so there's not much to it, but if you want specifics, please ask.
As far as financial skeeviness, what do you mean, because accepting a sponsorship is very common and accepted. Just because Ikki fucked up and labeled him as a guest in the program guide doesn't indicate any illicit behavior.
>>
>>8795846
have you ever seen a hospital bill for a terminal patient?
>>
>>8796179

Sponsorship is normal. Buying your way into guest status is not. Fabricating your entire bio is also not normal.
>>
>>8796179
I was under the the impression that an attendee or staff member was disappointed in the maid cafe, threw a tantrum and got Kira Kira replaced. What constitutes as the "maids being idiots and then got butthurt?"
>>
>>8796179
tldr, I thought someone threw a tantrum and got the maids replaced?
>>
>>8796183
They flat out called him a sponsor at the show, not a guest.
Did he even have any panels?
other than being lumped under the section of guests in the program guide, what "guest status" did he have?

I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong. I'm saying he did everything wrong, except for the program guide, which you should rightfully be mad at ikki for.
>>
>>8796184
>>8796205
Sorry for the double post, I had a connection error.
>>
>>8796184
the maids were staging a walkout before they got replaced because they were unhappy with some policy or procedure dispute (you're typical issues with outside contractors, things like what gets compensated, what doesn't, hours, etc)
Then when they found out that they were dismissed due to their intent not to show up anyways, they threw a hissy fit.
>>
>>8796212
>you're
I am deeply sorry for this most heinous of all typos.
I meant your
>>
>>8796184
Slashing staff members tires.
>>
I'm still waiting on the contest video. The scam guy seems to of taken the beating and vanished
>>
>>8796117
Except anon is not defending him, even called him autistic. Anon is just pointing out that some people are taking advantage of the drama to further their own cosfame like a bunch of fucking buzzards while preaching about community.
>>
>>8796181
Yeah I have, a month long stay that end terminally actually. Monty had some pretty hefty life insurance to cover 70 percent of it, including his life savings. 50K was all was needed for his final expenses. She is riding the pig at this point.
>>
>>8796212
That's the story! Except they weren't actually staging a walkout: the member who suggested it was a mole. She had just joined in the past couple months, no one agreed with her, and everyone is pretty sure Melissa got the proof of planned sabotage in their private forums from the person who posted them.
She had tried to pull a bunch of "well, you need _ by the con or we can't have you!", which didn't work because they just got whatever she demanded of them, much to their surprise.
Oh, and the whole "someone was complaining" was that she posted in Ikki's forums as an attendee who had a bad experience with KKM, but got found out from IP checks.

Regardless of the truth, that's what happens when you hire a maid cafe full of fucking high schoolers. The first year KKM went to Ikki, the founder was still in high school, and almost all the maids were younger than her.
>>
>>8796114
Hi Hioshi, still a piece of shit?
>>
>>8796170
SamuraiTitans was supposed to be a sponsor for Anime North Texas too, but come con weekend, they don't show up to set up booth.
>>
>>8796380
I didn't see them at ikki either or maybe I just wasn't looking for them
>>
>>8796352
Hioshi can't spell or type for shit. That's not him sperglord.
>>
Adding onto the Kira Kira dramu,

1- Average age of maids was 15
2- ikkicon counted their money in front of them, they wanted them to keep accounts on which bills went in, and which went out for financial accounting reasons. They were upset because of it.
3- They decided they were going to walk out.
4- A member snitched on them and told Melissa, and Michael.
5- that member said she would take over maid cafe directly as a new department under ikkicon.
6- KKM leader posts video complaining and literally crying.
7- New maid cafe manager, 17, gets flown out to Japan for vacation compliments of ikkicon, as thanks.
8- new maid cafe sucks, doesn't profit.
9- she steps down
10- new one is pretty good
>>
>>8796380
Well, ANT and Ikkicon are run by the same people.
>>
>>8796255
How the fuck do you even know all this or are you just making shit up as you go along?
>>
>>8796600
No they aren't. ANT is owned by someone else, and most of the staff is different.
>>
>>8796165
while what he did was wrong, all the people attacking him on twitter right now is really fucking immature
>>
>>8796600
Ikkicon just runs Anime Overload. Think there's just some same staff.

>>8796570
Like 90% sure the snitch was the one who planted the idea of the walkout in the first place.
Then again I may just think it was an unpopular idea because everyone I knew in KKM was opposed, but I was only hanging out with the smartest 16 year olds. It was high school, there were some petty fuckers in there. Now I'm most curious what Martha thought about it.

Haven't been to the new maid cafe, but they all look cute. Didn't buy their outfits for $30 at a Halloween sale, for sure.
>>
>>8796640

You reap what you sow
>>
>>8796638
Incorrect. ANT is co-owned by both the owner of Ikkicon, and some figure/merchant seller. You are correct that's it's staffed by ikkicon.
>>
>>8796658
Ikkicon owner is the majority owner of ANT though.
>>
Haven't found the video I was sure it'd be on youtube by now but any updates on landwhale screaming harassment?
>>
>>8796640
No it isn't, it's fucking hilarious
>>
Carl and Hioshi are going to be on radio together tonight talking about this apparaently
>>
>>8796687
What fucking radio station is willing to put on 2 cosplayers? Is this internet radio or legitimate radio?
>>
>>8796691
it's a legit station like some night show or something trying to gather more info
>>
>>8796694
This is the most shocking think I've read so far
>>
>>8796687
Now he's going to put radio personality on his rep sheet
>>
>>8796698
top kekery there
>>
>>8796629
Does it make you jealous that I know and I'm not even a die hard RWBY fan? I mean comon dude, the only people still in the dark are the diehards that won't accept reality despite being told repeatedly what happened.
>>
>>8796687
Why do I get this weird feeling this was a collaboration between the two?
>>
>>8796755
nah not buying that for a second
>>
>>8796755
I highly doubt it. What's much more likely is that a local radio station picked up on the dramu since Rooster Teeth is involved and is striking while the iron is hot. Carl didn't even make the initial callout post, ProJared did. Carl organized the scattered information into a single post after that, and that's when it really took off.
>>
>>8796051
Maybe he wanted a cat too, did you ever think of that? I work with dogs despite being allergic to specific dander. Doesnt mean I love dogs any less than the next person. I take meds accordingly, but saying she forced him to get a cat is ridiculous. So he has to do everything she says? There are plenty of things I want but that doesn't mean my husband will give them to me. Come back to reality, will you?
>>
>>8796771
well projared asked him to help complie it
>>
>>8796779
Yeah, I know, but the point is that if this was a collaboration to stir up fake drama, ProJared wouldn't have ever made his shorter post in the first place - there'd have been no real reason to.
>>
>>8796671

Seconding. I really wanna see this "assault" go down.
>>
>>8796560
They were in a side room near where the tea party was hosted. Come Sunday the place smelled pretty musty
>>
Is anyone listening to this guy?
>>
>>8796181
An allergy test is not being terminally ill.
>>
>>8796943
Just finished listening, holy shit what an autist and a shithole
Carl was obviously nervous but he still sounded vaguely coherent and knowledgeable on the subject, Hioshi just rambled about how he doesn't maintain his mediocre social media and that the whole RWBY thing was a "misunderstanding" because a "friend" who "knew Monty really well" lied about the character being modeled after him. There was something in there about being offered voicework from RT but I couldn't quite understand it through the mumbling and my physical pain of listening to him speak.
>>
>>8795869
noone cares about the old rumors though she really wants an apology considering she burned all her bridges back in canada
>>
>>8796754
Does it make you jealous that I'm not even an RWBY fan and I know for a fact you are full of shit? Get your life together, boy.
>>
>>8796951
He was claiming someone scammed him and told him they wanted him to do the voice. He recorded lines and paid them 1800 bucks.

I think he just gets scammed a lot.
>>
>>8796967
Kinda weird they'd scam a talentless average looking dude? Nah, this dude is the ringleader of his own circus.
>>
Still waiting on that cosplay contest footage. pls respond cgl.
>>
>>8796987
Nah, he's the perfect target to scam because he's delusional enough to think that people actually give a shit about him. The bigger issue is the fact that he literally blames everything on everyone else around him and can't assume any responsibility for himself.
He and Jebus should be best buds.
>>
I'm amazed Josh didn't bring up the shit about him not speaking English well because he was born in Japan or the shit about how his dealings with Monty were super secret, so secret that even Monty's own wife didn't know because... you know, there are some conversations you have about your creations with people who were trying to get your autograph and they impress you so much with their cock bulges that you just HAVE to write them in to your series.

I didn't think it was possible that someone could be as delusional about their life as Pixiteri, but it looks like our Queen has a new King.

He will forever be Pixioshi Jackson to me.
>>
>>8796967
Ironic justice
>>
>>8797143
You okay anon? Do you need to sit down and take a breather for a moment?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451970636049.jpg (53KB, 880x533px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451970636049.jpg
53KB, 880x533px
>>8797159
>>
>>8797143
But, but ackson can do it in one day! Why can't youuuuuu.
>>
File: used up my bernanaba stickers.jpg (11KB, 425x396px) Image search: [Google]
used up my bernanaba stickers.jpg
11KB, 425x396px
>>8797161
>>
File: c38.png (86KB, 367x658px) Image search: [Google]
c38.png
86KB, 367x658px
>>8796999
God thank you someone brought this up. So full of shit about being from Japan and shit. HIS NAME IS JOSH!!!!
>>
>>8797270
just doing my part
>>
Why are all TX con threads 100% drama? I guess I'm late to this thread, but is it common for other states and provinces too or just this one?
>>
>>8797273
Hioshi is just gibberish in Japanese anyways lawl.
>>
>>8797283

We just have a high concentration of cons compared to other states. It's kinda par for the course.

Though you'll find that those causing drama are a small pool of people that stir up old drama or create new drama for whatever reason.
>>
>>8797331
Did you copy this from Florida's list of drama excuses?
>>
File: DSC00515.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00515.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
If anyone is interested in seeing the youth and Novice cosplayers from the show, I posted a video. Sadly, my battery sucks, so I don't have anything after that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbaoC-wK4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbaoC-wK4g
>>
>>8796996
Agree with this. Met him at Pax South last year, and he thought his costume was the shit and that he was the absolute best thing there. Wouldnt be shocked if he was scammed or if he's just claiming he was because of all the backlash
>>
Any idea when they'll upload the pictures from the photobooth to their site?
>>
>>8797534

Nope. Coincidence i guess? Though admittedly I don't follow Florida drama since I don't attend cons there.
>>
>>8797870
It usually takes them a few days to get through everything. Find Filmshooter Photography online, that's where they'll be.
>>
>>8797919
Thanks kind Anon!
>>
>>8795819
THANK YOU. I just started a thread about this trying to figure out what is up with this guy.

Why is he so crazy obsessed with this shit? Like he just cannot fucking stand the idea this guy may have gotten one over on a few small shitty cons.WHO CARES.

Scrolling back through his history he ONLY talks about cosplay or things related to cosplay. I don't think he works and as it was said on the other thread by a friend of his..........I don't think he has anything else to do.
>>
>>8796687
The show is literally a show about whatever. Its a small show in st louis, the guys sound like they go to anime st louis.
>>
>>8797983
He really was very proud of himself about the whole interview.
>>
>>8796658
Ant staff is all dfw locals. Just because some people work multiple shows doesnt mean anything. Security, av, and more are outside contractors anyways.
>>
>>8796946
He died, didnt he?
>>
>>8795617
The people who pay the bills for ANT are Ikkicon Mike along with Steve Lin of Anime Pavilion.

It doesn't matter who runs it or where they're from. It matters who owns it. There's no one based in DFW who backs ANT with their money except who is listed above.

Stop trying to justify anon. It is fairly obvious who runs it.
>>
>>8797854
>he's just claiming he was

The best way to get out of a lie is to say you got scammed.
>>
>>8797987
I mean if you had a debate (or in this case a he said she said) and you sounded more knowledgeable than your opponent, wouldnt you be cocky too?
>>
>>8798000
>it doesn't matter who runs it

Yes it does. That's actually all that matters. If the person owning it is footing the bill, but most of the decisions are made by the staff then how does it matter who owns it?
>>
I had fun, the con was great. There seemed to be less to do, but it was still fun. There were some good panels, I made some new friends, and I really enjoyed the game room. There were some awesome players there for smash. Shout out to Marshie, that was the most killer yoshi game play I have ever seen. I read through every post in this thread and I gotta say, if people want to bitch this much, just do not go. Con was fun, little but smaller than I would have liked, but it was fun, and I did honestly like the new hotel location a lot.
>>
>>8797988
No they're not. Half the staff is from down south and moved up or they go back and forth.
>>
>>8796993
You need to wait.
If you wanted it that fast since you don't do anything else all day, you could have went to do it yourself. Ungrateful, brat.
>>
>>8797990

A sudden death. Terminally ill means you'll need be sick for quite a while with no cure. Like cancer.
>>
>>8798442
Whoever was the bartender at your party was awesome btw. Forgot his name but he was really nice and made kickass drinks. I had fun at Ikki because I made new friends and made the best of it. Plus I pretty much only went for the lolita stuff and was really impressed with all of the lolita programming.
>>
>>8795636
Another person spoke out on him
http://sakekitty.tumblr.com/post/136680764501/shinkastudios-im-writing-this-to-bring-to
>>
>>8798588
he died.
I said terminal.
stop adding "illness" to it.
>>
>>8798569
I think you are confused.
their registration staff, cosplay staff, security staff, programming staff, and various one person staff heads (like volunteer head, ops, etc) is all DFW people.
Not sure where you're getting the idea they're from Austin. Other than the guy on top and maybe some random bottom level volunteers, I can't think of a any.
>>
>>8798945
This person seems just as delusional.
>>
>>8797331
So does Michigan (albeit a lot of small ones), but there's not nearly as much drama there. There's gotta be some other factors that play into it, too.
>>
>>8798279
Diff anon
I would say it matters as a business, but Ikkiicon, Anime Overload, Anime Bento (all mike) are not licenses business in the state of Texas. He's been using an expired number for YEARS for hotel negotiations. Because it's not a business, he doesn't pay taxes on it (illegal). Literally every upper level staff member knows this, but we keep our mouths shut.

But that's none of my business.
>>
I don't know guys, I had a lot of fun with it, talked with a cool guy in the entrance at the vendors that I bought some stuff from.
>>
>>8798945
"It’s my belief that no one should lie, cheat, and steal in this community in order to get places. We’re a community of friends and creators who thrive on positivity and we can’t let this kind of toxic behavior represent us. Let’s set a precedent of condemning this unacceptable behavior."

This reeks of efame trolling, but also sounds like someone who has never been to a con. We do not thrive on positivity. We have a tmz website to talk shit about people.
>>
Ikkicon's maid cafe was a waste of money.

I went to the 18+, which I was told a boyband would be doing a drag show for $20, which is $5 more than normal shows. I'm all for drag performances, but it turned out to just be ONE guy with a big wig dancing. He was trying to be cute/sexy, but it wasn't really doing it for me. Two songs weren't even very 18+, and one of them was a repeat that they later performed again at the cosplay contest. I hold my drag to a high level of sassy professionalism, and this guy was just not cutting it.

When we entered, the space wasn't completely cleaned up from the last session, so there was trash on all the tables. Disgusting.

Our fruit cups didn't arrive until someone at our table asked about it. Our maid apologized and offered to refund for that mistake, but obviously when you ask if your customer wants a $20 refund for just late fruit cups, people will be polite and decline the refund. If I knew how meh everything would be later, I'd have asked for a refund then. We were the last to receive our ramen and deserts. Ramen was literally hot water-instacrap. Most embarrassing, they ran out of forks/spoons, so when we got our food, we couldn't even eat it. Honestly, at this point, the maid probably should've offered the refund again, but she wasn't even around the visible room.

Deserts were served on a white styro plate, and everything cute (instafluff) was kind of melted. *theytried*.

Several times, I saw guests stand up, walk over with their cups, and help themselves to the lemonade/water pitchers. If I were working the cafe, this would be the most embarrassing thing ever.

It was like the maids were non-existent.
Our maid saw us all of about two minutes within the hour+. There was no experience where I felt like I had the maid's attention.

TLDR; Ikkicon maid cafe has no maids. Not worth.

Also FYI, I'm female. I swing both ways. I like attention from cute people. Bite me.
>>
>>8796946
Nope, but having a bad reaction to it can be, and in this case, was
>>
>>8799296
In an ideal world, but sadly the cosplay con world is full of scammers with sob stories on why you should give them money for their gofundmes, patrons, and whatever the next scam is. Everyone sucks that they can't be famous in real-life so they settle for con life to be a cosplay guest and rake in as much as they can without drawing too much attention to get hit with any copyright/trademark suits.
>>
>>8798584
To be fair, Ikkicon 8's cosplay show was never uploaded.
>>
>>8796137

Some maid group was butthurt about how the dealings with their contract went and cried about it on the internet. they made a bunch of posts and videos of themselves crying in order to try to hurt Ikkicon for not booking them.
>>
>>8796293
Who is Melissa?
>>
>>8796654
Ikkicon owns
>ANT
>AO

They owned at one point but not anymore
>Louisianime
>Brony Fan Fair
>>
>>8797988
Volunteer for both the ANT heads are the same pretty much but the smaller divisions are run by locals
>>
>>8799503
One of the coordinators on staff, I think.
>>
>>8799012
The reg head and merch head were the same at ANT and Ikki and I am pretty sure the people in both of those were the same
>>
>>8799082
A lot of people are claiming to be upper management for this con
>>
>>8799526
They watch cgl like hawks.
>>
>>8799522
Ex-staff. Use to be Mike's right hand person. Bailed.
>>
>>8799507
No, Ikkicon and Anime Overload are under the same company. ANT is its own entity. The first two have a sole owner, but ANT has additional owners, and therefore is run separately.

Can we please get back to the real important discussion, how batshit insane this Hioshi guy is?
>>
>>8799622
I was approached by Hioshi about my opinions and a video I posted this morning. Apparaently wanting to have a meeting with a small time troll like me or something.
>>
>>8798442
Anonymous forums are excellent for producing criticism and banter, none of the compliments generate replies because it's easier to be negative
>>
File: DSC00499.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00499.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
I thought that the convention was all right, and only just discovered all of this controversy after the fact. Not to be rude to the people who are here just for the drama, but is it cool to post cosplay pics? I could do that in another post... I guess.
>>
>>8800474
I'd enjoy some pics, the past two threads have been mostly drama so far and I think it's over for now anyway.
>>
>>8800474
dump them
>>
>>8799710
He posted a response video...
I can't believe he apologizes that his dick is too big.
>>
File: P1140746.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P1140746.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Was it just me, or were there a lot of fursuiters at the convention? I suppose it could have been the same people over and over again in different costumes, but it felt like everywhere I looked there they were. Not bashing furries, and it had been a few years since my last IKKiCON, but is that typical for this convention?
>>
>>8800506
There were more than usual, I noticed that too. They all seemed polite and well behaved though.
I saw several with the heads off and they were either kids or very young teenagers so I think that was probably why they were not rowdy.
>>
>>8800506
Yeah, pretty typical for it and San Japan. There's just a significant furry population for central Texas.
>>
>>8799525
The reg head is a dfw guy.
You might be right about merch. I don't buy merch.
I'm not saying ikki doesnt use people from dfw. I don't know a lot of their staff. But ANT is definitely 90% locals.
>>
File: P1140790.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P1140790.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Gotcha. I typically only see maybe 3 or 4 at a convention, tops... so wanted to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.
>>
File: IMG_20160103_241042784.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_241042784.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
I loved seeing all of the Sailor Moon cosplay. It's crazy to think that a show as old as it is, is getting so much love lately.
>>
File: P1140934.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P1140934.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_20160106_214356.jpg (1MB, 1523x2481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_214356.jpg
1MB, 1523x2481px
I'm a pretty conservative female at any rate, but I probably would have let this Alucard do terrible things to me.
>>
>>8800551
Thank you for the picture!
>>
File: IMG_20160105_064347.jpg (212KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_064347.jpg
212KB, 720x960px
>>
File: IMG_20160101_122610.jpg (2MB, 1678x2982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_122610.jpg
2MB, 1678x2982px
>>
File: IMG_20160106_215101.jpg (2MB, 1678x2982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_215101.jpg
2MB, 1678x2982px
>>
>>8800539
It's been streaming new episodes weekly on Hulu for a year and a half. Plus Crystal.
>>
File: IMG_20160106_215201.jpg (2MB, 1678x2982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_215201.jpg
2MB, 1678x2982px
>>
File: IMG_20160106_215252.jpg (1MB, 1678x2982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_215252.jpg
1MB, 1678x2982px
>>
File: P1140945.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P1140945.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>8800582
I'm aware. It's still pretty awesome though.
>>
>>8800502
I need to see this for cringe reasons.
>>
>>8800736
he went and made it private after I saw it tried to dig it out but to no avial but i have some interesting screencaps and such
>>
>>8800775
Please post.
>>
>>8800643

That Sailor Moon's dress is gorgeous, so perfect. I've been trying to find a good commissioner for it, but no one ever has the details right...

WTB her version please.
>>
>>8800933
Well it's mostly just him and his friends shit talking me and showing they have no grasp on english grammar whatsoever.
>>
>>8800775
Looks like he put it back up? I think he was trying to prove something to someone by deleting it... And then reuploading it?
>>
>>8801000
That sailor moon dress was bought at the store. I asked her about it at the con. I was so disappointed, but you know.
>>
>>8801357
>>8801000
It's a wedding dress she altered.
>>
>>8801472
Eh, I'm not impressed, but it's whatever. Making dresses for 7 years does that. since you know her, why was she crying? Everyone at the meetup was scared and putoff of her.
>>
>>8801151
it was shots at me more than likely
>>
>>8801550
You the other one making videos? You both come off as colossal children.
>>
>>8801555
Because they are.
>>
>>8801505
I don't know her, but I think the dude in >>8800551 is her ex? Someone from that group is in this thread, ask them.
>>
>>8799622
FYI

Ikkicon- Mike 100% owner
Anime Overload- Mike 100% owner
ANT- Mike 66% majority owner

Louisianime- beginning-2014 Mike 66% owner. 2015+ Melissa majority owner.
Anime Austin- Melissa 100% owner buyin.

Brony Fanfare- beg-2014 Mike 33% 2015+ some Asian dude owns it all now.
Ushicon- Asian dude and Melissa.

There are other cons both Melissa and Mike have stakes in, but not majority.

Anyone who can subliment brony and ushi would be appreciated, as those dates and names are all heard through grapevine.
>>
>>8801642
Anime austin was not buyin, that was Louisiamine. My bad
>>
>>8801642
Please don't act like you know anything. Mike hasn't been an owner of Louisianime since its first year. He sold after year one. They announced new owners in year 2, how do people still think this?!

I'm also pretty sure Melissa has no hand and has never had one in Ushicon.
>>
>>8801660
Oh yeah, Peter was in Louisianime. He's always easy to forget.

I've heard a few people use Melissa name in regards to ushi. Perhaps she is is just upper staff?
>>
>>8801713
No he wasn't. Please just stop talking.
>>
>>8801642
where the hell are you getting your information, convention fanfiction?
Seriously, only two of those things are correct.
>>
>>8801642
Peter did BFF last year, it crashed and burned and so he switched to... ushicon i think? Dunno.
>>
>>8801757
Different anon. I've been monitoring and laughing at all the incorrect info.

Correct, also...
For the year of 2015 he was AN owner for Louisianime until he sold his rights to Melissa AFTER the 2015 con.
Louisianime then diverged. In Louisianime's old location, a convention called LAG- Louisiana anime and gaming (effectively same people with a few exceptions) is taking place.
Louisianime is retaing most post 2015 staff and owners (minus peter) and is moving to Baton Rouge.

I'm not touching on ikki, ant, AO, etc because yall are all mostly right, but are arguing semantics. Sounds like you all are staff?
>>
>>8801820
Maybe you shouldn't be if you can't even get it right either. Peter has never been involved in Louisianime.

What does a con in Louisiana have to do with fucking Ikkicon at this point? Mike hasn't been involved in 6 years.

Does anyone have any pictures or something? Stories?/anything related to the con we should be talking about to get things back on track?
>>
>>8801850
The balloon guy made awesome stuff this year.
>>
>>8799004
That's still not terminal at all
>>
>>8801850

Stories?
Well, it involves Mike and Peter so you probably don't want to hear it.
>>
>>8802023
Droopy dino was very sad though.
>>
I've never been to these threads before, but I was itching to see what the 4chan consensus was.

I expected drama, but not that much. I've heard things though from friends that work the maid cafe. Had a ton of fun but the con was definitely a bit small and the dealer's room was tiny with a crap selection. 18+ panels were solid comedy gold.
>>
>>8802192
Small?
You must be spoiled by San Japan or anime Matsuri.
>>
>>8802266
compared to at the hilton, at least. Those are also the only other two made it to last year. Is it true Matsuri gets the entire fucking boat this year?
>>
>>8802266
Well the dealers room and artists alley at the old hotel were indeed larger than what we got this year.
>>
The venue space is actually larger this year, and there were at least as many people as last year, but yeah, they definitely had less vendor space.
Everything was closer together, so I think it felt smaller, and the individual rooms were smaller but I think there were more of them.
There was at least one room they only had for a couple hours Saturday, so next year they might rearrange stuff.
>>
>>8802300
>The venue space is actually larger this year,
But we had three whole floors of venue space previously and multiple large panel rooms for shit. Not even talking about the dealers room.
>>
>>8802192
The Venue made the con look small, but from what I heard, ikkicon grew in attendees from last year. they broke 10k considerably. I havent heard the official number.
>>
>>8802371
Main events was much bigger than at the hilton
the dealer's room was technically larger, but when you take out all the lost space due to those pillars, it was probably just under the hilton's size.
Due to the hilton's tall ceilings, a lot of rooms looked larger than they were.
The maid cafe was much larger this year though.
>>
>>8802462
I think for me, the fact that you could walk around the whole con in less than five minutes and see everything is what made it feel small. And since it was too cold to hang out outside much (at least for me, I'm a weenie), it just made the con feel kind of cramped. Physically it might have been comparable to the Hilton, but it definitely made the con feel small.
>>
>>8802631
I had a jacket on, I was fine. It definitely felt like there were fewer rooms to see, at least.
>>
>>8801642
>>8801660
>>8801713
>>8801820
>>8801850

A few years back Peter volunteered for Louisianime, and Mike used to work at Lousianime for their dealer's room. Maybe that is why people get confused? The only connection between the two conventions was a staffing one, and I believe that Melissa is no longer at Ikki-con anymore? Figured that out by the Anime Austin post that like, no one posted in. And Melissa bought one of the two guys shares who bought it after Mike.
>>
>>8803322
How about some history.

2009 - Lousianime was created by Mike. It doesn't do too well in its first year. Mike sells it to Kevin K. who later brings in a business partner named David S. Kevin decides he wants out after 2015. He sells the company to David and Melissa along with Mark in 2015. Mike was still on for Lousianime for a while as he ran the Dealer Room over the years.

BFF - Started by Mike in 2012. Peter is later brought on to be the chairman. Mike sells the con to Peter after 2013. Peter runs it for one more year who then folds it after 2014 since the MLP TX ship was sinking.

Ushicon - Peter was tapped to run it in 2015 as the original owner decides to let others run it for them. Peter never owned Ushicon. The original people who started Ushicon a loooong time ago still own it. They gave the chair position to someone else on staff for 2016.

Melissa left Ikkicon. It was not on the best of terms. She is starting Anime Austin to be held at the old Anime Overload hotel.

Get ready for some popcorn because it is going to be some great drama.
>>
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if any of you caught any pictures of me or my girlfriend. We we're only there Friday but she got a ton of people asking for photos. She was Female Hades and I was a Punk Joker.
>>
>>8803665
It's funny to get a history lesson on Louisianime, considering I live with one of the convention owners. Anyways, you forgot about Newman. People forget about Newman owning part of it, even though he's awesome to drink with. I almost bought his shares last year, but then I was all "Who would I drink with next year?"
>>
Photo booth pics are up on Filmshooter Photography's page, FYI.
>>
>>8804885
I think Newman forgets about Newman.
>>
>>8804885

The history lesson is for >>8801642 who doesn't know all their shit. I figured someone would confirm but its well known who lurks on cgl.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4MB, 1000x1771px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4MB, 1000x1771px
>>
>>8805829
Who exactly does lurk on cgl from upper?
>>
I'm not from /cgl/, I just come to these to see if anyone complains about my behavior. So far it looks like I need to try harder.
>>
>>8809969
Tell us who you are and we'll complain about you.
>>
>>8810055
You'll see me at matsuri for sure. To narrow it down, I am not affiliated with any staff. Good luck.
>>
>>8810059
Why the fuck should we care?
>>
>>8810063
You shouldn't. It's just for me.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.