[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contact lenses general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 20

Didn't see one in the archive.

I recently bought some honeycolor lenses and they were so comfortable all day, I was afraid I'd fall asleep with them in!

Now that I've opened them, how often should I be changing the contact solution to keep them good between conventions and events?
>>
>>8791788
They say to change with every wear, but I've been wearing contacts for over a decade now with no issues, and I only change my solution when I see shit floating around in it, or if the lenses feel like they just need fresh solution. You can feel when your solution is dirty, even if it looks clean.
>>
When should you throw out circle lenses, especially if they've been hardly worn? I know rule of thumb is 8 months for open pairs.

Also, anyone know a reliable shop that sells G&G A21 brown lenses? Bonus points if they're in Canada. I used to order with Kiwiberry1 but they've closed down.
>>
>>8791907
Gross. It may be a small chance - but why even risk infection?
>>
I've been wearing circle lenses for 3 years now, but I've bought some lens recently that gave me some weird problem. When I put them on, one goes up and the other down, I seem fucking cockeyed. Even if I quit them an put on the oppossite eye; what the fuck is happening?
>>
>>8791907
That's disgusting. Leaving solution just gives bacteria a chance to grow in it - yeah you may have been fine so far, but why risk it?
>>
>Now that I've opened them, how often should I be changing the contact solution to keep them good between conventions and events?

I'm curious about the same anon I usually do it every 30 days of not wearing and always after every wear.
>>
>>8791788
I'd say weekly. Even with the lids closed you will get some evaporation of the liquid in your contact solution which changes the concentration of the stuff in it and can irritate your eyes, plus even with the best hygiene ever you'll have some bacteria in there so it's best to keep the solution fresh each week to avoid letting them multiply in a stagnant pool of fluid
>>
>>8793472
I always change solution every other use, and if times between them, once a week so nothing dries out.
>>
>>8793448
do they match your base curve?
>>
>>8793448
I have that issue too and I'm pretty sure it's because the base curve isn't the same as my eye. I usually have less issues of that happening with larger diameters but I always have that issue with smaller diameters.
>>
>>8793412
>When should you throw out circle lenses, especially if they've been hardly worn?
This/ I change out my solution every week for lenses I've had for about a year now (opened) and only wore twice for maybe an hour total.
>>
>>8793792
>>8793795
The weird thing is the lens match my prescribed diameter and base curve
>>
Where do you all buy your lenses? Does pinky paradise still require a social?
>>
>>8793795
>>8793828
Your base curve is often different with different materials and diameters - mine is 8.5 in my daily lenses which are a different material but same diameter to the monthly ones I previously tried with a base curve of 8.7 (both checked on my eyes for fit by my optometrist). I asked her about this and she said it was related to the different material and thickness - obviously the dailies are thinner and softer. She also mentioned larger diameter lenses can change the base curve, something like 0.1mm of base curve for every 0.5mm of diameter
>>
>>8793807
I do the same thing. Mine have been opened since april but I've probably worn two pairs totalling a few hrs and one i've tried one and didnt really like.

>>8794046
is the social for US residents?
>>
>>8794046
Pinky Paradise doesn't require a social, wtf?
>>
>>8791907
...Solution is dirt cheap, why would you ever take the slightest risk with your eyes like that?
>>
Can anyone give me recommendations on lenses for Mami and Madoka? If this question isn't allowed I'll delete it.
>>
>>8794111
I thought a while back anons were complaining because it started asking for a social. It might have had something to do with them not accepting PayPal anymore? Idk, I guess I'll check to see if they'll still take PayPal. Thank you for the response!
>>
>>8794117
>Mami
Eos Dolly Eye Brown
>Madoka
Vassen Sakura Candy Pink Brown
>>
any brown circle lens recs? my natural eye color is a dark brown but i'd like to get a pair thats casual enough for me to wear to work but still looks noticeably different.
>>
File: Irisviel3_zps85f9a25a.jpg (35KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Irisviel3_zps85f9a25a.jpg
35KB, 750x422px
Recommendations of non-demonic red contacts, preferably in prescription?
>>
File: S2e5_highlight_4.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S2e5_highlight_4.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So I'm working on my Giffany cosplay and I really want to find some contacts that scream cheesy anime. Any one have any good recommendations?
>>
File: AkuHomuEyes.jpg (61KB, 518x391px) Image search: [Google]
AkuHomuEyes.jpg
61KB, 518x391px
Suggestions for Akuma Homura? Her eyes seem to be fuchsia or in between purple/pink/red. Most of what I've come across is too bright or true to the color.

>>8797776
If you have dark eyes, Venus Eye Wine Red could work. They look more natural, exactly like a wine red, unless you have light eyes, then they'll probably look too bright.
>>
>>8797828
Any of GEO's Anime series lenses
http://www.uniqso.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=anime
I actually got a pair of blue ones from that series lately and they're ridiculously comfortable + bright.
>>
>>8798053
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks anon!
>>
>>8797898
How about these anon? Closest I could find.
https://www.honeycolor.com/flora-gerbera-pink
>>
>>8798053
Man I wish these came in prescription and not just 0.00
>>
>>8794111
Are we talking about Social media or social security?
>>
File: Hana SPC Barbie Circle Brown.jpg (2MB, 3178x1805px) Image search: [Google]
Hana SPC Barbie Circle Brown.jpg
2MB, 3178x1805px
SORRY FOR THE WAIT
Here's some pictures of Hana SPC Barbie Circle brown on dark eyes.
These lenses are HUGE and very comfortable. It blends well on my dark brown eyes.
Bottom pic is in somewhat natural light (It was cloudy outside, sorry gulls)
Ask away if you got any questions

Venus eye Blue, coming up
>>
File: Venus Eye Blue.jpg (2MB, 1804x2046px) Image search: [Google]
Venus Eye Blue.jpg
2MB, 1804x2046px
>>8799473
I didn't get that many pictures of these, because it got dark outside and they really didn't show up in natural light anyway.
VENUS EYE BLUE
Very comfortable, yet not as comfortable as Hana SPC Brown.
Enlarging is good. I like this enlargement, not too much, not too little!
As I said, the color actually doesn't show up well on dark eyes. A bit dissappointing since I owned the Aqua lens in the past and they showed ok.
>>
>>8798066
Thanks anon, I'll take a look at those but they seem like a good match.
>>
File: lenses.jpg (90KB, 2400x661px) Image search: [Google]
lenses.jpg
90KB, 2400x661px
I got these lenses from uniqso if anyone want a review

Barbie Puffy 3-tone Grey
I.codi Colors of the Winda in Milky Lilac
Geolica Euro Celine Blue
>>
>>8801138
Milky lilac review please! But all of them would be great. Also, how dark/light is your eye color and what color are your eyes?
>>
Which are the brightest red lenses (that do not look like costume halloween lenses) for brown eyes?
>>
>>8801173
I havee used Dolly+ and Super Pinky and they have been noticeable red yet not unnatural on my brown eyes. I prefer Dolly+ though
>>
>>8801179
Thanks, dear. Do you think it's too chuuni to wear red circle lenses outside normally? I have black hair and I wear red glasses.
>>
>>8801182
Expect people to be a bit creeped out just. I wore red lenses on a halloween party (!) and that seriously freaked out one of my friends, so i can just imagine people's reaction to it on a regular day on the tube
>>
Honey Color is having a 3 day sale on lenses with a buy one get one free deal, but each time i try to check out, it refuses my payment. Had anyone else had this problem?
>>
>>8801138
2nding a review on the milky lilac. Been wanting to try violet lenses for a while now.
>>
I bought a pair of contact lenses and they came in May of this year, but I was always too afraid to put them in so I haven't gotten around to really trying yet. I changed the solution quite often but I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to try to put them in after so long or if I should just buy new lenses to practice with. What should I do?
>>
>>8802909
You should be okay, just make sure that they didn't dry out over time; if they did, then don't bother.
>>
>>8802913
How can I tell if they've dried out? Sorry, I'm pretty new to lenses.
>>
>>8802918
You'll know. They'll literally DRY OUT. A hard piece of plastic
>>
>>8802949
Oh okay. Yeah, no they're fine. I'll go ahead and do whatever with them. Thanks!
>>
File: smallies.jpg (143KB, 900x212px) Image search: [Google]
smallies.jpg
143KB, 900x212px
>>8802222
>>8801162
I haven't tried out the milky lilac ones yet, I will do it this weekend

These are the Geolica Euro celine Blue. They are really nice and natural looking. They are only 14,2 mm so they don't enlargen that much. They were also a bit hard to put in, I had to try at least 3 times on each eye
>>
hey i am 1st time using contact lenses for cosplay. I am also waring only glasses, so i need lenses with strengh. Unfortunatly the shop have lenses in -0.5 range so i don't know if i should pick -5,5 or -6. Maybe someone can help.
>>
>>8801189
I had the same issue over a week ago during their sale. I tried twice to make a payment and failed. maybe their sale is ending? When I tried to re order the prices went up so I placed a new (less expensive) order.

I had to spend $75 to get free express shipping, and now you have to spend $100 during their "sale".
>>
>>8803532
go for your goddamn prescription, I've never heard of prescriptions given in anything that isn't in .5
>>
>>8803532
What is your prescription?
>>
File: Normal_eureka.jpg (44KB, 362x600px) Image search: [Google]
Normal_eureka.jpg
44KB, 362x600px
Need suggestions for Eureka from Eureka Seven.
>>
>>8805003
What's your natural eye color?
>>
>>8805003
what color eyes are yours?

>>8803679
glasses prescriptions are crazy specific but contacts are just by .0 and .5 whichever is closest. for instance my my glasses are -8.7 so i wear -9.0 contacts since -8.5 is too weak.
>>
>>8805020
never heard of glass prescriptions being that specific (having a -2.5/+0.5 myself) but alright anon, if ya say so.
>>
>>8805014
My eyes naturally are blue
>>
File: image.jpg (603KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
603KB, 1920x2560px
>>8805027
How about EOS Fay violet?
>>
>>8805233
Perfect! Thank you :)
>>
File: genos_3708.jpg (49KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
genos_3708.jpg
49KB, 225x350px
Any recommended places to order some sclera lenses for Genos (OPM)? Most of the sites I visited looked pretty shady. Uniqso was the only site that I was actually familiar with and carried the black/yellow sclera lenses. And I'm guessing it'd be impossible to find any prescription sclera lenses?
>>
>>8805805
I got mine (prescription) from Samhain (http://samhaincontactlenses.com/index.php?option=com_wbcatalog&task=item&id=48&Itemid=18 is the listing in case you're curious). He's done the lenses for egg sisters cosplay and some other pretty famous people and he's done lenses for theatre companies. Very pricy, but they look excellent and are very comfortable
>>
what contacts would I get if I wanted some to enhance my current eye color, which is blue?
>>
>>8806041
depends on what kind of blue. i have grey/blue eyes so grey works wonders for me! if you have more greenish/blue look for contacts that have more tones to them, or go with a green. for brighter blues it's a bit harder to match but getting something that's reviewed to not be very vibrant is a good bet to blending well(in any case actually) any you were considering?
>>
What solution do you guys get for your colored contacts?
>>
>>8806051
i use biotrue but honestly any solution should work fine. they all work the same. theres not much to solution, so its pretty hard to fuck it up.
>>
>>8805020
What no lenses go by . 25, I have 1.75 on one eye and I never have problems finding lenses in the right prescription
>>
>>8806333
For circle lenses, over a certain power they only increase in .5 increments
>>
>>8801138
I'd like to see all of them reviewed, if you can, please
>>
>>8806051
I've been using the Alcon PureMoist since I started. It's been very good to my eyes.
>>
could anyone rec me a good brand of pink lenses? the ones i have right now are eos dolly and i HATE them, they're past expired anyways so i might as well just get a new pair. the only other color contacts i've used are superpinky which i really like.

my eyes are hazel, more green than brown usually. and i need prescription. thanks!!
>>
Any sales going on right now? I stocked up on a few a while back so I haven't had to keep an eye out, not sure if any new sites opened up.
>>
File: one-doki2-pink4.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
one-doki2-pink4.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
I've been trying to find lenses with designs on them such as hearts or stars, but I can't find anything that ships overseas or that I can actually understand at all. Do any international shipping places sell them that I've missed, or will I just have to get in touch with an SS willing to translate what Google can't make sense of?
>>
File: alluka.jpg (67KB, 736x672px) Image search: [Google]
alluka.jpg
67KB, 736x672px
Need advice for Alluka/Nanika. I want to do something similiar to pic related, which contacts should I use?
>>
>>8809355
I'd suggest some grey lens for one eye and then a black scelera for the other.

http://www.uniqso.com/big-eyes-circle-lenses/grey-circle-lenses/ick-animate-grey?sort=rating&order=DESC

http://www.uniqso.com/crazy-halloween-anime-lenses/sclera-crazy-lenses/phantasee-black-sclera-lens-sabretooth
>>
>>8809362
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for
>>
>>8801138
I bought the Puffy 3 Tone in Blue and threw them out without even wearing them for more than 10 minutes. I was beyond disappointed with how dry they are. They would cloud up after a minute no matter how many times I cleaned them or let them sit in solution, similar to how old lenses get. I hope that yours don't have the same issue, maybe I received a defective pair?
>>
Bluest contacts for dark eyes?

Does anyone own or know of any pair of lenses that look very blue (more of a royal blue) on black/brown eyes? Been searching on YT for reviews but most of them look kinda dull in normal light.
>>
>>8809437
I had those in green. It wasn't quite as bad as yours, but they just weren't pleasant to wear for too long. They were vibrant on dark eyes, at least. I'll give them that.
Moved onto to the princess bambi mimi apple green, and I've never owned a comfier lens!
>>
>>8793412
I have a pair that I've worn for over a year. I change the solution every week or so, whether I've worn them or not. They feel fine, and I've never had a problem as far as infection, but they have become increasingly difficult to put in. I don't know if that's what happens when they get older, but I'm going to order new ones. So I'd say about 15 months max, from personal experience, and if you take good care of them and rarely wear them.
>>
>>8811876
Yeah, the pairs I have are about 10 months old (had them opened since April), changed the solution regularly but like you mentioned, have become difficult to put in. I'm just going to toss them as they're just not being worn.
>>
I have a question, i have contacts to see with, but id like to get colored contacts, are there colored contacts for sight?
>>
>>8813525
The term you are looking for is prescription. And yes those exist.
>>
>>8809307
Seconding this, all I've been able to find for patterned lenses (outside of cosplay-specific ones) are panda print and while they're cute, they're not really what I'm looking for.
>>
I need help ordering some lenses, first timer here. I have blue eyes. Looking for sea foam green lens and black. Not whole eye-black just the pupils. Thanks.
>>
>>8810994
I have darker green eyes and these are pretty dang blue on me.
https://www.honeycolor.com/eos-new-adult-blue
reviews also say they're vibrantly blue on brown eyes.
>>
Does anyone else have experience with painting lenses with acrylic paint, then sealing them afterwards? I tried it and it burned a little bit, but seemed fine afterwards.
>>
>>8815351
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-06-51-33.png (608KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-06-51-33.png
608KB, 720x1280px
Does anyone have an idea what lenses these are? She never answers when people ask.
>>
>>8815710
This girl pisses me off somehow.
>>
File: VSHex_Maniac.png (73KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
VSHex_Maniac.png
73KB, 400x240px
I want to cosplay a Hex Maniac and I don't really want to use those typical spiral contacts because I feel like they'll look retarded (they also seem to be sold out everywhere all the time?), so I'm trying to find some way around them.
Does anyone have any recommendation for preferably large circle lenses that I could use as a replacement? They don't need to have spirals, they'd just have to fit in with the character, like look "creepy" or unsettling in a way.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.