[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

365 Lolita Lifestyle Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11

I saw this today and I think that's great idea:
http://lacealamode.com/
Are you going to participate?
I'd love to see your experiences/answers to the challenges if you take part.

inb4: No I'm NOT the blogger of Lace a la Mode and advertising this, I really just like this idea/project.
>>
>>8791287
Pretty simple to start with. I am looking forward to this. I just want a more wearable daily wardrobe.I also need more hosiery and cardigans. Blouses never suited me and I think the appropriate cardigan/bolero makes the coord look more mature..
>>
Honestly I think it's a good idea too but I feel like it'll start out strong and then loose steam in a couple of weeks. But my wardrobe goals are simple this year: get more stuff. I finally got my first brand yesterday and I want more. And that fits in perfectly with my New Years resolutions "smaller waist bigger closet"
>>
>>8791330
>smaller waist bigger closet

This is the perfect way to put it! Thank you for giving me a giggle this morning. I will now be summing up my New Years resolutions in the same manner.
>>
I really like this but know I won't finish it if I start posting somewhere. But it might be cool to post these in this sort of thread daily and see what other gulls have to say.

Similar to others, I just want to fill out my wardrobe a bit. I especially need more legwear, and I'd also like more rings/bracelets.
>>
>>8791395
You're welcomed. I just wish it rhymed.

>>8791475
Oh that could be fun like always one of these threads up like we do with the cof, Lolita general, etc threads?
>>
>>8791859
i would enjoy that
>>
I like this. I think I will participate. Maybe not everyday or maybe just on my Tumblr. Seems like a really cozy idea.
>>
>>8791287
I have bigger goals than my clothes, unfortunately.
>>
>>
>>8793366
Well it looks like she's already run out of ideas if that's what she's coming up with for "lifestyle"
>>
>>8793373
Why are you so eager to shit on this?
>>
>>8791287
I thought this was going to be more of a "incorporate x item into your outfit," "coordinate an outfit with x theme," "what items in your wardrobe use x color? style an outfit around it!"-type of challenge. sort of disappointed.
>>
>>8793386
it's literally day two. I'm under the impression she's going to do those sorts of challenges too, and could you (or anybody else) really keep up with a challenge that requires 365 new coordinates?
>>
>>8793385
Why are you so eager to defend this?
>>
>>8793366
Girl has a shaky understanding of lifestyle
>>
>>8793373
This is pretty "lifestyle" actually. The popular usage of "lifestyle lolita" means someone who incorporates lolita aesthetics and values into all aspects of their life, not merely someone who wears lolita almost/everyday. Appreciating fine art is extremely lifestyle.
>>
>>8793366
When I do wear lolita outside of meets and conventions, it is usually when I go to museums. I can look at all my rococo paintings in rococo inspired frills.
>>
>>8793416
Lolita really isn't as rococo inspired as everyone makes it out. What is the obsession with rococo anyways, it was the most insipid period of art, music, design, everything.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>8793424
>>
>>8793366
Well I live in DC so we tend to have a lot of meets at museums in my comm... So this suites that.

>>8793424
Museums have all kinds of love lovely things that make them suitable for Lolita, even outside of Rococo. Personally were I lives we have so many, with lovely gardens that make them suitable for picnics are just being around lovely art and artifacts inspires me a lot. Like I can spend hours at the Smithsonian art Galleries just looking at paintings and sculptures and the furniture in the basement. And whenever I go there I find something else to inspire my coords.
>>
>>8793366
I was kinda hoping there'd be more cohesion to these. Like make the first two or three each week wardrobe/coord related goals and then towards the weekend lifestyle stuff, since most people are free to do things during weekends
>>
>>8793366
Because any Lolita in a comm hasn't been to every fuckin museum already baka
>>
>>8793424
Well, I like other art styles besides Rococo, such as Baroque, Art Nouveau (in the late 19th century and its little resurgence in the 70s), Art Deco, Orientalism, Japonisme and so on. I feel rococo fits the best with my classic lolita aesthetic. I go to the national art gallery and see my favorite paintings at least twice a year.

>>8793460
Hello fellow DC lolita. I have been spoiled by free museums. I feel bad for others sometimes.
>>
>>8793424
Also, your opinion is pretty common anon. When I first learned about Rococo, my teacher told me it is the art style everyone hates. It will always have a special place in my heart with its excessive pink, ornate, and flowery style.
>>
>>8793525
So are you saying here how unique you are for liking the most superficial of the European art movements? It's no surprise it's so popular in lolita.
>>
>>8793373
>>8793386
Are you stupid? Lolita lifestyle encompasses more than just clothes and coording.
>>
>>8793606
No I am definitely not unique, but I can't help with what I like. I am curious anon. What art movement do you like?
>>
>>
>>8794110
this is a cute idea
>>
>>8793625
Yeah, I see I misinterpreted the challenge. I'm not a "lifestyler" nor do I read the blog, so I was hoping for something that would help me wear my clothes more often/be more clothes-oriented.
>>
>>8794128
There's also the Daily Coordinate Challenge that a lot of people do in the spring, if that helps anon.
>>
>>8794131
This is probably more up my alley, thank you! Google isn't bringing much up other than some tumblr links -- is it just a monthly challenge to wear a coord a day?
>>
>>8794135
afaik you don't even have to wear a coord a day, you just have to photograph a new coordinate for each day of the month (or however long you want to do it). This is what I will probably go by when I get around to doing it myself:
http://pinkstrawberrytea.tumblr.com/post/117827908653/hi-guys-if-you-have-been-following-me-on
>>
>>8794110
Why
>>
>>8794899
That's the same reaction I had when I saw this post.
>>
>>8794899
To let them know if you see something they want for sale
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 485x191px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 485x191px
>>8794899
>>8794902
>>
>>8794110
This is really weird. I was expecting lifestyle stuff like maintaining a flower garden or even just a really beautiful potted plant, learn or improve embroidery skills, read more classic or fantasy lit, bake cute stuff, DIY things, but this is just a bit creepy?
>>
>>8794909
That's not lifestyle, that's being a good friend.
>>
>>8794912
How is it creepy?? Sure, if it's a girl you don't know very well and you know their entire wishlist maybe, but if it's a close friend, why wouldn't you know which dresses they're looking for? I always keep my friends dream dresses in mind when browsing auctions so that I can alert them if something I know they're looking for comes up, and they do the same for me, it's great!
>>
>>8794928
Maybe it's seen as creepy because it uses the word 'memorize' in place of just 'keep in mind' or something.
Not to mention, I wouldn't memorize my friend's wishlist, I'd more likely just remember the ore notable items like main pieces.
>>
>>8794912
I guess it's not creepy to me, but it's not at all what I was expecting in the worst way. Already made a stupid blog post about how I was going to do it, too, so I guess should go edit/delete that and replace it with my own.
>>
>>8794938
Yeah "memorize" seems really obsessive. I'd be weirded out if someone had my whole wishlist memorized, even if they were a friend.
>>
>>8794943
I'm in the same boat. I'm really wondering how she's going to fill 365 days with stuff like this if it's this weak already.
>>
Are we not going to talk about the fact that it's a leap year
>>
>>8794946
Seriously.
Would any gulls be interested in compiling a weekly prompt one?
I was thinking it could be nice to write one up that featured both fashion related prompts and more lifestyle things in alternating weeks. I have a few ideas written down already since I realized this morning that this challenge wasn't exactly going to work for me, but I'd love to get feedback and share ideas with some fellow gulls.
>>
>>8794960
A weekly challenge sounds fun! Things maybe like
>decorate your nails to match your favorite dress
>make time to dress up and have tea by yourself in your nicest dress with your favorite tea set
> start a small herb/flower garden (or if you allready have one, plant a new herb)
And ones a few weeks down the line can look back on previous challenges such as
>pick flowers from your garden and press them for scrap booking or to make a card for a friend
For like valentines day or some shit idk. Just some ideas
>>
>>8794947
No. Let her wonder where it went wrong when she writes Day #366
>>
>>8795067
I like you.
>>
>>8795058
I love this anon! Definitely going to work on some of these
>>
>>8794960
Yup definitely! I like the idea of some hair and makeup challenges since so many people fall down on that after they learn to make a decent coord, although I can imagine making them general enough to apply to everyone would be hard.
>>
>>8795058
>sew a lolita item! (skirt, bloomers, apron, etc)
>try your hand at drawing and designing your own lolita outfit!
>pack a basket and have a picnic at the beach or a park! If you cant go anywhere, have a picnic in your backyard (or patio for apartment living lolita)
>go thrifting or antiquing for vintage accessories to compliment your wardrobe

>>8795101
Glad you like them! Ill post some more as they come to me!
>>
>>8794110
What about the NEETs and lonelitas?
>>
Unpopular opinion time but I like how low-maintenance these challenges have been so far. I am straight up not going to have time to do styling or coordinating challenges every single day of 2016 (especially since my work dictates how my make up, nails, and hair look). A weekly prompt challenge might not be horrible but I can still see myself falling behind on it if the challenges don't line up nicely with my work schedule. Lace a la Mode's challenge is manageable without being overwhelming or straight up impractical.
>>
>>8795123
Try to find the wishlist of a lolita you admire.
>>
>>8795133
It just gets creepier and creepier
>>
>>8795131
I agree. I'm still building my wardrobe, so it's nice to live the lifestyle while I get enough pieces to put together coordinates for different, larger challenges.
>>
>>8794960
>>8794943
Here again. I really like what >>8795058 and >>8795122 have suggested. I too, however, would like to keep them relatively simple and low-maintenance so that they're not too time consuming or difficult to accomplish, so I'll probably not include anything that requires a ton of sewing or too much equipment. For example, I think sewing small hair accessories or doing crafts like embroidery/felting would be good, but something like "sew an apron" might be too much for some people.
I'm working on a google doc with a simple list of ideas I have so far; if anyone's interested, I can drop an email or something.
>>
I like it so far but the way she writes reminds me of tabloids.
>>
>>8793386
Nope. The creator does lifestyle Lolita and she went for a lifestyle approach
>>
>>8793525
>your opinion is pretty common
Mentions one person.
Cough
>>
>>8795242
The opinion of one person*
>>
>>8795131
I agree. It's 365 days, if it is too much effort people will just give up whenever they are to busy with other things. It also makes it easier to try and catch up for people who missed it for a week.
>>
>>8795131
Yeah same. The suggestions in >>8795122 and >>8795058 are nice but way too intensive for daily challenges, ain't nobody have time for that shit. Besides the author's challenge seems more like putting yourself in a certain ~state of mind~ and not doing random pointless activities like a tea party by yourself.

That said the challenges so far are kind of stupid and only tenuously related to lolita.
>>
>>8795296
>not doing random pointless activities like a tea party by yourself
This, no offense to whoever thought that was a cute idea but lmao
>>
File: img_0729.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
img_0729.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
I can't wear lolita daily so I think I'm going to make a jar with one note for every day with suggestions like:
>wear something from BRAND today
>wear a headbow/TPs/XYZ today
>start reading that book that makes you feel like a lifestyler
>watch kamikaze girls
And then color code them by how much effort is needed. Red = some kind of pampering to pull after a bloodbath.
>>
Honestly I think the idea of having one prompt per week is a good idea. One prompt per day is nice, but my job and life are so hectic that there are some days when I barely get a second to eat a meal, much less look up the wishlist of a friend and memorize it. Those ideas like going thrifting and having a picnic in lolita are really cute, and they're fun things to look forward to in a busy week without being horribly time consuming. They're also good to do with friends.

I like the idea of doing it once a week, maybe putting out a new prompt on Mondays and everyone has that week to post pictures/blog posts of what they did for their prompt.
>>
>>8795340
I like this. I kind of want to do it. Someone make the papers for me.
>>
>>8795361
Why, so you can come here and bitch about how the papers are creepy, or not lifestyle enough, or not about coording, or some other thing you don't want?
>>
>>8794960
yes anon please go for it!! :)
>>
File: what ever.gif (493KB, 345x252px) Image search: [Google]
what ever.gif
493KB, 345x252px
>>8795615
That was out of left field. Calm down, anon.
>>
>>8795749
I kind of agree with them.
I want someone to make a casual weekly challenge too but these things don't hold much weight with bloggibg lolitas unless you can link the source of the challenge on your blog, and nobody is going to come forward as the creator of a challenge when there are so many seagulls that hate other people having fun so much that they'll shit on every suggestion.
The level of salt is too damn high.jpeg
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>
>>8795762
I've been meaning to do this anyway. I think I'll try it out on a wig or something.
>>
Would anyone be willing to give some feedback? I have almost 50 ideas now; I'm sure they're not all great, though. If no one is really interested, I will still post a prompt here when I start posting it to my blog (this Saturday). Because this is off to a slow start and most people have already done it, I'm just making #1 a "Wardrobe Goal" post.

I was thinking that it might be interested to list all 52 somewhere on my blog when I first start making posts, too, so that people in different hemispheres (a couple are seasonal) or with busy schedules could on them as time allowed. For example, if week 25 is "paint your nails to match your coord," but you just had your nails done, you could skip it and come back to it the next week. Yea or nay?
The main drawback I can imagine is that it would kill any sort of group blogging/sharing experience if everyone was posting about a different thing.
>>
>>8795898
I wouldnt post all of them, it wouldn't be as much fun and you might get better ideas later and if someone wants to skip a week because they got their nails done already they will do so.
>>
>>8795898
I don't think that would kill the group blogging experience, anon! I don't have a lot of followers on tumblr but I'll happily participate and give you feedback.

Go ahead and share!
>>
>>8795762
I tried looped braids since my hair is finally long enough.
>>
>>8795898
I'd be interested to participate in this! If possible could you make available to tumblr too?
>>
>>8795898
Ehh i wouldnt post all of them. Maybe at the very end, or you could post what each themebwas for the previous weeks, so people could easily see what they missed, but i wouldnt want someone to go on and make new posts because they skipped ahead of the rest of us. After all, part of the fun is looking foreward to what the next challange will be. It kind of kills it if you know ahead of time.
I made some of the suggestions up thread, and i would definately be super stoaked to participate!
>>
>>
>>
>>8799171
not if i want to actually wake up
>>
>>8799183
Lmao same. I set like 5 different alarms within 5 minutes of each other and they're all extremely loud sirens/foghorns. I won't wake up to music.
>>
>>8799192
>>8799183
agreed
>>
>>8799183
>>8799192

Rock songs, or just loud songs. Choose a song you really dig, with a loud intro that makes you want to pump your fist, jump up and down, and headbang. Much better mood when you wake up to a song you could get pumped up to.

At least, it works for me. The actually pleasant songs I either sleep through, or I get annoyed after a month and have to change it.
>>
>>8799200
This I tried something more slow paced and it didn't even register, I thought my alarm had started fucking up. If you workout to music maybe something from that playlist would work.
>>
>>8799200
But you will end up hating that song with all your heart. Doing this ruined muse for me.
>>
>>8799270
yup. I made part of a KPP song my alarm and at first it was cool but now it's so grating.
>>
>>8799270
>>8799275

Does it help if you cycle through a few different songs? I haven't started hating mine yet, but I have three different songs set half an hour apart, and I swap between songs quite often.
>>
>>8799200
Try the first Overture of Phantom of the Opera, should be the first track on any soundtrack. I used to use it as an alarm to startle myself awake, never got sick of it, and PotO is arguably a kind of (gothic-y) lolita thing.
>>
>>8799171
I wake up to Little Town from Beauty and the Beast. It actually works for me.
>>
So how about we just come up with some prompts for blogs/tumblrs/whatever as a group here?

I love the ones like try a new hairstyle and post the results.
Maybe things like try a new craft, bake a new treat, or try a new tea.
Lolita related book reviews or suggestions.
Maybe we can make a google doc to keep it for the future.
>>
this challenge has so many non-related lolita questions I'm gonna pass out.
>>
>>8799171
Eye of the tiger
>>
>>8799171
Because a REAL LOLITA can't wake up to anything less pure than the birds singing at her window.

Honestly I'm waiting for "Day 49: Swear less and refine your manners."
>>
Do you think that maybe this is also some sort of dig at normal people that lolitas complain about not understanding and staring at them on the street and that these challenges are filled with boring shit just to show that "lolitas are just regular people too!!!!!!!!!!"?
>>
>>
>>8801372
This sounds fun! I'll do that this afternoon.
>>
>>8799171
>>8799183
This. I legitimately cannot wake up unless my alarm is the most earth-shattering, grating sound I can find, so that's not happening.
>>
>>8794907
...or to buy it for yourself.
>>
>>8800014
In a way, it could be. I'm not sure what the point of it would be though because the majority of people seeing the stuff will be other Lolitas.

Does anyone else feel like Lor's new video is conveniently timed and themed? I wonder if that's a dig.
>>
>>8802181
>watching Lor's videos
lol
>>
>>8802419
Everyone likes Lor stop.
>>
>>8802436
lol
>>
>>8802181
she doesn't even go on here
>>
>>8802721
She probably knows the challenge though. I didn't really get the point of the video. She made a deal out of how she's not a ~lifestyle lolita~ which seemed pointless because it's not like it's shocking, it's pretty rare to find someone who is.
>>
>>8799831
FUCKIN COORD THAT SKIRT YEAHHHHHH
>>
>>8801372
Details on dresses are my favorite. I can't wait to see what everyone takes photos of.
>>
>>8802181
She probably made it because people keep complaining that she posts about her sex toys.
>>
>>8803154
Aww boo hoo. Like honestly, she can fuck off with that.
Some people really enjoy a lifestyle, and it's not all about being super-ladylike or polite or fake. I'm really disappointed that someone who has been around for as long as she has has such a bad understanding of what it is, and is publicly shitting on it just when people were taking interest again.
We're going to end up back in the "ITS JUST CLOTHES WHATS WRONG WITH YOU STOP HAVING FUN" era again.
>>
>>8803160
if you had watched the video, you would know she is not shitting on it. she just says she's not one, and you don't have to be a lifestyler to be a "real lolita". she specifically says it's okay to be a lifestyle lolita if you like it.

she apparently gets a lot of questions from newbies asking things like "is it okay if I wear lolita and *do non-lolita thing*"?
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.