[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ohayocon 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 43

File: ohayocon.jpg (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ohayocon.jpg
19KB, 200x200px
Ohayocon 2016: Now with less runaway teens!

This is coming up in a few weeks. Anyone going?
>>
I wanna go and wear my shitty Remelia Scarlet cosplay... I should probably finish it, I though I had plenty of time
>>
Where's the schedule?
>>
A prelim was just sent to panelists today, not sure if they'll publish it to people any earlier to the con
>>
This con is shit, let's hope no one here is actually buying badges
>>
>>8779294
I'd be surprised if they published a legit schedule ahead of time- I don't think they did last year. Not until super late, I thought. But I could be mis-remembering.
>>
>>8779923
Planning on going Sunday for 10$ lol I would never buy a pass for a con this badly organized
>>
I'll be going as I live in town, but it was so boring last year I'm only buying a Saturday badge at best. If they don't have Bemani Invasion or Tokyo Attack, I'm just gonna borrow a friend's badge if I want to go to anything.
>>
>>8780375
Bemani isn't going to show up again after Alan called Anthony a faggot
>>
>>8780375
Sows says there's going to be a bunch of Bemani shit there, just no SDVX (damnit)
>>
The night panels last year sucked compared to previous ones. Even the late night ones were really toned down. Maybe I'll actually go to the rave for the first time in 3 years.
>>
I bought a badge because they were cheap af earlier this year, but I'll prolly only go on Saturday to hang out with my comm
>>
>>8780614
There was an asian horror film panel late saturday night that was actually really cool last year. Beyond that I wasn't really impressed, but it was still enough to keep me away from the body odor drenched 'rave' room.
>>
>>8780446
I heard that Alan guy calls everyone a faggot. I wouldn't be surprised if that was why Tokyo Attack wasn't there last year
>>
>>8780617
Is there a tea party? That's what I was looking for. I'm from Cincinnati but I don't know anyone in the Ohio comm, I just want to dress up when I go to the con
>>
>>8781247
I'm from Cincy, too! There was a tea party at the con last year, I'm sure they'll have it again this year. It's usually Saturday morning. Also I'm pretty sure the Ohio comm is having an off-site tea social somewhere in the area during the con? I don't remember where exactly.
>>
>>8781254
We're doing an off-site tea meetup/brunch on Saturday and then we're trying to work out a location for a swap meet.

As far as scheduled events, the lady who ran the lolita crush passed away earlier this year and I don't think the event will be happening as nobody has stepped up to take over it or is in well enough with Ohayo staff to work out arrangements with it. If I recall, there were issues and since she was a long-time staff member, she was able to do some negotiating. But none of us are.

Either way, I'll just be hanging out the entire time. Probably not buying a badge, or if I do it'll be a one day to just visit artist alley and maybe poke in dealers.
>>
Coming down from Michigan, it'll be my first Ohayocon. Pretty last minute decision so I'll probably just be buying a badge for Saturday. I'm couple cosplaying with the bf at least one day, I might bring a coord but I don't even know if I'll get into it, this sounds like it's gonna be a lazy con for me.
>>
Went for the past couple years, plan to go to this one if I have the cash to spend.
None of my friends can make it to this one though, so I guess I'll be panel hopping and taking photos of cosplays I like.

It's sad. I've only been to Matsuricon once and when their volunteer page went up I actually got excited thinking about it because I was so impressed this year.
The only thing I thought when I saw Ohayocon's go up was "Jesus what a horrible idea"
>>
>>8777650
>Now with less runaway teens!

Savage
>>
>>8780446
oh boo hoo, big words from little manchilds. How fragile is he?
>>
>>8777650
Runaway teens?

Storytime pls
>>
>>8781477
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/02/02/columbus-ohio-family-searching-for-missing-transgender-teen-who-vanished-from-columbus-anime-convention.html
>>
>>8779923
I got fucked over for a comped badge, but I bought my badge pretty early so I'll just have to deal. Can't get any friends to go to better cons out of town so I make the most of my weekend
>>
>>8781595
Did they ever find the kid?
>>
>>8782130

Yeah she showed up again a few days after the con ended.
>>
>>8781311
Can non comm members come to these or are they private type events? I have some decent brand and bodyline stuff to swap
>>
>>8781254
>>8781311
There is no convention sponsored tea planned for this year as far as we know. The comm here has been trying to get an answer about the Lolita Crush but no official replies.
Best bet is the downtown tea meet and the swap meet.
>>
>>8782156
Non comm members can come, I think that someone will make a post about it in the Ohayocon group, but we haven't finalized the details yet
>>
>>8782130

Yeah. Turns out, she shacked up with some guy she met on the internet before the con.
The guy didn't know she was transgender.
>>
>>8779294
I think if they do publish it to everyone pre-con, they will after the 4th, which is the deadline for any panel change requests or the 11th, which is the deadline for cancellations
>>
>>8783756
lol whoops
>>
I live in Cbus, so I'll be there at some point over the weekend i'm sure. Con has sucked for ages so I never buy a badge anymore, which makes it cheap af. Will probably just go to dick around in cosplay and socialize.
>>
Has anyone ever done press at Ohayocon before? I've done other cons as press but wanted some insight since I'm getting the feeling from here that this con isn't so good. Press gets me in for free but still, it'd be nice to know what I'm getting myself into, especially since they haven't even posted the application yet.
>>
>>8777650
A bump because fucking morons can't be assed to look at the catalog
>>
I'm really excited. This is the first ohayocon I'm attending in years. I went to it maybe every year I was in high school, so I know it's a shitty Ohio convention that's tons of fun with friends. I've been checking their site for the schedule but in all honesty I'm almost certainly not attending any panels. Ready to loiter on the giant stairs and people-watch with some covert liquor.
>>
File: 1451339272506.jpg (55KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1451339272506.jpg
55KB, 500x372px
>>8777650
>Now with less runaway teens!
story?
>>
>>8786601
Read the fucking thread
>>
>>8786619
fuck off
>>
>>8786782
Wow really retard? You should really not be on this board if you expect to be spoonfed in a thread this short
>>
>>8786782

End all school holidays
>>
>>8786601
Fucking faggot
>>8781595
>>
File: filetmignogna.png (323KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
filetmignogna.png
323KB, 800x576px
>>8786601
>>
>>8786782
Your tears are delicious newfag
>>
File: 1450479196754.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450479196754.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>8786791
>>8786792
>>8786795
>>8786803
>>8786814
>all these replies

holy shit all of you are retarded
>>
Should anyone bother with this convention if they aren't going with friends?
>>
>>8786844
Would actually like to know this as well.

Haven't gone since I was in highschool and had friends.
>>
>>8786844
>>8786877
This is what I've noticed from the last few years but groups are starting to become incredibly cliche-y. Unless you're in cosplay.
>>
>>8786844
>>8786877
Honestly? Not really unless there's some kind of programming you're die hard about or you like wandering around the Short North.
>>
I was going to post something in the Comm Thread, but most members from Ohio will be at Ohayocon. How is the Comm in general? Are there any members I should be wary of?

>>8781311
That's extremely disappointing. Shows incompetence on the Con in general.
>>
>>8781311
Not someone who lives in Ohio, but let's just say I know some people on staff. Perhaps it's too late to do anything about it now, but for next time I can probably have some arrangements made and someone from the Ohio comm can take over the event.
>>
>>8787489
I'm fairly new to the comm, but everything I've seen from the other members so far has been fairly positive. There are a couple of obnoxious weebs, but most of the others seem decent, well dressed, and well adjusted.
>>
I heard that there is a new con chair this year. perhaps that's why there is more anime panels than there were last year? I also heard from David Muniak, that they're using wrist bands again.
>>
>>8787755
The biggest issue with doing anything resembling a tea at Ohayocon is the restrictions the hotel puts on them.

Last year I know all the food and tea had to be kept on the downlow for fear of the hotel finding out and charging the con.

I don't think many people would want to go to a gathering without refreshments.
>>
>>8786844
You seriously need to go with friends? You're incapable of making your own decisions?
>>
>>8781311
The prelim schedule has Lolita Crush going on again this year, doesn't have any other info on it however.
>>
>>8788005
Trying to make the decision of if I want to pay 50 dollars to see what people say every year has become worse and worse.
>>
This will be my first con since I came home from living in Japan for a year and a half. Hopefully I get my costume done. It'll be nice to see some people I actually know again.
>>
>>8788075
Seriously? After months of no word on it they just stick it on there? Any idea of whos running it?
>>
>>8789002
No idea, there's no presenter listed for it like any other regular panels.
>>
>>8786844
If you want to cosplay or attend programming, yes. If none of the above, meh.
>>
>>8780375
I think whoever is bringing the machines to the con is going to be running pendual considering they've been running it OPENLY in their arcade on a RESORT ANTHEM cabinet nonetheless RIP KONAMI WILL SUE.
>>
I'll be going. I don't really do panels or programming, but I like to visit the dealers room and I usually know some folks selling in Artist Alley.

Plus alcohol and friends is a plus.
>>
>>8777650
>Less runaway teens

Well played, OP.
>>
this is the first year I won't be buying a weekend badge. I like the con alright but only if I have cosplay, and the ones I plan on wearing are boring or old. Even then I had no gym over winter break so I won't look my best so I'm debating on even doing a photoshoot before retiring them.

Poor ohayo.
>>
>>8793800
Are you me? But for real, I'm probably the exact reason why so many people hate Ohayocon. I'm a casual fan that likes to have reckless fun with friends & random folks alike.
>>
holy fuck this schedule is garbage, a new low
>>
>>8782179
Details have been posted on Ohayocons FB page.

Ohayocon going lolita-related events:

Brunch:

Time: Saturday, 10am to 12pm

Swap Meet:

Time: Saturday, 12:30 (after brunch)

Items permitted: Lolita, ouji, and aristo clothing and accessories.
>>
Ohayocons cosplay department just posted a video of the con layout due to construction going on at the convention center. Its going to be even more crowded this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWY74orVYqY&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>8799098
That looks very uncomfortable.
I wonder how many people are just going to sit around the convention center since the hotel is pretty much locked down for lines
>>
>>8799098
Ohayocon is Cleveland Browns of anime cons. You want them to do better but they can never catch a break
>>
I haven't been to an ohayocon in years but I'm coming up to visit a friend and we are going to cosplay together. What's the cosplay competition like as far as competitors and judges? Anyone have any insight or idea?
>>
>>8781595
>There's no simple way to explain the gender identity of this 15-year-old
Why anyone would want or need to explain it escapes me
>>8782130
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-03/ohayocon-attendee-ashley-lane-found-safe-in-columbus/.84056
>>
Holy fuck. This convention is going to be an abortion. How is anyone going to get anywhere. How many times did that dude say "this is the only way to get here"
>>
>>8800006
>This convention is going to be an abortion
I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by that

Still, it can't be any worse than New Year's in NYC. The degree to which people will willingly suffer just to be in a given place at a given time is astounding.
>>
>>8800010
The GCC decided to drop a fuckton of construction on the event without telling them /just how bad it would be/ until they discovered it for themselves. I believe they had hoped it would be done until they got found out but because of bad contractors the construction is going to take forever. thanks convention center i can't wait to have "fun" in you
>>
>>8800006
>>8800010
Getting from play to place is going to be a hassle, but I think people are blowing this out of proportion. At least they're trying to get the info out ahead of time, and make the most of the shit situation they've been given.
>>
File: image.jpg (737KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
737KB, 2048x1360px
Does anyone know if that skywalk bridge between the con center and I think a parking garage is a public space that is lit up every night?

I have a cosplay that would be perfect for a shoot there but it would be where I want it by ohayo and I'm really just not hyped for the con itself, so I'm not hyped to get dressed up either.
>>
>>8800924
*wouldn't
>>
>>8800924
It's a skywalk bridge for to the Hilton hotel across the street. I've been able to go up there during a random day but there's the chance if you go during an event there'll be people trying to get through there.
>>
>>8800834
Staff deserves credit for at least getting the word out
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Already cringing
>>
So now all Hyatt guests need to have a wrist band like youma?
>>
>>8801465
Ohayocon has had wristbands for the last few years, it's nothing new
>>
>>8801345
What the fuck is that thing?
>>
>>8801468
Hotel wristbands and room limits, not the con,thats what my buddy said
>>
>>8801471
You're fucking kidding me. The Hyatt wants attendees to wear wristbands too? So we have to wear TWO different wristbands?

Wtf
>>
>>8801481
I don't even care about that, but the fact you can't go to a party or anything without a fucking wristband in the hotel. Glad this disaster is a week out.
>>
>>8801471
Fuck me, the elevators are already a nightmare. Now they will be policing them?

Fuck that, they can't stop me from going to my room I paid for
>>
>>8801471
I have a room reserved and I was never told this. How does your buddy know?
>>
>>8801465
No no no your wristband is your badge. You can thank every cunt that has ghosted ohayo for that. The con has a right to defend its investment
>>
>>8801481
Dont spread panic without a source
>>
>>8801509
Guys who works in the game room said all the staff got an email and that the head of the con, Shaw, is fighting this. I'm Surprised they haven't announced this publicly yet.
>>
>>8801533
If they put that cunt Alan in charge of fighting something, you know we are all doomed.
>>
>>8801528
If staff is saying it, it must be true.

Fuck this ohayocon is going to be shit. No Bemani, construction everywhere, and now hotel mandated wristbands on top of convention wristbands.

Fuck ohayocon.
>>
>>8801551
Where did you get "No Bemani" from? They've had the game list posted for a while now and the only staple Bemani game I see missing is SDVX.
>>
>>8801698
Bemani Invasion.

Oh, my bad, Tokyo Attack.

Whatever they call themselves now.

These people coming this year are same ones that brought the games to last year's game room abortion. It was horrible. I have no hopes this year will be any better.
>>
>>8801837
Game room was fun and I saw no problems with it, what's your deal?
>>
Can you participate in the craftsmanship judging if you're not pre registered?
>>
>>8801551
The hotel probably only told ohayocon staff about the wristbands last minute. I imagine ohayocon isn't happy about it either but their hands must be tied.
>>
>>8801837
"• Taiko no Tatsujin
• Super Table Flip
• DDR (both machines)
• Beatmania: IIDX
• Popn Music
• DJ Technika Max
• Jubeat
• Pump It Up
• Panic Park
• Dance Maniax"

It's no TA setup but this is literally Gachapon's second con. It's a big jump up from last year which just had DMX, DDR, Jubeat, and DJMAX.
>>
>>8801551
>>8801922
Odds are, the hyatt told Ohayo what was happening. The con will try to fight it (beg for them to reverse their decision) and when nothing comes of that, Ohayo will announce the new real with just enough time to not get a hotel refund so people don't completely jump ship.
>>
>>8801936
Wasn't there a big scare about hotel wristbands last year too?
>>
So the hotel requiring wristbands is just for people actually staying at the hotel right?
You can still get a con badge or just wander around the place but not actually go into the rooms/elevator?
>>
>>8801943
correct. and this still only effects people who are staying at the Hyatt- the crowne and drury have no such restrictions, so far.

the shitty part will be if you try to visit a friends room, in the hyatt, and they try to keep you from going up for lack of wristband.
>>
Ohayocon is actually the biggest convention I've been to, and the only one I have planned for this year, so as shit as it may be, I'm getting myself excited for it. Road trips and staying in hotels are always an adventure, so there's that!
>>
>>8802146
same here anon! I am trying to stay positive and will have fun no matter what.
>>
>>8801936
Nah they're planning on announcing it as soon as they get a definitive NO from the hyatt. they're fighting it now tooth and nail
>>
>>8802219
I really hope that the wristbands for the Hyatt won't happen. It really seems that the Hyatt does everything it can to make things harder on con attendees.
>>
>>8802225
It seems like the Hyatt doesn't want the con there, which is sad considering how much money they must from having 17,000+ people come through for just a single event
>>
File: 1452141068807.png (81KB, 316x289px) Image search: [Google]
1452141068807.png
81KB, 316x289px
the only ones with a problem with wristbands are the grody motherfuckers who pack 9-12 people per room.

Y'all some nasty ass motherfuckers.
>>
>>8802269
Word on the street is this is just a move so they don't have to replace their ancient infrastructure (I.E. elevators that could fall and murder a bunch of weebs at any moment). They're booked, you know, they're not gonna make any money from t his move.
>>
I'm glad the shills are out and about
>>
>>8802287
It's an ohayocon topic, it is nothing but shills
>>
I'm fine, Hyatt is a shit hotel anyway. I had a more enjoyable experience staying at the Drury, especially great to not have to deal with fucks crowding the elevators.
>>
>>8802361
Drury Inn is literally the best place to stay for this con. They did free breakfast/lunches when I used to stay there. And some of the rooms even have microwaves so you dont have to fight a sea of elevator riders to warm up your fuckin food.
>>
>>8802269
The hotel doesnt make as much money as youd think and the younger crowd is honestly more destructive. This isnt just an ohayocon issuse a lot of con have these problems
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 493x714px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 493x714px
So I was looking at the official list for photoshoots, and I don't understand what they mean by PoC photoshoot.

Like, this is a cosplay photoshoot, right? Like is this for cosplayers who are not white? Or for people cosplaying characters that aren't white?

Inb4 it's just special snowflakes wanting to talk about their oppression.
>>
File: questionable life choices.jpg (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
questionable life choices.jpg
57KB, 800x800px
.... Guys, someone talk me out of doing this. I'm legit kind of tempted....
>>
>>8802225
Just called the Hyatt myself. This is untrue, no wristbands.
>>
>>8802492
fuck this gay earth. This is my last time at this con.
>>8802503
What is this, I can't find it on the site
>>
>>8802516
>>
>>8802503
>Anna Fischer
Hahahaha! Fuck no.
>>
>>8802528
Isn't she that photographer that wanted to do those Into The Wild photos and just wasted the Kickstarter money and never finished the project?
>>
>>
>>8802396
Yup, last year they had free breakfast and dinner and it was pretty fantastic

By the way, they've officially posted the link to the grenadine site with the current schedule of panels, and I noticed they took off Lolita Crush that was there before.
>>
I live in Cbus myself, and I opted to work instead of going to the actual con.
>>
>>8802492
I'm so mad about the detective conan shoot desu. The person running it is a shit stain in the fandom.
>>
>>8802585
The lady that ran Lolita crush all these years died a few months ago, but I heard that the people that helped her are trying to get it together to still run it
>>
>>8802886
Yeah I just looked at the schedule and I saw that it was running 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM on Saturday. However no one is listed as running it as of this morning.
>>
>>8802886
They tried to help earlier. Ohayocon ignored them and didn't even say that the Crush was even happening this year until the schedule was put up.
>>
>>8802492
where is this page anyway?
>>
>>8803227
It's on ohayocon's website. Looks like they released the information on the schedule app as well
>>
will there be a lot of cute grills there?
>>
>>8803544
is there ever at anime conventions?
>>
>>8802996
It's one of the girls that helped out with it last year. She's not in any of the lolita comms that we know of. She was running it by herself until one of the comm members found out more information and got ahold of her and asked what was going on, if she needed help, etc.
>>
>>8803616
So there are people trying to recreate some dead chick's event.

Seems a little creepy desu
>>
File: demonz.png (56KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
demonz.png
56KB, 700x600px
Time for my yearly CGL post.

See y'all at the con~
>>
>>8803616
Thats pretty crappy to put all of that on one person.
>>8803748
The Crush is supposedly a "signature event".
>>
>>8802515
On the ohayocon facebook an email that someone recieved for the hyatt was posted saying each room at the hyatt gets 6 wristbands and guests cannot have anyone else in their room between 6 pm to 6 am. Glad I am not staying there but I am unsure how they well they will be able to enforce it during the con.
>>
>>8803961
>>
>>8803984
Thats some bullshit. Unless they are doing this for the entire hotel can they really inforce this?
>>
>>8803991
Sure they can. Just watch the elevators.
>>
>>8803984
>>8803961
>>8803991
>>8803996

Kind of makes me wonder how much of the traffic is from people with rooms just trying to get to their rooms compared to people who aren't staying in the hotel trying to get to other people's rooms and kids looking for parties.
>>
Isn't this wristband thing a scare every year? And they never do it.

Besides, if they're checking elevators and you have no wristband, use the stairs.
>>
>>8804120
the stairs are right past the elevator though
>>8801520
>No no no your wristband is your badge. You can thank every cunt that has ghosted ohayo for that. The con has a right to defend its investment

Imagine if they took the effort they put into wristbands/enforcement and instead channeled that energy into trying to give people reasons to actually buy a badge

>>8801929
Gachapon is shit :l their cabs are broke as fuck.

>>8801936
Why would they fight it? It was literally their idea? What the Hyatt is doing with wristbands is exactly what Ohayocon did with wristbands. It's inconveniencing their attendees in the name of loss prevention.
>>
>>8804313
>Stairs
Exactly what I thought at first when Ir ead it, since Youma did the same thing and people just used the stairs to go up to actual room floors and use the elevators. The problem with Ohayocon is that if you police the elevators you police the stairs.

I'm "hoping" it will not be as bad as we are fearing and you can have one person with a wristband vouch for everyone else in your group .

Also, hotel staff can't physically stop you from using stairs can they? They can ask to see your wristband but you can easily just say, I'm going to visit my friend. and continue walking, since they will have like 500 drunk people to police at midnight Saturday.
>>
>>8804313
Have you been to gachapon lately? On 4th? I'm not a shill, just curious, since last I went nothing I wanted to play was broken.
>>
>>8803777
EHG is that you? I didn't know you were an Ohioan.
>>
>>8804377
>hotel staff can't physically stop you from using stairs can they?
Nah but the police prolly can.

The thing is, anyone with a good reason to go up to the rooms (emergency situation or otherwise) will just use the front desk since they can either call the room or get someone to escort you up there.

Wristband checking at the elevator/stairwell is a sperg-filter

>since they will have like 500 drunk people to police at midnight Saturday
That's not the hotel staff's job though. Thats the police and con staff's.

The most they really do is lay down noise complaints and if people keep fucking up, they send like one guy accompanied by police to clear people out.
>>
>>8804394
>EHG is that you?
yeh
> I didn't know you were an Ohioan
Unfortunately
>>
>>8804609
>Unfortunately
Yeah I get that feeling. Do you cosplay or are you just going in normal clothes?
>>
>>8804710
>Do you cosplay
I've cosplayed one time. I really enjoyed it even though my costume was garbage. I usually just go as a normie looking to score drinks from underage party rooms.

Needless to say, these new rules are going to fuck my plans right up.
>>
>>8804715
Sucks to hear that man. I still hope you have a good time! I might see you around or I won't, I don't even know what you look like haha.
>>
File: neuralizer_large.jpg (17KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
neuralizer_large.jpg
17KB, 400x220px
>>8804725
I'll see you.

But you won't see me.
>>
Start calling the hyatt and complaining. Nothing gets change done like their phone lines being tied up by angry customers.
>>
>>8804313
Last I remember the only down cabinet of note was Pump. There are a few motion games that bounce in and out of repair but no one but one of the owners gives a shit about those.
>>
>>8804923
That place is a hellhole. If they are Ohayocon's game room trump card we're doomed.
>>
>>8804607
Hey retard, you know that the con has literally no authority in the hotel right?
>>
>>8804728
Please EHG. Come to the cgl meetup.
>>
I walked through the Hyatt and con center a little today (there was an Ohio Fair Managers event going on) and the hall way of the second floor hyatt going to the big space with the dealers room and entrance to the con center is really narrow- you can only have at most 4 people in a row. And that hallway with Einstein bagels is completely blocked, this is the only way between the Hyatt and con center.
>>
Fuck! The only thing I wanted to do there was play SDVX. All the panels are shit and everyone is a normalfag pretty much.

Anybody from /a/ /cgl/ want to meetup? I'd like to know I'm not the only one there that watches shit in japanese. (unlike everyone I'm going with)
>>
>>8805112
Have you even been to the place or do you just have a vendetta against the owners? They have all the usual con games.
>>
>>8805322
Did it look like the construction was going to make navigating the con hell?
>>
>>8805375
Yeah, it's going to be hard. There's now less spaces to get lost in the Hyatt if you're not familiar with it, but if you are and don't know what's been cut off you'll find yourself trying to get somewhere and hit a dead end. I think they said the big panel rooms that were in the hallway across from Einsteins are still there, but the only way to get to them is coming from the Hyatt area with the bar. It's blocked from the rest of the hallway going to the con center so if you want to go over there from those panel rooms, you will have to loop back into the Hyatt to get over to the hallway.
>>
>>8805350
Everyone who associates themselves with sows hates ggpon because of comments that Anthony and others made about them almost a year ago, before their move to the new location.

No one actually understands why they hate them anymore and they just do. Hoping Ohayocon changes some people's minds.
>>
>>8805114
>you know that the con has literally no authority in the hotel right?
Everybody communicates with everyone else so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>8805144
Nah, I usually just watch the meetup from the shadows. I've hung around some former CGL niggas kind of accidentally.
>>
>>8805419
>CGL being vendettachans over the GAME ROOM

Come on this is just ridiculous. Especially because Ohayocon's gamerooms have never NEVER been good.
>>
Two years ago I missed the last bus home and stayed overnight in the game room. It was awesome and I never got bored. Idk what more you're asking for.
>>
>>8805461
In my experience, everyone on SOWS is a fucking douchebag
>>
>>8805476
I don't even know what that is.
>>
>>8805419
>>8805461
>>8805476
Okay, in all fairness, everyone on SOWS might be a fucking douchebag. But the comments people made about them a year ago were perfectly true. GGPON is out to make money and doesn't give a fuck about the damage they do to the community. Them filling in for TA/BI after Ohayocon tried to fuck them is honestly just scummy, scab/strikebreaker shit. They're scum.
>>
>>8805524
How does one damage the community, like what did they do
>>
>>8805524
>SOWS
Please. What the fuck is SOWS?
>>
>>8805524
Wait so Ohayo tried fuck a vidya group out of some money and while they were backing out, GGPON stepped up to do the gameroom?

What the fuck did they expect? Is there supposed to be some kind of union? Some kind of convention game cartel that oversees which conventions get cabinets and organization and which ones don't?
>>
>>8805416
And the Hyatt thinks they are going to be able to manage the crowds by the elevators...
>>
>>8805478
>>8805534
Sows is one of the few remaining western Bemani communities. They're usually pretty vocal assholes about anything they don't like.

>>8805524
I don't think you understand business. They didn't even try to steal the contract out from under TA last year; Ohayo and TA couldn't make something work and pulled out and ggpon came in very last-minute. They should say no to a open business opportunity because a more-established business pulled out?
>>
>>8805637
Ohayocon refused to pay TA's parking fees 2 years ago, which was in the contract, so they backed out and ggpon moved in.
>>
>>8805531
When they were just starting out, around March-May, they did a lot of experimental/non-legit game setups using pirated software and ASCs.
Bemani community bitched, they got rid of their setups, still apparently on everyone's blacklist.
>>
>>8805643
I mean that honestly sucks shit for TA and they should prolly take up some action against Ohayocon, but it's not like they called "dips" on the whole god damn convention forever.
>>
File: 1450481098114.jpg (37KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1450481098114.jpg
37KB, 320x320px
>>8805524
>Scab
get fucked you commie faggot. All as far as i can tell is anthony called one of your boys a faggot, because surprise surprise, he's a fucking faggot.

Notice how no one can actually bring up these "comments" made? That's because you aspies have made a boogieman out of GG.
>T-THEY JUST WANT MONEY!
Oh lord! A business that tries to make money! The horror! Get fucked you pinko scum.
>>
JUST CONFIRMED:
I called the hotel and they have told me that due to the increase traffic they will also be requiring wristbands to use the hotel bathrooms located on the first and second floors of the lobby.
>>
>>8805876
Jesus fucking christ seriously? The walkthrough video shows that like half the hyatt bathrooms are under construction so somehow this doesn't surprise me
>>
>>8805876
WristbandCon 2k16
>>
File: 1447206479154.jpg (53KB, 599x489px) Image search: [Google]
1447206479154.jpg
53KB, 599x489px
>>8805916
This is going to be a shitshow, but I'm still going, and I'm still gonna have fun.
>>
>>8805469
I'm camping out in the game room it's gonna be great
>>
>>8805876
Now where will I go to take a major dump after a round of Charleys
>>
>>8805876
This is beyond fucked up! So you have to be a guest at the Hyatt in order to use the bathrooms? Bull shit!
>>
>>8806179
I guess everyone else needs to walk to the convention center. I was trying to stay positive but this is fucked up. I can't wait to see all of the drama.
>>
>>8806095
ask your mother about the night you were born.
>>
>>8805876
>>8806179
>>8806211
Hyatt ought to install pay toilets desu, but instead they'll use the sink to relieve themselves.
>>
>>8806211
Ugh. Since the main bathrooms are blocked off due to construction, the only available bathrooms to use are behind the big staircase. That's bs. They're always gonna be busy. I have no idea if they'll allow people to use restrooms on the other side of the con center where they have the rave. Even if they do, that's a long ass walk.
>>
>>8805876
Staff said they called and Hyatt said this was not correct.
>>
File: 1446667432661.jpg (49KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
1446667432661.jpg
49KB, 616x699px
>Not a single cosplay picture in the entire thread
>Entire thread is bitching about hotels
>>
>>8806721
Where's yours?
>>
>>8806739
Mine's in my closet because i couldn't attend and am browsing this thread in hopes of seeing what i might of missed
>>
>>8806767
How can you miss cosplays from a con that hasn't happened yet?"
>>
>>8807057

fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 396x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 396x720px
>>8806721
There have been a lot of plans posted to the group. I hope this chick keeps posting progress photos for her wig, it's looking pretty good.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 540x720px
>>8807338
A Mettaton. Will Undertale be the new plague Homestuck was?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 557x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 557x960px
>>8807342
Ursula
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 360x540px
>>8807347
A sailor Mars
>>
>>8807342
>Undertale be the new plague Homestuck was?

I think it will be about as cancerous as OFF was.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 540x720px
>>8807350
Some deadpool thing
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 660x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 660x960px
>>8807356
Eto
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 381x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 381x720px
>>8807359
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 651x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 651x720px
>>8807365
Posted by the Garrus.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 960x960px
>>8807374
Sailor Mercury
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 540x720px
>>8807388
A Kirito bro
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 444x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 444x720px
>>8807391
Really like this Joker
>>
File: soon.jpg (164KB, 1032x735px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
164KB, 1032x735px
I used to post and lurk /cgl/ a lot last summer, some of you may even remember me. I hope to see you all there. I'll also be packing a Sora/Shiro NGNL cosplay that I don't have pictures of.
>>
>>8807388
I am in love , who is this ?
>>
>>8786274
I have done it for the past three years & refuse to do it again. The press pool for Ohaycon is so cringy, it hurts. I was working for an entertainment magazine down here with a 200,000 person subscription base & they wouldn't get back to me about press credentials until a day before. I wrote features on people who have been there since day 1, how it has changed over the years, a feature on security, the economic impact of the con for the Columbus area & a bunch of other informative/interesting shit. I ran a three-day, live blog for the weekend on a site that gets 20k visitors a day. But I get lumped in with the person with a Tumblr & a camera phone. Sweet.

Tips:
Get your press pass early as shit on Friday. You can never get it Thursday.
Create your own story ideas. Come up with something interesting. Talk to the restaurant workers who are there each year & get their perspectives.
The Ohayocon staff honestly doesn't give a shit what you publish, I hate to admit. So just do your due diligence & make something cool out of the weekend.
You can get in the dealer's room after hours to talk to vendors.
You can talk to some of the artists for the rave.
Find anyone who looks like they know what they're doing & use them to find the people who do know what they're doing. If you have a press badge, you're a slight step above everyone else & can stretch that shit a mile.
But you'll also have the dumb shits who won't recognize that you have a press pass because they want some sense of control or something.

I had an interview with a vendor out of Cali scheduled for the minute the dealers room closed, as it would quiet & they would be full of stories. Yeah. Walk up to the door & the dude guarding it just sat there smiling & shaking his head at me. Had to reschedule for the next morning, making the vendors get up even earlier.

There's a reason I refuse to do it again this year.
>>
>>8808336
Thank you for all the info! I didn't think anyone would reply. Do they really let anybody with a tumblr have a press pass? That's beyond annoying. I remember at a con last year they let this woman in who interviewing guests while holding their wikipedia articles in her hand. Do you know how they organize guest interviews? Is it one on one or a group that takes turns?
>>
The negi hype is real. This is how bad it is. My friends who pre regged spaced on the date. If it wasnt for the social obligations of my panels i'd probably stay home. It is splatfest weekend after all.
>>
File: image.png (176KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
176KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>8809831
Again, I don't understand the concept of a PoC photoshoot.....

Even as a person of color, I just don't like the idea of making a big deal about anybody''s race
>>
>>8809916

I think it's absolutely insulting. Photoshoots are to line up characters as a group... What is this? To parade around a bunch of black people so white people can feel inclusion? Why not make them 21st century minstrels and dance for your entertainment?
>>
File: NormalAppImage(8).png (152KB, 1438x1007px) Image search: [Google]
NormalAppImage(8).png
152KB, 1438x1007px
>uses a mediocre point-and-shoot for paid shoots

>claims editing software (so I'm assuming Photoshop) makes up for the lack of camera quality

>I hate everything
>>
>>8807342
In short yes.
>but undertale cosplays are more difficult than homestuck tshirt cosplays.

That doesnt mean people cant just do a really bad job at trying.
>>
>>8809831
Is it even cosplayers of color?
How are they even going to run it? Like instead of shouting out characters or pairs is it just going to be like "okay now all the black people line up!" and so on?
I have so many questions, someone should go to this shoot and report back.
>>
File: 12356683614_4a664c0030_b.jpg (51KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
12356683614_4a664c0030_b.jpg
51KB, 600x800px
What do you all plan on getting from the dealers room? I always get too excited seeing figures in person and end up spending way too much money (^:
>>
>>8810228
I want some or all of the following.
>.hack// merchandise
>another wall scroll
>maybe a figurine if I can find one I like
>maybe a replica sword or something like that if I see one I really like
>maybe some clothing, a shirt or a scarf or something like that.
>oppai hoodie from OPM, go ahead and judge.
>>
>>8810275
>.hack// merchandise

Surprisingly this is one of the few cons where I've had any luck on this front. I picked up some nicer copies of the GU games along with the Haseo fig from the collector's edition (guy unfortunately didn't have the box...) last year that some dealer just had sitting at the back of their booth.
>>
>>8810228

I want that IA figure I saw at Otakon last year and didn't buy when I picked up my Tell Your World Miku... :/
>>
>>8810306
I watched .hack//sign about 3 years ago and it instantly became my favorite of that whole genre (SAO, Overlord, Log, etc etc.)
And I feel like I'm about a decade late to the party, sadly. The .hack hype has come and gone... There's rumors of a new project later this year though.
>>
>>8810228
I try not to buy full sized figures at ohayocon because everything's crazy marked up, and sometimes fake, but I really liked that one booth that was selling trading figures because those can be a pain to buy outside of Y!A.

.... Of course, I said that last year and ended up getting so excited to see Precure merch that I ended up buying all the ChibiArts, even though they were overpriced..
>>
>>8810349
A friend and I are doing some .hack// cosplay on Saturday probably, so be on the lookout I guess.
>>
>>8810379
What booth? I'm so jealous! All I was able to find was a princess happy figure and a cure rhythm figure. Were you the cure beauty cosplayer?
>>
File: 1395458505046.png (282KB, 578x572px) Image search: [Google]
1395458505046.png
282KB, 578x572px
>>8810384
you have caught my interest.
>>
>>8809948
I'm thinking about going, but I'm half Vietnamese and half Italian so I'm sure they'll tell me to "get out whitey" since I have no Asiatic facial features....

Last thing I wanna do is have to argue with idiots about how I'm not white >_>
>>
>>8809831
White people aren't included in this photo shoot so why are they trying to act excited about this? The people who make these kind of meetups probably don't want anything to do with white people's opinions anyway.
Pls bury any kind of white guilt you have, mind your own bussiness, and continue on with your life.
>>
>>8810511
It was near the front! All the way to the left, it was the one that was also selling rubber straps. The only Precure merch they had was the ChibiArts, though. The one that sold trading figures (all the way in the back) also had some mini cure stuff, I think it was all DokiDoki and then one Cure Sunshine.

>Were you the cure beauty cosplayer?
Nope, but her cosplay was really nice.
>>
>>8810228
I'm hoping that maybe someone might have neko atsume stuff. If not, plushies if they're not bootleg, a shirt, and merch of any of my fandoms. While I'm still disappointed by the AA, I actually found some decent prints last year.
>>
>>8810275
>maybe a sword or something
Dont buy weapons from a con anon. Even if it's just a wall hanger you find higher quality elsewhere.
>>
What state is this in, I told my friend it was in Australia and she keeps saying it is in Arkansas.
>>
>>8811127
It is in Ohio hence the con's name.
>>
>>8811150
Thanks
>>
>>8809210
I've always been granted 1 on 1s whenever I wanted. Likely because of how big the magazine was or maybe because I carried myself in a professional manner. Get there early. Maybe even tomorrow night to meet with organizers. They're going to be flustered already. Opening Friday is a walking heart attack for these folks! Get your times & contact information before the rush kicks in.

But yes. I talked with a few folks this past year. One couple had a "regularly visited Tumblr" blog & the other just a Wordpress cosplay blog. I recall coming up to David Muzniak (sp?) & we started discussing access, times & demographics. He seemed confused, but also excited. The people next to me...were the Tumblr bloggers. It made me sad. They just weren't asking questions or prepping for the weekend. They just wanted free passes, it seemed.

The super pro people will run in, get pictures & leave. But we're also fans! Don't forget to have fun. Do your work in bulk & make sure you're enjoying it as you go. Set goals for the day & get it out of the way early. If you're there Thursday night just for press, even though you can't get your press pass, you can sit down & talk to people in a quiet environment. They're excited, but not overwhelmed - yet. Also! Can't go wrong with some before & after, calm before the storm pix.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>8801345
that wig is far from complete
looks like she just took it out of the bag and didnt do shit to it
>>
File: 1452147197537.jpg (82KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452147197537.jpg
82KB, 624x960px
will there be drugs at the rave?
will it be all fat smelly weebs or will there be normal people there?
Will it be all weeb music?
>>
>>8811127
Ohayo= good morning. It's one of the first cons of the year. It also sounds like Ohio. Which is the state the con is hosted in. So it's just this excellent pun.
>>
File: Kanye-West-new-album-Yeez-008.jpg (24KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Kanye-West-new-album-Yeez-008.jpg
24KB, 460x276px
>>8811978
>will there be drugs at the rave?
If you have to ask that they you're prolly a dumb druggie with no ties to the community. Just stay home.

>will it be all fat smelly weebs or will there be normal people there?
Dumb normies are why the rave gets shut down every damn year after like 20 minutes. Some dumb ass tries to pop a bunch of shit or forgets to drink a little water and ruins it for everyone else.
>>
>>8812070
>t. Fat smelly weeb
>>
>>8812070
Last time I went to the rave a guy pulled his dick out and started urinating on the crowd, so I assume there's drugs
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>8812078
>Begging for drugs
>On the cosplay board
>On 4chan

You're a star player

>>8812083
Oh there totally is. They've never been able to stop people from bringing them in. That said, try hards who run in begging for them are usually the idiots who end up ruining things for everyone else.
>>
>>8812085
>begging
I literally just asked if they would be there you nigger
>>
>>8812092
>Begs for drugs
>Calls OTHER people nigger

Just stay home.
>>
>>8812103
make me nigger :^)
>>
File: 930hyvM.png (172KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
930hyvM.png
172KB, 500x285px
>>8812106
>make me
Nah I'll just watch the show when your dumb ass gets carted off by the police because you tried to buy pills from a 12 year old.
>>
>>8812112
see you there friendo ;^)
>>
>>8799468
Except that the management is purposely watering down Ohayocon. Hell I think we have the same guests every year.
>>
Two in the purple, one in the... yeah...

>>8812148
""""guests"""" yeah their big 3 guests have always been actual ohayocon staff lol
>>
>>8812192
This, Dejesus and Greg Ayers are department heads yet are always announced as "special guests!!"
>>
>>8812195
Why just be department heads when you can collect appearance fees? this was more of a thing back when they used to claim they were non-profit
>>
>>8811501
Everything you told me is super helpful, I'm glad there's someone sensible that I can ask about this stuff. I'll definitely be using all the tips you've given me. There are not many press people compared to say, artist alley folks, so I feel a certain kind of kindred spirit when I find people who also do press. Thanks so much for all your useful info, I appreciate it!
>>
>>8812148
Yeah. I know. That's why i called them the Cleveland Browns of cons
>>
>>8812331
If you see a dude dressed as Sabrina from Pokemon Saturday, come say "yo." I'm a quote machine. Good luck!
>>
ok is there a meetup?
>>
>>8812868
Which kind? A /cgl/ meetup or the lolita one?
>>
Tomorrow!! I'm honestly getting excited, even if it is a bad convention.
>>
>$60 for the weekend

Exactly who the fuck do they think they are?
>>
>>8813027
That's a competitive price for the region bruh. If you wanted a cheaper price you should of prereged
>>
>>8813044
Its been getting more expensive every year for the past 3ish years. Most other east coast cons (that I know of) are 45-50 for the weekend. Its getting a bit expensive. If they price jump again next year, they better have something to show for it. I hate pre-regging for this con though, despite it being my favorite convention, because the line for pre-reg is atrocious.
>>
>>8813027

You should feel lucky that anime cons haven't started some of the things comic cons tend to do these days. I don't get many guest autographs but I can pretty confidently say I haven't been charged for one of those on top of my badge yet at an anime con.
>>
>>8813044
>That's a competitive price for the region bruh.

But don't other conventions at least have new guests? Reasonable dealers rooms?

They've been hiking the price up without offering anything.
>>
>>8813053
>Its been getting more expensive every year for the past 3ish years.

That kind of what bugs me. You used to be able to pre-reg a year in advance on sunday for $25, then it went up to 30, then 35, which is still really reasonable. Then I think they stopped that all together.

Now it starts at $40 and just goes up. I wouldn't mind if they were actually offering anything new but it really doesn't seem like it.
>>
File: i learned it from you dad.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
i learned it from you dad.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
Yo I'm thinkin of goin. It would be my first anime convention. But I'm just a /fit/ normie. Is Ohayocon any good? Are con sloots a real thing at Ohayocon? Are the panels any good this year?
>>
>>8813145
>Is Ohayocon any good?

It's alright. If you enjoy watching people you'll be entertained for free. Most of the panels and programs are kinda dick though. Only buy a badge if you've been hiding your weeb power level.

>Are con sloots a real thing at Ohayocon?
Yes and no.

They exist but people tend to travel to these things in groups. Most chicks are either taken or have beta orbiters in the way. If you're just a lone guy you'll kind of stand out.

> Are the panels any good this year?
The panels are never good.
>>
Do people actually think the dealers room isn't good? i think it's great and is the only reason to go if you don't have a cosplay for the con. They have some good figure vendors.
>inb4 badly marked up
Nah even if you buy secondhand from Japan the shipping will bring the price pretty close to what Ohayocon sells.
>>
>>8813161
Well I'd be goin with someone else, another /fit/ normie lol. What about this rave?
>>
>>8813167
I agree although there are some booths that mark up the shit out of it, usually around 20-30 more than you'd be paying, even with shipping.
>>
File: 1451493445226.jpg (269KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1451493445226.jpg
269KB, 2048x1536px
I live 15 minutes away and I've been going for years. I can't tell if I'm just not that into it or Ohayocon actually sucks.

I want to enjoy it so badly, but when I go with friends they're always running to panels that they (pretend to) enjoy so I end up wandering around people watching.

Really I just want to meet some cool people, smoke/drink and chill out with but nobody wants to hang out with a normie that looks like he's alone.
>>
File: 6691034501_057eaa70f7.jpg (116KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
6691034501_057eaa70f7.jpg
116KB, 500x332px
>>8813186
Do you live in that van?
>>
>>8813190
Unfortunately no.
>>
>>8813178
>Well I'd be goin with someone else
Thats good. Two people is a good number, if you're not total spergs you can prolly join up with someone else's group.

>What about this rave?
The rave is kind of eh. Usually people go when they need to clear out their room party for a bit so they don't get any noise complaints. It can be fun but don't place all your bets on meeting someone interesting there.
>>
>>8813211
Do I wanna join up with someone else's group?
>>
>>8813186

Holy fuck are you me?

I've been going since 2006-7 and it's kind of just become a habit. When I'm alone it's hard talking to anyone and when I'm with my friends it's hard getting involved in larger scale shenanigans because no one wants to let four or five nerds into their room party.
>>
>>8813220
>Do I wanna join up with someone else's group?

The key to diving into the deeper levels on convention debauchery is forming connections. So you want to pal around with people, at least temporarily. Con parties (if any even happen because of this supposed wrist band shit) are always in flux and are always fleeting. It's god damn chaos.

Groups often disperse and people get scattered so it's good to have a few back up groups you can hit up when you want to keep the fun going.
>>
>>8813120
I never said anything about their business practices. All i said was it was competitive for the region.
>>
>>8813225
woooord
>>
>>8813226
>All i said was it was competitive for the region.

Yeah I understand that. My problem isn't just with the price. It's with the price compared to what they're offering.

$5 For a single carrot
$5 For a full course meal

Which are you more likely to look at and think "Wow thats bullshit"
>>
>>8813233
>$60 for the weekend

>Exactly who the fuck do they think they are?

Im sorry for the the misunderstanding my dude but your orignal post has nothing about that. You were just bitching about paying to attend an event.
>>
>>8813251
>your original post has nothing about that.

And yet you still compared the convention price to the prices of other conventions in the area. Doesn't seem like much of a leap of logic that you would also compare what those cons have to offer.

Or even compare what this Ohayo has in comparison to past Ohayocons, and also relate that to the price increase.

But yeah, you're right, expecting you to be able to be able to connect some dots was asking a bit much.
>>
Is anyone putting together a more casual /cgl/ meetup or is only the lolita stuff going on?

I didn't get my cosplay finished, but even if I did I'm pretty sure I'm not the audience for the whole "tea and brunch thing", even if the mental image is somewhat amusing.
>>
>>8812918
gull meetup
>>
Anyone from the Toledo or SE Michigan area heading down tomorrow or Saturday and has room in their car?
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 550x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 550x617px
Daily reminder that Ohayocon staff shills in these threads.
>>
>>8813502
can confirm
>>
>>8813497

It's not like it matters since no one has said anything really positive about the convention.
>>
My friends like to play a game with me called "How do you know them?"

So if you see a Hawaiian shirt walking around or at the bar on Sat feel free to say hi.
>>
>>8813502
too bad trannies are all gross in real life, none of them are cute traps like the internet promised
>>
>>8813513
can i please come up to you randomly and just chum it with you for like five minutes and carry on a totally fake conversation asking about how stuff is and then leave
is that something i can do
>>
>>8813223
It seems I am you. If I see you there I'll say hi. We can chill.
>>
>>8813533
>"is that something i can do?"
Sure, but I don't hold 'fake conversations' and there might be sweet potato fries if I'm at the bar.

I was just letting >>8813186 , >>8813223 , and anyone else needing people to chill with how to find someone.
>>
>>8812675
Welp I was planning on keeping an eye out so I could say hello but Ohayocon fucked me over so looks like it's not gonna happen. Man, they really have no idea what they're doing. Thanks for all the info anyway, I'll apply it to other cons if I can.
>>
My friends and I will be walking around as restaurants. Look for the tacky as shit KFC costume, and you'll have found us.
>>
>>8813784
What happened?
>>
>>8813444
>>8813484
There's usually one Friday or Saturday night at the Hyatt bar.
Make a seagull shaped sign and pick a table.
>>
>>8813834
I submitted my application but never heard anything back so I spent the day trying to contact somebody who works for the con, finally got a message back saying that the form got left up but they confirmed press passes last week and that I should try next year. If they could've at least sent me a courtesy email saying I was too late (even if that's not my fault since how was I supposed to know they weren't accepting any more applications since they didn't tell anyone), then I wouldn't have had to spend all week stressing over when they'll send out confirmations. Not that I'm salty or anything ha ha ha.
>>
This was my first con years ago and now it just seems like prices keep going up and attendance keeps going up and the con keeps going down so... why show?
>>
>>8814256
Oh yeah and I thought it was tacky as fuck that the gofundme for the DeJesus family was floating around. They lost a baby and were asking for money. I saw weebs who literally don't know where their next meal is coming from donating their pennies because they felt sooo bad for them. So Emily 'doesn't have to worry about working for a few weeks'...
>>
>>8814257
>the gofundme for the DeJesus family was floating around.
Skipped ohayocon since 2012. Could you fill me in?
>>
so is there a meetup or not tonight?
crowne plaza usually, right?
>>
>>8814957
I dropped by around 8 and didn't see anyone, so I suspect if there is a crown plaza meet up, it's going to have to be tomorrow unless we're dealing with some serious night-owls.
>>
>Having to pay 10 extra sheckles for a badge because its a "souvenir"

This fucked up con is only going down hill
>>
>>8815285
You're fucking joking right?
Please tell me you're joking
>>
>Try to join FB group to see if I can get a last minute ride
>24 hours, no group approval
>Go to check and find out I'm now blocked from the group

Um.
>>
>>8815479
where you at?
>>
>>8815490
All the way up in SE Michigan. I assume everyone from my area has already left for the con since its such a long trip.
>>
>>8805524
thank you for saying it.I've been saying it sense they apparently got lockdown for a sound voltex set up running on a fucking computer right in the middle of the place
>>
>>8815459
Nope.
>>
>went down to con just for today with some friends
>Got a fuckton of streetpasses (yay)
>got a RX78 high grade for 20 bucks (yay)
>saw some poor kid sitting on the bathroom floor in a stall violently vomiting in a seriously foul smelling and urine coated bathroom (seriously wtf, why don't they take better care of bathrooms)
>cops and security everywhere, kinda weird
>lots of people dancing, taking pictures in the halls and having fun
>cool weather makes walking around short north for all the new restaurants and shopping enjoyable and not a like the trip to Siberia it was in past years
>bunch of sketchballs in the smoker cove out front talking about MDMA (and everyone in the know knows you can't get real molly in state, it's either formek or sass cut with meth)

i just don't get what's going on with this con. on one hand there are a lot of clean and nice attendees and the con seems healthy and maybe growing, and on the other hand it's attracting the bad parts of the rave drug crowd and some people that i can only describe as "human garbage", in the "why are you so aggressively dirty and unkempt" sense.

im seriously not sure if some of these people are homeless or not. but that said those people are very few.

Not sure if id ever go here for a weekend again, maybe a day to hit the dealer room and play games with friends. Otherwise im saving my money for Colossalcon.
>>
>>8815557
Yeah it's got a pretty polarized community. Each part just sort of ignores the other. Colossalcon is infinitely better, but also more expensive for a weekend visit. This is probably my last year at this con- it's gone south in past years.
>>
File: uhh.jpg (97KB, 732x182px) Image search: [Google]
uhh.jpg
97KB, 732x182px
>>8815557
Speaking of trashy Ohayo attendees.
>>
>>8815574
*I put on my robe and wizard hat*
>>
>>8815459
Not at all
A piece of laminated paper is ten dollars. A wristband is your official badge
>>
>>8815505
>>8815701

That is absolutely insane.
5 is being too greedy. Maybe 2 dollars but no higher than that, and that's still pushing it since you've already paid 50 dollars.
What garbage.
>>
>>8815496
Someone set up sdvx in the game room? Damn wish I saw that.
>>
>>8815728
>already paid 50

Actually it was 60.

>>8815574

Holy fuck. This motherfucker most be more sad than I am.
>>
If another fucking security asshole grabs my arm to ask for the wristband in this cosplay, I'm going to taze them. Those thirsty faggots
>>
>>8815878
The security grabbed you? Isn't that not allowed?
>>
>>8815853
>>8815853
>>8815853
New thread since this one is in auto sage.

>>8815878
What did they look like?
>>
>>8804047
Hyatt employee here, it's real bad. Hence the change
>>
>>8816282
Im sitting by the fireplace at the crowne plaza bar, idk if anyone will really show up
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.