[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C..Can we get a hat thread? Does any1 else here make hats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0213.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0213.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
C..Can we get a hat thread? Does any1 else here make hats?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450636512354.jpg (62KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450636512354.jpg
62KB, 960x720px
I made one for a cosplay a few months ago, with craft foam covered in felt. It was a new experience but I like how it turned out.
>>
>>8774742
That's actually pretty cool.
>>
does anyone have any good tutorials for making witches hats?
>>
File: hatsan.jpg (151KB, 750x700px) Image search: [Google]
hatsan.jpg
151KB, 750x700px
Posted in dumb questions thread
>>8774968
I should try and get answers here as wel.
>>
>>8776544
Ill post some waypoints later, or links if i find some.
>>
I don't make hats but wearing one everywhere is my trademark. I'm the lady with the hats. My hair is a nightmare and I hate wearing wigs, so I found hats.

Spookyloop is a milliner and gives solid advice, and is friendly.
>>
I'd actually love to get an advice. I'm in need of a bowler hat (pic related) with a round top and since it seems impossible to find one in the right colour, how would one proceed to make one? Preferably without seams.
>>
Hat tutorial dump
>>
File: hat1.png (226KB, 443x1023px) Image search: [Google]
hat1.png
226KB, 443x1023px
>>8777607
Or not
>>
>>8776544
http://www.christinedemerchant.com/costume-wizard-hat.html this is a good tut if you're not too experienced in hat making. Also I used the same card stock that I drafted my pattern on as stiffener. Kind of a pain to turn inside out but super sturdy
>>
Old picture, but I've made like three Chopper hats, lmao. This is the most recent.
>>
>>8777615
Awesome, Thanks :)
>>
Does anyone have a sewn small silk top hat pattern/ tut? Other types of small sewn hats appropriate for classic lolita (bowlers or fascinators) would be much appreciated.

I really don't want this thread to die, I've wanted to make a hat for so long and don't know anyone who makes them
>>
>>8776603
Personally I would make her hat with a nice brushed twill or poplin with a stiff interfaced structure, held up with a chickenwire or other mesh wire form inside the point parts ONLY, then stitch that stuff down to a skullcap-like headpiece inside the hat that can securely clip into your wig. Think like a rounded fascinator with a hat built around it. That way the points will be very strong and hold up on their own, but the weight of the hat won't slip off your wig all the time. You'll just have to make sure your wig is pinned well to your head.

I can draw you a picture of what I mean if you'd like. Good luck with Ram!
>>
File: 1398380819364.jpg (866KB, 1072x4140px) Image search: [Google]
1398380819364.jpg
866KB, 1072x4140px
>>8782422
Not good, but you can take the basics from it
>>
File: Eileen the Crow.jpg (98KB, 754x960px) Image search: [Google]
Eileen the Crow.jpg
98KB, 754x960px
>>8776544
It depends on materials really. If you just want one seam then basically cut in half one of those cone shaped cups and extend it way out using a straight edge.
>>
>>8774742
I love this, what was the cosplay?
>>
File: Duran (3).png (874KB, 616x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Duran (3).png
874KB, 616x1282px
>>8788643
Thanks ! It was for Duran, from Avalon Code
>>
>>8777586
Do something about your damn hair. Cut it, get it treated, or wash it for once.
>>
>>8783086
will the brim always be glued on? all the instructions I could find had glue and i hate the idea of making something that could fall apart if you wear it once
>>
File: alice.png (1MB, 1091x591px) Image search: [Google]
alice.png
1MB, 1091x591px
Im trying to figure out how to put the rabbit ears on a top hat. I'd figure I could use felt and craft foam together
>>
>>8794320
Chopper from upthread here: depending on your material, I'd sew the base on and then use a clear fishing line to keep the ears in position to the hat.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.