[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 50

File: 1431401282014.jpg (72KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1431401282014.jpg
72KB, 500x321px
Old thread is autosaging

Ask your stupid Lolita/Cosplay/Jfash questions that don't belong anywhere else.
>>
File: fcf730ec.jpg (111KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
fcf730ec.jpg
111KB, 480x640px
I think I fucked up my ClosetChild order.
I did the thing but paid with a card. Somehow I missed the PLEASE USE PAYPAL sign. I already contacted CC but haven't heard from them yet.

I ordered 2 days ago and haven't gotten my confirmation email yet. Are they just checking stock before pulling the money from my account? All the items I purchased are in my bought section and there is an order number and everything.
>>
>>8769076
Are the items you bought marked as "sold" on the site? I'm not sure what you can do other than keep trying to get in touch with them, sorry anon! Best of luck.
>>
>>8769078
Yes, everything is marked as sold. I have checked back regularly and nothing have been put back in stock.
>>
>>8769087
Then I'd say if they don't get back in touch with you in a day or two, send them another message, definitely.
>>
I've not seen a recommendation thread in a while, did they get banned or something?
>>
>>8769134
They tend to be pretty slow and sometimes fall off the board because of inactivity. Start one if you'd like.
>>
I want go buy a corset lolita skirt but i have an issue... I have IBS and things too tight on my waist are unconfortable, i needed to buy a size bigger or i have to avoid corset skirts? I like the bodyline Aterlier Pierrot replica. My waist is 71 cm.
>>
>>8769435
Then don't get the skirt...? Seems like simple logic if it has the chance of negatively impacting your health. Plus corseted skirts usually look tacky, imo.
>>
>>8769435
Dont wear a corset skirt. It isnt an issue of size, the whole concept is so that it is on the tight side to give in that look. It wont be like a real corset and you shoudlnt put a lot of pressure on that plastic boning but if you have a medical issue dont chance it.
>>
File: cotton candy shop.png (596KB, 611x612px) Image search: [Google]
cotton candy shop.png
596KB, 611x612px
can i incorporate lolita clothing (sweet, of course) into a fairy kei-esque style? i adore lolita, but im not quite ready to jump in, and i feel a lot more comfortable dressing in fairy kei!! but i dont want to do a sweet lolita piece injustice.
also, if i can, i would still need a petti, right? or no? sorry for all the questions. pic related, i know its not fairy kei but its cotton candy shop paired with a blouse that, imho, could be switched out with a nice cutsew and look just as nice!!
>>
>>8770047
Sure, just please don't call it Lolita. But you're probably going to get called an ita anyway.
>>
>>8770051
never!! I believe I know what is and isn't lolita from lurking and learning on here as well as other communities. i definitely wouldnt call it lolita.
i just love fairy kei so much and thought that acquiring a sweet piece would be a clever way to transition into lolita if i ever found the guts. in the meantime i would just make fairy coords and not try and pass it off as lolita, hehe. thank you for the answer
>>
>>8770047
You can, I've seen some great fairy kei outfits with lolita main pieces, just don't call it lolita and do wear a petticoat! Lolita pieces are designed to be worn with petticoats so they look bad without them!
>>
Do used animu goods stores in Akiba or Nakano have pushes like Alpacassos? Maybe not the right board but I asked /a/ buyfags and they aren't helpful if you're not looking for plastic tits.
>>
>>8770070
>>8770047
You can definitely do this, and it's not even that rare, really. Disagreeing with the other anon, though. Most of what you'll wear in fairy kei (salopettes, mini skirts, cutsew ops, etc) does not require a petti to look good and frequently won't even fit a petti properly.
>>
>>8770070
>>8770091
Thank you so much for your input !! <3
>>
Just curious, why do so many secondhand shops like Tokyo Alice keep up sold out listings for so long? Violet Blue is particularly guilty of this, I feel like I've been looking at the same sold out item for like a year
>>
Are there any shopping services based in Osaka?
>>
>>8770436
I think it's so people can see what kinds of items they've had in the past to see what they can expect of future stock. You can see whether they get good condition or popular pieces and how often new pieces come in. I find it a lot more useful than just seeing nothing beacuse it's sold out.
>>
How do I legit going about calling someone up with a super accurate Storm Trooper costume, and coming over and having sex with me?
>>
Is 290$ a good price for MCD? It's the round collar JSK, brown colourway. It's my dream print but definitely not my dreamcut so I'm not sure.
>>
>>8770493
>How do I legit going about calling someone up with a super accurate

Ok,I'm with you.

>Storm Trooper costume, and coming over

Private party?

> and having sex with me?

You lost me. You kinky little thing.
>>
Is it frowned upon to wear the exact same coord more than once?
>>
>>8770890
Not that I ever heard of? If it's a nice outfit, sport it twice.
Common sense, but just make sure it's clean and all that.
>>
I have two things of craft foam. One is covered with some layers of Plasti-dip and glossy paint and is convex. The other is a small, thin emblem that is "pointy" (i.e. parts of it come to a small point) and is pure unpainted craft foam.

How do I connect these two? I worry hot glue is too hard to handle and will spill out the sides. Or any glue for that matter.
>>
>>8770890
I do it often, if there's nothing wrong with it, don't change with
>>
File: 61dtJbOAHTL._SL1067_.jpg (119KB, 1000x1067px) Image search: [Google]
61dtJbOAHTL._SL1067_.jpg
119KB, 1000x1067px
How do I pattern the white fluff on the skirt? I've seen many people do just a folded and basted tube before and it doesn't drape in the same way.
>>
I'm using tenso for the first time, trying to order something from mobacolle (which I know you could use tenso with, last year at least) and my card just got rejected. Am I doing something wrong or are they not accepting foreign cards anymore? I think they wanted my name and surname on the card in katakana so maybe that's why?
>>
>>8771006
Found the answer, just needed to look up cascade ruffles.
>>
>>8768622
I'm a man, but i want to get into lolita. What do i do to get started?
>>
>>8771049
Read the beginner lolita guides. Read the beginner crossplaying guides. Do both. Don't skimp on the petticoat. Don't skimp on the make-up.
>>
what's your guys opinion on salopettes?? i dont see much chatter about them so i was curious.
>>
>>8771009
Your bank/credit card company is probably automatically blocking the transaction for fraud detection purposes. Call them up and tell them it really is you making the purchase. They'll make a note and it should go through after that.
It happens to me sometimes, especially when I make multiple foreign purchases within a few days.
>>
When do brands start winter sales? Like, if there's something I like on the website is it worth holding out another couple weeks?
>>
Does anyone recommend a good shopping service for Mercari? I'm not sure if Chibi Tenshi can order from it, so I'm just wondering if there's any other SS that can.
>>
>>8771126
Thanks anon, I did get a text from my bank. By the way can you declare things as gifts/undervalue then with tenso? Googled it but I can't find one definite answer
>>
can lace be easily dyed with rit dye?
>>
I think this is a dumb question.
Based on resale value and the fact that plus sized lolitas generally pay more for fitting things, could I get $50 over retail price for my BNWT and worn once for a JSK that is just way too large for me? The pricing is all over the place, but it's too big on me and I'm comparatively huge to the standard.
>>
>>8771408
Possibly? I'd try a plus-size sales group on Facebook so that people don't just think you're scalping some random dress.
>>
Does tenso mark down packages?
I swear I read somewhere that they do for a small fee but I can't find that info anywhere.
>>
My gf wants to get into cosplay but she seems to be more of a 'buy a cheap chinese costume' person. How would I entice her to learning more about making her own costumes through her own work and time?
>>
>>8771605

> wanting her to look like shit when she could find a reasonably cheap premade costume
>>
>>8771605
Let her do what she wants to do. If she isn't comfortable making it then don't force her. Also "cheap chinese costume" ? With a bit of research you can find really pretty cosplays on taobao.
>>
Are there any good European stores that sell loliable blouses?
My parents want to buy me a blouse for christmas but they don't really trust Chinese online shops and I don't want to put them through the hassle of paying customs.
>>
File: 8148-1141183793.png (92KB, 770x700px) Image search: [Google]
8148-1141183793.png
92KB, 770x700px
How the hell could I make the upper body without it looking like shit. The only other person I've seen do LR looked like absolute ass
>>
>>8771921
Lady Sloth
>>
>>8771954
You're basically making a Kamen Rider outfit. Look for tuts on Ichigo armor, especially the "Kamen Rider The First" version
>>
>>8771124
I've always loved them! From what I've heard about them, most lolitas hate them and think they're ugly/don't belong in lolita. I think they're mostly worn in fairy-kei & more casual cute fashions rather than lolita. Also I've heard they only look good on short (like 5 feet tall) + flat chested people. And that the lucky pack releases tend to be even shorter than normal salos. I don't know much about them either so I'm not even sure how true any of this is.
Anyone else have any more input?
>>
>>8771124
Taller busty lolita here; exactly what the other gull said. They're really only meant for shorter, flat chested girls otherwise they look awful. I think they're cute as hell, though.
>>
When someone says a headbow is "wired and therefore adjustable" what part of the headbow are they talking about? I'm really hoping it means the band is adjustable because I've tried to wear headbows before and they pinch my head too much.
>>
I'm looking to buy someone a gift card for some lollita clothing.. I'm not really knowledgable on this topic.. I want to do a gift card so she knows I care about her, versus just money. I don't know her measurements. She's losing weight, so a site with average weight to plus size would be great.

Oh, and I understand she enjoys the "sweet" style. So I think that's pink, feminine, cute stuff right?

Any recommendations would be great. She browses here from time to time so I thought it'd be a good place to ask.
>>
>>8772753
I know Angelic Pretty SF's website lets you purchase gift certificates, and sometimes their pieces can accommodate plus sizes, though it can vary. Even if the main pieces don't fit her she can use the money on accessories.
>>
>>8772759

Hmm that might work. She seems to have a good amount of dresses, or works in progress. I don't think she has many accessories.. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that site.
>>
Can you purchase items from closetchild using tenso?
>>
>>8772743
i don't actually know, but i would guess the bow itself is wired. can you ask?
>>
>>8773033
why not just order directly?
>>
>>8773039
I bought some socks from AP so that my credit card info would be registered on the site for the chocolate rosette release. But I wasn't able to get anything and I would rather not pay for $20+ EMS shipping merely for a pair of socks.
>>
What is it with people who list items for sale when the damn thing is still with their SS? At least wait until it arrives so you can take the proof pictures. Or do they tell their SS's to forward the item directly to the buyer?
>>
>>8772743
Wired headbows have wires inside them that allow you to adjust their shape and how they sit on your head, the headband itself is not adjustable.
Which headbows have to tried to wear so far? In my experience most of BTSSB's headbands are super tight and painful (except for the plastic ones) but IW's aren't so bad.
>>
>>8773372
I wore a couple from AP and BTSSB and have been avoiding them since. The AP ones dug into my head gradually but I just couldn't stand the BTSSB ones. Thanks for the tip about IW though, I might give one of theirs a shot if I see something I like.
>>
>>8773360
Because people are silly/don't think sempai

My question is is it impossible to ship cosplay weapons using taobao or a Japanese ss?
>>
Does anyone know how to sign up for Anime central's forums? My friends wanted me to go there because they are running a panel. I can't make an account and they haven't sent me an email yet. Is the Admin on leave or something?
>>
File: tofu.png (864KB, 745x691px) Image search: [Google]
tofu.png
864KB, 745x691px
got myself some worbla for a half-life metrocop cosplay. first time im actually working with this stuff, which side is the outside part? the rough textured side or the smooth side?

pic related probably you guys at me
>>
Any suggestions for sites to get nice wrist cuffs for under $40?
>>
>>8770986
E6000. That shit glues everything.
>>
File: 314867ShirringPrincessJSKblack2.jpg (78KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
314867ShirringPrincessJSKblack2.jpg
78KB, 480x640px
I have Baby's princess shirring jsk in all black, and I don't know if it can be delicate washed by machine, if I should do it by hand, or just take it to the dry cleaners. Pic is dress in question.
>>
>>8774935
You could probably just throw it in the wash and it be fine. Washing is an issue for weird materials and prints. Most stuff is like anything else.
>>
>>8774941
Alright. I think if I use a garment bag and do it on gentle should be ok, and remove the waist ties to avoid getting wrapped or ripping the buttons off. It's the one from 2006 so I'm a bit worried about it.
>>
>>8774935
I machine washed my tartan shirring princess JSK like every week back when I was a daily lolita in 2009, haha. It's a sturdy cotton dress, it'll handle it. Just don't wash it too hot, put on a gentle cycle with cooler water so you don't fade the black. Remove the waist-bow and waist-ties and put it in a garment bag if you want to be sure!
>>
>>8774271
I have two pairs of torchon lace Baby wristcuffs I wanna get rid of, one black and one white pair. You could have them both for $40 shipped. Interested?
>>
File: hatsan.jpg (151KB, 750x700px) Image search: [Google]
hatsan.jpg
151KB, 750x700px
How do I go on making a hat, that needs stuffing, should I just use ordinary foam?
Hat in question by the by.

I have the general idea, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>8774958
Thank you so much!
>>
>>8774935
>>8774948
if you're worried, just wash it in cold water by hand gently. the non-print stuff that's one solid color generally isn't something to be as worried about, especially if it's something like what I'm assuming is cotton or poly or a mix of both. i use woolite gentle to handwash items.
>>
File: ballerina socks.jpg (18KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
ballerina socks.jpg
18KB, 250x333px
Has anyone seen socks like these, except in a darker wine red rather than bright red? I'd really love to have a pair in that color since I love this style but bright red goes with nothing in my wardrobe.
>>
is there a guide for using taobao's forwarding service? also, which is the best SS for reservations and pre-orders or could that be managed in taobaos forwarding service?
>>
>>8775181
Pretty sure those were released in wine x grey
>>
Cosplay related mainly;

Glasses in cosplay - what's better, plano glass or lenses popped out? Plano obviously looks better IRL, but they're also a pain in the butt when it comes to photoshoots as they tend to be untreated and highly reflective...

My only straight answer is when it comes to characters who for whatever reason have one lens which you need glass in for, in which case you should have a plano for the plain eye.
>>
>>8775181
Secret shop makes these in wine x offwhite. (I have them)
>>
>>8773550
Shiny side is sticky side which is the side you'll be sticking the foam to.

Rough side is outside, it gets rougher when shaped so you need to prime and smooth it out.
>>
>>8776003
Go to online glasses shops
you can get planos with trated unfelacive glass pretty easily. Never ever have the lenses popped out else you'll look like a needy scene girl in 3d glasses
>>
File: image.png (125KB, 770x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125KB, 770x700px
I feel like this may have been asked before, but how would I accomplish making her dress pieces stand up? I think it would look frumpy flat and I think wire wouldn't give the desired effect
>>
>>8776156
>wire wouldn't give it the desired effect.

Why not? Wire seems to be a fine way to make it stand like that.
>>
>>8776156
Interface it and use a heavier gauge wire.
>>
>>8774968
Small bump of hope?
>>
Where's a good place to buy upward facing wings?
>>
Has anyone else never ever had any good orders from Arda Wigs? I just always have the worse luck with them.
>First order 2 years ago is a 'older prototype' of Jeanine and large enough to fit a beach ball it felt
>They have 'no idea' how it was put in my package and send me replacement and tell me keep the wig parts I had
>Second order some time later after friend swears they're 'great now' Same wig style
>Now it's a 'factory malfunction' that some cosplayers just totally loved! Well I don't
>Got new wig and delivered other at a con.
>Last and final order this year
>Completely wrong coloring and so thin my wig cap showed.
I've since given up and alternate between dolluxe.com, Epic Cosplay, and 5wits.
>>
>>8774968
I'd do foam myself then use a stretch fabric over it.
>>
I want to get something for my GF. what are some good stores online to buy from?
>>
Was thinking something like that, but I've never worked with foam in large quantities like so, so should I sew directly on the foam, or use something.
>>
>>8776606
Look up top hat tutorials. It's the same basic principle and can give you a base to work on.
>>
I need pink and purple fabric for a tunic I'm making. I choose a 45% linen and 55% rayon blend for the pink, but I can't find a right shade of purple that is the same blend of materials. Should I just get white and dye it purple? How well does that dye? Is there a suggested dye brand to use? Or should I just get a purple linen?
>>
File: vcalaopsh_01.jpg (71KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
vcalaopsh_01.jpg
71KB, 300x400px
How do you wear a petticoat with a dropped waist dress? Pic related. It looks like it sits on the hips, but I only have a petticoat that sits on my natural waist. I could move it down, but then it might be too long for the dress. And if I leave it at my natural waist, it will look bulky and messy at the waist? Any suggestions on what kind of petticoat shape to buy or how to wear a regular one with a dropped waist dress?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
this question is both particular as fuck and dumb x10, but im having some serious trouble deciding whether to purchase the candy sprinkle salopette in pink or lavender. i found someone selling it in pink for a Really Low™ price, but my hearts kind of set on lavender for some reason.
anyways, i can't decide what looks better ... so any thoughts would be appreciated. pic related !
>>
>>8776738
If you like them both equally, get the cheaper one.
Personally, I like lavender better, but that's just me.
>>
>>8776738
I prefer lavender, but if I were you I'd get the cheap one
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
Is there a 'proper' way to wear a french beret? I see some girls just plop them on their heads like a mushroom and others fluff them out while others let the crease remain crisp. And brand berets seem to be shaped a bit different from traditional ones?
>>
>>8776737
Roll the waistband, or get a rockabilly swing petti. Check how the dress sits on you first though
>>
>>8776738
I was in a similar situation as you, found the pink salo for cheap and went with it even though I also love the lavender. I'd say get the pink if money is an issue but if it isn't and you don't mind paying the extra, get lav. Also if you're in a place where it's the middle of winter right now maybe take into account that you wont be able to wear it yet anyway so you might want to wait. Also candy sprinkle salo is pretty short so just be aware of that too. I'm 5 ft and the salo still goes to mid thigh on me. You can lengthen the straps but... I think it just looks weird when I do that. Anyway, good luck deciding!!
>>
What the fuck does OP stand for? One piece? Original print?
>>
>>8778036
one piece, referring to the fact that you don't need a blouse iirc
>>
>>8777656
I don't think so, anon; just pick the way you like the most.
So long as it doesn't fall of your head, any way you chose is fine.
>>
Can I cosplay as Guts if I'm really short?
I have pretty large arms/shoulders but I'm short af at 5'6"
I really really like Berserk and this is pretty much a dream cosplay of myne but I don't want to end up looking like crap. I've considered going with Griffith but I'm a bit too muscular for it.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>8778084
you can get some boots with a bit of a platform like pic related and then put lifts in them to get to around 5'9"-5'10". Guts has boot armor that can be used to hide the platform. Live your dream anon.
>>
>>8778094
that sounds like it'll make it really awkward for me to walk which is hard enough in eva armor.
I think I'm gonna try and get a little bit better at armor making and then move onto this. As long as I nail the paint and weathering I don't think my height will really matter that much in comparison
>>
>>8778110
Platforms are actually pretty easy to walk in. They aren't like heels.
>>
What time are the AP lucky packs being released online tomorrow?
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 230x230px
What is everyones opinion on Axes femme?
>>
I'm kind of tempted to buy one of Baby's frilly $80+ rectangular headdresses but I've never bought brand accessories before, are they worth it? Or should I just stick to the better Etsy and Taobao stores?
>>
Any advice for dealing with a buyer who refused to leave feedback due to it being "too hard" to follow the format on egl-comm-sales
>>
>>8778382
I mean eglfeedback
>>
>>8778140
6pm JST.

>>8778294
Which ones are 80+? I got a couple that are around $40 and they are nice and soft, so I would say it's worth it. I wouldn't pay more than that though. If you want more variety I would go with etsy.
>>
where can i buy this jacket (its circled in blue) or something very similiar?
>>
File: Headdresses.png (1MB, 947x640px) Image search: [Google]
Headdresses.png
1MB, 947x640px
>>8778389
The one on the left is $86 in the NYC shop and the right one is $128. As much as I like the right one, though, it's probably not worth that much.
>>
Yo doesnt look like there's a thread for this so I'm guessing I can ask
Someone throw ideas that fit my current body shape well, open to practically anything
M 5'4" ~185lbs (I need to lose dat) 42 41 39
And if you're using bodyvisualizer for whatever reason it looks closer at 40, 41, 39, 29, 9
>>
>>8778233
Great quality for everyday wearable pieces, easily washed too. Also pretty good value as it isn't too pricy new and you can get their pieces sometimes NWT dirt cheap on auctions.
>>
>>8778650
Going on body visualiser you look like an apple shape. Look for guides based on that
>>
File: tumblr_nz3yomn0Dz1sia01ho1_540.jpg (97KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz3yomn0Dz1sia01ho1_540.jpg
97KB, 540x540px
Dunno if this is the right thread, but this is a thread for dumb questions even for j-fashion so here goes...
Does anyone know where I can find these tights? The user's askbox is closed so I can't ask them.
>>
I vaguely remember someone mentioning that at some point in the past, an anon posted a guide about blouse and JSK necklines and which ones go together. If anyone has that saved and can post it here I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.
>>
Anyone know where to get Altier styled coats and shirts for young boys/children? (10-14 yrs)

Most formal clothing for kids is boring.
>>
>>8779452
*atelier boz
>>
>>8779452
Fanplusfriend do custom orders.
>>
>>8779206
Hellobatty's ask box isn't closed
http://thehellobatty.tumblr.com/ask
>>
>>8779206
http://www.redbubble.com/people/loll3/shop
>>
>>8776003
I always do plano, but I do have photogs complaining about the reflective lens when photoshooting. So I learnt to prepare both plano and without lens for different needs, but I emphasis to my photogs that I want the plano look whenever possible.
>>
I would like to find a girl, she was a lolita I met years ago around 2006. She is truly my lolita idol and I've tried to find her online countless of times but I always failed. I kind of feel weird to post her picture and ask here if anyone knows her but I'm kind of at my wits end. She has been an increadible fashion inspiration for me and I just wish I could get more pictures of her (yes I know I'm a creepy creep) but still

What do?
>>
File: 15_12_24_30_1.jpg (86KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
15_12_24_30_1.jpg
86KB, 426x640px
Anyone have Metas stock images or details for this dress? Its not on lolibrary.
>>
File: occultdress.jpg (76KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
occultdress.jpg
76KB, 570x855px
I'm buying the dress regardless but does anyone think this would be good for lolita? I wanna do a gothic coord with it but I'm not sure if it's the right shape or if the print's too busy. Should I just stick to trad goth/psychobilly with this?
>>
>>8780181
It's been nearly 10 years so chances are she's left the fashion by now or might not have had/have an online fashion.
>>
>>8780391
Try it on when you get it and see what it looks like in a lolita coordinate (with a petticoat, blouse, accessories, etc.). The print is a bit busy and probably not to everyone's tastes so you might get told it looks terrible even when coordinated properly but you never know, it might surprise you. You'll have to try to be sure.
>>
>>8780399
In that case I may save a lolita coord with it for Halloween since that's the time of year everyone can be ita as fuck and no one can say shit about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 363x485px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 363x485px
I just ordered this veil to wear with a couple of darker dresses I have, but I've really been stumped on what to wear it with on my head. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of some sort of flower crown, but I don't know. Do you think it's too plain to wear by itself?
>>
>>8780560
It is a little plain to wear by itself since its already kind of an OTT accessory, however, you don't have to go big with the flower crown if you don't want to.
A little chain over the forehead would be nice.
>>
>>8780181
we can't help if you don't post an image. As long as you're not being sexual or overbearing there's nothing wrong
>>
>>8778386
>>8778382
talk to the mods (message multiple mods multiple times till you get a fucking answer, explain situation. don't leave your buyer feedback until she comes through
>>
>>8776737
a-line petti, they usually just have the slip with no poof on the first 2-3 inches down from the waistband
>>
How does one know if there will be a MTO? About how long after a release or re-release is it announced? I really want chocolate rosette but I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on it even with the AP USA release.
>>
>>8771050
not that brolita, but where is the best place for a petticoat that won't deflate after a few wears?
>>
>>8780924
malco modes or melikestea
>>
>>8780864
There is no way to know when a brand will re-release anything or make it a MTO. We know that people can ask for one and they may decide to, but if they give in and when they do it is up to them. Many people did not expect HL to be rereleased despite the demand, and then no one really thought they would do 2 MTOs so soon after the 2nd release. Its up to them.
>>
>>8780864
If you want a MTO the best thing you can do is write directly to AP and encourage others to do the same, letting them know that there are enough customers and money to be made for it to be worth another run. Or pray that Chinese lolitas are compelled to do the same.
>>
>>8780962
>>8780967
Thank you! I will do both. I feel so stupid for not already knowing, sorry!
>>
File: bodyline dress.png (613KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bodyline dress.png
613KB, 700x1200px
Pic-related, what do you guys think about buying the same dress in different colors? I love this dress but I adore all the colors and I'm torn on choosing only one...
>>
Is the Cosplay Queue Up video series any good? Their videos keep showing up on my youtube main page so I checked them out and am quite unsure. Example makeup tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdfAcZKr_To
I'm just... I've seen worse and better results, so I'm unsure if I should bin their suggestions or follow their tips, especially as someone somewhat new to cosplay and lacking years of experience in getting looks right.
>>
I doubt it goes here but idk if people make suggestion threads anymore (plus I don't have the little template thing) but does anyone know any good characters to cosplay if you're short chubby and large chested?
>>
>>8781088

I think it's a good idea actually.
I'd say choose two. Any more than that and it looks like you are stuck in a rut.
>>
>>8776558

Their wigs are HUGE but I have literally never heard of them being thing, I've had more problems with them being so thick and heavy my neck hurts. Bad luck?
>>
>>8781351

*thin, it's late
>>
>>8776558
Holy shit anon, are you me? I've had 5 bad experiences (and 0 good) with Arda, but any time I share, people argue with me about how good they are and how they swear by Arda, so I don't share often. Here are the first three.
>first purchase at a con, bob wig with lady-gaga styled bow made of hair
>bob was so teased I couldn't do shit with it and couldn't fix it
>emailed, they weren't sure why it was teased, was not offered anything.
>second order for a friend, wig was very thin and not heat resistant (melted when curled on low setting)
>friend was pissed but didn't do anything about it
>third order was a wig for a cosplay, only site that had the sort-of correct color and I'm too lazy to do the ink dye method
>wig feels like it has been dipped in hairspray and is so teased I can see the wefts despite there being a ton of hair
>threw it away because I was so pissed and they wouldn't respond to my emails.
I use AnimeStuffStore/purple plum for cosplay. I used to use GLW, but now I use Lockshop for Lolita.
>>
File: 590idolizedNico.png (169KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
590idolizedNico.png
169KB, 512x720px
I know you're suppose to use badding if you're cosplaying character with big breast but are you suppose to use binder if you are cosplaying small breasted character? I'd like to cosplay Nico, but I have quite feminine and mature hourglass body. Will the binding be enough or is Nico just out of the question for me? Pic related
>>
I have angelic pretty red socks and blouses. Anyone know if AP reds bleed when washed? They have white trim and I'm worried it'll emerge pink.
>>
>>8776558
I've purchased 3 Arda wigs, the first 2 were dead-ends, the last one worked out okay.
I bought a Jareth to spike up which, for the life of me and every method that had always worked before, WOULD NOT style; followed by a Rocky that was so large it completely covers my ears when I put it on; lastly a Derek that, while still a little big on me, is actually a pretty nice wig. The only people I know who like Arda are girls with lots of thick hair that they need the large cap size for, or dudes with huge skulls.
>>
>>8781687
If anyone is interested! I put a color catcher in with the garments and while no bleeding happened to the whites on the clothing, the color catcher rubbed the color off the blouse in some places. Didn't expect that and I'm not sure if my blouse is salvageable. Use color catchers at your own risk.
>>
File: 09jijijojoijoijo.png (26KB, 557x445px) Image search: [Google]
09jijijojoijoijo.png
26KB, 557x445px
I ordered some secret honey dresses on rakuten for the first time yesterday and i think i mightve messed up ? ;__; what does this say?? will it get to my tenso address?
>>
>>8781837
It says (quick shitty translation):

Thanks for ordering from Secret Honey by Honey Bunch.

We have shipped your items.
If you need to change your delivery date, we're very sorry, but we ask you to please contact Sagawa Express with the enquiry number.

If you're not available/at home when Sagawa attempts delivery, Sagawa will hold onto your items for a 1 week period. Please understand in advance that if the period exceeds one week, the items will be returned. Also, please understand that if your item is returned due to a prolonged absence, further orders will be denied.

This seems pretty standard. Did you contact them about something or?
>>
>>8781842
Ohhhh i see now. At first i used google translate and was the impression that they couldnt deliver it. Thank you so much for translating
>>
>>8781857
No problem! It's fun to informally translate little things like this; it only took a minute and makes me feel good about my skills!
>>
How is Marble as a brand? Some of their things look super cute but in some of the stock photos there's an obvious and worrying shine on the clothes.
>>
Can you be too old to cosplay? I've been a weeb since I was a teenager but never cosplayed due to not having enough money or self-esteem. But now I'm almost done with college and found friends who want to cosplay. Since I know I'll just be starting out, I'm expecting my first few costumes to look like shit but I'd like to try it out. But I'll be applying to grad programs along with gap years so I'll be older than most people at cons once I get the ball rolling..

TLDR - is there a specific age where cosplaying can get weird? I guess I shouldn't really care if I'm doing such a niche hobby regardless but I'd like to hear some opinions.
>>
>>8782129
For me there isn't a weird age to cosplay, just gotta find the right character to work with your age (bonus if you look younger than your age) My community has an old lady around her sixties & she is hailed as a cosplay celebrity by local media.
>>
Wunderwelt is generally good, right? I've looked up reviews and it seems fine but I think I remember someone in my comm as well as maybe someone on here saying they never got their items?? I'm mostly just in disbelief that they ship internationally and I don't need an SS.
>>
Meta's stock photos make their off-whites look like regular stark white to me, are they like that in real life too?
>>
>>8782146
They are like closest child. Second hand store, ships internationally. They seem to price their things a bit high for my taste but nothing scammy about it.
>>
>>8782193
They started pricing higher in the last year or two, basically when more of the western community discovered them and international shipping became more of a routine thing. It's the same as closet child and maiden clothing, their shit was way cheaper pre-international shipping.
>>
Where can I buy decent quality printed tights in the US other than Sockdreams?
>>
>>8780643
thank you
>>
Tenso needs you to upload a photo ID with an address, right? I live in my college town for most of the year but my driver's license shows my parents' house. I don't have any other photo ID with name and address. Am I going to need my parents to ship everything I order from Tenso to my apartment?
>>
>>8783051
I think you can do a photo id for name plus face and then a separate piece of mail or whatever (I used a bank statement) for name plus address. Iirc I did passport, which doesn't have my address on it.
>>
File: rize example.jpg (103KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
rize example.jpg
103KB, 480x640px
I see many cosplays of Rize from Tokyo Ghoul in a fancy black dress. Does anyone know where the illustration is from?
>>
What's the difference between knits and linings and which one should I use to make a cloak? I'm at joanns right now and I have no idea which one I should go with.
>>
>>8782112
Low quality fabrics, often with tons of ruffles which make the pieces very heavy, also lots of plastic raschel lace
>>
>>8783724
Ain't that the way of things. Thanks.
>>
>>8783673
A knit is a material that stretches and lining is a material used to line the inside of a garment, as the name implies. Which character is the cape for? Based on the character's background, you could use a wool, a moleskin, or some other material with a nice drape. However, I feel like the lining would be too thin on its own and the knit may stretch out over time, based on how the material gets put together and which way the stretch is going.
>>
>>8782129
No. If you think you're too old for it, that's your own problem and no one else's.
>>
File: Bodyline 1485 Skirt.png (236KB, 377x365px) Image search: [Google]
Bodyline 1485 Skirt.png
236KB, 377x365px
bought pic related because I like the pattern but I fucking hate the corset part. Is there any way I could hide it without looking frumpy?
>>
>>8784287
Turn it around.
>>
>>8784311
I don't have this skirt but I think there's shirring in the back, that might look silly
>>
>>8784287
Thread another color ribbon so its less obvious. Sew a panel in a complimentary fabric. Maybe there's a way to take it apart and remove the lacing flaps then sew it back together.
>>
>>8784287

Get a blouse with a Ruffled edge and wear it over the skirt hiding that waist band entirely. Or remove the waist band and use the fabric to make a thinner one.
>>
Does anyone know where to get mini doll eyes? All of my craft stores only carry 1cm at the smallest and I just hate the look of french knots for eyes.
>>
File: ehh.png (14KB, 472x383px) Image search: [Google]
ehh.png
14KB, 472x383px
My question is dumb and not even really lolita related. I made a paypal account in october to buy some small things off eBay, deposited some money to it from my main bank account manually every time I wanted to buy something. Last time I forgot to do that, but the order was confirmed and shipped anyway even though my paypal was supposed to be empty. I tried to deposit some money to my paypal right after my last order but there must have been a phase where my paypal was in debt between the 24th and the 28th of this month.

I'm confused and I have no idea how paypal works, but is it normal to be able to buy stuff even though your paypal is empty? Pic related.
>>
>>8786187
Yes, paypal will just take the money from your bank account in a few days. I always pay this way.
>>
Doing a Borderlands cosplay. Should I cell shade my makeup and clothes or nah?
>>
How do I order from Taobao?
>>
>>8786448
Go read the taobao guides in the OP post of the taobao thread.
Or read the five million other guides readily available at the stroke of a few keys into google.
>>
>>8781351
>>8781558
>>8781689
Thanks for the feedback! I've had nothing but trouble with them. And I find their customer service is awful. I just get excuses about how others like it. I'm sorry i don't?
I do have thick hair. But I got an undercut to combat it But god it is so heavy to wear a arda wig. And with one I wear lights with it. It is about 2 hours before I have the worse stiffness.
>>
File: lolitadressshop.png (512KB, 1021x715px) Image search: [Google]
lolitadressshop.png
512KB, 1021x715px
Is Lolita Dresses Shop.com reliable? I'm trying to figure it out via Google but all I see are reviews from years ago that say it's a Milanoo front shop like My Lolita Dress. But I've ordered from My Lolita Dress several times with no problems, including ordering other Surface Spell dresses, so I don't know if these reviews are reliable or up-to-date. The negative reviews mention listing replicas and stolen photos under misleading terms without naming the brand they're stolen from, but this listing is pretty up-front about it being Surface Spell. Any seagulls have experience with Lolita Dresses Shop?
>>
File: 1451185841037.jpg (78KB, 607x434px) Image search: [Google]
1451185841037.jpg
78KB, 607x434px
How hard would a Pucci or Josuke cosplay be?
>>
Which shopping services can shop on Fril except for Chibi Tenshi and No Country for Tall Men?
>>
>>8786806
It's a Milanoo front shop; but it is know that Milanoo acts as a reseller for Chinese brands. If you are planning on buying that dress from Surface Spell and don't mind paying a bit more of money for not going through the hassle of buying in Taobao go for it, but don't buy anything else.
>>
>>8786806
My lolita dress is also just a taobao reseller, not milanoo.
>>
>>8787111
they're not milanoo...
>>
>>8787111
>milanoo resells Chinese brands
get out

from what I know all of the weird sites named something something lolita dress, other than MLD, are milanoo fronts, but I might be wrong
>>
>>8787111
Sadly I'm Taobao-retarded, so I've been stalking secondhand stores and the like looking for Dusk Library. I've tried reading tutorials and researching shopping services, but I can't seem to use the site well enough to even browse it. I'll have to keep trying, I'd rather do that than give money to a Milanoo-type scam site. Thanks, anon!
>>
File: Fig_takamiya_honoka02.png (70KB, 270x539px) Image search: [Google]
Fig_takamiya_honoka02.png
70KB, 270x539px
>>8783853
This is what I'm trying to make (Takamiya Honoka from Witch Craft Works). Would knit work for this? I asked about knit and lining because those were the two materials that had the purple I was looking for.
>>
So I got one of the singer pro finish sergers for Christmas this year. I honestly have no idea where to start with this thing. Does anyone have some advice for it?
>>
when ordering a lucky pack (like Sweet Cream House special set) with a shopping service, can I suggest colorway preferences or is it at random?
>>
File: Capture.png (296KB, 445x353px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
296KB, 445x353px
Also, what are the two separate prices for?? I can't read kanji (pic related)
>>
>>8788358
Before and after tax.
Lower is before and after is higher.
>>
Ahh thanks!
>>
Does anyone know a personal shopping service that offers other ways to pay besides paypal? Bonus points if they boycot paypal completely.
>>
>>8788789
Mirukuma, but they're on hiatus.
>>
How do you know what hair color will look good on you? I want a light hair color, but everything looks wrong. I wore a yellow wig and I looked waay too pink. White shirts make me look dirty/grey. Light blue shirts make me look cheesy yellow. Are shirts different than hair in terms of colors looking good? I'm pretty sure I'm a cool or neutral cool undertone, leaning on very pale olive. I googled and it said ash blonde would look good, but all their pictures had women who were much tanner than me, and also looked ugly-pink. I wear the lightest makeup in just about every line, and I really want light hair, but I can't find the correct color. If it helps I used to have blonde hair as a child, that was red-blonde some years, and faded to dirty blonde with no blonde areas now.
>>
>>8788802
you might be overly critical of yourself. can you speak with a stylist?

i would think returning to a color you had as a child would not reflect badly on you, but i am not a professional. a lot of people who were blonde as children grow to have ash blonde or dark ash blonde hair, so perhaps aiming for something ashy would be good.

i thought my hair changed from blonde to brown but a stylist told me it was ash blonde now, and that the change is common. but i never had red-blonde like you so i dunno.
>>
>>8788812
I tried going to a stylist, but all 3 places I tried had stylists who knew nothing about face shapes, colors, etc. Nothing. Each one just gave me whatever cut and color they generically put on everyone, and it looked terrible. I've been brassy/overly-yellow blonde, a really ugly/dingy copper, and most often blue-black. Dark colors make me look a little gothic, but I greatly prefer that to looking pink.

Maybe it's because I live in a trashy part of Oakland that nearby stylists have no idea what do with my hair. I even had one of the stylists tell me that light-skinned white people can wear any hair color. (she did the ugly blonde). I thought I'd maybe go to San Francisco to a nicer salon, but I don't know how to find a good one. Reviews don't really encompass anything other than price/customer service since most people don't know what looks good on them.

My mom has a warm peach skin tone and warm medium blonde hair even now in her 50's, my dad has olive skin and had ashy blonde hair that turned dark brown in adulthood. My hair has done all the colors, though my skin has always been a very light version of my dad's. My hair right now is brown with a lot of copper in it, which makes me think my hair is in the warm tone? But my skin is very light and pink, which I think means cold undertone. Doesn't that mean my hair is already bad for my tone? Ughh color is so confusing.
>>
Where can I buy a good quality sukumizu without having to use an SS? I hear Jlist's aren't that great quality.
>>
Is it weird to message a seller on Lacemarket about an auction that expired with no bids? I kind of want a dress that expired a week or two ago but I don't want to freak them out.
>>
>>8789174
Nah, it's not weird at all. I've done it before! Just be understanding that circumstances might have changed since the auction ended or the item may no longer be available.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 750x1334px
What's the last line to fill in here? I tried area code and postal code but those obviously aren't right. Or I s it impossible to make an account on Fril overseas? I know I need an SS but this way I can keep track of things I'm interested in purchasing.
>>
>>8789309
It's an invitation code, you don't need to fill it in.
>>
How do I avoid concealer lips? What should I do instead?
>>
>>8789340
Excuse my dumb ass. At least put this in the right thread. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: moitiejsk1.jpg (26KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
moitiejsk1.jpg
26KB, 700x700px
I didn't want to make a new thread just to post this so I apologize if this doesn't fit here!
> I found this moitie jsk on wunderwelt and I can't find the year? I tried searching on loli library, but could help me out that would be super helpful! The only name I can find related to it is "braided ribbon jsk."
>>
So I bought some contact lenses this year in January, and I only wore them once them stored them in solution and forgot about them until now

Should I throw them away or can I still use them?
>>
Those lenses are probably screwed^^ I had a similar situation with a pair of circle lenses and left a pair in solution for a few months. When I tried to put one in my eye it hurt like bitch and I realized that the lens was probably dried because I hadn't regularly changed the solution.
>>
>>8789581
These weren't dried. They still look normal like when I first took them out.

I am going to put them in a new solution and lense case to soak overnight and try them on tomorrow, if they sting or I feel any discomfort at all I am going to throw them away
>>
Does pinky paradise still require SSN? If so, which sites are better to buy circle lenses from?
>>
>>8781662
Do whatever you feel like, as far as characters go. Binding would be a good idea though, as it encourages accuracy.
>>
Does anyone know anything about Precious Clove re-releasing their "singing in the rain" series? I could have sworn I read something recently about it, but I have no idea where I read it or if it is actually happening.
>>
I'm looking for coords for a jetj dress, which thread should I post this in?
Thanks in advance gulls
>>
>>8790186
Try the worn thread >>8784854
>>
Where would be the best place to sell cosplays that I've bought and never wore, along with general figures and anime and other Japanese shit I've bought?
>>
What is best place/site/shop/brand to buy shaping underwear for middle body?
>>
I'm crossplaying as a dude for the first time, and I have a question regarding binders. The binder I have goes a pretty good job at making me flat but it's really loose under my breasts. There's a good inch of empty space between my ribcage and the binder. Is it just too big for me or am I wearing it wrong or is it supposed to be like that?
>>
>>8789470
Released in 2009, product code is EGL-99115, name is 編み上げリボンジャンパースカート, sold for ¥33000 before tax. Use this site, Lolibary sucks for MmM: http://mmm.marleenspoor.nl/
>>
So I've always bought my petticoats from Victoriangirldress on ebay, but now when I look it seems that all items have been pulled from their store.
What happened to them? and where should I get my petticoats now?

I've heard melikestea is the top seller, but looking into their site, I can't quite figure out how to order. Is everything MTO? do I have to pay to commission her just for a petti?

Are the newer CP pettis really so bad that I shouldn't waste my money?
>>
>>8792411
I have heard mixed reviews on CP. I ordered one like forever ago and finally opened a paypal case this month since it'd been over 2 months and they hadn't shipped yet. My SS said the material was "out of stock" but idk, it just seems a little bit shitty. So I went ahead and ordered one from Bunny House. It hasn't arrived yet, but they are good prices and my friend has one/multiple online reviews and apparently they're excellent. So you may want to check them out?
>>
Is there a clear guideline out there for purchasing items from Fril? I tried Google but there isn't a clear one. Can I purchase it myself or must I go through shopping service? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>8789420
Nude lipstick in whatever finish you like, looks a lot more polished and natural. Remember kiddies, boys have lips too
>>
I ordered from btssb japan during the sale I got a confirmation email saying I would be sent an invoice with shipping on it in the next three days. It's been over three days, does this mean i was too slow and the item is out out of stock?
>>
>>8792411
I bought another CP petti the other week and from comparing to my two year old one, it's still great quality. Slightly different fabric I think. but this is their 'daily' style one, if anything the fabric is a bit comfier than my old one but still gives plenty of poof.
>>
How do I know what colors look good on me?
>>
>>8792411
I believe melikestea has a google form that you fill in with what you want and in what size. it is essentially a commission but there shouldn't be a price difference iirc. she does have some ready-made ones usually, which you see at http://www.melikestea.com/p/in-stock.html (there's only hair ties on there right now, probably because she's on hiatus)

if you don't want to deal with that, you can go for bunny house or malco modes. I hear CP is pretty hit and miss so I wouldn't recommend them

>>8792539
/r/coloranalysis has links and if you ask nicely they'll even season you based on pictures - read the sidebar
>>
is there any reason why brand bloomers and petticoats are so unpopular?
>>
>>8792592
I wouldnt say unpopular, just not needed when there are cheaper alternative that are just as good or better. Pettis from brands are expensive, why pay 100$ for an AP one when you can get one for half that which we know is good? Bloomers are the same idea, easy to make so cheap by others. Paying 60 for bloomers seems silly.
>>
>>8792592
mostly just price I suppose
I could whip up a pair of bloomers from material I already own in half a day (with pattern drafting and all), costing maybe 10-15$ at most, while brand bloomers go for 50$ and up
same with petticoats - brand is 80$ and up, melikestea's custom sized pettis start from around 25$ (for the scratchy tulle ones, but still)

speaking of which, any MLT petti recommendations? I'd really appreciate a petti that can be used for both bell and A-line, is the hybrid one meant for that or? there's no description on their differences that I could find.
>>
>>8792595
>>8792598
thanks. I was just wondering because I'm very dissatisfied with all of my petti's and bloomers lace wise. I don't have any brand ones so I was hoping they would have nicer details.
>>
>>8792604
they are more detailed yes, but you could probably just ask MLT for some custom extra frilly/lacy ones that will still come out to be cheaper than brand. she does bloomers too, look at her sidebar
>>
>>8784416
this never looks good
>>
File: FRILL Trump Pattern Pannier.jpg (16KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
FRILL Trump Pattern Pannier.jpg
16KB, 435x435px
>>8792604
I think its worth it to get one from FRILL. They look cute on their own.
>>
Does anyone knows what's the name of this print?
>>
File: 1448464499241.jpg (11KB, 240x174px) Image search: [Google]
1448464499241.jpg
11KB, 240x174px
i haz a question, how exactly do you dye synthetic fabrics? polyester stuff n shit
>>
>>8788876
Anon your standards are way too high and all those colours apart from blue-black are transitionary colours. They would have asked you to come in again you wallnut.

You're a hopeless cause, if your hair is blue black now, there's no going back unless you shave it off.

>source: am palest foundation, have been nearly white-blonde, pink, ash, ombre, red, brown, black, etc.
>>
>>8793029
>i haz
who do you think we are, leddit?

iirc, it's pretty hard to dye synthetics because of the nature of the fibers, but there might be dye somewhere that's specifically for polyester.
>>
>>8793029
Use Ritz Dye More.
It has to be Dye More or else it won't work.
>>
>>8792583
everyone and their mother is creaming themselves over these melikestea petticoats, but I saw 2 tulle petticoats and couldn't believe how awful they looked. perhaps the organza or voile versions are nicer, but there are barely photos on the site.
>>
Is SHOUT color catching sheets really work? I have this lolita dress that when I soaked in water started bleeding red. It's a pink dress with red strawberries on it. I've watched my dresses in the laundr\y machine before. Just wondering if anyone has experience, thank you.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Is there a specific name for berets like pic related?
>>
>>8792492
I think the business is closed for new years rn.
>>
so I got my first onepiece from liz lisa, and it's a tad long, so it looks a bit... old fashioned on me? anyway what can I do to make it looks more trendy/gyaru? what items should I pair with it?
>>
>>8786806
my-lolita-dress was never a Milanoo front. If you've ordered from them before and had no problems why not stick to what you know if safe?
>>
>>8781088
if you can afford it go for it.

Just don't become one of those people who buy the complete set of APs newest release in 2 colourways but still complain about not getting the one they really wanted
>>
>>8778233
super cute but points off for not shipping internationally.
>>
>>8786806
My boyfriend bought me surface spell's dusk library from mylolitadress last Christmas (2014). Almost had a heart attack because I was afraid it was a Milanoo front- also had instructed boyfriend how to use taobao. Did some research and checked the dress when I received it. Definitley a taobao reseller (I have another surface spell dress from taobao). I can voach specifically for this listing as well.
>>
>>8789624
Bump
>>
>>8793814
tulle pettis are practically always shit, yes. it's unfortunate that she doesn't have pics up for most voile/organza stuff, but there's so much good rep for her and I don't think I've heard a single person complain about their pettis from her. I just want to go for her because MM would mean massive shipping costs for me, I guess BH is my other alternative here..
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-10-13-03-1.png (639KB, 1080x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-10-13-03-1.png
639KB, 1080x1216px
Does anyone know the name for this kind of design?
>>
>>8794375
Bubble hem with an extra ruffle at the bottom.

>>8789624
AFAIK, no. I've purchased twice from them and I don't think they ever asked me for a SSN. I know of a few cosplayers that also use Uniqso for lenses and have sponsor links that'll give you a discount if you look around.
>>
>>8793029
iDye Poly also works in addition to what anon above wrote. It comes in a white package (vs iDye's regular black package).
>>
I tried googling this but failed- about how much leather paint should I order to paint a pair of RHS (the kind with the ballerina straps)

I'm buying from angelus leather paints and they are 1oz bottles
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 640x725px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 640x725px
>>8795393
That seems appropriate. I painted 3 coats of black paint (2+touchups) on this pair of boots and it took up maybe an 8th of my four ounce bottle.
>>
>>8795393
>>8795467
keep in mind it'll be different depending on the starting and end colours though, you might need more coats (trying to cover black with pink as opposed to covering pink with black for example)

Also thanks for posting that anon, you were the one who bought those boots from the big bodyline sale with intent to paint, right? i'd been wondering how they turned out; looks good!
>>
File: 41RC1fmhpcL._SY355_.jpg (12KB, 209x355px) Image search: [Google]
41RC1fmhpcL._SY355_.jpg
12KB, 209x355px
Is WeLoveColors really the only source for finding gloves of specific colours like pic related? I'm located in Canada and really don't want to deal with paying upwards of $30 CAD just to get a single pair of gloves shipped to me
(Been trying to search for alternatives on ebay/aliexpress but I keep only finding shitty lace and white satin opera gloves)
>>
>>8792763
It's a commercially available fabric. Search for "harajuku dolls fabric" on Etsy and the like.
>>
Where exactly is muslim located at Joann fabrics?
>>
>>8796036
generally in the direction of the nearest mosque
>>
>>8796043
thanks bruh, how about muslin?
>>
File: 305_at-home-cafe_02-490x737.jpg (83KB, 490x737px) Image search: [Google]
305_at-home-cafe_02-490x737.jpg
83KB, 490x737px
Should I sew my own maid cafe dress? Or just buy one. I'm worried if I buy one online that it will be shitty quality and I won't like the way it fits or something.

I haven't sewn in years but I'd like to make a replica of @homecafe's one year uniform possibly. Will it be difficult? Should I just stop?
>>
>>8796036
Next to the cottons a lot of times
>>
UK anons, pls advise
I've ordered a package from buyee which has finally made its way here but on the tracking it's been marked as 'retained' in Coventry since the 23rd of December. I haven't been home in that time until today but my boyfriend says no one's left any calling cards or anything. What now?
Should I just call Parcelforce (they're mentioned in the previous steps of the tracking, not sure who has the package now) with only the tracking number?
>>
>>8796036
http://www.joann.com/search?q=Muslin
Just get it here.
>>
>>8795954
You could save yourself a whole lot of trouble if you made your own.
>>
>>8795483
Thats me! I didn't know anyone saw my posts haha
>>
>>8789470
Thank you! :)
>>
>>8796829
oh my god i'm a dummy i actually have the perfect fabric left over from another costume too, thanks anon. i was so busy sourcing the elements of a few costumes that i'm used to normally buying, it didn't even occur to me.
now i've never actually made gloves before, but I reckon if I try it out first with a similar stretch fabric, I can't possibly mess it up that badly. here's to hoping!
>>
Where can I sell my old cosplays?
>>
Does anyone know how forgiving ank rouges's shirring is? The skirt I'm looking at says "Rubber specification 62cm" from google translate obv, I'm 69 cm is that pushing it too much?
>>
>>8795467
Thanks so much! Also, those turned out really nicely, good job!
>>
I ordered a dress from Closet Child, and when I checked the tracking number on usps, it said the package got returned back to the seller because I wasn't here for the package to be delivered. I'm freaking out because I was home that day and I didn't hear a thing from the post office or even a door knock. Now I'm worried I'll be blacklisted from CC. I do not want to lose my dream dress I've spent months saving up for! Do I email Closet Child? Go to the post office tomorrow morning? Help!
>>
>>8797274
Usually packages get sent back to the post office for a couple days before being returned back to the seller. If this was the first delivery attempt it should be at the post office. The mail carrier should have left a pink "We Missed You!" slip, take that to the post office tomorrow or maybe just the tracking number to see what you can do.
>>
>>8797281
Unfortunately I didn't get any kind of slip, and the site tells me they tried reaching me on the 22nd of December. I'm worried I'll be too late to pick it up.
>>
Can anyone tell me if everything is included in this auction? I feel stupid for asking, but I can't tell if the entire Happy Pack is included in this listing or not. http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k205896152
>>
I hardly ever see Victorian Maiden for sale, is that because it's rare and expensive or because it's bad quality?
>>
>>8797281
Update: I managed to pick it up this morning and it's safe in my hands.
>>
>>8797804
it's about as expensive as every other usual japanese brand (~300USD) but they do very limited runs/short reservation periods.
also their sizes aren't as friendly as they rarely have any kind of shirring
>>
>>8797337
Yes, it's the whole set in lavender. Google translate could have told you that, anon.
>>
>>8797809
It's the stupid questions thread. Chill.
>>
My dumb question: anyone have a link to watch kamikaze girls with english subs? apparently it's on youtube with spanish subs (I understand spanish) but I can't find even that.
>>
>>8792763
Holy shit I need this on my body.. just wish the construction was better..damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
I'm looking for a change in my hair, and I thought about dying it like this. Is this completely overdone? Will it look stupid with (gothic) Lolita? I usually like to wear my natural hair with Lolita, so I'd like it to fit.
>>
Could someone tell me what ETC print this is?
All google translate is getting me is: "Victoria print" and the Japanese seems to say "ヴィクトリアプリントスカート"
>>
>>8797976
Just torrent it.

>>8798467
Split wigs are out of style and if you need to bleach only half of your hair it will end up weirdly fried on that side, which is annoying.
>>
File: hamtaro-bijou.gif (50KB, 800x828px) Image search: [Google]
hamtaro-bijou.gif
50KB, 800x828px
So, I kind of want to cosplay a non-human character-- to be specific, Bijou from Hamtaro because I thought it'd be a cute, simple cosplay to go as Bijou and my SO goes as Boss. (And, the fact that I have a little hamster I named Bijou, too, did help influence this.)

How do people generally cosplay non-human characters? Find a gijinka that they like and go off of that or make their own?
>>
>>8798909
it really depends, for bijou i think she's super easy, maybe reference animal crossing gijinkas? going off an existing design is fine but you can certainly make one yourself if you're inspired.
>>
>>8798933
That's actually a great idea, thanks! I wouldn't have thought to check out AC gijinkas for inspiration. The top part would be easy, a white wig tied into pig tails with the blue ribbons, white bear ears-- I'd just get stumped on what she's actually wearing.

Maybe I could shove lolita into it, and wear a shiro coord with blue accents + the top part. Bijou seems like she'd wear lolita, anyways, if she was a person.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Probably won't, but I'll likely consider it.
>>
Where's the new "lardass" place to buy lolita? i used to buy from in the starlight and i've been out of the game for a while.
>>
What kind of "western" dresses would work in lolita? i own https://retroglam.com/store/product-girls/hell-bunny-mariam-dress-in-purple
>>
>>8798949
That seems like a great idea actually.
Maybe try making a sunflower seed purse?
>>
>>8799332
You must have been out of the game for quite some time if the last place you bought from was In the Starlight, hahah
Taobao stores with large sizes or custom sizing options will be your best bet for the best quality for your money. There are tons of lists of taobao stores around, you could probably find one that lists stores with custom sizing by googling "taobao lolita custom size" or something.
>>
>>8799447
Yeah, life and medical issues happened. now im finally able to get back into wearing frills.
Thanks a bunch for the info.
>>
>>8799440
None. Retro dresses are not Lolita dresses.
>>
>>8791336
Could anyone answer this, please?
>>
>>8799781
It may be sligtly too big, but generally thats pretty normal
>>
>>8799440
so it's not really lolita. Try it with a high-necked lace blouse. I disagree with >>8799759 I think that there are some retro dresses that can be lolita, but they have to be more old hollywood and much lacier and more modest than most rockabilly dresses. The dress you pictured can't hold the kind of petti you would want to shape it.
>>
I was making a purchase at wunderwelt and I input all my card details, pressed register and the screen just refreshed and the boxes went blank. What???? I put all the right details in.
>>
>>8799440
If you don't already know, don't try.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 221x228px
Ok this is going to sound really stupid.

Could someone tell me a good video/movie editing software I can buy that has...filters like instagram has and such? Is that stupid? I just feel really ugly even if the lighting is changed.

The closest I've ever used is Windows movie maker and I'm looking to buy something that has filters and something easy for a person like me to use, someone like me who isn't officially educated in video photography.
>>
>>8771921
Summer Tales Boutique
>>
>>8798467
I wouldn't advise it unless your hair is naturally light. Bleaching one side of your head is going to change its texture and you'll end up looking silly.
>>
>>8799440
While it's true there are some cute retro lolita coords out there they're always lolita made to look retro not retro made to look lolita.

Trying to repurpose retro clothing as lolita is a mistake many itas have made and I wouldn't go there.
>>
anyone bought from
>http://global.rakuten.com/en/
before? i want to buy an item but i dont know if its safe/ reliable
>>
File: DreamSkyJSK-lavender.jpg (46KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
DreamSkyJSK-lavender.jpg
46KB, 250x333px
Do you wear an A-line petticoat under a JSK like Dream Sky/Cosmic Sailor (idk what that type of JSK is called)?
Also what body type do they tend to look best on? I love the look of them but I'm not sure they'd actually look good on me...
>>
>>8800655
I have a friend whos bought from rakuten a bunch and they've had no trouble. But as with all sites with different sellers it just depends on the seller. Look up reviews
>>
How do I buy from violetblue? Do they ship overseas or will I need an SS and if I do, will FJ work? TIA
>>
>>8800849
No they don't. You can buy directly and ship through Tenso or use a SS. Don't know about FJ, but buyee works with Rakuten.
>>
File: brown.png (417KB, 405x549px) Image search: [Google]
brown.png
417KB, 405x549px
I'm looking for a stock picture for the brown colorway of The Secret Garden ~The Rose has a Secret Scent~ Rosette Rose JSK. It's not on the lolibrary page. Help?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.