[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wig thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 81

File: flcz-061-pp.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flcz-061-pp.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
Wig thread.

Question: Is there any easy way to make sure the colors on a two-tone wig stay separated? I bought a wig that's half white, half dark purple and no matter how I put it on the white migrates to the dark purple and it ends up looking grey.
>>
File: tumblr_mbd4anNVxX1qas9xwo1_1280.jpg (88KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbd4anNVxX1qas9xwo1_1280.jpg
88KB, 533x800px
How would I cut a Sonico style wig or whatever this style is called?
>>
>>8761271
Razor comb
>>
>>8761482
Thanks anon! I just finished it. Thank god I have one of those on hand
>>
File: wg104.jpg (282KB, 710x940px) Image search: [Google]
wg104.jpg
282KB, 710x940px
Any place that sells these wigs for cheaper? Tried Aliexpress, but the colors aren't the same.
>>
File: lockshop3.png (337KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lockshop3.png
337KB, 600x600px
Does Lockshop still source their wigs from the same place that does Wigisfashion? Or have they changed suppliers?
>>
>>8762782
It might be a little easier to source one if you tell us what color you want anon
>>
File: tumblr_nlm1m8OVPO1u5lmn2o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlm1m8OVPO1u5lmn2o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Is there any way to tint a wig without messing up how it's prestyled? There are a few characters I'd like to cosplay that have flipped ginger hair (see pic) and the fivewits looks like it has a good base that might be just a tad too beige. I'm a little hesitant to just get a straight one, because I feel like every flip I've styled on my own looks not as fluffy/a bit too uniform.
>>
>>8764128
Maybe hand coloring with a sharpie wouldn't mess it up, but if you dye it thoroughly, you're probably going to mess up the styling since the wig will get wet and return to its original state. Some wigs are naturally curly/fluffy though, and will retain that characteristic even after being wet and dried.
>>
Recommendations for very long wigs? I'm looking for something that is at least mid-back length and preferably longer. Around butt length is ideal. I'd like a gentle curl, a more natural look, and an ash blonde/light brown. I really want ash over gold. I'm looking at a couple shops but I'm having trouble finding quality wigs that are this long.
>>
I wanna cosplay Tatsumaki but i have absolutely no idea where to start on her wig. I've only done minor cutting and styling on other wigs.
any tutorials i could look up of similar characters or anything? or any ideas on how to make a bunch of big curls that stay separate and styled all day at a con without looking like i super glued it?
>>
File: madoka.png (318KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
madoka.png
318KB, 500x733px
I know there's a ton of Madoka wigs out there, but I was wondering if anyone had one in particular they'd recommend? I'm also hoping to find one that doesn't have a super small cap.
>>
>>8764512
I made a Tatsumaki wig from a long green wig and what I had at home (fabric, aluminum wire and fabric glue). There's a small album with short descriptions on my page, but I'm ready to describe more in detail if needed. daniella cosplay on fb.
>>
File: FINISHED.jpg (3MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
FINISHED.jpg
3MB, 2400x2400px
>>8766863
dropped pic
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 800x500px
What is the best place to get clip on bangs from? The one I have from some random ebay shop manages to make my hair look like a wig
>>
>>8763585
Not that anon but I would like one like this in black, dark brown or with pink.
>>
>>8766713
Also would like to know this
I'm planning on cosplaying her next
>>
File: tsukishima.png (397KB, 616x468px) Image search: [Google]
tsukishima.png
397KB, 616x468px
thinking about using arda's rocky for tsukishima, probably fairy blonde. opinions?
>>
Are soft degree wigs alright in size for big heads?
>>
what should I do about an outstanding Lockshop order? ordered, no wig, no refund... it's past the PayPal claim date and it came from my PayPal balance so I can't file a claim with my bank or credit card company. I've sent emails, facebook messages, posted comments in the wall.. when they bother to respond they promise they'll fix things ASAP and then go back to radio silence.
>>
>>8770197
Did you seriously wait over 6 months to file a claim?
>>
Is there any way to make a wig bigger without destroying it? I mean bigger as in not as tight around the head. I don't have time to order a new wig and the one I got is really tight and uncomfortable on me, even with the adjustable clips things completely open and unsecured.
Also, what is the best way to tuck in your own hair so it lays as flat as possible against your head under the wig cap? My hair is shoulder length but really thick.
>>
>>8770200
Yes. I got what I thought were legitimate reasons for the delay at first, then kept getting more excuses. I didn't think to file a claim because they're well known in the community and post on social media quite a bit so I figured they wouldn't fuck me over. (Yes in retrospect, I realize it's stupid to think that.)
>>
>>8770205
Yep. Do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rbi6UBl5k8
>>
>>8767419
Place? No recommendations; I just sent to a local wig shop and was told my match. I would say that the new set is the best I've ever had, because I matched them in person. I would say to make sure you get real hair, otherwise it looks stupid.
>>
>>8770314
This happened to me with Lucaille, but sadly there's nothing you can do. They don't care - losing one customer is no big deal to them.
>>
File: 1450367372339.jpg (261KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1450367372339.jpg
261KB, 1280x1920px
>>8760677
I want this color of wig
>>
>>8767419
gabalnara; all their wig fibers look like real hair, including the shine - it blends in perfectly with my normal hair even with flash photography and i was really surprised. used to wear wigs from lockshop/prisila and other high quality brands, but now for everyday hair i only go for gabalnara's stuff. i own these clip in bangs from them and they look just like my hair:
http://en.gabalnara.com/product/%EA%B0%80%EB%B0%9C%EB%82%98%EB%9D%BC-%EC%9D%B8%EB%AA%A8-%EB%B6%80%EB%B6%84%EA%B0%80%EB%B0%9C-%ED%8B%B0%EC%95%88%EB%82%98%EB%8A%94-%EC%95%9E%EB%A8%B8%EB%A6%AC-%EA%B0%80%EB%B0%9C-%EC%8B%9C%EC%8A%A4%EB%A3%A8-%EB%B1%85-%EB%AF%B8%EB%93%9C/3765/?cate_no=555&display_group=1

sorry about the long link but I hope this helps! I swear by this brand now though they mostly only have black~brown options.
>>
>>8766863
oh wow, that looks awesome, thanks!
>>
>>8770314
Start posting about it in FB comms and on tumblr. Bad social media press should make Choke get off her scammy ass
>>
>>8771268
I second this. I'll help spread it too. That's so shitty of them to do to you.
>>
I need a big, curly, hime lolita wig. Any recommendations?
>>
>>8771422
Buy a base wig and a clip in ponytail. Style them yourself. You will need hairspray, backcombing brush and foam curlers. Use low heat to set the curls. Using the clip in ponytail allows you to move the hime bump. You can flatter your face and be more accommodating of lolita accessories by having it be adjustable. You will also have the option to make it a non hime wig.
>>
>>8763578
They've changed suppliers due to a very bad batch of the Mermaid wigs and just reopened the new shop the beginning of the month. I'm hoping this is a huge improvement.
>>
here's a question you guys might have an answer for
i want to buy damaged wigs to deconstruct them and experiment with creating new wigs, like practice
does anyone know like a website where i can find people who want to sell or give away old damaged wigs?
>>
>>8764128
Don't worry about it too much, just use lukewarm water only and the fibers will keep their original shape. All you'll have to do is shake it out, maybe give it a blast of hairspray. Wigs are plastic, they don't get frizzy or lose shape when wet.
>>
>>8772557
Post a WTB in a lolita sales group on FB or on the comm sales, I'm sure a lot of people have some.
>>
>>8772557
Hey, I have a few taobao wigs I need to get rid of and I can send you a couple for cheap. I put my email in the field.
>>
>>8770197
In the exact same boat as you. I find it even more annoying that they have the time to post several pictures of their wigs for advertisement, but can't take the time to respond to anyone's private messages or check order numbers!
>>
File: a865f3f8b243d0_full.jpg (21KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
a865f3f8b243d0_full.jpg
21KB, 300x400px
Does anyone know any good places to find good hime gyaru wigs? I know Prisila wigs are good, but is there any equally good alternatives?
>>
>>8774511
bodyline one is okay, otherwise using half-wigs and those bump-it things work well too. just put the bump-it under the halfwig and it looks really good.
>>
>>8773930
yep. maybe we should just start posting our problems on every update they make.
>>
>>8772557
I have a few, I can sell it for cheap, but located in Canada!
>>
File: wdf is this colour.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wdf is this colour.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>8760677
What colour by Arda would be more suitable, and is it me, or their blondes have a lot of white/lighter streaks in them.
>>
I'm really struggling to find a wig that has a part in the back for ponytails, in a light purple color. Arda's ice violet is the exact color I need, but they don't sell it in their chibi style. I don't think I'm skilled enough to make a part myself so I'd really need one pre-parted. Any help?
>>
>>8775135
I'm an idiot, I meant Pigtails not pony.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.296755329.jpg (227KB, 874x981px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.296755329.jpg
227KB, 874x981px
How would I go about styling a wig like this?
I've kinda always wanted dreads but not wanted to fuck up my hair. Also I think I would get bored of them pretty quick, so a wig would be a better option
>>
What tape do you guys use for your lacefront wigs? I've been looking for some but there's so many kinds and reviews seem to be mixed
>>
File: sakizou.jpg (105KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
sakizou.jpg
105KB, 624x960px
Wig and styling suggestions for this?
>>
>>8775719
To make synthetic dreads, you take a section of hair and backcomb it into a froofy mess, then you twist it up, drape a wet cloth over it and clamp it with a hair straightener all over. At least, that's one of the easiest at-home methods.
For the style you have posted, look into dreadfalls.
>>
So I just ordered a short blonde wig from Amazon because it was cheap and I'm mostly going to be covering it with a hat anyway, but of course the color is all wrong.
I was hoping for a lighter, more neutral blonde but I got a really saturated yellow, and this goes hideous with my skin and my eyebrows.
There's no way to lighten the wig though right? Should I just try to make it more brown?
>>
>>8776777
You can try using hair powder (or even baby powder if you don't want to spend money) to lighten it.
>>
>>8762782
Any answer on this? Digging that brown/red one and the blonde/pink.
>>
>>8776784
Thank you so much!
>>
'kay, so I'll be the one to ask the newbie question.

What's the best way to make a wig less shiny?
>>
Can I wear a wig into normie fashion?
>>
>>8777081
Yeah, why not?
>>
>>8776993
baby powder or soaking it in liquid fabric softener. getting a better wig is less hassle though.
>>
>>8777081
People do all the time. Most wigs are worn by people wearing it for everyday wear.
>>
Okay anons, how do you get more confident when wearing casual wigs?

I recently discovered that I have alopecia (thanks to finding large chunks of hair on my pillows or classmates pointing out the mini pile after I scratch my head) and buzzed my hair so I spent a tiny fortune on realistic wigs but I feel like people could tell just from a glance.

I know from my cosplay wigs that most people are "wig stupid" since they always ask if its real but the mental block is still there. Its childish but how do you anons get over that shit?
>>
>>8778509
I haven't gotten over it. I wear wigs from time to time, and yesterday I wore one with big ass pigtails, so it was super obvious that it was a wig
90% of the people I encounter stared or atleast glanced weirdly.
It feels kinda bad, but honestly, I just think you just have to wear them anyways and ignore everything until you're used to it.
Also, if your wigs are more natural, I'm pretty sure no one will look twice at you.
Sorry I couldn't help more, just wanted to encourage you a little atleast.
>>
File: kl610-t2735.jpg (336KB, 1200x966px) Image search: [Google]
kl610-t2735.jpg
336KB, 1200x966px
I bought this wig but then I realized I needed a wig with a lace front (yeah, yeah, I know).

I need the exact model, but with a lace front. Can you suggest me any? I haven't cosplayed in like 5 years and now there's such varieties and brands.
I have heard good/bad reviews from Arda, so I can't decide what to get.
I'm not looking for the most expensive one, but this long wigs get insanely tangled after a while, so if i have to spend extra money, it will be okay.
>>
>>8778509
I have alopecia, too! I started losing my hair when I was 17 and it hit me really hard. I'm 26 now. There was a period where I'd wear wigs but never admit to my friends it was a wig.. which caused awkward and embarrassing situations,. especially on overnight trips. Going out in wigs made me constantly nervous, like someone was going to point me out and go LOOK AT THAT WIG LADY. It took me about 2 years to feel confident.

My advice would be: love your wigs. Enjoy how they look and how they can change your appearance. You know how you can feel confident if you're wearing something you love? That's the goal with the wigs. The more you love your wigs, the less you see them as "fake hair" and more as an extension of your outfit.

If you're super worried about people noticing it's realistic, I'd suggest wearing some kind of hat or scarf. In general people are even more less likely to consider that something might be a wig if you're wearing a hair accessory.
>>
>>8778988
>>8778509
I can completely confirm the hair accessory part, I posted a pic on social media of me wearing a fairly cheap long blonde curly wig once many years ago (I had short, chin length brown hair at the time) with a hat and the next day at school with my regular hair, several people asked 'anon what happened to the blonde hair'
>>
File: Dianna-design3.jpg (643KB, 2681x2503px) Image search: [Google]
Dianna-design3.jpg
643KB, 2681x2503px
>>8760677
Hi, I am doing the wig for Kihel Heim/Dianna soreil in the dress she's wearing in the bottom left corner, and I was thinking of buying arda delilah in platinum blonde. And I was wondering,
1. should I buy another wig or some wefts to add volume
2. is arda a good choice
>>
>>8770476
http://airily.jp/shop/g/g0000000607/
http://airily.jp/shop/g/g0000000565/

one of these should be close.
>>
Maybe a dumb question, maybe no real solution, but I was wondering if there were any tips/tricks to dealing with heat while wearing a wig with cosplay.

I had to stop in the middle of the day at the last con I went to from mild heat exhaustion giving me nausea. The costume involves a small leather jacket and some other things that weren't very cool, but the wig topped it all off. Anything I can do to help circumvent this, or do I just need to go back to my room every few hours to take a break?
>>
is L-email/wig-supplier good for a fashion wig??

i am planning on getting these two.
http://www.wig-supplier.com/60cm-long-dark-brown-charm-sweet-curly-wavy-fashion-wig-fl05b-p-2145.html
http://www.wig-supplier.com/60cm-long-taro-charm-sweet-curly-wavy-fashion-wig-fl05c-p-2151.html

any sugestions?
this is my first time buying wigs
>>
>>8778799
http://www.wigisfashion.com/ has good lacefront wigs
>>
>>8783488
arda's longer wigs are more trouble than they're worth. they quickly become a frizzy tangled mess due to coarser fibers. have you tried looking at epiccosplay? i'm not sure about wigisfashion but i have heard that it is alright, though the wigs are slightly thinner at the back.
>>
Are you supposed to cut all the lace off the front/sides of a lacefront wig? I've watched about 30 videos and every person does something different. I see some people take it all off as close to the hairline as possible, but then someone else says to leave half an inch and tape that down so it looks more natural... what to do?
>>
>>8770527
are these bangs heat resistant?
>>
>>8775719
https://www.FAGBOOK.com/CyberloxShop/?fref=ts
She's an old friend, she'll take care of you anon.
>>
>>8783837
That depends on the quality you want. If you want something that looks real, then no. If you want something that looks like a wig, big and poofy and shiny, then yes.
Atleast the two wigs you linked will be like that, and they definately wont look like the pictures, since the pictures aren't the sites own pictures
In my experience, anything under $15 will be shit no matter what
I've bought a bunch of wigs of aliexpress and I've gotten some nice and some really shit. The shit ones is the ones that have cost me under $15.
If it's your first time buying a wig and you just want a cheap one, I'd recommend that you go over to the aliexpress or ebay thread and ask there. Or taobao thread if you're up for ordering from there.
Or just search around and look at reviews and hope for the best.
>>
>>8784070
If you're working in theatre you're supposed to leave half and inch and them push it back enough that you can hint the real hairline under the lace. That makes it look more realistic on stage, where people will mostly see you from a distance anyway.

For cosplay, most people will see your cosplay much closer up front, and especially if you plan on taking photoshoots it's a good idea to cut it closer to the hair. Then again; if the lace is longer it will probably hold better.
It's also a matter of how well the lace matches colour to your skin.
>>
>>8778509
Start with a wig that is as close to your actual hair as possible. As that other anon said, hair accessories help. Most people who don't wear wigs themselves have a hard time telling what's a wig, I've had friends ask me if my lockshop wigs were real even though they'd seen me just a few days ago and my hair looks nothing like the wig.
>>
>>8783915
Hey thanks! There are a lot of variety :)
>>
>>8774511
Cyperous
>>
>>8778509
You can pick up a human hair wig for not too much, i got one for $50, which for human hair is pretty cheap. It'll have a realistic texture and not a single person will notice if the colour is a normal colour.
>>
File: 23lp.png (250KB, 967x560px) Image search: [Google]
23lp.png
250KB, 967x560px
Lockshop, Lockshop, Lockshop...
>>
So i don't know if this belongs in the help thread or wig thread so im gonna wing it.

My dad went on a business trip and bought me a hatsune miku cosplay outfit. Can someone recommend me a good site or seller that has high quality miku-looking wig?

If anything, I might just order off Adra Wigs. I just wanna see what other options i have, thanks!
>>
>>8785513
Underage please go
>>
>>8785481
Wow. I haven't been to their facebook in a while, it's full of different girls complaining about their orders and the lack of communication. Why do we keep buying wigs from this scammer?
>>
>>8785894
It's pretty sad. They don't even bother keeping up with appearances by replying with the "oh no! message me and let's fix this <3" reply.

And probably because it's easier for her to get away with scamming now that the main community who buys her wigs is so scattered
>>
>>8785894
>>8786072

It doesn't matter how many people post, nothing will change because they have a large enough fanbase to feed off. 10-20 people aren't going to buy from them anymore? They'll still be raking it in too much to care.
>>
>>8774936
Titanium blonde. It's a beautiful bright, light blond without a lot of variation.
>>
Any tips on how to deal with a wig that sheds a lot?
>>
>>8786072
I hope she knows that she isn't doing herself any favors doing that.
I had problems with my last order too and she didn't answer any of my messages either. I used to order a lot of wigs from them... At least I got my money back.
>>
>>8786404
Yeah, 10-20 people fuck off now...and months from now, 20 more. Keep going and her customer base will eventually disappear as word gets out.
>>
>>8786624
more people need to come forward about their experiences to have any kind of influence
>>
I tried heat styling my wig but it just straightened the curls. What's the best way to curl synthetic wigs?
>>
>>8786785
Depends on the material. I don't usually use heat styling even if it's a 'heat friendly' wig because it it always ends up changing the fibers' look.

What I do is:

Pin the wig very securely to a wig head. Super duper securely. Curl it the way you want it, preferably with plastic rollers but I've used foam and been fine too. Pour very (very) hot water evenly over the wig, making sure to get the curls soaked. Let the wig dry completely--completely completely completely. If you take the curls out before the wig is totally dry, you're screwed. once it's dried off, remove curlers, voila.
>>
File: tumblr_npw5p1Urjt1uugybeo1_500.png (452KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npw5p1Urjt1uugybeo1_500.png
452KB, 500x750px
Does anyone have recommendations on the best place to get a wig for Chloe Price from Life is Strange? Pic related, obviously. Done a bit of googling, and a lot of the ones you see made specifically for the character look like they'd be shit...

Alternatively, would I have better luck just getting a blue wig and styling it myself?
>>
>>8787902
I think the Jaguar wig on Arda could work great if you snip the front pieces. They have a couple different shades of blue too, so you'd get a wide variety there. Honestly, the Blue Steel Wig type might even work too!
>>
File: skydancer.jpg (103KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
skydancer.jpg
103KB, 533x800px
what kind of wig would work best for a big fluffy top bun? On the doll it kinda looks like a ponytail split into two tails but one I had as a kid just had a big bun. Do I just do a regular short wig with a pin on bun or is there a ponytail wig I should use?
I plan on doing my own lavender design but pastel pink or blue works too
>>
File: $_12.jpg (35KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
35KB, 500x459px
anybody know if this is a decent wig? I'm planning on using it for daily wear /jfash & i don't want to shell out a lot for a wig bc i don't know if i like the colour on me yet
>>
>>8788728
Different sellers have different versions of it so if you're lucky it'll be thick, if not it'll be thin.
>>
>>8788728
This picture has probably been used by thousands of sellers, and every wig could be different. So yeah, it's kinda like posting a picture of a hamburger asking if anyone knows if it tastes good
>>
>>8788693
Skydancers. The girly Beyblades of terror in my childhood.
>>
Does anybody know what wigs/brands are good from VogueWigs? My sister works there so she can get me wigs 50% off. I'm just looking for something curly, longer length and natural looking.
>>
>>8788728
Does it matter? People won't think it's your real hair anyways
>>
Okay I need help. I have pink hair and recently lost my job due to the company closing down. I live in a small conservative town with employers who only give you a chance if you have natural hair color. The thing is, my pink hair is the only thing that gives me confidence, so I'm looking into buying a realistic looking front lace wig with a natural color. Doesn't matter much what color, whatever looks most real. Can anyone recommend something that won't break the bank? It's greatly appreciated.
>>
>>8790231
(Same person) I forgot to mention that I am VERY pale and cool toned skin, if that helps any with what will look most natural. My natural color is ginger.
>>
>>8790231
Wigisfashion has decent lace front wigs for a good price. I would go for one of the shorter wigs (you won't have to deal with tangles etc) and have it cut/styled at a salon (or do it yourself if you're good at it) for more realism.
>>
File: hair.jpg (23KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
23KB, 225x350px
Anyone know of a good wig for Kiritsugu? I've only done two cosplays before and the wigs were fine (colour/length-wise) but the styling was utterly disastrous on my part, so styling tips for this would be greatly appreciated.
>>
I have an old wig from Gothic Lolita Wigs, but during Christmas some of the little ones got into it and, well, it needs help. Is there any way I can save it's curls, or should I just go ahead and re-curl it myself?
>>
>>8766713
The one I have is from wigfashion_2014 on ebay. I'd recommend it because it's poofy like Madoka's hair instead of being super round and neat like most wigs for her.
>>
>>8785481
I'm waiting 1 1/2 months now for my order too. Last time I bought from them.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wigs for daily wear? I'm almost sure I'll never see my lockshop order anyway.
>>
>>8775813
I use a generic toupee tape brand from my local beauty supply shop for short-term wear but normally I use spirit gum for all-day events or cons.
>>
>>8783551
Cool packs under the wig cap.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-02-21-02-05.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-02-21-02-05.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I need some help with this hair.
You never see it from the back, but I think it's just tied up in those two buns with the rest of the hair coming out of it.
How do I translate that to a wig? I was already looking at some lacefront wigs, but you can't just tie them up into two high buns, right?
>>
File: grd_color.jpg (473KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
grd_color.jpg
473KB, 700x700px
>>8762782
>>8767496
>>8776794
After also waiting for a response and figuring OP isn't going to put out a source, I looked it up and I'm guessing it's from here:
http://global.rakuten.com/zh-cn/store/luxystone/item/wg104/
Cannot confirm the quality, though.

>>8784159
Different anon, but if they're made from the same fibers as their wigs, then yes and I can second the quality of the fibers. Also check out gabalmania, a brand with similarly great quality.
>>
>>8785481
They've gotten even more comments in the last 2 days about it. They just disabled Posts to Page and I've noticed they've banned a few people they fucked over from their page, so they can't even comment on the other points. Classy, choke! These people need to report Lockshop to the VZBV/federation of German consumer organisations ASAP.
>>
>>8787931
Oh, shoot, thank you so much for the recommendations! Both of those could definitely work with a bit of trimming. Looking by color, though, I'm torn between Teal and Denim for color accuracy. If anyone has any input, I'd greatly appreciate it! Otherwise I'll just scour the flickr gallery and hope I can actually make up my mind for once.
>>
>>8798374
Jezus, I'm never buying from them again. What a cunt.
>>
>>8798374
Holy shit. Since they didn't respond to any of my messages yet I'll have to file a paypal claim.

Does someone have a screenshot of these comments? They're all gone now.
>>
>>8786785
I had to fix a curl in one of my wigs and i found you need to pin the curl up until the fibers are cool otherwise gravity will pull the curl out while the fibers are still warm.
>>
>>8799838
I might have some, I'm on mobile now but when I get home I'll see
>>
>>8798374
That's just low. I'm so disappointed in her.
>>
>>8785481
is she still refusing to admit how in over her head she is?
>>
>>8799838
>>8799984 here, sorry I just realized the only one I had saved was already posted.

>>8800166
They're literally just not responding to people at this point.

If anyone is having problems with them and is reading this thread: file your Paypal claim now. You should hopefully be able to do so because Paypal extended their claim dates. If it's past a claim date and you used a credit card or debit card through Paypal, contact your company or bank and dispute the charges. Contact the VZBV about Lockshop here: http://en.vzbv.de/1531.htm Include their website, owner info, if you have their shipping address (I don't unfortunately) include that, as well as a clear breakdown of the problem. The more emails they get about it, the more likely they are to take action.
>>
>>8788728
I bought a wig with the same pic, it's darker, shiny and thin. Also the bangs arent cut. Not the best but works for cosplay
>>
>>8800166
I think she's admitted it on her blog. Only vague mentions of how hectic her business is though. Last time she posted, it sounded like she was being dragged about by some deadbeat guy.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (61KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
61KB, 800x800px
Does anyone have a pic of this wig being used irl? Id like to buy it but i need to know how it would look like before i buy it so i wont waste my money if it looks too different...
>>
File: Daisy_3.png (372KB, 760x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Daisy_3.png
372KB, 760x1013px
Could anyone recommend an arda color and/or wig for princess daisy?
>>
>>8801284
Also suggestions on how to do the ends?
>>
File: 8387294530_50544f4c0f_b.jpg (113KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
8387294530_50544f4c0f_b.jpg
113KB, 500x390px
>>8801284
I'm leaning towards their dark copper red. Not sure telling from their user pics how it really is going to look
>>
>>8760677
I'm gonna blow your mind....
there's this thing called "hairspray"
>>
>>8801743
Wouldn't the wig be sticky?
>>
>>8801845
anon how do you think people style wigs. you're going to use some sort of product no matter what
>>
>>8801284
>>8801291
>>8801346

P-pls respond
>>
>>8801845
Unless you use an awful cheap brand, no. It'll be "hard" because it's supposed to hold the fibers together, but it won't be sticky. I use Aqua Net, personally.
>>
For anyone that likes gradient wigs, there's this store on taobao.

https://manreallycosplay.taobao.com
>>
File: max.jpg (46KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
46KB, 620x350px
I've never bought a wig for a cosplay before, so I'm super uncertain with my choices here... Do you think this would work for Max from Life is strange?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Soft-Degree-Hair-Wig-Straight-Hair-Short-Hair-Synthetic-Hair/1197605_1772093648.html
Also, how would I go about styling the bangs?
>>
How would I even start with this crescent wig? I have a silver wig that almost five long. Do I use wiring?
>>
>>8801882
3rd bump
>>
>>8794803
I think it would be 100x easier to just do the buns as pieces you attach to your real hair. (plus it looks like thats what they actually did)
Also the slicked back look wont look right with a wig at all
>>
>>8803344
my first thought would be to use foam in the lower part of the wig then attach part of the foam with fishing line to your costume, but no clue how to attach it to the top area unless a lot of glue and felt all the way up.
>>
>>8803965
you've barely posted a day ago, stop bumping
>>
Does anyone know any other japanese cosplay wig brands with good front lace wigs besides Cyperous? I wanted to get a few from them but the colours i wanted were out of stock. I'm not too keen on getting from Arda cause their fibres tangle easily and the size is too big for my head. Not to mention Arda doesn't carry the style that i want.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 640x414px
gonna be cosplaying Daru Dayu at Anime Expo and Ive been looking for ideas and tutorials and wigs to maybe use and I've had no luck. Any suggestions? I don't know where to start
>>
>>8804118
>doesn't help
>bumps

Stay shit /cgl/
>>
>>8804501
Does it need to be Japanese?

Wigisfashion is usually heavily rec'ed here, though I don't personally have experience with them. I usually buy from CosplayDNA and Laurawu_123 on Ebay and have good experience with their non-lacefronts.
>>
>>8801975
Does anyone have a wig from here that could vouch for the quality? They're really cute but look kind of shiny.
>>
Has anyone ordered a wig from Dream-holic on taobao? I'm wondering about their quality. They have some really cute designs, I've been looking for a nice blonde curly wig for lolita, with as little shine as possible. Also I haven't made a taobao order in years, can anyone recommend a decent SS? I know about the etsy resellers, their prices seem a bit scalpy to me, though they do have a wide selection. I was thinking of the 'Apple Jelly' wig, and maybe curling it a little more myself. Any thoughts? I rarely wear wigs for lolita, so I'm a tad clueless.
>>
File: stretch-comb-img.jpg (19KB, 200x181px) Image search: [Google]
stretch-comb-img.jpg
19KB, 200x181px
On Arda wigs they had a tutorial where you sewed these onto the wig cap, for better support with heavier wigs than the usual hair clips you sew on.

But the wig keeps sliding back with this. The usual hair clips seem to hold far better. Should I remove the whole band and just sew on the clips instead?
>>
File: 1449475606928.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449475606928.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
>>8775819
Not sure if this can help
>>
>>8767556
I think it could work if you styled it more, like adding a little more spike and messiness.
>>
>>8804921
I put in an order recently. But they're probably not going to come in for another 2-3 weeks (have costumes that's going to take 10-15 days) if you can wait that long.
>>
This might be a weird question, but how do you stop your features sort of looking weird if you're wearing an unnatural color wig? I have a pastel pink wig, and while my skin tone doesn't look weird with it, my eyes look really tiny. Should I try heavier eye makeup/false lashes?
>>
>>8805452
False lashes usually do the trick for me when I'm wearing oddly colored wigs
>>
>>8801284
I wouldn't opp for the dark copper red imo. I have one and it is nothing like Daisy's colour
>>
What's everyone's opinion on yesstyle wigs? Are they good quality or would I be better off looking somewhere else
>>
>>8805858
Could I get suggestions for a different color then? I'm kinda lost here.
>>
File: ??.jpg (145KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
??.jpg
145KB, 600x465px
>>8778799
Whats wrong with lace fronts?
>>
>>8785481
Does anyone know what happened to that spokesperson/contest they held? It just died without a conclusion just like the company has
>>
Anyone know where i can find a super saiyan vegeta wig with the widows peak? Doesnt matter what it looks like, as long as it has the widows peak
>>
What kind of wig hairstyles would be flattering on a round/square face shape?
>>
>>8804995
I'd love a review when you could do it, anon.
>>
>>8806822
all the already made ones are really, really bad. you have to buy a lace front wig and put the widow's peak in there yourself
>>
>>8806864
I usually go for sideswept bangs. Go for long wigs to help make your face look thinner, or go for shoulder length wigs that would curl a few inches underneath your jaw.
>>
Has anyone used Arda's silky brand? it sounds interesting but the only reviews i see for it feel like ads.
>>
>>8807139
I've seen mixed reviews for the silky wigs. Seems like a lot of people are saying it's not worth it, but I've got some wig-savvy friends saying the long silky wigs are much better than the classic ones. I'd love to hear some gull's personal experiences over some second-hand relay, though!
>>
>>8806920
Yep! If there's a new wig thread, I'll do a few reviews on that. if not, look for it in the taobao threads.
>>
Anyone know where i can find a low to decently priced super saiyan 3 wig?
>>
File: 81Du0dKRHJL._SL1500_.jpg (274KB, 1100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81Du0dKRHJL._SL1500_.jpg
274KB, 1100x1500px
Has anyone heard of mapofbeauty wigs? I got one randomly as a gift from a relative.
It's not a bad quality, soft and fairly full. Did I luck out or is the seller actually good?
This is the wig I got. Any suggestions for what to do with it? I'm pretty good with wigs.
>>
File: 1.jpg (54KB, 440x396px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
54KB, 440x396px
Could I get an opinion, please? Holo's hair in pictures seems more orange toned, but in the novels it's always described as "chestnut brown". What colour wig should I get?

Thanks
>>
>>8809751
I think I've seen them on amazon and they had pretty good reviews, so I'd say it's more or less safe. no personal experience, sorry anon
>>
I've got an old lace front laying around I would like to repurpose if possible. It's a short pumpkin orange Arda and I'd like to go red. While I've dyed before, I've never done it on a lace front. I won't be too torn up if it doesn't work since it's well worn, but is it worth it? I know the main risk is dyeing the lace, but might one method be better than the other?
>>
File: wigs.png (2MB, 1833x783px) Image search: [Google]
wigs.png
2MB, 1833x783px
Need help deciding on a colour. I feel like if I go with the blonde it'll be way too yellow in person but the white will be too bright. I don't want to spring for Arda because I'm a Eurofag and could be hit with customs. I'll probably get samples just in case but whilst I'm here, might as well ask.
>>
>>8810257
I'd buy them both if possible. Sell the other one.

If I had to pick one I'd pick the blond one, way more flattering than white in person. White usually imo looks cheap, dunno.
I'd check if there's a lighter blond somewhere else tho.
>>
>>8770314
>>8771268
>>8773930
Meepy runs Choke's social media so what do you expect?
>>
>>8807139
Misses the mark for dark colours (black is atrocious) because it is really, really shiny. Tangle wise, it is nice and combs out well so lighter colours work alright (I also have an ash blonde one that I'm pretty happy with). I haven't gotten around to taking out the shine from my black one yet to know how much it messes with the texture.
>>
>>8810257

People usually use a peach toned white for her wig
>>
>>8810323
Any suggestions on finding a lacefront peach toned white wig that length?
>>
Heads up to those of you who ordered from Arda's silky line: they're sending out emails to at least some of the customers who ordered them with a link to a survey.

It's 14 questions and some are optional. Complete it and they're supposed to send you a 10% off coupon code at a later date. Didn't take me that long and I aired out all my concerns and suggestions for the line.

>>8807139
>>8807178

I'm not terribly impressed by it, but it's not terrible.

> texture: good as long as it's not a super-layered style
> shine: worse for solid or near-solid colors like white, silver, black, etc

I agree with >>8810322 's assessment about black, and I have a suspicion that their blends look better than solids (which would jive with the ash blonde looking fine)

>>8810190
Don't do it. Saw a friend attempt this and there was only regret down this road.
>>
>>8783837
I'd say go for it, most of mine are from there. Shipping takes forever
>>
Does anyone have any of wigisfashion's straight wigs? I'm looking at the 28" Yaki, but the one wig I have from them was way too thick, and since it's for a live action costume, I'd rather not have to remove half the fiber.

Alternatively, what's up with epiccosplay's lace front alternatives?
>>
>>8783837
I got two long pink curly wigs from here. The curls were gorgeous and the color accurately matched the photo. They tangled heaps but I bought them before I knew how to take care of wigs
>>
>>8809756
I'd go for a reddish brown, perhaps a hint lighter than chestnut brown.
>>
>>8811003
Thanks, that gives me a hint on what to go for!
>>
File: Pompadour_wig.png (550KB, 531x617px) Image search: [Google]
Pompadour_wig.png
550KB, 531x617px
So I'm completely unfamiliar with the wizardly/witchery of wigging.
How much should I expect to pay for this?

Can anyone recommend a wig maker to me?
>>
File: 5.jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
>>8774936
>>8786410
Fairly late, but I would recommend against titanium blonde. I bought a titanium blonde wig for the same character, but for some reason it just doesn't look quite right. Might be something that only looks alright in anime? The game might also just have some weird yellow/gold tint to it.

Arda doesn't have anything lighter than titanium blonde so I'm going with their silver which I'd argue looks a lot better IRL for Ram than titanium blonde would.
>>
>>8811312
Just do it yourself, it's not that hard.

>Get lacefront (color.salon, arda, wigisfashion)
>Modify hairline
>Use blowdryer, hairspray, and pins to style back sides
>Separate front in three parts
>Backcomb and gently hairspray bottom part
>Blowdry backwards, lightly backcomb and hairspray the middle part
>Style top part over that
>Set hairspray
>Put wig on someone, cutting along the fibers shorten down the excess hair in the back to your tastes
>Don't go to short though
>???
>Profit
>>
File: Ino2.png (1MB, 1191x933px) Image search: [Google]
Ino2.png
1MB, 1191x933px
Putting together an Ino cosplay but I'm really struggling with the wig. Is there any way to make the hairline look like it's pulled up into a ponytail? I've seen a lot of super natural looking widow's peaks wigs but I've only seen terrible unnatural wigs for Ino so I'm wondering if there's any way to make the ponytail look pulled back.

I'm planning on getting a lace front from Wig Is Fashion and then adding wefts for the bangs. That should be viable... right?
>>
>>8812354
I've thought about how to do this wig so much since I was thinking about cosplaying her too, I was going to kind of cheat by getting a short lacefront wig and just coming the hair in the direction that it would be going as if it were pulled up. This is also mostly just because I hate wearing ponytail wigs and stubbing a lacefront wig seems like a waste for such an expensive wig
>>
Didn't see it mentioned before, Arda is having a flash sale. 15% off almost everything.
>>
>>8811312
Get the Marty from Arda. Slightly unpick the strong widows peak into a round tip. Done.
>>
>>8812684
Marty's too layered for a good pomp, I'd get a cady and thin it out.>>8812684
>>
File: Araragi.Koyomi.full.911970.jpg (127KB, 880x560px) Image search: [Google]
Araragi.Koyomi.full.911970.jpg
127KB, 880x560px
What would be the best wig for pic related? How would I go about styling it?
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 750x1334px
Would i be able to dye/paint this wig red?
>>
>>8812681
Not even salty that I put in an order on Sunday, but god damnit why does it take them so long to ship out something that is "In Stock"? Is their order volume really that crazy high?
>>
>>8813532
no
>>
>>8812681
Is the silky line really as party city tier as some say it is? Might try to sneak an order in before the promo ends for one, but I don't want to waste my money.
>>
File: dat shit ino wig.jpg (29KB, 567x500px) Image search: [Google]
dat shit ino wig.jpg
29KB, 567x500px
>>8812406
So worried about the wefts showing... I've been thinking about this for so long but I still have no idea where to start. Almost every wig for Ino I see looks unnatural and bulky (pic related). Wondering if I should just make the wig like that and then ventilate the wig.
>>
>>8814069
DO NOT BUY SILKY.

I have been fighting and struggling with the silkies I bought during their sale and anon, do not do it, the discounted price is not worth your pain and suffering. If you have a stick straight style, it detangles wonderfully so if you're just getting a long straight wig and want to wear it like that, it'll work for you.

However if you're styling the wig at all or using a curly style,. get ready for it to tangle like a bitch, and even rats nest. The fiber is purposefully made thin so that it can slide and be better detangle, but I'm finding that this makes it even more prone to frizzing and tangling. I have been trying to figure out why, and my best guess is that the thin fiber flies away easier in the dry air (instead of staying put in nice curled clumps) and/or the thin fiber means that when you comb the flyaways out it's much easier to crimp and deform the strands which will then never lay flat again.. I have gone through two different silky wigs - the first became so disgustingly tangled I literally threw it away. The second is fast on the path to the same fate even though I am being much more careful with it.
>>
>>8814069
anon from earlier in the thread bitching about the black silky here. I'm gonna pull it out again today to attempt to work with it so I'll take some pictures to show what I mean. It is honestly ridiculously shiny. The thickness is nice, to their credit, but the way it looks in any light is just. So bad.
>>
>>8814328
Agreeing with this, the shine is VERY bad on some styles and colors. I am beyond frustrated and disappointed with the ones I bought, I spent over $100 on them and I am about to spend $100 more to replace everything with wigs I can use.
>>
File: Sans titre2.png (743KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre2.png
743KB, 900x600px
Would a Cady from Arda be appropriate for this ? I was thinking of buying a Spanish Brown one (bottom pics related).
>>
File: IMG_20160116_130131.jpg (71KB, 351x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_130131.jpg
71KB, 351x498px
>>8814328
Me again, I got lazy yesterday but here it is with cellphone flash pretty much fresh from the bag (ignore the part I bunged up somehow in storage). It is overcast out so the shine isn't too bad in normal bedroom lighting. Not as bad as I remember anyway.
>>
>>8814446
Totes, you might want to thin it out and give it a bit of curl, though.
>>
File: stars.jpg (102KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
102KB, 800x580px
>>8760677
Whats a good wig to use for an adult Starlock Simon Cosplay
I was thinking this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AonoExorcist-Short-Cosplay-Blue-Black-Wig-H-43-/301463079630 But I'm not sure how I style it or if it could be styled in a way that would represent it well?
>>
>>8816460

Great, thanks ! I'll try to get it next time there's a sale.
>>
>>8816516
Don't buy wigs from randos on Ebay or Amazon. Sometimes they'll rip you off by selling inferior stuff using someone else's image (which judging by the Taobao watermark, that's not their image). If you don't want to spring for a more expensive wig like Arda or Epiccosplay, then CosplayDNA and Laurawu_123 on Ebay are the cheaper sellers I usually buy from that still have good quality stuff.
>>
File: Simon and Kamina.png (783KB, 1270x715px) Image search: [Google]
Simon and Kamina.png
783KB, 1270x715px
>>8816871
Thank a lot anon I'm going to try the Epiccosplay
>>
I ordered a few things from Arda during their flash sale a few days ago and haven't even gotten a confirmation e-mail or anything so far. Should I be concerned? My card was charged and everything, so I'm assuming it went through, but don't they normally send out "Thanks for your order!" e-mails?

Also, how passable are wigisfashion wigs for everyday wear? Do they tend to look like real, convincing hair normally, or are they shiny? Do they tangle easily? I know it probably depends partially on the length. I'm considering going for a medium-length one. Are the lace-front wigs worth the price? Sorry to ask all of these questions, but I'd really appreciate the help!
>>
File: steffi2.jpg (56KB, 431x640px) Image search: [Google]
steffi2.jpg
56KB, 431x640px
>>8818909
I've gotten a number of wigs from wigisfashion and it really depends on the wig.... I've noticed that the ones I have that are shinier/less realistic are older and either now in the sale section or gone from the website, so I wonder if they have changed over to a different factory in the last few months and are phasing out the lower quality stuff.

I do think they are the best fashion wigs you'll find below $30 a piece. In fact the cheap $30 fashion wigs I've found in fashion shops in America are like Party City wigs compared to WIF stuff... The fiber is soft, the caps are nicely made, the newer ones I have aren't too thin or too thick.

As for the lace fronts--personally I only like the medium and shorter length lace fronts. The long ones I have, and that I've seen on other people, are just too thick and heavy for everyday fashion wear, unless you braid them or otherwise style the heck out of them.
>>
>>8818909
I got a long, blonde straight lace front and it's ok. It doesn't look natural, but it's ok without flash. That's the case with most wigs though. For cosplay it's enough.
>>
>>8818941
Good to know about the sale stuff being generally lower quality! I've been eyeing a few wigs in that section for a while, so I guess I'll back out of that and keep my attention on the normal priced stuff.

Glad to hear about the quality!

Are they alright styling-wise? I tend to be skittish about styling wigs much because I simply don't know much about it. I constantly worry that touching it the wrong way till cause horrid tangles and fraying and whatnot (though to be fair, I probably haven't purchased a lot of high-quality wigs in the past. I'm still pretty new to this!)

>>8818943
Thanks for the input! :)
>>
>>8809751
I love map of beauty many of their wigs are fucking great. I know 4 or 5 of my cosplay friends are crazy about them. I have gotten 1 wig form them that wasn't as full and thick as the others so i give them 4 of 5 stars. But I have paid 10 bucks for a wig with better coverage, thicker, fuller, than an arda wig. i say they are worth the risk to try before way over paying for a wig
>>
>>8818958
>Are they alright styling-wise?

Yep. The only issue I've had is that because the fibers are very fine/soft, you really need to use clips and pins etc to keep everything in place while you work.
>>
>>8788728
will a middle bang like in anime/wigs ever not look dumb to wear everyday in your real hair? i really like the look
>>
>>8820326
no
>>
File: Mana_Asuha.png (80KB, 263x340px) Image search: [Google]
Mana_Asuha.png
80KB, 263x340px
Kinda interested in cosplaying Mana from luck and logic, but for the wig: is it worth dying the majority of a blue wig black to get the bang gradient or can you dye blue on top of the black? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm new to this.
>>
Are there any places to buy wigs with sideburns? I have no idea how to create this look and last time I tried to make a wig with sideburns it ended badly.
>>
File: TBR063F52L220875-2.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TBR063F52L220875-2.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>>8801975
A little update, got the wigs into the warehouse and it's the first time I've seen a taobao wig store have their own box/bags with their store name.
>>
File: Kamina sketch nono.jpg (238KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Kamina sketch nono.jpg
238KB, 850x850px
Halp.

I've never worn or styled a wig before. I possibly have the help of a sister to do it, but she's never done a (cosplay) wig either, it would just be her own talents.

I'm doing Kamina. Is there such a thing as ordering a pre-styled wig, and would it look like shit or are there reputable places? If I were to do it myself, any recommendations? I hate half-assing cosplay, if I can't get the wig right I'd consider it a fail.

Lend me your advice, seagulls. I'm a fucking newb.
>>
File: CIpQYf5VAAAFkbK.jpg (42KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
CIpQYf5VAAAFkbK.jpg
42KB, 600x240px
Has anyone heard of or purchased from Sweet Star? The wigs look really nice, but I've never dealt with a pre-styled wig before other than curls.
>>
>>8824083
There is such a thing as prestyled wigs, but you'll always have to trim a wig to fit your features.
You'll want a lace front wig (one that looks like it's growing out of your scalp) for the forehead exposed bit. Got 2 b glued styling gel is your friend and can be picked up at the nearest CVS.
If you're really bad at it, wig commissions are a thing which is as close to "prestyled" you'll get.
>>
File: hikaku-wl006.jpg (139KB, 428x520px) Image search: [Google]
hikaku-wl006.jpg
139KB, 428x520px
>>8824149
Sweetstar is an offshoot of airily.

I'm usure if they are set up on the sweetstar website to do international EMS.

I do have a curly 80cm airily and it did brush back into position after use. You do have to be more gentle caring for curly wigs, and brush the curls individually or it will turn to a poof.
>>
>>8824166

Thanks for the tips!

I think what I'll do is try to make it myself asap, and if it looks horrible I might splurge on a commission. I have 4 months to my con. Are there any recommended go-to people for a wig comish?
>>
File: penny.png (737KB, 828x1044px) Image search: [Google]
penny.png
737KB, 828x1044px
i'm planning to cosplay penny polendina from RWBY.
are there any recommendations for reliable sites to buy wigs? i mainly use lucaille, and i've checked arda, but neither of the two have wigs the same length and colour.
>>
To anons who've bought from Soft Degree before, how big are the wig caps? In comparison to other wig sellers (Arda, Wigisfashion, Five Wits, etc.). I want to get one or two for just daily wear, but I wanna make are they'll be comfortable enough on my head to make it work.
>>
File: image.jpg (357KB, 1241x1699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
357KB, 1241x1699px
Does anyone know where this wig is from?
>>
File: stockin.png (86KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
stockin.png
86KB, 250x350px
Planning a couple Stocking cosplays and I wanted to get a wig with a lighter pink. Does anyone have any recommendations? I just don't want to end up buying a shitty cheap wig.
>>
>>8832525
Well, you can always try combing two wigs together or adding pink weft extensions.

Although I guess this is more of a last option thing if you can't find any wigs you are happy with.
>>
What color would her hair match up too? Like a red brown?
>>
>>8832525
I'm not sure how light you want the pink part to be but I know someone who has this one and it looks really good!
http://matchwigs.com/buy-cosplay-wigs/409-firion-long-blue-wig-cosplay.html#/color-blue
>>
>>8831595
I think it's a pair of Priscilla hair clips plus a fake bang piece, rather than a full wig.
>>
Quick advice gulls, I ordered from Lucaille a few days ago and responded to a message yesterday . It took like 8 emails before a few finally didnt get a declined message. They didn't respond and it was about one of the wigs I ordered being out of stock. When do I start panicking?
>>
>>8834378
Think brown that's been home dyed to a store red. IMO that's the most spot-on Mamimi hair color.
So any dull but still unnatural red would be
good.
>Mamimi is best girl
>>
>>8803344
look up Jesse wigs? I feel like there's no way you're going to get that wig 100%, take come liberties maybe? Idk how the hell you would desu.

>wigs that long suck
>>
File: wowzers.jpg (6KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
wowzers.jpg
6KB, 228x221px
>>8835681
okay i did not add that desu at the end wtf
>>
>>8835683
Word filter turns t b h into desu
>>
I don't know if I should post this in the dumb questions thread, but I need some help. How do I know if a wig is heat-damaged?
>>
>>8833008
I'll keep this in mind if I can't settle with any that I find. I honestly wouldn't mind putting in the extra effort if it means having a wig that I'm happy with that I would rewear.
>>8835078
That light pink is actually pretty close to what I've been looking for. I'll definitely bookmark this.

Thanks, guys!
>>
>>8836659
The fibers will have small kinks and bumps in them even if the over all shape of wig is ok. If you take a section between two fingers and slide them along the section it will feel rough.
>>
>>8836709
As for the damage, can it be repaired? It's only a small section of the wig, but still.
>>
>>8836720
You may not be able to bring it back to like new, but you can try the tips in this link.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=136399
>>
>>8770197
out them in a public post, the shit chokelate gets away with because she's efamous is incredible
>>
>>8836914
THIS.

Please someone do this, for all the girls who haven't received orders. They disabled posts to page so nobody can call her out on it!

>>8798374
>>8785481
>>
>>8806367
The price reflects the quality, generally pretty thin and shiny, but not to party city standards
>>
File: 203_s.jpg (14KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
203_s.jpg
14KB, 140x140px
>>8824083
>2016
>making Kamina cosplay

My man.

As the other anon said lace front would be best for Kamina, and you'll probably want to look into glued hairlines anyway for the left side. Right now Tetsurou Kuroo is a decently popular character with a similar hairstyle so looking at tutorials for his hair will be helpful. (http://aminoapps.com/web/x38/blog/8060f2c1-f7bf-4f1f-931b-6b2122cb9286 and reika has some videos of her doing the hairline for her Kuroo wig as well. Also a long time ago I saw a really good looking tutorial for glued hairlines for a character with a similar hairstyle on deviantart as well, though i couldn't find it, it was a red haired character but I don't know who it was) there are a lot of different ways to cut wigs, so watch videos on how to do that even if the style isn't similar (knite and zeus pro for example have good videos on cutting wigs but their techniques are quite different, some people will cut layers from the sides, some people prefer working on a wig head, etc) figure out how you want to cut the wig, and then, if possible practice on a different wig first. And when you do cut your wig it longer than you want it first, because you can always make it shorter, but not longer.

I was drawn to the idea of prestyled wigs as well when I first started, they're not really a thing, but even if they were, I'd still probably recommend cutting it yourself. Wig cutting and styling is a very valuable skill for a cosplayer, and it's better to be able to cut it yourself for a lot of reasons, you can tailor the cut to your face shape better, you can get it to look more how you want it to etc etc

That's about all I can think of, but good luck, and I hope this was helpful.
>>
>>8812406
>>8812354
I once saw a tutorial for a spiked up wig where the cosplayer took offcuts and used eyelash glue to glue them a bit in front of the wig hairline.

That's an idea, but don't fault me if it goes wrong.
>>
>>8775719
My friend made dreads with wool, maybe that'd be an alternative for the different colored ones?
>>
>>8776993
Washing it doesn't help much but at least it feels less disgusting and looks a bit better. And if you definitely need it to be less shiny for a shorter period of time then using baby powder etc. would be fine.
>>
>>8836914
>>8836928
Sadly they've brushed it all under the rug pretty effectively. Disabled posts to page, banned anyone who posted about their bad service from their Facebook. Outside of reporting them to the VZBV/federation of German consumer organisations >>8798374 I don't know what else can be done. Unless choke screwed over someone with a following who could make a big Tumblr post or Youtube video. idk.
>>
>>8810257
I really recommend getting a character wig for her from a Taobao seller or finding one in that milky off white color. I don't think white or the pale blonde look quite right for her. I had the same issue when I cosplayed her, got a Lucaille one that was the perfect color but that motherfucker tangled so bad in the car ride to the shoot it was basically ruined. So I don't recommend long Lucaille wigs either. It's a tough one to pick out, wish I had a recommendation to be of some use. Good luck.
>>
>>8785210
Where?!
>>
>>8824264
Is Airily generally considered a good brand? Do they do international shipping, and how? Also, do their straight wigs tangle like a bitch?
>>
>>8811333
I feel like I should use official art, the silver is way to silver.... and the "anime" scenes are washed out(?)
>>
>>8839019
Also, can you take a picture of the wig?
>>
>>8823639
I think you just have to do like a glued hairline for it but I'm not sure.
>>
>>8820326
Probably.
>>
>>8837034

It was very helpful, thanks!
>>
So, I know there's a ton of ebay shops people use, but I'm looking for one that does basic colored wigs

Looking for a short, choppy, sidebang wig that bright blue (on the turquoise side)
>>
>>8801284
i used a jareth long in warm light brown and sewed a short weft into the bangs. I really hate how the bangs came out in the end but I used the boiling water method to do the curl/flip in the back which I think looks nice {although you can't see it in the photo)
>>
File: Cosplaywig_WG_LF843_2.jpg (145KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
Cosplaywig_WG_LF843_2.jpg
145KB, 400x550px
does anyone have any experience with this eBay seller wigglamour? I'm kind of tempted by pic related.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Long-Straight-Dark-Grey-Mixed-Purple-Ombre-Customizable-Lace-Front-Wig-/151883609180?hash=item235cf7f45c
>>
>>8801966
DON'T USE AQUA NET use bed head hard head
>>
Just discovered volumising powder (the dry shampoo that's sticky) makes a really good de-shine powder for wigs without fallout. So glad to have a use for it, it's terrible in my hair.

What's a good way of fixing a wig spike without that nasty wet look you get with hairspray?
>>
File: 1451936506172.jpg (116KB, 536x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1451936506172.jpg
116KB, 536x1229px
Forgive me if this has been answered a thousand times or something. I'm shopping around for a wig that has a natural orange-ish color (I'm not really a fan of the orange wigs used to cosplay this character), but I'm having trouble identifying the exact hair color name/search term. Would it be along the lines of flaxen or auburn? Or is there a more general term for this type of color?
>>
alright, fuck it, let's do this.

I am going to contact the VZBV - Federation of German Consumer Organisations, mentioned above, about Lockshop. I am collecting any complaints anyone's had about Lockshop, on the e-mail above. order numbers, screencaps and dates would be a huge help. I've grabbed the screencap listed above, and the one comment I could see on their facebook.
I'm tired of this bitch getting off with horrible business practices simply because of e-fame. time for karma to bite back.
I'm also looking for a German-speaker to help me compose the letter to them (English doesn't usually get shit done in Germany) - I do have a few friends I could ask, but a lolita/cosplayer would probably be more helpful.
>>
>>8843804
I'd help with translation, but since I don't have any beef with Lockshop or Choke I wouldn't want to send anything to any officials. But as for translation, I'd help.

But honestly, the VZBV probably won't do anything. They only care for big businesses like supermarkets or franchises. Some small one-business isn't worth their time. You can try, of course, but better not expect too much.
>>
>>8841897
I've bought from them several times as well as their affiliate stores (like wig-fever) and all of them have been pretty great and true to their pictures. Might depend on the wig, but the fibers are soft and don't tangle easily.
>>
>>8843858
I am not expecting very much, no, but maybe they'll just send an angry letter and she chills out and sorts her shit out. I'll save your e-mail, thanks.
>>
>>8843426
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fashion-Long-Straight-Brownish-Orange-Hair-Wig-TB1117-/251374318490?hash=item3a8713b39a:g:Xl8AAOxyP4dTdcXu
>>
>>8843804
I've had one of her wigs I got only because I had a discount ticket and it sucked. I would brush it and bunches of hairs would come off every single time I passed a comb.
Also, on a side note, she once asked me to get something as a SS and she was terrible. She would me go and check everywhere and everything and at the end she would never pay for some lame excuse like "oh I payed but paypal didn't process my payment" or something. She did that more than once and I ended up just ignoring her requests. Not a buyer or seller I would recommend.
>>
>>8841897
Delivered decent quality wig. Not as full as other brands. Fiber quality was exellent. Smaller size wig cap. Is a trustworthy seller.
>>
>>8843804
I have no horse in this race but good luck, anon! Keep us posted, I'm curious to see if there will be any sort of public response from Choke.
>>
What is a good wig brand that doesn't tangle, but comes in lots of colors? I need a long, curly pink wig and I live arda, but I know it's not worth it.
>>
>>8845862
I'm hesitant to say GLW because apparently their quality's hit and miss but GLW.
>>
>>8845626
that will be one of the things I will request from her - a public explanation and apology (among other things), and if that doesn't come I will be going to authorities, thanks anon.

anyone ever bought from Dayiss on Amazon? they have some really cute wigs and the customer reviews are ok, but I trust gulls more than randoms on amazon
>>
File: wigs.png (1MB, 1256x1480px) Image search: [Google]
wigs.png
1MB, 1256x1480px
I want to cosplay Olivia from Fire Emblem, and Im trying to figure out what to do about her wig. I was thinking of buying a long straight wig like the Persephone and braiding it, then getting a ponytail clip for the back because I dont want to attempt and make a non-ponytail wig into a ponytail. Arda sells pre curled clips, but Ive always heard that their long wigs tangle so I was thinking of trying Epic this time around.

Is this a good idea? Im by no means a master at hair so I'm really unsure, and I know her wig will be pricey so I want to make the right choice the first time.
>>
>>8767556
It should be a warmer shade of blonde really.
>>
>>8821350
You can dye blue over a dark grey wig but not blue on black. Search for gradient wigs!
>>
File: lock shop3.png (175KB, 587x464px) Image search: [Google]
lock shop3.png
175KB, 587x464px
>>8843804
Is this the comment you mentioned on Facebook? Screencapped just in case they delete it and ban the person like they did with others.
>>
File: screencap2.png (34KB, 537x380px) Image search: [Google]
screencap2.png
34KB, 537x380px
>>8843804
2 more people who had problems. From a post July 10th. There were waay more complains in between July and now but they seem to have deleted comments and/or blocked people who complained more than once, so they're gone now.

I would also post something on Tumblr. There are probably people who had bad experiences that don't go here but use more general social media.
>>
File: wighelp.jpg (402KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
wighelp.jpg
402KB, 1024x1448px
I need a blue and orange gradient wig. I'm thinking of buying a white twintail wig and dying the tips orange, allowing that to dry, then dying the rest of the twintails blue, holding it upside down. I've never dyed a wig before. Would this method work?

Is there a general guideline for what colors work best for your skin tone? I have tanned skin and am thinking of dying the wig a darker blue since I doubt the light blue would look good on me.
>>
File: WG_LF847_1.jpg (123KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
WG_LF847_1.jpg
123KB, 400x550px
>>8843860
>>8844887
thank you, that's helpful!

god damn it, this one's pretty cute too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Long-Straight-Black-Pink-Blue-Mixed-Ombre-Customizable-Lace-Front-Wig-/161886248732?hash=item25b12c1f1c
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1454592510707.png (3MB, 2048x2480px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1454592510707.png
3MB, 2048x2480px
>>copypaste from help thread b/c I am dumb
Ran into a small problem with my Elsa costume I just started putting together, got all the materials and I intend on doing tons of beading on the bodice.

Did anybody else who did Elsa run into this particular problem? Hair right on top of beads. Snag city. The braid of my wig sits right on my boob.

>>don't want to cut it short b/c I don't have a gigantic head so it'll look dumb/less wow (this isn't for a cosplay it's for wearing to kids parties, so wow factor is important!)

>> don't want to not bead part of my bodice b/c that'll be super obvious and terrible looking

Is there anything I can do to prevent my wig from being snagged to shit?

I was thinking maybe I could gel the everloving shit out of the bottom of it, maybe with that got 2b spike stuff since the hold is pretty stiff, unless anybody knows of a gel that's more hardcore?

Inb4 caulking and other permanent stuff, I need it to be washable and not damage my wig so I can restyle it as needed.
>>
File: curly.png (320KB, 651x261px) Image search: [Google]
curly.png
320KB, 651x261px
Does anyone have any good recs for curly twintail wigs? Less like >>8800975 and >>8809751 , more like pic related. But a bit more natural and with more longer pieces. Preferably something that could get here within the next few weeks.
>>
File: tumblr_ns5ykvOgCR1qgwps9o1_500.jpg (67KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns5ykvOgCR1qgwps9o1_500.jpg
67KB, 500x667px
>>8775819
I would look up Rose Quartz wig tutorials.
>>
>>8846514
Just buy a Sona wig from League and dye the yellow part orange.
>>
Is there a place that sells a decent mullet wig? Otherwise, does someone have any tips on how to style one? I want to cosplay as Kaiji.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-05-02-52-14.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-05-02-52-14.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
What's the best way to go about styling a wig into lower ponytails? Should I be looking to clip on separate pieces? Pic related, it's what I want to cosplay. Wig recs would be appreciated, especially for color.
>>
>>8849244
Can't you just get a long wig then tie it into two long pigtails?
>>
>>8849244
You can just get a long wig and tie it into two low ponytails, anon! The only issue with that method is that depending on wig thickness (and how you separate the hair for the ponytails) the wefts can show a little at the bottom, but if you 're wearing a hood it won't show anyway.

Not sure about wig style/color recs, though. I haven't done very many cosplays with longer hair because I'm terrible at dealing with tangles, so I'm not sure what your best options would be for brand. Good luck, though!
>>
File: 10-17-09_Lauren_Dukoff_001.jpg (1MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
10-17-09_Lauren_Dukoff_001.jpg
1MB, 4288x2848px
what would be the best way to go about styling curls like this? i've tried boiling water and curlers on other wigs in the past but i'm a little concerned about the length.
>>
File: bully bull bull.png (44KB, 508x536px) Image search: [Google]
bully bull bull.png
44KB, 508x536px
>>8843804
new facebook comments. Their CS Representative is "ill" and somehow that explains why they owe people stuff from October.
>>
>>8849244
no way, sadone cosplay? post pics when you finish please!
>>
>>8850143
I will never buy from Lockshop again and the wig I got from them was absolute shit. I don't know why so many lolitas rave over their stuff. What a fucking nightmare.
>>
Is it possible to add wefts to clip on twintails?

>>8847902
Thanks for the suggestion. Can't find a good Sona wig though, but I did find a tutorial how to make one so I'll just use the same process.
>>
>>8849591
You need to back brush.
>>
>>8850210
I second everything
>>
>>8846263
sounds like a good plan! i love epic, they're wigs hardly tangle at all and are really easy to comb out!

It just looks like you'll have to tease the ponytail clip a lot to give it the same volume as the picture
>>
>>8850559
Yes. The understructure is usually something like a drawstring bag of mesh that fits over a claw clip, so you just take the clip out and loosen the drawstring and you'll be able to sew wefts onto the mesh fabric between the existing wefts. You can also add quilt batting in the space between the 'bag' and the clip when you reassemble it, if you want more volume at the base.
>>
I already posted this in the bodyline thread but I thought you guys would know more about wigs - how is the quality on bodyline's w125? It looks pretty shiny in the picture but I can't find a nicer wig in the same style (I suck at styling wigs). If there's a nicer one out there like it please tell me because I need it to be pretty convincing because I'm using it for jfash not for cosplay.
>>
>>8847776
What sort of beading is it? You could think about putting stuff over the part the hair is supposed to cover? My first thought, if it's mostly shiny sequins, is packing tape, but I don't know what your costume looks like so I can't really help.
>>
>>8850861
I bought the mermaid in Vanille. It came all tangled, with a bald spot in the back, and no amount of brushing, washing, or styling will help. It just gets more and more frizzy. I ended up cutting it off into a short bob, but I don't know if i'll ever wear it again. It looks like shit.
>>
>>8760677
Constant vigilance
Water wax or other heavy wig hold product
Keep it on a wig head with clips in it when not worn.
Keep the colors clipped seperate when washing, brushing.
Pain in the butt but worth it if you love the look.
>>
>>8776993
Dry shampoo, shake.
>>
>>8850143
This is garbage. What is really going on with Choke?
>>
>>8850143
>>8850210
>>8851198
Not even an apology!
>>
>>8851198
Whenever the 'Lockshop' account posts, it basically seems to pass the buck. "Ohhh our customer service department is totally unrelated to our Facebook account." "Ohhhh a different department handles those emails" etc.
>>
File: kali hair references.png (720KB, 916x616px) Image search: [Google]
kali hair references.png
720KB, 916x616px
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would put a wig like this together effectively? I've thought about perhaps getting some wefts and braiding them, and sewing them to a cap or something similar. I'm quite new to this kind of thing. The braids need to be quite thick, maybe I could make a two-piece wig where the braids on top and to the sides attach to the headpiece? Open to ideas, I've got until October.
>>
>>8850880
Thank you! I just need to add wefts for color, not for volume. Good to know that this is doable.
>>
>>8851549
You'll definitely need to add support so that the wig doesn't slip down on your head, if you're using lots of wefts. Kind of like how they sew the Rapunzel wig on her shoulder at the DisneY Parks.
>>
>>8851106
It's gonna be a mix of rhinestones and flat beads, but thanks for the idea anon! I actually read it wrong and thought you were telling me to put tape on my wig xD It gave me an idea for a solution, if my gel idea doesn't work I can make some kind of satin cover to clip into the underside of my braid! I'll put a snowflake or something on it just in case the kids wonder what the hell is in my hair
>>
File: Stubbing.jpg (118KB, 810x840px) Image search: [Google]
Stubbing.jpg
118KB, 810x840px
>>8812354
Have you thought about trying stubbing?
You may need 2 wigs but the end results always look killer
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3445721/
>>
>>8845884
you're kidding right?
>>
>>8847776
What most people do is sew a thin layer of sheer organza over the bodice. It doesn't show up in pictures. You could also sew netting into the wig.
>>
>>8846411
yes, saved that one earlier
>>8850143
haha, yeah right. not even trying.

I was on a trip, back now but I don't think I have enough to go to her yet. still would love more screencaps and stories, still the same email
>>
Do you guys have any recommendations for wig shampoos or conditioners?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.