[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAGFest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 36

File: image.png (17KB, 640x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17KB, 640x240px
I live in NOVA and have been going to Katsucon almost every year a while, but it kind of dawned on me recently that I don't even watch anime and know jack shit about the things being presented there.

I've been hesitant to try MAGFest for personal reasons, but I want to give it a shot. What is the cosplay scene like? Is it big like Katsucon? I've heard it's a better con in general, is that true?

Also general MAGFest thread since it's in 2 months?
>>
>>8758357
Well given the fact that all cons tend to have their own threads, this shouldn't be surprising.
>>
>>8758354
Hi anon! I used to live in NoVA too before leaving for college (but im home for winter break now)
Magfest has an older crowd, is smaller, and focuses more in music and western media.
>>
>>8758354
Cosplay scene is pretty quiet, though it's been picking up in the past few years. A lot of cosplayers have been coming out to take advantage of the Gaylord without the crowds of Katsucon. It's definitely a different feeling all around. Katsucon is very much a Cosplay Showcase convention.MAG is more relaxed and focused on party aspects of the convention, as well as music and video games. They are completely different experiences and I personally prefer MAG. There is just a lot more to see and do all around. I usually don't even cosplay past the morning for any photoshoots.
>>
Don't go to magfest for the cosplay
>>
I wonder how being back to back (well, weekend to weekend) with Katsu will affect attendance.
>>
It's AssB's favorite con
>>
>>8760074
Why do people hate AshB so much?
>>
>>8758978
Seconding this.

>>8759015
There are 7.8k-ish badges sold so far (although that's counting staff badges) so attendance isn't being affected that much. The National Harbor hotels are all sold out and the satellite blocks have a good chunk taken out of them already. Katsu and MAG draw completely different crowds for the most part.
>>
>>8758354
Leaps and bounds better than katsucon
>>
I have been to magfest for 4 years now and it has changed a lot in the four years. More people cosplay now, but of course gaming is the big focus. There is the music aspect too. More women go now (not sure if you are one or not OP), but we are still out numbered. It's a huge party con and there will be no shortage of people drinking. I go for the music games, shoot em ups, and now the indie showcase. If you love games, go. If you are just going for cosplay, maybe try one day and see if the con works for you.
>>
I've been going to MAGfest for a long time now. I can't make it out this year because I recently had a baby, and I don't want to stick anyone with babysitting. I love it, though.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) There are a lot of furries, and a few of them are very defensive.
2) There's more cosplay now than there used to be, but it's not cosplay-focused.
3) Stay away from the Team Rocket cosplayers. Some of them are cool, but some of them get too into character and harass the shit out of others.
4) It's very much a party con. If drunken idiots ruin an experience for you, it's not going to be great for you after dark.
5) The musicians are, for the most part, very friendly and do a lot of mingling.
6) Wait until night time or sunday to play the arcade games.
>>
>>8762022
I hate drunken idiots so I'll probably just go to bed early or skip the hotel and commute in from home since I live 10 minutes away from the Gaylord.

In response to >>8761964 I am a guy so my friends and I won't have to worry about being outnumbered. And the whole reason I'd be attending is for the gaming aspect.

Congrats on your kid, by the way.
>>
>>8762243
I'm not the person you responded to, but this upcoming one will be my 5th time attending (I live in DC). If you're going for the games, I guarantee you're going to have an absolute blast whether you cosplay or not.
>>
What kinds of cosplays are usually seen there? Gaming, obviously, but would, say, love live be super out of place? (though technically a game)
>>
>>8762850
You'll see all kinds of cosplay, it's just a relatively noncosplayer to cosplayer ratio compared to something like Katsucon.
>>
>>8762850
Non-game cosplays will be kind of out of place, but honestly, no one will really give a shit about you. I saw two evangelion cosplayers walking around last year and they just kind of looked like tryhards.
>>
I love magfest because it's got a huge selection of games to play, the concerts are always good, and they also have lots of space for tabletop games.

Not to say that I'm not a total hopeless weeb, but it's refreshing to go to something that isn't focused on anime. It CAN become kind of a drunken shit-show for some people, but the venue is big for the amount of people, and they're easily avoidable.

I'm actually skipping Katsucon to go to Magfest. I can't be bothered to shell out that much money for two cons, hotels, food etc.
>>
File: greengold.jpg (90KB, 911x705px) Image search: [Google]
greengold.jpg
90KB, 911x705px
1449 is going to be in that bitch, it's their flagship con and they got the biggest suite.
>>
File: 1431387604178.jpg (36KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1431387604178.jpg
36KB, 500x281px
>>8763092
Do you really think anyone cares?
>>
>>8763627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibCFY9UcR_4
>>
>>8763655
...and? Who are these guys and why does it matter that they got a suite?
>>
>>8764262
They're just a group of desperate tryhard faggots who keep trying to promote their shitty parties on /cgl/.
>>
>>8763092
Jeez not you guys again. When will these fuckbois ever learn that we don't care.
>>
>>8763655
You forgot this one. They made this before coast guard-kun arrested them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nu_KyCcA1I
>>
File: 1431531796209.gif (1005KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1431531796209.gif
1005KB, 500x275px
>>8766034
This is so tryhard and embarrassing. Why do they think they're so cool attending a convention full of sweaty weeaboos and furries?

Also look at that slut at the beginning. They couldn't even find a girl who doesn't look stuffed full of cheeseburgers to dance in their shitty video. That says something.
>>
>>8766122
The best part is all those girls look so uninterested in being there, they just want it to be over so they can get their money. I never understood the appeal of going to cons purely just to drink and post about it online either. I mean really? These fuckboys aren't the only ones who do this, "oh hey i'm going to a con, and i'm having a room party and i'm drinking all weekend, you guys are losers hahaha!".
>>
>>8766034
"Shot by John Chea"

I lost it right there, i'm laughing so hard at how pathetically tryhard this is. LOL
>>
>>8766034
>>8763655
Has anyone here ever been to one of their parties?
>>
>>8768556
Nope don't want to. I'm sure they're great people to drink and party with, but they're legit scumbags and horrible people. I would prefer to drink with my actual friends and people I'd get along with while sober, instead of sucking up to and inflating some rich kids ego.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>8766034
>>
>>8766034
They seem like cool guys, and I know that most of the hate on them is from poorfags and landwhales...

...but that video is pretty lolworthy.
>>
>>8768585
They charge you $30 to drink with them lol. And all they do is just sit around and stare at their phone's the whole time.
>>
>>8768618
Yep. Only poorfags and landwhales could possibly be put off by a bunch of drunk beta niggers who think attending anime autism fests is something to brag about, while they try to self promote on /cgl/ as a desperate attempt to get women to notice them. Alright anon. Let's not even pay attention to the fact that this board is centered around two expensive hobbies that most people can't afford. Ever wonder why so many people beg for donations just to cosplay? I'm not even sure how our weight plays into this.

Nobody cares about you or your autism support group. Get over it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450377588553.jpg (60KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450377588553.jpg
60KB, 1080x720px
Lel.
>>
File: DSCF1295.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1295.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
Been attending since Magfest 6... If you are going to wear a cosplay for fuck sake please make it game related. If you do an obscure game the better. I love talking with cosplayers who do that and know the character they're doing. There was an amazing group doing Suikoden last year and a couple doing Star Ocean. I've fixed a few outfits for Touhou groups and being a person who has a hard time dealing with furries find that most of the ones that attend MAG aren't too asinine.

Last years cosplay roast was shit(DC cosplayers judge tryhards) but I'm hopeful this years will be better.

Also, if you're going to photo shoot could you perhaps let the photographer know you don't want to block the hotel room walk ways. I will fucking rage hard on assholes who do that shit next year I swear to fucking christ I will grab as many hotel employees or con security I can to stop that shit. It was so fucking bad last year I got into multiple fucking arguments with cosplayers doing shoots because I was walking to my goddamn fucking room.

Fucking Asshats.
>>
File: DSC01063.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01063.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
Been attending the past couple years. It's really very gaming and music-focused, not so much on the cosplay, but there's more than enough cosplay to take in.

Pic related. The Megas were rad as hell last year. First time I've seen a Pharaoh Man cosplay. (Most of the Robot Masters were female, which was interesting.)
>>
File: 097.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
097.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>8770422
I always love trying to guess obscure cosplays. I went with my son as Uncle Sensei and Markman from Divekick. Pic related are characters from Dance Central I ran into 2 years ago.
>>
>>8768825
This
>>
>>8768825
>>8771799
You guys seem quite mad. I'm going to let you continue with your mad. Have fun with it.
>>
>>8771536
About 1/5th of me is in this picture. My boyfriend and his friend are doing Pharaoh Man and Ring Man at some point, the plan was to have a MM4 group. Of course this year their cosplays will actually be finished in time, and this year I can't go.
>>
Magfest tends to have a lot of closet cosplay.
You'll definitely see a lot of Ness' running around.
>>
>>8771971
Keep tryharding dude, no one is impressed with the fact you drink at con's. Which is something everyone else does. *eyerolls*
>>
File: image.gif (988KB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
988KB, 500x222px
>>8771971
Same to you
>>
>>8760288
Who the fuck is AshB?
>>
Prepare for the Undertale cosplay

>game con
>"easy" cosplay
>game with lots of killer music
>indie

It's got magfest written all over it
>>
>>8774999
Yeah, it does. But whatever, magfest isn't a cosplay con anyway.
>>
>>8774747
AssB
>>
Is that you Al? Who fucking cares if it's "not a cosplay convention". If people want to cosplay at Magfest they'll cosplay at Magfest, it's not harming anyone except you autistic neckbeards.
>>
File: banana phone.jpg (26KB, 240x159px) Image search: [Google]
banana phone.jpg
26KB, 240x159px
>>8774999
a lot of the remixers have been losing their shit over the game music so I fully expect a slew of remix release to be made at the con

also the only room party worth going to is the lumberjacks and they've been cracking down on the invite only for that shit.

>>8776004
not knowing the history of drama concerning cosplay at magfest or witnessing in person cosplayers drunken screaming at con workers about not having a cosplay contest.
>fuck these asshats lets have an contest in a closed off area of hotel and yell at the hotel staff when the make up leave and smear pizza everywhere.

really the cosplayers should just be fucking glad they decided that trying to ban it was more trouble than it's worth.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 442x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 442x464px
>>8776176
>not knowing the history of drama concerning cosplay at magfest or witnessing in person cosplayers drunken screaming at con workers about not having a cosplay contest.
Jesus, did that really happen?

If I go to Magfest I'd want to cosplay, just so I'd have a place to wear my shit other than in the general public (bad idea) or an anime con. I'd hate to be lumped in with a bunch of entitled asshole cosplayers though.

>Seriously, what is the appeal of contests anyway? Just fueling attention-seeking egos?
>>
>>8776195
>not knowing the history
Right, because every con has a fucking historian/archivist to documents all the shitty con drama or that one time a bunch of retards got drunk and started shouting at people.
>>
>>8776200
Did you mean to reply to me or the other anon? I was just asking if that really happened or not.
>>
>>8776004
If fucking cosplayers ruin Magfest it will be the worst. I love being able to walk around without seeing entitled tryhard cosplay everywhere. There's a time and place for that, and that's Katsucon.
>>
>>8776672
lol wtf are you doing on a cosplay board if you hate cosplay? no one cares about your whiny feelings
>>
>>8773655
>>8772696
This bitch is trying to gather people in the Katsucon thread now.
>>
>>8776205
Then I totally misinterpreted your greentext and I apologize.
>>
>>8776760
Obviously you do if you felt the need to reply. I DO cosplay and that's why I feel this way. MAG just isn't a cosplay-centric event and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>8776195
It's the reason that the cosplay roast was put together.

Cosplay isn't like that anymore but there is still many of the older goes that do give cosplayers a side eye and shit at times.

>>8776200
>omg why you talk about con horror stories in a thread related to the con!
>nobody ever posts drama on this board!
>chanarchive is a myth! so is ED!

sheltered much?
>>
>>8776904
Lol what? XD Link?
>>
>>8776998
Then as a cosplay we can you explain how it would ruin magfest? The halls aren't small enough to get blocked and magfest is smart enough not to take up panel space with "celebrity" cosplayers.
>>
>>8776998
Oh just shut up, if people want to cosplay let them cosplay. Stop being such an autistic fuckbag over it.
>>
>>8777407
Lol this. There's probably butthurt normalfags at Katsucon who feel the same way desu. But as a cosplayer, I couldn't give less of a flying fuck if someone is buttflustered over the fact that I'm wearing a costume whilst minding my own business. Bring on the cosplay, guys!

(If somebody is this easily bothered, they shouldn't leave their house.)
>>
>>8777396
>>8775538
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 448x473px
>>8776672
>>8776998
If some dude wants to walk around in a Link costume or something else game-related and isn't being an asshole or bothering anyone, and is just there to enjoy the con like you are, why does it matter? It seems like you're the fun-killer here.
>>
>>8777405
>>8777407
That's not the cosplay I'm talking about. In moderation it's fine. But I see more and more non-video game costumes each year with girls walking around half-naked. Fine, dress as Pikachu, Link, whatever, but I'm quite tired of seeing flavor of the month anime that don't even have a video game, at a video game festival that you quite clearly only wore for attention.
>>
>>8777509
To be fair, us videogame cosplayers have shit up their conventions too, as well as every other genre.
>>
>>8777525
It's a festival not a convention.
>>
>>8777631
Holy shit it's the same thing.

>>8777509
People cosplay comic and video game characters to anime conventions, so what makes MAGfest so holy that people can't cosplay anime? Get over yourselves.

It's people in costumes, fun sucker. Chill out.
>>
>>8777438
Is this a Luigi cosplay?
>>
>>8777680

:)
>>
>>8777631
Conventions, festivals, expos...they all fall under the same umbrella.
>>
>>8777680
Kek
>>
>>8777631
I guess that means people shouldn't be allowed to dress up for Renaissance festivals, either? Because being called a "festival" somehow means costumes are not allowed, according to you.

>>8777509
>"In moderation it's fine. But I see more and more non-video game costumes each year with girls walking around half-naked"
>implying half naked girls is a bad thing
You're either gay or a jealous whale.
>>
Can anyone compare Katsucon party con status to Magfest party con?

I haven't been to either, and I'm debating which to go to.

If anyone wants a fun party con, I CAN recommend DragonCon and give many details.
<3
>>
>>8763092
Green Gold Suite isn't the biggest one. That title would go to the Cinnamon Suite, which also includes it's own private outdoor patio area, gas fireplace, canopy-covered hot tub, and is in the dead center of the Gaylord.

Try harder, 1449.

Oh, and MAGFeststaff will be all over your ass trying to charge to get into your party. Against the law in Maryland, unless you can somehow magically get a pour license for a hotel room. ;)
>>
>>8784591
Where on the website can you reserve these? I looked and it only shows the standard king/doubles.
>>
>>8785075
You had to already have a room and then upgrade to a suite. Then the hotel department went through the suite applications and decided who to award these upgrades to.
>>
>>8784591
It's coastguard-kun all over again! They also snuck a keg into their room last year, and they'll do it again staff-kun!
>>
>>8785613
Not coastguard-kun, but I heard about that. Funny stuff.

Hilarious bullshit gets turned into Legends at MAGFest, like the Great Flour "Antiquing" of MAGFest 4. Illegal shit like a cover charge to get into a room party won't fly, and will promptly be dealt with, and forgotten. ;)
>>
>>8776176
Hah hah, is that the banana phone from MAGFest 9?
>>
>>8785921
What's the story about the guy who died on Sunday this year?
>>
>>8786170
Beats me. Even I can't keep up with everything that's going on at MAGFest now, in front, or behind the scenes.
>>
>>8786170
been wondering about that too, happened on the same floor my room was on...
>>
>>8786176
What did you see and hear? o.O
>>
>>8785921
MagfestStaff-kun confirmed, Coastguard-kun sequel.
>>
>>8784591
Why did you guys even give them an upgraded suite? Of all the people that applied the liaison gave it to the most obnoxious and unlikable group in the con scene known so far. That's some shit, if there's proof of a cover charge and party can't they be stripped of their reservation?
>>
>>8786353
Oh, that'll be changing in the future. Proof has been forwarded along to the right people.
>>
>>8786402
Here's more proof from this past Magfest, where they smuggled a fucking KEG into their room.
>>
>>8786499
They're definitely not the first to have a keg at a room party. That's been happening since MAGFest 3. Shit, they aren't even the first to do it at the Gaylord.
>>
File: MAGFestXGuinnessKeg.jpg (59KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
MAGFestXGuinnessKeg.jpg
59KB, 620x412px
>>8786499
In fact, here's a picture of a keg of Guinness at MAGFest X at a small hotel room party. Not 1449.
>>
>>8786598
Nice choice. So many Irish carbombs...
>>
>>8786604
There's been some top-tier home brewers bringing kegs of their own IPAs, stouts, etc. since about MAGFest 11.

>>8776176
>also the only room party worth going to is the lumberjacks and they've been cracking down on the invite only for that shit.

Truth. They don't fuck around. Managed to get an invite to their shindig for M12. At least 3 kegs with honest CO2 feed tap of some excellent homebrew beers. Also some of the coolest, most laid back and awesome people I've ever met at a convention.
>>
>>8786614
That sounds legendary.... I really hope they got an upgraded suite.
>>
>>8758354
Dear OP, I've been going to MAGFest since MAGFest 2. Seriously, just go. Yeah, cosplay is very relaxed, there's no cosplay contest (only a comedy roast), and the overall atmosphere is WAY more relaxed than any anime con out there.

Here, just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dkyt81OZ68
>>
>>8786499
That was bud light. I unfortunately paid the $30 dollar cover charge. All they fucking had was bud light, jagermeister and vodka. The only thing these guys make are screwdrivers and jagerbombs. They're really lame.
>>
>>8787673
Bud LIGHT?!? Fucking BUD LIGHT?

They should loose their suite on the premise of bringing a fucking keg of Bud Light.
>>
1449 is such a group of self loathing weebs who compensate for their lack of social skills by attempting to mimic what they think is normal society and end up acting like a bunch of loud mouthed bros. But MAGFest is way fun, my favorite event in the area. You always have something to do and the music is banging.
>>
>>8787673
>I unfortunately paid the $30
Why
>That was bud light
Port city or gtfo. If they're so rich they should be able to afford good beer, and PC is a local company located in NOVA nearby National Harbor so it's easy to get

Also fuck vodka. If they're gonna charge they need to get some good booze. Tequila and whiskey or fuck off. Vodka is only good when mixed into shit which I'm assuming they didn't even do
>>
>>8788519
Obviously they are trying to just make a profit by buying cheap shit, and charging to get in the room. I really hope magfest staff yanks that suite away from them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-10-24-34-1.png (425KB, 1304x2402px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-10-24-34-1.png
425KB, 1304x2402px
>>8788560
Here's more proof that they charge people to drink and party with them.
>>
>>8788600
If they actually had good booze I might've done it. Sleeping in a presidential suite would be nice, and enough alcohol would make it easy to tolerate a pack of autistic niggers.
>>
This is my first year going to Magfest and I've been following their twitter and sometimes put their twitch streamed meetings on the the background. I'm floored by how well organized this con is next to pretty much every other con I've ever dealt with.
>>
>>8785613
>>8786302
>>8786353
>>8786499
>>8788600
We thank you for all of the evidence and such.

>>8788618
We're really a LOT more disorganized than it looks. Somehow, things just work and we roll with it. Having programmed our own convention management software (MAGFest uber, available on GitHub), it makes corralling and herding MAGFest stuff a lot easier to manage.

Oh yeah, we fought the IRS, and won the argument "Are video games art?" with them, and became a full 501(c)(3) non-profit. Thanks Smithsonian!
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-13-09-18-1.png (721KB, 1440x2438px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-13-09-18-1.png
721KB, 1440x2438px
>>8788713
They claim they turned a profit as well they're lying that it was "only" $10 to drink with them.
>>
>>8788786
That kind of bullshit isn't tolerated in the House of MAGFest.
>>
>>8788713
Every con is going to be disorganized to some extent but I've seen so much bullshit ranging from college cons to major 20k+ attendance cons.

While you're here staff-kun what brand/distributor are the shirts? Trying to put some add-ons to my pre reg but can't pick a size
>>
>>8788922
Gildan, if I'm not mistaken. Not 100% sure, not my department.
>>
>>8788786
I find it extremely hard to believe there was at least 200 people (to break even) who would willingly pay a cover charge to drink with them. Nevermind the fact he's lying since the cover charge was 30 dollars.
>>
>>8790251
I dunno, their group has 1200k+ members.
>>
File: image.png (936KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
936KB, 750x1334px
>>8791727
Dropped pic
>>
>>8791731
Of course Maki would be a member.
>>
>>8791731
she's been a member since the dawn of time. good detective work, anon
>>
>>8793207
Why? Does she put out for them?
>>
MAGFest: one of the few conventions that has tribute/ode to videos made by people going to it, when the organization changes hotels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmOIFsoKJZ4
>>
I am curious, what is everyone's biggest draw to Magfest?
- Games (indie, tournaments, arcade titles, etc.)
-Music?
-Panels?
-Cosplay?
-Parties?

I can stay in the game room for the whole convention and still want more. It is my favorite thing about magfest, but I know it can be different for others. So tell me, what do you like about the convention?
>>
>>8786178
I was asleep so not much lol
2 friends that were staying in the same room popped out for a bit (maybe something like between 3-4am? I fell asleep between ~2-5am) and couldn't get back on our floor due to police blocking it off. When they finally could by telling them it was the floor their room was on, there were police or security in front of our room's door. They thought it was because of a noise complaint (lolroomparty), it was actually because we were on the same floor/corridor as the person that died. That was all they were told, and all I can remember offhand.
>>
Man, I wish I had thought about going to this con earlier. I'd love to go - but I doubt one person could find a roomshare now.
>>
>>8760288

because she's an obnoxious, race-baiting attention whore who takes mediocre photos.
>>
>>8759015

>tfw you're going to both
>tfw when you're staying in the gaylord for both
>>
>>8796978
I like the vendors, I'm friends with a few of the musicians, and I like the party atmosphere. I like the games a lot, too, but it's difficult to grab a machine in the arcade due to the crowd. So I just bring my 3DS and get a million street passes.

Cosplay used to be a primary draw to me, but I've come to like being able to go places without being stopped for pictures every two steps.
>>
>>8797696

>I've come to like being able to go places without being stopped for pictures every two steps.

i just worry that the con is blowing up and it'll turn into another train like like Katsu is these days (as far as crowds go)
>>
File: 1441516292314.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441516292314.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>8797666
>tfw you live 7 minutes away from the National Harbor
>tfw you live 30 minutes away from the Metro taking you right to the Walter E Washington Convention Center
>tfw Otakon is moving there in about a year
>tfw I get to use my money on convention swag instead of travel and lodging expense
Literally the only good thing about living in this shitty town
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-05-11-28-38-1.png (313KB, 1440x1575px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-05-11-28-38-1.png
313KB, 1440x1575px
Staff-kun what happened?
>>
I went once and yeah just go to bed early to avoid drunken idiots then wake up early and spend time in the arcade. I actually walked out of the showing of The FP because some loud idiots were sitting behind us and just wouldn't shut the fuck up. They were trying to do some riff trax thing, like yeah moron you're riffing on jokes.

>>8797747
I gotta ask how do you guys have the energy to follow these losers? They aren't a Robotron 2084 cabinet and they ain't a Iori Anal Doujin, I am pretty sure I'll have zero interest in them forever.
>>
>>8796978

Definitely first and foremost the community. I've made some lasting friendships there and met my current gf through a magfest event.

Secondly the arcade room at 3-4 AM. No line, most cabinets. Hell you can pretty much always find a free one while you wait for another to open up.

Lastly the big communal event I have for my band and staff buddies one day during the event when we share coffee in our friend's suite. It has gotten better every year so I'm hoping the trend continues.

I definitely see my share of concerts and panels, and they are always fantastic. But it's not my immediate draw. Most of the bands I can see other times of the year and/or at later magfest events.

For the record I've been going since MAGFest X.
>>
>>8797747
Let's just say they will NOT be getting the Green Gold suite... and it's been offered to an entirely different group. ;)
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 500x366px
>>8797958
>>
>>8797958
Someone needs to make a fanart of coastguard-kun and magfeststaff-kun!
>>
>>8798117
Fighting for your right to party... right.
>>
>>8797958
You are the hero MAGFest deserves.
>>
>>8798126
But not the one that Magfest needs right now.
>>
>>8798126
>>8798168

I'm no hero. Just keeping the true spirit of MAGFest alive.
>>
>>8798173
Magfeststaff-kun, what department do you work in? I'd love to buy you a drink at MAG.
>>
>>8798199
Thanks is enough. Anything else would be telling. ;)
>>
File: zpCMufM.png (70KB, 195x300px) Image search: [Google]
zpCMufM.png
70KB, 195x300px
>>8770422

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a requirement to make it game-related.

There were a lot of flavor of the month cosplays related to the guests (last year it was Steven Universe because we had Rebecca Sugar, this year it'll probably be Banjo for Grant Kirkhope) and a lot more casual/nerdy cosplayers in general. There was a lot of nerdier western shit, lot of Cartoon Network characters, Disney shit and nostalgic asspats. Fuckin' saw Timmy's Dad get stopped every 3 feet for pics.

My main impression seems to be that western dominance is at large and that tryhards are frowned upon.
>>
>>8798280
The voice actress of Chloe from LIS will be there this year, so I expect a lot of people will be cosplaying from LIS.
>>
>>8797751

Which year were people riffing on the FP? I went to an FP showing only once and that was my first Magfest three years ago.

The film sucked
>>
>>8798239
I won't tell if you won't. ;) Seriously, you're the best! You deserve thanks.
>>
>>8791727
It was just an example anon, I'm not going to bother to put research into this bs
>>
>>8797958

This is a wonderful abuse of power!

Just kidding, hoping it doesn't prove true. I don't care about 1449, but you don't ban proactive, that sets a very dangerous precedent. Needs to be after they do something, which they haven't at this time.
>>
>>8798339
E-mail says XI maybe they left or shut up eventually. We were staying a far drive out so we just mainly left because we wanted to go home and sleep.
>>
>>8798513
>Just kidding, hoping it doesn't prove true. I don't care about 1449, but you don't ban proactive, that sets a very dangerous precedent. Needs to be after they do something, which they haven't at this time.

It's not a message board, it's a hotel. If someone says "we are going to cause trouble and break the hotel's rules" sure you proactively ban them.
>>
>>8798516

That's a hotel/convention policy issue sure, but I'd definitely need to see the guidelines to determine whether or not it says external postings can be used to deny entry/rooms.
>>
>>8798517
groups or even people who trash rooms/are generally shitty/sketchy can be put on lists actually for this kind of thing. hotels reserve the right to refuse rooms so it's standard procedure to take tips from cons etc.
>>
>>8798522

Which is fine, but they have to actually DO that and get caught first.

Which it appears they have not as of yet.

But if they're caught, sure. Ban 'em. I can respect that decision.
>>
probably going by myself again this year anyone want to hang out with me =/
>>
File: tumblr_ntjkv0pP3R1tk9ghto5_400.png (186KB, 307x315px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntjkv0pP3R1tk9ghto5_400.png
186KB, 307x315px
>>8784591
>MAGFeststaff will be all over your ass

lmao the magfest staff are chill as fuck, half of them spend the whole weekend buzzed themselves. Try harder faggot.
>>
>>8798554
If I was positive I was going this year, I'd be your Magfest buddy ;_;
>>
>>8798280

Did Johnny Bravo last year and it went over really well. Also saw a few guys doing Game Grumps shit.
>>
>>8798554
Same. I'd hang out with you but I'm weird as fuck. And you sound weird as fuck. And if we met up we'd both probably be weird as fuck for a few minutes of awkward silence until one of us mercifully walks away without saying a word.
>>
>>8797747
>>8797958

What exactly is going on here? I've only been to Magfest once so I'm not up on the drama.
>>
>>8799016
>guys throw a party and a staffer find a reason to flex their muscles.
Nothing new conwise
>>
how strict is magfest on badges? Is it like katsu where you can basically run around without one?
>>
>>8800165
They will check for the game room. I am not sure for much else though.
>>
>>8800165
It's a lot stricter. Just buy a badge.
>>
>>8798644
Afraid not anymore. You have abused the gazebos benevolence. Now it is time to reap the souls of badge ghosters and drunken fuckbois
>>
>>8798644

the reason why gaylord room rates go up every single year is because of cancer like you acting like retards and ruining shit for the rest of us. kill yourself.
>>
>>8798644
>Tumblr filename
I'm sure you're the epitome of cool.
>>
>>8800233
Will I at least be able to walk around the hotel (not go to any events/etc) without one? I'm being forced to accompany a friend but I have no interest in gaming, so would prefer not to get one since I'd only use it to be able to walk around.
>>
>>8803921
why even go?
>>
>>8804840
>being forced to accompany a friend
>>
>>8800165
They check for the game room, vendor hall, and every concert. They're pretty vigilant about it.

>>8803921
But walking around the common areas of the hotel is fine.
>>
>>8804879
Stop being a pathetic baby and get a badge. There's no point in accompanying your friend if you can't even go the same places as them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-09-20-12-05-1.png (509KB, 1440x1814px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-09-20-12-05-1.png
509KB, 1440x1814px
>>
>>8805522
Can we just shut the fuck up about them already? Before they come in again and ruin the thread with their sperging.
>>
>>8805522
>>8805696
That is them. They got desperate for attention again. They made because Coast Guard kun and staff Kung shut them down twice now.
>>
Do any of you ronery Magfest cosplayers want to put together a cosplay gathering?
>>
File: success is great.jpg (15KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
success is great.jpg
15KB, 325x244px
>>8806282
Alright I guess we could starve them of attention from this point on. We got Staff-kun to shut them down, our deed is done.

Now, back on the topic of MAGFest. :^)
>>
Might be going this year and last year was my first MAGfest. Like everyone said in the thread, it's a big party really and tons of drunk people but I don't mind that part at all. Some drama went down with my group of friends and made me hesitant to go this year but once you go, you gotta make another MAGfest.
>>
>>8805158

^ that basically. If you're just walking through the main halls and all that shit, that's chill. Otherwise you're not gonna be able to get into any panels or any big MAG-run events or anything.
>>
>>8806843
No.
>>
>>8806939
Calm your butthurt,
>>
>>8805158
>>8806931

Spot on. No badge means no getting into Panel Rooms, LAN Room, Console/Arcade Room, Concerts, Tabletop, LARP, Vendor Area, etc.
>>
I asked my friends if we can make a music video about how we have money, party and drink at cons. They all said no and told me it was retarded. ;_;
>>
>>8806282
I've been attending MAGFest since 2008. The cosplay presence did not really grew substantially until MAGFest 2013. MAGFest 2012 was the first one that was held at the Gaylord. If you come to MAGFest you don't need to cosplay, but if you have to cosplay, at least make it vidya related.

Otherwise be prepared for the fact that it's a Festival not a convention, and most MAGFesters (like gamers on the weekend) become nocturnal for three to four days. So you will not see much attendees during the daytime as in the night.
>>
>>8807212
Shit, this post was meant for >>8758354

Sup MAGFest/Katsucon Gazebo. How's your rest going?
>>
>>8807212
And then there's this autist.
>>
>>8807215
Katsucon gazebo is a separate entity. Do not associate me with that lower being.
>>
>>8806843
I want to do a Fire Emblem gathering! But i'm really motivated to cosplay Ryuko now to piss off the autistic neckbeards.
>>
>>8806282
Whenever I think of Boatakon I think of this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uf1g6N4sKY
>>
File: Melee_hell_original_big.png (97KB, 699x234px) Image search: [Google]
Melee_hell_original_big.png
97KB, 699x234px
Melee Hell will be there in force.
>>
Anyone want to go into details what happened with the whole Boatakon thing? I have the gist of it, but the more details the lulzier it gets.
>>
I hear some group is bringing like 8 crt's so they can play Melee in their suite. That's dedication.
>>
>>8806282
Ok
>>
>>8807840
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/8429363#p8442567
>>
I'm seriously debating going to MAG this year. I went back in 2013 and I fucking loved it.

I fly free so that's no an issue. I just need to figure out which of my friends are going and who would have floor space for me.
>>
I don't know if they are withholding the names of some musical guests or what but this years musical line up is looking like ass so far.
>>
>>8810543
I heard they're trying to work out a deal to get Taylor Swift.
>>
>>8812216
pls no
>>
>>8812216
They should have 1449 as music guests. They were killing it in their music video.
>>
>>8812792
pls no
>>
>>8812662
You got something against Tay Tay, you shitlord?
>>
>>8813049
Her music is bad and she seems like a cunt. All her popular songs are just her whining about the guys who dumped her. It's annoying.
>>
>>8812216
Magfest is not and never will ask Taylor Swift to attend, in case anyone is taking anon seriously.
>>
>>8813100
Secret is out of the bag. No need to hide the surprise anymore. Just give her the goddamn chocolate truffles in her room that she's asking for and make it official already.
>>
>>8812216
>>8812792
Taylor Swift/1449 collaboration album when?
>>
>>8813123
In their dreams.
>>
>>8813115
I'd rather have Miley Cyrus desu. At least that way we'd have comedy rather than some whiny bitch.
>>
>>8808506
Lmao, both sides need to grow up.
>>
>>8805522
I can't wait until these guys become a meme. Maybe if they keep it up they'll have an ED page.
>>
>>8813089
but she's whining about katy perry too now!
she'd prolly do better at a mainstream con, vapid cosplay sluts can relate.
>>
>>8814449
Lol look at your post number.

Somebody should make an ED page about them now. I'd volunteer since I'm still on break but I don't know that much about them.
>>
>>8814558
>ED page about them now
Working on it.
>>
>>8815425
Fucking don't. You'll only legitimize them.
>>
>>8815430
I think it would be good to have something to refer people to instead of having a bunch of newfags screaming "but what did they doooooo" and having the whole thread derail into a big discussion about them.
>>
If I let 1449 run a train on me, do you guys think they'd buy me some burandu?
>>
>>8815675
Nope, they spend their allowance on cheap liqour.
>>
>>8815675
They only like obese women, as revealed in the since-deleted Katsucon thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 960x640px
Just don't be like me and act like its a Katsucon replacement and bring 7 cosplays
>>
>>8774747
Ashly Burch im assuming
>>
>>8815425
They already have a lolcow thread. lolcow dot farm /snow/res/80562
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>8815891
Wrong.
>>
I've worked the last 3 MAGFests. I'm not doing it this year. Too much shit. A LOT of harassment for being female. The weird fetishists mixing with families is just off putting. The thing that decided it for me was the bitch walking around in a full diaper and fishnets. 10am and the smell was overwhelming.
>>
>>8815675
That's a strange way of funding lolita...

Also no because I'm pretty sure they find their shit by living with their parents
>>
>>8818347
Tell us some horror stories. For prosperity.
>>
>>8819091
The line for Jontron wrapped around my booth. The autism was unbearable. Screaming, potatoes dancing, weird tit rubbing....
I loved the guy who asked me if my wedding ring was part of my cosplay. when I told him it was from my husband, he turned around and walked away mid-sentence.
Or the Link who kept coming over an inviting me to his show and asking if I could come alone. His Zelda came and removed him, but the rest of the weekend he kept coming back to the booth, asking my coworkers were I was, when I was coming back and what room I was staying in.

2 years ago I accidently stumbled on 2 furries wet-humping in a racing simulator. Smelled like a sewer drain.
>>
>>8820484
My favorite personal MAG cringe moment was when an enormous man in furry ears and a game character hat (can't remember, but I think it was Luigi's) said "hubba hubba" to me.

My second favorite is when I was walking with a friend, and he said, "There are a lot of furries this year." Two chubby manlets in ears, tails, and graphic tees immediatly started following us.

One asked, "You have a problem with furries?"

My friend replied with, "No, there are just a lot this year."

"Because we're furries."

"Okay. Good for you."

They followed us for another ten feet or so, looking really unsure of themselves, then shuffled off uncomfortably.
>>
You were too gangster for them, anon. Good job.
>>
>>8816785
who??
>>
>>8820566
AshB
>>
>>8821207
Is she pretty a female a Black Luigi?
>>
>>8786499
>>8786598

This is why the Gaylord keeps increasing their room rates for Katsucon weekend. I'm all for sneaking in booze at cons but this type of reckless disregard for common courtesy comes back to bite all of us in the end. No sir, I don't like it.
>>
>>8821328
She's a cosplay photographer. Look her up.

>>8821337
What is increasing room rates going to do about people bringing alcohol?
>>
>>8820484

>His Zelda came and removed him

i dunno why but this made me laugh
>>
>>8821342

>What is increasing room rates going to do about people bringing alcohol?

I don't know if you know this but people tend to damage things when they're completely inebriated. Rip down curtains, vomit on the carpet, put holes in walls. Those things cost money.
>>
>>8821346
True.

I don't understand why people like getting that drunk. What's fun about vomiting and feeling like ass for the next 24 hours...
>>
>>8821348
This, why get black out and wasted at an event as well? It's cool to party and such, but there's a certain point where it's too much and you miss out.
>>
>>8820531
This made me chuckle! Can you imagine what would have happened if you said, "yeah, I do have a problem with furries?." The awkwardness and compulsion to announce the obvious, I'll never understand it.

>>8821343
The look on her face made me laugh, too. I'm sure the guy had some med-high functioning autism; she looked exasperated, like, "I let you wander the game room for 15 minutes and you go and start bugging women again." But as nice as he seemed, it was hellacreepy that he kept asking me to come to his show alone and then pestering my coworkers for my room number.
>>
>>8798529
They've posted evidence of doing it before and are publically planning to do it again.(collecting payment = contract to provide services advertised = intent to break rules).

So they can be banned for getting caught (by their own public admission) for previous violations, or conspiracy to commit violations this year. On top of that, it's a private con, at a hotel with a reputation for providing top-notch security. They banned a lot of people last year over the gamergate bullshit. This is a much stronger case than that.
>>
>>8821535
Why ban them when you can catch them red handed and get them arrested instead? A night in jail is a lot funnier than taking preventive action.
>>
>>8822147
Liability? Jeopardizing relationship with the venue?
>>
>>8822160
A sacrifice for the greater good.
>>
>>8822147
Pass that suite onto someone who actually would use it for better purposes. I'd rather the lumberjacks have it instead of those fuckboys for one night and then have it sit unoccupied for the rest of the weekend.
>>
File: blackluigi13.jpg (26KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
blackluigi13.jpg
26KB, 400x460px
>>8824062
>>
>>8824847
Someone's butt-hurt they didn't discover MAGFest until #4
>>
>>8824919
Heck, I'm butt-mad I didn't discover magfest until 12.
>>
>>8824924
i've met a lot of the lumberjacks, and these guys are down to earth. a lot of them make sacrifices each year, just to keep going. health issues, money, one of theme even lost his girlfriend because she made him choose between MAGFest or her.

i know for a fact the "lumberjack lounge" this year won't exist, because they got tired of dealing with random people trying to get into their room. something else, maybe. Who knows?

besides, 1449 doesn't have shit on the Shizzies in terms of "crazy party people" Saw them try to steal a water bottle at MAGFest 6 with a duct tape lasso from an upper balcony.
>>
>>8824935
Femanon here, any girl who makes you choose between her and an event is not girlfriend material. Good for him, that's bitchy of her.
>>
>>8821535
>They banned a lot of people last year over the gamergate bullshit.

What exactly happened?
>>
File: MAGUnderground.png (768KB, 640x989px) Image search: [Google]
MAGUnderground.png
768KB, 640x989px
Why settle for just a hotel suite to hold your room party, when you can get panel room space from MAGFest to run your own concert series?

Your move, 1449.
>>
>>8826350
They've shown that they don't care about the actual con. They just want an excuse to drink/party.
>>
>>8821346
Dragoncon has hotels that go for $600+ per night and (Marriott rack rate) those rooms still get rekt.
>>
>>8824948
They both seem retarded.

On one hand, you have a selfish bitch who doesn't want her boyfriend having fun for whatever reason. Then you have a retard boyfriend who loves MAGFest more than his girlfriend.
>>
Dude what the fuck!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v42wUfrbBY
>>
>>8828938
There are a lot more potential girlfriends out there then there are MAGFests.
>>
>>8824948
>>8828938
Depends on the situation. If I had a big deal going on around the same time as a con and I needed my boyfriend around, I'd be pretty pissed if he chose the con over me. Like if I were going into surgery, or a close friend/family member was hospitalized and I needed emotional support. Something big would have to be going down, but I can see there being situations where he'd be the asshole for going to a convention/fest/whatever.

If it's a minor thing and she's just being controlling, though, fuck her.
>>
>>8829704
Not for long. They're really overdoing it with the mini-MAGs and the spinoffs. It's starting to feel a lot less special.
>>
Are there single-day passes for MAG at all?
>>
>>8829758
Only sold at the door.
>>
>>8829703
We're looking for that guy's badge number. Security is gonna be keeping an eye out for him.
>>
>>8829781
How much do they tend to be?
>>
>>8829912
Thu: $40
Fri: $45
Sat: $45
Sun: $25
>>
>>8829915
Rad, thank you <3
>>
>>8829781
>>8829782
>>8829915
Just stop namefagging. You're pathetic and probably not even a member of staff. Literally everything you've said can be pieced together through google searches, social media, or you just pulled it out of your ass.

If you were a real staff member you'd know that posting on 4chan makes MAG look like they don't have their shit together and their staff members can just do whatever they want.

Just stop. You make MAG look bad.
>>
>>8830482
Oh, and inb4 other anons start replying to me defending this person because they supply the delicious dramu.

I wouldn't take anyone's word on an anonymous message board seriously. Rumors are rumors and they're not any more true because someone has "magfeststaff" in their self-given name and can answer a few questions that have already been answered 83738292 times on the MAGFest Facebook/Twitter.

Proof or GTFO.
>>
>>8830558
>>8829781
prove you're mag staff or gtfo
>>
Magfeststaff-kun is not staff. He is some fat Mexican guy that runs Derpy-con trying to be the bad ass coastguard-kun was.

That is all.
>>
>>8831284
Gonna need proof there.
>>
>>8831310
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
>>
Anyone doing any Fallout-related cosplay? More specifically, anyone going as something that IS NOT a Dweller from Vault 101 or Vault 111?
>>
Any plans for a seagulls meetup?
>>
>>8835086
Where does /cgl/ usually meet up at the Gaylord?
>>
How many of you guys are going to MAGfest? I'm going to be cosplaying as Chains, and some company during the down time would be pretty fun. I'm a NOVA native and I live nearby so I'd just be metro commuting over and back, probably.
>>
>>8830482
>Having somebody answering basic questions and making information accessible is bad!
I can tell you who's making MAG look bad, and it's not him.
>>
>>8835086
>>8835453
I'd be down to meet up at some point.
>>
>>8835086
We're planning to meet up with the 1449 guys in their room.
>>
>>8835086
>>8835453
Also down to meetup
>>
>>8837926
>1449
Anon please.
>>8837948
Legit. Ill be there a few hours early day one since im a NOVA local. We could plan a meetup at a food shack nearby?
>>
Magfest rejected my Melee Hell and Dank memes panel. Fuck
>>
>>8835839
>>8837948
>>8838054
>>8835086
I'd meet up with you guys if it weren't for the fact that you all are salty cunts.
>>
>>8838234
And we'd be down to meet you too if you weren't some salty tryhard nigger.
>>
File: 1452733777164.gif (445KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1452733777164.gif
445KB, 250x188px
>>8838234
>>8838261
This tsundere front is getting pretty s-silly, huh.
>>
>>8838261
>nigger
Bitch I'm white.

Unlike you who is probably some piss skin azn.
>>
This is getting real tryhard, boys
>>
>>8838279
What are you trying to accomplish by having a pissing match on 4chan? This is probably the most pathetically desperate and autistic thing possible. Go run off to your little group where there's enough people who suck up to you.
>>
>>8825695
I don't even think that's true at all from what I understand?? MAG mostly tried to stay out of Gamergate, altho there were minor dramz regarding guest choices, it had partly to do with budget and youtubes as well (Which doesn't make much more sense than gamergate dramz either, but whatever)
>>
>>8840101
Ignore the troll.
>>
>>8840616
If you have the wrong stance on gamergate MAGFest won't let you be a speaker. From what I have heard they treat their speakers like shit so it's not that big of a loss.
>>
File: 1449727929315.jpg (212KB, 702x744px) Image search: [Google]
1449727929315.jpg
212KB, 702x744px
>>8841832
C-Can I party with you?
>>
>>8841784
This isn't really the kind of question to ask in a con thread.

>>8838054
A good place would probably be in the corner of the convention area by the river with the big windows? It's pretty quiet over there and there aren't as many crowds.
>>
>>8842519
Like the back entrance? I'd personally prefer somewhere in the convention just because I don't know the area, and get lost easily.
>>
>>8842658
>>8842519
Thats not a bad place, but I think an actual destination would work better so the non locals don't get lost. Somewhere that you can type into Google maps or whatever.
>>
>>8842658
Main floor, above the back entrance.

>>8842707
Leaving the Gaylord? Lol nope. The convention center is easy to navigate if you're not a complete retard, in which case you're not welcome.
>>
>>8842873
I meant one of the dozens of restaurants around the Gaylord, but yeah you make a good point.
>>
>>8842879
Everything is too far. Meeting up in a less crowded area of the Gaylord is our best bet.
>>
Awww shit, it's schedule time

http://schedule.magfest.org/
>>
>>8846195
All those cosplay panels ayy
>>
>>8845906
Sounds like a plan. The back entrance sounds good, or we can find a small spot post check? I personally need to get an Airsoft tagged, but I will just show up early.
>>
>>8846195

>all this shit I still don't care about

Does anybody else just go to socialize? Most of the industry stuff I can't be bothered to follow because when I'm not playing vidya I'm doing other hobbies (and that's not even mentioning how most of it's been poisoned by tumblr types).
>>
>>8847757
I tend to go just to buy stuff and meet up with gulls.
>>
>>8847757
I go to meet up with a community I regularly meet at most big cons, then we drink beer and play games. I usually meet a few new faces here and there.
>>
>>8848659
Seems fun. They got a name?
>>
>>8848690
Yeah they called themselves 1449, chill guys.
>>
>>8842519
I like that idea, of the corner with the windows. Sounds like a good plan to me.
>>
>>8848764
1449 didn't invent drinking at cons.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 445x644px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 445x644px
>>8848764
You're embarrassing yourself at this point, friend.
>>
>>8849349
Ok all we need now is to figure out which day and what time so we can include it in the OP when this thread sages.

The Katsu anons are doing Friday @ 8:30pm. Does that work for you guys? We could go out for drinks after maybe if we're all 21+.
>>
>>8849371
Negative for me, I'll be participating in the MAGFest Grand Championship during that time.
>>
>>8849371
>>8849412
We could do some pre gaming?
Opening day at let's say 1pm? Or at like 10pm.
>>
>>8849421
I like 10pm personally.
>>
>>8849469
It allows for a full day of stuff then escape to drinking and usual degeneracy. Im in.
>>
first time going to MAGfest, what can/should i expect?
>>
>>8849528
You should have read the thread before posting, Jesus. Everything has already been explained to the thread OP.
>>
>>8849531
thanks pal
>>
>>8849485
Alright it's settled. Friday at 10pm in the corner of the convention area by the big windows, main floor above the back entrance. One of us should make a sign or something lol.

Any oppositions? Speak now or suffer.
>>
>>8847757
I don't care about most of this shit, but I like Matt and Woolie from best friends, so I'll be hitting up that panel.
>>
File: falcomainhistorymonth.jpg (35KB, 940x355px) Image search: [Google]
falcomainhistorymonth.jpg
35KB, 940x355px
#FalcoMainHistoryMonth is apparently a thing in the Melee community. Is Black Luigi going to bitch about that one as well?
>>
>>8849535
Sounds good to me.
>>
A little heads up if you plan on drinking: There won't be age wristbands this year, so you better carry your ID with you, and check other's ID before you give 'em a drink.
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.