[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 21

File: vlag.png (13KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
vlag.png
13KB, 2000x1333px
>>
Starting off with a question;
what does /cgl/ think of The sushi times? Love it, hate it?
>>
>>8740881
I've always found it rather...annoying...not sure why. But I must admit most articles are well written.
>>
>>8740881
I like it, though the typos are annoying.

who else is going to the summer tales teaparty?
>>
Did anyone go to Animeres 2nd anniversary party?
>>
>>8740881
I like it, they have varied content and I think they write pretty well. I love their convention calendar and come back to it any time I need to know what's coming up. One thing that annoys me to no end, though, is their usage of smileys. It just makes it look so unprofessional... ;)

Anyone know why the previous thread got deleted?
>>
>>8740881
I like the Sushi Times. I think it's nice there is a website about Japan/Manga/Anime in Dutch. They write about interesting things and their convention calendar/Japan related calendar is useful.

>>8740893
I'm going to the Summer Tales boutique tea party and I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait to see their new collection.
>>
>>8740908
The last thread was more than a month old. Maybe it was deleted because of that.
>>
>>8740881
Their list of cons is handy, but I do find them a bit weeaboo-ish
>>
Wow, this thread is certainly picking up steam.

How are all the Tsunacon artists faring? They've sent me a contract by now, so I assume I've been approved even though they never really confirmed it. Their communication really is abysmal. They only seem to read the first line of my e-mails, and never answer the questions I have.
But it's dirt cheap so I guess I haven't got a right to complain.

Any other conventions that artists are going to soon? I looked into DCC, but they're pricey. On the other hand, the crowd is huge compared to your average con, so it might be worth it.
>>
>>8740908
It was deleted? I though that we just maxed out.
>>
Is anyone going to osharecon? Was last time worth the money or nah?
>>
>>8744116
Nope, it was just below 300 replies and got deleted according to the archives.

>>8744181
It was fun the first time because it was new, and because it was a gettogether of people that don't normally have the opportunity to see each other. It definitely had a lot of stuff to improve on, which is to be expected of a first edition. But if they don't improve, I don't think it's worth going a second time. A lot of people are on the fence about going, including me.

>>8744182
kek
>>
>>8740881
They are ok. I don't read most of their articles but some are actually quite helpful.
>>
>>8744182
all these french flags on facebook, and you still get it wrong.
>>
>>8744182
Makes me wonder. How does the Dutch flag look like, according to you?

I'm betting my money on that he/she is going to say 'with a weed plant on it'.
>>
>>8740881
I think their articles are decent but goddamn I hate the name.

>>8744287
Orange with a pot-smoking gay-married hooker on a bycicle, maybe?
>>
>>8744292
*bicycle
hurrr
>>
>>8744316
Oh shit autocorrect fucked my post. So sorry
>>
>>8744181
Last time wasn't bad. It was okay for the first year. They need to improve many things and I hope they will improve it next year. I was there to meet friends, I wasn't expecting much. I've had a great time, because of my friends. And I think there is a possibility Oshare con will grow in something big.

I'm still not sure myself, especially because the cancellation of Oshare preparty. It depends on my friends, when they decide to go, I will probably go again next year.
>>
>>8744667
Anon fuck off and stop wasting precious posts. Trolling is one thing, but you're making me cringe with that horrible attempt.
>>
>>8744098
DCC is one huge drama when it comes to getting in contact with them. I tried to get a stand last year, but no success because of them never replying to my mails or on Facebook. I also tried it for a short while for this year, but the same thing and I just gave up.

I know some artists/dealers that went to it last year and the main problem I heard from them was that the vendor's area was so crowded at all times, people would barely look at the stands. Their sales were okay, but not as good as they hoped for the amount of visitors.
>>
Please don't let this thread get ruined by some failure of a troll...
>>
>>8747213
Well there's not a whole lot else going on in here, now is there?
>>
Let's go on to a different topic then.
Anyone planning to enter the big cosplay contests of Animecon here?
Last year the sign up started in december and the contests were full after only a few hours. This december is kind of busy for me so I hope I won't miss it.
>>
>>8747285
Is eurocosplay replaced by cwm in portugal?
>>
>>8744098
I got the form now but honestly I'm wondering if I still want to go.

I'd need to make a lot of new art and as of right now I can't get anyone to go with me and I'd rather not sit behind a table alone all day.
Also their communication is atrocious.
>>
>>8747401
You can't get a friend to join you? Not as an extra artist, just an extra... salesperson? If you do end up coming we can hang out during quieter moments, I guess.
I'm a little worried that hardly any artists are gonna come and the Artist "Alley" is gonna be like three tables. If that happens, a big part of the blame is on Tsunacon. Phooey.
>>
>>8747405
Nope, all students and we all live pretty far away from Tsunacon so it's hard to get anyone to give up their weekend just to help me sell stuff.

Also I'm just worried that I'll end up investing way more into it then I'll get out of it. So for now I figured it might be better to focus on setting up my online store rather then hope Dutch anime fans will actually start buying prints.
>>
>>8747340
honestly, I have no clue:

I know that only one prelim per country is allowed next year for EC so either Animecon or Abunai 'loose' their prelim but I really hoped the prelim would stay at Animecon as Abunai has the C4 prelim now.

I'm not too excited about CWM too be honest. I heard many bad things about that contest and the rules and judging are vague at best.
>>
So, is it just me or is the comic store Henk filled with bootlegs?
>>
>>8749381
They have a lot of bootleg indeed. There are some official figures, but the rest of the anime apartments is fake. All their western stuff is legit, though.
>>
Serious question, is Tsunacon even worth going to as an artist? I'm not particularly well known within the Dutch art community and I don't want to end up making tons of prints and some other stuff and not even break even.
>>
>>8750243
You could seriously wonder if ANY Dutch con is worth going to as an artist. It's just a really difficult market. But I think Tsunacon is a good first bet. It's got a pretty large crowd, tables are dirt cheap, and it's a one-day con so you don't need a ton of stock. Don't forget you can take leftover stock to a next con. If Tsunacon ends up disappointing, I think I'll try at Abunai, and if that sucks too, then at least I tried.
>>
File: netherlands.png (6KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
netherlands.png
6KB, 1280x853px
>>8744287
>>
File: luxembourg.jpg (19KB, 1024x615px) Image search: [Google]
luxembourg.jpg
19KB, 1024x615px
>>8744182
No that's the Luxemburg flag
>>
>>8750265
True, I really want to try it out but I just don't want to end up selling like shit and being alone at a table all day.

I guess it's just that the first con takes the most preparation since I don't have any stock or know what will sell. I just don't know if I'll be able to get it done within 2 months.
>>
>>8750302
That is the prinsenflag, we don't use that for a loooong time now
>>
File: nederland.png (9KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
nederland.png
9KB, 1280x853px
>>8750411
>>
>>8750185
Then why are they allowed to sell their stuff at conventions like Abunai... Don't they have a strict no bootleg policy?
>>
>>8750478
That's the old flag of South Africa.
>>
>>8750614
Most cons only have an anti-bootleg policy in name. But Henk sales most of their manga's and legal figures at conventions and not really their bootleg stuff.
>>
File: netherland.png (15KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
netherland.png
15KB, 1280x853px
>>8750651
>>
>>8750657
As someone "in the know", it is more than just in name. It is not uncommon that a dealer gets kicked out of a dealer rooms. Happened last Nishicon as well.
>>
>>8750614
Henk leaves (most) of his bootlegs at his store and takes (mainly) legit stuff to cons. That's why he doesn't get kicked out there.
>>
>>8750769
I said most, not all.
>>
>>8745726
Haha oh DCC, please get your shit together.

I signed up for their weird ass dealer system because I wanted to check specs and prices.
I got peeved the fuck out when I saw the artist table description though.
They e-mailed me with how they have tried to call me several times, but WHY IN THE WORLD would you call?! I was at my work, so can't pick up and I need to run the numbers at my own pace when ordering a table. And does this mean they called tens of people, wasting their own time and resources?

Artist table = € 100,- ex. BTW
* Tafel + Stoel
No info on size or anything. Why.
>>
So what do you guys think about the secret about Cat? I haven't heard from her for quite a long time... The secret feels a bit random
>>
>>8752857
I'm not going to excluded Cat as possible posters (Considering she did it before), but people jumped way to soon on Cat's back before thinking.
Rosalynn has a well known blog within the lolita community, so it isn't strange if a non-Dutch lolita was jealous about her fame.
There was also no privet information given. No real inside information, you could only know if you were in the Dutch comm.
All the pictures that where used were from her blog. Except for one which you could only see if you are Facebook friends with her (which Cat isn't, so if Cat was the original OP, someone else in Rosalynn friends list is agreeing).

So yeah, I think we should keep the possibility open that it's someone else and don't start a witch hunt until we have proof.
>>
>>8752949
We all know Cat is crazy though
>>
>>8752857
Honestly, I don't really care... It sucks for the girls who are being bullied though
>>
>>8752955
But it's always the butler who did it, and not the local village idiot.

But seriously though, we shouldn't jump on conclusions to soon, when there are a lot of possibilities open.
>>
>>8752857
She mistreated many lolitas in the community. Most of these girls are too afraid to say anything about this. She tries to involve anyone who doesn't agree with her and she sets up her friends against others. A few of my friends have bad experiences with her. Actually, I have some bad experiences with her myself. Just small things, though.

>>8752949
Maybe she didn't make these secrets, which is highly unlikely. Last years secrets and the years secrets about R are written and made in the same style. Even the same grammar mistakes were made. The picture which was used from her facebook is a tagged picture, so she would be able to see and use that picture. And it's easy to make a fake account. You probably won't believe me, there is proof. The lolitas who have proof will not make it public. And the mods won't ban her no matter what. She knows that.

Who says Cat didn't self post. It's easier to play the victim role then and to blame R or someone else.
>>
>>8752969
tagged pictures are only shown to friend of the poster and to friend of the tagged persons (unless the settings are on public of course). But a fake account could be. That's why you should always check who you add, people get warned for that enough.

But I really don't the afraid part. Everybody is against her now, so post the proof (post it here if you don't want to be the snitch) and she's socially dead. No reason to be afraid know, everybody would protect you as soon as they saw the evidence.
>>
I just saw a girl browse this thread in my class (joke smit amsterdam), just know you are cute! The chances of you reading this are small since you already left. But if you do, know you have a secret admirer... (what are the chances of us reading the same thread on the same time in the same room right, and me noticing it)
>>
some of the anti-Rosalyn comments on btb were written with much better grammar than Cat has ever written, so unless Cat has been faking her bad English the whole time theres at least one other person who hates Rosalyn...
just saying that bad grammar is much easier to fake then good grammar
>>
>>8752988
Wait...thats me.

Wow, this is the last place I expected another seagull (let along, indeed, in the same room). Totally didn't see that one coming hahaha.
>>
>>8753107
It's feels like these comments are written by the so called loli police.
>>
>>8753107
I'm pretty sure I remember Cat being English. That is why some people expected the earlier secrets were made by her since the grammar was so bad it seemed like it was meant to be a red herring.
>>
>>8753157
She is German, at least her mother is.
>>
>>8751951
Wtf, I just got the same e-mail. They never called me, though? Why are all Dutch cons so sketchy with their communication, I'm so confused?
>>
>>8753107
Shut up, cunt!
>>
So, both Serious Cosplay as Cosplay in Actie are going to collect money on 19 december for Serious Request. Am I the only one who thinks this will be problematic?
>>
>>8756961
Aren't both of these things run by weebs incapable of actually organising something. I remembered last year that Danicha girl kept spamming my and everyones facebook chats with advertisement for her stupid Serious Cosplay thing, and when I asked her what she was doing she had no clue besides just cosplayers gathering and taking pictures with normies. It was really annoying. But yeah, this whole cosplay charity thing just seems like more attentionwhoring instead of actual charity to me.
>>
So what's the Dutch comm like?
>>
>>8757017
Cosplay in Actie seams a little bit more organist and it was founded because of Danicha's horrible organizing in SC. Even though Danicha got kick out SC, I can imagine that both parties have bad blood against one other.
>>
Fffffuuuuckkkkk, I'm so fucking tired of the drama surrounding Cat. The community was so nice and quiet, almost peaceful after Leyla left. Why couldn't that last? Why are lolita communities doomed to revert to drama again and again?

>>8757287
see >>8756891
>>
>>8757287
To me it feels really fake.
>>
>>8757287
Large and kind of fractured. There is a core group of older/experienced girls who are for the most part pretty cool but good luck breaking into those established friend groups as a newbie. The younger weeb girls are super accepting as long as you are, too... which means that you either need to put up with a lot of obnoxious weeaboo squealing or be called a meaniepoo bully. Most of the regulars are somewhere in between these extremes, not particularly well dressed but not screaming weeaboos either. We're a large comm, you'll be sure to find someone you click with eventually.
>>
>>8758422
How come it feels fake? I haven't noticed that at all.
>>
>>8758469
I always feel judged and feel like I should 'behave'. They act nice, but I feel like they are secretly judging everyone by behaviour and appearance.
>>
>>8758500
But that's because they're almost all girls...
>>
The community is very nice if you just act normal. There are some people who really enjoy making drama.
>>
>>8758406
I knew Danicha would be incapable of keeping that thing together. When she begged me to join I said that I won't help her until she organised it better, and then she called me a cunt and blocked me on facebook lel.
>>
File: tumblr_m677k5ogMG1r37nrao1_500.png (223KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m677k5ogMG1r37nrao1_500.png
223KB, 500x375px
>>8752988
>>8753109
That's so cute! I hope we're seeing a love story unfold here.
I'm still shyly waiting for someone to notice me browsing /cgl/
>>
>>8758500
I don't know if you are talking about the cosplay comm or the lolita comm, but I don't know what you were expecting when joining a costume or fashion hobby. Appearances are all that it is about. I'm curious what part of having to behave bothers you as well.
>>
The lolita community is really nice here :)
>>
>>8752969
Hi secret poster, the other ones gave great advice. SO yes you are jumping to conclusions and pointing finger. Read what you write man "other people don't want to talk about it?" Well that is an easy way to not give proof. Your attempt to make others black is not going to work. Until somebody has real proof, the comm is not going to believe it.
>>
>>8753157
German and her English is not good.
>>
File: 1437505716305.gif (205KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1437505716305.gif
205KB, 500x281px
>>8758666
>make others black
You can't just translate every Dutch sentence to English, anon.
>>
>>8758443
Do you know if there is any way to get into contact with a mod if I don't have a Facebook profile?
>>
>>8758742
You can send a message to one of the mods.
>>
>>8758750
Forgot to say this. There is a email adres: [email protected]
>>
>>8758742
Anyone else having a déjà vu moment of a BTB post?
>>
>>8758752
Thanks, guess I'll shoot them an email soon.
>>
>>8758690
It sounds very racist in English, but not so much in Dutch.
>>
>>8758534
I can relate too much sadly, Not much people with same interests here :C
>>
>>8758690
>>8758856
To a English speaking person, it would sound more like they remembered the expression "to paint some black/paint a black picture of someone" wrong.
Which are the English equivalence of "iemand zwart maken".
>>
>>8758690
>commenting on bad translation instead of actual comment
okay dear, thanks for the laugh
>>
>>8759732
Are you just very easily amused or trying to seem #notbothered?
>>
I'm surprised nobody's talk about Anaclara, who just left the comm. Thought some seagulls would jump in joy.
>>
>>8760007
Considering she blocked a lot of people it isn't very surprising that people haven't really noticed. Anyway, good riddance.
>>
>>8760007
I didnt see anything about this. Why did she leave? I never seem to notice any drama in the dutch comm
>>
>>8758505
Please do something about your internalized misogyny
>>
>>8760020
Apparently we are all e-fame hungry privileged bitches. Considering she has been the one that spread most of the drama this year, I'd say good riddance.
>>
So I looked up her post on why she left. I'm surprised about how much activity she has allegedly seen considering she isn't very active. Barely anyone active in the comm is interested in E-fame and no one is fighting over it.

''The amount of people that I met that are not racist, classist or simply mean girls is miniscule.''

Honestly, I can barely think of anyone in the comm as awful as she describes us. I can only think of one person in the comm who is racist and no one likes her. I have barely seen her attend anything else than Osharecon and Cat's meets, so I'm really curious who she is talking about considering she hasn't even met most people.

She also describes lolita becoming a segregated fashion, but considering how easy it is now to buy quality second hand pieces or taobao there is even less of a divide between poorer and richer lolitas. The active Dutch comm we have now has no problem with people wearing bodyline or indiebrands.
>>
>>8760007
I know for a fact I'm jumping in joy. such annoying little shit
>>
I find her so hypocritical. She didn't give any shit about the secrets Rosalynn got but as soon as one of her friends got negative attention the entire comm suddenly endorses bullying. And the only reason her friend got that attention was because people suspected her of bullying...
>>
My fellow Dutchies: what's up with that Brazilian girl that keeps stirring the pot?
>>
File: d6f[1].jpg (28KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
d6f[1].jpg
28KB, 600x579px
>>8760255
>>
I dont understand any of this "drama" in the dutch lolita comm. To me it just seems 1 girl (who I've never met despite I go to 2-3 meets a year) who accuses admins and members of bullying without naming which admins and who got bullied, what happened etc. It makes me a bit distrustful especially if any admin is really involved but I don't want to accept this bullying elitist lolita stereotype without proof. Another thing, as far as I noticed there are very rarely Dutch lolita's posted on btb or cgl.
>>
>>8760513
She's just making stuff up, we're a pretty peacefull comm, not the elitist cancerous comm filled with e-fame hungry trash she makes us out to be.
>>
>>8760531
Yeah, were just a nice comm and she had to drag this negativity to the entire comm when it is obvious that this is about personal matters.
>>
>>8760531
Shouldn't the admins have done something before it escalate? Why do they just ignore it?
>>
>>8760556
They tried, but this girl won't even talk over PM with them. Everything needs to be on facebook, out in the open.
>>
>>8760560
Oh, I didn't know that. It just seemed odd to me because I thought they didn't defend themselve or clarified nothing happened
>>
>>8760586
They try to keep it quiet, but as said, she chucks everything on her (public) facebook and the mods can't exactly tell her not to post certain statuses on her personal page. I don't think anything's really happened though, it was just her kicking up dust and pretending to be the great and mighty savior of bullied lolitas.
>>
Are there any good dutch artists beside Loish that are worth following? I don't hear much about us dutchies in the art scene besides Cyarin, and honestly I don't get why she's so popular, her art is very underwelming and she comes of kinda rude on twitter.
>>
>>8760629
The good artists started getting real (art/design) jobs
>>
>>8760556
She blocked the majority of them because they asked what she was accusing them for.
>>
>>8760629
I know plenty from my internship, but they're all concept artists in the games industry, so more realistic stuff. On top of that they don't update regularly because they have an actual job. But if you're curious, take a look at Erik van Helvoirt, Luc de Haan, Michel Voogt, Jorry Rosman, Joseph Noel, Suzanne Helmigh, and of course Jesse van Dijk. They should all have an artstation or deviantart account. Even if they don't update often, they're worth checking out.
I can't help much outside of this corner of the Dutch art world, sorry. I'd be interested in finding out about more Dutch artists as well. Some of the people from Cheesecake Studios do good work, do they perhaps have their own art pages?
>>
>>8760513
>>8760052
I can't think of anyone so horrible as she describes "80% of the comm" nor do I see many dutch girls on btb or cgl. What a weird thing to make up. I wonder why there are so many people agreeing with her tough.
>>
>>8760769
Sorry for asking, but would you say that game art is a decent enough industry to get into as a dutch artist? I've been thinking of applying to HKU for it but I keep worrying that it'll never amount to anything.
>>
>>8761648
I don't think alot of people agree with her or believe her. Most people already knew she was trying to pit people against each other by spreading mean gossips and telling people she and her best friend Cat got 'bullied', for which she had 'evidence'. However, she is unable to show any of that 'evidence' or 'proof' of bullying and expects the admins to remove the people she's accusing from the community once and forever, based upon just her word.
>>
>>8760629
But most of us are, even though you might not be aware of it. Some of them have progressed quite far. For instance Marissa (Ward, ex openminded) and Aimee (Snippers, I think she used to be part of Cheese cake).
>>
>>8761674
Errrgh that's a really difficult question, I'm not sure I can answer it for you. There's so many freshly graduating gaming students, especially artists, that it's a really competitive market to get a job in. The Dutch market is small. The realistic stuff is as good as limited to Guerrilla, maybe Vanguard or Triumph. If you have a more toony style then you could be useful for a ton of smaller companies. It'll be difficult to get a steady job because small companies of like 6 people aren't going to hire a new artist just like that. But there is also the possibility of starting a company with fellow students/graduates. There's been a few successful student companies lately.
If you've considered going abroad, things should be easier. The Dutch games industry just isn't that big, especially compared to the amount of graduates we're pumping out. If you're willing to travel abroad, you should be fine.
Hope this helps somehow, anon. Are you considering a study related to games?
>>
>>8761899
Thanks for answering! You pretty much confirmed my biggest worry, which is my fear that the Dutch market is simply too small. I'd love to study game art or something similar abroad but I simply can't afford it.

I'll have a good hard look at the dutch market and see if I could fit in. I already know I'll have a hard time since my art is rather.. anime.. but it's not like I would draw in that for professional work. But it still makes it more difficult
>>
>>8761696
If anyone takes her weird rants seriously they've lost my respect. I'm glad she is gone. She even thought we were meant to dress like little girls, I can't believe she had any people who liked her in the first place.
>>
>>8761967
Oh you can still study in the Netherlands! But you could go abroad afterwards. Plenty of people I know interned abroad, as well. Even Germany, France and the UK have enough opportunities.
It's not the easiest path to take, but if you really want it, you should go for it!
>>
>>8761982
Thanks! I dragged myself doing something for 2 years I didn't have the passion for, but art is something i've always loved and game art fits even more perfectly.

I'll do some more research and start to work on a portfolio.
>>
>>8761967
if anything it's cheaper to study abroad. I'm studying in Barcelona for free lol and my room is 400 euro per month. Some of my friends pay way less than that.
>>
>>8761648
Don't think all of her friends agree though, they just tolerate and ignore her drama
>>
>>8764553
I based it on all the comments of random people on her posts. Along the lines of "I don't know what you're talking about but I believe you and support you".
>>
>>8764875
Yeah, I was really dissappointed by some people...
>>
>>8764875
Blind supporting is about the same to me as ignoring.
>>
Why is this Efteling bullshit coming up again? Why is it so hard for weebs to understand the basic logic of why an amusement park doesn't want to allow costumed people.
>>
>>8765255
Because our knight in shining armor just discovered, this injustice that was taken upon us cosplayers!!!

But seriously, it was a Emo wannabe cosplayer who started the page. It's one of those types who think they can pull down the system and has no knowledge about the real world.
>>
>>8760007
Which comm is this? I seem to miss all the drama.
>>
>>8760007
I am jumping in joy but considering she's blocked anyone who spoken out against her not that many people who despise her know about her leaving the comm.

>>8766889
Errr you're in the dutch thread so of course it's the dutch comm. She didn't post about it on the comm facebook page though, only on her own timeline.
>>
I asked my friend about the Efteling banning cosplay thing and she was confused and said she's been cosplaying at the Efteling every year for a while now and had never heard of any ban. Do they only ban certain costumes? My friend mostly wears traditional Japanese clothing-inspired stuff.
>>
>>8767102
They only ban "costumey" costumes. Like fancy dresses, princess dresses, suits, anything that doesn't vaguely look like every day wear. As long as your wig and costume are casual and you can't be mistaken for entertainers from the park you're fine. So lately some cosplay meets have been encouraging hipster versions of characters i.e.
>>
>>8767162
I wasn't really planning on cosplaying there myself, just wondering why my friend and her group haven't been kicked out when others apparently have. Are things like kimono and hakama considered less costumey in that context than long gowns and stuff? Idk
>>
>>8767326
Traditionele Japanse wear doesn't fit the (European) fairy tale theme the Efteling has, while fancy dresses and ballgowns do. So they get less likely kicked out.

But considering you said she wears inspired clothes. She probably looked to much like a snowflakey emo/alto kid, to be even considered an Efteling entertainer.
>>
>>8765255
page is gone now
good riddance
>>
>>8769114
What are you talking about? The page is still up. They even made 14 event.
>>
>>8769148
look up /EftelingMeeting/ with facebook in front of it and tell me that again
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-11-43-04.png (969KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-11-43-04.png
969KB, 1080x1920px
>>8769968
Yeah I did. Still exists.
>>
>>8770024
balls
hoped they had given up
oh well time to crack down on another piece of shit page
>>
>>8770024
Cospaying while visiting a themepark or anything else not convention/photoshoot related. Just seems really stupid to me. look at that photo, it looks retarded
>>
>>8770053
it is
and it's in the rules of the park that you cant enter in cosutme
so it has zero point to be organising this
>>
>>8770024
>all those Narutards
It's like I'm back in 2007
>>
>>8770063
Yes that too. But even if it would be allowed, why?!
I really hope they all end up going anyways and get denied access at the efteling.
>>
>>8770446
I would laugh so hard if their wigs come off in one of the Rollercoaster.
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>>8771500
> Nederlands

>fagooten
> kunnen afgeraken
>>
for all you northern-neighbours:

new convention in belgium: comic con brussels (19-20/3)

also, Facts will have a spring edition (2-3/4), antwerpconvention moves to 2-3/7

also Starcom convention: 10/7
>>
>>8771843
Because there are quite lot of Dutch cosplayers going to big Belgium conventions.
>>
>>8770045
Already making Americans look better. Keep up the good work.
>>
what's the worst weeb situation have you encountered/experienced at a con?

just curious, i am from NA and i wanted to find out if all weebs is the same anywhere
>>
>>8744198
Hi Chris
>>
>>8772603
Most of the weebs here are your typical fanboys and girls. The ones who squick at fanservice and kiss their senpai (read better cosplayers/artists/etc.) their ass.

But we got some real creepers as well.
>>
Im a lolita visiting amsterdam can you please recommend where I should visit?
>>
>>8773282
Do whatever you're interested in and make sure you can see it in the time periode of visiting. Google has all the information.

Also, do us locals a favour, don't rent a bicycle.
>>
I kinda feel like dutch photogs almost only do shoots with the same popular cosplayers over and over again.
I've made quite elaborate cosplays and even after winning a masquerade I've never had a photog that wanted to do a photoshoot or something with me. I kinda feel awful and cocky for thinking this but I get kinda salty when always seeing the same faces over and over again while I don't have a single pretty picture of my cosplays. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>8773715
Just ask. A lot are willing to shoot aslong as the cosplayer takes the initiative.
I believe one Dutch photographer charge tho.
>>
>>8772603
The worst I had was this foot fetish guy (forgot his nicname, lucky me).

He would take pictures of barefooted cosplayers or would ask normal cosplayer to take their shoes off. Afterwards he would upload the pictures to his DA where he only had foot-fetish followers and commenters. He's not welcome anymore at Animecon and Abunai, but still continues to visit every other con.

He used to bother me a lot and always ask for pictures and hugs. It didn't matter how much I refused both of those things, he would continue to ask every con for multiple years, but now it seems like he quit doing this stuff? In the last year or maybe even more I saw him walking alone a lot and talking to his plushies. I also don't see him photograph anymore. (We're safe!)

>>8773715
I make elaborate costumes from mainly unknown characters or original designs, so I barely get asked for pictures and have to ask photographers myself. I ask them a few weeks before a con takes place if they have time to shoot with me during the event. They like working together with me, but I'm 99% sure I wouldn't get a picture from them if I wouldn't ask. So just be bold, anon!
>>
>>8773715
so many people are whining about this

They're just hobby photographers, they are not going to bite you. Most of the photographers aren't the most extrovert people either. ( I think it's actually more awkward as a photographer to ask then vice versa since you might come across as a pervy dude)

The only reason you see the same people is because they are already friends, thus easily approachable and less awkward.
>>
>>8774425
> The only reason you see the same people is because they are already friends, thus easily approachable and less awkward.
This. I even got drama once for apparently being snobbish because I "would only shoot with one specific photographer" while that person is actually just a good friend and I'd hung out with them all weekend instead of going to multiple photographers.
Just ask them anon, they'll be happy to work with you. Also that one guy who used to charge money for his photo's got a lot of backlash and he's a total douche, any cosplayer would stay miles away from him because of his terrible behaviour. I haven't seen him around lately either, anyway.
>>
>>8774723
>Also that one guy who used to charge money for his photo's got a lot of backlash.

Really? I missed that one.
>>
Who did sign up for Animecon's coslay compo?
>>
>>8777903
I did for the international solos! I'm not that great though so I'm kind of scared.
>>
>>8778698
no need to be scared. I enter as well but I'm quite sure I'll suck as well.
Just make sure to eat lots of snacks and make some friends backstage!
>>
Is the Serious Cosplay thing being taken over by furries?
>>
>>8780177
Seems like it. I only saw it pop up because a friends was interested in it. I looked it up just now and I only see furries commenting and they even have made a group called Serious Fur.
>>
My lolita friend from USA is visiting me, any recommendations of where to take her as I am not into lolita so don't know where is best to go for that kind of thing
>>
>>8780542
How about you just ask her what she wants to see. That's she's a lolita is no garantie that she will like certain things.
>>
Im trying to find things like any lolita or cosplay shops?
>>
>>8780234
I seriously laughed at the furry guy calling the furries costume performers.
>>
>>8780542
WHy does it have to be just lolita? People like to go see normal things too. You're a bad host if you can't even ask what she wants to go see.
>>
>>8780669
Try summer tales boutique
>>
>>8780669
For lolita we have Summer Tales Boutique.
And Special Edition sales some cosplayers and lolita pieces (mostly bodyline lolita, don't get your hoops up).

That are our only two physical stores we have for cosplay and lolita, next to some stores salling anime/manga merch (which you can find by googleing "city of visiting"+ anime +store).
>>
>>8784778
>don't get your hoops up
did anyone else picture a woman in a hoopskirt comically falling on her butt or is that just me
>>
>>8784811
What are you boring us for? This is a dutch thread.
>>
>>8784937
*bothering. I really need to get some sleep
>>
>>8784937
maybe it would make more sense if i posted it in dutch
>>
>>8784952
A little bit... just go here >>8784772
>>
to get a little discussion started:
here are the video's of the wcs prelim on firstlook
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLkX3ONOiyuQva4CxYq-AhhkFxiHBe2MW

what do you think are the strong and weak points of dutch contestants?
>>
>>8785868
I don't think firstlook is the best example. Everyone was obviously struggling with that tiny as fuck stage.
Don't you have something from animecon?
>>
File: 550x550.jpg (36KB, 550x344px) Image search: [Google]
550x550.jpg
36KB, 550x344px
>>8772603
Greasy men aside, I had this one experience last nishicon (october) which was probably the most frightening I've ever had.
I made an Undertale Frisk sweater the day before the con, and my boyfriend wore a sharpie'd Napstablook tee. It wasn't meant to be a good cosplay at all but more of a subtle way to meet other Undertale fans.
We met a few fans that day, even the cutest Madotsuki cosplayer who all knew about the game. It seemed a succes but near the end of the day, when me and bf were waiting in the halls and getting our pictures taken this Homestuck cosplayer starts running towards me screaming something like 'HOW DARE YOU! YOU AWFUL PERSON!' succesfully blocking the hallway and drawing everyone's attention to us. She wouldn't stop screaming even after we walked away, for about at least 2 full minutes.
At first I thought she was just a triggered Tumblr because I kissed my boyfriend on the cheek for a picture, but it turned out she was focussed on the toy-knife prop I was holding.

We did meet other fans, at least.
>>
>>8785919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZXRat2C7o
>>
>>8785942
Blank persoon met een plastic mes, bel de politie swa ik word onderdrukt.
>>
>>8785668
Spoiler tags don't work here. Post your portfolio or you're a scam.
>>
File: orly.png (65KB, 211x202px) Image search: [Google]
orly.png
65KB, 211x202px
>>8786349
Apparently my post got deleted so whatev's, I don't really see any point in scamming Dutch cosplayers so you don't HAVE to trust me just like I'm not DYING to take photo's of all you guys.

I'm just offering to help out where family members or friends can't.
>>
>>8787062
Links
>>
Iemand wat links naar (anime) artiesten uit Nederland of België? Zoveel kan ik er niet vinden, en zoveel gaan er nou ook weer niet naar cons.
>>
>>8785868
One of the obvious weaker points is that loads of acts are disney/LoL/whatever non japanese material related
>>
>>8787248
I got a DA with some old stuff on it when I still thought turning the saturation up was a good idea and it has some of my first (and only) cosplay pic's of myself.

http://samuel-havana.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>8788376
So in short, not worth it.
>>
>>8786099
just watching it.
I'd say it's not that bad overall but I feel like a lot of contestants lack dynamic movements. It shows in fightings acts. I understand that cosplay props and costumes are often too fragile to handle them well but I feel it takes away the mood
>>
File: haruko.jpg (16KB, 325x336px) Image search: [Google]
haruko.jpg
16KB, 325x336px
>>8788954
Such snarky much wow.
>>
>>8790050
K
>>
>>8784919
Well, know you mention it hahaha.
>>
>>8785868
Sometimes people really lack originality. Just swinging around with their prop or walking from left to right on stage while lip syncing some audio.
>>
>>8744181
I want to go, primarily to meet new people. Is this a good con for that?
Also is the deluxe ticket worth it?
>>
>>8796173
I met a lot of new people last year! I'm really into mori-kei and found a lot of other mori girls through Osharecon.

but I don't know if a deluxe ticket would be worth it.
>>
Talking about Osharecon, is it me or did they neglect to announce the winners of both the outfit contest and the ticket giveaway? They should have ended the second day of Christmas and I see no post about it.
>>
>>8796375
Now that you mention it! I do not see anything on their facebook page about it either.
>>
>>8796173
If you want to meet new people then you should expect to have to walk up to people. At regular meets people are more closely packed together and are more likelier to introduce themselves. Last year the goodie bag was a bit bland. A regular bow, a cheap ring, a ticket to another con that was too far to even travel to.
>>
>>8796384
It's already been about ten days. At this point I am wondering if it even will get announced. It's also not like they can't afford to give tickets away.
>>
>>8796375
>>8796375
>>8796384
>>8796423

Why don't you guys just ask on the page? Christmas and New Year are times in which people forget a lot of things *cheers mate*.
>>
>>8796410
I'm almost completely new to the con scene. Where can I find information about meetups? Where do these meetups take place? I always found the ones that where held in like a busy shopping street looking pretty cringe-worthy.
>>
>>8797219
Depends on what you are looking for there is a Dutch J fashion page and a Dutch Lolitas page on facebook. I wouldn't know about cosplay. Lolita and Jfashion meets are usually teaparties, museums, picknicks or at fairs.

>>8796902
IDK, I always feel like it comes off a bit bad to ask for the results of a contest.
>>
The winners are announced now. They gave away extra tickets due to the delay.
>>
>>8772603
Animecon 2010 or something? A guy I talked to got into me and started following me around. He kept talking about wanting to give me a feet massage. One time he tried to kidnap me for funsies to his hotelroom with a friend, as in they carried me. My friends rescued me pretty quick. Later I wanted to play guitar hero with my friends in the gameroom and he was there, playing. He asked for a kiss in order to hand over the guitar. I said no and he still went in for it anyway, dodged that one as well.

No worries because I think he's banned now anyway. Never seen him around after that con.

>>8785942
What the hell? I know you and your bf and you were so cute. You're also by far not the first cosplayer to carry a fake knife (all those yume nikki's!).
>>
>>8801525
Ah footfetish guy. He's banned from a lot of cons. And otherwise really lowkey because everyone is watching him.
>>
>>8797219
Tsunacon is pretty soon, you can meet a shitload of people there.
I met a lot of new people there with whom I still go to cons with and hang out to watch anime a few times a month or so.
>>
>>8770024
Holy shit i'm in that picture...
>>
>>8803667
Report it.
>>
>>8786099

the audio should be improved. like the act of mmmc was great, but the voice acting ruined it
>>
How was otakucon btw? Thanks to the holidays I even forgot that it exists.
>>
Is it me or is everybody and their mom creating payed meetings calling them conventions? Umbrella does something this month, this weird formula cosplay thing next month?
>>
Is everything okay with Osharecon? There are only 150 people going according to facebook. How many of you are going to the con?
>>
>>8806466
I'm not sure yet. I went last year, but found it boring. I know they're new and all, but still...
>>
>>8806431
I'm getting the same feeling, there's too many small conventions happening for a country like this. I don't mind new things but at least try to organize something decent.
I mean I wouldn't mind have another 'big' con outside of the summer months like Animecon and Abunai are, mostly because I have never been able to attend Animecon since it's always at a date I have some important deadline.
>>
>>8806431
Yeah, I'm really curious which of all these "cons" are going to stand.
>>
>>8806466
It's still a bit early. It might increase if they announce more activities.
>>
Alright, uh, back to artist talk I guess. The topic of sales permits came up in the artist alley thread. Do we have that system in the Netherlands? Do I need some sort of permit to be allowed to table at Tsunacon?
>>
>>8806466
It's early, besides people who say they will or won't go aren't relaible anyway *cough* Harajuku fashionwalk Utrecht *cough*.
How many people were equally presented past edition?
>>
>>8808969
I know artists that have stands for many years and never bought any kind of selling permit (if that's the type of permit you mean).
>>
>>8806431
How many people went last year?

>>8809033
It seems at most meets half or more of the people don't show up.
>>
File: photo_1409518640832.jpg (85KB, 997x600px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1409518640832.jpg
85KB, 997x600px
Are there any (Dutch speaking) apps or something to meet friends with hobbies like this? Like tinder but for friends instead of horny dudes.
I'm a bit new to the social aspects of anime and gaming etc.
>>
>>8812833
No apps, you'll have to do with Facebook and maybe the Aniway forum will help.
>>
>>8806466
Way less people are invited compared to last year. If I was them I would advertise more as well.
>>
>>8813252
I don't really have experience with Facebook, but it's good for meetups, right? I've tried the Aniway forum but the people there seemed a bit odd.
>>
>>8815642
>I've tried the Aniway forum but the people there seemed a bit odd

There's a lot of younger people using it as their first stop, but these days it has way less traffic then it had several years ago so I don't think it's that great anymore.
The only active thread seems to be the one where people complain about TNT and custom fees.
>>
There aren't many lolitas going, I noticed. I guess it's good for the people who complained about the first Osharecon being a big lolita meet up. It's still a little bit concerning, because they have the biggest community. Maybe it's because there are no lolita activities announced this year?

>>8812801
500 according to the organisation. 300 ish on ''going'' at the event page. It never felt like there were 500 people tho.

>>8814149
I agree with you. Advertising their event would be good. I also would like to know more about what kind of activities they have to offer.
>>
What do you guys think about the Aniway magazine? I used to get it until a few years back since it only came out 4 times a year and by then all the anime news and reviews were late as fuck.
Got an issue recently just to see how it is now, and I have to say I miss the bigger reports on the conventions that happened and doujin reviews, same goes for tutorials.

Also how many people really get that agenda thing they do each year? I believe they tried to get it into stores but that never happened either.
>>
>>8815839
>Aniway Magazine
I still have a subscription to it, but that's mainly because I want to support them (I'm more than a year behind on reading). It changed a lot and desu I don't like it as much as I did when I started with my subscription (when I was a teen).

>Aniway Agenda
I bought it the first time, but was disappointed in the print quality of it (pages started falling out quickly). I think the quality of the agenda itself improved, but I don't know much people are still buying it (I think not much).
>>
>>8815892
Agreed, it used to be better now I feel like I can read everything I can see in there online and better. They really should stick to more local things as well, since sure you can talk about the anime everyone already knows about, but why not discuss more dutch cons or events?

As for the agenda, I think it improved, but they aren't doing a great job of promoting it.
>>
>>8815835
If I were them they should really throw it into some jfashion groups or groups that have similar interest like jrock, cosplay and anime for the people who are interested to start with Jfashion, but aren't in the scene yet. I don't see that many of my friends invited, so I think it would be a good idea for them to invite more people from the comm pages.
>>
>>8773715
Well some of those girls do "sexual favors " for photoshoots so thats why
>>
>>8816100
Elaborate...
>>
To try getting a table at animecon, do you just fill in the dealer registration form? I'm so used to seeing people use the term artist alley around here I'm getting kind of confused.
>>
>>8817920
Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't realize tables for animecon were up yet. From what I read on their site you fill in the dealer registration form, yeah. They have a few different categories you can sign up for, all the typical artist alley things go in the "doujin" category.
How does animecon compare to abunaicon, for artists? They're not as expensive as I feared they would be, but I imagine the animecon crowd is more into dealer stuff while the abunai crowd is more into AA stuff. Any truth to that?
>>
>>8818047
No idea, thanks for the reply btw.

To be honest I really want to table with someone but the dutch art community is so scattered around and only relatively little people sell that I have no idea how to find anyone. It'll be my first time tabling too, so I'm kind of figuring out what I want to do.
>>
>>8818047

last year the dealer's experience was pretty bad. Most of them lost money that weekend.
>>
>>8818107
It's weird how there's such a large difference between the two biggest cons. I hear abunai is the best con to table at. Yet animecon has a bigger crowd, is around the same price and has a more commercial vibe, so you'd expect their dealerroom to be lucrative.
Can that difference really be attributed solely to the type of crowd that visits these two cons?
>>
Speaking of, I got the layout for the AA at tsunacon this week and it's bigger than I thought it would be. 28 tables filled, with at least 16 individual artists. (Also some cosplayers and some people whose page I can't find, so I don't know what they do.)
Most of them aren't half bad, either. That's way more than I expected after the discussion a few threads ago about how there are hardly any (decent) artists around here. I'm curious to see the wares people will bring (and a little nervous lol).
>>
>>8818166
Good luck anon! Tell us how it went! I was planning on tabling too but my friend who was going to help couldn't and I didn't have the time to create all the wares I'd need.
>>
Why does Cyarine always draw the exact same thing? There's never any variation in design or anything, even her OCs look incredibly bland.
>>
File: cyawut.jpg (350KB, 1051x645px) Image search: [Google]
cyawut.jpg
350KB, 1051x645px
>>8819511
Because she's a shitty artist that learned one pretty gimmick by copying Loish that gives her a lot of views. She also hates critism in any form so she's left with nothing to improve.
>inb4 vendetta
I really have nothing against her personally, but I find her attitude as an artist just stuck up and annoying.
I've met way better artists then Cyarin in our country that didn't need that insane followercount as proof of their skills.
>>
>>8819706
"telling me I"m not build for the art community"

Damn girl, if you go "why are you hurting my feelings" every time someone says anything then you sure as fuck aren't. Her art isn't commercial at all either, it's all rough and nothing hits me as something I'd like on my wall.

Also the other week she did one of those feature contests on her instagram and the winners just looked like fans who try to be her (art wise that is).
I can't believe that she is pretty much the most popular online dutch artist I'm aware of (maybe Loish is more popular? I hope so her art is better)
>>
>>8819727
Loish is Cyarin but with actual skills. As in, cyarin is a pathetic Loish ripoff.
>>
>>8819727
I've never heard of her before, but I'm a huge Loish fan. I think I love Loish all the more because she has admitted that she sticks to her strengths and what interests her.
People that rage so hard at crit shouldn't even try to call themselves artists, how pathetic.
>>
I sometimes feel like Cyarin just copies Loish work, then keep whining about people stealing her ''muh style''
>>
>>8819816
Exactly, I think it's perfectly fine to stay within your comfort zone as long as you're aware of it. Cyarine just likes to pretend she's fantastic at art when in realize she keeps drawing the same thing over and over again.
I mean look at the comic she made earlier (instagram) where she makes a valid point (people wanting free art are annoying) but notice how the two figures practically look the exactly same. Except that she draws herself a tad bit skinnier and prettier then the other figure.

>>8819870
Is there anything she doesn't whine about? She got one homophobic comment a while back and she instantly made a post as if she got attacked by god knows how many people.
>>
>>8819727
Loish is easily more popular and well-known, she's just not as active online because she has an actual job as an artist, and I'm pretty sure most of what she does is confidential for a good while.
Cyarin has built a large following in part because she keeps posting every single day. If she'd have an actual job as an artist, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have the time to do that.
She's improved a lot, but mostly in areas she was already good in, colors and rendering. She still always draws the same faces, expressions, and poses. I wish she'd experiment more because she CAN do stuff, she's just way too comfortable in her little bubble.
And yeah, her attitude is really stand-offish. You want a large following, you gotta take the negative as well as the positive. I'm sure plenty of other artists would be happy with 350k followers as well as honest critique from those followers.

The latest featureme event was ridiculous, one of the people she featured had made the account just a few days before. At least feature people who have put some time and energy into their account already. And like you said both of them were total ripoffs of her own style. The one before that was way better, both of the artists she featured then were actually interesting on their own merits.

This turned into a TL;DR, sorry.
>>
I highly doubt Cyarin will ever get an actual job with her attitude. But unfortunate for her, she can't leech of social media for the rest of her life.
To be honest I don't even feel bad for her she really seems like a shitty person to me
>>
>>8819902
Personally I really like being able to discuss the dutch art community for once, I still find it difficult to find people from it and have zero friends these days. I remember finding people through like dA but that platform is nearly dead and the dutch community is incredibly scattered around.

Either way, I agree. I do think she has some potential but when I followed her for a bit I just realized how much of the same thing I was seeing. When I can see an artist post a beautifully rendered stylized face with realistic detailing get not even 10% as an incredibly boring sketch Cyarine does on a daily basis.

>>8819937
Pretty much, there's a lot of artists who I can imagine getting commercial illustration inquires but what kind of portfolio would Cyarine even put out if it all looks the same?
>>
>>8818140
Probably because I spend more time in the dealerroom at Abunai than at Animecon. Much more to do at the latter.
I usually find myself going to the dealerrom 3 times a day at Abunai while last year at Animecon I went there on Saturday once. I think the dealers will earn more each year though, seeing as Animecon still grows.
>>
>>8819951
That's a good point. Last abunai I spent most of the sunday wandering around the dealerroom.
>>
>>8819937
I used to follow Cyarin on Instagram but all she did was complain every time she lost a follower, and how apparently everyone hated her irl/offline because she is a lesbian. She would sometimes accuse people of unfollowing because she was a lesbian. All she did was moan and complain.

She made my blood boil so I unfollowed her. Not because she was a lesbian, but because she wouldn't shut up about it and just post her mediocre samey drawings.
>>
>>8821070
Yeah I'm getting the feeling that anytime someone even says anything negative about her it MUST be because she's a lesbian. She never considers any other possibility.
>>
>>8821070
>>8821097
I've known Cyarin for quite some time now, and she's always grasping the straws to make sure she looks like a victim.
At Abunai she got a girl into trouble for ''stalking'' her, aka walking past her table while having some bad blood with cyarin from years ago. Because someone being at the same con as you while you had a fight in your tween years must mean that person is stalking you. -Cyarin logic.
It was really pathetic, Cyarin made such a fuzz about it and had security protect her table and such.
>>
>>8821147
Is there anything else notorious about her? I wonder how much she sells at cons, most of her stuff is so rough I can't see it working as merchandise.
>>
>>8821167
Anon, really? Let's not shit up the thread with more rumors about her, we did that in the previous Dutch thread, go read that one.
Her stuff might be rough but it works pretty well as prints. I talked to her at abunai and she said she was doing pretty well, that her and Vio had made back their table+hotel by Saturday afternoon. It doesn't really surprise me, you gotta admit it's miles better than most of the other artists we have at cons.
>>
Anyone getting tickets for the alternative UtS teaparty?
Seems like they put a lot of effort into it.
>>
>>8816100
Considering dutch photogs don't charge, nobody's going to believe that shit.
>>
>>8821468
I'm going to get some tickets for me and a friend! :)
>>
I got tickets for tsunacon!
But its propably too late if I start working on a cosplay now isn't it?
Especially because I also got school projects to finish ;-;
>>
>>8816270
If you see female cosplayers doing lingerie shoots it mostly done by giving the photographer a bj or more. I know 1 photographer that does that only shoots those populair girls if you not of them you have to suck his ***** to get one or offer him something good for him to shoot you.
>>
>>8822949
Yeah right. I'm pretty sure a lot guys would do a lingerie shoot for free or even pay them to do it. Not every guy, but there are a lot of photgraphers out there who go many miles in order to shoot a woman wearing a minimal amount of clothes and way less women who are willing to blow a guy in order to get them.
>>
>>8822949
Not sure if salty photographer, that couldn't get a cosplayer to strip.
Or salty girl who's insecure about her body.

Or just a random person who wants to stir drama.
>>
>>8823078
Well there is ALOT of story's like this going around in the cosplay community that this shits happends.
>>
>>8823148

I've never heard anything along those lines. Yes, some photographers do come across as not too strong on a social level, but that's on a whole 'nother level.

Starting rumors like this is pretty pointless unless you actually provide examples other people can verify.
>>
>>8821468
I'm gonna try getting my hands on a ticket.
>>
>>8823148
And by alot, you mean 'I just made it up and now I don't know how to back it up'.

It's okay anon. Starting drama isn't the most easy thing to do. Just remember people here are the biggest gossipgirls (or 'ramptoeristen') and would have heard it a long time ago, if it was a legit gossip within the Dutch comm.
>>
>>8823192

I'm a bit surprised that they are afright of not selling all the tickets. I'm just happy someone stood up to organize one! Looking forward to an amazing weekend. I was really bumped out that I could'nt get a weekend ticket.
>>
File: tumblr_n4uwsfN1Yq1si8kuvo8_1280.png (532KB, 1244x706px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4uwsfN1Yq1si8kuvo8_1280.png
532KB, 1244x706px
>Cyarin streaming
>Isn't drawing anything except some hair strokes on a almost finished piece
> Is she really this desperate to hide that she can't draw for shit and everything is a stupid gimmick
>>
>>8823309
Checked it out and wow this is really boring. No music, she isn't talking despite have a facecam, and she isn't doing anything other then rendering things that are already finished.
>>
>>8823377
Yeah she doesn't want to show people how she draws because of her zero talent, so she does what is her only talent, rendering with an eternal bitchface while whiteknights kiss her ass.
>>
>>8823388
True I guess, but it just impresses me how little effort she puts into anything at all.

Also I hate to sound like I want to dislike everything about her, but is it just me or does she mention who her girlfriend is way too much? Like I get it. Vio is your girlfriend. People are homophobic and you cry about it once a week. Great.
>>
>>8823415
It's the only way she can play her victim card.
>>
>>8823415
I'd like to think she does it because she wants Vio's art to get noticed as well. Call me optimistic.
>>
>>8823470
Oh I agree that it's part of the reason, but it always seems to be awfully convenient that whenever she ever so subtly points out that she's lesbian and who her girlfriend is, that she has a reason to make a post about how sad she is about the 'hate' she gets.
>>
>>8823199
Want me to call names?
>>
>>8824471
Please do, let the drama flow anon.
>>
>>8824471

Presuming you mean name names, yeah I'm curious who can verify your rumours.
>>
>>8824512
>>8824782
Anon chickened out because there are no people who can verify it
>>
>>8819937
I used to talk with her a lot, she was a really sweet person back then. Never was a fan of her art tho.
>>
>>8826147
The prism girls and sarah!
I know jim de groot had sex with sarah after her super sonico shoot so she had bikini photo's taken at a abunai hotel room and he has some action after it, Now happy since i didnt reply right away?
>>
>>8826270
Sarah van den Heuvel?
>>
>>8826270
So a cosplayers who had an equal relationship with a photographer and maybe someone who got lucky afterwards, but shoots for free anyway.

That's not what we asked. We asked for people who upfront trade sex for photos, who otherwise had to pay for the shoot. Not relationships and some people who decided the photog was good enough for an one night stand. What an anti-climax.
>>
>>8826270
Well the prism girls seem slutty enough for that anyways.
>>
There's currently a discussion about Artists Alleys and general exposure at cons going on on Aniway.

Any thoughts? I personally have to agree with that I would always see low quality work/material and basically nothing that got made at a factory like charms. I also think the overall quality of dutch anime artists doesn't help either, how many that actually go to cons can you name?
>>
>>8826270
In the case of the prism girls I can see how photographers may agree to shoot the fat/ugly ones in the hopes of getting with the prettier ones, but I have a hard time seeing all of them as being desperate enough to fuck for photos. Like >>8822959 said, most pervy photogs are more than happy to see a half-naked girl in the room with him and shoot her for that reason alone, not expect her to blow him as well.
>>
>>8826456
Yeah, they have alot of people wrapped around their little fingers. Why blow when you get it for free anyway?

I get that OP chose the Prism girls, because their highly competitive and some members have an I'm to good for this attitude, but because of that attitude it doesn't make sence.
>>
>>8826293

Considering she's had a girlfriend for years and didn't do a Sonico cosplay, no. Not that Sarah.
>>
>>8826634
I don't know her I just typed "sarah" in that jimjam guy his friendlist.
>>
>>8826293
>>8826634
No, Sarah Talbain
>>
>>8826661
I had to reread twice to not read Sarah Taliban

Yeah she 's pretty crazy, bitchy and slutty, but the sex for photoshoot thing still doesn't apply here
>>
>>8826385
The problem is that being on a convention as an artist has so little value.

Most conventions look very amateuristic and have no prestige, most costumers (poor teens) are barely willing to spend any money and most congoers just don't seem that interested. (No one seems to go to the Dutch manga awards except for the artist who entered..)

Also most dealerrooms have incredibly shitty conditions like not working airco's or noise from karaoke ddr or like on mgc when the friggin main stage was in the same space with really loud music

Wow when I write this it seems so much shittier then I realised until now....
>>
File: 8439473439487357.png (627KB, 841x600px) Image search: [Google]
8439473439487357.png
627KB, 841x600px
>>8826854
It really sucks, it's hard getting more artists to really try out tabling at animecons when you know that the sales are shit and the conditions are often not that great either. Artists are neglected as fuck at cons.
They were also talking about how there's too many people who want a table (dealers included) and honestly do we really need another 5 dealers that sell pocky or plushies at inflated rates? Don't get me wrong it's their right to do whatever they want but I'd rather have more variety then seeing the same types of dealers over and over again.

I find it hard to take many complaints from Superkip and Appeltjesgroen concerning sales too serious though, have you seen their art? Pic related is one of Kip's recent works and I hate sounding mean but I wouldn't buy that.
Not to mention the lingering fascination of wanting to sell actual comic books they made instead of being more merchandise focused.
>>
>>8826846
I noticed many people dislike her, any stories about her? She's always been neutral/nice towards me although I've only seen her twice or thrice
>>
>>8826871
I do understand the comicbook instead of merchandise thing. Why commercialize yourself when these are one of the few places where you can actually publish something that is truly yours? There is already so much official merchandise to compete with
Why bother?
>>
>>8826882
I agree in that sense, but it's simply not something that will sell easily. Like I can't blame them for wanting to publish their work that way, but the Dutch audience barely buys keychains let alone entire booklets.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (181KB, 2345x340px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
181KB, 2345x340px
>>8826871
It's interesting to read, though, that superkip is selling decently in Germany. It goes to show that it's not just how good the artist is, it also depends on the crowd. I've seen artists of ok-but-not-great level get told that they could start selling in the artist alley threads as well, while they couldn't dream of turning a profit here.
It reinforces the old stereotype that Dutch people are cheapskates. And that fucking sucks, because out of all the factors that influence sales (quality, price, type of merch, presentation, etc), that is the one thing we will never be able to influence.

>>8826882
It's fine that they sell what they want to. Good on them. But they shouldn't complain about being unable to turn a profit. If you want to make money, you gotta play into the market.

There's this vicious circle where people don't want to invest in expensive merch because people don't spend money at AAs anyway, and people don't spend money at AAs because the products don't look as good as in other countries (pic related). If we want successful AAs, one of these sides will have to break the cycle, and it sure ain't gonna be the customers.

>>8826385
This entire discussion is really interesting, and I hope it will be revisited after Tsunacon. They seem to be doing OK at setting up an AA, so it'll be interesting to see the results.
>>
>>8826929
Pretty much agreed with everything you said, it just doesn't help that both a lot of the art quality isn't too high, neither is the product quality, and we dutch are just cheapskates.

One thing I do agree within the discussion I'm lurking at on Aniway, is that there really needs to be more promotion. I get that they make fuckall money but it sure would be nice if the booklet and everything could go "hey we have artists too!".

Overall I also get the feeling there's a group of artists wanting to get into the scene but afraid because when you ask you'll hear that you probably won't break even, why bother making the investment?
It's been a few years since I last went to a con but I remember that during 2012 a lot of the artists you'd see were pretty young and it really felt like they went 'oh hey lets try selling!!' and made circles left and right and would have around 3 products on their tables.

From what I remember, the group that did that APH Doujin several years back, they would have pretty decent tables. A selection of items, not too much but at least you could really browse around and that's about the only art stuff I ended up buying that year. It wasn't the highest quality but it felt thought out and you had some actual choice while buying.
>>
What would be one thing you'd like to see changed at Dutch cons?
>>
File: intrologo.png (595KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
intrologo.png
595KB, 600x600px
>>8826385
I don't have a very up-to-date view of what's currently being sold at AAs but the last few times I went, all the art I saw was really low quality like you said. I'm personally not that interested in factory-made stuff I can just as easily get online but it would be nice to see art that was above middle school weeb doodling in class level. Like >>8826871 isn't super bad but aside from the background it's painfully similar to the free avatar art I would give out on Gaiaonline when I was 14.

Also I couldn't help but notice that the woman who's been hosting the Manga for Beginners workshop at Elfia for a few years now has pic related on the homepage of her company website. I'm sorry but wow, this is garbage. Why would anyone, even a child, want to learn from someone who draws like this?

Are the Dutch artists with actual skills just not interested in anime or something?
>>
>>8828115
Hard to say, I mean just artists in general seem to either have no online activity or draw other stuff. Most active artists on Aniway are people like appeltjesgroen who somehow graduated with an art related degree but aren't great at drawing yet give advice.

I mean I'd post my art here to find other Dutch artists but I don't think agreeing with your sentiment about the quality of Dutch artists at cons will make me very liked.
>>
>>8828139
Thisss

I'm studying game art atm, and a lot of really good artists here barely have an online presence.
Most of them really don't feel the need to attentionwhore online towards weebs at Cyarin lvls
>>
>>8828147
Just a random question but how is game art (I'm assuming you're athe hku ) and how hard is it to get into? I really want to try out for it but I'm kind of anxious.

Also presence online isn't a bad thing, it has its fun sides and for me was a way to meet other people who liked art since nobody in my local environment drew at all.
>>
>>8826949
For fucking real. Some promotion would really be appreciated. Even just listing the artists on the site. We had to fill in our website on the application form, so it's literally just... making a list. Why the hell does that have to take so long?
>>
>>8828147
I studied Game Design & Development, and started the year before Game Art was also a course. In my class there were people with great art skills, I had seniors with great art skills, and among the juniors I knew from Game Art there were also quite some people with great art skills. But none of those ever had that much online presence, when I think about it. However, some of them now work as artist at big game companies like Capcom, King, and Guerilla Games for example, so I guess that confirms they have the skills.
>>
>>8828115
Oh sweet naive anon
Only if there is actual money involved will organisers look at the quality of the workshop organiser.
Otherwise it's just a free extra event for one side and a free entryticket and travelling expenses for the other

Also the moment aspiring artist go to art academy, they start to really develop their own style and mostly let go of all the limitations of holding onto manga style.
In Japan being individualistic is less important, in the West those are your assets to survive as an artist
>>
>>8828194
Maybe "quite some" sounds a like like an understatement, make it "a whole lot of".
>>
>>8815835
I actually saw almost as many gyarus though
>>
>>8826270
i don't think you know what you are talking about. why would people have sex for a photo if all they have to do is just ask them for a shoot. i don't know any photographer who will say no while nothing is given in return. after all these people do it as a hobby. if sex was really something to trade for photo's they should find a real photographer and not someone who does it as a hobby.

yes there are some who are picky and may say no but i never heard them ask someone to suck their dick. they rater ask money.
>>
huilen sukkels
>>
>>8828094
Better cosplays.
>>
>>8826880
She's a sweetheart, but she doesn't know how to keep her dirty jokes to herself and makes some people uncomfortable with them.
>>
>>8826270
Well that's utter bs.
I was Jim's room partner that weekend and was at that Sonico shoot as well. Sarah immediately left after that to get changed for Deshima so keep on spreading the bs. :I
>>
>>8826456
They big question is: why would they? Aren't they shooting with Jacky every month or so? At least I see them on his FB quite often.

And in general, with the amount of pretty decent photographers who don't charge at all, there is no need to go to such extremes.
>>
Jacky is a very respected Photographer and always shoots with his lovely wife as assistent or someone else, would be weird if they would do sexual stuff in front of their eyes.. And about the Prism girls, I really don't get why you people are so jealous, like are you so damn ugly or do you have a big nose or male looking face or any problem with yourself, that you start to bitch about them ? Most of them have a boyfriend and are loyal and dedicated. Just because they have likes and followers on their page or have Photoshoots and are ACTIVE with making costumes, doesn't mean there is sex involved. You can always ask for photoshoots, some PG charge, and some don't end of story. Stop this bullshit cyberbullying and learn to live together in peace.
>>
>>8832087
This. People are just scared shitless to say something in the persons face and come on this shitty site. Grow some balls or a backbone.
>>
Curious if there are any good male crossplayers in the Dutch community. I want to try dressing up as my favorite heroine, but I could use some advice about makeup. Everything on YouTube does not seem to work for me and I do want to make it look like I've put effort in it, maybe even compete, would combo's be open for that?
>>
>>8832202

Linah is a pretty good crossplayer.
>>
>>8832202
That tall guy, I dont know his name. He passed for a girl last year on tsunacon..fucking hell I believed it.
>>
>>8832783
I think you mean elfmist (on facebook)
>>
>>8832657
Actually, I remember that she is not crossplaying anymore these days, and that is not because she stopped doing female characters.
>>
for those visiting belgian cons:
The winners of the cosplay contest of FACTS Spring Edition (2-3 April) will become the Belgian representative for the European cosplay contest of ECG!

Don't know if this means you really have to be Belgian or if you can just be the Josje/Klaasje of belgian cosplaying
>>
>>8833142

I know, I know but I didn't know if op knew.
>>
>>8828115
the only good drawer I know is Miya/qiseki, her art is pretty
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.