[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

disney teaching children not to become seaguls.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 15

File: cultapp.jpg (232KB, 496x722px) Image search: [Google]
cultapp.jpg
232KB, 496x722px
Disney's latest show has tackled a lot of social injustice. In this episode (s1e7) they tackle cultural appropriation. The father teaches his daughter it is not right to wear "Japanese" fashion because it's racist and oppressive to steal other people's culture as a white girl.

Reminder that Disney is working hard to teach lolita and jfashion fans not to appropriate culture and stay away from Japanese fashion trends.

Serious thread though, is Lolita and wearing jfashion a racist, oppresive movement by white girls to steal Japanese culture?
>>
This image got reblogged over 400,000 times on Tumblr to spread the information about appropriation and to applaud disney on taking a stand against jfashion appropriation by white girls.
>>
http://lenadreamsingold.tumblr.com/post/94315191887/girl-meets-world-addresses-cultural-appropriation

43,000 notes

Your time is up cgl, it's about to become mainstream racist to do lolita or jfashion.
>>
But only if you're a white girl, right? If a black or hispanic girl wears foreign fashion, she's embracing other cultures. But if a white girl does it, it's racist. Ok then. Let me continue to oppress the Japanese by spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on their products.
>>
>>7749280
Yep, only white people.

from tumblr

"It’s because what’s termed as “white” is the dominant culture. White settlers and colonizers forced their culture onto most everyone else. What is “standard” or “normal” - is default white culture. You can’t appropriate the dominant, especially if it was forced upon you. The term just doesn’t apply because of the power imbalance."

source - http://mycultureisnotatrend.tumblr.com/
>>
http://therealbitchpudding.tumblr.com/post/94411036163/ladymittsy-culturalappropriationon

the only version I saw was this.
>>
>>7749256
Two words.

Kawaii ambassadors

There problem solved.
>>
>>7749256
i think the major point was just to be aware that you look ridiculous, because it's obviously not your own culture and you're pushing it to an extreme.

not that you can't or that it's wrong, you'll just look ridiculous next to normies. which you do, if you wear crazy shit that makes you stand out because you're obviously not in an anime/comic book people are going to judge you.

i thought people in this board knew they looked ridiculous and just don't care because they're fans of the source material, not that they thought it was normal and they should be accepted as day to day "normal" wear. because nothing in /cgl/ ever really is.
>>
>>7749303
nope
the ep is about cultural appropriation and shes stealing it from japan.
>>
>>7749256
thats fucked up like they're holding a japanese fashion intervention
if anyone tried that shit to me I'd be like
"yo whitey, that suit is from france, are you french? know, you're fucking american get that shit off, are those clothes of yours made in china? go naked, you don't have the right to wear them."
>>
>>7749310
Japan steals Jeans and T-Shirts from us though ;_;
>>
They do realize Lolita is based off a European Fashion to start with?
>>
>>7749315
>>7749321
you can't appropriate white culture

don't you know SJW studies? White people have the power over the POC so they can't be stolen from.
>>
Why can't people just enjoy things?
>>
>>7749256
The vast minority of Lolita's ARE weebs who re-appropiate Japanese culture and are obess with everything Japan though.
>>
>>7749343
you mean Itas.
>>
>>7749321
tumblr got mad about that too, japanese people appropriating "white" culture
>>
>>7749343
This.
The fashion itself isn't quite appropriation though. Its literally just a fashion with no cultural ties to THEIR own culture.
>>
>>7749329
But that's stupid
>>
Didn't we already have this fucking thread? Wasn't it ascertained that, despite Tumblrtardation this episode is more about begin yourself and not embracing a fake persona and a forced look just to seem popular with a certain crowd?
Seriously, who actually gives a flying fuck about some tweeny shit and makes it this massive issue except Amurrica and Tumblrtards?
>>7749321
Are they even talking about Lolita though? It looks like a specific look a la Kyary, thats filtered to the western world thanks to tryhards like Katy Perry and Niki Minaj. That way out there cmownish, bright dyed hair ott kawaii uguu shit.
>>
>>7749344
I mean all you fucking cosplaying animu loving mago reading idiots, DONT play coy now. 99% of Lolita's are japanophiles.
>>
>>7749294
So white people aren't allowed to have a culture? That sounds pretty racist to mem oh wait nevermind, white people aren't allowed to be racist.
>>
>>7749357
shit I meant white people cant be racially oppressed or whatever
>>
>>7749354
This. Its one of the reasons Im a lone lolita, i dont care for cosplay or otaku culture. Even just going through lolita blogs on tumblr, is so hard to find one that isn't weeby.
>>
Oh look, it's overreaching little fucks being overreaching little fucks again.

Also, of course Disney should teach people not to become seagulls. Do you edgy little shits blathering on about "tumblr sjw bullshit" really think you are the pinnacles of fashion and aesthetic taste everyone else should model?
>>
>>7749366
*tips fedora*
>>
Only complete idiots get offended by cultural appropriation.

Ignore them and keep enjoying your life.
>>
>>7749256
You're pretty fucking late to the party aren'e you? This thread >>7745814 is only 45 comments in you fucktard, did you even bother to check the board before you got your pants wet with excitement at the idea of presenting /cgl/ with this turd that meant to enrage us or some shit?
>>
All art is derivative.

There is no such thing as cultural appropriation. Culture evolves from decade to decade in one way or another.

Anyone who thinks it's racist is fucking retarded.
>>
>>7749312
>Stop wearing a bra, you're not French, fucking cultural appropriation cunt !!!
>>
I just put myself through watching this episode.

It's pretty much morally summarized by main character chan crossing paths with Topanga while Topanga dressed the way she did as a teen in hippie clothes.

topanga says "This is who I am inside, it's the part of me your father fell in love with a long time ago. "

main character chan asks "this is.. what's inside of you?"

Topanga replies "Yeah. It might be the best part. Is /this/ the best part of you?"

"I'm extremely popular with 5 people."

"Is one of them YOU?"

this episode is more about not being a fake nerd girl than anything. It's like a warning to not become unseelie allure so weeby neckbeard will drool on you.
>>
>>7749366
Yes? My fashion is awesome. If everyone wore it the world would be prettier and possibly less dirty since people wouldn't want to ruin $300 dresses as easily as $30 jeans.
>>
Is there a place online I can watch this episode? It looks like it has been taken way out of context. Clothes is clothes. If she is wearing this style because she likes it, and it doesn't have any religious or deeply cultural significance in a way that it is innapropriate for her to wear it, then I don't see why she shouldn't. Was she behaving weeb ish or something or did they really have a "confrontation" because she was dressed like that?
>>
>>7749508
She was invited to a party that ended up just being uncool nerd kids.

See decided that since they think that the style is cool she would change everything about herself to seem cooler to these kids who she didn't even want to be friends with.

So... no legit interest in the fashion or style, just trying to pander to people who she didn't even like
>>
>>7749256
wait is this episode 6 or 7 ?
>>
Japanese brands regularly hire white models to showcase their clothes but white people cannot wear them because it's disrespectful. Okay.
>>
And then /cgl/ proved it's just as /pol/ as /v/.
Suspected as much.
>>
>>7749515
This makes sense. From the little I've seen of the show, the theme seems to be coming of age for girls. It seems like it's less a problem of appropriation and more ~~staying true to yourself~~.
>>
>>7749256
I'm pretty sure it's more like "don't copy someone's style if you know nothing about it and most likely don't even like it at all".
I'm guessing some of the guionists of this series were the nerd geeky kids in school and were heavy bullied about it, and now with the geek culture being mainstream and all the popular kids being all "Look I'm such a gamer I love Pewdiepie I'm soooo weird lololol" they are a bit bootybothered about this
>>
>>7749566

considering its a government appointed Job for selected girls or "kawaii ambassadors" to spread the love of Japanese fashion and culture to other countries, and then see some white dude on TV complain how its disrespectful, its not really /pol/ its shaking our heads at stupidity.
>>
>>7749294
It's not that, it's just white people take it too far and that shit's embarrassing
>>
>>7749359
Yeah apparently there's no such thing as being racist towards white people

Which is fucking bullshit, I'd love for someone to tell that to my boyfriend on a bad day just so that he might deck them.

He's 1/4 Japanese but white passing and grew up on a Caribbean island. Literally got beat up a few times a month just for being a "whitey". He's not a puny 15 year old anymore, though.
>>
Tumblr would really love to think this is about appropriation at all. And not about Disney trying to teach kids that faking something to make people like them is wrong.

This has all the trademarks of westerners thinking "harajuku girls" are a thing, and that it's a subculture like punk.

Disney doesn't give a shit about being racist, let alone this warped idea of 'cultural appropriation' only really retarded people would view it in that way.

This just makes me hate Disney more because little SJWs are going to warp it to think they're right.
>>
>>7749875
Ditto. Disney is racist as fuck, they made a major ride (Splash Mountain) in every single one of their theme parks. The ride is based off a movie that is BANNED for being overly racist.

They don't give a shit about cultural appropriation, and nobody else should, either. It's such a fucking non-issue it hurts.

If anything Disney is trying to say don't be a "fake nerd gurl"/don't be a fucking poser. Tumblrinas should be getting upset at Disney for them daring to say fake nerd gurls are real
>>
>>7749256
Tumblr can kiss the fattest part of my white candy ass.

I'm going to wear what I want and nobody is going to oppress me because of the color of my skin, racist fuckwads. They can take their white guilt and stick it where the sun don't shine.
>>
Nah, cultural appropriation is very bad. Take dreadlocks, for instance. White people wear them? Cool alt fashion. Meanwhile PoC wear them and get denied jobs, get looked down on. It is something that has spiritual roots, and white people take it and use it as a fashion statement. Same with the "___ is my spirit animal" joke...it mocks and delegitimizes an important aspect of some Native American cultures

If you do Lolita nd enjoy jfashion, educate yourself. That was a major point of OP's image- she didn't even know what Harajuku was. Doing something blindly bc its a trend is different from respecting, loving, and educating yourself about the origins of it and partaking in it. If you're white, don't pretend to be Japanese, don't use "Asian" as your makeup inspiration/aesthetic, don't be a VenusAngelic.

Basically, don't use cultures as just a trendy statement and personally I think things like jfashion are fine!
>>
>>7749256
I'm just mostly confused at how Disney thought her hair and outfits even looked remotely good? Like why couldn't they have made her look more well put together? She looks like a trainwreck.
And it's not just this episode, it's Disney shows in general. Do they even know how to dress themselves let alone their characters? They have some of the worst clothing layering I have seen in my life.
>>
>>7749916
Do you even know what dreadlocks look like? Shit. They literally look like coils of grease covered shit. Dreads are disgusting if you don't take care of your hair. It doesn't matter as long as you look presentable.
>>
>>7749916
I feel like this can also extend into don't blindly cosplay something without knowing/enjoying the source material.
>>
>>7749916
White people invented dreads you moron.

I know you're probably a troll, but people who feel cultural appropriation is even something to take seriously are really stupid. Cultures evolve and mix, all cultures have taken something from others throughout history. If it was really a problem things like eating food that other people eat or speaking another language would be wrong as well, and they're not.

I feel like everyone using this argument just wants to trap cultures in a bubble. Forcing something like that is worse than people trying to share it.

People are human after all, we should be able to embrace and share with one another, not refuse them. Thinking that cultural appropriation is an issue is racist anyway.
>>
>>7749303
Wasnt the point that she was taking ideas from other people and using them to look cool to other people, rather than being herself? where as the japanese people were being themselves. Not that it was cultural appropriation, but rather that the main character was being a poser for the sake of trying to fit in with another group of people? or did the entire last thread not happen?
>>
>>7749935
Yes. It will be a cold day in hell that Disney would take any moral stance on something that would otherwise give them profit, let alone take this warped SJW perspective of it.
>>
If you're regular in one aspect you should be regular in another. i.e. That man shouldn't be wearing a suit jacket
>>
>>7749934
Yo no one "invented" dreadlocks, they're just a thing that happened to people with natural hair, though they can be recreated without just waiting. They originated in mostly non-European spaces. White people generally don't have the right texture of hair to form dreadlocks naturally, from my understanding. Also, I'm going to acknowledge rn that there are a lot of PoC who would disagree on dreads being cultural appropriation, and a lot who would agree. I've seen both sides of the argument. I think it's an issue of contention for everyone.

I don't think cultures should be in a bubble at all. I'm just saying people need to be aware of things like white privilege, and to educate themselves on the cultures they enjoy before using them as an accessory. I think sharing cultures is great, when done in an educated and respectful manner!

I'm not a troll, but that being said, I am aware I'm on 4chan which isn't the best place to debate this sort of stuff
>>
>>7749916
Uh, i don't think companies want to hire white people with dreads to be honest. I doubt a potential employer is going to be like "cool alt fashion!" When a white person comes in with a head full of dirty dreadlocks. In reality they'll be even more likely to be denied a job than a black person with dreads because employers will think they're lazy dirty pot smoking hippies. The same assumptions aren't really made about blacks with dreads(okay maybe the pot smoking part)
>>
Is tumblr the worst thing to ever happen to the internet?
>>
>>7749347

I find that really hard to believe.
>>
I mean if you were to talk at what I would consider the most uppity cultural appropriation SJW blog on tumblr for Japan, it would be thisisnotjapan. Even THEY don't think lolita is cultural appropriation.

Wearing a kimono or cheongsam, I guess would be offensive because it's a traditional thing, but lolita and jfashion are fashion that are meant to be spread.

Personally I feel like this show didn't quite get the cultural appropriation right.
>>
>>7749347
pff, france isn't a culture!
>>
>>7750048
*look not talk
>>
Pretty sure tumblr is just taking this photoset out of context, and I see that many of you are taking it out of context, too.
Way to pick and choose, but I guess everyone has their own interpretation.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n6pp6lLi531qhlqyf.gif (901KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n6pp6lLi531qhlqyf.gif
901KB, 500x281px
>>7749256
I don't give a fuck. I don't give two fucks, I don't give any fucks. Look at all the fucks I give.

Oh yes, it's just so fucking racist I'm just oozing suppression and white guilt. I am actually Latino and quie frankly this shit is so fucking annoying. What the fuck do SJW think they're even accomplishing? Oh yes, lets put up any PoC (except asians of course) on a fucking shrine when they cosplay or wear lolita but shame white people because it's sooooooooo racist. Man I fucking hate SJWs
>>
>>7750048
> tfw think kimonos, cheongsams and hanboks are pretty
> tfw my country's traditional clothing is never worn unless it's by tourists and about 3 old ladies

I understand why it can be seen as cultural appropriation tho, but still.
That said tumblr really needs to sit down on their ass and realize there are more important things going on in the world other then people wearing clothes.
>>
Oh Disney, nice seeing you jump on the fucking social justice band wagon. You remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWpc99HFOs0
>>
>>7749577
I kinda hope it is this.
It's still obnoxious but just a little less than militant SJWs.
>>
>>7749916
>Don't take part in fashion if you don't do the research.
>Don't take part in fashion if you do too much research.

Is there a guide on how to know how much research is just the right amount?
>>
>>7749294
Because it's not like asserting ones culture over another is a white exclusive thing.
It's almost like we should just segregate everyone based on their rave culture and religion, that way we won't have any awful culture merging or appropriation
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817339

This shit is more offensive. Where's tumblr?
>>
>>7750200
Didn't Japan do something similar with Stitch?
>>
Is this actually intended to 'tackle cultural appropriation" or it just a dumb joke to say the girl looks stupid?
>>
>>7750116
I don't get it. What's wrong with that clip?
>>
>>7750048
Unless you run into someone who hates everyone but Chinese people, it's the same as kimono although a bit more shallow.
People will think it's cute or be interested/flattered that a noon Chinese person would wear a cheongsam ( within context for anything but the casual tops and such). As long as you're attractive and thus look good in it, no one gives a shit
>>
>>7750225
From what I'm gathering, it's a new approach to the "don't try to fit into a group you don't belong to just for the sake of looking cool", nothing to do with cultural appropriation.

It's like that Simpsons episode where Lisa meets this group of "cool" kids at the beach and she tries to hide her true self to fit in with them.
>>
File: dreads.jpg (113KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dreads.jpg
113KB, 600x600px
>>7749916

White people with dreads are assumed to be stoners (and lets face it they usually fucking are, source: I hung out with a lot of white people with dreads) so they only get jobs at places that wouldn't turn away black people with dreads either (source: same as the above)

And dreads aren't really "in fashion" currently.

Also as for the spiritual thing Rastafarianism is a very patriarchal religion with many beliefs that are very opposed to SJW opinion.
>>
>>7749971
>white privilege

Oh fuck, don't get me even started. You do realize that the whole world is not USA, right?
>>
File: 1340847957673.png (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1340847957673.png
164KB, 500x500px
>western people speaking on behalf of the entire nation of Japan
Did people not learn from the whole Avril Lavigne shitstorm? The only thing Japanese people were offended by was the western piggu putting words in their mouths. The vast majority of them don't give two shits.
>>
>>7750236
My Boyfriend is chinese, and his family loves that I am into chinese culture, etc, and any chinese people I met were always very exctied about it. They loved learning about my culture, and being able to share theirs. Sooo... I value their opinion on whether I am offensive over the opinion of some white teenage transotherkin SJW on tumblr.
>>
>>7749971
>I am aware I'm on 4chan which isn't the best place to debate this sort of stuff

It's actually THE best place to debate this sort of stuff. Nobody from any side censors themselves.
>>
>>7750248
Same here, though if a fat person or a person who was extremely busty and assy wore one, they'd probably say it doesn't suit them (since the silk ones are meant to emphasize and create curves.

So if you're not small and have a small to regular bust size, it'll look really weird)
>>
File: a7c.gif (1MB, 257x387px) Image search: [Google]
a7c.gif
1MB, 257x387px
>>7750244
>Asians with dreadlocks
>>
File: 828147.jpg (143KB, 651x489px) Image search: [Google]
828147.jpg
143KB, 651x489px
>>7750247
>>
Isn't lolita essentially Victorian style clothing anyway? Isn't it already a form of "cultural appropriation"?
>>
>>7750254
>Nobody from any side censors themselves.
Nah, everyone just baits newfags rendering actual discussion utterly useless.
>>
>>7750262
It's based off of Victorian children's cuts and details. With some exceptions (some classic) the majority of dresses aren't very similar to actual Victorian dresses apart from the cut and details.
>>
>>7750262
SJWs only have a problem with it when white people do something. Because "muh oppression".
>>
>>7750262
>Isn't lolita essentially Victorian style clothing anyway?

Just to start a whole nother shitstorm but, how do feminist lolis who say the fashion is a rejection of patriarchy rationalize this?
>>
>>7749256
this is the new age of segregation
>stay away from muh fashion!!!!!!! it's for MY people, even if it isn't sacred!!
>don't learn my language!!!! it's MY people's language
>>
File: here in america.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
here in america.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
>>7750200
>>
>>7749971
> White Privilege

Go back to tumblr
>>
>>7750280
Holy shit, shut up.
>What? Sometimes people don't like me, a white person, doing things (even though they literally do nothing but express that they don't like it and I'm still allowed to do these things without much social disapproval or stigmatization precisely because I'm white)?!
>THIS IS NOTHING LESS THAN NEW AGE SEGREGATION!!
>>
>>7749999
Blacks with dreads and crazy colored synthetic extensions get hired all the time because they play its my culture card and if you dont hire me your racist bullshit. White people on the other hand just get looked down on even when they are just being themselves but of course it can't be called racism because only whites can be racists. Fucking disgusting world we live in.

Btw most white people with real dreads are really clean and take good care if their dreads because they love them. I've seen more dirty nasty hair on blacks than anything. Not to mention all weave looks like crappy synthetic. So tempting to just pull that shit off their heads.
>>
>>7750235
They're making fun of the indian kid's attire all the while spouting bullshit like >>7749256
>>
File: suitelifetranslation.jpg (131KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
suitelifetranslation.jpg
131KB, 400x275px
>Disney in charge of cultural sensitivities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6xHGP3sL3c
>>
>>7749916
CAN PEOPLE JUST BE. JAPANESE PEOPLE DO NOT FEEL CULTURALLY THREATENED BY WHITE PEOPLE WEARING JFASHION PLEASE STOP THE WORLD IS SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL.
I MEAN LOOK AT KOREANS THEY PAY MONEY TO LOOK WESTERN WITH SURGERIES AND I DONT FEEL A THING GUYS.
>>
>>7750387
Not to mention every black female on their shows are the "sassy black girl" stereotype.
>>
>>7749855
Goddam he sounds delicious.
>>
>>7750290
actual japanese people who actually live in japan don't care though, this is just american / uk garbage. (mostly american because muh slavery, people in the uk seem to have adjusted past that a lot more)
>>
>>7750262
It's based of the idea of victorian clothing. It's like a simulacra of it.
>>
>>7749256
>tfw I'm still going to do whatever the fuck I want
>tfw nobody is going to care in real life
Feels good.
>>
This annoys me because the show wasn't even about cultural appropriation, it was about "staying true to yourself" and all that jazz. I'm so sick of tumblr twisting everything and blowing it out of proportion.
>>
>>7750290
Wut. Why are you simplifying this down to "white people"?
Oh, I forgot. One "da evil whiteys can appropriate!!"
Sounds like your typical SJW-American centric garbage.
>>
>>7749855
>being racist towards white people
Tumblr wants to think using the same shit-slinging language/tactics to stereotype white people is unproblematic because "lel white people are the only ones capable of causing racial tension". It's fucking dumb.
"Telling white people jokes is unproblematic because PoC are the only ones suffering from negative stereotypes!"
That doesn't mean casting negative stereotypes is fucking good thing. All it does is create the racial dynamic that is tumblr SJWs as we know it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe4AZRkFYE

I don't see where disney is trying to go with this, its not opressive to wear jfashion, honestly if lolita was african or swedish i wouldnt care.

lolita dashiki lel.
>>
>>7750416
I'm white and at my old school I got bullied a lot because of it.
>>
>>7750416
http://youtu.be/h33-iPTZuKE

http://youtu.be/IOoQtdCRL80

Just a couple examples but hey, none of these are racist right?
>>
>>7749256
Since when were commercial fashion items a sacred cultural vestment? It's not like wearing a kimono, or a dirndl, etc.

It's like saying Chanel is for Europeans only, or gothic clothing, or steampunk or whatever because that's where the fashion originated. Fucking tumblr.
>>
>>7750452
Japanese people don't give a shit about stupid gaijin wearing kimono though. We've had this discussion several times.
>>
>>7750404
Doesn't that make it even MORE not "new age segregation"?
You're whining over nothing, literally.
>>
>>7750414
>Why are you simplifying this down to "white people"?
Because literally only an assmad white person would care this much about a Disney sitcom implying some implications and then compare it to segregation.
>>
>>7750469
not the segregation anon
>literally leblogged tho xDDDD
>>
>>7750473
Disney isn't implying things, tumblr is shitdick. And guess who implies on the tumblers? Le people of le colore.
>>
File: purty.png (2MB, 762x1046px) Image search: [Google]
purty.png
2MB, 762x1046px
>>White people appropriate the culture of others
>>muds throw bitch fit
>>White people embrace their own culture and heritage
>>muds throw even bigger bitch fit
>>
>>7750482
>no valid response
>I'll just shitpost instead, that'll show anon
>>
>>7750488
Most SJWs are either white (wo)manchildren or non-white teenagers who literally hold no societal or political power at all. Are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>7750492
>makes a comment about me whining and comparing things to segregation when I did not I fact compare things to segregation
>corrects you
>gets mad about it because U DIDNT RESPOND
genuine tumblr sjw has posted itt, so what's your oppression status like today and how are you qualified to identify as oppressed?
>>
>>7750502
>who literally hold no societal or political power at all.

The dumb teenagers got their dogma filtered down from influential academics, just sayin.
>>
>>7750503
I didn't accuse you of being that anon, I just responded to you attempting to defend them and you went ape and accused me of being Tumblr.
Nice strawman.
>>
>>7750502
Okay so I guess it was too hard for you to grasp that I was referencing the specific sjws that point out cultural appropriation all the time. My statement still stands.
>>
>>7750508
Except not really, or a lot of shit would be different. This is literally a case of dumb kids running wild with originally reasonable, sane ideas and twisting them.
The next time you hear of white people being banned from wearing alt fashion with elements from other cultures, you can validly complain about this.
Until then, stop being such a babby.
>>
File: touchmyhair_dxr_003.jpg (48KB, 560x374px) Image search: [Google]
touchmyhair_dxr_003.jpg
48KB, 560x374px
>>7750502
No they aren't. Shitskins are just trying to separate themselves from their own stupidity, I've never heard a white person talking the way tumblr shits talk. I lived in an area that was about 50% white, the other 50% was beaners and gooks. They say shit like this all the fucking time. It reminds me of how japs try to claim that all their neo nazis are koreans dressing up like japs to make jappoes look bad, lmao.
>>
>>7750510
What power do those SJWs have? At all?
>My statement still stands.
No, it really doesn't.
>>
>>7750509
i wasn't defending them though
i said nothing about segregation in my post and yet you still brought it up so ???????
>>
>>7750515
>You can't complain about something until the government is literally enforcing it

You realize if you apply that standard to 90% of current issues of racism and sexism they fall apart right? But it would be dumb and reductive. So stop using it to indirectly defend tumblr culture.
>>
>>7750522
Dude, I said those social justice warriors are people of color. You tried to tell me they weren't. I readjusted what I said and got more specific so you could understand. Now you're going off on a tangent about how much power SJWs have? Which has nothing to do with what I said? Are you drunk?
>>
File: afr.jpg (31KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
afr.jpg
31KB, 500x281px
>>7750518
>No they aren't.
You have no idea what you're talking about m8.
>I've never heard a white person talking the way tumblr shits talk.
Then count yourself lucky, not an authority on this topic.
>>
>>7750518
/pol/ pls go
>>
File: lick frog.jpg (5KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
lick frog.jpg
5KB, 200x194px
>>7750518
>you can kiss my ass

Gladly.
>>
>>7750533
Re-read >>7750502.
No matter what race they are, they don't matter because they can't do shit and they're a loud, annoying minority in a sea of people.
Fix your reading comprehension, seriously.
>>
>>7750522

They have power in nerd subcultures at least. Gotten people fired for tweets and shit.
>>
>>7750518
>dat pic
In all honestly, you shouldn't feel entitled to touching people's hair just because it gives you certain feelings.
>>
>>7750529
Actual issues of racism and sexism are actually rampant in the way people are treated IRL, not some idiots on the internet. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
>stop using it to indirectly defend tumblr culture.
holy shit you're both ridiculously paranoid and ignorant.
>>
>>7750541

True but let's be real, if you're a black woman and the biggest issue in your life is people ASKING if they can touch your hair I'd say you're doing OK.
>>
>>7750423
ok, anon
>>
>>7750524
>i wasn't defending them though
sure anon
>>
>>7750537
Yeah uh, again that has nothing to do with social justice warriors and cultural appropriation. Those specific types of social justice warrior are people of color. I don't know why you're trying to make it a point to say they have no power because again, that has nothing to do with what I said. I made a post about who does what and now you're creating this whole other thing that has nothing to do with anything
>>
>>7750551
>whines about shitposting
>shitposts
kek, it's like im really on tumblr
>>
>>7750553
So, you brought up "who does what" in response to me responding to someone who tried to call this the "new age of segregation" JUST so you could say "[x] does [y] btw"?
Because in that case, it seems more like you're the one who brought up irrelevant shit
>>
>>7750555
>shitposts
>whines about whining about shitposting
>still shitposts
>>
>>7750518
I'm a curly haired white girl and can relate. People always touch your hair and ogle over it. It's annoying and rude.
>>
>>7750544
>Actual issues of racism and sexism are actually rampant in the way people are treated IRL

When did I imply that they weren't?

Look, you we all know the real world is more important, but people DO care about silly subcultures as you must to a degree or you wouldn't be here, and that's where SJW are getting really loud, and if they're met with no reasonable resistance they take over. Not unreasonable to not want that to happen.
>>
File: 1359086529001.jpg (159KB, 1032x1167px) Image search: [Google]
1359086529001.jpg
159KB, 1032x1167px
>>7750534
I'm guessing you don't have a whole lot of experience with non-white people, then.
1. People on the internet are white until proven otherwise
2. The majority of none-white people think this way. I'm not kidding. It sounds like a huge exaggeration, but it's honestly true. The majority of people within the Anglo-sphere are white. Very few white people are sjw's, but most none-white people are. It seems like there are more whites, as they are the majority of the population. None-whites who do not think this way are the exception, not the norm.
>>
>>7750541
Stfu, nigger. Go find real problems to bitch about. Oh, wait, you don't have any.
>>
>>7750423
Same here. A white person in a minority school has it a lot worse then a minority in a white school. Mud people would never admit it, though, even though they know it's true.
>>
File: BurninMyLaptop.png (136KB, 457x512px) Image search: [Google]
BurninMyLaptop.png
136KB, 457x512px
Sure is /pol/ in here.
>>
>>7750585
>A white person in a minority school has it a lot worse then a minority in a white school
[citation needed]
And yes, black kids have been beaten up, bullied and/or murdered for living in the deep south with mostly whites
>>
>>7750580
NA AH YOU DITENT NIGGER! MAYN YOU BE TRIPPIN YO! I AINT BE HEARIN DAT
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.