[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hope this is the right board for this... >move into small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1451008723099.png (1MB, 799x807px) Image search: [Google]
1451008723099.png
1MB, 799x807px
Hope this is the right board for this...

>move into small apartment building 15 months ago or so, 1 year lease agreement
>about 9 months in, landlord sells building
>new owner is shady mexican lady who hardly speaks english
>60 days from my lease ending, I ask her what the situation is with my lease (renewal available, if so, is my rent staying the same, etc.)
>she keeps avoiding me, but my contract has a month to month option after my year is up, so i figure I can just stick with that for a while, even if I dont talk to her
>fast forward to now, all the vacant units have been filled up by her insane mexican family and friends
>always up late blaring music, breaking shit, leaving all their clothes in the washer
>I want to get out of here, but I have no idea how to do it legally
>I'm also almost positive she'll find some bullshit way to try and keep my deposit

Any suggestions? I think I have to do it in writing. Also, like I said, I'm sure she'll try and play dumb with my deposit.
>>
>>1666478
In all seriousness, call a lawyer.
>>
>>1666478

Write her, tell her you're vacating (make sure you follow your lease)
Take photos after move on.

If the greedy cunt tries to take your SD, take her to small claims court.

If she's as stupid as she sounds, she won't even send you a list of repairs within 30 days, in which case it will be an automatic win for you.

If she tries to claim it for damages, use the photos as evidence against it.

Good luck. Don't let her get away with anything.
>>
Don't call a lawyer, just let her know politely that you're moving out like you love the place but are just moving on with your life and hence moving, she will give you your deposit it, she doesn't want any legal troubles. If you did your part and nothing is legitamately broken she should give it back, the worst i would expect is that she looks real hard for a reason to keep your deposit just make sure there isn't one
>>
>>1666552
Nobody said "sue her" I just said to consult a lawyer so he has one on hand and knows his legal rights after his lawyer looks over his lease.
>>
>>1666565

There's no point in wasting money on a lawyer.

Leases aren't complicated.
>>
>>1666478
are you kidding? talk to an attorney. Most will give a consultation for free. meet with one and ask about what your rights / obligations are. Then, you can also tell the new landlady that you consulted a lawyer and are in the right.

Don't get your credit messed up by some nutjob. Use the lawyer to diffuse her early and show you know your rights and she'll let you walk away rather then face the hassle
>>
>>1666565
Call the lawyer, i got screwed $1500 from my previous landlord
>>
>>1666572
Consultations are usually free you frugal sumbitch.
>>
>>1666577

It's a fucking apartment lease.

This isn't rocket science.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.